PDA

View Full Version : One of,If not THE best rig setups Ive seen to-date.SWEET!.

UKpitbull
06-08-2015, 23:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19KGiO5aNLk

:cool::yes::yes:

Shaun1984
07-08-2015, 00:40
I'm not a fan, what is the point if you can only see 1/3 of the dash? No side mirrors or anything

kacperflak
07-08-2015, 02:19
The real field of view make only sense when somebody have 3 massive screens (not more than 1m from face), otherwise most efficient fov in cockpit view for all single screens is 95' (human eyeball fov) with windshield starts above center of horizontal line of the display.

UKpitbull
07-08-2015, 02:44
Yeah it would be ideal with 3 screens,no doubting that...
He got back to me saying he's running a single R9 270X .(ahh bless!).

Shaun1984
07-08-2015, 08:10
My setup, still working on fov in Project cars as the support for triples is still basic. iRacing works it all out for you based on bezel, distance to screen and screen size.

Silraed
07-08-2015, 08:26
I have to agree with others though that that kind of FOV on a single monitor just doesn't have much appeal. I can't imagine having much success trying to go wheel to wheel through a corner with such limited view.

My setup, still working on fov in Project cars as the support for triples is still basic. iRacing works it all out for you based on bezel, distance to screen and screen size.

To say I am a little jealous of your rig would be a massive understatement. What size screens are they by the way?

Shaun1984
07-08-2015, 10:52
40inch, the stand I have can hold triple 50's but where do you draw the line haha

steviraikkonen
07-08-2015, 14:35
Mind if I ask, what's your total cost? Looks ace!

UKpitbull
07-08-2015, 20:35
,ss/$$,ss...?

UKpitbull
07-08-2015, 20:40
He's either single(no wife,kids) or has an extremelly well paid profession

kjay
07-08-2015, 21:10
I'm not a fan, what is the point if you can only see 1/3 of the dash? No side mirrors or anything
I find that view to be the most realistic in terms of what you see outside the car. Once you narrow the view enough to see the rear and side mirrors, the view becomes unrealistic. If you are a hotlapper you don't need those mirrors and a wide angle is the way to go.
I tried it in the past but it just doesn't work when you are trying to race with others.

Kruleworld
09-08-2015, 03:19
I see he's using an aftermarket wheel, but stock shifter flappy-paddles, so he has to really reach around to change gear.

mrbrownnose
09-08-2015, 09:49
You could start a driving school with that setup. Very impressive. Don't build me a woman buildt me a rig 10ft tall:cool:

Fanapryde
09-08-2015, 10:26
What this guys should do is extend his paddle shifters.
He can barely reach them, therefor he has to move his hand towards them too much...

Edit: dang... Missed Kruleworld's post ...

Zenzic
09-08-2015, 11:57
40inch, the stand I have can hold triple 50's but where do you draw the line haha

Easy! If your stand supports 50 then you draw the line at 50... :D

yusupov
09-08-2015, 12:01
The real field of view make only sense when somebody have 3 massive screens (not more than 1m from face), otherwise most efficient fov in cockpit view for all single screens is 95' (human eyeball fov) with windshield starts above center of horizontal line of the display.

wow, that is...truly awful advice.

yusupov
09-08-2015, 12:03
He's either single(no wife,kids) or has an extremelly well paid profession

...no, outside of the cockpit, which doesnt even factor in the video, its an extremely cheap setup. anyone who has a wheel could do it if they wanted.

yusupov
09-08-2015, 12:05
since some of these comments probably come from the same people who think historic spa is going to be 'too boring', this is the same idea just with a less canny camera placement -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rjtiuxe_cI

TAGS Battfink
09-08-2015, 14:43
Check out digiprost on youtube, his viewpoint is wicked. Heres mine. Not an expensive setup but i love it!

Fight-Test
09-08-2015, 15:01
I have accurate field of view and no mirrors show. I have look left and right mapped to wheel when I need to look into them. The fact that I need mirrors a hand full of times a race makes them pretty irrelevant. I use Look back 10 times as much. I'm used to racing karts and they have no mirrors. I'll take accurate field of view of mirrors that are used a few times a game any day. Alot of misinformation in here.

Fanapryde
09-08-2015, 15:13
The fact that I need mirrors a hand full of times a race makes them pretty irrelevant. I use Look back 10 times as much. I'm used to racing karts and they have no mirrors.
Ah, so you are looking back the whole time when racing karts ? :D
This information does not stick either IMO.
IRL you have peripheral view, which you lack when having only one screen to look at, correct FOV or not...

Fight-Test
09-08-2015, 16:13
Only when someone is on side of me. Which u can feel and don't need mirrors for. Like I said I have look right and left on the wheel if I need mirrors which is hardly ever. Mostly on straights. U never look back in karts. U have a neck roll so u can't even turn head. U just feel it. No need for mirrors.

I was talking about look back button. If I need to look behind I can just use that. Fov is way too wide if u zoom out with one screen. I'm focused on where I'm going, not what other drivers are doing unless I mess up or one is on side of me. Not alot of side by side racing so the wide periphials isn't that important.

Fanapryde
09-08-2015, 17:38
Only when someone is on side of me. Which u can feel and don't need mirrors for. Like I said I have look right and left on the wheel if I need mirrors which is hardly ever. Mostly on straights. U never look back in karts. U have a neck roll so u can't even turn head. U just feel it. No need for mirrors.

I was talking about look back button. If I need to look behind I can just use that. Fov is way too wide if u zoom out with one screen. I'm focused on where I'm going, not what other drivers are doing unless I mess up or one is on side of me. Not alot of side by side racing so the wide periphials isn't that important.
I mapped looking left/right to my wheel also, but for starters that is not very usefull. It reacts too slow and gives a weird feeling.
Looking back does not help if a car is on your side.
And unlike IRL you can't "feel" this in the game with these AI drivers.
Triple screens would be a huge improvement.

Oh, and FYI, I have raced 125 shifter karts for several years, no need explaining how that feels...:)

TrevorAustin
09-08-2015, 18:03
I think it looks fantastic, especially considering he's using such low settings.

He's clearly time trialling on his own and loving it, love the fact that he then gets lectured on incorrect science:) of coursr there is such a thing as personal preference, it's right there!

How do we choose "real field of view" is that a camera setting I've missed?

Fight-Test
10-08-2015, 20:31
I mapped looking left/right to my wheel also, but for starters that is not very usefull. It reacts too slow and gives a weird feeling.
Looking back does not help if a car is on your side.
And unlike IRL you can't "feel" this in the game with these AI drivers.
Triple screens would be a huge improvement.

Oh, and FYI, I have raced 125 shifter karts for several years, no need explaining how that feels...:)

You have a little map thing, you have timing of how far back they are. You have a rear mirror and you will know if you mess up and lose time resulting in them making a passing attempt and you should know where not to be based on that. So the chance of me hitting someone on the side of me has nothing to do with mirrors. If I have all that info and with that you can feel where they are because you know where they are and how far they are back. If someone dives inside whats that little mirror gonna help? I know someone is there. Its alot easier than your making it out to be. I guess the best thing to say is i have no issue with feeling the traffic around me. I rarely need to look on sides and its mostly on straight. I know if someone is diving in and if I have concern of where someone is I can look on the map and look at time diff. They seem to be in blindspot more than not when you look to sides anyway. I can look right or left in corners with no issue, just don't really ever need to. I race gt3 so maybe its needed more in open wheel.

Fanapryde
10-08-2015, 21:18
You have a little map thing, you have timing of how far back they are. You have a rear mirror and you will know if you mess up and lose time resulting in them making a passing attempt and you should know where not to be based on that. So the chance of me hitting someone on the side of me has nothing to do with mirrors. If I have all that info and with that you can feel where they are because you know where they are and how far they are back. If someone dives inside whats that little mirror gonna help? I know someone is there. Its alot easier than your making it out to be. I guess the best thing to say is i have no issue with feeling the traffic around me. I rarely need to look on sides and its mostly on straight. I know if someone is diving in and if I have concern of where someone is I can look on the map and look at time diff. They seem to be in blindspot more than not when you look to sides anyway. I can look right or left in corners with no issue, just don't really ever need to. I race gt3 so maybe its needed more in open wheel.
The map is more or less useless without the possibility to zoom in. When the dots (imaging te cars) overlap, they can be next to you or 20 meters behind, very hard to tell. Moreover you don't even know on which side they will be, because you can barely hear the other engines.
Try looking for an upcoming opponent in your rear view mirror at night... You can't see him, because his lights are not visible. Only possible while looking back, and I personally don't like to use that button when going into a corner.
And if you are guessing wrong about where the AI is, you can get pushed off track, get a penalty for cutting and in the end get a DSQ.