PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a Le Mans 24 hour race possible?

Nats
04-08-2015, 22:31
I was just wondering if it was possible to set up a 24hr race like a Le Mans type thing in the game at all - all I can see are settings in the race weekend setup for choosing a number of laps not a time duration. So many endurance races seem to feature this time duration surely there must be some way to do it?

Of course its not much point without being to save in a race session but thats another issue entirely. I would love to be able to do one of these kinds of races over a whole weekend or whatever saving in the middle when I change driver or whatever - but the game just doesnt seem set up to enable them??!! :(

Slowsley
05-08-2015, 05:19
Unfortunately, there is not a way. You will have to do an endurance GT season and complete 4 or 5 races before le Mans. Then you can do the full 24 hours all the way down to 2 hours.

Nats
05-08-2015, 11:36
Unfortunately, there is not a way. You will have to do an endurance GT season and complete 4 or 5 races before le Mans. Then you can do the full 24 hours all the way down to 2 hours.

Cant believe that lol! This is why we need custom Championship setup or at least better race setup and yes - mid race saving! I noticed that even F1 2015 has this mid race save facility.

On the face of it this game is great but its these little niggles that start spoiling the overall experience once you get past the lovely handling and graphics. Not being able to do proper long term endurance events, scripted career weather, no AI breakdowns - what of these things will be getting some future development work on them I wonder? These things are pushing me towards RFactor2 now tbh. Beginning to think I made a mistake getting this game instead.

robdok
05-08-2015, 13:22
In F1 2015 you can save your game at any time session or race. I am waiting for a response from the SMS, because I'm not the only one who is waiting for the ability to save the game.

NemethR
05-08-2015, 13:30
In F1 2015 you can save your game at any time session or race. I am waiting for a response from the SMS, because I'm not the only one who is waiting for the ability to save the game.

Saving a game will end up with you saving every corner...
You can't save in real life either!

Maybe saving during a pit stop would be nice tough.

Cozza
05-08-2015, 16:59

But we're not real life drivers. We're playing a game :)
If someone wants to save every corner and they have the opportunity, go ahead, its how they wanna play. Mid race saves is only for single player for very obvious reason. So it wont have any effect on any other players enjoyment.

Nats
05-08-2015, 20:30

Yes I have to say that comments like this really dont help. I dont think there is anyone who is mildly interested in racing that wouldn't want to see mid race saving introduced to enable long endurance races to be played.

If it needed to be restricted to the pits 'for realism' I would be fine with that though as that is probably where I would save the game anyway to avoid disorientation on re-entering the race. But it would be a great feature to have.

Not many people are prepared to play a game for 24 hours solid. And in fact that is actually dangerous ... if you wanted true realism you should have to let the AI take over driving the car every 2 hours lol.

Machinist90
05-08-2015, 20:33

the drivers in real life don't have a day job they have to attend during a race,just sayin'

Mahjik
05-08-2015, 21:22

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31020-2-questions&p=987019#post987019

Slowsley
06-08-2015, 02:29
Cant believe that lol! This is why we need custom Championship setup or at least better race setup and yes - mid race saving! I noticed that even F1 2015 has this mid race save facility.

On the face of it this game is great but its these little niggles that start spoiling the overall experience once you get past the lovely handling and graphics. Not being able to do proper long term endurance events, scripted career weather, no AI breakdowns - what of these things will be getting some future development work on them I wonder? These things are pushing me towards RFactor2 now tbh. Beginning to think I made a mistake getting this game instead.

RF2 does endurance really well. You can set your replays to be saved and then you can resume later from anywhere in that replay. Personally, I'm a purist and do endurance races in one go, albeit with doing proper stints and then switching with the AI. I'll do 11 or 12 hours driving in a 24 hour race. As much as I love rF2's model, their graphics might be at home on an Xbox 360. Aside from rF2's endurance options, pCARS is my sim of choice hands down. Anyway, that's a bit of what you can get with rF2 if you need something to plug in to fill a few endurance gaps from time to time. Otherwise, I keep thinking that pCARS will fill those few gaps for us crazy endurance fans soon themselves. If they do, I'll say that pCARS absolutely lived up to everything that I had always hoped for, and my hopes were sky high. They have acknowledged these topics before, so I keep my faith.

Nats
06-08-2015, 13:23
RF2 does endurance really well. You can set your replays to be saved and then you can resume later from anywhere in that replay. Personally, I'm a purist and do endurance races in one go, albeit with doing proper stints and then switching with the AI. I'll do 11 or 12 hours driving in a 24 hour race. As much as I love rF2's model, their graphics might be at home on an Xbox 360. Aside from rF2's endurance options, pCARS is my sim of choice hands down. Anyway, that's a bit of what you can get with rF2 if you need something to plug in to fill a few endurance gaps from time to time. Otherwise, I keep thinking that pCARS will fill those few gaps for us crazy endurance fans soon themselves. If they do, I'll say that pCARS absolutely lived up to everything that I had always hoped for, and my hopes were sky high. They have acknowledged these topics before, so I keep my faith.

Yes we live in hope. I will bear RF2 in mind but I must admit I prefer pCars overall. I love the idea of being able to do a proper endurance race over a whole weekend in pCars. Wife would probably not be that happy mind as my computer is in the bedroom lol!

I am sure the devs realise the reason we ask for so much is because we feel this game is best choice for getting these things right, the designers are probably as enthusiastic about these things as we are.