PDA

View Full Version : New Oculus SDK - 0.7 - at last, or nearly

TrevorAustin
07-08-2015, 23:12
Finally some info:)

Good news and bad news.

0.7.0.0 will launch on 20th August. It will work with the Project cars patch about to launch, although not be optimised with the new Nvidia or AMD driver.

It won't work with any games built for SDK prior to 0.6.0.0, that is iRacing, Assetto COrsa and I think Eurotruck simulator, amongst many others.

Extended mode is gone for good! Replaced with either a DK2 driver built into an optimised Nvidia or AMD driver already built with those companies cooperation.

And also, strangely, no mention of Windows 10, but that is almost unthinkable that it isn't in there.

MrTulip
08-08-2015, 10:01
Oh crap! So I have to choose between my pCARS and RBR. My sweet RBR. Sniff... :upset:

Dual install time, me thinks.

Naz
08-08-2015, 10:45
I just swap between the two runtimes for Assetto Corsa (0.5.0.1) and PCars (0.6.0.1). I am one of several users for whom 0.6 fails in extended mode, so I have to swap between the runtimes for different games (a known issue which is supposedly fixed in 0.7 according to the oculus forum).

It a bit of a pain but nothing too demanding to be honest (first world problems and all that). Like Trevor, I am also holding off on Win 10 until the rift runtimes support it so I'm hoping it comes with 0.7.

TrevorAustin
08-08-2015, 10:58
I just swap between the two runtimes for Assetto Corsa (0.5.0.1) and PCars (0.6.0.1). I am one of several users for whom 0.6 fails in extended mode, so I have to swap between the runtimes for different games (a known issue which is supposedly fixed in 0.7 according to the oculus forum).

It a bit of a pain but nothing too demanding to be honest (first world problems and all that). Like Trevor, I am also holding off on Win 10 until the rift runtimes support it so I'm hoping it comes with 0.7.

Today there are rumours of November for win10, i hope that's wrong! Vive will be out very soon after, i can see a lot of people just not bothering with rift and jumping ship, i might well be one of them, no loyalty to oculus at all, support and communication is appalling.

Naz
08-08-2015, 11:17
I have a horrible feeling I won't be able to stop myself from buying both!
:)

Edit: yeah, I agree some of their communication is less than stellar. I'd imagine developers would be expecting Win10 support ASAP given the likely win10 adoption rates.

Having said that, I have no idea of the complexities so I can't really have any real opinion either way If I'm honest, just hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later.

RaceNut
08-08-2015, 16:04
Yeah, the lack of Windows10 support is disappointing but, as you say - there may be some complex issues to sort out.

Hopefully, there will be workarounds that keep most titles working with the DK2 until we have CV's (whatever brand) in hand.