PDA

View Full Version : Collision model issues

TRL Karthikeyan
03-08-2015, 16:45
I really like this game and race regularly with a clean bunch of people but when in wheel to wheel battles the slightest contact attracts cars like magnets or just spins the car off. This affects all cars but mainly open wheel.

I understand in real racing it happens but not when it's very slight contact.

I feel the game collision model needs to be slightly tweaked to be more forgiving to improve wheel to wheel racing.

You could say i should just avoid contact all together but in real life rubbing is racing whereas on pcars it's a 2 for 1 ticket to the barrier. It happens so much even with clean racers.

Pink_650S
03-08-2015, 16:51
Agreed.
But in real life cars dont glue together at all. Its ridiculous how cars stick to each other in the game :(

Raven403
03-08-2015, 16:55
100% agree, cars get Stuck together at the slightest bit of contact. It's really frustrating and makes closing in tight quarters really almost impossible.

Brent G
03-08-2015, 16:57
Agreed.
But in real life cars dont glue together at all. Its ridiculous how cars stick to each other in the game :(

Velcro-paint© patent pending ;)

MXR SMILER
03-08-2015, 17:26
Been racing a while so have played a few games and I do find it almost impossible to detect light collision and that Velcro! KILLER.
Definitely needs a tweak!

Ochilbaz
03-08-2015, 18:56
to me there is also a weird area around the car. what i mean is that i race in bumper cam and when i try to get a slipstream i seem to nudge the car in front even although there looks like a good gap still to go. not a gamebreaker but not quite correct imo

homed
03-08-2015, 19:16
The management of collisions and damage is very bad on PC
It's a shame because this is the big downside of the game.

jason
03-08-2015, 21:20
I would believe the issue is on all formats :(