PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Better adjustment of parts

ProDoctoR1987
07-08-2015, 17:08
Hello,

I'm fairly new in this game and wanted to ask to make the adjustment for parts better.

When tuning, there are sliders but in some cases they don't work. Like transmission for instance, I'm used to fine tuning it in Gran Turismo on the playstation.

In this game you can only use preset values instead of the value of the slider ?! Or are this bugs of somekind ? The fuel you can adjust with the slider per liter but the acceleration/top speed not ?
It can only save the 4 preset values ???!!!!!

Thanks

Sebastian

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 17:15
Hello,

I'm fairly new in this game and wanted to ask to make the adjustment for parts better.

When tuning, there are sliders but in some cases they don't work. Like transmission for instance, I'm used to fine tuning it in Gran Turismo on the playstation.

In this game you can only use preset values instead of the value of the slider ?! Or are this bugs of somekind ? The fuel you can adjust with the slider per liter but the acceleration/top speed not ?
It can only save the 4 preset values ???!!!!!

Thanks

Sebastian
What car? Some cars (street cars for the most part) don't allow much (or in some cases any) fine tuning to the gear ratios because that's just how those cars are. Forumla A on the other hand allows very fine granularity of gear ratio adjustments. You won't be able to adjust things on cars where those things are not adjustable. For example, if a car doesn't have a viscous lock differential, the viscous lock slider will not allow you to change it.

ProDoctoR1987
07-08-2015, 18:12
Ohh, now I understand. In GT you can buy parts for all your cars and adjust everything. I tought it was a bug or something.

So the slider only works normal instead of in steps depending on the parts in the car and that you can not change.

Thanks for the info.

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 19:05
Ohh, now I understand. In GT you can buy parts for all your cars and adjust everything. I tought it was a bug or something.

So the slider only works normal instead of in steps depending on the parts in the car and that you can not change.

Thanks for the info.
Yeah exactly. You can't buy parts to upgrade your car the way you can in GT or Forza. In fact there is no money with which to even buy them. This game strives for realism so you can only tune things that are tunable in the car in real life.

Stevesixty7
07-08-2015, 19:11
With PCars you need to get away from the GT and Forza mind set, no upgrades here ;)

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
07-08-2015, 19:51
Some cars (street cars for the most part)To add to this, it also affects many racing cars, since for example the homologation requirements of GT3 can mean that the car is allowed to use only one gear set.
Yeah exactly. You can't buy parts to upgrade your car the way you can in GT or Forza. In fact there is no money with which to even buy them. This game strives for realism so you can only tune things that are tunable in the car in real life.Well you could think of some of the setup options (like spring and dampers adjustments on road cars, different tyre compounds, etc.) as being somewhat equivalent to upgrades that you find in GT/Forza. Kinda.

Street cars for example are essentially already "upgraded" in most cases with stuff like performance brakes that don't cook themselves within a lap or two, adjustable dampers, different spring options, camber kits (many street cars can't get above -1.5 degrees of camber without a camber kit), adjustable differentials, etc. etc. =)

ProDoctoR1987
07-08-2015, 20:02
Yeah exactly. You can't buy parts to upgrade your car the way you can in GT or Forza. In fact there is no money with which to even buy them. This game strives for realism so you can only tune things that are tunable in the car in real life.

OK, but that's 1 of the things I love in GT however I don't have any problem with race games that want to be that realistic regarding to the race regulations/cars.

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 20:07
OK, but that's 1 of the things I love in GT however I don't have any problem with race games that want to be that realistic regarding to the race regulations/cars.
I liked it in Forza too until I realized how ridiculous it was to be able to put a 6.3 liter V8 into a Mini. (OK, that's an exaggeration but you can perform absurd upgrades in Forza and I assume in GT as well.) This game is just a different animal and it's all about realism. For incoming Forza/GT players it requires a bit of a paradigm shift but in my opinion for the better.

ProDoctoR1987
07-08-2015, 20:15
I liked it in Forza too until I realized how ridiculous it was to be able to put a 6.3 liter V8 into a Mini. (OK, that's an exaggeration but you can perform absurd upgrades in Forza and I assume in GT as well.) This game is just a different animal and it's all about realism. For incoming Forza/GT players it requires a bit of a paradigm shift but in my opinion for the better.

Nope, GT does not go that far. It's all about tuning the cars and upgrading it with parts (if you want). Not taking the entire engine out and replacing it. The cars really are all original like in real life and you can buy (a lot of) parts for them and tune them all the way like in real life.

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 21:18
Nope, GT does not go that far. It's all about tuning the cars and upgrading it with parts (if you want). Not taking the entire engine out and replacing it. The cars really are all original like in real life and you can buy (a lot of) parts for them and tune them all the way like in real life.
That sounds a lot better than Forza to me (although a lot of people do like the ability to do these ridiculous upgrades). In Forza, you earn credits by racing and then you can spend those credits on parts upgrades. There are different levels of upgraded parts but only the highest level (race) allows you to tune that aspect of the car. So in order to be able to tune damper settings you have to install race dampers.

ProDoctoR1987
07-08-2015, 22:13
That sounds a lot better than Forza to me (although a lot of people do like the ability to do these ridiculous upgrades). In Forza, you earn credits by racing and then you can spend those credits on parts upgrades. There are different levels of upgraded parts but only the highest level (race) allows you to tune that aspect of the car. So in order to be able to tune damper settings you have to install race dampers.

In GT there are multiple choices you can make regarding to parts, and accordingly you can adjust their settings. Just love it like that :)

ProDoctoR1987
08-08-2015, 11:02
Well I'm back to GT, this game is nothing for me.

hkraft300
08-08-2015, 14:11
Well I'm back to GT, this game is nothing for me.

The Real Driving Simulator
/face palm