PDA

View Full Version : So, Toyota....

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 14:42
Before anyone bites my head off I've just seen something on GT Planet.....

It would appear that the 2014 FIA WEC Winning Toyota TS040 is coming to PCARS, but whether I believe it or not I don't know....I hope it is, and according to some one GT Planet it's out with the AMR GTE in a pack? Well, like I say believe it when I see it, but if it's true, SMS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH <3

From a happy Toyota fan

Elaine xx

miagi
05-08-2015, 14:57
First, here is the 1. source of information, GT Planet can't know more then we do.
Second, what is an ARM GTE?

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 14:59
AMR I said, Aston Martin GTE Vantage. They have pics of the TS040, like I say don't bite my head off 0.o am just reading what's said on thete

goon
05-08-2015, 15:10
I've Googled but failed. Do you have a link Elaine?

alrickitson
05-08-2015, 15:14
Just had a look on gt planet and the screenshots of the TS040 and GT86 do look very very real. Looks legit to me. Fingers crossed it's soon as I have a GT86 in real life and love it!

miagi
05-08-2015, 15:14
Ah that one, yes the Aston Martin GTE will come, I guess. However, nothing official about Toyota yet, so you can judge the quality of that information yourself.

Don't forget Abraham Lincolns words esp. the first part.

http://cdn.metinsaylan.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Dont-Believe-Everything-You-Read-on-Internet.jpg

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 15:16
I've Googled but failed. Do you have a link Elaine?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/ts040-jpg.412986/

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 15:17

This & the GT86 is all I saw

goon
05-08-2015, 15:20
Thanks!

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 15:21
Like I say, I'll believe it when I see it! But being a Toyota fan this is amazing to see

miagi
05-08-2015, 15:26
Silly guys, you are really silly. It is enough that someone posts a photoshop picture somewhere in a forum on the internet for you to come over here to ask a silly question? Omg don't wast SMS time with such stuff please.

Look at the pictures he has posted, a LMP1 Toyota and a GT86, but that guy didn't even bother to chance the car description text at the top right, it still says P30. Poor guys, that is poor.

PS: What that guy did and what happens here now is call "disinformation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation)".

hkraft300
05-08-2015, 15:27
The Marek 339H (?) LMP1 is, to me, equivalent to the TS040, both being V8 petrol hybrids. I also pretend the RWD P30 is the Porsche 919 lol
Both look better than their real life counterparts too :p

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 15:28
Silly guys, you are really silly. It is enough that someone posts a photoshop picture somewhere in a forum on the internet for you to come over here to ask a silly question? Omg don't wast SMS time with such stuff please.

Look at the pictures he has posted, a LMP1 Toyota and a GT86, but that guy didn't even bother to chance the car description text at the top right, it still says P30. Poor guys, that is poor.

No need to call me Silly....I take offence at that....

goon
05-08-2015, 15:30
Hehehe I didn't notice that. Got a bit over-excited! :eagerness:

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 15:30
Think you'll find he was flicking through the cars which also happens on my Xbox one just because am looking at the R18 but am still in the P30....

Raven403
05-08-2015, 15:31

PS: What that guy did and what you did is call "disinformation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation)".

R. E. L. A. X. It's not hurting anyone, and it's easy to dispell if it's untrue, don't think it's wasting anyone's precious time but yours.

miagi
05-08-2015, 15:32
It is hurting, disinformation is quite a big problem on the internet. It is easy to make and hard to fight. If there is something to know, or some news, you'll get it HERE first!

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 15:33
It is hurting, disinformation is quite a big problem on the internet. It is easy to make and hard to fight. If there is something to know, or some news, you'll get it HERE first!

You need to chill out....

Raven403
05-08-2015, 15:34
It is hurting, disinformation is quite a big problem on the internet. It is easy to make and hard to fight.

You did fight it, you could've just said "It's not true guys, there was no mention of this in wmd," Instead you made Elaine feel bad. Just handle it better dude

crowtrobot
05-08-2015, 15:34
Toyota was included in the leaked Project CARS Season Pass description (which has been right so far), which lines up well with the infographic of the OnDemand content. Assetto Corsa managed to get the license for the GT86 & TS040, so I'd be very surprised if those cars didn't turn up in this game as well.

hkraft300
05-08-2015, 15:35

You can have one car selected (eg P30) but it won't change if you are browsing through the car list. So whoever took that photo could have had selected the P30 to drive, then browsed through the car list and taken that screenshot.
So your justification of it being silly doesn't count.
It is also possible it is photoshopped, but a good job of it if it isn't legit.

Edit: going by crowtrobot's info, being also a WMD member, Backs up Elaine's query.
So who's silly now, Mr Miagi?

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 15:36
All I said was I'll believe it when I see it, instead I get called silly....I'll take that apology please Miagi

N0body Of The Goat
05-08-2015, 15:39

Must be fake, no sign of the GT One, or Ralf Schumacher behind a string of non-Toyota cars. ;)

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 15:41
I really do hope it's true, but I get the feeling it's not....sadly :( but I don't like being called Silly when all I did was ask, hence why I come here to MAKE sure it's true :-/

Raven403
05-08-2015, 15:41
Secondly, getting all High and Mighty about "MIS-information" is LAUGHABLE on this forum dude. You think every single thread in here has Accurate info in the OP? Far from it. ANd unless it comes straight from a Dev theres no way to know ANYWAY, so chill out acting like Pcars forum is some sort of Noble exception to the rules of the internet

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 15:44
Here another link from that forum, again don't call me silly https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/t-jpg.411669/

Raven403
05-08-2015, 15:45
I really do hope it's true, but I get the feeling it's not....sadly :( but I don't like being called Silly when all I did was ask, hence why I come here to MAKE sure it's true :-/

Dont sweat it, it COULD be at some point, the Car Suggestion thread is 200 pages long after all who knows....

Only Devs ACTUALLY know whats happening with new licenses and DLC cars, so no harm in hoping/wishing

Im still waiting for the C7R and Indycar and a bunch of stuff that ive heard Rumors (and nothing more) of, we can only hope

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 15:46
Dont sweat it, it COULD be at some point, the Car Suggestion thread is 200 pages long after all who knows....

Only Devs ACTUALLY know whats happening with new licenses and DLC cars, so no harm in hoping/wishing

Hope so! Thanks for not being a jerk about it, Raven!

c172fccc
05-08-2015, 15:53
*sigh* I wish people would be more respectful and stop posting leaked info on the official forum.

Raven403
05-08-2015, 15:53
*sigh* I wish people would be more respectful and stop posting leaked info on the official forum.

So this went from being "Silly" because its not true to being "Leaked" info?

c172fccc
05-08-2015, 15:55
So this went from being "Silly" because its not true to being "Leaked" info?

Where did I call it silly?

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 15:55
For god sake, I give up....I only asked if it was true! I'm not posting anything else. I'll not get excited about PCARS when others call it crap. :-/

Raven403
05-08-2015, 15:56
Where did I call it silly?

YOU didnt, miagi did.

I also fail to see how its disrespectful to discuss it here. The people that are in here reading this are all fans of the game and excited about it and appreciative of the work SMS does....

Also, you really think your gonna open your doors to the public to have early access to your game and expect to keep all the leaks plugged up? If I worked at Turn 10 100 bucks is a small price to pay to keep an eye on your competition, to use one example.

The OP saw something on ANOTHER forum and posted it here to see if there was any truth to it, thats literally as harmless as it gets, but instead someone insults her then someone else calls her disrespectful.

cornishbrooksy
05-08-2015, 16:05
Calm down guys...no need for it to get heated.

I don't see a problem discussing it.....its on another forum, but please remember nothing is confirmed and it is just somebody on the internet.

Nothing is confirmed until SMS says it is and they will publish information when they are allowed to and want to.

It could very well be that some models are buried deep in the game code.....i bet the Asano X4 from development is probably still there as legacy as well....but certainly doesn't mean it will be released as it almost certainly never will be.

c172fccc
05-08-2015, 16:05
Look, imagine that these cars are really coming and SMS wanted to make a surprise, well ploof goes the surprise.

Elaine The Racer
05-08-2015, 16:08
I'm sorry if I have spoiled the surprise :(

hoodi4cars
05-08-2015, 16:10

PS: What that guy did and what happens here now is call "disinformation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation)".

First of all, the displayed car name at the top right doesn't update in real-time just when going over the selection of a car. It only updates when you actually selected it. So this is no prove it's fake.

Second, how come I can find this in my pCARS installation folder:

cluck
05-08-2015, 16:11
I'm sorry if I have spoiled the surprise :(If you didn't, somebody else would so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it :).

(I should add that this in no way validates 'the surprise', I have absolutely no more idea than the vast majority of us here as to whether those cars are going to be coming to the game)

Raven403
05-08-2015, 16:13
Look, imagine that these cars are really coming and SMS wanted to make a surprise, well ploof goes the surprise.

lol well SHUCKS.

Its really not that big of a deal. Im sure they have plenty they can surprise people with. And I defer to my previous point. They have hundred of people with early access information...... Not a good strategy if you wana surprise people

MacPhisto
05-08-2015, 16:14
Guys. While it's not proof of the future, but if you start modding pcars you will find a lot of information in the files. That's all I'm going to say.

Schnizz58
05-08-2015, 16:22
If they really wanted it to be a surprise, they'd have hidden it a little better.

flymar
05-08-2015, 16:40
I'm under the impression that 75% of the forum users are B*ld journalists. Those thread titles are f*ckin' annoying:/

MysterG
05-08-2015, 16:46
I'm under the impression that 75% of the forum users are B*ld journalists. Those thread titles are f*ckin' annoying:/

What makes you think they have no hair ??? :apple:

madmax2069
05-08-2015, 16:56

You can highlight a car in the quick selection screen without selecting it which wont change the car you acrually have selected (what it says in the upper right)

Dutchmountains
05-08-2015, 17:15
Nice peace of photoshop?

mister dog
05-08-2015, 17:41
Well almost all DLC was leaked beforehand, so i don't see what makes this any different. Hope the GT-One is added too somewhere along the road.

TMoney
05-08-2015, 17:50
If it wasn't mentioned yet the Toyota I believe is from a modding team they tested importing into the game. So not from SMS. If true it still would mean it's coming to pcars so either way not a bad thing.

NuclearPenguin
05-08-2015, 18:03
If it wasn't mentioned yet the Toyota I believe is from a modding team they tested importing into the game. So not from SMS. If true it still would mean it's coming to pcars so either way not a bad thing.

Doesn't make sense though with the Toyota files found in our release build.

Scuderia Paul
05-08-2015, 22:24
Like I say, I'll believe it when I see it! But being a Toyota fan this is amazing to see

Me too. As a die-hard Toyota Racing fan there is no car I woud rather see come to PCars.

Cheesenium
06-08-2015, 02:26
If this is true, hopefully there will be GT86 GT4, GTOne and the Group C car from Toyota.

hkraft300
06-08-2015, 02:33
F* Toyota.
Nissan FTW xD

Elaine The Racer
06-08-2015, 13:49
F* Toyota.
Nissan FTW xD

Didn't do so well at Le Mans ;)

NemethR
06-08-2015, 14:57
Didn't do so well at Le Mans ;)