PDA

View Full Version : Project cars "The Matrix" glitch, cought in the wild on camera

snipeme77
04-08-2015, 19:24
So I saw someone say something about this in the general discussion part of the forum. So I figured I would display my proof. For those that don't know when running at certain tracks with certain cars with a max grid, you can slow down time... Here's a video uncut straight from my Xbox one. (BTW I have the digital edition which may be the only version being effected)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knfRIe8NC3U
This is easily a game breaking glitch and must be sorted. I can make more video's if needed.
Please excuse my horrible driving as I normally don't/can't drive LMP1 cars...

nissan4ever
04-08-2015, 19:53
That's just the game fluctuating real bad. There are 44 AI cars that it has to do physic calculations for while being dynamic. Not to mention it's doing your car's way more complex physics calculations.

They need to lower total grid count on this game period, on consoles. AI cap should be between 15 & 23 cars (depending on track [especially if it's a heavy art track]). I'd rather have a smooth running dynamic game that stays very dang at or near 60fps regardless of what's happening in the screen.

I don't care about a grid that goes up from 25 & as high as 45. No point to have high grid count, if the games will fluctuate so bad on consoles because of it. I know they wanted console version to match PC version. However, consoles just can't handle the high grid counts, while being fully dynamic. You got to remember, this new generation of consoles is like having a mid grade PC. That means mid grade performance.

snipeme77
04-08-2015, 20:35
That's just the game fps fluctuating real bad. There are 44 AI cars that it has to do physic calculations for while being dynamic. Not to mention it's doing your car's way more complex physics calculations.

They need to lower total grid count on this game period, on consoles. AI cap should be between 15/23 cars (depending on track [especially if it's a heavy art track]). I'd rather have a smooth running dynamic game. I don't care about a grid that goes from 25 & as high as 45. No point if the games fps will fluctuate so bad on consoles because of it.

Personally I like large grid racing as it's something that separates Project cars from every other racing game. Thus far this is the only track car combo I've seen this with...

nissan4ever
04-08-2015, 20:48
Personally I like large grid racing as it's something that separates Project cars from every other racing game. Thus far this is the only track car combo I've seen this with...

This game will never run smooth & fast with large grids. Especially certain art heavy tracks that have grids 30 or higher.

Run a full grid at Spa in LMP1, your lap times will be about 15/16 seconds or so slower. Vs if you were running alone or with a grid of no more than 23 AI. There's no point in the max high grid counts, if the game starts running real slow. That effects how you brake before & power out of a turn.

Full grid = no fun if game fluctuates real bad, causing your lap times & timing to be off

There are several tracks that effects. Example, full grid at Monza GP or Short will give you slow on screen action. Negatively effecting your normal lap times, with bad fluctuation.

From what I've gathered in trial and error. The game runs really smooth & fast with the AI grid between 15 & 23. Regardless of weather or time of day. Just depends on the track to determine If 15 or up to 23 is ideal.

Brent G
05-08-2015, 08:16
I was racing at Oulton Park last night and could see it happening in my rear view mirror, it was like I was racing that kid from Wreck-it-Ralph......the Glitch!

nissan4ever
05-08-2015, 12:09
This is easily a game breaking glitch and must be sorted

It never will be. You just won't see Project CARS run fast & smooth on the consoles with a full grid. I'm seriously considering a high end, beefed up gaming PC for Project Cars 2. I would love to have everything set to ultra & run above 60fps regardless of grid or weather.

Schnizz58
05-08-2015, 15:46
It never will be. You just won't see Project CARS run fast & smooth on the consoles with a full grid. I'm seriously considering a high end, beefed up gaming PC for Project Cars 2. I would love to have everything set to ultra & run above 60fps regardless of grid or weather.
I'm giving some thought to that for PC1 even. When I bought my XB1 I was trying to decide between the PS4 and XB1 (like a lot of people were I guess). I knew I wanted to play racing games so I got the XB1 because of Forza even though I knew the performance wasn't as good. Well FM5 turned out to be a big pile of suck so that plan didn't work out. My TX wheel is PC compatible but not with PS4 so if I want to upgrade, my best option (and most expensive) is to build a gaming PC. But you get a much richer UX with better performance, ability to map more keys to functions in game, offline analysis tools, etc.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 15:50
I'm giving some thought to that for PC1 even. When I bought my XB1 I was trying to decide between the PS4 and XB1 (like a lot of people were I guess). I knew I wanted to play racing games so I got the XB1 because of Forza even though I knew the performance wasn't as good. Well FM5 turned out to be a big pile of suck so that plan didn't work out. My TX wheel is PC compatible but not with PS4 so if I want to upgrade, my best option (and most expensive) is to build a gaming PC. But you get a much richer UX with better performance, ability to map more keys to functions in game, offline analysis tools, etc.

I have it on PC and its a way better experience all around, I just almost never play it cuz my league and friends are mostly all on Xbox, so there I remain until it doesnt pay anymore then ill migrate to PC full time most likely.

Schnizz58
05-08-2015, 15:52
I have it on PC and its a way better experience all around, I just almost never play it cuz my league and friends are mostly all on Xbox, so there I remain until it doesnt pay anymore then ill migrate to PC full time most likely.
That's the other reason I went with Xbox. More people I know have Xboxes than PS4s.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 15:55
That's the other reason I went with Xbox. More people I know have Xboxes than PS4s.

That WAS the case with me, but I got betrayed, after I got mine most of my friends jumped ship to PS4, the bastards. I wouldnt have jumped over anyway lol

Schnizz58
05-08-2015, 16:24
That WAS the case with me, but I got betrayed, after I got mine most of my friends jumped ship to PS4, the bastards. I wouldnt have jumped over anyway lol
LOL...turns out most of mine didn't want to play racing games.

nissan4ever
05-08-2015, 18:03
I've always have went with Xbox, since they started making them in 2001. I will continue to buy Xbox consoles. I just think it's time for me to transition to PC gaming. I'll hopefully have me a very strong gaming PC by years end. Might only be just for Project CARS franchise. Do the rest of my gaming on my Xbox.

xSullx
06-08-2015, 12:56
Before discovering this thread, I was searching for the answer - why am I lapping the new Audi R18 e-Tron Quattro at le Sarthe in around 4mins.
The answer ofcourse was, that was doing races and practice sessions with quick race weekend, with max Ai opponents - 44cars + me
Now I found this thread, set the number of AI's to 15 and lap times have "magically" dropped to 3min 27secs or thereabouts.

I can understand, that the framerate is not as smooth as 60FPS with full AI's and a sunset over at Arnage. But adding 30+ seconds to the laptime because the FPS is slow, but the timing is faster compared to the "slowed" racing... that's very surprising to me. Didn't know something like that could exist. I'll never race with max AI grids anymore I'm afraid.

Mind you... still a great racing game :)