PDA

View Full Version : How do you track your pCARS experience?

jimmyb_84
03-08-2015, 20:44
Hi all,

Since playing this brilliant game I decided i needed to keep track of everything lap times, setup changes and all the rest of it, so I created this....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gaejk82n3ll2tp/PCARS%20LapTimes%20COPY.ods?dl=0

It's not finished by a long stretch but doing it slowly. I have saved so much time too, since I don't repeat setup changes, I know what I started with and what works and what doesn't. Feel free to take a look, I have also included the dropbox link so you can save your own copy too, although you will need Open Office (it's FREE to download).

So how do you guys/girls keep track of your pCARS experience?

chase66down
03-08-2015, 21:39
Downwards

hoodi4cars
03-08-2015, 21:56
I have nothing for setups, but at least for an overview of my TT records I have made a little tool here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34023-DOWNLOAD-Time-Trial-Leaderboards-Tracking-Tool). It notifies me when someone beat my WR so I can get right back to that bastard!* :D

*in theory. in practice most times I think "shit, too hard to beat" and move on to a new combination..

jimmyb_84
03-08-2015, 22:45
Downwards

Not quite sure what you mean?

jason
03-08-2015, 22:49
That's awesome Jimmy , Well done bud.

jimmyb_84
03-08-2015, 22:57
That's awesome Jimmy , Well done bud.

Cheers, it's a constant work in progress, i'm always changing or adding something

chase66down
04-08-2015, 11:58
Not quite sure what you mean?

sorry jimmy got the wrong end of the stick with thread title

The Sonic Mole
04-08-2015, 14:26
This is really good. It's a shame console users can't use it. I'm just using a Google doc to chart track times and set-ups. It's not that bad going the DIY route. It kind of reminds me of what I used to do with stuff like Microprose GP.

jimmyb_84
04-08-2015, 16:15
This is really good. It's a shame console users can't use it. I'm just using a Google doc to chart track times and set-ups. It's not that bad going the DIY route. It kind of reminds me of what I used to do with stuff like Microprose GP.

I am a console user, I have this spreadsheet open on my laptop, I also have evernote open (the "notes" hyperlinks go to that particular car/track combo's setup note). I just enter times/notes as I go the download link includes my data (for example purposes) so you will see my setup changes and notes.

The only problem with google is that it hates to formulas for lap times thats why I use open office

Pink_650S
04-08-2015, 16:19
Good stuff!

Kind of a shame, though, that the game itself doesnt have anything that comes close to this.

jimmyb_84
04-08-2015, 16:29
Good stuff!

Kind of a shame, though, that the game itself doesnt have anything that comes close to this.

I did mention a while back about making notes in game and the ability to view all your fastest laps in each class/car/combo but got no real answer so I started work on the above, as I mentioned if not even close to finished missing cars and tracks but the strategy calculator is quite handy until it rains and messes everything up. I also need to add space for night and wet lap times

jimmyb_84
06-08-2015, 16:58
Sort of announcement...

As I have a MacBook and the app creating software I'm going to make an attempt to turn the spreadsheet and strategy calculator into an app on OSX. It may take me a while and a lot of YouTube tutorials but I'll give it a go.

If anyone has any advice that would be handy