PDA

View Full Version : SMS patch 2.0 wheel/controller duel input isn't good enough

TAGS Battfink
05-08-2015, 13:59
Having a nightmare at the moment, my dsd adapter finally arrived so im using a different wheel on my tx.

Problem is, i cant actually use the controller during a race, cant even pause with it. So all i have to assign a button to is the one on the base itself.

Once the game is paused the controller works fully, but what about if i stall mid race? I cant reset the car. I cant change view, adjust seating position (there really needs to be some in menu option for this).

I understand im in the small, very small minority here but using a controller and wheel at the same time works perfectly on forza 5 and horizon 2 so its possible.

Using this real sized wheel has made a massive difference, i bloody love it, but at the mo my enjoyment is really limited and i cant understand why.

Are there any plans to further implement duel controller/wheel input mid race? Or even keyboard support when MS adds it? Thanks

BiggNasty187
05-08-2015, 19:33
This seems entirely possible. I wonder why they decided to neglect adding this feature in they way they knew we meant?

This missing feature shocked many on release, as this has been proven to be a viable option by Turn10.

I bet you 10 cookies that they will jump on this thread and explain why it cannot be done, and that they already filled the request of having the ability to use an additional controller (minus the full functionality that was obviously expected).

I like Oatmeal Raisin by the way.

I hope this helps.

Psychomatrix
05-08-2015, 19:40
Ps4 has keyboard support. I mean that I read that this will be added to xbox too.

TAGS Battfink
05-08-2015, 20:02
Ps4 has keyboard support. I mean that I read that this will be added to xbox too.

Hope your right man, something needs to be added/changed.

Umer Ahmad
05-08-2015, 21:58

Depends how quickly MSFT makes this available for their windows10 stuff on xb1

TAGS Battfink
06-08-2015, 00:39
Depends how quickly MSFT makes this available for their windows10 stuff on xb1

It seems like theyre pushing for things to happen quickly to catch up with sony, they somd more consoles on the month of E3 than sony so maybe we'll get the keyboard support sooner rather than later.

In the mean time i cant fathom why the controller input during a race wasnt also fixed in patch 2.0

TAGS Battfink
06-08-2015, 13:41
Hoping i get a response on this issue, i simply cant go back to the base wheel after this awesomness

MrLiister
06-08-2015, 16:08
Hoping i get a response on this issue, i simply cant go back to the base wheel after this awesomness

Damn that looks fantastic, how much did the adapter and wheel cost if you don't mind me asking?! Also I just have to find a way of getting my wheel up close to the TV like this, seriously considering taking the TV off the wall lol

TAGS Battfink
06-08-2015, 16:19
I got the playseat tv stand pro to get the tv in that position, it works wonders.

Are you in the U.K? if so the dsd adapter is 26ish, and the wheel is a generic suede wheel from ebay, about 35.

Worth every penny, just remember untill keyboard support or sms fixes the controller input you literally have ONE button to map on race. I chose to use it as a camera change button

MrLiister
06-08-2015, 16:27
Worth every penny, just remember untill keyboard support or sms fixes the controller input you literally have ONE button to map on race. I chose to use it as a camera change button

Thanks, yes from the UK. Not forgetting a gear lever too lol. Where did you get the dsd adapter from, eBay?

TAGS Battfink
06-08-2015, 16:50
No from the man himself (Derek speare design), expect a few weeks wait but he ships free worldwide (it comes from florida)

TAGS Battfink
07-08-2015, 00:56
Damn that looks fantastic, how much did the adapter and wheel cost if you don't mind me asking?! Also I just have to find a way of getting my wheel up close to the TV like this, seriously considering taking the TV off the wall lol

May i suggest a pair of gloves if you go with a suede wheel, both ive had have left my hands black after playing.

The suede comes off with your sweat. I picked up these cheap in amazon, mountain biking gloves, were about 6 quid.

Look at the suede on them after a 2 hour race lol