PDA

View Full Version : Ovals pack DLC ?

JimmyClark
05-08-2015, 19:03
Will we see the ovals dlc anytime soon, because the media has Project Cars 2 being released next year.

nhraracer
05-08-2015, 19:05
I highly doubt pcars 2 will be released next year.

maurice-pascale
05-08-2015, 19:06
Next year??? For what the hell was project cars 1 there when the sequel released next year?!....i hope not that it gets released next year, this means we get no new manufactures

Psychomatrix
05-08-2015, 19:28
I would bet my .... that pc2 are not been released in 2016. don't know which media that was. Maybe a blogger who needs some attention.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
05-08-2015, 19:44
Will we see the ovals dlc anytime soon, because the media has Project Cars 2 being released next year.Boy, they'll really have to pick up the pace of development if they want to hit that... =)

Don't worry, pCARS 2 is still ways off.

MIAMI__NYZE
05-08-2015, 20:20
I'm sorry guys ...

Machinist90
05-08-2015, 20:20
here we go again,it's like we're going in circles....or should I say...OVALS

BADUMMMM TSSSSSS

Linus27
05-08-2015, 20:48
here we go again,it's like we're going in circles....or should I say...OVALS

BADUMMMM TSSSSSS

Round and round and round and round and round and round and round :)

stangnutlx
05-08-2015, 20:50
id love me some ovals and the Gen6 car too.

Stevesixty7
05-08-2015, 20:57
Round and round and round and round and round and round and round :)

You might actually enjoy it ;)

JimmyClark
05-08-2015, 21:06
Hey guys , I just asked a question about ovals ok! Project Cars/ SMD advertised the availability to race ovals with or without stock cars, so there you go hating on a topic you feel doesn't warrant any merit.

Stevesixty7
05-08-2015, 21:14
Hey guys , I just asked a question about ovals ok! Project Cars/ SMD advertised the availability to race ovals with or without stock cars, so there you go hating on a topic you feel doesn't warrant any merit.

Hey Jimmy. I actually wouldn't mind a blast around ovals, I think there would be a lot of fun to be had, I suspect some of the other posters on here would too. Don't take the negative comments to heart mate, just banter I reckon :)

xautos
05-08-2015, 21:14
"round and round she goes, where she stops? nobody knows!"

but ive seen a fair amount of oval racing, ive driven on a few in iracing and rfactor in years gone by, it takes a very fast driver with the right setup to be right out there. oval racing is not as consuming on reactions, stress, concerntration as a road course and it usually provides a great deal of overtaking.

Linus27
05-08-2015, 21:26
You might actually enjoy it ;)

Yeah, I don't mind them, ran a few years in a couple of NASCAR 2002/2003 leagues. Not my cup of tea but can appreciate it. The post above mine just reminded me of a song called Riverflow by the Levellers so I thought I would just sing it :)

Skrillex
05-08-2015, 22:51
The oval tracks are for people who would enjoy them and I would be one of them. Oval races are boring to watch on the super speedways but the short ovals are awesome. I like both road courses and ovals but I understand oval aren't for everyone and I'm sure if we did an actual poll of all users in this forum it would probably come out half and half for and against. I for one am looking forward to racing on both oval and road, but it seems that ovals aren't coming anytime soon every Tuesday I hope to see oval dlc and every Tuesday nothing. Maybe I'm wrong but I could've sworn I saw something once about ovals coming out before July ended? At any rate haters are gonna hate. Most that don't like oval racing also doesn't understand the true Nuances of it and the amount of excitement that can be had on track like Bristol or Richmond. For years I only watched NASCAR and hated road racing but then something funny happened... I tried road coarses and realized hey... These are pretty cool then I really got into GT and F1. So the moral of the story is don't knock ovals til you try them and even more so than trying them understand them.

Stevesixty7
05-08-2015, 22:56
The oval tracks are for people who would enjoy them and I would be one of them. Oval races are boring to watch on the super speedways but the short ovals are awesome. I like both road courses and ovals but I understand oval aren't for everyone and I'm sure if we did an actual poll of all users in this forum it would probably come out half and half for and against. I for one am looking forward to racing on both oval and road, but it seems that ovals aren't coming anytime soon every Tuesday I hope to see oval dlc and every Tuesday nothing. Maybe I'm wrong but I could've sworn I saw something once about ovals coming out before July ended? At any rate haters are gonna hate. Most that don't like oval racing also doesn't understand the true Nuances of it and the amount of excitement that can be had on track like Bristol or Richmond. For years I only watched NASCAR and hated road racing but then something funny happened... I tried road coarses and realized hey... These are pretty cool then I really got into GT and F1. So the moral of the story is don't knock ovals til you try them and even more so than trying them understand them.
Nice post Keith.

jason
05-08-2015, 22:56
From what I see on this forum Ovals have a Lot of interest , the subject is constantly spoken about more then any type of circuit street or otherwise .

Personally bring it on ! Sooner the better. Restructure your release schedule sms and we can all stop posting about them everyday :)

Skrillex
05-08-2015, 23:07
Nice post Keith.

Thank you. I always see people bashing on ovals and I'm like "dude its so much more than just turning left" just trying to spread awareness.

Stevesixty7
05-08-2015, 23:10
Thank you. I always see people bashing on ovals and I'm like "dude its so much more than just turning left" just trying to spread awareness.

I hear you :)

sagedavid
05-08-2015, 23:23
F..k that oval shit!!

Can we refrain from this type of pointless post please.
I'm sorry to say that, there's two points in "F..k"

Ok => [ ]

F1_Racer68
06-08-2015, 00:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy66OCILOiY

Verbal Clint
06-08-2015, 00:58
So does anybody have an answer to the original qiestion? There are 3 pages of replies and not even any speculation as to when they might be ready. There were rumors that an oval pack was to be released already.

DECATUR PLAYA
06-08-2015, 01:51
So does anybody have an answer to the original qiestion? There are 3 pages of replies and not even any speculation as to when they might be ready. There were rumors that an oval pack was to be released already.

Could be wrong but thought I saw something about July 12 and it got pulled back because they got the Gen 6 car. It's in the other ovals thread. I'm waiting to buddy. The announcement about the Gen 6 makes the wait a little better.

Pink_650S
06-08-2015, 01:56

3 pages haha... If you only knew.

Neil Hopwood
06-08-2015, 02:22

Not date has been announced. Anything else is purely speculating.

The rumors of ovals supposed to be release are BS cause by people failing to read what was written and reading what they wanted to hear.

06-08-2015, 09:03
Considering the IndyCar package has been licensed so early on during development of pCARS 1, I'm pretty certain that there will yet be ovals in pCARS 1. You can never actually guarantee it until it comes out, but I'd be surprised.

Yorkie065
06-08-2015, 09:16
We know that it should be coming. When?....that we don't know. Could be next week, could be next month, could be next year.

But there's probably 20+ other threads about the Oval DLC where I'm sure there have been posts possibly from devs regarding the DLC.

Skrillex
06-08-2015, 09:53
All I know is that ovals were shown in the builds there is a video on YouTube that shows the monteray caper stock car clearly at Indy. Whether you like ovals or not NASCAR is one of the most popular racing series so if this game is trying to be one the greatest racing games out then ovals HAVE to be included. This is a great game as it is but it will not be viewed as a complete racer until ovals are included with the multitude of road courses. While I am in favor of any new track dlc I will admit I was disappointed that the first one was rupena and not ovals. We already have road courses so rupena was just more of the same. Those of us who haven't raced a good stockcar game on a console since ea sports stopped making NASCAR are really itching for the oval tracks.

Neil Hopwood
06-08-2015, 10:01
All I know is that ovals were shown in the builds there is a video on YouTube that shows the monteray caper stock car clearly at Indy. Whether you like ovals or not NASCAR is one of the most popular racing series so if this game is trying to be one the greatest racing games out then ovals HAVE to be included. This is a great game as it is but it will not be viewed as a complete racer until ovals are included with the multitude of road courses. While I am in favor of any new track dlc I will admit I was disappointed that the first one was rupena and not ovals. We already have road courses so rupena was just more of the same. Those of us who haven't raced a good stockcar game on a console since ea sports stopped making NASCAR are really itching for the oval tracks.

Based on the few bits of info floating around, its not gonna be the next track pack either. Its probably gonna be much later in the year or early next year before we see Ovals*.

*There is a possibility the Monza oval might show up before the Nascar/Indycar ovals

NuclearPenguin
06-08-2015, 13:49
Based on the few bits of info floating around, its not gonna be the next track pack either. Its probably gonna be much later in the year or early next year before we see Ovals*.

*There is a possibility the Monza oval might show up before the Nascar/Indycar ovals

I'd be happy with Monza oval while waiting for the others :D.

I also hope we get oval hybrid tracks in the future as well.

CPU M Rossi
06-08-2015, 14:15
"round and round she goes, where she stops? nobody knows!"

but ive seen a fair amount of oval racing, ive driven on a few in iracing and rfactor in years gone by, it takes a very fast driver with the right setup to be right out there. oval racing is not as consuming on reactions, stress, concerntration as a road course and it usually provides a great deal of overtaking.
seems you haven't raced s restrictor plate race, as there needs to be a lot of concentration and then theres the stress of someone might wreck you or infront of you.

F1_Racer68
06-08-2015, 14:39
seems you haven't raced s restrictor plate race, as there needs to be a lot of concentration and then theres the stress of someone might wreck you or infront of you.

You better believe there is stress, tension and concentration. I am not a big fan of watching oval racing, but I certainly do appreciate the skill involved and enjoy participating in it.

There is in many cases MORE concentration involved in oval racing than there is in road course racing. Road course racing does not generally involve going through a corner 3 or 4 cars wide at 150+ mph mere inches apart. Between the movement of the cars over bumps and the disturbed air moving the cars around as well, it take nerves of steel and 100% focus at all times not to bump and bang into each other and cause a wreck.

Until you have actually done it, you cannot properly appreciate it. Watching it on TV does not do the drivers the justice they deserve. I find it quite boring to watch most days, but I definitetly do appreciate the skill and difficulty involved.

For all those criticizing it, all I can say is...... Try it! You'll like it!

ONT
06-08-2015, 15:24
There is a list floating around with the DLC planned, and if I remember correctly the OVAL DLC was the last on that list.

Does that mean that this is a schedule set in stone......not likely :)

The leaked DLC list
Car Pack "racing icons"
Extension "Audi Ruapuna Speedway"
Car Pack "new for old"
Extension "Red Bull Ignition"
Car Pack "Aston Martin"
Extension "Lotus Classic"
Car Pack "Renault Sport"
Extension "Toyota & Mitsubishi Macau"
Extension "Ford Oval Racing"

FormulaT
06-08-2015, 17:27
There is a list floating around with the DLC planned, and if I remember correctly the OVAL DLC was the last on that list.

The leaked DLC list
Car Pack "racing icons"
Car Pack "new for old"
Car Pack "Aston Martin"
Car Pack "Renault Sport"

I hate that there are no IndyCars on there. Maybe SMS can't see it from Europe, but I see a lot of people here in the States planning to switch from Project CARS to Forza 6 in the foreseeable future to race arguably the most competitive open wheel series in the world. IndyCar's popularity is on the rise and the championship is very close with two races to go. Now would be the PERFECT time for SMS to strike. Oh well.

Skrillex
06-08-2015, 17:36

At least that would be one oval.... Its a start

Skrillex
06-08-2015, 17:52
I hope another year for ovals is not the case.

Str8shooter
06-08-2015, 17:54
If the list above was real and the content was released monthly, that would put the " Ford Oval Racing "
out around the same time as the 2016 Daytona 500.

I say speed the release up in time for the 2016 Rolex 24 and throw in one of those Ford Eccoboost DPs while you're at it ;)

JimmyClark
06-08-2015, 19:21
Nice post Keith , we have raced stock cars for years on GT and Forza 3 mainly on road courses.

Jake Fangio
06-08-2015, 20:44
Please please please make ovals optional STAND ALONE content.I would not like to see them bundled together with some really nice cars.Because I would never ever ever and one more time ever lay a wheel on them.Iv'e raced on ovals before in other racing games and the endless I draft you and you draft me is very boring in my opinion.Yes in real life it may be very intense and scary,but in a pc game you just don't get that level of immersion.I enjoy the cars,just not ovals.

the stig.
06-08-2015, 21:28
playseat just got here, and my tx wheel arrives tomorrow. SMS if you could go ahead and release the ford oval dlc with the gen 6 fusion stock car in the morning tomorrow that'd be grrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaatttt

MrFlibble81
06-08-2015, 21:38
playseat just got here, and my tx wheel arrives tomorrow. SMS if you could go ahead and release the ford oval dlc with the gen 6 fusion stock car in the morning tomorrow that'd be grrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaatttt

blacknred81
07-08-2015, 06:44
Only thing Im concerned about is the Indycar DLC planned release date.... It was shown that is would ship with the 2015 drivers, but the season ends at the end of August. And no real plans for Indycar on the leaked DLC list means it wont most likely come out this year...

However, if SMS can hold out for 2016, update the license for 2016 teams, and use some of that time to get some tracks that Indycar uses, then also work on the Lotus Indycars that are licensed (Lotus 38 Lotus 56) they could hit around next May before the 500 with a pretty nice Indycar DLC.......

Skrillex
07-08-2015, 06:48
Nice post Keith , we have raced stock cars for years on GT and Forza 3 mainly on road courses.

That's because we didn't have a choice but to race them on road tracks. At least GT6 had Daytona and indy. Outside of that stock cars oval racing has sucked in every game and or Sim outside of Iracing which costs way to much money since the days of EA sports NASCAR which wasn't the best but also didn't suck.

Skrillex
07-08-2015, 06:52
Please please please make ovals optional STAND ALONE content.I would not like to see them bundled together with some really nice cars.Because I would never ever ever and one more time ever lay a wheel on them.Iv'e raced on ovals before in other racing games and the endless I draft you and you draft me is very boring in my opinion.Yes in real life it may be very intense and scary,but in a pc game you just don't get that level of immersion.I enjoy the cars,just not ovals.

Yes restrictor plate racing is that way but short track racing is a whole other animal. Even in a Sim it is intense

DECATUR PLAYA
07-08-2015, 12:55
Yes restrictor plate racing is that way but short track racing is a whole other animal. Even in a Sim it is intense

I've heard guys mention the Indy oval footage released from when the game was in development with the Caper. I don't see guys mention Memphis. If you havent seen this Google ( Project Cars Memphis). This is the reason I bought Project Cars. After buying Project Cars and doing SIM racing at some of these road courses my opinion of it has changed and I'm loving it.

But HOT DAMN that looks fun.

Sasquatch
07-08-2015, 13:44
Only thing Im concerned about is the Indycar DLC planned release date.... It was shown that is would ship with the 2015 drivers, but the season ends at the end of August.

I would like to see your claimed source on that information.

tilbs10
07-08-2015, 14:11
The reason the ovals get so many forum posts is for two main reasons. Firstly, we have heard literally nothing on the matter since the announcement of the licensing of the Indy 500 package. Secondly, what real point is there for the Monterrey "nascar" without ovals. Sure you can drive it round relevantly round either Watkins Glen or Sonoma to make it seem your driving in the nascar season but this seems a bit dry. Just one oval would make that car so much more fun to drive, sadly atm it gets instantly looked over when picking cars, a bit like the Lykan in a way

Sasquatch
07-08-2015, 14:21
Secondly, what real point is there for the Monterrey "nascar" without ovals.
Key is that it is listed as "Vintage". Vintage/Historic races are not held at ovals, but at road courses. I've seen the late 80's/Early 90's NASCARs run at a Sebring historic event. Extremely cool.

But i'm sure it's deeper than that. It's there enough but not edging that NASCAR license. I'll tell you, the Monterrey at Brands Hatch short is insanely fun.

tilbs10
07-08-2015, 14:25
But i'm sure it's deeper than that. It's there enough but not edging that NASCAR license. I'll tell you, the Monterrey at Brands Hatch short is insanely fun.

yeah it is round some tracks but in a weird way it seems kinda strange driving round them tracks. Me and a load of friends would just love to get the feel of that car in it's natural home that's all

FormulaT
07-08-2015, 15:15
I would like to see your claimed source on that information.

Probably the same thing that I read. http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

But this still says "Wii U", so who knows at this point?

Sasquatch
07-08-2015, 15:48
yeah it is round some tracks but in a weird way it seems kinda strange driving round them tracks. Me and a load of friends would just love to get the feel of that car in it's natural home that's all
Although, I know what you mean. But a race car has no natural home though. Every track, a set up is very different. But it's still a vintage/historic classed car, and they do not run ovals. There's even folk who run SCCA stock cars... only on road courses. The Monterrey isn't exactly beyond it's element is what i'm trying to say.

Probably the same thing that I read. http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

But this still says "Wii U", so who knows at this point?
Well, well, well. This was buried away. Cheers for the link.

Skrillex
07-08-2015, 15:51
I've heard guys mention the Indy oval footage released from when the game was in development with the Caper. I don't see guys mention Memphis. If you havent seen this Google ( Project Cars Memphis). This is the reason I bought Project Cars. After buying Project Cars and doing SIM racing at some of these road courses my opinion of it has changed and I'm loving it.

But HOT DAMN that looks fun.

That's what I'm talking about that is Bristol. Short tracks a whole different animal than tracks like Daytona. That's what I am excited about as well.

ukfan758
07-08-2015, 17:24
I think the ovals DLC will be one of the last DLC packs to be released due to its size and the amount of work that will have to be done for the AI, trips to the US to see the tracks, etc.

07-08-2015, 19:58
Even though I can't think of anything more boring than watching oval racing, I am a fan of actually DOING oval racing myself. There's something about stuffing so many cars on a track so short, it becomes about driving against the traffic, rather than the track like it is in circuit racing. Essentially the "track" you're going against can change on every lap, depending on how the other cars are moving around.

I did so enjoy our early online tests with Lotus 49s on a supremely early WIP version of Indy during development (barely more than a strip of road hanging in space), I hope it won't be too long until we can try it again... =)

Stevesixty7
07-08-2015, 20:29
Even though I can't think of anything more boring than watching oval racing, I am a fan of actually DOING oval racing myself. There's something about stuffing so many cars on a track so short, it becomes about driving against the traffic, rather than the track like it is in circuit racing. Essentially the "track" you're going against can change on every lap, depending on how the other cars are moving around.

I did so enjoy our early online tests with Lotus 49s on a supremely early WIP version of Indy during development (barely more than a strip of road hanging in space), I hope it won't be too long until we can try it again... =)

As I have said before, I think it would be an enjoyable experience and would like ovals. I think my only concern would be online races, I think you'd definitely need to race with people you trust and not just randoms, because otherwise it would be a demolition derby for sure.

TrevorAustin
07-08-2015, 20:36
As I have said before, I think it would be an enjoyable experience and would like ovals. I think my only concern would be online races, I think you'd definitely need to race with people you trust and not just randoms, because otherwise it would be a demolition derby for sure.

From what I've seen it's supposed to be:) and haven't you watched days of thunder!

Stevesixty7
07-08-2015, 20:43
From what I've sewn it's supposed to be:) and haven't you watched days of thunder!

I have actually :)

TrevorAustin
07-08-2015, 20:49
I have actually :)

On sky right now, lol, watched it a couple of days ago, still didn't make me want to do it.

Stevesixty7
07-08-2015, 20:49
From what I've sewn it's supposed to be:) and haven't you watched days of thunder!

Rubbing is racing, fair enough. Being a total bellend isn't ;)

Stevesixty7
07-08-2015, 20:52
On sky right now, lol, watched it a couple of days ago, still didn't make me want to do it.

I think it would be fun Trevor, I really do. Car on the limit, bouncing around next to the wall, trying not to lose it whilst staying with the competition. What's not to like?

TrevorAustin
07-08-2015, 20:59
I think it would be fun Trevor, I really do. Car on the limit, bouncing around next to the wall, trying not to lose it whilst staying with the competition. What's not to like?

Variation and skill, really don't get it, like american football, baseball cricket, horse racing, religion:) just don't get any of them, hold zero excitement or interest for me. But loads of people love them, which is cool, just not for me

Stevesixty7
07-08-2015, 21:06
Variation and skill, really don't get it, like american football, baseball cricket, horse racing, relgion:) just don't get any of them, hold zero excitement or interest for me. But loads of people love them, which is cool, just not for me

Variation is there straight away. I'm with you on the other stuff you mentioned though. Hey, if and when it comes, you would try it right?

Skrillex
07-08-2015, 21:11
Variation and skill, really don't get it, like american football, baseball cricket, horse racing, relgion:) just don't get any of them, hold zero excitement or interest for me. But loads of people love them, which is cool, just not for me

Cricket, horse racing, religion I'm right there with ya and I AM an American, I'll throw in golf for ya... No interest here. But baseball, football, and short track oval racing = lots of drama! :)

Stevesixty7
07-08-2015, 21:23
Cricket, horse racing, religion I'm right there with ya and I AM an American, I'll throw in golf for ya... No interest here. But baseball, football, and short track oval racing = lots of drama! :)

Baseball and American football I can do without, but I'm open to most motorsport. Other sporting loves are football (soccer as you guys know it) and boxing. Motorsport number one though.

maurice-pascale
07-08-2015, 21:27
Baseball is cool....and i am from europe.....but to say it...Soccer (EU: Football) is the most popular sport on planet earth....the only country which dont like's it is america^^....it is so strange that america got their absolute own favorites in sport, which are almost only there popular....

TrevorAustin
07-08-2015, 21:35
Variation is there straight away. I'm with you on the other stuff you mentioned though. Hey, if and when it comes, you would try it right?

Of course, be amazed if i liked it, but i like being amazed :)

Robhd
07-08-2015, 21:46
I didn't really have that much interest in ovals until my other half took me across the pond for my 50th five years back... Seeing Dario win the Indy 500 was one hell of a buzz.. And going around the Charlotte Speedway and visiting the NASCAR hall of fame... One converted Limey here! Bring on the ovals...

07-08-2015, 22:20
But loads of people love them, which is cool, just not for meExactly, this is the attitude to have. I don't really care at all about racing cars (barring vintage cars from the pre-slicks era), street cars is where it's at for me, but I realize many people really like racing cars so good on them. =)

Skrillex
07-08-2015, 22:21
Baseball is cool....and i am from europe.....but to say it...Soccer (EU: Football) is the most popular sport on planet earth....the only country which dont like's it is america^^....it is so strange that america got their absolute own favorites in sport, which are almost only there popular....

That's not entirely true. Lots of Americans like soccer (EU football) we even have a pro league, but a lot like baseball here it is more fun to play than it is to watch.

Back on topic. I can see why some don't like ovals, I get it... But much like soccer and baseball it is more fun to do it than watch it. You will understand it better once your in a pack of 43 cars on a track that is only a half mile long and barely wide enough for 2 cars going into the corner at a time at 150 miles per hour. ;)

TrevorAustin
07-08-2015, 22:26
That's not entirely true. Lots of Americans like soccer (EU football) we even have a pro league, but a lot like baseball here it is more fun to play than it is to watch.

Back on topic. I can see why some don't like ovals, I get it... But much like soccer and baseball it is more fun to do it than watch it. You will understand it better once your in a pack of 43 cars on a track that is only a half mile long and barely wide enough for 2 cars going into the corner at a time at 150 miles per hour. ;)

You see that's why we don't get it, that's just the M25 or bottom of the M6 every morning. Your roads are so big and wide you find it exciting being all bunched up and nearly touching, try driving up the M1 through the roadworks at Mansfield:) for a lot of us driving like that is a daily occurrence :)

Skrillex
07-08-2015, 23:07
You see that's why we don't get it, that's just the M25 or bottom of the M6 every morning. Your roads are so big and wide you find it exciting being all bunched up and nearly touching, try driving up the M1 through the roadworks at Mansfield:) for a lot of us driving like that is a daily occurrence :)

Lol I see your point! I haven't had the pleasure. But I have had the mis pleasure of being stuck in a Chicago traffic jam. At any rate that's not exciting at all because your not doing 150 mph..... Your doing 5 mph. I can walk faster than that :)

Stevesixty7
07-08-2015, 23:13

Holy shit. That 20 mile drag from 28 onwards. Drives me nuts.

TrevorAustin
07-08-2015, 23:52
Lol I see your point! I haven't had the pleasure. But I have had the mis pleasure of being stuck in a Chicago traffic jam. At any rate that's not exciting at all because your not doing 150 mph..... Your doing 5 mph. I can walk faster than that :)

Driving for 20-30 miles next to a full size truck and trailer while he weaves, makes a few phone calls and dozes off is an experience that looks a lot like Indycar, without the turning left:) All the time stuck behind the BMW in front who won't go over 51 miles an hour because the outside lane is his lane, along with the Audis and mercs, and he's decided that 51 is the speed through the roadworks. and the Audi up your back won't let you escape to the inside as he NEEDS to get past me and be at least next to the BMW. It's a fabulous joy.

TrevorAustin
07-08-2015, 23:52
Holy shit. That 20 mile drag from 28 onwards. Drives me nuts.

It's horrific, ruins my day before it has even started on the lovely journey to Selby.

F1_Racer68
08-08-2015, 00:42
Driving for 20-30 miles next to a full size truck and trailer while he weaves, makes a few phone calls and dozes off is an experience that looks a lot like Indycar, without the turning left:) All the time stuck behind the BMW in front who won't go over 51 miles an hour because the outside lane is his lane, along with the Audis and mercs, and he's decided that 51 is the speed through the roadworks. and the Audi up your back won't let you escape to the inside as he NEEDS to get past me and be at least next to the BMW. It's a fabulous joy.

Just remember.... the Mercs have factory installed Right of Way as Standard equipment :)

blacknred81
08-08-2015, 21:29

The leaked DLC list
Car Pack "racing icons"
Car Pack "new for old"
Car Pack "Aston Martin"
Car Pack "Renault Sport"

Going back to this list, how many cars could come with the Ford Oval racing extension if this list was to be predicted true? We know the Gen 6 Ford Fusion is in Development. The 2012 Fusion was originally licensed with the Ford license announcement. But Ruapuna last month released with 3 Audi cars, so could we see more than just the Ford Fusion Gen 6 released with this pack? Or would it be more of a track pack with one car released, with the pack more focused on the tracks, rather than Ruapuna one where it featured 3 cars and one track with multiple layouts.....

ONT
09-08-2015, 04:53

At 200 MPH ??? :)

Robhd
09-08-2015, 07:23
The bit i don't get is if the DLC is in fact ready why not release it in bigger chunks rather than drip feed just once a month?

I am sure they will have twigged by now there are plenty of folk keen to spend, spend, spend!

09-08-2015, 09:04
The bit i don't get is if the DLC is in fact ready why not release it in bigger chunks rather than drip feed just once a month?

I am sure they will have twigged by now there are plenty of folk keen to spend, spend, spend!Could just as well be the simple answer that it's not ready yet.

maurice-pascale
09-08-2015, 09:59
They should had bring an season pass for the game.....for now the DLC schedule looks like all other season pass game DLC releases, just one pack a month........i thought for something special and more content a month, because they left the season pass......

DEDDGUY3
09-08-2015, 18:11
we all need to be served up a big cup of...214694

Del Zotto x82x
09-08-2015, 19:24
OVALS, OVALS, OVALS, OVALS, OVALS, OVALS

NuclearPenguin
09-08-2015, 19:36
http://i.imgur.com/k14ZeAF.png?1
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BBt9cKsRL._SY300_.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HdAwl31.jpg?1
http://racemats.com/media/home_banner_6.jpg

CPU M Rossi
09-08-2015, 22:05
sorry but a circle is not an oval

NuclearPenguin
09-08-2015, 22:38
sorry but a circle is not an oval

You're right. I wish Project Cars taught me before I embarrassed myself :(

Skrillex
09-08-2015, 23:15
You're right. I wish Project Cars taught me before I embarrassed myself :(

It will someday maybe hopefully eventually. Until then your gonna just have to think about paperclips. :)

CCM
10-08-2015, 04:35
I been reading these post since day one about ovals. I have asked for some kind of word on it from the devs and nothing. Don't hold your breath SMS just tells you what you want to hear to get you to buy there game. They not once talked about ovals or indy cars in any of the oval post I have seen. They are full of shit and this game is 100% road racing game and will always be just that. I don't believe anything sms says and I can care less whats in development cause it's just a mask of bs lies from sms.

MysterG
10-08-2015, 07:44
I been reading these post since day one about ovals. I have asked for some kind of word on it from the devs and nothing. Don't hold your breath SMS just tells you what you want to hear to get you to buy there game. They not once talked about ovals or indy cars in any of the oval post I have seen. They are full of shit and this game is 100% road racing game and will always be just that. I don't believe anything sms says and I can care less whats in development cause it's just a mask of bs lies from sms.

Your repeated complaining about ovals and lack thereof is getting really old now. Why not just wait? Complaining at every opportunity and slagging off the devs will not make ovals appear any faster, I can guarantee.

Pink_650S
10-08-2015, 08:21

Constant moaning wont speed it up.
Maybe SMS would've pushed up the Ovals DLC, if it wasnt for annoying posts like yours, who knows...

maurice-pascale
10-08-2015, 08:34
Well, i thought that just the NASCAR racer's are agressiv and fight with each other after a race, bht when i see all those ugly and aggresiv talking here from NASCAR fans, which want this nO vals, i have the feeling that it is a pretty agressiv sport and just Bully's love this sport........
it is a bit to extrem how tthis guys want ovals!!....we all knkw they will come later this year, but they still cry and shout about ovals NOW!!!!

guys this ovals will come someday, so tell me why you guys cant be quiet?? Just waiting!! It will come! dont be so unsymphatic and ugly when you guys want something!!

MysterG
10-08-2015, 08:47
Well, i thought that just the NASCAR racer's are agressiv and fight with each other after a race, bht when i see all those ugly and aggresiv talking here from NASCAR fans, which want this nO vals, i have the feeling that it is a pretty agressiv sport and just Bully's love this sport........
it is a bit to extrem how tthis guys want ovals!!....we all knkw they will come later this year, but they still cry and shout about ovals NOW!!!!

guys this ovals will come someday, so tell me why you guys cant be quiet?? Just waiting!! It will come! dont be so unsymphatic and ugly when you guys want something!!

Whilst I get the sentiment, you pretty much are insulting a whole group of people just because they are fans of a particular sport. You should have chosen your words more carefully.

Pink_650S
10-08-2015, 08:51
Whilst I get the sentiment, you pretty much are insulting a whole group of people just because they are fans of a particular sport. You should have chosen your words more carefully.

^^^

chig88
10-08-2015, 09:01

I think the language barrier may have played a bit of a part here....

Invincible
10-08-2015, 09:33
Really, the constant whinging about the lack of ovals really gets old and annoying by now. It's not that I don't want ovals to be included as DLC in the game, but seeing a new thread about it nearly every day is becoming a real pain in the arse.

SMS hasn't said anything about oval DLC's yet? Well, they could have a reason for it. Also they said nothing about any DLC that is not to be released very soon... So just be patient. Play Nascar 2003 until ovals for Pcars get officially announced.

maurice-pascale
10-08-2015, 09:56

But it is how it is....all oval fans here are agressiv and pushing unsympathic for the ovals, even that we all know it will come someday....so i choose it right.....for now i just say what i see here al, the time in all the ovals and NASCAR topics....everytime they do negative post's and say it in a agressive tone....i am also fan of other things here, but do i force the devs to put it in the game NOW? No!

so i dont see why i had make something wrong, i just say what i see and that show's me agressiv people wanting ovals because they are unpatient...

we all know it will come, just waiting

maurice-pascale
10-08-2015, 09:59
And i really dont know what should be wrong with my post....this is just a fact about things i see here....i dont attacked someone himself, i just sayed it is not correct to force the devs in that way......

Pink_650S
10-08-2015, 10:01
But it is how it is....all oval fans here are agressiv and pushing unsympathic for the ovals, even that we all know it will come someday....so i choose it right.....for now i just say what i see here al, the time in all the ovals and NASCAR topics....everytime they do negative post's and say it in a agressive tone....i am also fan of other things here, but do i force the devs to put it in the game NOW? No!

so i dont see why i had make something wrong, i just say what i see and that show's me agressiv people wanting ovals because they are unpatient...

I'm a fan of ovals, but l'm not aggressive.

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 10:02

As ever your post contradicts itself start to finish:)

You've been asking since day one and no dev or sms has ever replied, but they are lying to you so you don't believe them.

Er, yes, that all adds up to absolutely nothing. If you can't see the idiocy in your own post there really is no hope:)

Namron
10-08-2015, 10:02
Really, the constant whinging about the lack of ovals really gets old and annoying by now. It's not that I don't want ovals to be included as DLC in the game, but seeing a new thread about it nearly every day is becoming a real pain in the arse.

SMS hasn't said anything about oval DLC's yet? Well, they could have a reason for it. Also they said nothing about any DLC that is not to be released very soon... So just be patient. Play Nascar 2003 until ovals for Pcars get officially announced.

"^^^"..... This...... Enough already about the Ovals (There are other much more important updates & fixes that need implementing in the Sim to be honest IMO)... Just be patient & lets see what the next Update brings or the next update after that, Maybe you'll get lucky & see some Oval add on or whatever but lets not keep going on about it & how there not in the game "as yet"...:)...

Nam....

MysterG
10-08-2015, 10:03

*Sigh*
I gave you the benefit of the doubt, thinking you might not have intentionally insulted all oval fans. Please don't ruin it.
Insulting others because you don't like their posts is not necessary. And certainly not all oval fans here are complaining and aggressive.

Sensible discussion or another thread lock ... choices, choices..