PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS - All Platforms - Patch 3.0 - Release notes - OUT NOW on PC, PS4, XB1

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Jd42
07-08-2015, 22:46
Oooohhhhh my thanks soooo much! You guys rock!!!! Looking forward to this update! Dlc cars can now be used in career mode!!!!! Fuch KIN A!! Bentley here I come.!:topsy_turvy::smiley_simmons::smiley_simmons::applouse::applouse::applouse:

Kain NL
07-08-2015, 22:49
Does the leaderboard reset also mean that the leaderboards will be split into same car only track times, FOR CONSOLES, I know pc already has got it.

Okay...limited server issue....so get some dedicated servers on the double!!! LoL

My love hate relationship with this game is finally turning to the loved side...
Hope the continous random ffb loss is also fixed with the crash ffb loss!!!

alien_georg
07-08-2015, 22:50
I have a original Version and its registered by steam, but there no updates installed or any Patch and the game was correct installed.

MLT24
07-08-2015, 22:51
Can you elaborate on "New – Friends Leaderboards – players can now toggle between viewing ‘ALL’ and ‘FRIENDS ONLY’ on the leaderboards screen." Hopefully this will be per car and per track, if not it is useless.

Also, again, no fix to the Online Lobbies, AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still like getting on an elevator with 40 floors and no way to know what floor you are looking for. Would be such and easy thing to do to add just one more level of filter, NO ASSIST AT ALL FILTER. WHy on why, this is a SIM game isn't it?????????????????????????????????? Just boggles the mind. Senseless. Shameful. I am dumbfounded!

TheReaper GT
07-08-2015, 22:52
I have a original Version and its registered by steam, but there no updates installed or any Patch and the game was correct installed.

Go to the game install folder, right click on the exe file, properties, the file version should be 2.5.0.0

Fre.Mo
07-08-2015, 22:56
There are still three of the above listed issues that are being tested internally guys. We won't ship to the first parties until we're fairly confident there are no knock on issues.

I asked Stephen to post this patch up early as it is extensive and the team have been working very hard on it. I realise we've been quiet for a while and I wanted you all to know the reason why.

Wow, some sms team members are working in August. Don t forget to get some holidays... Even if testing the game all the day is not a real job, I m volunteer to be a crash test dummy :smile-new:

Megalomanic87
07-08-2015, 22:59
Both forms are wrong, we don't catch all of them however. We are a volunteer moderator group. We are trying our best for no money. What do you want further?

As long as they are both wrong, seen plenty from my time here.
For no money you should be happy to be involved in such a community :).

AdM1
07-08-2015, 22:59
Both forms are wrong, we don't catch all of them however. We are a volunteer moderator group. We are trying our best for no money. What do you want further?

That thread you just locked, I was waiting a response from another mod so thanks maybe I'll ask in here? Oh no we aren't aloud.

Sigh :rolleyes:.

Mahjik
07-08-2015, 23:09
As long as they are both wrong, seen plenty from my time here.
For no money you should be happy to be involved in such a community :).

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23553-The-AI-discussion-(all-platforms)&p=1075908&viewfull=1#post1075908

Did you see this? No. Just like, we don't see them all either. To be honest, we get help from users using the "report" function most of the time. Mods cannot read everything (just like you). With that, that's enough of this topic for this thread.

Kain NL
07-08-2015, 23:10
Cut Track / Off Track System
Enhanced Cut Track detection system – the system used to detect cut tracks is now far more accurate and 'fair'. Many tracks were reworked to address specific issues where the cut track detection was either too loose or too strict. Players will no longer receive warnings for driving off track in the grass and other surfaces when not actually gaining time by doing so. The new system provides for scalability in strictness across game modes, to match real life application. The rules enforcement gets progressively stricter from Free Practice to Race to Time Trial.

Is it also made fair and in 1 line between the different disciplines ? Because there is a huge difference in getting penalized in a online race or in a time trial race, for the same track, at the moment !!!

Im Sorry
07-08-2015, 23:11

What do you want for no money!!!!

This place cracks me up.😜

ChrisK
07-08-2015, 23:33
It will not be in this game i am confident. It would require running the STM the model for replays and potentially exploding the replay file size.

***ATTENTION: please DO NOT about items NOT listed in the first post. We should ONLY discuss items listed in the first within this thread.

***Please use another thread for items NOT mentioned in post #1. And if you search there is probablt already an existing thread for every topic/question/idea already!

I started a new thread to try and respect the request not to add "where is the fix for..." in this thread, but no response yet.

c172fccc
07-08-2015, 23:46
(Old) info about the -insane option (only WMD members wil be able to open this link): http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?15592-ATI-AMD-LOW-FPS&p=896790#post896790

RomKnight
08-08-2015, 00:48
Many improvements and most wanted ones as well.

Amazing as ever. Thanks SMS

Umer Ahmad
08-08-2015, 01:24
I started a new thread to try and respect the request not to add "where is the fix for..." in this thread, but no response yet.

1. Thanks, you did the correct action
2. No response means probably no information right now. Plus weekend so lot of guys gone now

willplaying
08-08-2015, 02:25
My reaction: OMG! @_@

Shogun613
08-08-2015, 04:38
Great job, guys! I can't wait to be able to monitor tire pressures on track... It drives me nuts when I set a certain value in the pits, only to start having to deal with temperature issues because I can't track the pressure changes. Keep up the good work, Much appreciated!

Dutchmountains
08-08-2015, 05:20
I cant find the random failures from the AI?
Is it in this patch?
Please make it happen because endurance races comes much more to life with it then.

imz14u2nv
08-08-2015, 05:28
Hi all,

Here are the new and enhanced features and bug fixes that are coming in patch 3.

PLEASE NOTE - The patch is not yet finalized and is still in testing, meaning that some of this may still change. I will post up the final list, or confirm that this one is final, as soon as the fixes are all confirmed and the patch is in final submission.

Replays
* Enhanced Replay system – players can now access Photo Mode from within a replay, and can switch between cars during a replay.
* Replay Cameras – Azure Circuit – reworked the draw distance and positioning of a number of cameras to fix background issues and views being obstructed by trackside objects.
* Replay Cameras – Hockenheim National – improved the positioning of a number of cameras to fix views being obstructed by trackside objects.
* Fixed a crash that occurred when the player loaded a replay that was saved with an older version of the game.

It doesn't say specifically so I thought I would pose the question: In the "Enhanced Replay system", Does this fix the Jittery/Jerky/Stuttering replays on the PS4?

I ask because I didn't see mention of that and it says "Some of this may change"

FoxMulder
08-08-2015, 07:36
It doesn't say specifically so I thought I would pose the question: In the "Enhanced Replay system", Does this fix the Jittery/Jerky/Stuttering replays on the PS4?

I ask because I didn't see mention of that and it says "Some of this may change"

This isn't a problem of replays, it's rather a problem of the tv style camera mode since it stutters and skips also when spectating the ai driving the additional lap after finishing a race.

antraxx25
08-08-2015, 07:47
Wow! It's really huge, thank you so much SMS Can't wait for all of it, but one thing seems to me more interesting than the others :

* Enhanced Weather system – all vehicles are updated with new window rain effects, featuring dynamic rivulets, much more realistic looking water drops, and wiper blade trail effects.

I'll be curious of it

Jbpd
08-08-2015, 08:26
So will this fix car setups not saving in career?

Sh1te R1der
08-08-2015, 09:22
Great stuff! I have played quite a few racing games over the years, and have never experienced this level of support from the developers; your conduct is commendable, and inspires confidence not only in this product, but in future releases from SMS.

jimmyb_84
08-08-2015, 10:31
Wow fantastic work by all at SMS!

I'm particularly interested in the changes to strategy things. Weather forecast is also a great addition.

Thank you for adding tyre wear to the HUD my question is will this be a visual reference only or will we be provided with a number (I.E 1.2% per lap) or will it be once the colour reaches the bottom of the graphic?

I really cannot wait to explore longer races, although my pit calculator is a little pointless now as you've added expected fuel mileage (laps) within the game (not a complaint).

Thank you again cannot wait to test.

Naz
08-08-2015, 10:37
Blimey, cracking patch list that; well done and thanks to the devs! Particularly looking forward to the oculus rift update, weather forecasts and DLC cars in career, but the whole list is great.

:)

Namron
08-08-2015, 11:28
Fantastic amount of Updates, Fixes & Enhancements in one swoop :encouragement:.....

Certainly bodes well for the Game that SMS is working chuffing hard to get all that people want from this Game/Sim.. Now although I've not had much chance myself to drive this Sim with my New Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel yet, The little I have done has been awesome really with minimal extra input from me for the Wheel FFB to work really very good from straight out the box...

I know quite a few peeps have had issues with FFB in various forms & also the other many updates & fixes that people want to see, Well It certainly seems that the SMS team are addressing as many issues as can be included in ONE Patch 0_0..... That's going some, what their pulling out the bag very soon it seems..... Is it going to please everyone??... Not a hope lol..... There are always going to be those that can't see that it takes time & a lot graft to implement these kind of fixes & updates, Sometimes a certain update might not be here now but it may well be in the next update (I think we can be pretty sure that there will be more updates to come for PCars1)...

Doing Updates for something like this is always going to take time, You alter one thing to implement it into the game but then you have a scud full of other code to alter now because you've change the dynamics or coding for one thing can alter several other aspects of the game that then need looking into & fixes put onto them & so it goes on... So I for one am very happy to see SMS doing a lot too make this PCars1 even better & this I think Bodes very well for PCars2 in the future, With that in mind I'm happy to have a little patience for some of the updates & tweaks that some people are still waiting yet to come from the SMS team for PCars1..... I'm sure we'll get what we want in the end given that we give the SMS team a chance to incorporate all the wants from everyone of which there are several I know:)...

Nam.....

Lagoa
08-08-2015, 11:52
"* Improved AI rain speed realism when using treaded tyres in the wet."

What do they mean with treaded tyres?

BullWinkle
08-08-2015, 12:03

Rain tires. ;)

Lagoa
08-08-2015, 12:06
So they're making them faster again?

SennaF1
08-08-2015, 12:58
not bad. Patch 2.0 was already very good. All cars can be served well, great fun. but the formula A has a tire problem. Since patch 2.0 only cold tires. would be nice if you could fix it with patch 3.0.

Project Cars is very good, the best I've seen. I love it, but unfortunately I can no longer drive because of the formula A tire problem.

Many thanks for your work

Sessionerror
08-08-2015, 13:17
not bad. Patch 2.0 was already very good. All cars can be served well, great fun. but the formula A has a tire problem. Since patch 2.0 only cold tires. would be nice if you could fix it with patch 3.0.

Project Cars is very good, the best I've seen. I love it, but unfortunately I can no longer drive because of the formula A tire problem.

See here ;)

* Formula A -– added a new tyre set that includes two slick tyres: ‘Soft’ and ‘Medium’. Rebalanced the heating and wear across all four tyre sets. Reworked tyre wear to more closely match real world Formula 1 cars. Heating is now more even front to rear. Further rebalancing of the AI speed (now faster) as was required, and tweaks to the base setup to accommodate the heat change and its effect on the balance. The medium slicks make consistent grip between 180-220F, making this compound more useful as a strategic, lower wear choice. The soft slicks are the default dry tyre.

Dutchmountains
08-08-2015, 13:51
I cant find the random failures from the AI?
Is it in this patch?
Please make it happen because endurance races comes much more to life with it then.

Is there any information about this?

TrevorAustin
08-08-2015, 14:19

Tyres with tread on:) not slicks, lol

TrevorAustin
08-08-2015, 14:21

Didn't you read the notes? Very clearly and specifically addressed and fixed.

toffee
08-08-2015, 14:53
SMS, please add more "Motion Blur" for consoles. Thanks!

SphereOfChaos
08-08-2015, 15:44
That's all? J/K
All the "fixes" I was wondering about are being addressed. I don't usually complain about fixes, because I know how hard you guys are working on this game (*cue major suck up, lol).
I'm especially grateful about the enhanced replay system. Thanks again everyone at SMS! :D

MABlosfeld
08-08-2015, 15:59
PC also
Motion Blur helps reduce aliasing

xXDoc187Xx
08-08-2015, 16:09
Patch 3.0

https://derpicdn.net/img/2012/6/24/18960/thumb.gif

I'm very excited to see this -> *Driver Network Profile – practice and qualifying sessions will no longer count towards races entered.
Everything else is just icing on the cake, I wonder what topping you guys are going add b4 sticking the candle in.

Boskapongen
08-08-2015, 16:18
Great news! I look forward for this patch :)

NutsMammoth
08-08-2015, 16:29
* New – Multiplayer Spectate Mode – players can now choose to ‘Retire to Pit Box’ during a race, and then spectate the ongoing race using the ‘Retire to pits’ and ‘Spectate’ options (note that this is currently only available on tracks that feature a pit lane).

Very interesting.
I hope that the saved multiplayer replay and cars still on the starting grid issue when players quit or been disconnected will be adressed too in the future.
Currently saved multiplayer replay is useless (cars missing, invisible, shuffled...) when people leave the game during a race.
And cars still on the starting grid are really dangerous for other drivers, there are sometimes accidents even with the yellow flag.
Anyway, thanks for this nice release notes :encouragement:

RTA nOsKiLlS
08-08-2015, 16:38
Thats a big patch. :)

Good news about the track cutting. But I was wondering........

Its cool, that it will be more relaxed in free practise as thats the perfect place to learn a track, or car.

But with regards to the race, and the invalid lap. Will the game now invalidate the lap, if 3 or more wheels are outside the white line during a race? Im not so fussed about the penalties, although fairer ones will be welcomed.

I think in all areas of the game, it needs to INvalidate every lap, the moment you get off the track too much. (more than 2 wheels). Will that be the case? That would ensure that all Qualifying laps and Time Trial laps and in race fastest laps are to the same standard.

I doubt anyone wants to see people getting away with a bit more during a qualifying. Than in a Time Trial.

It would really make it competitive, knowing that the only way to qualify or get the fastest lap in a race is to set a proper clean lap.

Lawndarts
08-08-2015, 16:54
Console folks; your in for a huge surprise. 2.5 was a game changer for PC, 3.0 is easily 2/3 bigger. Hype is not misplaced on this one.

wicker man
08-08-2015, 17:02
look good

TheReaper GT
08-08-2015, 17:03
Console folks; your in for a huge surprise. 2.5 was a game changer for PC, 3.0 is easily 2/3 bigger. Hype is not misplaced on this one.

Some things on the 2.5 release notes are not in these notes, I'm assuming they are included :D:D

Benja190782
08-08-2015, 18:13
We are already on this and it has already been changed for next patch.

For reference, that screen is needed on consoles so we can figure out who is playing the game and on what controller - keep in mind that there might be multiple users logged in at the same time on the console and/or multiple controllers connected to it.

I don't see this fix on the list - did you mean it was already fixed in the patch after 3.0???
Maybe Ian Bell could clear this up for me?

SpeedFreakDTM
08-08-2015, 18:45
Patch 3.0 Cant wait. ;)

PostBox981
08-08-2015, 19:20
Absolutely great stuff! This seems to be THE MOST IMPORTANT patch of all so far! I read an unbelievable long list of things that we have been discussing for a while in this forum - SMS, thank you for listening and reacting on this! Can΄t wait to get this patch onto my machine.

imz14u2nv
08-08-2015, 19:31
This isn't a problem of replays, it's rather a problem of the tv style camera mode since it stutters and skips also when spectating the ai driving the additional lap after finishing a race.

I'm not sure that I understand your response, I just wanted to know if they addressed the Jittery/Jerky/Stuttering replays on the PS4 in the "Enhanced Replay system".

Please elaborate.

SennaF1
08-08-2015, 20:02
Didn't you read the notes? Very clearly and specifically addressed and fixed.

What would you like? I can hardly speak English, I am a Frenchman. I'm sorry that I'm from the city of love, I know myself only with pretty women. am not a tea expert.

TheReaper GT
08-08-2015, 20:06
What would you like? I can hardly speak English, I am a Frenchman. I'm sorry that I'm from the city of love, I know myself only with pretty women. am not a tea expert.

Pretty women like tea :D

mister dog
08-08-2015, 20:15
Pretty women like tea :D

http://mrswebersneighborhood.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Grandma-and-tea-6.jpg

TrevorAustin
08-08-2015, 20:28

You mean you couldn't be bothered :) although you do win the prize for the wierdist post ever.

Although i do love the myth of French men:) however i absolutely fail to see the relevance to tea, women and you bothering to read the forum.

If you can't read english what's the point in asking the question :)

F1_Racer68
08-08-2015, 21:11
Many kudos and props to the SMS team!!

This is a huge list of items and addressed most of the major issues on my list. Great job by all.

Pyromaniak666
08-08-2015, 21:38
Simply amazing, can't wait

morpwr
08-08-2015, 21:57
Nice job sms this patch should be awesome!!!!!!Keep up the good work and thanks for not abandoning us.lol Cant wait to see whats in store next.

ELAhrairah
08-08-2015, 22:28
This is why I love project cars and why I force my friends to buy a copy or I unfriend them

leithnow
08-08-2015, 23:01
As long as I can just play through the career as intended without encountering roadblocks caused by bugs repeatedly, I'll be happy.

Ixoye56
09-08-2015, 00:38
Question about fix for the GUI – sliders?

Does that mean that we also can adjust AI performance in smaller increments ?

nissan4ever
09-08-2015, 01:59
Question about fix for the GUI – sliders?

Does that mean that we also can adjust AI performance in smaller increments ?

Yup

SpeedFreakDTM
09-08-2015, 03:23
i absolutely fail to see the relevance to tea, women and you bothering to read the forum.

If you can't read english what's the point in asking the question :)

Its French - English banter.

He's not so good with tea, but is an expert when it comes to cheese,wine and white flags. ;)

ImStylinOnYaBro
09-08-2015, 04:38
* Fixed an issue where the Drive button would remain permanently locked when joining an in-progress session.
hope to hell it finally actually is fixed >_< really like the friends leaderboard and spectate mode and stricter track limits. also can't wait to see how the rain looks on the windscreens :D

Slowsley
09-08-2015, 05:01
If the ia breaks to late,will it ruin their tires?

There's a big ole world out there beyond Belgium. I didn't know that "whinge" was a word until I came here. But hey, I like to further my experiences and such.

z3r0cool77
09-08-2015, 05:11
http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/scared/scared33.gif

Awesome patch. Can't wait for it to go live.

ukfan758
09-08-2015, 07:09
SMS, you are the best developers in the entire industry! Your commitment to your work is absolutely fantastic and top class! I can't wait to switch cars in replay mode and use photomode there too!

Toyotagt1
09-08-2015, 08:11
I'm hoping there's something messed up. I need to continue to improve my pantomime villain status.
Lol villain status.i know what you mean

Pink_650S
09-08-2015, 09:00
SMS, you are the best developers in the entire industry! Your commitment to your work is absolutely fantastic and top class! I can't wait to switch cars in replay mode and use photomode there too!

SMS are definitely the most customer friendly studio, thats for sure :)
I think they are way ahead of the rest of the industry in how they interact and communicate with their playerbase.

Lynsch
09-08-2015, 09:07
What about the Online Challenges Trophy/Archivement? No fix for that?????

th3-5tig
09-08-2015, 09:35
I'm comfused because why dose everyone thank project cars team for these patches when in the first place the game shouldn't need all this work in the first place

th3-5tig
09-08-2015, 09:39
Why isn't the freezing in qualifying and sometimes in racing fix in this patch

Racer Pro
09-08-2015, 09:40
I'm comfused because why dose everyone thank project cars team for these patches when in the first place the game shouldn't need all this work in the first placebecause some people in this world can say thanks when the team make a good work, thanks all the SMS team i cant wait for this patch for my ps4.

Ixoye56
09-08-2015, 10:01
With such major changes in the code that this patch brings, I wonder if it is not smart to uninstall everything and start over from scratch to avoid unnecessary problems :confused:

RoccoTTS
09-08-2015, 10:02
I'm comfused because why dose everyone thank project cars team for these patches when in the first place the game shouldn't need all this work in the first place

Can you name me 1 studio that has made a racing game on console with :
- more than 30 cars on track
- such a complex tire model/physics
- dynamic weather system
- dynamic time
without bugs and problems on release day ?

I think everybody on this forum would like that, but i think it's not possible.
I'm grateful that SMS is the first studio that give us a real sim on console and at least try to solve all the problems and give us the futures we ask for.
This is the first studio where the big boss and the whole team are talking to us directly.

So yes i do appreciate what they doing for us !!

Pink_650S
09-08-2015, 10:03
What about the Online Challenges Trophy/Archivement? No fix for that?????

If you read the notes carefully, you wouldnt be asking that.

Fanapryde
09-08-2015, 10:18
Maybe because some people have a positive attitude ?

Fong74
09-08-2015, 10:19
it also would be great to get the possibility to store the setup created by my own under several slots per car. even with my own names probably. 5 slots would be enough. that would be fantastic and it will be great if my ideas could be considered in one of the further update-patches.

3 would be enough imo if there was an option to copy setups to other slots.

This would make working on setups much easier, as you could copy a setup, change some settings, test them and move either forward or back from there in the development process.

Maybe we can ask for such an option in the future. Atm Im fine tbh. But when leagues and cups come up autumn/winter season ,several setup slots will be something racers would be very grateful for i believe.

The upcoming patch adresses some issues in the context of setups also. So first things first I would say...

Fractured Life
09-08-2015, 10:41

Have you SEEN the Codies F1 forum?

RTA nOsKiLlS
09-08-2015, 11:21

Yes we all bought a game. Yes it should have been perfect at release. But it wasn't. That happens, sadly with every game. Even Forza 6 will have some issues at the release. Forza 4 was terrible at the start.

Every Codemuppets game since Grid 1, is broken at release. They are usually in some kind of pre-alpha stage. They get a patch, maybe 2, that doesn't completely fix the game. They don't ever finish the game. (Grid Autosport - upgrades will NEVER work)

So here you have SMS, they are NOT Codemasters, so they are patching the game, and getting it to where we, and they want the game to be. They don't have to do this, you/we paid for the game already.

So THANKYOU, SMS for continually improving the game, and supporting the game for 2 years, after its release. Doing so, separates them from the wankers like Codemasters.

How playable is F1 2015 right now? I don't know, I didn't waste any money on it. I could see a problem with it before it was released. It says CodeMasters on the box! ;)

mister dog
09-08-2015, 12:09
I guess the troll has been fed now?

th3-5tig
09-08-2015, 12:40
All i want to know is when can I qualify with out it freezing when someone joins or leaves the lobby

Roger Lee
09-08-2015, 13:16
Tires instead of Tyres is the one that gets me!:D

Tires is the proper term used in the US. We don't use no stupid Tyres :) <<< Lol, even spell check flagged "tyres".

AB_Attack
09-08-2015, 14:33
It will be funny when the complaints start about this lot, any idea what you've got wrong yet Ian? Surely you have an in house SMS sweep on who will complain first and what about, if not get it started, fun Friday game.

Give it a rest with the victim attitude sometime soon. Not just you.

Lawndarts
09-08-2015, 15:24
Improved rain effects on windows - some time back there was a news report about how pcars was going to have the best rain effects (they aren't bad now...) and SMS said they were working on a whole new way to do realistic looking rain, as good as or better than a certain other "car game".

Is this whats listed in this update, or is this just a further step in that direction?

Lynsch
09-08-2015, 15:28
If you read the notes carefully, you wouldnt be asking that.

Than give me an answer mr. supercool who knows everything

TheReaper GT
09-08-2015, 15:34
Improved rain effects on windows - some time back there was a news report about how pcars was going to have the best rain effects (they aren't bad now...) and SMS said they were working on a whole new way to do realistic looking rain, as good as or better than a certain other "car game".

Is this whats listed in this update, or is this just a further step in that direction?

I think it's the real deal :D

TrevorAustin
09-08-2015, 16:08
Give it a rest with the victim attitude sometime soon. Not just you.

What victim, what the f are you talking about? I'm delighted with the game, no victim here. Think maybe yoy need to rethink your put downs, that one is days late and doesn't make any sense:) have another go.

VR-42
09-08-2015, 16:12
Tires is the proper term used in the US. We don't use no stupid Tyres :) <<< Lol, even spell check flagged "tyres".
The game is made in Great Britain so the correct spelling is Tyres, We invented the language we should know. lol

Liquid7394
09-08-2015, 17:04
What victim, what the f are you talking about? I'm delighted with the game, no victim here. Think maybe yoy need to rethink your put downs, that one is days late and doesn't make any sense:) have another go.
He's on about how certain individuals like to think everyone complains for no reason and that they complain because they're 'haters'. If this patch causes further issues or doesn't fix major issues then people will complain and they have every right to.

TrevorAustin
09-08-2015, 17:09
He's on about how certain individuals like to think everyone complains for no reason and that they complain because they're 'haters'. If this patch causes further issues or doesn't fix major issues then people will complain and they have every right to.

Very clearly two different sets of people, some with real problems, some just moaning whiners. Quite clear, normally from the post title, which type it is. And 99% of the time the people with real problems get immediate help and advice or it goes into the known bugs and a subsequent patch. I've had plenty of issues from day one, some because I did stuff wrong and others been or being addressed.

So I'm happy, which still makes his victim comment look like his big word of the day used in the wrong place, always a little bit sad that:)

ace1973
09-08-2015, 17:10
Not sure what the max replay save is, but I have several saved between 18 and 20 minutes at this point.

AB_Attack
09-08-2015, 18:09
Not sure what the max replay save is, but I have several saved between 18 and 20 minutes at this point.

I have replays from my full lenght races, so more than 1 hour.

AB_Attack
09-08-2015, 18:32
just moaning whiners.
People write about what is on their mind and pick their words accordingly. On this particular forum the pre-emtive kicking on critics (some of which you think of as moaning whiners) has reached unflattering levels. Now, I don't demand that you take aboard the critisism of you in a grown up fashion here and now, but if you, by the next patch around, when you've had time to digest, feel like writing something about how the "moaners" have been proved wrong once again but that it will probably not stop their moaning since that's how hopeless they are, then remember this victim comment of mine. And stop yourself from proving me right by writing something like you did here again. Because it's not worthy and it's not the way forward.

And like I wrote before, it's not just you.

TrevorAustin
09-08-2015, 19:00
People write about what is on their mind and pick their words accordingly. On this particular forum the pre-emtive kicking on critics (some of which you think of as moaning whiners) has reached unflattering levels. Now, I don't demand that you take aboard the critisism of you in a grown up fashion here and now, but if you, by the next patch around, when you've had time to digest, feel like writing something about how the "moaners" have been proved wrong once again but that it will probably not stop their moaning since that's how hopeless they are, then remember this victim comment of mine. And stop yourself from proving me right by writing something like you did here again. Because it's not worthy and it's not the way forward.

And like I wrote before, it's not just you.

As ever you've picked words out of context to support your warped view. Its like having a religious debate:) at no point have i said/hinted/implied there aren't problems and things that need addressing. I have raised many myself.

It is the clear difference between expressing annoyance at a problem and explaining the issue requesting help and laying on your back in a sweet shop screaming and crying.

A point that if it needs to be made is probably already wasted, and I'm certainly not wasting more of my Sunday after this post discussing it.

So you carry on playing a game you appear to be unhappy with, as opposed to presumably the loads of other perfect games you own (why, just play them) and I'll carry on playing a game that's great and will get better.

One last point, have you never been to the pictures with your partner? Thought it was rubbish and left or just written it off. Do you think its ok to rush back into the foyer and scream, shout and curse in front of everyone or maybe have a quiet word with the manager and see if you cant get your money back? Or maybe write an abusive threatening demanding letter to Universal? That will get you far:) that's the behaviour of your toddlers when they're embarrassing you isn't it?

What i would hope moat people do is write it off as a bad job and wait for the next big film you want then go home and watch an old favourite.

If the game is going to get better for you , enjoy what you can. I absolutely guarantee you that having a tantrum won't help anything. Then as it improves enjoy it more and try to contribute more to that improvement, as most actually do.

If it's beyond saving just write it off as a bad game/film/meal and enjoy what you've got and your next purchase.

Don't be that tantrumming child:)

Enjoy your evening:)

GForce
09-08-2015, 19:01
Crossing Fingers that it will not take to long to get this online for all Plaftforms!

leithnow
09-08-2015, 19:24
The game is made in Great Britain so the correct spelling is Tyres, We invented the language we should know. lol

The whole world doesn't treat English like a common language because it's popular in Britian, though. It's cuz of 'Merica.

TrevorAustin
09-08-2015, 19:45
The whole world doesn't treat English like a common language because it's popular in Britian, though. It's cuz of 'Merica.

You don't really believe that:) We colonised huge parts of the world hundreds of years ago, the US is only trying just now:)

nhraracer
09-08-2015, 19:59
What was this thread about again:confused:

leithnow
09-08-2015, 20:01
Nope, you guys may have started it, but we out imperialized you. If you want proof, go ask a guy in Germany or France who speaks English as a second language and ask him how he pronounces "aluminum."

leithnow
09-08-2015, 20:02
As long as he didn't study in England.

Liquid7394
09-08-2015, 20:23
As ever you've picked words out of context to support your warped view. Its like having a religious debate:) at no point have i said/hinted/implied there aren't problems and things that need addressing. I habe raised many myself.

It is the clear difference between expressing annoyance at a problem and explaining the issue requesting help and laying on your back in a sweet shop screaming and crying.

A point that if it needs to be made is probably already wasted, and I'm certainly not wasting more of my Sunday after this post discussing it.

So you carry on playing a game you appear to be unhappy with, as opposed to presumably the loads of other perfect games you own (why, just play them) and I'll carry on playing a game that's great and will get better.

One last point, have you never been to the pictures with your partner? Thought it was rubbish and left or just written it off. Do you think its ok to rush back into the foyer and scream, shout and curse in front of everyone or maybe have a quiet word with the manager and see if you cant get your money back? Or maybe write an abusive threatening demanding letter to Universal? That will get you far:) that's the behaviour of your toddlers when they're embarrassing you isn't it?

What i would hope moat people do is write it off as a bad job and wait for the next big film you want then go home and watch an old favourite.

If the game is going to get better for you , enjoy what yiu can. I absolutely guarantee you that having a tantrum won't help anything. Then as it improves enjoy it more and try to contribute more to that improvement, as most actually do.

If it's beyond saving just write it off as a bad game/film/meal and enjoy what you've got and your next purchase.

Don't be that tantrumming child:)

Enjoy your evening:)
I don't think you actually understand why people complain. It's not because they think they game is bad or anything, it's because they think it's great but flawed. The people who post threads saying the game sucks, SMS sucks etc. are trolls, they don't provide valid criticism or complaints. I wish people would stop putting trolls in the same group as complainers.

Your movie analogy isn't good. You can't compare a movie that is simply bad to buggy video game. A better comparison would be if the movie was having unintended issues such stuttering, sound cutting out etc. and in that situation people would most certainly make a fuss.

I'll say it again, the valid complaints you see are NOT from people who hate or dislike the game, they complain because they want the game to improve. Stop taking the trolls seriously.

Liquid7394
09-08-2015, 20:25
No it's because Britain colonised much of the world.

nissan4ever
09-08-2015, 20:30
I guess the troll has been fed now?

Zenzic
09-08-2015, 20:37
Nope, you guys may have started it, but we out imperialized you. If you want proof, go ask a guy in Germany or France who speaks English as a second language and ask him how he pronounces "aluminum."

I can't speak for Germany or France, but let me assure you that Belgian students are taught Oxford English. Aluminium.

TrevorAustin
09-08-2015, 20:41
I don't think you actually understand why people complain. It's not because they think they game is bad or anything, it's because they think it's great but flawed. The people who post threads saying the game sucks, SMS sucks etc. are trolls, they don't provide valid criticism or complaints. I wish people would stop putting trolls in the same group as complainers.

Your movie analogy isn't good. You can't compare a movie that is simply bad to buggy video game. A better comparison would be if the movie was having unintended issues such stuttering, sound cutting out etc. and in that situation people would most certainly make a fuss.

I'll say it again, the valid complaints you see are NOT from people who hate or dislike the game, they complain because they want the game to improve. Stop taking the trolls seriously.

Your point at last is valid, and completely wasted on me, if you read my stupidly many posts you will see the vast majority are offering help to people with problems, advice on how to make it better and general advice on game settings. And a much smaller number either refuting whining pointless posts or taking the pee out of the trolls.

Nobody would disagree with the point you've finally made, least of all me. Just complain like an adult and not a 10 year old and you'll get help, from almost everybody. But don't keep making the same whinge over and over again, once it's acknowledged and in the issues list why raise it over and over, that is childish behaviour, I do hope you can see that?

And here I am still discussing it, when I should be playing or watching a film.

Not really sure why you're arguing with me, you've pretty much just agreed. There are a number of childish demanding wanting posts in this thread, NOBODY should be complaining in this thread or moaning as they were specifically asked not to in post 1. And loads of times subsequently.

This thread should be a positive hopeful one, and as ever it's become a "but what about my....." thread.

And now I am really done on this subject here, if you want to carry on - although I don't see why as we agree - please PM me, I'm off to thrash the AI round SPA then watch som e Ray Donovan.

TrevorAustin
09-08-2015, 20:45

I work with them, and Belgians, Italians and Dutch. Without exception they pronounce it properly, alyoumineum.

I love America and americans (not as much as Spain, France outside Paris, Eastern Europe, Italy or Brazil though!), but I do wish you could get over this belief that the world admires everything about you and that you are the centre of culture and interest:) Us English, mainly, realised that wasn't true about us a long time ago:)

leithnow
09-08-2015, 21:35
From my experience, everyone but the Brits have pronounced it like the Americans do. I don't live in europe, so can't say I'm an expert on the subject. I do however prefer the British accent and pronounciation. Just has more class and flare. American accents are somewhat bland in comparisson.

TrevorAustin
09-08-2015, 21:41
From my experience, everyone but the Brits have pronounced it like the Americans do. I don't live in europe, so can't say I'm an expert on the subject. I do however prefer the British accent and pronounciation. Just has more class and flare. American accents are somewhat bland in comparisson.

Not from where I'm sitting, Americans have an amazing variety of accents. It's all a matter of what you are used to I guess.

AB_Attack
09-08-2015, 22:07
As ever you've picked words out of context
I did pick them out of context. And you got upset, because you know why? It looks so bad to write stuff like that, doesn't it? I guess you do realise that or you wouldn't have reacted to it. Expressing one-self like that is not the only way to handle people that complain about things you don't agree with. Think about that.

So you carry on playing a game you appear to be unhappy with
I'm not unhappy with the game. I'm unhappy with the victim attitude.That was the only issue I raised here, remember?

MMM1978
09-08-2015, 22:07
Wow! Jumped to last page of thread to see if anything worthwhile was being discussed.... The pronunciation of Aluminium....... Guess not! Hahaha

giulianbu
09-08-2015, 22:25
pizza italiana :)

LeMansIndy500
09-08-2015, 22:38
With all these tyre updates, is it possible that the overheated tyres issue from pit stops in career may be fixed?

TrevorAustin
09-08-2015, 22:41
I did pick them out of context. And you got upset, because you know why? It looks so bad to write stuff like that, doesn't it? I guess you do realise that or you wouldn't have reacted to it. Expressing one-self like that is not the only way to handle people that complain about things you don't agree with. Think about that.

I'm not unhappy with the game. I'm unhappy with the victim attitude.That was the only issue I raised here, remember?

No and i've told you i don't care anymore:) but you're still nagging away. Nag, nag, nag. You and your moaning brethren are the victims:) perhaps people are bored of that. Have you considered it.

Anyway looks like the normal fix to avoid the nagging, bye.

Ischemica
09-08-2015, 23:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FtSUPAM-uA&list=PL6D54D1C7DAE31B36

Sickboy
09-08-2015, 23:47
Well pleased they are fixing the setup saves as my RUF GT3 can't be adjusted during a session without automatically reverting back to the previous save :) Would like to have a generic setup for a car that I can then adjust for an individual track.

Umer Ahmad
09-08-2015, 23:56
With all these tyre updates, is it possible that the overheated tyres issue from pit stops in career may be fixed?

Yes, it sounds like they've gotten to the bottom of the improper-tyres-after-pitstop issue

CopperySinger5
09-08-2015, 23:59
How is the patch 3.0 on pc? Is everything finally working?

nhraracer
10-08-2015, 00:02

No 3.0 update as of yet at least here anyway.

Schnizz58
10-08-2015, 00:20
I work with them, and Belgians, Italians and Dutch. Without exception they pronounce it properly, alyoumineum.

I love America and americans (not as much as Spain, France outside Paris, Eastern Europe, Italy or Brazil though!), but I do wish you could get over this belief that the world admires everything about you and that you are the centre of culture and interest:) Us English, mainly, realised that wasn't true about us a long time ago:)
I can't speak for leithnow but most of my fellow Americans are under the impression that the rest of the world hates us. Except maybe Australia.

x ImJakeyy
10-08-2015, 00:22

Not out on PC yet, probably will hit PC before Friday (just my guess) Depends how much internal testing on certain features need to be done

Ischemica
10-08-2015, 00:46
Who gives a **** .Its a forum for a game.Not a history lesson!

I counted at least 13 posts relating to the spelling of tyre/tire and the usage in different English speaking countries, so in the hopes of clarifying some people's misconceptions regarding regionalisms, perhaps a history lesson is in order. The fact it provoked such an angry response from you in no way diminishes the need for helping others understand why tyre/tire is what it is.

Have a great day!:)

xXDoc187Xx
10-08-2015, 02:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FtSUPAM-uA&list=PL6D54D1C7DAE31B36

Really, was this needed? Come on ppl stay on topic or don't post at all.

Ischemica
10-08-2015, 02:55
Really, was this needed? Come on ppl stay on topic or don't post at all.214723

myropa
10-08-2015, 03:54
I (a Yank) emigrated to Australia in 1972 with a teaching job in a secondary school. The day I heard a young lass yell across the classroom "where's me rubber?" (rubber in the Stater is a condom! In Ozzie it is a pencile eraser!), I realized that I was in a different culture and would need to pay attention to language context and pronunciation. I love this world!

Ramjet
10-08-2015, 05:07
I can't speak for leithnow but most of my fellow Americans are under the impression that the rest of the world hates us. Except maybe Australia.

Nah we hate Yanks too Schnizz ! :eagerness:

Now seriously though, do I have Tyres on my wheels or Tires ? Similar as they're both made of condoms !

ps. joking Schnizz :rolleyes:

Slowsley
10-08-2015, 05:47

Kind of how it seems isn't it?

Slowsley
10-08-2015, 05:54

Maybe that's why it's "tyres" in-game, but I'm not ready for SMS to write the book on grammar and spelling.

ChrisK
10-08-2015, 05:58

we only hate the south. you're far enuf away from alabama for us to hate you over there in colorado...although your proximity to texas puts you on the borderline if im honest.

Alantee52
10-08-2015, 05:59

No add Australia to the list as well ;)

leithnow
10-08-2015, 06:10
Pretty sure they hate us because they see stuff like Donald Trump leading the Republican primaries and they are like wtf? It's not America's fault. If the rich and powerful in your countries were spending billions to brainwash you and divide you and distract you, de-educate you, your country would be full of a bunch of confused, ignorant hillbillies too

Slowsley
10-08-2015, 06:10
we only hate the south. you're far enuf away from alabama for us to hate you over there in colorado...although your proximity to texas puts you on the borderline if im honest.

The whole South, huh? That's a lot of hating there. Hope your heart is in good health.

leithnow
10-08-2015, 06:20
So uh...anyway, this upcoming patch going to be the defining moment we have been waiting for, or are we going to be asking when patch 4.0 comes out shortly after its release?

Bealdor
10-08-2015, 06:29
Please stop the off-topic talk guys.

Slowsley
10-08-2015, 06:34

Will do from my end. I'll PM from now on. I just won't stand by while people criticize my use of the English language, but it clearly doesn't belong in here.

leithnow
10-08-2015, 07:19

Can't say I didn't see that coming. I tried to steer it back. Get it? Steer? Nevermind..

David McKenna
10-08-2015, 08:53
Do you guys sleep ??

Slowsley
10-08-2015, 09:05
Do you guys sleep ??

In a coffin every day at daybreak.

mattrickl06
10-08-2015, 09:18
Great update list.

One question from me, given that the cut detections are being improved does that mean that the LB wipe is imminent??

GForce
10-08-2015, 09:34
This list looks promissing. crossing fingers that it will be out soon!

Fong74
10-08-2015, 09:35
AFAIK SMS does manual LB sweeps... I never read something about a general LB wipe so far.

zzjorzz
10-08-2015, 09:39
Cant wait for the update, brilliant support from devs, an example for other game developers!!

Bealdor
10-08-2015, 09:47
AFAIK SMS does manual LB sweeps... I never read something about a general LB wipe so far.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34599-VOTE-Leaderboard-Wipe-Y-N&p=1040860&viewfull=1#post1040860

NutsMammoth
10-08-2015, 09:49
Don't be so naive and grow up.

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 09:58
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34599-VOTE-Leaderboard-Wipe-Y-N&p=1040860&viewfull=1#post1040860

That told you Bealdor

Racer Pro
10-08-2015, 09:59
you talk about what ?

RAVEracer
10-08-2015, 10:02
I'm genuinely pumped for this. It was a nice surprise to read that I'll now be taking photos in replay mode! I'm about to spam take photos... ;) Also, tyre wear and compound - very nice. Actually, a very nice list. As usual :)

Fong74
10-08-2015, 10:02
Thanks for the update Bealdor. I was not aware of the LB wipe status. I think its good to do it btw....would make me try TT and Comm Challenges again. Plus the option to filter for times from my FL.....makes it really worth checking those modes out again.

Looking forward to this :cool:

satco1066
10-08-2015, 10:37
All i want to know is when can I qualify with out it freezing when someone joins or leaves the lobby

This also depends to your up/download rate.
My upload rate is about 1Mbit and i get into this problems when i host more than 10 to 12 clients.
Shure, i'm on a pc, maybe it's similar on the PS4.

satco1066
10-08-2015, 10:41
my longest is about 2 hours 10 mins.

Sik180sx
10-08-2015, 10:46
Than give me an answer mr. supercool who knows everything

Have you thought about,oh i don't know,maybe reading the patch notes in the op of this very thread?Sheesh,why is the interwebz full of rude people?And i would almost be certain in in saying it's Ms. or Mrs. supercool.

satco1066
10-08-2015, 10:46

thats not english, its derivide from latin.
As this is a dead language, nobody knows how to pronounce it right.

Sorry for my "bad" english. I am from Austria.

ingrobny
10-08-2015, 11:26
Awesome fixes and additions, guys. If fixes and new features will be released at this speed I will keep playing this game and its forthcoming DLC's for a long while... :)

I totally agree, it shows that SMS have proud and passion about their work, it also show that they listen to the community when it comes to bug reports, tweeks, recommendations and more.

I can't deny i was a little sceptical to future support for Project Cars 1 after news about Project Cars 2 was announced, but they have for sure prove me wrong.

So i'm going to support SMS by buying DLC's and of course Project Cars 2, not only because i feel i have to because of the support they give us, or for just give them my money, but because Project Cars is the best racing sim/racing game for PS4.

ELAhrairah
10-08-2015, 12:07
Maybe this was answered already but when is this patch expected?

GForce
10-08-2015, 12:09
Maybe this was answered already but when is this patch expected?

Within the next weeks was an statement from SMS

ELAhrairah
10-08-2015, 12:17
Within the next weeks was an statement from SMS

So maybe August I hope...

BetoRenno
10-08-2015, 12:55
That is a great set of adjustments... Many thanks for that.
However, I would like to suggest SMS to release smaller packages of bug fixing... If possible, release the smaller patches once a week instead of once a month... Minor errors/bugs like "Fixed an issue with pre-DLC save games not unlocking DLC career content" is not allowing me to conclude the invitational events and it should be fixed as soon as detected... It may demotivate some players... It is happening to me...
Thanks for your attention.
Regards,
BetoRenno

GForce
10-08-2015, 13:03
So maybe August I hope...

Hope so two, but not sure, maybe we will see some more accurate dates in a couple of days!?

GTAndy36
10-08-2015, 13:07
However, I would like to suggest SMS to release smaller packages of bug fixing... If possible, release the smaller patches once a week instead of once a month... Minor errors/bugs like "Fixed an issue with pre-DLC save games not unlocking DLC career content" is not allowing me to conclude the invitational events and it should be fixed as soon as detected... It may demotivate some players... It is happening to me...
Regards,
BetoRenno

The problem with this is Microsoft and Sony. I would think it's a less of a headache for SMS to bring in mega patches like this every month or two, instead of little nitty gritty patches weekly. That would also slow progress down too I would have thought.

I don't know, I'm not a part of the process of course. Just my two pence.

Fong74
10-08-2015, 13:21
Process slow-down is one point. The other one are the costs. Every patch released on Live or PSN costs a serious amount of money. So cumulating fixes does make sense from a developer/publisher pov.

Stephen Viljoen
10-08-2015, 13:50
Thank you for adding tyre wear to the HUD my question is will this be a visual reference only or will we be provided with a number (I.E 1.2% per lap) or will it be once the colour reaches the bottom of the graphic?

It's a graphical indicator of the state of wear, not the wear rate. It should be easy to work it out for yourself though, as you already know how many laps you've done on the current set and can see how much they're worn.

MABlosfeld
10-08-2015, 14:40
Regards,
BetoRenno

launch DLCs in small batches to PC and after all approved release for consoles, it would be great but does not function.
Some people took advantage of the situation to create confusion.

Ramjet
10-08-2015, 14:53
PC version should drop pretty soon ? Seeing as it does not have to go through certification etc. , at least it did come sooner last time.

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 14:58
PC version should drop pretty soon ? Seeing as it does not have to go through certification etc. , at least it did come sooner last time.

Still needs lots of testing or the abuse will start again, can you just imagine if they release it and something doesn't work perfectly!

Shame as I 'd be quite happy to do the testing.

Namron
10-08-2015, 15:05
Still needs lots of testing or the abuse will start again, can you just imagine if they release it and something doesn't work perfectly!

Yup!!..Likewise Trevor :eagerness:... Would be more than happy to help test things & was one of the reasons I'm backing the PCars2 WMD part of things....... Not that I'll be able to help much like... But wanted to be in there to see how things are done & try & help where & when I can....

Like you say.... You can hear the outrage already if they bring out the patch & something isn't quite right for some there going to go nuts all over again.... OH GOD!!!... Please no....;)

Nam...

jimmyb_84
10-08-2015, 15:14
It's a graphical indicator of the state of wear, not the wear rate. It should be easy to work it out for yourself though, as you already know how many laps you've done on the current set and can see how much they're worn.

I nearly missed that!

Thanks for the response, I shall build a wear calculator into my strategy guide too. Thanks for the continued support the game will be incredible once the latest patch lands!!!!

TheReaper GT
10-08-2015, 15:23
I nearly missed that!

Thanks for the response, I shall build a wear calculator into my strategy guide too. Thanks for the continued support the game will be incredible once the latest patch lands!!!!

Do your strategy guide work on Google docs?

Schnizz58
10-08-2015, 15:33
I'm from Louisiana originally so your hatred of Alabama and Texas is perfectly fine with me. :)

Angst1974
10-08-2015, 15:34
"Add LED support for G29"

Led's seem to work fine on mine... what is this ?

TheReaper GT
10-08-2015, 15:37
"Add LED support for G29"

Led's seem to work fine on mine... what is this ?

Ps4

Schnizz58
10-08-2015, 15:38
This is excellent. I have been running long practice sessions to try to figure out when the tires are gone. It's a hard thing to determine. They get progressively worse and worse but at what point do you say, ok that's it they're spent? This addition will help immensely, thanks.

Liquid7394
10-08-2015, 17:02

Well at lot of people wouldn't. A patch is supposed to fix things, of course people will be upset if it doesn't.

jimmyb_84
10-08-2015, 17:52
Do your strategy guide work on Google docs?

unfortunately not because google docs doesn't like lap times in formulas, only excel and Open office can handle them however Open Office is FREE software

Dutchmountains
10-08-2015, 18:08
Allright enough talking!:cool:

Lets give it to us .;)

I cant wait anymore.:applouse:

Lynsch
10-08-2015, 18:13
Have you thought about,oh i don't know,maybe reading the patch notes in the op of this very thread?Sheesh,why is the interwebz full of rude people?And i would almost be certain in in saying it's Ms. or Mrs. supercool.

Oh you are a nice little superhero. I read everything and can not find anything about a fix so thats why i asked. Interwebz? Is it cool to write like a 5 year old kid?

Photonmonkey
10-08-2015, 18:14
I have seen a lot of posts on here with people already stating how they will 'kick off' if this patch introduces more bugs. I am a business analyst/software tester by trade and can appreciate the amount of effort it takes to test a piece of software. One thing you learn is you cannot test for every eventuality and yes introducing new/changed code can cause new bugs and this is where heavy regression testing is normally used to test the stuff that wasn't broke before you introduced the new code. However, the speed of turn around for these fixes from SMS is commendable IMHO and people need to bear in mind how complex this game is. As long as with the new features the overall bug count reduces I will be a happy bunny.

Lawndarts
10-08-2015, 18:38
I hope the schedule of 2 PC patches per console patch becomes the norm. Especially when features start replacing bugs... This gives me some indication things like triple screen and other PC specific enhancements will come sooner than later and not backburnered due to consoles.

Konan
10-08-2015, 18:59
I hope the schedule of 2 PC patches per console patch becomes the norm. Especially when features start replacing bugs... This gives me some indication things like triple screen and other PC specific enhancements will come sooner than later and not backburnered due to consoles.

Wow!blame it on us consoleplayers why don't you...

GForce
10-08-2015, 19:08

Yeah, Consoles can only use one screen only, why them updating at all anymore... :mad::cool::angel:

Fanapryde
10-08-2015, 19:15
I really hope you are joking... Right...?

amazed
10-08-2015, 19:57
Nah! I don't think he's joking.....

Pc are the master race, don't you know.... :p

Lawndarts
10-08-2015, 20:01
I really hope you are joking... Right...?

Not really, I just have intimate knowledge about how console submissions and patching works, I've been agame developer for over 22 years. It's just a slow process, not meant in any way to mean pc patches should be at the expense or priority of console. It just works more fluidly to have patches between lengthy console updates.

The next patch would't be half as big had 2.5 not been a part of 3.0 so you get more within the same time constraints.

Convexrook
10-08-2015, 20:05
BMW 2002 Turbo.

http://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/1974_BMW_2002_Turbo_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

OMG.
Swiss Hill Climb Version as well

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 20:06
Not really, I just have intimate knowledge about how console submissions and patching works, I've been agame developer for over 22 years. It's just a slow process, not meant in any way to mean pc patches should be at the expense or priority of console. It just works more fluidly to have patches between lengthy console updates.

The next patch would't be half as big had 2.5 not been a part of 3.0 so you get more within the same time constraints.

It is also a good test bed for patches as PC users 'tend' to be a little less militant if they don't work as expected in the wild. Console gamers are exceptionally unforgiving, that isn't a criticism, it's just a fact. Partly because they have to pay a lot more and it's a much higher % of the cost of their platform amongst other things.

Sik180sx
10-08-2015, 20:09
Oh you are a nice little superhero. I read everything and can not find anything about a fix so thats why i asked. Interwebz? Is it cool to write like a 5 year old kid?

Well it appears thats how you demanded the answer,like a child,if it's not in the notes,it's not getting fixed.

TheReaper GT
10-08-2015, 20:22
Anyone can confirm that all the pc 2.5 patch is gonna be included in the 3.0? Is not very clear in the OP.

Jezza819
10-08-2015, 21:00

Hey now.

x ImJakeyy
10-08-2015, 21:05
Anyone can confirm that all the pc 2.5 patch is gonna be included in the 3.0? Is not very clear in the OP.

Would guess so with 2.5 being before 3.0, not like they will remove stuff.

TheReaper GT
10-08-2015, 21:28
Would guess so with 2.5 being before 3.0, not like they will remove stuff.

But consoles don't have 2.5,so it's no that obvious.

x ImJakeyy
10-08-2015, 21:41

But with 3 being over 2.5 its obvious its included.
If it wasn't going to include it, it would have been patch 3 for PC, and 2.1 for consoles. Its 3.0 for a reason
Also I'm sure in the 2.5 patch thread it was said a later patch would include the stuff on console.

TheReaper GT
10-08-2015, 21:53
But with 3 being over 2.5 its obvious its included.
If it wasn't going to include it, it would have been patch 3 for PC, and 2.1 for consoles. Its 3.0 for a reason
Also I'm sure in the 2.5 patch thread it was said a later patch would include the stuff on console.

I don't think you are understanding me nor trying to do so. Maybe it's my bad English. My point is, a lot of people is complaining about some bugs addressed in patch 2.5 on pc, but not on consoles, and those don't need to read pc patch notes to be informed about console updates. It would be better if the items addressed in 2.5 were listed as consoles only under the 3.0 notes, just for clarification purpose.

Racer Pro
10-08-2015, 22:06
some thing in the 2.5 is for pc only and all other thing in the 2.5 yes come to console with the 3.0

ChrisK
10-08-2015, 22:39
can you just imagine if they release it and something doesn't work perfectly!

thats not much of a challenge.
i've got a challenge for you, can you imagine if they release it and it does work perfectly.

cmch15
10-08-2015, 22:50
some thing in the 2.5 is for pc only and all other thing in the 2.5 yes come to console with the 3.0

Yes, this. Couldn't find it to quote it but I did read somewhere on here that all relevant fixes from 2.5 will be on console too.

Lawndarts
10-08-2015, 22:50

Consoles are on 2.0, 2.5 was an interim patch to 3.0 released early to PC users. 3.0 includes 2.5. SMS have not branched code specific it any platform. And aren't likely to anytime soon.

If you want you can go compare the 2.5 and 3.0 but they aren't cut n paste, but clearly many parts of 3.0 are supported by 2.5, the formula A updates are a good example.

F1_Racer68
10-08-2015, 22:58
Consoles are on 2.0, 2.5 was an interim patch to 3.0 released early to PC users. 3.0 includes 2.5. SMS have not branched code specific it any platform. And aren't likely to anytime soon.

If you want you can go compare the 2.5 and 3.0 but they aren't cut n paste, but clearly many parts of 3.0 are supported by 2.5, the formula A updates are a good example.

As are the FFB updates such as having added the sliders for "Default" (post 1.4 FFB), "Classic" (pre 1.4 FFB) and "Custom". Those are all clearly mentioned in the 3.0 release notes, but came to PC in 2.5.

Lawndarts
10-08-2015, 23:29
The PC guys are just as excited to get more in 3.0, usually they get an early update but then that same update goes to console and the schedule resets. This last time they did an interim patch so we all get a lot more content.

A push this big is significant as they are clearly trying to clear the bugs backlog, likely making way for other more interesting backlog stuff.

mikutzu
11-08-2015, 06:06
Yup, that's the plan. Each update will move more towards on demand requested features and away from fixes as they're cleared off.

It's such a great feeling to see that you abandoned the game :rolleyes:

321Respawn
11-08-2015, 06:12
Wow so much added to the game that I thought I would never see in a racing game yet here it is .Thank you .

jason
11-08-2015, 10:56
Still waiting in anticipation

AB_Attack
11-08-2015, 13:14
The medium slicks make consistent grip between 180-220F, making this compound more useful as a strategic, lower wear choice. The soft slicks are the default dry tyre.
Now this is information I'm looking for. What are the optimal temps for what tyres on what cars (RUF GT3 tyres for example)? What are the optimal brake temps on what cars (I assume they differ)? Is this info available somewhere?

Wow so much added to the game that I thought I would never see in a racing game yet here it is .Thank you .
What are the features you never thought you'd see in a racing game?

Onikami
11-08-2015, 14:10
Any release dates?

Sepp666
11-08-2015, 14:11
I hope that Ians confirmation is not forgotten. Look here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35178-Project-CARS-PC-only-Patch-2-5-Release-notes&p=1051099&viewfull=1#post1051099

Beltoon
11-08-2015, 14:21
Reading the patch notes again. I can't find anything about the magnetic/glue issue when two cars touch. Here's a gif that illustrates this issue.

http://i.imgur.com/IqW8Wvf.gif

It's not about whose fault it was but about what happens. The BMW on the left probably doesn't know I'm still there and steers to the right to make room for the Mclaren. When we touch we both loose control of our cars and slide against the wall. The other player told me he was steering the other way but still crashed (quite strange) in the wall in front of me. It might not be the best way to illustrate this issue but I often hear people complain about this...

mattrickl06
11-08-2015, 14:24
I think that gif is the physics of what would happen in that situation, you are pushing left against the rear end of his car which is causing him to spin clockwise, therefore moving himself (and you) to the right.

staer90
11-08-2015, 14:25
even with this patch when people come into the lobby lags?

X1 of cure

Beltoon
11-08-2015, 14:45
I think that gif is the physics of what would happen in that situation, you are pushing left against the rear end of his car which is causing him to spin clockwise, therefore moving himself (and you) to the right.

It's not about the crash in the wall. After the first contact both cars (who are almost side by side at that moment) steer to the left and both cars go to the right on quite a low speed? I only hit his rear at the very end, the issue is that both players control over their wheel during the slightest contact. When comparing close racing between pCARS and other sim drivers as RaceRoom or AC there are some flaws.

Raven403
11-08-2015, 14:51
It's not about the crash in the wall. After the first contact both cars (who are almost side by side at that moment) steer to the left and both cars go to the right on quite a low speed? I only hit his rear at the very end, the issue is that both players control over their wheel during the slightest contact. When comparing close racing between pCARS and other sim drivers as RaceRoom or AC there are some flaws.

Yup, this is ridiculous, the slightest touch sticks the cars together like magnets. It's gotta get fixed, I've had instances where someone barely touches my car and we both end up going in a straight line off track

Raven403
11-08-2015, 14:53

That is NOT how that would go down IRL.

Fanapryde
11-08-2015, 14:59
It may have been done on purpose, to keep people from nudging others off track ?

Fong74
11-08-2015, 15:06
I never experienced any magnetic effects between cars tbh. I had the impression some times that one is not aware to touch another car, as it cant be always felt through the wheel (hence the ffb). So maybe that causes some strange situations, too...

z3r0cool77
11-08-2015, 15:10
The car on the right was steering to the left against the right rear panel of the other car. As was already mentioned that is going to make the other car want to spin to the right which then pushes both cars to the right and into the wall. And that wasn't even remotely "slightest contact." The cars were in SOLID contact and both drivers were continuing to ride the gas to try and push their way through the incident. That's just poor driving. The car on the right should have been on the brakes instead of turning the whole thing into a shoving match. If he had slowed down just a touch, the left hand car would have either regained control and pulled away (then the fact that he gained position as a result of leaving the track or causing a collision could be argued) or continued into a spin as a result of re-entering the track when it was not not clear. His error to begin with. A difficult one to avoid sometimes but an error none the less.

KamyKaze1098
11-08-2015, 15:21
Now this is information I'm looking for. What are the optimal temps for what tyres on what cars (RUF GT3 tyres for example)? What are the optimal brake temps on what cars (I assume they differ)? Is this info available somewhere?

It would be nice to have a manual per car ;)
with optimum temps and huds legends. Like in the Catheram I believe, I don't know what those numbers mean on the wheel changing Hud :P

Umer Ahmad
11-08-2015, 15:23
Typically i get off the gas/brake and steer away from the opponent when there's contact. This normally unlocks my car. It's not so easy to "drive/push through" the other cars. I always have some hits in mp games but rarely these days do i get locked, mostly i race GT3 class however.

Fong74
11-08-2015, 15:26
The car on the right was steering to the left against the right rear panel of the other car. As was already mentioned that is going to make the other car want to spin to the right which then pushes both cars to the right and into the wall. And that wasn't even remotely "slightest contact." The cars were in SOLID contact and both drivers were continuing to ride the gas to try and push their way through the incident. That's just poor driving. The car on the right should have been on the brakes instead of turning the whole thing into a shoving match. If he had slowed down just a touch, the left hand car would have either regained control and pulled away (then the fact that he gained position as a result of leaving the track or causing a collision could be argued) or continued into a spin as a result of re-entering the track when it was not not clear. His error to begin with. A difficult one to avoid sometimes but an error none the less.

Second that.

Beltoon
11-08-2015, 15:29

I wonder if we're watching the same clip. The car on the left slides to the right, when the cars touch I (on the right) immediately let go of the throttle and the car on the left steers to the left. I wonder where you see me pushing to the rear panel of the car. I guess that's just something you assume. But once again, this isn't the best way to illustrate this issue because there we're indeed some driver mistakes during this race. The false start of the BMW on the left was the reason we we're in this situation to begin with.

Denco
11-08-2015, 15:34

Fight-Test
11-08-2015, 15:39
there is a magnetic effect. Happens all the time and I only drive GT3. The two cars could of been both going away from each other but when you are stuck they wont pull apart unless one brakes alot slower than the other. THis happens all the time, how are you guys not knowing about this? I mean just go run 5 mins against the ai and it will happen. What the video looks like and what is happening physics wise are totally different. Thats not bad driving thats being stuck together no matter how it looks. Happens all the time.

Cars on the outside in corners pull the inside cars with them wide if they touch. The inside cars shouldn't even be effected by being touched if they are on the inside but it becomes totally uncontrollable and you get pulled with him outside car unless you hit brakes to brake the connection. completely defies physics.

donpost
11-08-2015, 15:45
The magnetic effect is real unfortunately, it happens all the time in MP.

Those patch notes though - that's not a patch it's an expansion!

macto
11-08-2015, 15:47
I've noticed the magnetic effect too. In my experience it's worse when someone brakes to soon and I go into the back of them, I hit the brakes but they're still attached to my front bumper - how can this be unless they're braking equally as hard as well but surely if I shunted them and then braked hard the impact would send them in a forward motion, not, like I say attached to my front.

Fong74
11-08-2015, 15:53
THis happens all the time, how are you guys not knowing about this? I mean just go run 5 mins against the ai and it will happen. What the video looks like and what is happening physics wise are totally different. Thats not bad driving thats being stuck together no matter how it looks. Happens all the time.

Maybe thats the point. I never do this. I only race online with fellow race mates. And there I never experienced any magnetic behaviour tbh... Just the named not-knowing-Im-pushing-someone-off-track behaviour. But Im not saying its not there. I just never experienced it. Will watch out for it in the future.

Cars on the outside in corners pull the inside cars with them wide if they touch. The inside cars shouldn't even be effected by being touched if they are on the inside but it becomes totally uncontrollable and you get pulled with him outside car unless you hit brakes to brake the connection. completely defies physics.

This sounds strange indeed. Shouldnt happen imo.

Situation in the GIF was very well explained above I think. But hey, thats how it is when several ppl look at the same video/replay: every one has a different opinion. Thats also the reason why being a race stewart and responsible for judging race incidents is not an easy job to do.

Fre.Mo
11-08-2015, 16:32
* PS4 USB keyboard – corrected mapping for keypad '.' / 'Del' keys, removed Pause being incorrectly hardcoded to the 'P' key.

Is it possible to display the parameter and its value when pushing a key including for the seat position and inclination. Why can t we edit assignment on the fly for field of view; does it need some code compiling?

Fanapryde
11-08-2015, 16:35
* PS4 USB keyboard – corrected mapping for keypad '.' / 'Del' keys, removed Pause being incorrectly hardcoded to the 'P' key.

Is it possible to display the parameter and its value when pushing a key including for the seat position and inclination. Why can t we edit assignment on the fly for field of view; does it need some code compiling?

This would even be more usefull for brake balance, roll bars etc...
For seat settings, you can see on screen what is happening.

z3r0cool77
11-08-2015, 16:52

You clearly state here that "both" cars are steering to the left. If you are in contact with a vehicle to your left and you are steering left then you are pushing. You may have let off the throttle a little upon the initial contact which may/may not be why your car slipped towards the the rear of the left hand vehicle which caused the left car to start pushing to the right in opposition to his steering input. You certainly didn't get on the brakes though which would have been enough to separate the 2 vehicles. Just to clarify I'm not trying to say it was necessarily "bad" driving . It's just one of those situations where when viewed in hindsight it becomes apparent what could have been done differently. 9 out of 10 times in the same situation most of us would have done the same thing.

Jezza819
11-08-2015, 17:36
there is a magnetic effect. Happens all the time and I only drive GT3. The two cars could of been both going away from each other but when you are stuck they wont pull apart unless one brakes alot slower than the other. THis happens all the time, how are you guys not knowing about this? I mean just go run 5 mins against the ai and it will happen. What the video looks like and what is happening physics wise are totally different. Thats not bad driving thats being stuck together no matter how it looks. Happens all the time.

I'm glad to hear someone else has noticed this. I thought it might have just been me. I'm on the brakes but the car in front will still pull me off track whichever direction he goes. I don't race online so it does do this in quick races also.

z3r0cool77
11-08-2015, 17:57
Think of it this way as well. When you turn your steering wheel full lock and your front wheel's turn, they actually extended out past the wheel wells. They are turning after all. Now imagine that your wheel well is pressed up against a wall or another car. How much do you think your wheel's are actually turning? They aren't, because they can't. So while you think you're turning full lock, it doesn't matter which direction, once you're pressed up against another car or a wall your wheels are not turning (at least no where near full lock) and you are plowing forward at the mercy of either the wall or the car that is off your front quarter. There is no magical "magnetic effect" that cannot be explained by what is physically happening to your car.

Fight-Test
11-08-2015, 18:00
Think of it this way as well. When you turn your steering wheel full lock and your front wheel's turn, they actually extended out past the wheel wells. They are turning after all. Now imagine that your wheel well is pressed up against a wall or another car. How much do you think your wheel's are actually turning? They aren't. So while you think you're turning full lock, it doesn't matter which direction, once you're pressed up against another car or a wall your wheels are not turning (at least no where near full lock) and you are plowing forward at the mercy of either the wall or the car that is off your front quarter. There is no magical "magnetic effect" that cannot be explained by what is physically happening to your car.

blah blah, its there man. Keep the wheel straight turn it 45 turn it 90 the cars stick together when wheel to wheel.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars

MABlosfeld
11-08-2015, 18:13
blah blah, its there man. Keep the wheel straight turn it 45 turn it 90 the cars stick together when wheel to wheel.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars/page2
I love these "example" videos which always seem to prove the exact opposite of the OP's point.

donpost
11-08-2015, 18:14
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars&p=944827&viewfull=1#post944827

In this post Ian confirms it's something they have programmed into the game (bumper entanglement), and that it may be too high.

I experienced it in a race this weekend......in a Formula B car :confused: Hopefully this effect is tuned a bit in 3.0.

thydney1970
11-08-2015, 18:18
The change log of atch 3.0 sounds great and i am looking forward for the release. For further patches/updates i also have some suggestions...Would it be possible to implement the option to print out the car setups on a sheet of paper for backing them up or have it ready for further steps. actually when i modify my setup or reset this to default values, all old settings are gone when i am not making any notes by hands. thats why a printing option in game would be fantastic.

it also would be great to get the possibility to store the setup created by my own under several slots per car. even with my own names probably. 5 slots would be enough. that would be fantastic and it will be great if my ideas could be considered in one of the further update-patches.

would be nice to hear something from the developers regarding my ideas.

TheReaper GT
11-08-2015, 18:21
^^ use print screen on the setup summary. If you have a Dropbox account set, you can configure it to automatically save the screenshots to an Dropbox folder at the key press...

jaymondo
11-08-2015, 18:22
Moving in the right direction, with some nice fixes and additions, though a little disappointed the setup system hasn't been overhauled. Any time line for the DX12 addition ?

F1_Racer68
11-08-2015, 18:31
Reading the patch notes again. I can't find anything about the magnetic/glue issue when two cars touch. Here's a gif that illustrates this issue.

It's not about whose fault it was but about what happens. The BMW on the left probably doesn't know I'm still there and steers to the right to make room for the Mclaren. When we touch we both loose control of our cars and slide against the wall. The other player told me he was steering the other way but still crashed (quite strange) in the wall in front of me. It might not be the best way to illustrate this issue but I often hear people complain about this...

I'm not convinced that this is a bug. The end result is very similar to the end result in this incident in the IMSA race at Lime Rock Park a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVe8CVbxLrk

Similar circumstances, and a similar end result. Exactly as I would expect given the physics at play between the two vehicles.

z3r0cool77
11-08-2015, 18:32

Absolutely nothing in that thread proves a magical "magnetic/glue" effect. Just because someone else made the complaint before doesn't make it true. It just makes both complainers wrong.

As for bumper entanglement, that as Ian acknowledged is a real thing. But it's not what is happening in the posted example in this thread. It DOES seem to be what's happening in a shift 2 video in the other thread but we're not playing shift 2 now are we.

Edit: Oh and if both cars are wheel to wheel pressing against each other going around a corner they SHOULD stick together for reasons already mentioned and others. None of which actually have anything to do with patch 3.0 anyway so.... moving on.

MABlosfeld
11-08-2015, 18:33
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27833-Glue-on-cars&p=944827&viewfull=1#post944827

In this post Ian confirms it's something they have programmed into the game (bumper entanglement), and that it may be too high.

I experienced it in a race this weekend......in a Formula B car :confused: Hopefully this effect is tuned a bit in 3.0.

I do not see anything wrong, there was a collision, just that
you may need to create a TURN OFF / ON EFFECT MAGNETIC.....;)

TrevorAustin
11-08-2015, 18:36
Moving in the right direction, with some nice fixes and additions, though a little disappointed the setup system hasn't been overhauled. Any time line for the DX12 addition ?

No decision on even if DX12 yet.

Fight-Test
11-08-2015, 18:55
Absolutely nothing in that thread proves a magical "magnetic/glue" effect. Just because someone else made the complaint before doesn't make it true. It just makes both complainers wrong.

As for bumper entanglement, that as Ian acknowledged is a real thing. But it's not what is happening in the posted example in this thread. It DOES seem to be what's happening in a shift 2 video in the other thread but we're not playing shift 2 now are we.

Edit: Oh and if both cars are wheel to wheel pressing against each other going around a corner they SHOULD stick together for reasons already mentioned and others. None of which actually have anything to do with patch 3.0 anyway so.... moving on.

yes please do!!! I race in real life and on a wheel here. What happens is not natural and i doesnt matter what it looks like in the video its what you feel and I can 100% say it is not correct to have to brake to rip apart. I can promise the car on left was trying to go straight, the car on right probably just trying to move to right to give room and car on left is stuck. THis happens all the time. Like I said go race the ai for 5 mins. It will happen in corners on a straight it doesnt matter. To much stickness and doesnt happen when you get into quarter panels. Just when your closer to door to door.

TonyR
11-08-2015, 20:09

Yes, that problem is in for years now.

The same happened here at exactly 14 sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJKuIQttUxE

When you encounter that bug or whatever it is the FFB goes limb, you can't steer anymore and both cars are simply going straight, I've watched so many races in RL and I've never seen such behaviour.

hoodi4cars
11-08-2015, 21:48
That "sticking" problem is typical for racing games from my experience, especially noticable on guardrails or walls. I guess it is realistic to a certain degree, the explanation would be that your wheels cannot turn away because they are physically blocked by an obstalce. The thing that is more the problem about it from a real-world point of view imo is the way how these situations arise. This kind of situation should only occur when you line up next to a wall or car in a very flat angle. When you hit a wall or car a bit more "aggresive" then there should just be a bigger repulsion force, instead of this magnetic pull to it.

Anyways, the thing that disturbs me personally the most on that is that there is no FFB that matches the effect. A soft-lock on the wheel should kick in, then it would feel more authentic that you stick to the car, because you are actually not able to turn your wheel. I can remember I suggested that during development, but I guess it was just one of the 1000 things that people suggested but that were less important than other things

Mmahockey
11-08-2015, 21:58
Yes, that problem is in for years now.

The same happened here at exactly 14 sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJKuIQttUxE

When you encounter that bug or whatever it is the FFB goes limb, you can't steer anymore and both cars are simply going straight, I've watched so many races in RL and I've never seen such behaviour.

What are the camera settings in that Aston!?

nhraracer
11-08-2015, 22:49
What are the camera settings in that Aston!?

Looks like an extreme fov setting.

MrBlacky
11-08-2015, 23:02
Another example for the "glue bug"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxt7Vmj20ag

TMoney
11-08-2015, 23:15
Yea there definitely seems to be some sort of force keeping the cars together. I've noticed it too as well as everyone else and it has lived with the game through most of development unfortunately.

Ian mentioned that the game simulates "bumper entanglement". I hope this can either be removed or substantially dialed back as the current solution doesn't seem quite right. Especially since bumpers on race cars are usually fiberglass, carbon, or very thin plastic I don't see how they would tangle together since the cars would just rip them apart. Probably all we need is an adjustment to make car to car contact worlds better. Looking forward to an update. 3.0?! :)

z3r0cool77
11-08-2015, 23:29
Another example for the "glue bug"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxt7Vmj20ag

You mean another example of YOU CAN'T TURN A WHEEL WHEN IT'S PRESSED UP AGAINST ANOTHER OBJECT, right? Cause all it does is illustrate the lack of any bug.

ChrisK
12-08-2015, 00:09

stop being argumentative. magnet cars is widely recognized as being apparent in the game; it absolutely exists. in some cases when the cars come together there is no way to disentangle at all even if you are turning the wheel completely in the opposite direction. i dont know if it exists in loads of other sims aswell, by some accounts this is an issue with many sims, but to say it doesn't happen is quite ridiculous.

ChrisK
12-08-2015, 00:20
Still waiting in anticipation

funny that there's all these fanboys making an issue of the fact that we shouldn't raise "why doesn't the patch include xxxxx" in this thread. theres already a place to do that apparently. really ? WHERE ? post after post, link after link by these people to the OP saying "don't raise why doesn't the patch include....", but no effort to describe where to raise or discuss it. then when you try and do the right thoing and start a new thread asking those questions so you can respect the OP...crickets. still waiting in anticipation for that reply. and then you know what will happen..."oh...its too late to include that that, wait for the next patch." :rolleyes:

Is it possible to display the parameter and its value when pushing a key including for the seat position and inclination. Why cant we edit assignment on the fly for field of view; does it need some code compiling?

100% agreed. i did raise this and ian has acknowledged that this would make sense but no word on it that i can see for this patch. a bigger frustration with that is firstly the fact that changes you make on track will not be saved in your settings when returning to pits, they will stay at the position they were in when existing pits. and secondly, in some cases, (aston gt4), the motec display will have info on the brake bias but when you make the brake bias change in race, that display doesn't update so we don't really know where we are at when making the changes. feels very random and not fit for purpose shall i say.

ONT
12-08-2015, 00:50
GLUE/MAGNETIC EFFECT.

Don't know what the state is at present (to much RL work for sim racing) but during development this was really noticeable on the OVAL tracks,

cars would stick/glue/magnetize to the the side wall of track....worth a deeper investigation if this BUG is still in game :cool:

z3r0cool77
12-08-2015, 00:51
stop being argumentative. magnet cars is widely recognized as being apparent in the game; it absolutely exists. in some cases when the cars come together there is no way to disentangle at all even if you are turning the wheel completely in the opposite direction. i dont know if it exists in loads of other sims aswell, by some accounts this is an issue with many sims, but to say it doesn't happen is quite ridiculous.

I'm just dumbfounded as to how it's so hard to comprehend that you can't turn the wheel in either direction if you're pressed up against a wall or another car....

ONT
12-08-2015, 00:55
I'm just dumbfounded as to how it's so hard to comprehend that you can't turn the wheel in either direction if you're pressed up against a wall or another car....

You'r tone is a little harsh for something that was a definite BUG during development :cool:

It may be partly solved but still there in certain citations.

ChrisK
12-08-2015, 01:02
I'm just dumbfounded.

We are in agreement then. I could have cut it even shorter, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt cos I'm an all round nice guy.

jason
12-08-2015, 01:03
Glue/ magnet is there , saying that it isn't is pure ignorance really . It has also been ignolaged by the dev team.

ONT
12-08-2015, 01:11
Glue/ magnet is there , saying that it isn't is pure ignorance really . It has also been ignolaged by the dev team.

Hope this can be solved before the OVAL DLC........we have all heard of the NASCAR crazy train.....but I don't think its magnetic :cool:

Crazy train at 6.55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtflBcW-ArM

jhony
12-08-2015, 01:36
OMG!

Nice one guys

Fantastic Job with the Update!