PDA

View Full Version : I had enough of this game...

Webcruise
06-08-2015, 13:18
the reason is, that for me personally, the general approach of tuning in this game is just not right.

I went back to Forza 5 and ordered Forza 6.

The main difference between these games are that, the game (i.e.Forza) sets the driving feeling for each car (which should match to each individual car), and the improvements in getting better lap-times is in tuning the car (motors, wheel, suspension, weight etc.) and the setting on the wheel (I use the Fanatec wheelbase V2 with an Xbox One).

In ProjectCARS each car has to be modified in the sense of wheel settings which is not right, and each time there is a FW update for the game or the wheel, all of these setting will have to be adjusted again and again, and the combinations of setting (where a lot of them, I don't even know what are the consequenses of changing them). With changing the suspension (i.e. with Forza game) I know what happens with the car. This takes so much time from me, where I would rather drive and not tweak the setting each time there is a new FW-Update.

Second point is the really bad online experience when trying to find an online race. Yesterday, I made my decision and played Forza 5 online, just super, I select the car category (i.e. B500 or A600) and I can chose my tuned cars to race, each time also there were at least 5-10 other players joining. With ProjectCARS (and I tried many times) there are 1 to 2 players, which I cannot believe, because of the large sales numbers.

I also had this week lagging menus and I had even to restart the whole game because it just freezes.

A suggestion to the ProjectCARS team, please rethink your general approach, we don't want to administrate this game, we want to race. With the new Version ProjectCARS 2, you should consider this.

I wanted to sell the game at Amazon and was astonished that the "used" pricing did drop to half of the retail pricing in that short time. Guess that I am not alone.

Best regards
Alexander

KkDrummer
06-08-2015, 13:21
Ciao!

MysterG
06-08-2015, 13:40
At least you provide reasons and stay civil, which is refreshing.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying though?
You can tune all aspects of the car and change the way it handles through setups (their saving or not is an issue) you don't do it through changing wheel settings?

I would hope that you keep your copy until at least Patch 3.0 is out and see if your issues are sorted. Can't do any harm given the patch will be here before F6.

Rockefelluh
06-08-2015, 13:59
I would hope that you keep your copy until at least Patch 3.0 is out and see if your issues are sorted. Can't do any harm given the patch will be here before F6.

How do you know that?

ElectricBlues85
06-08-2015, 14:01
Can't do any harm given the patch will be here before

This line had me excited until you said F6!

P.CARS does take some effort to get everything working but it is (IMO) more of a SIM than F5. Sims don't lend themselves to ease of use because they are technical. Sure we could cut down on admin by having one set of FFB settings for all cars but then in real life, not all cars feel the same.

The same goes for tuning the cars (suspension, dampers ect). Some cars drive like crap as standard because they drive like crap in real life. Each car in PC is fundamentally different from the chassis up where as Forza (As far as I'm aware) still use the stock chassis for each/some cars. This makes the car easier to tune because what you can do to one car, you can do to another. That's not the case in P.Cars because that's not the case with real cars.

I'm a big fan of the way Project Cars works, I love tinkering with all the settings and trying to find those extra 0.01's. I'm not saying you should enjoy it too, I'm just saying it's not a problem with the game. The game is fine in this respect*, it's just not what you personally want from a racer.

* I'm aware the game isn't fine. There are bugs but SMS are providing great community engagement and regular development updates. I think with the first release of a new gaming franchise we as a consumer probably shouldn't expect anything more than this. It's taken Forza and GT 6 or 7 iterations to get where PC has done in one game.

Mbondracing
06-08-2015, 14:03
And fm6 will suck as much as fm5 did! Have fun with the that. Personally I'll stick with project cars and have some patience while they perfect it. Can't stand forza physics or gameplay, looking pretty is all it has going for it. But that's just my opinion.

little fella
06-08-2015, 14:14
In no way what so ever will Forza 6 suck but that is just my opinion.
It's getting quite fashionable to bash Forza for some reason even though it has won numerous awards and gets consistently good reviews in the gaming press.Even Forza 5 which was rushed for xbox one launch played great even though it was only half a game content wise.
I look forward to patch 3.0 of Project cars but can the Forza slagging please stop it's really unwarranted.

Braken99
06-08-2015, 14:15
Im pretty sure the lobby search will be changed to the way it is on pc and solves problems regarding finding larger vroups to race with. The is based on reading posts from mods and my experience with PCars on PC. My solution until then is to add lots of friends and join their race or start my own. The lobby size is much larger this way.

I offer solutions, no charge, for now anyway.

Marrrfooo
06-08-2015, 14:27
In no way what so ever will Forza 6 suck but that is just my opinion.
It's getting quite fashionable to bash Forza for some reason even though it has won numerous awards and gets consistently good reviews in the gaming press.Even Forza 5 which was rushed for xbox one launch played great even though it was only half a game content wise.

And you're absolutely right about the reviews. But until PCARS came out it only had GT to compete with (in the console space). Now it has a game that's been based on a PC crowd and progressive development. In terms of comparison it's a game changer. it brings across PC gaming heritage, serious passion (and history) for racing games and leverage of next-gen ('now-gen' really) technology better than anyone else has done.

It's opening the racing DLC market open with a more open structure (rather than the Forza method of a £5 car pack with 1-2 good cars and then things like transit vans and less desirables).

What was previously a (console-based) fight between two titles for features - now develops into a fight involving the feel and complexity of the handling and cars. Ironically I don't think that's something that many of the reviews have focused on in recent years with FM/GT beyond 'feels good like it always did'.

It'll get intense even further when AC joins the console space.

bodyshop
06-08-2015, 14:30
What gamers need to realise is be one of the savvy guys and wait month or so after release, that way you get the honest reviews (from gamers) after the paid for ones have been done before release, you get the first few patches straight away....also you get it half price, even the limited edition game can be had for 20-25 UK sterling! STOP PRE ORDERING GAMES!! ITS OUT OWN FAULT!!!

little fella
06-08-2015, 14:33
Both Project cars and Forza are extremely good racing games even though Forza 5 was rushed and project cars ridden with bugs.
I am really looking forward to forza 6 as well as how project cars evolves.
Love em both.

Umer Ahmad
06-08-2015, 14:35
Both Project cars and Forza are extremely good racing games even though Forza 5 was rushed and project cars ridden with bugs.
I am really looking forward to forza 6 as well as how project cars evolves.
Love em both.

It's good times for racing gamers, that we can all agree.

Webcruise
06-08-2015, 14:37
This line had me excited until you said F6!

P.CARS does take some effort to get everything working but it is (IMO) more of a SIM than F5. Sims don't lend themselves to ease of use because they are technical. Sure we could cut down on admin by having one set of FFB settings for all cars but then in real life, not all cars feel the same.

The same goes for tuning the cars (suspension, dampers ect). Some cars drive like crap as standard because they drive like crap in real life. Each car in PC is fundamentally different from the chassis up where as Forza (As far as I'm aware) still use the stock chassis for each/some cars. This makes the car easier to tune because what you can do to one car, you can do to another. That's not the case in P.Cars because that's not the case with real cars.

I'm a big fan of the way Project Cars works, I love tinkering with all the settings and trying to find those extra 0.01's. I'm not saying you should enjoy it too, I'm just saying it's not a problem with the game. The game is fine in this respect*, it's just not what you personally want from a racer.

* I'm aware the game isn't fine. There are bugs but SMS are providing great community engagement and regular development updates. I think with the first release of a new gaming franchise we as a consumer probably shouldn't expect anything more than this. It's taken Forza and GT 6 or 7 iterations to get where PC has done in one game.

I will keep the game, since selling it for that price it not smart. Of course I will see what the patch V3 will bring. But to give you one example, the BMW GT4 is great to race (great response from the track and overall racing feeling), why does the RUF Porsche feels like driving a Minivan. A few times per year I do the real thing with friends (Aston Martin Vanquish, BMW Z4 roadster with 300HP and some other cars; no Porsche), we live in Munich and the Alps are not far away and we leave a lot of rubber on these streets :). So I think I can say that I know how these cars behave and feel. I don't think that the RUF would behave like in this game.

Forza´s approach is just, that the game developers provide the best possible realistic behavior for each car and later you can upgrade it with other tires, suspensions, motor, etc..

Another negative point which is very different to Forza, is that the feeling when loosing grip is very low, this has been solved better with Forza.

I don't want to start any discussion about comparing games, its just my personal experience. I don't mind in spending money on the best HW (spend over 2000 Euro on my rig) and SW, but I have limited time to play, and when I play I want to have a good experience, thats all. I don't care if it is Forza, ProjectCars or whatever, I just want to drive and have fun.

It would also be nice to have, when playing online more options to choose from (i.e. an overview of the online accessible racing servers), also I experienced that some options in playing online are not changeable (grey´d out), don't know why.

Don't get me wrong, playing ProjectCars, when it works without lags and as a single player with the BMW is absolutely great and far better as Forza (more simulation etc.) the lightning is super, the tracks etc.(I have been often at Nordschleife in reality, and it is great with ProjectCars :) But I did spend so many hours in trying the other cars to behave better, and the online experience rally fed me up. Sorry for my bad english, German would be easier :)

One suggestion, why can't we choose the tire temperature in trainings, each time I have to go two laps until tires are warm (of course thats reality), but a check-box would be nice.

So hope dies at last (speech in Germany), and lets see what the new patch brings.

So have fun racing, maybe someone has a good setting for me (I use the Fanatec V2 base for Xbox One).

Best regards
Alexander

little fella
06-08-2015, 14:39
It's good times for racing gamers, that we can all agree.

Excactly!!!!
No game will ever be perfect there will always be someone not happy but indeed we are lucky to have both PCARS and Forza competing and pushing each other further into making better games.

beetes_juice
06-08-2015, 14:48
I don't care if it is Forza, ProjectCars or whatever, I just want to drive and have fun.

That's all that matters.

Project cars is ever evolving. Seems some may be jumping ship but with any sim game (from my experience), if you stay for the long haul you will be greatly rewarded.

PS: Makes me cringe that you will be putting to use that V2 on Forza's godawful FFB. :p

Umer Ahmad
06-08-2015, 14:56
Excactly!!!!
No game will ever be perfect there will always be someone not happy but indeed we are lucky to have both PCARS and Forza competing and pushing each other further into making better games.

It's kind of like a......race? #MINDBLOWN

bumpkin
06-08-2015, 14:58
All the folks extolling the handling, have you ever driven a real car? No not a racing car, just a car on the road?

Did a race last night at Brands Hatch in the Focus RS. NB This is a road car, sold in the UK where the roads allow us to drive at up to 70mph. In the game the Focus can't take open corners on a race track ie using the whole width and the racing line, on supposedly track tyres at 60mph. Now in reality the RS can drive on an A class road at 60mph on road tyres, keeping to it's own lane and not understeer itself and it's occupants into the nearest tree or lamppost.

Now tell me again just why the handling is so good in this game?

Raven403
06-08-2015, 14:59
won numerous awards and gets consistently good reviews in the gaming press

Sorry but I personally dont put much stock into what the "Gaming Press" says, like any other outlet they are not unbias and typically bought opinions.

Im not arguing the Quality of the upcoming Forza 6 but its easy to win awards when your the only ones in the room, which Forza was until now.

Haiden
06-08-2015, 14:59
I would take PCars over Forza any day, simple because the immersion is just on a whole different level. I don't mind tuning a car, but I'm inclined to agree with the OP about the carlevel FFB tuning in PCars. I simply don't get it. Each car is different--chassis, weight distribution, braking, acceleration, etc. But the physics of the world the game is simulating don't change. FFB is how these physics are represented/communicated to the driver, so curb force should be constant and fix. The only difference should be how a particular car feels running across the curb based on it's particular engineering/mechanical spec, not how the player sets his FFB. That's how it is in real life. If a car feels like crap and you don't like the handling, you're only options are to adjust the mechanical settings. You can't change the physics of the world to make it better. Which means sometimes, a car will just be rough on the road, because there's only so much you can do mechanically to soften the drive. That's the way it was built. You can't change the physics of the world, which is why in real life, some cars feel better than others. Allowing players to change the FFB settings at the individual car level is basically the equivalent of letting them alter the physics of the world. IMO, FFB settings should be global. I shouldn't be able to take a heavy beast of a car, and make it feel like a nimble little sportster, or make the wheel require less work. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but that's the one thing about it that I just don't get. And, not surprisingly, it's one of the major areas of complaint from a lot of players. People are always quick to say, "It's a sim. Tuning is part of the experience." But I don't think that's the aspect of tuning many players are complaining about. Of course, you have to do mechanical tuning. But I think a lot of people are confused as to why they have to tune the FFB for each car. This simply doesn't make sense.

IMO, this also affect online matches. Because instead of players being forced to deal with the car's handling according to it's design spec, they are allowed to modify the feel of what should be fixed physics. So where one player may be racing with more realistic physics and therefore having to tame a difficult car, another player may have adjusted his FFB so that he doesn't have to wrestle with the wheel as much, and therefore has an advantage, because he's basically changed the physics of the world, like a magician.

IDK, I'm sure the mods and SMS will tell me why I'm wrong, but logically, it does not make sense. All objects are subject to the same rules of physics in the real world, and the FFB in a simulator is nothing more than a way of communicating these physics. It should be fixed, just like it is in the real world.

Dan77 DESTROYER
06-08-2015, 15:00
I'm as p155ed off as the rest of the guys regarding bugs and things not working properly currently but the pros far outweigh the cons in this game, I truly believe it will be sorted and we will all get the experience we crave,
Hang in there guys and I say this with limited patients myself but all we can do is keep reporting the bugs and let the team get on it.

TheReaper GT
06-08-2015, 15:03
Rufs are not Porsches, RUFS are rufs, the RGT8 is a V8 car, the porsche RSR or GT3 RS are flat 6. I like forza, it's fun to drive, but call it realistic just kills any argument. Forza is an advanced arcade game where you can put a all wheel drive and a v8 in a van an squash bugattis with it. I think the OP jumped into the car related FFB screen and completely missed the tuning section of the game. Tuning in a race sense is set paramenters within rules to adapt the car behavior to an specific track. This word meaning is way different in both games. If one like to change engines, drive train, add 2meter wide turbos, project cars is not your game. Project cars is about existing categories of racing, not about change what you want to go faster.

SweeetFA
06-08-2015, 15:36
Rufs are not Porsches, RUFS are rufs, the RGT8 is a V8 car, the porsche RSR or GT3 RS are flat 6. I like forza, it's fun to drive, but call it realistic just kills any argument. Forza is an advanced arcade game where you can put a all wheel drive and a v8 in a van an squash bugattis with it. I think the OP jumped into the car related FFB screen and completely missed the tuning section of the game. Tuning in a race sense is set paramenters within rules to adapt the car behavior to an specific track. This word meaning is way different in both games. If one like to change engines, drive train, add 2meter wide turbos, project cars is not your game. Project cars is about existing categories of racing, not about change what you want to go faster.

That's it! In a nut shell. :topsy_turvy:

Webcruise
06-08-2015, 15:59

Well the basis is from Porsche (chassis and other parts), they are also basis in Pfaffenhausen just like Porsche, but that is not the point, the RUF´s behave like Chevy Minivans, just terrible, the RUF´s should behave even more direct thank "standard" Porsches, that what I am trying to explain, nothing else, pal.

TheReaper GT
06-08-2015, 16:02
Well the basis is from Porsche (chassis and other parts), they are also basis in Pfaffenhausen just like Porsche, but that is not the point, the RUF´s behave like Chevy Minivans, just terrible, the RUF´s should behave even more direct thank "standard" Porsches, that what I am trying to explain, nothing else, pal.

I don't know about the road cars, I don't care for any of them, but the rgt race car is awesome.... If you don't like the game, let it go, it's the best for you, but don't make things up...

Webcruise
06-08-2015, 16:42
I don't know about the road cars, I don't care for any of them, but the rgt race car is awesome.... If you don't like the game, let it go, it's the best for you, but don't make things up...

So "SOi The Reaper", I am not making things up! Its just what I am experiencing. I would be happy to have a better experience. I don't know what wheel you are using, but tell me please your complete settings and I would love to try this, since I bought the game to have fun, you know. I am not trying to offend anyone, just trying to find out, how to get the best experience out of it.

Thanks and best regards
Alexander
PS. probably you can (if you don't want to post this to everyone) send me a private notice, if you don't care (like me) just post your settings and what wheel you are using on XboxOne.

beetes_juice
06-08-2015, 16:47
Have to agree with Reaper on this one, the RUF's are great. Have you tried Jacks FFB (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24582-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-XB1-PS4-Spreadsheet) settings?

TheReaper GT
06-08-2015, 16:48
So "SOi The Reaper", I am not making things up! Its just what I am experiencing. I would be happy to have a better experience. I don't know what wheel you are using, but tell me please your complete settings and I would love to try this, since I bought the game to have fun, you know. I am not trying to offend anyone, just trying to find out, how to get the best experience out of it.

Thanks and best regards
Alexander
PS. probably you can (if you don't want to post this to everyone) send me a private notice, if you don't care (like me) just post your settings and what wheel you are using on XboxOne.

I don't use a wheel but I have friends that do, I'll gladly ask them for settings and send it to you if they care to share. Also, as beetes said, Jacks ffb are awesome and can help you a lot.

TrevorAustin
06-08-2015, 16:56

It's just the tyres on the road cars. All fixed in your next patch as pc got it in 2.5. They're all good now too

TrevorAustin
06-08-2015, 16:58

Thanks and best regards
Alexander

Seriously, do nothing and wait road cars 150% better.

TheReaper GT
06-08-2015, 16:58
It's just the tyres on the road cars. All fixed in your next patch as pc got it in 2.5. They're all good now too

True, I'm looking forward for the 3.0 patch, the Caterhams will be even more awesome :D

nissan4ever
06-08-2015, 17:25

That's good to hear. I think the Caterham & FWD cars are terrible, especially the Renault Megan. I guess if people didn't complain so much last time. They would already have up the patch notes for 3.0, lol. It's probably already being tested at Sony/Microsoft.

Olijke Poffer
06-08-2015, 17:37
I Stopped playing Pcars as well. I only can hope patch 3.0 will bring the joy. First I hoped to feel it with 1.4 and after that with 2.0. But still not the joy I expect to get. The waiting now is on 3.0 but I lost the faith this will make it the game I always wanted to play..
Although I can't judge this before the patch arrives.

AdM1
06-08-2015, 18:22
Chuffed to hear tyres are better on road cars because I was already having good fun with those as they were didn't know something was wrong with them tbh.

Knowing my luck I'll start getting trouble after the next patch.

TAGS Battfink
06-08-2015, 18:53
I just did a two hour race in the base RUF around bathhurst and in now way did it feel like a mini van, in fact i completely fell in love with it. I use a tx wheel.

Standard tune, default ffb (apart from.deadzone removal set to zero) 900 dor.

Man it felt.good

toffee
06-08-2015, 18:59
Sorry for my English.

You cannot compare Forza Project cars!

Forza is Arcade, no simulation in her car. This is not a serious game.

All cars in Forza are managed in the same way, they have no character.

And tires? Slicks glide, you can drift on F1, is this normal?

Rims are constantly blocked even at a speed of 300 KM/h and when braking they are heated to 180 degrees Celsius and cool down to 99 degrees for 7 seconds. This Simulator?

Tuning is child's play, also in Forza he did not correct in many places.

Race in Forza? It's funny. Race on 3 on non-existing tuning, defunct auto class, without qualification, without training, without wear rubber, without a pit stop and with a full tank of petrol.

And in Forza 6 will add 3D puddles "that do not exist in real races there are no puddles, and never has been. And if you don't start the race in such conditions.

I love Project Cars, and I hope that it will develop properly. And will not suffer nonsense as Turn 10.

little fella
06-08-2015, 19:10
Sorry for my English.

Rims are constantly blocked even at a speed of 300 KM/h and when braking they are heated to 180 degrees Celsius and cool down to 99 degrees for 7 seconds. This Simulator?

Race in Forza? It's funny. Race on 3 on non-existing tuning, defunct auto class, without qualification, without training, without wear rubber, without a pit stop and with a full tank of petrol.

And in Forza 6 will add 3D puddles "that do not exist in real races there are no puddles, and never has been. And if you don't start the race in such conditions.

I love Project Cars, and I hope that it will develop properly. And will not suffer nonsense as Turn 10.

Forza is not an arcade racing game in the traditional sense. Need for Speed is an arcade racer as is Ridge Racer and Burnout.Forza has always merged the line somewhere between an arcade racer such as the games I mentioned and proper racing sims traditionally found on the PC. I personally always found this balance very playable and exciting plus as a petrol head interested in cars I also enjoy the whole car collecting thing.
It certainly isn't nonsense just different in its approach to Project Cars.

Rockefelluh
06-08-2015, 19:12
That's good to hear. I think the Caterham & FWD cars are terrible, especially the Renault Megan. I guess if people didn't complain so much last time. They would already have up the patch notes for 3.0, lol. It's probably already being tested at Sony/Microsoft.

Hard for people not to complain when the game was not working to the degree pre patch 2.0.

Rockefelluh
06-08-2015, 19:15
Sorry for my English.

While I think Forza 6 has gotten away from sim, I still wouldn't call it arcade. A lot of the race techniques that work in Forza, serve well in PCARS. Especially with the assists turned off.

beetes_juice
06-08-2015, 19:24
Hard for people not to complain when the game was not working to the degree pre patch 2.0.

Think he's referring to the complanits due to the delay.

Others, don't turn this into forza vs PC. Other threads for that.

zacmaccraken
06-08-2015, 20:21
Ciao!

You do know that Ciao is hello......... right?! Haha!!

toffee
06-08-2015, 20:58
Forza is not an arcade racing game in the traditional sense. Need for Speed is an arcade racer as is Ridge Racer and Burnout.Forza has always merged the line somewhere between an arcade racer such as the games I mentioned and proper racing sims traditionally found on the PC. I personally always found this balance very playable and exciting plus as a petrol head interested in cars I also enjoy the whole car collecting thing.
It certainly isn't nonsense just different in its approach to Project Cars.

I believe that Forza competitor Gran Turismo, but not for Project Cars.

I think that Project Cars should become beautiful iRacing. This is a game about Motorsports.

Personally, I prefer the 5 cars with realistic physics than 30 implausible vehicle management.

Haiden
06-08-2015, 21:22
While I think Forza 6 has gotten away from sim, I still wouldn't call it arcade. A lot of the race techniques that work in Forza, serve well in PCARS. Especially with the assists turned off.

Since the release of PCars, my biggest problem with Forza is the FFB. I've tried playing Forza 5 again and just can't. The FFB is absolutely terrible. Now, on the other hand, F1 2015 also has different FFB handling than PCars, but it doesn't feel bad, just different. In fact, I like the feel of F1, and it only takes me about 3-5 laps to settle into each game, depending on how long I've been away from it. If Forza 6 handles like Forza 5, I don't think I'll be playing it much.

AdM1
06-08-2015, 21:25
Lol so many people bang on like Forza is as bad as NFS as a sim is concerned. I'd say Simcade, it's actually pretty good all assists off and sim steering on imo.

They are 2 different games though, better racing in PC1 but I had way more fun out of FM4 as a whole game so cant wait for FM6.

Forza wiped the floor with GT.

Gravit8
06-08-2015, 22:13
I think with the first release of a new gaming franchise we as a consumer probably shouldn't expect anything more than this. It's taken Forza and GT 6 or 7 iterations to get where PC has done in one game.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't ask for much since it's their first title? your wrong if you believe this is SMS first rodeo. This game is built off the backbone of a couple other racers they built before this one. Like GT or Forza is a constantly evolving process.

They have just established good games and reputations that didn't need to start over or evolve into something else. they also have advantage for consolers by virtue of being steady in that market and dedicated to it.

Make no mistake. SMS have been at this a while. Just PC only until recently.

jsykes
06-08-2015, 22:30
I've also stopped playing Pcars very much simply due to all the bugs. I cant sit down for one session and not have to deal with issues with the game. That takes all the fun out of it.

I compare Pcars and Forza in this way. Pcars is like a Ferrari and Forza, maybe a Corvette. The Ferrari, when everything is working right is definitely the better car and a lot more fun to drive and gives you a driving experience like no other. The problem is that it is too fragile and always is breaking down or stalling and needing to be restarted. So that takes all the fun out of taking it for a drive. When it works its great, but so often you dont get a good full and satisfying drive in it that it just gets old.

The Corvette is still a lot of fun. Maybe not as perfect as a Ferrari, but it works all the time and doesnt break down. So maybe its only 85% of the fun, its still pretty damn nice, but at least you always get to take full advantage of it and enjoy to the fullest extent. So in the end, you get more fun out of the drive cause it just works.

That is Pcars, great when it works, but I rarely get to go through a full session without some kind of an issue, so I put it on the shelf. I go back to Forza and while ultimately not as fully satisfying as Pcars, it just works and works to a pretty good level so I can actually enjoy it more.

Cant wait for FM6. Maybe if Pcars is actually working by then we'll have two enjoyable games. But at this point, I have more faith in driving FM6 off the showroom floor and enjoying it than I do I wont have to bring Pcars back to the mechanic over and over again.

myropa
06-08-2015, 22:49
Wow...5 pages without yelling and rude characterization. And a scholarly discussion as well. I am impressed. Way to go team!

chilyb
06-08-2015, 22:58
I just want to know the developers know about the major issues with the game and are addressing them. I like PCars initial reaction to problems.
They produced a patch straight away and at least attempted to fix problems. Unlike GT franchise that does not always acknowledge problems exist.

To be honest Project Cars has a way's to go to get as smooth as other games human interface wise. But with the funding and lack of big corporation, SMS did an awesome job.

I hope they clean up the tuning reset issue and the DS4/360 controller jitters when steering. The controller issue is much better on PC than on the PS4.
I use both versions and by a long way, PC version is better. Buggy, but better than Console version.

PC also has a cockpit view problem. Very high prospective shown via helmet cam I have not seen these views on PS4.

AdM1
06-08-2015, 23:41
I just want to know the developers know about the major issues with the game and are addressing them. I like PCars initial reaction to problems.
They produced a patch straight away and at least attempted to fix problems. Unlike GT franchise that does not always acknowledge problems exist.

Sadly things seem to have gone bitter so they are giving us as little info as they can.

Sampo
06-08-2015, 23:53
Sadly things seem to have gone bitter so they are giving us as little info as they can.

Nice hyperbole there. They are just not releasing info about the next patch before they know when it's going to be released. Last time people went crazy waiting for the patch after it was handed over to the console manufacturers and their QA prolonged the patch release.

Kulch
07-08-2015, 01:24
we all looked forward to playing this game in all its glory, but sadly it came a bit too late and it appears the community has moved on

Pcars is defo the better game, but the experience is tarnished with a feeling of isolation.

It would be good to know if MP is soo bugged we aren't getting the tru count of online lobbys or whether what we are seeing is a lack of people playing anymore because of the buggy X1 launch. the latter seems consistent with the current price of PCars and trade in value.

jason
07-08-2015, 01:35
I haven't moved on as for the other 20 aussies I play with regularly they haven't moved on and we are not about to as we are waiting in anticipation for this patch.

We have had issues and some of them sizeable in some cases and we do get upset as it can be very disruptive but we are enjoying the game and we will keep enjoying the game as long as it is supported and fixes are being looked at.

I for one have been outspoken on the product flaws but just cant walk away from something that has potential to wipe the floor with everything else that's available at the present time.

Rockefelluh
07-08-2015, 02:51
I haven't moved on as for the other 20 aussies I play with regularly they haven't moved on and we are not about to as we are waiting in anticipation for this patch.

We have had issues and some of them sizeable in some cases and we do get upset as it can be very disruptive but we are enjoying the game and we will keep enjoying the game as long as it is supported and fixes are being looked at.

I for one have been outspoken on the product flaws but just cant walk away from something that has potential to wipe the floor with everything else that's available at the present time.

You're on PS4. I don't think your experience of this game is the same as us on xbox.

jason
07-08-2015, 02:59
I must agree is doesn't sound the same from what I read and I am hoping you guys get some relief from the upcoming patch ........ Hopefully within the next 7 days. I also hope there are people from xbox who will come back and give it a go after the patch release , I do understand what you are saying and I do hope there is a community left for you once it is fixed.

beetes_juice
07-08-2015, 04:14
All the folks extolling the handling, have you ever driven a real car? No not a racing car, just a car on the road?

Did a race last night at Brands Hatch in the Focus RS. NB This is a road car, sold in the UK where the roads allow us to drive at up to 70mph. In the game the Focus can't take open corners on a race track ie using the whole width and the racing line, on supposedly track tyres at 60mph. Now in reality the RS can drive on an A class road at 60mph on road tyres, keeping to it's own lane and not understeer itself and it's occupants into the nearest tree or lamppost.

Now tell me again just why the handling is so good in this game?

Had to test this out myself. Not the best handling car but consistently hitting 65-75 going through T1, T4, T5, T6, T7, and T9 on Brands. JW, have you taken an RS around Brands? I haven't so just want to some insight on the handling with this car?

bumpkin
07-08-2015, 07:31
Had to test this out myself. Not the best handling car but consistently hitting 65-75 going through T1, T4, T5, T6, T7, and T9 on Brands. JW, have you taken an RS around Brands? I haven't so just want to some insight on the handling with this car?

The point is that to do that with RS you need warm tyres (probably changed to track??) and the full width of the circuit. Where I live you are lucky to find dual carriageway yet I know people with the RS who do not have to dawdle around at 30mph to get around corners, even on road tyres when they have just left the house ie cold road tyres!

TrevorAustin
07-08-2015, 08:18
The point is that to do that with RS you need warm tyres (probably changed to track??) and the full width of the circuit. Where I live you are lucky to find dual carriageway yet I know people with the RS who do not have to dawdle around at 30mph to get around corners, even on road tyres when they have just left the house ie cold road tyres!

However you are on xbox1 and haven't got the'fixed' tyres, so the only bits you've read about the good handling you seem to have completely missed the fact that is since patch 2.5, prior to that pretty much all road cars handled utter pants.

bumpkin
07-08-2015, 08:31
Thanks for that Trevor, does beg the question why when a game was supposedly in development with testers (who you would presume would only pay to be a tester if they were motorsport afficianoados) for so long with so many delays that it has taken 3 patches to fix supposedly one of the games selling points and some customers have yet to receive that patch??

Lagoa
07-08-2015, 08:45
Thanks for that Trevor, does beg the question why when a game was supposedly in development with testers (who you would presume would only pay to be a tester if they were motorsport afficianoados) for so long with so many delays that it has taken 3 patches to fix supposedly one of the games selling points and some customers have yet to receive that patch??

That's indeed weird... Haven't played one road car event because I don't like driving them.. And now 3 months after release, all of a sudden they are 'fun' and 'nice' to drive...
LOl.. Seriously

TrevorAustin
07-08-2015, 09:21

To be honest i don't know, I've said they were erm, 'not good' from day one. I think everybody just drove the race cars and believed the theory that the road cars just weren't as good on the track as racecars and people list tbeir perception of speed on a racetrack, because thats always the accepted excuse on the internet.

But when i can corner better in real life in my auto civic than an R8 wiyh track tyres it was clear something was wrong:) especially as the r8 on a track is light years ahead in real life.

But due to the majority just accepting and being told i needed to learn how to drive, etc. I guess it took a while to get accepted.

However, after 2.5 thwy genuinely feel as close to real life as you can get on a game, personally i think with a controller people might srill struggle, but then i can't drive wiith a controller anyway:)

KkDrummer
07-08-2015, 09:26
patch 3.0 notes are out!!! http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36676-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Patch-3-0-Release-notes&p=1076329#post1076329

barmydoughnut
07-08-2015, 09:47
The game may not have been where people expected it to be at the beginning but read through patch 3 notes as I feel this is a he biggest improvement so far.

KkDrummer
07-08-2015, 10:54
yeah...it is massive!!! i've gone through the whole list, but did not see the pit stop bug listed, the one with all 4 tires overheating right after coming out of the pits...sure it should've been fixed now. I remember reading something about it after 2.0. Fingers crossed!

Raven403
07-08-2015, 11:37
i also didnt see anything that relates to Game Chat fixing, or Lobby stability issue fixed = IF those arent addressed everything else is fluff to me

jsykes
07-08-2015, 14:17
I cant believe all the praise they're getting for this "massive" and "epic" patch. Other than a few things, all of this should have been done from the start. All the size of this shows is how ****** up this game was from the start. They should be thanked for fixing things, but they shouldnt be praised for finally doing the things that should have been right from the start. http://www.vwvortex.com/Anthony/Smilies/banghead.gif

IJerichoI
07-08-2015, 14:21
I cant believe all the praise they're getting for this "massive" and "epic" patch. Other than a few things, all of this should have been done from the start. All the size of this shows is how fucked up this game was from the start. They should be thanked for fixing things, but they shouldnt be praised for finally doing the things that should have been right from the start. http://www.vwvortex.com/Anthony/Smilies/banghead.gif

Well, other studios won't stand to their promises and never fix things or completely abandon the game. I think it is time to move forward now, not to argue about things which went wrong more than 3 months ago. Consider this game is a really ambitious project for an indie studio without publishers giving money.

TheReaper GT
07-08-2015, 14:22
I cant believe all the praise they're getting for this "massive" and "epic" patch. Other than a few things, all of this should have been done from the start. All the size of this shows is how fucked up this game was from the start. They should be thanked for fixing things, but they shouldnt be praised for finally doing the things that should have been right from the start. http://www.vwvortex.com/Anthony/Smilies/banghead.gif

Yeah, aknowledge a good job is never a good thing to do... :rolleyes: Imagine the effect of a good word on people, just shameful :rolleyes:

OverHaased
07-08-2015, 14:40
I have always wondered if this Title was released in it's unfinished state due to community pressure or financial obligations?

I know back in the summer of 2014 the Internet was just going crazy with sneak peaks and demonstrations of Project Cars. I was so hooked I probably watched a hundred hours of YouTube clips of the game. The very first day it was available for pre-order I was in. Ordered and waiting....and waited...and waited. This over exuberance was entirely my fault but it sure did look like the greatest thing ever and I was so fed up with Forza that I just could not wait for SMS to get this sucker out. So I sure was part of the public pressure being applied and after 4 or 5 announced delays I was standing at the pick up counter at Best Buy picking up my disc on launch day.

So maybe the game should have been left off the shelf for a few more months and SMS could have possibly gotten it to a post 3.0 level before release, (Or not as it seems it needed us to beta test it for them)

So was it knowing that Forza 6 would be out in the summer that pushed this game out unfinished? That they needed to earn enough money for the 4 months it was not in competition with a second generation Forza? To pull in monies to recompense for several years of investment? Or was it to shut up all of us fanatical consumers that were screaming like spoiled children for our game?

d4ninho
07-08-2015, 14:45
no lobby chat fix
not fixing the pit stops just adding a feature that lets us see what tyres we pick yet who knows what tyres the car will leave with or it they are the right pressures.
nothing to help leagues review incidents only the ability to take a photo in a replay which is good for? not gonna be used to showcase our own paint designs, so why did we need the option to take a picture in a replay, i'm lost.

it seems that to get the perfect race game you need to mix forza and pcars together, turn 10 buy out this studio please.....

Raven403
07-08-2015, 14:52
So maybe the game should have been left off the shelf for a few more months and SMS could have possibly gotten it to a post 3.0 level before release, (Or not as it seems it needed us to beta test it for them)

This. Thats exactly what happened. We just paid for the priviledge to test and bug report. I wonder how much would've actually got noticed (On Xbox anyway) without it, as it seems no one at SMS played the Xbox version very much.

beetes_juice
07-08-2015, 14:58
no lobby chat fix
not fixing the pit stops just adding a feature that lets us see what tyres we pick yet who knows what tyres the car will leave with or it they are the right pressures.

While the notes don't say "Red tire fix for coming out of the pits" there are a few in there that seem to be along the lines of a fix.

* Fixed more cases where a vehicle’s default setup would not be correctly applied.

* Fixed an issue that at times caused a setup from one car to be applied to a different car.

* Fixed an issue where, if you customized a setup that was automatically loaded from your saved setups, and then drive and return to pits, the customized setup would be lost and your setup will be reset to the previously saved setup.

* Fixed an issue in online races where the pit crew would ignore any changes made to the pit strategy once the player’s car was stationary in the pit box.

nothing to help leagues review incidents only the ability to take a photo in a replay which is good for? not gonna be used to showcase our own paint designs, so why did we need the option to take a picture in a replay, i'm lost.

Couldn't you take a photo of someone cutting a corner or dive bombing a player??

it seems that to get the perfect race game you need to mix forza and pcars together, turn 10 buy out this studio please.....

That made me laugh.

IJerichoI
07-08-2015, 15:01
To add to d4ninho's point about the league review: You'll have the ability to change cars in the replay, and then you can review and take photos.

jsykes
07-08-2015, 15:22
I cant believe all the praise they're getting for this "massive" and "epic" patch. Other than a few things, all of this should have been done from the start. All the size of this shows is how ****** up this game was from the start. They should be thanked for fixing things, but they shouldnt be praised for finally doing the things that should have been right from the start. http://www.vwvortex.com/Anthony/Smilies/banghead.gif

Well, other studios won't stand to their promises and never fix things or completely abandon the game. I think it is time to move forward now, not to argue about things which went wrong more than 3 months ago. Consider this game is a really ambitious project for an indie studio without publishers giving money.

Yeah, aknowledge a good job is never a good thing to do... :rolleyes: Imagine the effect of a good word on people, just shameful :rolleyes:

For those with reading comprehension issues, look at my quote again reading the bolded part. I said they should be THANKED for fixing the game, however, the brown nosing praise going on in the patch thread is sickening, like they just added a full new game of DLC for free or something.

Acknowledging them fixing it is good, falling down praising them just feeds their belief that they've done an awesome job, which imo hasnt happened.

Haiden
07-08-2015, 15:28

Ha! If Turn10 bought this studio, we'd see a very polished game in the next iteration, and then no new innovation or functionality for ten years, until another indie studio decided to push envelope. But we'd have a paint shop and 400+ cars, although we'd be forced to grind our way up to the 20 we actually want. :) Personally, I'd prefer Turn10 stay away from this franchise. Too bad it couldn't work the other way around, though--SMS buying Turn10, absorbing their technical expertise, but retaining creative lead and directing innovation. Because while SMS might not have the best testing process, they at least listen to the community and work to create a better product, not just a bigger product (queue Greenawalt: "This really is the biggest Forza yet."). Turn10 has great testing, but they basically do what they want, and don't seem to care what the community is asking for. If they did, rain effects would have come to Forza two or three versions ago, and the FFB would be a lot better.

Nelson Pacheco
07-08-2015, 16:28
I have always wondered if this Title was released in it's unfinished state due to community pressure or financial obligations?

I know back in the summer of 2014 the Internet was just going crazy with sneak peaks and demonstrations of Project Cars. I was so hooked I probably watched a hundred hours of YouTube clips of the game. The very first day it was available for pre-order I was in. Ordered and waiting....and waited...and waited. This over exuberance was entirely my fault but it sure did look like the greatest thing ever and I was so fed up with Forza that I just could not wait for SMS to get this sucker out. So I sure was part of the public pressure being applied and after 4 or 5 announced delays I was standing at the pick up counter at Best Buy picking up my disc on launch day.

So was it knowing that Forza 6 would be out in the summer that pushed this game out unfinished? That they needed to earn enough money for the 4 months it was not in competition with a second generation Forza? To pull in monies to recompense for several years of investment? Or was it to shut up all of us fanatical consumers that were screaming like spoiled children for our game?
I think probably the 2 reasons you said are correct.

I do not agree with that part off you are beta testing the game... this game was tested by hundreds of people months and months
Ok... we didnt get all errors fixed in time of the release.. so many are having a bad experience of gaming, i agree.
But patches are coming out, and that's important to know!

IJerichoI
07-08-2015, 16:58
For those with reading comprehension issues, look at my quote again reading the bolded part. I said they should be THANKED for fixing the game, however, the brown nosing praise going on in the patch thread is sickening, like they just added a full new game of DLC for free or something.

Acknowledging them fixing it is good, falling down praising them just feeds their belief that they've done an awesome job, which imo hasnt happened.

Indeed, I overread that. However, no need to become insulting.

On the other hand - I don't see any problem with that, as for the devs, who worked 7-day weeks in the few months before release, it is a really encouraging feeling. I think there is nothing wrong with that "praising". Obviously this is just how a big part of the community feels.

OverHaased
07-08-2015, 17:13
I do not agree with that part off you are beta testing the game... this game was tested by hundreds of people months and months

Well it has now been "tested" by several thousand people for nearly 4 months. We have reported game crippling bugs from day one. Many of these reports are being responded to, For this I am grateful, but many, (and I mean that in its purest sense) bugs are so glaringly obvious it makes me ask why they would have ever been allowed to release in that state? This is an honest question and not some kind of dig at the developers or even the WMD testers. It is a question about the ethics of selling a product. How can you ethically sell something that was so unready? Was it greed? Was it pressure from investors? Was it fear of not being in front of the competition?

It is sort of water under the bridge now. I just feel I have been given a glimpse at what might have been or possibly could become exactly what I personally have always wanted in a racing game. It makes me ask the big question; Do I expect more then what is possible to create for this generation of Gaming Consoles? Did SMS over reach their desired goals?

widcard
08-08-2015, 04:42
I have read a lot of post over the last 3 months and there is a recurring tone, an innuendo of sorts, or something is phrased a certain way that keeps suggesting xbox one owners should some how feel privileged that patches are coming to bring about the original intended end result that many thought they were getting on day one.... It's like some form of throwing a curve ball at you attempting to distract from the reality that we did get used for beta testing....... and I'm okay with that, but don't suggest other wise' it's insulting.

We're Xbox one owners and all we want is to play Project Cars and have it live up to the expectations that we were for Months? Years? Vigorously sold an idea of what to expect.

We all paid in good faith for those expectations.

But insulting us over and over with this double talk is getting real old.

Rockefelluh
08-08-2015, 05:33
I've had enough of the brown nosing. Yeah I am happy for post launch support, but look how long it has taken to make the game work with some stability and features missing. 3 years of testing. Supposedly working on all platforms equally, yet we didn't see PS4 videos till a month before release, and Xbox was a few days before (1 video). I should have known it was going to have fairly sized bugs!

FYI: saying thanks is fine. 5 exclamation marks with 3 smily faces and 10 thank you's is...weird.

FA RACING 01
08-08-2015, 07:23
Personally I believe SMS deserves the praise for their dedicated efforts to sort out the issues and I dont have a problem that we had to help a little bit with that. At least we were part of the solutions to a certain extent. What do leave a bad taste in my mouth is some (not playing on XBox) that start betting on the Patchnote thread that first complaints will be XBox related. Talking about noses....... when you have absolutely no clue of the XBoxers frustrations.

Patch 3 looks a big and welcome relief, so I thank SMS for that.

Henk de Jong
08-08-2015, 08:08
Well it has now been "tested" by several thousand people for nearly 4 months.

Months do go pretty fast but not that fast, Pcars has been released 3 months to the day when you posted. For me (PC) there have not been any "crippling" bugs but the game has improved with the patches. Of course I can't tell about any of the console releases because I'm a PC only gamer.

bluesky0870
08-08-2015, 14:22
What do leave a bad taste in my mouth is some (not playing on XBox) that start betting on the Patchnote thread that first complaints will be XBox related. Talking about noses....... when you have absolutely no clue of the XBoxers frustrations.

Does that really surprise and/or impress you? I can promise you that I'll "fulfill" their bets as soon as I find an annoying issue. The chances to win a bet on seeing somthing working broken after patch release aren't that bad either...
In my eyes there's no need to thank for the patch right now before release or even to praise someone. If the patch works as intented I am honestly and respectfully willing to say thank you for the "upgrades and improvements", but definately not for the bug fixes. In what world are we living? Does one have to be thankful to get a product fixed to a shape that should be normal at release? It is 3 month later...

Haiden
08-08-2015, 14:40
Months do go pretty fast but not that fast, Pcars has been released 3 months to the day when you posted. For me (PC) there have not been any "crippling" bugs but the game has improved with the patches. Of course I can't tell about any of the console releases because I'm a PC only gamer.

Then I'm sorry, but you're really not helping here. I'm glad your PC install didn't have any crippling bugs. Is that supposed to make Xb1 users feel better about the game? Should I just sit back with a smile dreaming of the day my console version functions as well as the PC version? Next time I lose a setup save, or roll out of the pits with bad tires or the wrong setup, I'll remember to tell myself that it's okay, because this doesn't happen in the PC version. :)

I've had enough of the brown nosing. Yeah I am happy for post launch support, but look how long it has taken to make the game work with some stability and features missing. 3 years of testing. Supposedly working on all platforms equally, yet we didn't see PS4 videos till a month before release, and Xbox was a few days before (1 video). I should have known it was going to have fairly sized bugs!

FYI: saying thanks is fine. 5 exclamation marks with 3 smily faces and 10 thank you's is...weird.

It is weird. Kind of like being punched in the face, and then smiling and blushing like a giddy school girl when the assailant hands you a handkerchief to tend to your bloody nose. "Oh, thank you, sir! That's so kind of you! You're the best!!!! I'm so glad you didn't just walk away and leave me bleeding, like some people would have. You deserve some credit for that."

Am I glad they're fixing it? Yes. But I'm sorry. I don't fawn over people for doing what they were supposed to do in the first place. I reserve that type of gratuitous encouragement for five-year-olds. SMS is only doing what they were supposed to do in the first place--meeting their obligations and finally delivering the game that was promised. I thank them for it, but I refuse to praise them, because I don't think praise is deserved, and I don't want this to become a regular practice with game developers. If they think gamers will tolerate this type of treatment, then we'll see more of it.

I was very tolerant the first couple months, probably more than I should have been. The game was shiny, and I'd been stuck playing Forza 5 for more than two years. Even in a buggy state PCars felt like fresh air. But it's been three months. The shine has worn off, and regardless of how innovative it is, the game was obviously released in an incomplete state. As someone above mentioned, many of these "bugs" were so glaringly obvious that there are only two ways they could have made it through to the release. Either the Xb1 version wasn't tested properly, or it was tested, and SMS decided it was just good enough, and that they'd fix it later. Hopefully, with PCars2, they will wait until all versions of the game are properly tested and debugged before releasing them to the public. The fact that I have to "hope" this will be done--that basic quality assurance procedures are followed--is why I'm not praising them for fixing it. When the game is functioning properly, and I can play career mode and have a fairly trouble-free online experience, then I'll praise them for create a fantastic game. Until then, all I can say is: This game has massive potential. Thanks for fixing the bugs. I'm looking forward to the stable build.

Goods_1973
08-08-2015, 17:01
So basically you don't like simulators,,,
Forza is an Arcade game...
Adieu looks like you won't be missed.
Pcars team keep up the good work with patches tracks and cars. I'm a massive fan, Forza = get smashed off lap after lap....

Forza sh6t

FoxMulder
08-08-2015, 17:17
Nothing here that hasn't been said a million times already. Nice to see this forum's going round in circles since release, shows me what kind of people I've to expect in online mp.

smitdog
08-08-2015, 17:40
I appreciate what Webcruise stated, I feel the game is entirely too hard to set up ie, rebound that page I dont even try etc....
I am new to the forumn but have been playing the game since it came out, I was playing GT6 w/Fanatec Club Sport equipment. So I do take this simulation racing very seriously.
With other games GT6 & Forza5 there are apps you can get that help with set-up algorythyms. Which is my question? where is the app for this?
I chose Xbox1 instead of PS4 probably my mistake,because the app from GT Tuning Wizard was/is awesome. I love the Project Cars game with the exception of set-up & having your lap time invalidated with the slightest wheel off track.
Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.

OpticalHercules
08-08-2015, 17:57
Nothing here that hasn't been said a million times already. Nice to see this forum's going round in circles since release, shows me what kind of people I've to expect in online mp.

Well this is a car racing game, and these are car racing gamers. Going around in circles is what we live for!

AdM1
08-08-2015, 18:07
I'm still not convinced there's a fix coming in 3.0 for the tune save bug tbh.. We will see, just a bit skeptical.

TheReaper GT
08-08-2015, 18:08
I'm still not convinced there's a fix coming in 3.0 for the tune save bug tbh.. We will see, just a bit skeptical.

The PC 2.5 patch mention that fix, I'm assuming the 3.0 brings all 2.5 fixes to consoles.

AdM1
08-08-2015, 18:18
Yeah I hope your right it's just none of these seem to match the same problem I have but hopefully I'm wrong.

* Fixed an issue where a damaged headlights would not get repaired if the player had damage level set to ‘Visual Damage Only’.
* Fixed more cases where a vehicle’s default setup would not be correctly applied.
* Reworked the naming of several tyre compounds to make the names more indicative of their purpose, and to ensure that front and rear compound names match when set to the same compound.
* Restrict pit strategy tyre compound types to only those available for the current vehicle.
* Accessing Pit Strategy in single player during non-race sessions no longer pauses the game.
* Tweaks to AI pit logic to ensure they pit in proper mandatory window in races that feature a mandatory pitstop.
* Fixed an issue that at times caused a setup from one car to be applied to a different car.
* Ensure that the Default pitstop strategy is set to the Active one on each session start, to prevent issues with previously configured and now irrelevant strategies being active.
* Fixed an issue where, if you customized a setup that was automatically loaded from your saved setups, and then drive and return to pits, the customized setup would be lost and your setup will be reset to the previously saved setup.
* Fixed an issue in online races where the pit crew would ignore any changes made to the pit strategy once the player’s car was stationary in the pit box.

The problem I am having is I can only save a certain amount of tunes for each car, once I reach the limit it wont let me save no matter what I do. None of those above mention that problem.

Im Sorry
08-08-2015, 19:35
How is it the people that have something smart to say in this forum never seem to play on Xbox!!

smitdog
08-08-2015, 19:54
How is it the people that have something smart to say in this forum never seem to play on Xbox!!

Im still trying to get set-ups correct in career mode, so Im not crashing people

OpticalHercules
08-08-2015, 20:20

I agree. I don't expect anything on the save-loss problem either. Hopefully this patch will fix enough issues that the Save-File problems as a whole will become the leading topic on the xbox subforum and we have hope for attention to it in patch 3.x.

AdM1
08-08-2015, 20:26
I agree. I don't expect anything on the save-loss problem either. Hopefully this patch will fix enough issues that the Save-File problems as a whole will become the leading topic on the xbox subforum and we have nope for attention to it in patch 3.x.

Fingers crossed, the thread has been there for a while now if its not fixed I'll be shouting it from the rooftops lol.

Im Sorry
08-08-2015, 20:34
Im still trying to get set-ups correct in career mode, so Im not crashing people

I'm referring to people who comment that play on PC and ps4!

Rockefelluh
09-08-2015, 02:45

So why are you looking at the Xbox forums?

If there is an issue with the problem, it is the consumers right to not only bring it to attention of the developers, but their right to continue to ask for support and fixes. There are people here who genuinely want this game to work and voice their continued (and often valid) concerns to the developers in hopes of getting the features that were discussed pre launch.

TwistedPickle
10-08-2015, 23:01
I love this game.......when it works. Loading screen still freezes and need a full abox reset. FFB comes and goes when it pleases. My race engineer has been on vacation for 2 months. My newest issue is my car will only turn right. Again the wheel and xbox need a full reset. I havent seen a blue flag in forever! I am scared to start the game again because of what will show up next. The idea of popping into the game room for a quick race terrifies me and is now frustrating me almost to the point of avoiding it all together. I totally agree with the "over the top" praise and brown nosing at the devs for patching the game it reminds me of a sketch from "The Meaning of life"
Let us praise God. Oh Lord, oooh you are so big. So absolutely huge. Gosh, we’re all really impressed down here I can tell you. Forgive us, O Lord, for this dreadful toadying and barefaced flattery. But you are so strong and, well, just so super. Fantastic. Amen."

As previous posts have said, i really want this game to work!