PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer 15 mins qual 15 mins pract etc..

OLBoT
07-08-2015, 13:19
Hi Guys first time posting here. I am a wanna be hardcore lover of this game without probing in to too much detail of the love / hate of this game.

Am I doing something wrong... when I join multiplayer I have tried to change all the settings for short races etc..

it always appears that when I join there is anything from
1 hour to 15 mins practice
1 hour to 15 qualifying
then a 8 lap race of spa what would probably take 20 minutes or what ever.

why cant we just do a 5 - 10 min qualify or none at all and just get to the racing...

I don't even care if I'm last on the grid 100% of the time I just want to racer others not this hours of practice before a measly 8 laps etc..

anyone else having this problem / pain...

beetes_juice
07-08-2015, 13:56
Start your own lobbies or wait till the new patch with lobby lists.

L4velle
07-08-2015, 15:47
Agree with above start your own lobbies. If you don't have qualifying or practice you'll have to wait till the lobby fills up and people won't just sit there they'd rather be driving. Having practice and qualifying allows people to join while in progress allowing it to fill up in time for race. The only frustration I have online at the moment is the random and unexplainable disconnections that boot to xbox home page. Hoping this will be rectified in patch 3.0.

OpticalHercules
07-08-2015, 16:01
Usually finding a lobby with 15+15+xrace laps is a Live party playing on a public lobby.

Try making a lobby for yourself with only a 10-15 minute qualifier. Maybe wait 5 mins or so before clicking the go button, but it always seems to me that most people are put into a public lobby in the last 3 minutes of either a practice or a qual. Having both increases the chances of more people joining.

Nelson Pacheco
07-08-2015, 16:22
welcome to the club...
to get a decent lobby is like the needle lost in somewhere we alll know

and for the ones saying: create your own lobby
sure...
the guy could create a lobby, and return in 1h when its full!

widcard
07-08-2015, 16:58
What your experiencing is more or less another work around in a long list of work around required in order to salvage some enjoyment of the game. Only tenacious members of the gaming community are still actively participating.

The upside is we are still being told the multiplayer situation will eventually get better along with a host of other problems when patch 3.0 get's released.

beetes_juice
07-08-2015, 17:10
What your experiencing is more or less another work around in a long list of work around required in order to salvage some enjoyment of the game. Only tenacious members of the gaming community are still actively participating.

The upside is we are still being told the multiplayer situation will eventually get better along with a host of other problems when patch 3.0 get's released.

Your calling creating your own lobby a work around? Really?

L4velle
07-08-2015, 17:30
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36676-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Patch-3-0-Release-notes&highlight=Patch+3.0

Patch 3.0 has a lot of changes for us xb1 players fingers crossed it salvages online because when it works this is one hell of a game.

Nelson Pacheco
07-08-2015, 18:56
Your calling creating your own lobby a work around? Really?

Probably he was... something i dont agree... too many lobbys and the community just scatters

OpticalHercules
08-08-2015, 04:44
Probably he was... something i dont agree... too many lobbys and the community just scatters

I could care less any single word you type. Never read a letter of it. Your avatar got in the way...

DECATUR PLAYA
10-08-2015, 02:38
Hi Guys first time posting here. I am a wanna be hardcore lover of this game without probing in to too much detail of the love / hate of this game.

Am I doing something wrong... when I join multiplayer I have tried to change all the settings for short races etc..

it always appears that when I join there is anything from
1 hour to 15 mins practice
1 hour to 15 qualifying
then a 8 lap race of spa what would probably take 20 minutes or what ever.

why cant we just do a 5 - 10 min qualify or none at all and just get to the racing...

I don't even care if I'm last on the grid 100% of the time I just want to racer others not this hours of practice before a measly 8 laps etc..

anyone else having this problem / pain...

I used to run my room this way until a guy here told me to just run the 15 min qualifier. Qualifying is kind of a necessity the practice isn't. Guys run the quali so the room can fill up and depending on the track for track position. The browser will be here soon.

Megalomanic87
10-08-2015, 05:07
I don't really mind a 10 minute practice followed by 10-15 minutes qualifying, or even a 30 min qualifying alone, it gives you a little bit of time to get used to the car/track if you switch classes a lot.
Only thing i find a little pointless is the warm ups, you've hammered your best time on track in qualifying only to get thrown out of the pits on cold tyres for 5 minutes (usually)