PDA

View Full Version : Landmine Issue

chig88
03-08-2015, 19:45
Alright so I'm going to have my 1st rant regarding this game. I know that's not what everyone wants to read so move onto the next thread if that's the case.

I've been a huge supporter of this game thus far (look through my previous posts if you need the evidence), and I'm even involved in running/organising a weekly league for the game and developing a website for said league. But tonight I seriously lost my rag for the first time, and I think my previous vocal support should allow me a bit of leeway to be p***ed off.

Out of the last 6 races we've done I've had the 'landmine' bug twice (not really an acceptable rate). I'm sure you're aware of what this is by now, but it's when you hit an invisible object & your wheel loses all FFB. This week TBH I'm not even sure if it was a landmine. The wheel (T300RS) simply went 'bump', lost all FFB and became immensely sensitive (i.e. half a centimetre turn sent me flying across the track).

I had the quit the race (making somewhat of a mockery of our league's attempt to run a fair, fun championship) and went in to a practice session to test the wheel. As usual, it worked fine again.

I'm not even sure what the point of this thread is really, other than it's becoming hugely frustrating to spend all week practicing for a league race without any problems whatsoever, only to have the game completely screw you over when it comes time to race.

Is this a multiplayer only bug? Does it only affect wheel-users? I know SMS is working on improving the game, but this seems like a major bug that has been reported by many people with little feedback from SMS. The first time the bug happened to me I posted a video to help identify the bug & the only feedback I got was a mod asking me to 'unlist' the video from YouTube. Pretty shoddy if I'm honest.

I really hope the community can get some feedback on this. I love this game overall but it's getting to the point that I'm dreading Mondays because I'm driving on tenterhooks expecting the game to balls up at any point :(

EDIT: Feedback on Issue

I'd be surprised if it had anything to do with stint length. The bug I had yesterday happened on the 3rd corner of the 1st lap of our race. No contact with anyone or anything. Simply a 'bump' as if I'd gone across a kerb, followed by a total loss of FFB & hyper-sensitive steering.

One interesting point is that I tried to carry on for a few corners and was eventually taken off by someone making a mistake behind me. When I went through the gravel & hit the wall I still felt the impact through the wheel. I thought hitting the wall may have restored FFB, but when I returned to the track it was still lifeless.

These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head:

- RWD LMP 1 @ Brno
- Caper Monterey @ Sonoma
- Formula Gulf @ Dubai International
- BMW 1M Procar @ Willow Springs (this one was during a practice session, not a multiplayer race. This may have been the 'levitating car' bug, not the landmine)

EDIT 2: ANOTHER ONE
Okay so I had another one tonight, occurring in a practice session with the Formula Gulf at Dubai International. The video is below.

A few points from the video:

- the car 'sinks' into the track. This is the 1st time I've seen the track crack so severely after one of these although it might be a common occurrence for others
- as usual, I lost all FFB & the fuel reset itself to the fuel I left the garage with
- weirdly, although I had the damage set to realistic there didn't seem to be any damage to the car at all after the landmine
- I returned to the garage through the pause menu (didn't restart the session or unplug the wheel), then went back out on to the track with the exact same setup. The FFB had returned & I had no problems driving over the same spot for the rest of the session (about 10-12 laps)

Question: does anyone think that car setup plays a role in the frequency of this bug? I usually run cars with a very low ride height on smooth tracks, and at quite a steep rake angle (nose of the car lower than the back). Although it shouldn't really make a difference, would having the car closer to the track increase the likelihood of the front 'catching' on the surface?

http://youtu.be/ZyiOvL5WEkk

Nelson Pacheco
03-08-2015, 19:49
i know the feeling
and i also know how hard is to find a decent lobby to race... dont say leagues are the option because leagues is a complicated thing.
For example last night i decided to give a try... entered a lobby after trying 10... ok... we started until some stupid decide to hit everyone that was passing him
I know this is not a game problem, but its frustating to lost time like this... even worse than joining and leaving lobbys just because we dont see if the lobby have AIDS on or off (i prefer ON for the gamepad purpose)

Prej
03-08-2015, 20:02
Is this a multiplayer only bug? Does it only affect wheel-users? I know SMS is working on improving the game, but this seems like a major bug that has been reported by many people with little feedback from SMS. The first time the bug happened to me I posted a video to help identify the bug & the only feedback I got was a mod asking me to 'unlist' the video from YouTube. Pretty shoddy if I'm honest.

This bug has been in the game since day one, through all the patches. It's one of the reasons I pretty much stopped playing the game, it made the career mode practically unplayable for me.

There was a big thread on this subject around somewhere, you may want to look it up, though it won't provide any help.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure SMS are "working on it" and it will be "fixed in the upcoming patch". You know the drill.

Umer Ahmad
03-08-2015, 20:08
Ranting is therapeutic but doesnt help much to solve the problem.

Lets get some details: car, track? Weathed? Tyres? Setup default/custom?

Possible to get a video of this issue? Is it easily reproducible?

chig88
03-08-2015, 20:13

I appreciate the attempt to help Umer (I know you're doing your best), but honestly I'm not going to waste time going through the details or trying to reproduce the issue.

There's a thread full of details and videos on this issue (I myself posted a video that, as explained above, wasn't even acknowledged) so there is plenty to go on if SMS are trying to solve the problem.

What I'm looking for from the devs is some sort of acknowledgment that they are working on the issue, or at least have an idea of how to fix it or even what it is. Is there anything we can do to avoid it? Is it happening to wheel users only?

I really don't think that's too much to ask for.

diesel97
03-08-2015, 20:31

I understand looking for data to help solve problems but we need a little update were the devs are on all these problems . maybe a sliding scale in %

like was said before these are day 1 problems with many threads of info for the devs with no update

AtomicSphincter
03-08-2015, 20:37
The first time the bug happened to me I posted a video to help identify the bug & the only feedback I got was a mod asking me to 'unlist' the video from YouTube. Pretty shoddy if I'm honest.
Why to unlist the video from YouTube? Damage control? Looks like they don't want anyone outside of this forum to know about the plethora of bugs in the game.
I think it's time for me to take five minutes and post my honest review on amazon.

3800racingfool
03-08-2015, 20:47
After 200 hours of gameplay I've had this happen twice. I've actually felt kind of fortunate that it really hasn't happened to me lately *knock on wood*. As for the frustration, it sucks at first for sure, but I kinda just chalk it up to an evil random mechanical failure. They affect real racers too all the time and are often completely unannounced.

As far as the status of a fix, there was a thread a while back where either Casey or Doug mentioned that they hadn't really found the true cause of the issue yet which is why they were still asking for info from everybody who's had the problem. Obviously with a bug this random simply replicating the issue is a major challenge let alone finding the cause of and fixing it.

diesel97
03-08-2015, 20:49
Why to unlist the video from YouTube? Damage control? Looks like they don't want anyone outside of this forum to know about the plethora of bugs in the game.
I think it's time for me to take five minutes and post my honest review on amazon.

Sadly i'm see this more and more .

maurice-pascale
03-08-2015, 20:54

i noticed this FFB loosing bug, too, also with everything on default, i just done a normal practice and it happens sometimes.......dont matter what track....this happens to me on random tracks with or without default set ups...........i use a t300, but i dont think it is the wheel's problem

chig88
03-08-2015, 20:54
Why to unlist the video from YouTube? Damage control?

That's the impression I got, yes.

And when I flat out asked why I didn't get a reply.

jason
03-08-2015, 21:03
I think in the games present state running serious leagues is going to cause more head aches then its worth.

Someone is going to get disadvantaged in every race all be pit bugs , land mines bumper cam or something else random.

The group I play with will wait until patch 3.0 and see how that goes .

AtomicSphincter
03-08-2015, 21:12

I hope you kept it "listed", don't obey the dictatorship.

Pink_650S
03-08-2015, 21:16

Are you joking, Umer?
So many people have reported this bug, and you still think its specific to a track, car and WEATHER?!

Unfortunately l can count myself to the people that have reported this (with video) and who responded? Exactly, no one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2GL_yvqZ5c

Prej
03-08-2015, 21:17

Count yourself lucky not to have been banned for that. ;)

Umer Ahmad
03-08-2015, 21:40
Count yourself lucky not to have been banned for that. ;)

You shut up or i will ban you! :)

Dean2
03-08-2015, 21:57
I had the land mine bug yesterday and got all exited then it was perfect to reproduce i thought !

Career BMW z4 at spa qualifing I drove out of pit and drove 20 m after getting manual control down on the right hand
Side of track and bam ! I thought great I do it again remembered the exact spot !
Restarted session and did exactly the same 10 times aaaaand nothing all good no land mine !

I don't think it gonna be easy to reproduce !

jason
03-08-2015, 22:00
Since release I have had it once , the other night ........ Scared the crap out of me actually "wheel went thud " I just wasn't ready for it :)

chig88
03-08-2015, 22:03
Since release I have had it once , the other night ........ Scared the crap out of me actually "wheel went thud " I just wasn't ready for it :)

Did you lose FFB?

Prej
03-08-2015, 22:12

Lucky you, I got it almost each time I drove Snetterton, but it happened on other tracks too. Can't play the game without encountering the bug, TBH.

jason
03-08-2015, 22:18
Did you lose FFB?

I didn't lose FFB

Real_Reece
03-08-2015, 22:21
I've had the sensitive steering part of this. Not the flip over kind of thing although I did crash as I was breaking heavily.

2nd to last corner at oulton (right handed through the dip) in the braking zone. Wheel went super sensitive

Logi g27

Merc 190e

Clear

Custom setup

sgohsixthree
03-08-2015, 22:27
Heres a thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26177-quot-Crash-into-nothing-quot-bug) that has been discussing this since release. It's a Known Issue (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22495-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PS4)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-01-08) without workaround or patching.

One of my run-ins with this stubborn bug, while I didn't fly in the air... I did stop and lose all FFB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCoQO2IREBI

Also regularly lose FFB / steering while coming out of a pitstop, along with the stuck in bumper cam bug. Happened once during an hour race at Watkins Glen. Not pleasant. No DLC purchases for me until this is fixed.

chig88
03-08-2015, 22:32
No DLC purchases for me until this is fixed.

Agree entirely. I'm not throwing money down a black hole, because as much as I love this game I may have to abandon it altogether if this isn't fixed. :(

Gravit8
03-08-2015, 22:58
Personally, the only time I encountered this bug, I knew what I hit. Was a suspension component off a caterham. But it didn't play out like I hit a piece of car I should have simply run over. Was a land mine instead. Don't think they will get this sorted since they don't talk about it. Personally I think it's damaged pieces of car that they had to ghost or something to compensate for bad damage modeling making land mines all over track.
Makes sense that the land mines are not repeating or consistent. It's from the damage model to cars, but keep that on the down low because it's crippling and un fixable without removing a major component of game? Shocking that no one from SMS even have a potential theory. Just let it kill your game?

diesel97
03-08-2015, 23:25
Personally, the only time I encountered this bug, I knew what I hit. Was a suspension component off a caterham. But it didn't play out like I hit a piece of car I should have simply run over. Was a land mine instead. Don't think they will get this sorted since they don't talk about it. Personally I think it's damaged pieces of car that they had to ghost or something to compensate for bad damage modeling making land mines all over track.
Makes sense that the land mines are not repeating or consistent. It's from the damage model to cars, but keep that on the down low because it's crippling and un fixable without removing a major component of game? Shocking that no one from SMS even have a potential theory. Just let it kill your game?

I think your rite and i can take that as and answer if they just said so , but saying nothing just makes it worst.

ChrisK
03-08-2015, 23:34
Are you joking, Umer?
So many people have reported this bug, and you still think its specific to a track, car and WEATHER?!

Unfortunately l can count myself to the people that have reported this (with video) and who responded? Exactly, no one.

I know right....I've never actually encountered this personally but in the last week we've had several instances where this has occurred. Most of the time the ffb disappears altogether. We run so many different cars and tracks it's insane to ask all of us to post examples cos they are quite regular. I think last night buggs had it at Dubai or maybe Sakitto, Dan and Jason had it on the same track which was the exit of forest elbow at Bathurst from memory. Gt4's I believe.

Gravit8
04-08-2015, 00:17
I know right....I've never actually encountered this personally but in the last week we've had several instances where this has occurred. Most of the time the ffb disappears altogether. We run so many different cars and tracks it's insane to ask all of us to post examples cos they are quite regular. I think last night buggs had it at Dubai or maybe Sakitto, Dan and Jason had it on the same track which was the exit of forest elbow at Bathurst from memory. Gt4's I believe.

I'm telling you man, if you had two in the same spot/area. There was some debris on track with the physics of a wall instead of a part. When I watched my replay. Could see the sway bar or suspension linkage I hit.
Did not see it in real time on track or would have tried to go around.

I bet the part that comes off car is given same weight as car. Still weight physics seen as car? But can't be seen by the player.

TMoney
04-08-2015, 00:30
I don't think it's a land mine you're hitting. For some reason the moose you hit isn't rendering properly. I know it's frustrating but sadly there's no running from mother nature.

Hengist
04-08-2015, 00:46
it happened to me the other day and on launch day and about four times inbetween. The T300 looses all feedback when it happens.

I actually made a video of the launch day land mine. It still makes me laugh when I watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQlRbEuK8A

... and from the drivers perspective,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZaKrCY26RY

:)

cmch15
04-08-2015, 03:09
it happened to me the other day and on launch day and about four times inbetween. The T300 looses all feedback when it happens.

I actually made a video of the launch day land mine. It still makes me laugh when I watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQlRbEuK8A

... and from the drivers perspective,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZaKrCY26RY

:)

Common factor I am noticing in these reports is T300 users and loss of FFB, rather than a particular game mode,track etc. I am fortunate enough not to have had it but I have only played single player and with the PS4 controller.

Pink_650S
04-08-2015, 03:15
Common factor I am noticing in these reports is T300 users and loss of FFB, rather than a particular game mode,track etc. I am fortunate enough not to have had it but I have only played single player and with the PS4 controller.

I use the DualShock 4 and it happened to me.

cmch15
04-08-2015, 03:20
I use the DualShock 4 and it happened to me.

Bugger.... won't be that then :) I have played 40+ hours and not had it happen, and people have mentioned cars I have driven. Long races? I haven't done longer than 16 lap races.

Pink_650S
04-08-2015, 03:26
Bugger.... won't be that then :) I have played 40+ hours and not had it happen, and people have mentioned cars I have driven. Long races? I haven't done longer than 16 lap races.

I dont know what causes the issue. And to be honest, it shouldnt be the players' job to figure it out.
There are many game breaking bugs in the game and after almost 3 months now, very few to none have been ironed out.
It gets frustrating, and with every week passing, the customers will lose faith a little more.

Just my opinion though.

Schnizz58
04-08-2015, 03:34
I've noticed that in most cases it has been around 20 laps into a stint when this happens. So maybe longer races is a factor. I also don't hate the theory about the suspension part that suddenly acquires the density of a neutron star. I remember one of the 1st reports I saw about this mentioned that it happened more than once and always in the same part of the track at Silverstone. So it could be the track or something on the track.

I've played around 120 hours and never encountered it but I've only run a few races that long and I've only played career mode.

jason
04-08-2015, 03:37
I dont know what causes the issue. And to be honest, it shouldnt be the players' job to figure it out.
There are many game breaking bugs in the game and after almost 3 months now, very few to none have been ironed out.
It gets frustrating, and with every week passing, the customers will lose faith a little more.

Just my opinion though.

Completely agree ....... It shouldn't be up to us to figure it out.

Help if possible yes but find the problem and when and in what situation it happens , I want to be on the books if that is my role here .

Schnizz58
04-08-2015, 03:38
I don't disagree with that but we represent a fairly large resource pool. If we can shorten the time it takes to get to the bottom of some of these more bizarre issues then I for one am willing to invest some of my time to do a little sleuthing.

jason
04-08-2015, 03:49
Lets just see how 3.0 patch is received , what is in it , what is fixed and what is not .

Then we can get back on the roundabout of bug fixes or we can praise the devs for doing a good job.

ChrisK
04-08-2015, 04:31
I've noticed that in most cases it has been around 20 laps into a stint when this happens. So maybe longer races is a factor. I also don't hate the theory about the suspension part that suddenly acquires the density of a neutron star. I remember one of the 1st reports I saw about this mentioned that it happened more than once and always in the same part of the track at Silverstone. So it could be the track or something on the track..

we were racing short 5 lap sprints the other night when it was happening.

Pink_650S
04-08-2015, 05:03
I don't disagree with that but we represent a fairly large resource pool. If we can shorten the time it takes to get to the bottom of some of these more bizarre issues then I for one am willing to invest some of my time to do a little sleuthing.

No offense, but this resource pool hasnt helped much yet.
It starts to get critical once the actual supporters of the game begin to raise their voices about frustrating bugs and glitches.
You can promise improvements for some months, but it'll bite you eventually.

Really not trying to moan or attack anyone, only pointing out that some of the players wont wait another 3 months for the game breaking bugs to be solved.
Bugs? Okay, can live with some.
Gamebreakers? No.

jason
04-08-2015, 05:12
It starts to get critical once the actual supporters of the game begin to raise their voices about frustrating bugs and glitches.

Really not trying to moan or attack anyone, only pointing out that some of the players wont wait another 3 months for the game breaking bugs to be solved.
Gamebreakers? No.

+ 1 .

chig88
04-08-2015, 08:07

Gamebreakers? No.

+1.

The number of actual WMD members I've seen on these forums losing patience is quite telling.

The lack of communication recently doesn't help either. For instance, there was one solitary post from a dev yesterday and, as usual, it was regarding DLC/feature updates. Almost nothing is being said on the major bugs.

MysterG
04-08-2015, 08:20
+1.

The number of actual WMD members I've seen on these forums losing patience is quite telling.

The lack of communication recently doesn't help either. For instance, there was one solitary post from a dev yesterday and, as usual, it was regarding DLC/feature updates. Almost nothing is being said on the major bugs.

1. Many WMD members here actually posted or contributed very little/nothing during development. They paid their money and waited for release, so despite their gold member status, they are basically no different from anyone else who bought after release.

2. Are you really surprised at the lack of communication when pretty much all the devs get is irrational and over emotional rants about how thing x makes the game unplayable and not a sim and they are all money grabbing scammers. The devs wanted this place to be a beneficial forum for all. But it still seems that there are many that despite all their "I love this game but" still post as much crap as they can get away with. They tried to open a direct line of communication with their community, rather than with some largely uncaring publisher, and for that they get the usual bunch of whining self entitled 'customers who are always right'.

maurice-pascale
04-08-2015, 08:34
we were racing short 5 lap sprints the other night when it was happening.

Yeah its absolute random.....i just drived 2 minutes practice on california highway and it happened.....in all way's it happens sometimes to me...

oh and befor Pcars was released, maybe 2 month before, i watched a old build by someone on youtube and later in his video, he crashed into a invisible wall and destroyed his car absolutely....so now i know this bug's with the landmi e and invisible walls are in the game for a very long time........i just hope it gets fixed next time, this bugs are much to long in the game without fix

chig88
04-08-2015, 08:37
1. Many WMD members here actually posted or contributed very little/nothing during development. They paid their money and waited for release, so despite their gold member status, they are basically no different from anyone else who bought after release.

2. Are you really surprised at the lack of communication when pretty much all the devs get is irrational and over emotional rants about how thing x makes the game unplayable and not a sim and they are all money grabbing scammers. The devs wanted this place to be a beneficial forum for all. But it still seems that there are many that despite all their "I love this game but" still post as much crap as they can get away with. They tried to open a direct line of communication with their customers, rather than with some largely uncaring publisher, and for that they get the usual bunch of whining self entitled 'customers who are always right'.

1. Fair enough - doesn't change the fact that people who have believed in the project and saw its potential from a very early stage are losing patience.

2. Your insinuation that I'm posting crap and having a 'customer is always right' attitude is, in a word, nonsense.

I've defended the game and SMS to the hilt in the past, especially when others have accused SMS as shouting down negative feedback. So to get this response the first time I express concern makes me think I may have been mistaken.

MysterG
04-08-2015, 08:47
1. Fair enough - doesn't change the fact that people who have believed in the project and saw its potential from a very early stage are losing patience.

2. Your insinuation that I'm posting crap and having a 'customer is always right' attitude is, in a word, nonsense.

I've defended the game and SMS to the hilt in the past, especially when others have accused SMS as shouting down negative feedback. So to get this response the first time I express concern makes me think I may have been mistaken.

It was not my intention to accuse you of anything, I should have perhaps made that clearer. I was just stating that there are people here like I described and they are a major factor in the lack of Dev visibility.

And many of the WMD members did not 'believe in the project' they paid as little as possible in order to get a cheap game in a few years. That's the reason the minimum for pCARS2 is noticeably higher.

Mascot
04-08-2015, 09:11

Wow - how come the pit engineer isn't that vocal in my races?

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 09:21

2. Are you really surprised at the lack of communication when pretty much all the devs get is irrational and over emotional rants about how thing x makes the game unplayable and not a sim and they are all money grabbing scammers. The devs wanted this place to be a beneficial forum for all. But it still seems that there are many that despite all their "I love this game but" still post as much crap as they can get away with. They tried to open a direct line of communication with their community, rather than with some largely uncaring publisher, and for that they get the usual bunch of whining self entitled 'customers who are always right'.

I think point two is the most important, I've raised this several times, they have been driven away, not because they don't care, probably exactly the opposite.

So if you can do something to help but dont have to and every time you did you were told you were crap, didn't know what you were doing , were a shyster, constantly, how would you react.

My reaction would be, " go F*** yourelves then, I'll just go back to getting paid and doing my job"

I do think the move back to far less communication from sms is a massive shame, but completely understandable and no more or less than the community deaerves.

A bigger shame because there are quite a few bugs that will probably get missed or ignored now. I've done 3 detailed bug reports recently, none acknowledged. However, whi can blame sms, if they did acknowledge there would probably be 10 pages of hate and rants ti follow.

The forum is, imo, losing purpose now, nothing but rants and off topic without the input from sms. The xbox version may or may not be good, i am not in a position to judge, but feels like 80% of the noise on the forum is the same xbox issues rehashed and nothing else gets a look in or response.

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 09:23

Think you misunderstood, I'm pretty sure he was making a general comment as to lack of sms posting, not about your post.

chig88
04-08-2015, 09:55
Think you misunderstood, I'm pretty sure he was making a general comment as to lack of sms posting, not about your post.

If I've misunderstood then fine, but again this thread is being dragged off topic and into bickering.

So can we please get back to the topic of the landmine bug and my original question - is it being fixed or at least investigated?

Yorkie065
04-08-2015, 10:12
I know it's frustrating, but just because a dev doesn't post in a thread about a bug doesn't mean they're not aware of it or have acknowledged it. A lot of studios don't respond to bug threads unless they're looking for very specific information to help them, but will keep track of how many people get it and file it into their systems.

Either way, can we get this topic back on the track of the bug?

This is something that I've only experienced once or twice personally, but others in TGC have had it a couple of times. It seems to be a bit random as to when it could exactly happen, but it's happening consistently after about 12-15 laps+ (dependant on track and it's length) in a stint. What it's down to exactly is unknown. Some people think it's to do with the track mesh catching and grabbing the car, especially around skid marks on the ground. Some think it's to do with tyre wear or possibly the grip levels changing on the track. Could be a combination of the two. In a way, we need to narrow it down so it's more consistently reproducible. As for what cars, tracks, weather conditions etc, it seems to be happening no matter the combination but again, thats not quite 100% confirmed.

Edit: Got ninja'd with Chig's post about getting on topic :P

chig88
04-08-2015, 10:17
I'd be surprised if it had anything to do with stint length. The bug I had yesterday happened on the 3rd corner of the 1st lap of our race. No contact with anyone or anything. Simply a 'bump' as if I'd gone across a kerb, followed by a total loss of FFB & hyper-sensitive steering.

One interesting point is that I tried to carry on for a few corners and was eventually taken off by someone making a mistake behind me. When I went through the gravel & hit the wall I still felt the impact through the wheel. I thought hitting the wall may have restored FFB, but when I returned to the track it was still lifeless.

Blackvault
04-08-2015, 10:24

Thanks for giving that feedback - can you edit that into your first post please? It saves the Dev(s) wading through the off topic posts.

Pete

Sankyo
04-08-2015, 10:30
I hope you kept it "listed", don't obey the dictatorship.
It's not dictatorship, it's a friendly request to unlist it because the video is only useful for bug fixing properties.

chig88
04-08-2015, 10:33
Thanks for giving that feedback - can you edit that into your first post please? It saves the Dev(s) wading through the off topic posts.

Pete

Of course :)

Blackvault
04-08-2015, 10:34
Of course :)

Thanks. If you can remember what track and car combination it would also help.

Pete

chig88
04-08-2015, 10:41

Pete

- RWD LMP 1 @ Brno
- BMW 1M Procar @ Willow Springs (this one was during a practice session, not a multiplayer race)

I will also edit this into the OP.

TrevorAustin
04-08-2015, 10:46
Chig, just seen you are on PS4, is this a PS4 only issue, or across all platforms, I've never seen it and done races up to 2 hours, but not multiplayer or online, all local. so is it MP and PS4 only or more than that.

chig88
04-08-2015, 11:05
Chig, just seen you are on PS4, is this a PS4 only issue, or across all platforms, I've never seen it and done races up to 2 hours, but not multiplayer or online, all local. so is it MP and PS4 only or more than that.

Not sure if its PS4 only, but with regards to multiplayer - that's pretty much the only mode I've had it in. As I highlighted above I had something similar in a practice session once, but I think this might have been the 'levitating' bug, not the landmine (the car definitely stopped with a big bump but didn't lose FFB & started levitating).

I've done hundreds of laps in practice with (almost) no problems, but someone in the thread above says they've had to stop playing career due to this bug, so perhaps it's only happening when there are multiple cars on track?

maurice-pascale
04-08-2015, 11:10

Pete

Some tracks where i noticed it

-california highway-Audi r8 LMS ultra ( the only i remember)
-spa
-barcelona

But it happens random, with random cars

CopperySinger5
04-08-2015, 11:40
Alright so I'm going to have my 1st rant regarding this game. I know that's not what everyone wants to read so move onto the next thread if that's the case.

I've been a huge supporter of this game thus far (look through my previous posts if you need the evidence), and I'm even involved in running/organising a weekly league for the game and developing a website for said league. But tonight I seriously lost my rag for the first time, and I think my previous vocal support should allow me a bit of leeway to be p***ed off.

Out of the last 6 races we've done I've had the 'landmine' bug twice (not really an acceptable rate). I'm sure you're aware of what this is by now, but it's when you hit an invisible object & your wheel loses all FFB. This week TBH I'm not even sure if it was a landmine. The wheel (T300RS) simply went 'bump', lost all FFB and became immensely sensitive (i.e. half a centimetre turn sent me flying across the track).

I had the quit the race (making somewhat of a mockery of our league's attempt to run a fair, fun championship) and went in to a practice session to test the wheel. As usual, it worked fine again.

I'm not even sure what the point of this thread is really, other than it's becoming hugely frustrating to spend all week practicing for a league race without any problems whatsoever, only to have the game completely screw you over when it comes time to race.

I really hope the community can get some feedback on this. I love this game overall but it's getting to the point that I'm dreading Mondays because I'm driving on tenterhooks expecting the game to balls up at any point :(

EDIT: Feedback on Issue

- RWD LMP 1 @ Brno
- BMW 1M Procar @ Willow Springs (this one was during a practice session, not a multiplayer race. This may have been the 'levitating car' bug, not the landmine)

I remember TDU2 had major game bugs at release that made it difficult to enjoy. Mods kept saying be patient devs are working on fixing bugs. Well, I was one of those who tried patience. BUT after 2 years and no real fixes yet; the tdu2 game community became scarce and not much people to play with online. Eventually they shut down the forum while promoting a new name {(SMS) Slightly Mad Studios}, By that time, everyone was bored of the waiting years and went on to playing new games. I mean the game was beautiful but all the cars sounded like lawnmowers and drove like refrigerators (packed with spoiled food) on wheels down the highway. Bottom line, it was a waste of time waiting on fixes.

Grijo
04-08-2015, 12:05
I'm in PS4 and never experienced the landmine bug. I'm about 100 hours played. Online and offline races, short and long ones. I've played most of the combos mentioned in the thread like Audi R18 TDI in BRNO. But i'm playing with Dualshock...maybe the landmine bug have some relation with the use of a wheel? I don't know, only guessing...

chig88
04-08-2015, 13:55
I'm in PS4 and never experienced the landmine bug. I'm about 100 hours played. Online and offline races, short and long ones. I've played most of the combos mentioned in the thread like Audi R18 TDI in BRNO. But i'm playing with Dualshock...maybe the landmine bug have some relation with the use of a wheel? I don't know, only guessing...

I think it affects people using a wheel a lot more. I know people playing with a DS4 have had similar bugs, but obviously it's not as serious because they don't lose FFB, so can usually carry on driving at least. If you're using a wheel it's race over.

Not sure if it's just because the T300RS is more widely used, but it does seem to affect a lot of T300 users. I'd be interested to see if anyone using Fanatec or Logitech wheels has had it to the same extent. (And before anyone says it's Thrustmaster's fault - it doesn't happen with any other game!).

TBH I don't think all of us listing every car/track combo we've seen this on is going to help fix it. I've seen so many videos of the bug covering nearly every car & track that it's obviously not specific to certain combinations. Given that the dev's will have played the game a hell of a lot more than any of us I'd be stunned if they haven't experienced it themselves. Surely that would help to diagnose the issue?

diesel97
04-08-2015, 14:01
I know it's frustrating, but just because a dev doesn't post in a thread about a bug doesn't mean they're not aware of it or have acknowledged it. A lot of studios don't respond to bug threads unless they're looking for very specific information to help them, but will keep track of how many people get it and file it into their systems.

Either way, can we get this topic back on the track of the bug?

This is something that I've only experienced once or twice personally, but others in TGC have had it a couple of times. It seems to be a bit random as to when it could exactly happen, but it's happening consistently after about 12-15 laps+ (dependant on track and it's length) in a stint. What it's down to exactly is unknown. Some people think it's to do with the track mesh catching and grabbing the car, especially around skid marks on the ground. Some think it's to do with tyre wear or possibly the grip levels changing on the track. Could be a combination of the two. In a way, we need to narrow it down so it's more consistently reproducible. As for what cars, tracks, weather conditions etc, it seems to be happening no matter the combination but again, thats not quite 100% confirmed.

Edit: Got ninja'd with Chig's post about getting on topic :P

Yorkie runs on PC and have this problem

Schnizz58
04-08-2015, 14:05
Yes, we can do better.

chig88
04-08-2015, 14:12
Also worth noting that in Pink's video posted above (and in my video posted here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35495-Thou-Shalt-Not-Pass!!!-Bug-Report) the camera switches briefly to a replay camera before putting you back into the car. This doesn't always happen though.

Also, in my video the fuel resets to the amount of fuel I started the race with, but again, this doesn't always happen. The mystery deepens :(

Schnizz58
04-08-2015, 14:50

That may be a big clue. There are two sources of force on the car. The tires are the main source but impacts with barriers, other cars, etc. directly to the body of the car also can apply feedback force. So whatever is causing the loss of FFB is affecting only the tire force part of the signal chain.

Mahjik
04-08-2015, 17:43
This is something that I've only experienced once or twice personally, but others in TGC have had it a couple of times.

Has this been recent (as in since the 2.5 patch)?

jack1984
04-08-2015, 18:18
It's not dictatorship, it's a friendly request to unlist it because the video is only useful for bug fixing properties.

Don't you think it is also helpful for people that are considering buying the game? They should imo know that the game unfortunately has bugs like this.

chig88
04-08-2015, 18:57
Further evidence of the bug I encountered last night captured by Pink (thanks Pink :)). I'm in the yellow RWD LMP 1 in front of Pink at 2:33 into the video. The puff of tyre smoke at 2:33 is the exact point I lost all FFB. It's important to note that even though it looks like I'd locked the brakes, I was not braking at any point into that corner.

The puff of smoke occurred as I got the 'bump' feeling - something to do with the tyre model?

http://youtu.be/NQnPXKJ1_sA

I know that devs have been put off coming here, but an opinion on what this might be would be very much appreciated:)

Pink_650S
04-08-2015, 19:09
Further evidence of the bug I encountered last night captured by Pink (thanks Pink :)). I'm in the yellow RWD LMP 1 in front of Pink at 2:33 into the video. The puff of tyre smoke at 2:33 is the exact point I lost all FFB. It's important to note that even though it looks like I'd locked the brakes, I was not braking at any point into that corner.

The puff of smoke occurred as I got the 'bump' feeling - something to do with the tyre model?

http://youtu.be/NQnPXKJ1_sA

I know that devs have been put off coming here, but an opinion on what this might be would be very much appreciated:)

Edit: At 3:55 there's a little slow motion replay of it.

chig88
04-08-2015, 19:14
Edit: At 3:55 there's a little slow motion replay of it.

Nice! Thanks Pink.

Come on guys, nobody can say we're not doing our part in providing help diagnosing this - a little feedback would be appreciated:)

Schnizz58
04-08-2015, 19:16
Makes sense. I wonder if the game is sending a signal to the wheel that it either can't process or that might damage the wheel and the wheel is shutting down to protect itself. Remind me what you have to do to restore proper operation. Do you have to reset the session, the game, reboot or what?

chig88
04-08-2015, 19:27
Makes sense. I wonder if the game is sending a signal to the wheel that it either can't process or that might damage the wheel and the wheel is shutting down to protect itself. Remind me what you have to do to restore proper operation. Do you have to reset the session, the game, reboot or what?

No reboot of the wheel or game is required for me at least, although I have heard of others needing to unplug & plug back in the USB cable for their wheel.

Every time it's happened to me just restarting the session has been enough to restore FFB.

Most of the videos I've seen of this have involved the car briefly 'sinking' into the track :/

svenvangent
04-08-2015, 19:47
Many different tracks this happen online and off-line .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8vhHLzRe5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRNeXHrUkQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f942F_vgWyk&feature=em-upload_owner

Mahjik
04-08-2015, 20:15
Many different tracks this happen online and off-line .

What platform are you on?

Gravit8
04-08-2015, 21:35

Am I right when I say this game doesn't work in the way I as A customer of software and games expect?
It's probably my fault though, I'm probably playing it wrong or something.?

That's the kind of customer service you see at a bar or restaurant right before they close the doors for good.
"Whiney entitled customers"? who come in here and help SMS with their product they couldn't finish?
Whatever. Good luck with that attitude.

svenvangent
04-08-2015, 22:15
What platform are you on?

PS4 .

cmch15
05-08-2015, 00:23
How about certain session settings or damage/wear settings? I have only played with "real" everything and full length sessions albeit the longest that has been so far is 16laps. Are these things happening with accelerated wear for example?

We've established it appears to happen on all platforms (Edit: or is it only consoles) and across various wheels and controllers. Any common FFB settings that apply to all peripherals?

321Respawn
05-08-2015, 01:03
Same thing happened to me once but this incident was way back in the first days of release .
Second lap and although the video shows no cars in the replay I did have two behind me but they quit before the race end .
As for loss of FFB well I was upside down and stayed that way for the rest of the race as I did not know how to reset the car so I have no idea if that went away .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc93c_QlVvY
Most recently I had one instance on Sonoma where I came out of the pits on qualifying where the car just sat in neutral and would only drive backwards .Solved by returning to pits .
Another instance this week on Oulton where the AI drove my car during qualifying and one guy said his car was applying brakes for him .All was fine in the race though until the more badly flawed humans ruined it .

Gravit8
05-08-2015, 11:28
Same thing happened to me once but this incident was way back in the first days of release .
Second lap and although the video shows no cars in the replay I did have two behind me but they quit before the race end .
As for loss of FFB well I was upside down and stayed that way for the rest of the race as I did not know how to reset the car so I have no idea if that went away .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc93c_QlVvY
Most recently I had one instance on Sonoma where I came out of the pits on qualifying where the car just sat in neutral and would only drive backwards .Solved by returning to pits .
Another instance this week on Oulton where the AI drove my car during qualifying and one guy said his car was applying brakes for him .All was fine in the race though until the more badly flawed humans ruined it .

Looks like debris to me. Great shot clearly shows something small, but with weight of entire car or wall. Serious question SMS. Ever think about taking damage out?

Hengist
05-08-2015, 16:12
Looks like debris to me. Great shot clearly shows something small

I think that you may be onto something with the debris comment, although I don't think that it's debris lying on the track. In the video that I posted, there's something similar sticking up out of the track.

Gravit8
05-08-2015, 18:25
I think that you may be onto something with the debris comment, although I don't think that it's debris lying on the track. In the video that I posted, there's something similar sticking up out of the track.

I know it looks like it grew out of track, but my guess is it was not permanent. Debris Got dropped there and stuck to track.

Im Sorry
05-08-2015, 19:02
I think point two is the most important, I've raised this several times, they have been driven away, not because they don't care, probably exactly the opposite.

So if you can do something to help but dont have to and every time you did you were told you were crap, didn't know what you were doing , were a shyster, constantly, how would you react.

My reaction would be, " go F*** yourelves then, I'll just go back to getting paid and doing my job"

I do think the move back to far less communication from sms is a massive shame, but completely understandable and no more or less than the community deaerves.

A bigger shame because there are quite a few bugs that will probably get missed or ignored now. I've done 3 detailed bug reports recently, none acknowledged. However, whi can blame sms, if they did acknowledge there would probably be 10 pages of hate and rants ti follow.

The forum is, imo, losing purpose now, nothing but rants and off topic without the input from sms. The xbox version may or may not be good, i am not in a position to judge, but feels like 80% of the noise on the forum is the same xbox issues rehashed and nothing else gets a look in or response.

You crack me up!

mjemec11
05-08-2015, 21:10
Happened to me today in career mode qualifying at Spa. Lost all FFB as well. Return to pits did the trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzoJsA5cmN4

chig88
05-08-2015, 21:21
Okay so I had another one tonight, occurring in a practice session with the Formula Gulf at Dubai International. The video is below.

A few points from the video:

- the car 'sinks' into the track. This is the 1st time I've seen the track crack so severely after one of these although it might be a common occurrence for others
- as usual, I lost all FFB & the fuel reset itself to the fuel I left the garage with
- weirdly, although I had the damage set to realistic there didn't seem to be any damage to the car at all after the landmine
- I returned to the garage through the pause menu (didn't restart the session or unplug the wheel), then went back out on to the track with the exact same setup. The FFB had returned & I had no problems driving over the same spot for the rest of the session (about 10-12 laps)

Question: does anyone think that car setup plays a role in the frequency of this bug? I usually run cars with a very low ride height on smooth tracks, and at quite a steep rake angle (nose of the car lower than the back). Although it shouldn't really make a difference, would having the car closer to the track increase the likelihood of the front 'catching' on the surface?

http://youtu.be/ZyiOvL5WEkk

Sproket
05-08-2015, 21:25
Looks like it's happening more and more mainly to T300 users. SMS don't really give a toss because they don't have the answers. Every single time a valid (if sometimes a little ranty) point is made. They're just shouted down by PR gumf. I've asked has the software out coded the hardware but was left high and dry unanswered. This forum was for the devs to be answerable to the gamers and I bet they're regretting that now. Imo the majority of these bugs will never be rectified but SMS will never admit it as this gravy train needs to be fueled by bullsh1t.
Assetto Corsa is coming out next year. Only then will we know if all this baffle has managed to do the job.
In the meantime you can stick Pcars 2 up where the sun shines.
I can feel an infraction coming??
BOVVERED :barbershop_quartet_

maurice-pascale
05-08-2015, 22:12
I am just scared when Pcars 2 comes out next year......what will happen with all the bugs? Will they get fixed quickly or even in a few month?...will we ever get any DLC after Pcars 2 is out?.......i am scared for the future.....i done right now a few race's and nkticed that the AI are much more terrible then ever....i play on 60 and they are respectless and unpatient and always try to come infront of me....and still the big AI crash bug at Azure cirquit......for me it looks impossible to fix all bugs for Pcars 1....and qhen the second comes out, it will be much fewer hope for that......

:(

Gravit8
05-08-2015, 22:31
Looks like it's happening more and more mainly to T300 users. SMS don't really give a toss because they don't have the answers. Every single time a valid (if sometimes a little ranty) point is made. They're just shouted down by PR gumf. I've asked has the software out coded the hardware but was left high and dry unanswered. This forum was for the devs to be answerable to the gamers and I bet they're regretting that now. Imo the majority of these bugs will never be rectified but SMS will never admit it as this gravy train needs to be fueled by bullsh1t.
Assetto Corsa is coming out next year. Only then will we know if all this baffle has managed to do the job.
In the meantime you can stick Pcars 2 up where the sun shines.
I can feel an infraction coming??
BOVVERED :barbershop_quartet_
^^^
Cold hearted assassin. I'm not going to get as gnar, but will agree that T300 users are getting screwed by this title. This is the ONLY game for the $400 wheel and it's so fundamentally broken that I feared for safety of my wheel and quit a week or two after release and some scary incidents with my wheel.
That and the fact nobody here could say for certain this game doesn't break wheels via bad/glitched inputs.

Sproket
05-08-2015, 22:47
I've heard my friends wheel violently calibrate to one side and thinking there's probably no way back from that.
SMS won't say Thrustmaster wheels are are incapable.
Will Thrustmaster say SMS coding has bust our wheels.
We need Angela Landsbury.

hoodi4cars
05-08-2015, 22:49
That and the fact nobody here could say for certain this game doesn't break wheels via bad/glitched inputs.
I'm pretty sure it's not possible to break a wheel by "bad" inputs. I mean, that would be a big f*k up by the wheel manufacturer, making a driver that fires off signals to the hardware that it can't handle. It's like making a microwave with 4000W that melts itself on that power. I can imagine however that a game might be a bit "hard" on the wheel in terms of unusually frequent, strong FFB sequences, reducing its "average expected" life expectancy. But still this should be a matter of years, at least for a wheel in the price range of the T300. If pCARS manages to break that wheel, I'd not blame SMS but Thrustmaster for taking 400$ for a low-quality product.

Gravit8
05-08-2015, 22:56
I'm pretty sure it's not possible to break a wheel by "bad" inputs. I mean, that would be a big f*k up by the wheel manufacturer, making a driver that fires off signals to the hardware that it can't handle. It's like making a microwave with 4000W that melts itself on that power. I can imagine however that a game might be a bit "hard" on the wheel in terms of unusually frequent, strong FFB sequences, reducing its "average expected" life expectancy. But still this should be a matter of years, at least for a wheel in the price range of the T300. If pCARS manages to break that wheel, I'd not blame SMS but Thrustmaster for taking 400$ for a low-quality product.

But then someone who uses it on PS3 and gran turismo, or PC will tell me it's not the wheel, it works fine on other platforms. All the dead wheel posts live here on this forum.

Sproket
05-08-2015, 23:05
Yes Pcars puts wheels under too much stress therefore is incompatible!
So should certain games come with "Must be used with controller or Direct Drive wheel" disclaimer?
T300 could and should of been tested to destruction to comply with QC. Or do you just plug and play, then give it a big green tick?

hoodi4cars
05-08-2015, 23:08
Yes Pcars puts wheels under too much stress therefore is incompatible!
When the manufacturer's drivers allow that much stress put out, then the wheel should better be able to handle it. Or do those drivers come to the devs with some kind of "importance" notes about implementations?? Something like "ATTENTION: when you fire off signal X with strenth Y too frequently, you will break the wheel". Can't imagaine that. The driver must be responsible for controlling the signals sent to the wheel, and make sure the wheel can handle everything it directs to it. If this is not the case, then the manufacturer of the driver f*d up. At least that is my view on it as a software developer

Sproket
05-08-2015, 23:15
When the manufacturer's drivers allow that much stress put out, then the wheel should better be able to handle it. Or do those drivers come to the devs with some kind of "importance" notes about implementations?? Something like "ATTENTION: when you fire off signal X with strenth Y too frequently, you will break the wheel". Can't imagaine that. The driver must be responsible for controlling the signals sent to the wheel, and make sure the wheel can handle everything it directs to it. If this is not the case, then the manufacturer of the driver did something wrong. At least that is my view on it as a software developer
I appreciate your input but the facts are showing T300 users hit a land mine rendering wheel useless until reboot. T500 users internal fan goes into overdrive to compensate. It seems 100/80 users are fine and dandy because they have less strength behind the wheel.

Sproket
05-08-2015, 23:19
If we had another comparable game then we could could answer the questions for them?
Until then I will just try not to swallow too much without chewing it first.

Schnizz58
05-08-2015, 23:23
When the manufacturer's drivers allow that much stress put out, then the wheel should better be able to handle it. Or do those drivers come to the devs with some kind of "importance" notes about implementations?? Something like "ATTENTION: when you fire off signal X with strenth Y too frequently, you will break the wheel". Can't imagaine that. The driver must be responsible for controlling the signals sent to the wheel, and make sure the wheel can handle everything it directs to it. If this is not the case, then the manufacturer of the driver f*d up. At least that is my view on it as a software developer
Even if the driver does something wrong, the wheel should always protect itself. Failure is not the correct response to ANY input.

hoodi4cars
05-08-2015, 23:28
I appreciate your input but the facts are showing T300 users hit a land mine rendering wheel useless until reboot. T500 users internal fan goes into overdrive to compensate.
Yeah, I'm not saying that there is not a problem with the FFB implementation in pCARS. I was only commenting about the wheel taking damage from it. The fans go into overdrive to compensate, exactly. That's what they are there for. And I would also expect that before anything melts down, the wheel will shut down. Maybe this is the T300 rendered useless until reboot?!
But hey, by all means, don't take my word for it, I don't want to be made responsible for broken hardware. Just said I personally would be very surpised (read: disapponted by the wheel manufacturer) if the wheel can really be damaged by the game.

Sproket
05-08-2015, 23:35
Sorry if it sounds like I'm taking it out on you! That's not my intention.
So my conclusion is buy a G29 because I had a G25 for 3 years then a G27 for another 2 years before ebaying (because PS4 not compatible) it and never questioned its capabilities.
Logitech look here's my tail firmly between my legs.

hoodi4cars
05-08-2015, 23:39
Sorry if it sounds like I'm taking it out on you! That's not my intention.
Didn't think you did :) Just wanted to make clear what I am talking about.

Sproket
05-08-2015, 23:44
So no matter what patch 3.0 promises. Until drivers are reconfigured then we are all just pissing in the wind?

Gravit8
05-08-2015, 23:48
Yeah, I'm not saying that there is not a problem with the FFB implementation in pCARS. I was only commenting about the wheel taking damage from it. The fans go into overdrive to compensate, exactly. That's what they are there for. And I would also expect that before anything melts down, the wheel will shut down. Maybe this is the T300 rendered useless until reboot?!
But hey, by all means, don't take my word for it, I don't want to be made responsible for broken hardware. Just said I personally would be very surpised (read: disapponted by the wheel manufacturer) if the wheel can really be damaged by the game.

Who cares where the blame lies for me. SMS and thrustmaster both can shoulder the weight 50/50 for all I care.
What I expect is for the two of you to know how to work together to achieve a satisfactory experience for the device on your software and the hardware it was designed for.
That said, is hard for me to attribute 50% to TM when my wheel works fine on GT6, heard it works on driveclub too, but I'm not bothering with that game, free or not.

Agreed with those that post the Logitech is the more robust device that likely can be trusted, but I got early adopter screwed for new hardware sales. The crap300 was my only choice at the moment of launch. PCars you cost me some more money than just the $60 haha

Gravit8
05-08-2015, 23:52
So no matter what patch 3.0 promises. Until drivers are reconfigured then we are all just pissing in the wind?

Maybe not if you have a Logitech?
Nobody's going to Speak to the driver issue though for t300. Count on that.
transparency?:hopelessness:

Might be why we're looking at an 0-2 count and SMS are hoping to foul off a pitch and stay in the box?

KlubbinJay
06-08-2015, 00:12
This is a bug that happends a lot at different tracks with different cars, and this issue happends only with wheel users. This really need to be fixed soon because this issue isnt really good for each wheel, the wheel gets a huge shock when this happends.

KlubbinJay
06-08-2015, 00:20
Has this been recent (as in since the 2.5 patch)?

This also happend before update v2.5...but v2.5 didnt fixed it at all.

Pink_650S
06-08-2015, 01:35
This is a bug that happends a lot at different tracks with different cars, and this issue happends only with wheel users. This really need to be fixed soon because this issue isnt really good for each wheel, the wheel gets a huge shock when this happends.

I'll say it a another time for you: It also happens to Pad-Users.

ChrisK
06-08-2015, 01:49
I'll say it a another time for you: It also happens to Pad-Users.

you're wasting your breath, people only hear what they want.
everytime an issue gets raised that SMS don't have an answer for there's some spin about how its something else's fault or there's total silence. or some sycophant will come into the thread, get on his pulpit to bombard us with excuses and other such sob story nonsense.

as usual with most things the truth lies in the middle. the sycophants and the trolls are both ridiculous and should be met with scorn and derision.

Schnizz58
06-08-2015, 02:12
Who cares where the blame lies for me. SMS and thrustmaster both can shoulder the weight 50/50 for all I care.

Why would Thrustmaster be willing to shoulder any of the weight if it's not their problem?

Mahjik
06-08-2015, 02:19
This also happend before update v2.5...but v2.5 didnt fixed it at all.

I'm asking that specific user since he claims to have seen this problem on the PC version. I think everyone understands it's an issue on the PS4 which is not at the 2.5/3.0 patch level yet.

diesel97
06-08-2015, 02:23
Why would Thrustmaster be willing to shoulder any of the weight if it's not their problem?

delete

Gravit8
06-08-2015, 05:04
Delete. Haha. I think you missed the point I was making.
Are you trying to say you can definitively say where the problem lies? Got a fix for SMS? That might matter. I'm saying between the noise between the two manufacturers. Nobody seems to have any ideas, let alone solutions, for the many TM/wheel ffb problems in PCars. I wish someone did.

bodyshop
06-08-2015, 06:11
I think i'll stick with my trusty TX spider for a while longer........

Schnizz58
06-08-2015, 14:42
Delete. Haha. I think you missed the point I was making.
Are you trying to say you can definitively say where the problem lies? Got a fix for SMS? That might matter. I'm saying between the noise between the two manufacturers. Nobody seems to have any ideas, let alone solutions, for the many TM/wheel ffb problems in PCars. I wish someone did.
I can definitively say where it doesn't lie.

donpost
07-08-2015, 11:30
I posted this a few weeks ago on the Xbox version of this thread. I was using the TX wheel. Hope the devs can nail this issue down as clearly it's a bit of a game-breaker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcF5xuhe-Q

EDIT: and another one just now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-8IMV9CH4A&feature=youtu.be