PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS - All Platforms - Patch 3.0 - Release notes - OUT NOW on PC, PS4, XB1

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

F1_Racer68
12-08-2015, 03:44
:eagerness::glee: The anticipation is starting to get to me.....

Logged into Steam and lo and behold it starting downloading an update!! I was :tickled_pink:!! Then I realized it was only 17MB in size and I was totally :dejection:

Really can't wait for this to hit my PC.... So looking forward to the Real Weather fix. It's one of the big things that has been holding up our league planning as it was one of the key features we were looking forward to using for that extra level of realism.

Once again, thanks to the entire SMS team for their efforts and continued support. Now is there anything you guys can do about my lack of patience??? :p

TrevorAustin
12-08-2015, 06:53
Lol, thought this was the patch 3 release notes not an "is their a magnetic effect not mentioned in the release notes" thread.

ChrisK
12-08-2015, 07:20
Lol, thought this was the patch 3 release notes not a is their a magnetic effect not mentioned in the release notes thread.

King Fanboy himself....thank you for your attendance your majesty.

Mascot
12-08-2015, 07:26
GLUE/MAGNETIC EFFECT.

Don't know what the state is at present (to much RL work for sim racing) but during development this was really noticeable on the OVAL tracks,

cars would stick/glue/magnetize to the the side wall of track....worth a deeper investigation if this BUG is still in game :cool:

Damn - didn't think of ovals. The magnetic effect will be a HUGE problem on these tracks.

Fong74
12-08-2015, 09:06
Absolutely aggree. Ovals are more kind of a full contact sort of racing. Its part of it, especially with Nascars. Bump drafting could become impossible e.g.

So, no signs of the v3.0 patch on Steam yet? :rolleyes:

satco1066
12-08-2015, 09:23
:eagerness::glee: The anticipation is starting to get to me.....

Logged into Steam and lo and behold it starting downloading an update!! I was :tickled_pink:!! Then I realized it was only 17MB in size and I was totally :dejection:

Really can't wait for this to hit my PC.... So looking forward to the Real Weather fix. It's one of the big things that has been holding up our league planning as it was one of the key features we were looking forward to using for that extra level of realism.

Once again, thanks to the entire SMS team for their efforts and continued support. Now is there anything you guys can do about my lack of patience??? :p

Seems, that this time they updated the PCars dedicated server before the main update.

MABlosfeld
12-08-2015, 13:58

Machinist90
12-08-2015, 14:04
real happy to see the DLC getting integrated into the career,well done,didn't expect that to happen.

diesel97
12-08-2015, 14:14

They put the AI slider in the global settings page ?? That not were i thought they would have put it , i thought it would be before you stat a race . I could be wrong and will have to wait and see.

CopperySinger5
12-08-2015, 14:15
real happy to see the DLC getting integrated into the career,well done,didn't expect that to happen.

Why not expect dlc to be integrated into main part of game (career)? defeats main point if it doesn't; unless just wanting to test the car with ai or trials.

TheReaper GT
12-08-2015, 15:10
not placed
if it were possible it would be good for all preferences
but it is not so simple

Say what?

Hammerpgh
12-08-2015, 15:14
Thank you for the patch, guys.
I'm a little bit disappointed that there is still no midgame save option. At least in solo mode it should be possible to save whenever we want.

But maybe next time. Thanks anyway.

Definitely agree with you there. I can't always spend the time at the wheel to complete the sessions in one go so that would be a godsend.

Fantastic job on this patch though. Really can't fault the work going into this game to make it the masterpiece we all want :)

Lagoa
12-08-2015, 15:45
Say what?

He wants all preferences. But it's not possible, as it was so simple if it could not be placed. You understand?

TheReaper GT
12-08-2015, 15:46
He wants all preferences. But it's not possible, as it was so simple if it could not be placed. You understand?

Barely, but I'm OK with that... :D

MABlosfeld
12-08-2015, 16:32
Barely, but I'm OK with that... :D

I'm fine with that too but some people are not happy with the
MAGNETISM alleged that keeps the car glued after collision.
If the resolve developers meet bothered a slider would be the ideal tool, just that.

TheReaper GT
12-08-2015, 16:37
I'm fine with that too but some people are not happy with the
MAGNETISM alleged that keeps the car glued after collision.
If the resolve developers meet bothered a slider would be the ideal tool, just that.

I'm talking about his response, nothing else...

MABlosfeld
12-08-2015, 16:53
They put the AI slider in the global settings page ?? That not were i thought they would have put it , i thought it would be before you stat a race . I could be wrong and will have to wait and see.

not placed
but it is not so simple

TheReaper GT
12-08-2015, 16:59
not placed
but it is not so simple

Now I got it, you've quoted the wrong post before.

MABlosfeld
12-08-2015, 17:27
Now I got it, you've quoted the wrong post before.

yes posted wrong, sorry

diesel97
12-08-2015, 18:02
not placed
but it is not so simple

they already had the sliders their they just needed to be fine tuned , i dont get it

Flaw3dGenius
12-08-2015, 18:32
Release the patch already!

Angst1974
12-08-2015, 18:44
Release the patch already!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/48578514.jpg

jason
13-08-2015, 05:34
Yeah I'm getting a little antsy for it also .... Bring it on.

Invincible
13-08-2015, 05:50

GForce
13-08-2015, 05:51
Is it out now? :-)

Racer Pro
13-08-2015, 05:59
Is it out now? :-)

not yet , maybe next week

321Respawn
13-08-2015, 06:21
Just had my first rain race since patch 3 went live and I must say the rain rivulets look brilliant and no more running out of fuel right in front of pit entrance because I calculated wrong has been a game changer for me .

Mmmmm is that bacon and coffee I smell ? Time to get out of bed .

hbc865
13-08-2015, 06:52
Where and how can I find the current patch in Xbox One console? I cant take it anymore driving with Thrustmaster FFB TX

Boskapongen
13-08-2015, 06:59
Where and how can I find the current patch in Xbox One console? I cant take it anymore driving with Thrustmaster FFB TX

In Games an Apps, find the icon for Pcars, at the same time, press the left small button(with two squares) and the two triggers. It should say: 2.0.0.1_x64 = ver 2.0

Nelly D Racer
13-08-2015, 08:39
In Games an Apps, find the icon for Pcars, at the same time, press the left small button(with two squares) and the two triggers. It should say: 2.0.0.1_x64 = ver 2.0

Wow that's pretty cool, how did you find that out?

CE 300
13-08-2015, 08:40
Longing for the patch and some car and track packs. Since the game has no ability to buy cars with ingame currency you earn, I really like to spend some real money to fill the inner hole. Besides I always need more cars. I have driven them all.

Photonmonkey
13-08-2015, 09:01
This isn't live yet on PC is it?

satco1066
13-08-2015, 09:11
This isn't live yet on PC is it?

looking back on history, if it was out, there would be a thread named

Project CARS Patch 3.0 - Release notes - OUT NOW - PC

but isn't.

Mascot
13-08-2015, 09:23
Quick question raised elsewhere: why does the patch need to go to Namco first? Is it purely to make sure licensing agreements haven't been compromised by new patch content?

Invincible
13-08-2015, 09:44
No, I think it is mainly because they are the ones in contact with MS / Sony / Steam as they are the distributors. And also they might have more staff to test for bugs and glitches as SMS does have.
And as a distributor, who is in contact with the likes of Sony / MS / Steam, I would want to test the the product too, before I pass it trough.
I mean, if I would let a deeply faulty product pass without testing, it could show me in a poor light.

odemode
13-08-2015, 11:17
I've asked this before and an answer was given but I'm wondering whether there will be a car specific leader board or the ability to wipe your own time. I ask this because I am in competition with a friend in an open wheel class but I stupidly put a time in using the Formula A car. Gutted as its now wiped my Formula Gulf time which was 2nd quickest.

Photonmonkey
13-08-2015, 12:18
I imagine patch 3.0 must be at least another couple of weeks off after seeing the amount in the release notes.

EMW Grogan
13-08-2015, 12:30
I imagine patch 3.0 must be at least another couple of weeks off after seeing the amount in the release notes.

Ps4 - optimistic but very possible

Xbox1 - hahahahahaha

TrevorAustin
13-08-2015, 12:31

They weren't starting to write it then:) it was in final testing.

Raven403
13-08-2015, 12:41
I assume they'd have to come back from sabbatical first

mister dog
13-08-2015, 12:57
Don't get too pushy nagging for this patch to get released sweeties, or SMS won't do us the courtesy of releasing the notes in advance anymore...

lifeofbrian
13-08-2015, 14:22
Yeah, stop wanting things, how dare people get impatient waiting for fixes for products they paid good money for, and then talking about it on forums, forums are not designed for discussing things....oh wait.

Sry, couldn't resist teasing, maybe if you didn't have over 900 posts and then make another post complaining about someone else posting something you don't like, I wouldn't have felt the need to point out the irony.:cool:

"There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else." Sam Walton (Walmart Founder)

Don't get too pushy nagging for this patch to get released sweeties, or SMS won't do us the courtesy of releasing the notes in advance anymore...

mister dog
13-08-2015, 14:45
Yeah, stop wanting things, how dare people get impatient waiting for fixes for products they paid good money for, and then talking about it on forums, forums are not designed for discussing things....oh wait.
The new patch doesn't only include bug fixes but also additional features which will enhance the game. You paid money for the base game in its base state, and a dev is not obliged to support it any further with fixes or enhancements. Yet this one does that continuously which they deserve some credit for. This dev. is also transparent enough to share what they are up to in advance. They could have just as easily publish the patch notes after it was released, to avoid reactions like 'I want it now' or 'Where's the damn patch???'. Again a courtesy to its customers which they deserve credit for.

Sry, couldn't resist teasing, maybe if you didn't have over 900 posts and then make another post complaining about someone else posting something you don't like, I wouldn't have felt the need to point out the irony.:cool:
I don't see what is ironic about that nor what it has to do with my post count. Just want to point out when people seem to behave themselves like spoiled little brats again that's all.

Umer Ahmad
13-08-2015, 14:47
a good read (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36998-Two-sides-to-every-story&p=1082109&viewfull=1#post1082109)

TrevorAustin
13-08-2015, 14:53

Although I think some tounge in cheek teasing is well justified for inordinate testing:)

novcze
13-08-2015, 15:09
No, I think it is mainly because they are the ones in contact with MS / Sony / Steam as they are the distributors. And also they might have more staff to test for bugs and glitches as SMS does have.
And as a distributor, who is in contact with the likes of Sony / MS / Steam, I would want to test the the product too, before I pass it trough.
I mean, if I would let a deeply faulty product pass without testing, it could show me in a poor light.

Yeah, if Namco/Sony allowed release of broken game that was (and in some aspects still is) Project CARS they don't have to bother with any testing because is probably done by blind monkeys. :cool:

jeanbob
13-08-2015, 17:26
Let a monkey do the testing? In my country we say that to let a monkey test a sms product is like letting a woman drive a car! Bananas I say!

Olijke Poffer
13-08-2015, 18:15
The new patch doesn't only include bug fixes but also additional features which will enhance the game. You paid money for the base game in its base state, and a dev is not obliged to support it any further with fixes or enhancements. Yet this one does that continuously which they deserve some credit for. This dev. is also transparent enough to share what they are up to in advance. They could have just as easily publish the patch notes after it was released, to avoid reactions like 'I want it now' or 'Where's the damn patch???'. Again a courtesy to its customers which they deserve credit for.

I don't see what is ironic about that nor what it has to do with my post count. Just want to point out when people seem to behave themselves like spoiled little brats again that's all.

I do not agree. We bought a game. When you buy a game you may expect it is a finished product. Some bugs ok, but not the in the state Pcars originally was released.
When you buy a car, you may expect it is a complete build car with no faults. I think when you buy a car and you must be afraid because the change is there you will loose wheels, you're gonna complain at the garage you bought the car.
The guy's at sms are doing their best to fix the problems and that is great but you can understand there are people not happy and they will complain about it.

Let's hope the fix 3.0 will gives the game we thought we bought.

mister dog
13-08-2015, 18:58
I do not agree. We bought a game. When you buy a game you may expect it is a finished product. Some bugs ok, but not the in the state Pcars originally was released.
I'm not going to deny PCARS had quite the bug infection at launch especially on consoles, and pre release Q&A might have lasted a couple of months longer for all platforms ideally (but then people would complain about another delay). Thing is SMS could have just patched the biggest ones and be done with it. If you read the patch notes you notice that a lot more effort is going into them and also feature wise a lot of stuff we request is added, which is still a courtesy to us which i'm grateful for.

When you buy a car, you may expect it is a complete build car with no faults. I think when you buy a car and you must be afraid because the change is there you will loose wheels, you're gonna complain at the garage you bought the car.
The guy's at sms are doing their best to fix the problems and that is great but you can understand there are people not happy and they will complain about it.
And that is what is happening on this forum indeed, but there's a difference in making your complaint heard in the appropriate thread for it, and constantly poluting every other thread with it, which many can't seem to distinguish here...

Im Sorry
13-08-2015, 19:39
Love reading all the posts from the do-gooders on here who think they know more and are supperior to the rest of us some how.:D

bluesky0870
13-08-2015, 19:40
I'm not going to deny PCARS had quite the bug infection at launch especially on consoles, and pre release Q&A might have lasted a couple of months longer for all platforms ideally (but then people would complain about another delay). Thing is SMS could have just patched the biggest ones and be done with it. If you read the patch notes you notice that a lot more effort is going into them and also feature wise a lot of stuff we request is added, which is still a courtesy to us which i'm grateful for.

What do you think why do they act like this? Because they are the salvation army? That happens only in their business interest... I can imagine they are interested in getting people involved in their "investment system" for PCars 2. And I also can imagine that a lot less people will be open minded to buy shares, if SMS leave the game as it is right now or even earlier.
In my opinion, I repeat: in mine, SMS is forced to fix the game and add new content to it as they promised that before release, because If SMS had broken that promise, they would have lost far more people willing to buy shares or simply the second part of the franchise.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their tries to fix the game and to release new stuff for the game, but I clearly can't see the welfare behavior that you want to make believe.

mister dog
13-08-2015, 19:49
Love reading all the posts from the do-gooders on here who think they know more and are supperior to the rest of us some how.:D
http://www.benryves.com/images/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

What do you think why do they act like this? Because they are the salvation army? That happens only in their business interest... I can imagine they are interested in getting people involved in their "investment system" for PCars 2. And I also can imagine that a lot less people will be open minded to buy shares, if SMS leave the game as it is right now or even earlier.
In my opinion, I repeat: in mine, SMS is forced to fix the game and add new content to it as they promised that before release, because If SMS had broken that promise, they would have lost far more people willing to buy shares or simply the second part of the franchise.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their tries to fix the game and to release new stuff for the game, but I clearly can't see the welfare behavior that you want to make believe.
Yes it's all a scam, they are just giving us stuff so we'd buy into PCARS 2 as they are desperate for our money. I heard Ian is laughing all the way to the bank right now in his brand new Bugatti.

beetes_juice
13-08-2015, 19:58

Love reading all the post from the naysayers that constantly barrage the forum with pointless 'this game sucks' banter. ;)

Im Sorry
13-08-2015, 20:05
Love reading all the post from the naysayers that constantly barrage the forum with pointless 'this game sucks' banter. ;)

Game doesn't suck.Just needs fixed!

Charger
13-08-2015, 20:43
Game sucks donkey balls, I love donkey balls ;)

legendm0de
13-08-2015, 21:08

Buy shares as in, expecting to turn a profit? Lol

Makes me feel like everything you're saying is inaccurate, but please continue explaining this for us..

I haven't play PCars in nearly a month, not for major reason. It's a challenging and fun game, but one problem I had was an enormous lack of information that I wanted to see. I have yet to even race, I only do track day open practice.

I came here because I've wondered if this new patch since it includes telemetry data, does that force us to use screen displays while playing or could we simply access this information when we pit.

Without access to the current companion apps, these additions are well deserved for console users but I want holistic access this information in the pits.

bluesky0870
13-08-2015, 21:35
Buy shares as in, expecting to turn a profit? Lol

Makes me feel like everything you're saying is inaccurate, but please continue explaining this for us..

Have a look here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32482-Announcing-Project-CARS-2-Sign-Up-Now!

or for example here: http://www.gadgetdetail.com/project-cars-2-announced-slightly-mad-studios/

or here for the actual amount of funds (shares): http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

The rest is up to you...

Jezza819
13-08-2015, 21:40

I waited one year to buy Forza 5 after it was launched. After one year should I have expected a finished game? Yet nearly two years after it's released it still has issues. So basically Turn 10 flips the middle finger and says, that's all you get. I much rather have someone like SMS that at least acknowledges they have issues, communicates with the players what they intend to do about them, you've got more than one patch instead of one and done, the developers are on here, heck the head of the studio is on here. To me that goes a long, long way and allows me to be pretty patient.

legendm0de
13-08-2015, 21:51
Have a look here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32482-Announcing-Project-CARS-2-Sign-Up-Now!

or for example here: http://www.gadgetdetail.com/project-cars-2-announced-slightly-mad-studios/

or here for the actual amount of funds (shares): http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

The rest is up to you...

:hopelessness: ..

First these investments are not even expensive to justify your bellyaching. But secondly, these aren't "shares" and this isn't a business venture for these people involved. You seem to misunderstand everything about the concept but you have so much to say.

bluesky0870
13-08-2015, 21:55
:hopelessness: ..

First these investments are not even expensive to justify your bellyaching. But secondly, these aren't "shares" and this isn't a business venture for these people involved. You seem to misunderstand everything about the concept but you have so much to say.

So please enlighten me with your wisdom. Maybe via private message as it may turn off topic.
And nobody said that it is a business for the buyers, smartie.

Im Sorry
13-08-2015, 22:03
Anyway everyone.Cut the shizz.

When's it out ? :jaded:

TheReaper GT
13-08-2015, 22:09
Anyway everyone.Cut the shizz.

When's it out ? :jaded:

It's already out in Canada. True story :D

Stryker44
13-08-2015, 22:13
Sounds like alot of people here need a Waaaamburger and some frenchCries.

I thought this forum was for patch 3.0 notes only? Any thoughts on that subject?

nhraracer
13-08-2015, 22:18
Sounds like alot of people here need a Waaaamburger and some frenchCries.

I thought this forum was for patch 3.0 notes only? Any thoughts on that subject?

You have now entered the twilight zone. Do do do do do do do do.

legendm0de
13-08-2015, 22:28
So please enlighten me with your wisdom. Maybe via private message as it may turn off topic.
And nobody said that it is a business for the buyers, smartie.

You came with this novel idea that they are releasing patches and upgrades in order continue luring players interest for further projects. Do you have any idea what it costs to release patches on these console networks, it's far from free. It costs them more to release the patches than the return from using your idea, to release patches in order to get more "support" from fans. Who you also seemed to say were investing, in exchange for shares in the game. Even if you didn't mean that, it's a hilarious accusation.

donpost
13-08-2015, 22:34
Yeah the game has its bugs but the core is excellent. If all the bugs disappeared tomorrow Project Cars would be far and away the best console racing sim, and a real competitor to anything on the PC. My mind is blown by the amount of great stuff coming in this patch and they seem intent on keeping that up. There's lots of reasons to be optimistic I feel.

bluesky0870
13-08-2015, 22:54
You came with this novel idea that they are releasing patches and upgrades in order continue luring players interest for further projects. Do you have any idea what it costs to release patches on these console networks, it's far from free. It costs them more to release the patches than the return from using your idea, to release patches in order to get more "support" from fans. Who you also seemed to say were investing, in exchange for shares in the game. Even if you didn't mean that, it's a hilarious accusation.

With no word I've said that it is an investment of the "fans" to get a monetary advantage. They "only" help to "pre-finance" the game and for doing so they are getting benefits like early access to the game and many things more. So this is a win-win for both sides.
Sorry, if you have stumbled on the word "shares". In the end the pre- financing is a kind of a share. the more you fund, the more non monetary advantages are given to you.
What if SMS would have stopped patching or improving after patch 1 or 1.4? The willingness of the fans (you called them so) to fund maybe would not have been that large as it is right now.
So see the patching of PCars1 that SMS did, is doing and will do as an investment into the future. To keep people/ fans/ funding people satisfied and interested in the next part of PCars.
And not only as an act of compassion and altruism.
Maybe now it is more understandable even to you.

Angst1974
13-08-2015, 23:21
I have somehow , inexplicably and very happily put in 120+ hours , into an "bug ridden, incomplete game" .

I suppose if it was perfect in every way , I'd be unemployed and hiding in my basement , having not bathed in 3 months

legendm0de
13-08-2015, 23:26
With no word I've said that it is an investment of the "fans" to get a monetary advantage. They "only" help to "pre-finance" the game and for doing so they are getting benefits like early access to the game and many things more. So this is a win-win for both sides.
Sorry, if you have stumbled on the word "shares". In the end the pre- financing is a kind of a share. the more you fund, the more non monetary advantages are given to you.
What if SMS would have stopped patching or improving after patch 1 or 1.4? The willingness of the fans (you called them so) to fund maybe would not have been that large as it is right now.
So see the patching of PCars1 that SMS did, is doing and will do as an investment into the future. To keep people/ fans/ funding people satisfied and interested in the next part of PCars.
And not only as an act of compassion and altruism.
Maybe now it is more understandable even to you.

I have no idea where you were when this game released and they announced there would be continued support and patches to the game for many months to come.. If anyone was paying attention to this process, the studio was being a bit rushed into releasing by a number of factors.

If it were completely up to them I doubt the game would even have released when it did. We could still be going right now with no release date in sight, if it were solely about readiness.

-IGN- Spinster
13-08-2015, 23:35
It's already out in Canada. True story :D

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u497/Gametrailers_Auto-Racing/fp_zpsmtt5dtom.png

jason
14-08-2015, 00:04
$20 its out tonight :)

"slides money very slowly to the table"

Racer Pro
14-08-2015, 00:37
$20 its out tonight :)

"slides money very slowly to the table"lol

Charger
14-08-2015, 02:09
I'll take that bet and raise you for Tuesday :)

jason
14-08-2015, 02:35
I'll take that bet and raise you for Tuesday :)

"Slips the second $20 onto the table extremely slowly ... sun glasses on.. for the raise" Looks decidedly worried .

JonZ
14-08-2015, 03:39
if he scratch his forehead, he's lying.

Olijke Poffer
14-08-2015, 06:00
I waited one year to buy Forza 5 after it was launched. After one year should I have expected a finished game? Yet nearly two years after it's released it still has issues. So basically Turn 10 flips the middle finger and says, that's all you get. I much rather have someone like SMS that at least acknowledges they have issues, communicates with the players what they intend to do about them, you've got more than one patch instead of one and done, the developers are on here, heck the head of the studio is on here. To me that goes a long, long way and allows me to be pretty patient.
I don't say or mean SMS is a lousy developer and yes there are more games which are released to early. The point is that I bought Pcars, so that is the discussion here. I don't care if forza also has problems, I'm talking about Pcars here. :)

Shewy92
14-08-2015, 06:44
every game has problems but some dont patch them at all.

KkDrummer
14-08-2015, 07:49
3.0 looks promising, but I will wait until it's been confirmed that the 4 red tires of death, tire performance under wet conditions and other pitstop bugs have been fixed.

Liquid7394
14-08-2015, 09:02
every game has problems but some dont patch them at all.
Such as?

TheBaldReverend
14-08-2015, 09:44
Has the patch been submitted to Sony/MS?

TheReaper GT
14-08-2015, 09:47
Has the patch been submitted to Sony/MS?

I don't think they will let we know that this time. People get crazy around here with that kind of info.

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 09:50
I don't think they will let we know that this time. People get crazy around here with that kind of info.

l hope SMS dont.
Just let them do their thing and until then sit back and drink tea.
Let them surprise you with, what obviously is Project CARS 1.5 :)
Cant wait to discover all the new stuff and improvements!

TheBaldReverend
14-08-2015, 09:50

Fair enough, that sounds perfectly sensible.

Bealdor
14-08-2015, 09:51
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36052-See-post-120-Patch-3-0&p=1074063&viewfull=1#post1074063

TheBaldReverend
14-08-2015, 09:56
On another note, I think although the constant stream of enquiries/praise/criticism/bitching/general whingeing can be boring, it shows people are emotionally invested in the game and want it to be the best it can be, silence and apathy would be much worse as it would show people do not give a toss.

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 10:01
On another note, I think although the constant stream of enquiries/praise/criticism/bitching/general whingeing can be boring, it shows people are emotionally invested in the game and want it to be the best it can be, silence and apathy would be much worse as it would show people do not give a toss.

Yep.
And l think Ian has stated that the team only has been so quiet the last few weeks, because they were working on the big patch.
l really hope for all of us that it paid off :)

RomKnight
14-08-2015, 10:03
Hopefully they're quiet because their on vacation as well. They do deserve it.

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 10:06
Hopefully they're quiet because their on vacation as well. They do deserve it.

If patch 3.0 delivers, l'll pay their vacation! :p
Or maybe not...

TheReaper GT
14-08-2015, 10:07

That's not the problem. The problem is, they say it was submitted, people assume it's gonna be out in few days. Than, something happen, xbox patch get benched, ps4 patch s not approved, pc people ask why they have to wait for the other platforms release. Sms have been pretty open about everything but some people can't handle so much information and start to disturb things. I guess that's why other developers don't even communicate with the players anymore...

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 10:09
I guess that's why other developers don't even communicate with the players anymore...

l dont think other developers of this size have ever communicated with their fans.

Invincible
14-08-2015, 10:09
Ian should give them an extra day off after the patch for all their hard work. They deserve it.

TheReaper GT
14-08-2015, 10:11
Ian should give them an extra day off after the patch for all their hard work. They deserve it.

I've heard he is gonna give a Ferrari for each team member as soon as the patch arrives...

miagi
14-08-2015, 10:14
I've heard he is gonna give a Ferrari for each team member as soon as the patch arrives...
Sure why not :>

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TS4B4TW0L.jpg

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 10:17
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TS4B4TW0L.jpg

l hope thats not a dev in that car :s

TheReaper GT
14-08-2015, 10:17
l dont think other developers of this size have ever communicated with their fans.

I'm pretty sure you're absolutely right.

Invincible
14-08-2015, 10:18

But I don't wanna! I want a Mclaren 675LT!

Bealdor
14-08-2015, 10:19
l hope thats not a dev in that car :s

That's the vehicle artist that creates the Ferrari DLC cars. Should be finished in 10+ years. :p

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 10:20
That's the vehicle artist that creates the Ferrari DLC cars. Should be finished in 10+ years. :p

:( :( :(

Invincible
14-08-2015, 10:38

Make it 20+ years. In 10 years he'd still be in high school. :p

Bealdor
14-08-2015, 10:39
Make it 20+ years. In 10 years he'd still be in high school. :p

He's a talented guy...

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 11:18
He's a talented guy...

Are we really having this discussion at the moment?! :wink-new:

presuming ed
14-08-2015, 11:47
Why not expect dlc to be integrated into main part of game (career)? defeats main point if it doesn't; unless just wanting to test the car with ai or trials.

Experience in other games if it's the same as me. GRID Autosport DLC content didn't integrate, it was all separate from the main game.

x ImJakeyy
14-08-2015, 12:21
Any sign of Patch 3.0 on steam today?

Denco
14-08-2015, 12:42
I'm getting a 2.1 GB download from steam right now :)

All I did was restarted steam.

Stephen Viljoen
14-08-2015, 12:45
PC Patch 3 final Release Notes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37074-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-3-0-Release-Notes). Enjoy! :)

NutsMammoth
14-08-2015, 12:45
I confirm, currently downloading a 2.1 GB update for the game! :D

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 12:46
Lucky you, PC guys!
Enjoy :)

Bealdor
14-08-2015, 12:51
Thread title updated. :cool:

FoxMulder
14-08-2015, 12:57
Bloody Norah! Oh the wait :mad:

Stephen Viljoen
14-08-2015, 12:59
PS4 patch 3 final release notes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37075-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-3-0-Release-Notes). Have fun :)

Ayrton973
14-08-2015, 13:00
Hi Stephen,
PS4 Version ? When it comes Ot ?

Stephen Viljoen
14-08-2015, 13:00
We don't have confirmation back on the Xbox One patch yet. As soon as we do we will let you all know.

Machinist90
14-08-2015, 13:05
We don't have confirmation back on the Xbox One patch yet. As soon as we do we will let you all know.

so happy I switched to PC,i'd be throwing my xbox through the window at this point haha,congrats again on the patch,looks amazing,I'll have a go with it later today

Raven403
14-08-2015, 13:06

Once again....

Goddamnit

Stephen Viljoen
14-08-2015, 13:06
PS4 patch 3 final release notes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37075-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-3-0-Release-Notes). Have fun :)

Bump for page over.

Raven403
14-08-2015, 13:13
What the HELL do we have to do to get a patch the same day??

Machinist90
14-08-2015, 13:17

I understand the frustration,I really do but keep in mind this is out of SMS's hands

Elaine The Racer

Pay Bill Gates £1 billion :') (joking of course!) but I do wish us X1 users got it the same day as PC/PS4 users!

Mark Quigley

You need to talk to Sony and Microsoft about changing their patching verification policy.

danowat

Unless the certification process for all platforms is the same...........

RoccoTTS
14-08-2015, 13:20
What makes a few days/weeks in a lifetime ?
Why are so many people so impatient ?
I'm happy when i get it on X1, even if it's next week or even later !

Raven403
14-08-2015, 13:20
Yes , I'll do that, with all my power and influence I'm sure the big shots at MS will change it toot sweet.

Better make a call

Raven403
14-08-2015, 13:22

If the other two platforms didn't have it either I'd agree with you.

staer90
14-08-2015, 13:30
a question: but the version x1 still Lagging and lock the screen when it enters people in the lobby? or it resolved?

Raven403
14-08-2015, 13:32
a question: but the version x1 still Lagging and lock the screen when it enters people in the lobby? or it resolved?

Read the patch notes, lock drive button Should be fixed, the stutter when someone joins is an inevitable occurrence unfortunately, but hopefully they can optimize it later

TrevorAustin
14-08-2015, 13:33

That's shit news:( but you know the answer to that:) either Microsoft need to change (yeh, very likely) or your platform does.

Bultaco85
14-08-2015, 14:03
Hi,

This one always happens to me in Silverstone, Brno and Dubai Tracks even when not low on fuel.

Brent G
14-08-2015, 15:24
I understand the frustration,I really do but keep in mind this is out of SMS's hands

Might be nice for all patches to be released together, its a constant slap in the face for Xboxer's

Brent G
14-08-2015, 15:30

Its not about being impatient Rocco, its more about feeling less favoured as an Xbox user. That sounds a bit stupid. What I mean is wouldn't it have gone down better if all formats were released simultaneously?

a_alajeel
14-08-2015, 15:45
not out on PS4.

i just downloaded the PC version, i went to update the ps4 version and its not there.

Im Sorry
14-08-2015, 15:46
Don't really care if I need to wait on Xbox.As long as it works!!

skells22
14-08-2015, 15:52
erm, i did download a ps4 patch just now for project cars. I do not know which part of Sony you are in but you shoud get it very soon

Fanapryde
14-08-2015, 16:33
Mine is installed. (Belgium).

giulianbu
14-08-2015, 16:39
always the last of us xboxone true! Today I sell

hoodi4cars
14-08-2015, 16:44
SMS, you made me so happy with this release! That new track cut definitions system, I was so excited when I read about it, didn't think you would ever do that to be honest. And the reset of the leaderboards already, I would have thought we would have to wait a while for that to come too. Oh my beloved Time Trial mode, I will love it more than ever!! Thank you so much! I will definaltey buy some DLC, even though I'm not really interested in it because the content is more than enough for me already in vanilla. But you just deserve that money for your effort! People who know me a bit longer in this community know that I was never exactly the most positive or confident guy and that I'm generally very critical. But the way this game evolves, it has really become very hard to find arguments why pCARS would not be the best racing sim EVER.

THANK YOU SMS!

Schnizz58
14-08-2015, 16:50
John Carmack did that didn't he?

TheReaper GT
14-08-2015, 16:54
John Carmack did that didn't he?

He gave a gorgeous 328 as a quake 4 tournament prize.

barmydoughnut
14-08-2015, 16:57
always the last of us xboxone true! Today I sell

Not sure it was intended but more of a coincidence bearing in mind that the last of us is a play station game. Anyway I'm sure no matter how long we have to wait it is still going to be amazing.

Elaine The Racer
14-08-2015, 17:00
This patch is like as Clarkson would put it "I can't look at the front of this car because it makes me aroused" this patch on PS4 anyway is superb! Now I just need the Xbox One version so I can use my wheel!

Schnizz58
14-08-2015, 17:03
Might be nice for all patches to be released together, its a constant slap in the face for Xboxer's
Why should the PC guys have to wait because we made a poor decision?

PzR Slim
14-08-2015, 17:05
Its not about being impatient Rocco, its more about feeling less favoured as an Xbox user. That sounds a bit stupid. What I mean is wouldn't it have gone down better if all formats were released simultaneously?

Why should PC and PS4 users miss out because Microsoft don't have as quick a verification process?

rocafella1978
14-08-2015, 17:10
not out east coast USA yet on PS4

Scott1904
14-08-2015, 17:14
Is it possible to see the tyre wear on HUD now?

TheReaper GT
14-08-2015, 17:15
Is it possible to see the tyre wear on HUD now?

Yep

rocafella1978
14-08-2015, 17:17
Hi Rocafella. Will be looking forward to your G29 setting update after the 3.0 is released in NA. What thread will you be posting the G29 update? Thanks in advance.
wilco and will update accordingly over the weekend!

Elaine The Racer
14-08-2015, 17:18
Is MS going to screw us over again with the 2month wait again? :( that WOULD suck! Any news?

Umer Ahmad
14-08-2015, 17:20
not out east coast USA yet on PS4

Downloading in USA.

That escalated quickly!

Raven403
14-08-2015, 17:22
Is MS going to screw us over again with the 2month wait again? :( that WOULD suck! Any news?

Don't hold your breathe Elaine! Few more drinks are in order I think now, looks like we will have to wait until next week at the earliest :grumpy:

Scott1904
14-08-2015, 17:29
Yep

thank you, i drived some rounds but i cant fint it on HUD. Can you help me? where i can find tyre wear on HUD?

danowat
14-08-2015, 17:33
thank you, i drived some rounds but i cant fint it on HUD. Can you help me? where i can find tyre wear on HUD?

The coloured tyre icons reduce (a bit like a fuel gauge) with wear.

TheReaper GT
14-08-2015, 17:37

Try set the wear to 7x just to test it.

Elaine The Racer
14-08-2015, 17:58
Don't hold your breathe Elaine! Few more drinks are in order I think now, looks like we will have to wait until next week at the earliest :grumpy:

*cracks open a cold one*

Nothing like time wasting! With beer ^_^

pippinfort
14-08-2015, 18:11
*cracks open a cold one*

Nothing like time wasting! With beer ^_^

25cl too small, I'm gonna have to drink another while i wait.

FS7
14-08-2015, 23:30
I've heard rumors about Red Bull Ring being in the game files, can anyone confirm if that's true?

miagi
14-08-2015, 23:39
I've heard rumors about Red Bull Ring being in the game files, can anyone confirm if that's true?Where did you get that from?

FS7
14-08-2015, 23:45
Where did you get that from?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-track-list.305495/page-25#post-10911228

MrMattClarke
15-08-2015, 00:03
Downloaded this evening on PS4. Loving the tweaks, especially with car set up, pitting and force feedback.

The weather forecasts are a great idea, but how far into the future do they look? Mine said the forecast was cloud, but within 5 laps we had a thunderstorm. I'm sure 'real' forecasts would have picked this up, as it basically shit down for the rest of the race

miagi
15-08-2015, 00:32
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-track-list.305495/page-25#post-10911228
Hmm, that seems like a reliable source, no reason to doubt that.

xXDoc187Xx
15-08-2015, 03:23
Haven't got a chance to tryout patch 3.0 yet, how's the new ffb options and new feature's

WarlordBR
15-08-2015, 04:56
RUF CTR3-GT Velocity 1HR (win 2 team championships) and Supercar FreeFall 24HR Panorama (win 4 team championships) still locked...
And now appear a new challenge (win 320 touring Challenge)...how do i unlock it ??

TheReaper GT
15-08-2015, 05:00
RUF CTR3-GT Velocity 1HR (win 2 team championships) and Supercar FreeFall 24HR Panorama (win 4 team championships) still locked...
And now appear a new challenge (win 320 touring Challenge)...how do i unlock it ??

Probably with the BMW 320Si touring car. It will be in this month DLC, probably...

Chevi
15-08-2015, 05:22

Same problem: According to the release notes 3.0, these two invitationals (after winnig 2 team championships and 4 team championships) should be unlocked. But they are not. They are still locked. :(

DonArturo
15-08-2015, 05:25
strangely for me the real weather still doesn´t work. It´s all bright bright sunshiny days... are there some extra firewall-settings I need to alter or has anyone else still got the problem? should be working, since some people reported it did now :(
Otherwise I need to add: Patch is absolutely awesome! :D

edit: weirdly, the second I decided to post the weather-problem here it disappeared and weather ist correctly fetched! maybe I should post all my problems here and expect them to be self-solved, so: i need more money, bigger flat, less heat outside.... ;-)

yusupov
15-08-2015, 07:29
ive finally sat down with this patch for a bit, what a tremendous improvement. my personal list of issues is suddenly 1/10th the size, fantastic job SMS!

Ramiboo
15-08-2015, 08:14
Anyone else getting a few issues in the edit setup menu. Some options (So far, brake pressure and rear tyre) when editing the AMG DTM setup at Willow Springs Int Raceway are washed out when you select them, you have to press the down button twice to get past them, on second press the option becomes normal colour. This was in an online lobby, but not sure if it's limited to this game scenario as that's all I've played with the new Patch.

Loving the new features though

DFAlex
15-08-2015, 08:39
Moin,
not sure if this is the right place, if not sorry...
I got this yesterday, we had Qualli on one of the Malzbierbude Dedis, in Race it was gone...but funny...Track was Imola, i used the Ginetta GT3...

Lg
Alex

miagi
15-08-2015, 08:58
So looking at the forums overall it looks like a pretty decent patch at least. Even the troll haters have trouble finding stuff to moan about ^_^ The console guys seam to be much happier now then before. A few minor bugs were added to the game with patch 3.0, but that should be an easy fix with the next round up. So all in all a very solid package and a damn good work http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/images/icons/icon14.pnghttp://forum.projectcarsgame.com/images/icons/icon14.png.

If I'd had a wish, it would be to have someone continue developing the API resp. bring new data into the API, like ride height, spring travel and tire pressure :x

Human
15-08-2015, 09:52
SMS and all involved, kudos for improving even further on an already cracking sim. The new ffb options are a revelation!!!!! Many more hours of fun to be had. Well done guys, keep up the good word!!

Raven403
15-08-2015, 11:29
Yeah I gotta say, after spending some time with it on PC last night it's a big improvement. Atleast for single player stuff, and I now like the road cars, so kudos on that!

Love love love the new tire hud, and weather forecast, and Telemetry showing your current tires, my biggest wins for this patch. Good good good.

Now I hope it all translates to xbox

Roger Prynne
15-08-2015, 11:59
Moin,
not sure if this is the right place, if not sorry...
I got this yesterday, we had Qualli on one of the Malzbierbude Dedis, in Race it was gone...but funny...Track was Imola, i used the Ginetta GT3...

Lg
Alex

This is PC right?

Elaine The Racer
15-08-2015, 13:48
GT Planet? Oh they said about the TS040 is in the game files but then I posted on here well I got mixed reactions, so again like the Toyota LMP1, I'll believe Red Bull Ring when I see it. (Which I do hope, like the TS040 also)

Raven403
15-08-2015, 13:49
GT Planet? Oh they said about the TS040 is in the game files but then I posted on here well I got mixed reactions, so again like the Toyota LMP1, I'll believe Red Bull Ring when I see it. (Which I do hope, like the TS040 also)

Are you being silly again Elaine?? Lol ;)

Toyotagt1
15-08-2015, 14:03
Good work :)

Jakob
15-08-2015, 14:27
Good stuff, feels like a new game!!!

homed
15-08-2015, 14:43
And what about patch for XBOX ONE ?
It's still outrageous to be always the last
The online is increasingly empty as most people do play with all these bugs !

T3RRAF0RM
15-08-2015, 14:44
Great to see how well project cars is being supported. Still, it's a bit disappointing to not see anything about the audio stuttering on Xbox one.

TheReaper GT
15-08-2015, 14:47
Great to see how well project cars is being supported. Still, it's a bit disappointing to not see anything about the audio stuttering on Xbox one.

And you will not see it before an xbox system update. The witcher has the same problem due to the use of the seventh core. It will be fixed as soon as Microsoft release the new sdk.

TrevorAustin
15-08-2015, 15:05
And what about patch for XBOX ONE ?
It's still outrageous to be always the last
The online is increasingly empty as most people do play with all these bugs !

So who do you think should fix this?

N0body Of The Goat
15-08-2015, 15:17
strangely for me the real weather still doesn´t work. It´s all bright bright sunshiny days... are there some extra firewall-settings I need to alter or has anyone else still got the problem? should be working, since some people reported it did now :(
Otherwise I need to add: Patch is absolutely awesome! :D

edit: weirdly, the second I decided to post the weather-problem here it disappeared and weather ist correctly fetched! maybe I should post all my problems here and expect them to be self-solved, so: i need more money, bigger flat, less heat outside.... ;-)

By default, "real weather" gives me an odd date and time, when it is supposed to run on the current day's weather forecast and by default the current time.

In order to correct this, the last thing I do before launching an offline mode (quick race weekend; free practice), is cycle through all the weather slot options until I reach "real weather" again.

For online server hosting, I have to do the above just before launching the server and then do it again in the server lobby, by clicking the weather tile.

If you want, you can change the starting time to any hour of the current day and get the weather that happened or is forecast to happen according to the website used for this feature.

You can also adjust the "weather progression" slider, I love setting it to x30, to often get a real mix of conditions at Spa. :D

GForce
15-08-2015, 15:26
Thanks SMS for releasing the patch so quickly!!! 👍

Charger
15-08-2015, 16:41
"Slips the second $20 onto the table extremely slowly ... sun glasses on.. for the raise" Looks decidedly worried .

Looks like I owe you $40 lol,

Elaine The Racer
15-08-2015, 18:21
Are you being silly again Elaine?? Lol ;)

Haha totally Raven! ;)

Mess
15-08-2015, 22:55
Now rain looks better, but in other games looks brilliant. There will be in future new rain drop system?

yusupov
15-08-2015, 22:58
oh god

Scuderia Paul
15-08-2015, 23:25
I am really enjoying the improvements of v3.00. The updated rain effects are great and help to immerse you further and add tension to races because of the more realistic look. The reclassification of cars for Online reduces the lucky dip vibe of old too. Also, the updated dirt effects look fantastic now - My R18 e-tron quattro looked amazing after a race at La Sarthe tonight.

If PCars continues to improve at this rate it will be close to perfect by Christmas.

Please fix the issue of liveries resetting to Random when we change car as it is driving me mental!

Now rain looks better, but in other games looks brilliant. There will be in future new rain drop system?

What if those other games bring an improved build of their rain system? Should SMS then go one better? What we have now is really good and we should be more than happy with the improvement.

CopperySinger5
16-08-2015, 00:07
Update 3.0 is very good.
below is a chart that shows my opinion the improvement this update has made to project cars. Compared to other racing sims I have played and enjoyed.215186
note: my review is based on the games as a whole not just parts/preferences of a game.

Im confident about that 9.8 it is well deserved. Thank you sms for this marvelous racing sim.

mister dog
16-08-2015, 00:26
Update 3.0 is very good.
below is a chart that shows my opinion the improvement this update has made to project cars. Compared to other racing sims I have played and enjoyed.215186
note: my review is based on the games as a whole not just parts/preferences of a game.

Im confident about that 9.8 it is well deserved. Thank you sms for this marvelous racing sim.

Let me guess; you are an accountant or your boss forces you to make a lot of powerpoint presentations :)

Old Hippie
16-08-2015, 04:09
Let me guess; you are an accountant or your boss forces you to make a lot of powerpoint presentations :)

none of those games that he is comparing to are even sims..........smh........?

DonArturo
16-08-2015, 06:00
@ N0body Of The Goat

Thank you for trying to help :-) I do just the same as you, cycle through the slot options to correct date and time, and for a while it worked fine yesterday. However, a couple of hours later I only got clear conditions again and since that real weather is kind of an on-off-Relationship.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn´t...
(yes, I did check my internet connection, which is working consistently ;-) )

Joni Varis
16-08-2015, 06:19
Is it really intentional that you can now mix the tyre compounds at car setup? Like with Formula A you can use softs at front & medium at rear or vice versa? That is quite silly imo as no real life racing series allows such thing.

MitchR32
16-08-2015, 09:59
Any racing series that allows different tyre compounds (like ALL) allow any compounds to be used.

Joni Varis
16-08-2015, 10:18
Atleast on any RL openwheel series (F1,Gp2,fr.3.5, F3 etc) they arent allowed to use mixed compounds beetween axels. So example if there is medium and soft compounds availeble, then all 4 wheels has to be soft or medium, not mix of those.

VR-42
16-08-2015, 10:20
Any racing series that allows different tyre compounds (like ALL) allow any compounds to be used.

Sorry but you are wrong

F1 you are not allowed to mix compounds

MitchR32
16-08-2015, 10:23
WEC
TUSC
AsLMS
ELMS
Any sportscar racing.....

PostBox981
16-08-2015, 10:30
This 3.0 patch definitively is the biggest step so far! A lot of bits have been implemented now that we have been waiting for for so long! As there are the tire wear display, the laps per fuel display or the weather forecast. Rain on the wind screen now looks much more realistic as the water floats along with the wind. Amazing small detail, improving immersion so much! And in Monza with the Merc 2.5 Evo in the rain I felt like the AI (71%) was much closer to my lap times than ever before. I only tried a few hours in solo career mode so far, so I didn´t find all the changes by now. Thank you SMS, great work taking PC1 to another stage imo.

But: since the 3.0 patch I encounter a strange internet issue. What I did: I updated to 3.0 and without trying it out I next updated from Win7 to Win10. After that everything seemed to work fine until I went to time attack yesterday. After some 3 - 7 minutes some very strange behaviour occurs to my computer. My internet connection is disconnected, the wifi adapter gets disabled. I can´t reactivate it as this option is washed out. CPU load is between 50-60% (task manager says it is "system" causing the cpu load) though there is nothing to do for it and even the task manager crashes, which I never ever encountered before. I wasted some hours yesterday experimenting, but that just lead me to nowhere. I repeatedly found this happening as soon as I start something that has to do with the leaderboards like time attack or just viewing the leaderboards. All I can do is restart the system. In this thread I read something like the leaderboards being reset? Maybe I picked the wrong time? Anybody else here encountering similar effects? Any hint would be highly appreciated.

But once again: apart from this I am glad all over with the new patch.

Edit: Sorry for getting on your nerves with my technical issue, I moved the issue thing to a separate thread in the technical department. If interested, see http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37255-Patch-3-0-Win10-internet-disconnected&p=1086160#post1086160
(http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37255-Patch-3-0-Win10-internet-disconnected&p=1086160#post1086160)

CopperySinger5
16-08-2015, 11:18
none of those games that he is comparing to are even sims..........smh........?

I assume that you are expecting a project cars comparison to a racing sims that cost way more cash and come with personalized hardware and a technician to install it. I'm comparing console games, would have also compared Asseto corsa which is also in the same category as those but have no game pc. games not on the list are full arcade racers such as tdu, forza horizon, nfs shift 2, gtav, and more. And yes I classify project cars as a sim; but why do you look here for a 60$ professional race sim? now smh.

I guess you are thinking the "pro sim hardware (cxc full sha-bang)" vs the "sim games (couch players or semi hardware)" there is no comparison imo. But I could be wrong and you are welcome to elaborate. However As i have play and loved forza and gran turismo, Project cars update 3.0 made it another great game to add to that list.

KkDrummer
16-08-2015, 15:11
Update 3.0 is very good.

spookly nerdy!

Pressure Drop
16-08-2015, 22:22
Friend Leaderboards. The two little words I've been waiting to hear for so long!!! Cannot thank you enough for adding them to the game, it will open up a whole new world for me and my friends. Can't wait for Microsoft to pull their finger out so I can see that it is actually real ! THANK YOU again !!!

F4H Devil
16-08-2015, 23:09
I'm either blind and looked past it or there's no game chat fix included in this patch for the XB1?? It makes it very difficult to run organised league racing.

TheReaper GT
16-08-2015, 23:18
I'm either blind and looked past it or there's no game chat fix included in this patch for the XB1?? It makes it very difficult to run organised league racing.

Xbox one version is not out yet.

Lawndarts
17-08-2015, 00:56
I agree mixing compounds per axel is odd. A race engineers nightmare car setup... Maybe in oval racing (I have no idea) but no GT or endurance series allow it... Nor would they even mess with it if they could.

N3om7d
17-08-2015, 08:39
Hi,
i am not sure wich version is installed now!
Where do i see the game/patch version in game? (PC Steam Version).
Thanks!

TheReaper GT
17-08-2015, 08:40
Hi,
i am not sure wich version is installed now!
Where do i see the game/patch version in game? (PC Steam Version).
Thanks!

Go to your steam folder, find the project cars EXE file, right click, properties. Look for the file version.

leon1772
17-08-2015, 11:39
Very good job SMS. After your well deserved vacation, I hope you will work on the personal livery visible in multiplayer.

Raven403
17-08-2015, 12:40

Not in the patch notes, but check this out.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37279-Please-fix-multiplayer-game-chat/page2

Elaine The Racer
17-08-2015, 13:04
This beer has lasted me a long time! Still waiting for X1 patch ^_^

Raven403
17-08-2015, 13:08
This beer has lasted me a long time! Still waiting for X1 patch ^_^

Lol, played a bunch on PC over the weekend, its worth the wait Elaine!

Elaine The Racer
17-08-2015, 13:15
Lol, played a bunch on PC over the weekend, its worth the wait Elaine!

Haha, I've got the PS4 version Raven! So it's all good, albeit using the controller! Want to use my wheel ASAP *Race Face On*

Raven403
17-08-2015, 13:16
Haha, I've got the PS4 version Raven! So it's all good, albeit using the controller! Want to use my wheel ASAP *Race Face On*

Oh see! So atleast you get a bit of a holdover lol. Good thing we have it multiplatform or I'd be goin nuts

Elaine The Racer
17-08-2015, 14:16
Oh see! So atleast you get a bit of a holdover lol. Good thing we have it multiplatform or I'd be goin nuts

In the feels, Raven! Haha thank god for a PS4! (Never thought I'd say that hehe)

homed
17-08-2015, 20:18
Hello,

I look forward to the patch on xbox one
Can anyone confirm that this resolve with patch 3.0
IA did not stop when it starts to rain. And continues to drive fast in slick.

Thx

Konan
18-08-2015, 04:25
Hello,

I look forward to the patch on xbox one
Can anyone confirm that this resolve with patch 3.0
IA did not stop when it starts to rain. And continues to drive fast in slick.

Thx

I don't know on xbone but on ps4 they do stop... I had a race without mandatory pitstop and saw the AI pit...a bit later it started to rain.there is also a difference in speed when they don't have the correct tires on...

jason
18-08-2015, 04:28
Ai do stop in the rain yes.

Tourgott
18-08-2015, 05:14
Just a quick question:

* Tweaks to AI pit logic to ensure they pit in proper mandatory window in races that feature a mandatory pitstop.

Does Formula A feature a mandatory pitstop? I'd like to replicate real Formula 1 as close as possible, so it would be really cool if you (and the AI) have to pit at least once to use both tire compounds.
And is it possible to lock refueling?

Thanks

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 07:01
Refueling is locked.

They aren't IA

Bealdor
18-08-2015, 07:18
Refueling is locked.

Only in Career mode though.

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 07:23
Only in Career mode though.

Ah, that makes sense, i was just about to say I'm sure it is and remembered i tried the career mode out for a couple of days.

I would prefer it unlocked anyway, never tried it since then.

Im Sorry
18-08-2015, 07:36
Patch Tuesday :hopelessness:

nissan4ever
18-08-2015, 07:56
^^^ hopefully today. Time will tell.

LOL, to kill some time, I'm playing NBA Jam on Super Nintendo with Bill Clinton ;)

bobbylion
18-08-2015, 10:13
Patch Tuesday :hopelessness:

For real?

Elaine The Racer
18-08-2015, 12:23
For real?

Don't be messing with my head man! Haha is it today? (Bet it's not)

Raven403
18-08-2015, 12:28
Don't be messing with my head man! Haha is it today? (Bet it's not)

Only one way to find out. I assume it was said bc today is "Patch Tuesday" for MS even tho neither 1.4 or 2.0 dropped on a Tuesday lol. if nothing is wrong with the patch it should drop in the next couple days, but time will tell

Elaine The Racer
18-08-2015, 12:36
Only one way to find out. I assume it was said bc today is "Patch Tuesday" for MS even tho neither 1.4 or 2.0 dropped on a Tuesday lol. if nothing is wrong with the patch it should drop in the next couple days, but time will tell

I haven't checked so, I wouldn't know Raven ^_^ but Damn if it was today! And wouldn't Stephen have said and done a Xbox 3.0 Patch notes?

Raven403
18-08-2015, 12:37
I haven't checked so, I wouldn't know Raven ^_^ but Damn if it was today! And wouldn't Stephen have said and done a Xbox 3.0 Patch notes?

Yeah, that would be the first real proof it will drop, could be today, could be next week lol. Still early here in the States so plenty of time in the day to find out

Elaine The Racer
18-08-2015, 13:02
Yeah, that would be the first real proof it will drop, could be today, could be next week lol. Still early here in the States so plenty of time in the day to find out

2:01pm here, so it could land before 6pm if memory serves me correctly as Forza had an update as late 6pm UK time for the long beach add on etc, so I really do hope it's today!

Raven403
18-08-2015, 13:07
2:01pm here, so it could land before 6pm if memory serves me correctly as Forza had an update as late 6pm UK time for the long beach add on etc, so I really do hope it's today!

Makes sense, if they are on the West coast they'd be three more hours behind ME, so thats about 8 behind the UK. I have no clue how any of it actually effects patch releases tho lol MS HQ is in Washington state if memory serves, so if thats the place this all originates, still got 3 hours til they even walk in the door i would think lol

Elaine The Racer
18-08-2015, 13:14
Haha, well offer them doughnuts and tell them to get on with it ;-)

Raven403
18-08-2015, 13:24
Haha, well offer them doughnuts and tell them to get on with it ;-)

Well their HQ is in Starbucks home territory, they are probably waiting in line as we speak for crappy overpriced coffee with dumb names lol

Elaine The Racer
18-08-2015, 13:33
Well their HQ is in Starbucks home territory, they are probably waiting in line as we speak for crappy overpriced coffee with dumb names lol

BOOM! Hahaha! Well played well played!

Stryker44
18-08-2015, 13:53
In the menu, on some of the sliders when I move up/down to highlight them, they turn a funny greyed out color. When I finish adjusting them I hit the up/down button and it turns back to normal and then I have to hit up/down again to move off of it to the next one. On those sliders I have to hit the up/down button twice to move past them. Not a big deal just a little annoying when I’m moving through them fast like I’ve been doing and change the wrong thing because it hasn’t moved to the next slider.
It only happens on a few of them like the “Brake Pressure” or “Brake Balance”. Has anyone else noticed this???

Also I noticed the button on my G27 that paused the replay doesn’t work unless I have the little box up on screen that has the controls on it. In other words, If I’m taking screen shot with nothing on the screen but the race I can’t pause it to hit “F12”. It used to work before like that. I would watch the race with a clean screen forward, rewind and pause and needed then maybe take a screenshot. That’s a lot of the fun of this game to me, the replays and using them to better my racing line or see where I can improve for my lap times..

jms_midnight
18-08-2015, 14:20
Thanks pall

Knightfall
18-08-2015, 15:43
In the menu, on some of the sliders when I move up/down to highlight them, they turn a funny greyed out color. When I finish adjusting them I hit the up/down button and it turns back to normal and then I have to hit up/down again to move off of it to the next one. On those sliders I have to hit the up/down button twice to move past them. Not a big deal just a little annoying when I’m moving through them fast like I’ve been doing and change the wrong thing because it hasn’t moved to the next slider.
It only happens on a few of them like the “Brake Pressure” or “Brake Balance”. Has anyone else noticed this???

Also I noticed the button on my G27 that paused the replay doesn’t work unless I have the little box up on screen that has the controls on it. In other words, If I’m taking screen shot with nothing on the screen but the race I can’t pause it to hit “F12”. It used to work before like that. I would watch the race with a clean screen forward, rewind and pause and needed then maybe take a screenshot. That’s a lot of the fun of this game to me, the replays and using them to better my racing line or see where I can improve for my lap times..

I have also noticed this. Doesn't seem to effect game play from what I can see.

Raven403
18-08-2015, 18:33
Guess that's all for today folks, brace yourselves for the We had to resubmit message on xb

Scuderia Paul
18-08-2015, 19:40
The v3.00 update is still not available for XBO? It is insane that Microsoft are so slow assuming there is no reason for delay like there was with v2.00. Hurry up so we can get the DLC next week!

Drift G1
18-08-2015, 19:55
Damn you Microsoft I need this patch lol! But on a serious note hopefully we get it sometime soon throughout this week.

Racer Pro
18-08-2015, 20:01
where the August dlc ?

nhraracer
18-08-2015, 20:17
where the August dlc ?

I imagine they are waiting for the Xbox One patch release.

Racer Pro
18-08-2015, 20:49
I imagine they are waiting for the Xbox One patch release.noooooooooooooooo :(

TheReaper GT
18-08-2015, 20:54
noooooooooooooooo :(

I don't like it a little bit more than you do, but, YESSSSS.

Omarlop
19-08-2015, 00:37
XBOX ONE when??

nissan4ever
19-08-2015, 01:30
XBOX ONE when??

Never ;)

jason
19-08-2015, 01:40
I never thought not getting a xbox one would affect me in anyway , how wrong was I Microsoft are still affecting me and my pcars DLC :)

hurry up with there Patch for GOD SAKE!!

Linx
19-08-2015, 01:52
Bought an Xbox One last January and returned it in two days. One of the best decisions I've made. It was that garbage Forza 5 and the fact you couldn't do anything on it without being connected to the net that made me return it. Waited for Pcars and bought a PS4 the same day. Hope you Xbox guys get the patch asap. I know I'd be pretty upset.

MitchR32
19-08-2015, 03:22
Played Forza 5 without being connected to the net, not sure what you're on about.

Drift G1
19-08-2015, 03:24
Same I don't know what he's on about

Linx
19-08-2015, 03:57
At the time the cable company messed something up and we were out on our Internet for a few days. I couldn't get past the start screen without a connection. Called MS about it and after getting mixed answers on how to make it work (and none worked) I finally got two different supervisors confirm it can't be played without initially connecting to the Internet. So since I can't play Forza until my Internet gets fixed, I go to play the game that came in the bundle (forget the name, not really into those kinds of games). GREAT! at least I have something to play. Oh but then to find out that the time I put into it I can't save my progress. And I didn't find this out until I came back the next day and have to start from the beginning. And just to be sure I went ahead and made some progress, turned off and on the system and start from the beginning again. So I get Internet back on and play Forza. Big disappointment.. So to be sure, I disconnect my router from the Xbox, sure enough, again I can't get past the start screen. No thanks Boxed it up and returned it. Matter of fact I think I might still have Forza 5 somewhere

nissan4ever
19-08-2015, 06:00
Bought an Xbox One last January and returned it in two days. One of the best decisions I've made. It was that garbage Forza 5 and the fact you couldn't do anything on it without being connected to the net that made me return it. Waited for Pcars and bought a PS4 the same day. Hope you Xbox guys get the patch asap. I know I'd be pretty upset.

You can play an Xbox without being online. The first of the Xbox One's from launch had to download a mandatory update from online once. Then those launch batch Xbox One's can be played offline. You don't need to do that at all with the newer Xbox One's.

This stuff was said at launch by Microsoft. Seems to me like you doing some extremely unnecessary bashing, all because your cable internet provider messed up. All Xbox One's can be played offline.

Linx
19-08-2015, 07:11
Sorry if you or anyone else took it as bashing but that was not my intention. I was just speaking on my experience with the Xbox One which wasnt a good one for ME. After returning it I figured I would just go the PC route since neither Xbox nor PS4 supported Fanatec wheels unless you upgraded to the CSW v2,which for the longest required an invitation and the cost of having to buy a base and rim would run close to $1000. And then when you add in the cost of the console would be over that amount. And though a decent gaming PC would run close to $1000 I felt the PC was a better route being I could use my old CSR and there are other good racing titles as well. But that all changed once it was announced that Pcars will support a wheel I already have. Instead of looking at a high cost of a PC set up, now I'm back down to a $400 console. I could always go the PC route later. Again, I didn't mean to bash, it was not my intention if that's how it was taken.

N0body Of The Goat
19-08-2015, 08:51
Microsoft should pull some team members from Windows 10 development and get the Xbox1 patch out quicker. ;)

Im Sorry
19-08-2015, 08:59
I wouldn't necessarily blame MS for the late patch.
Going on previously late patch updates I would hold fire!