PDA

View Full Version : [TGC-MCE] The Gentlemen's Club - MultiClass Experience

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ironik
13-08-2015, 22:15
Guys, do you remember in which lap you had dip'n'flip ?
Maybe it's related with the BMW 320 bug.
The problem with the BMW usually starts around lap 8.

Marek Haase
13-08-2015, 22:20
I was driving the default setup with DF set to 2. After roughly 8 laps on a set of tires as temperature would rise above 100 C car would start to "wobble" and "wander" on straights. When temperature raised to approx 108 C on right left (red tire indicator), car would become virtually undriveable even in a straight line but I put this on overheated tire at the moment.

I can only blame myself for not putting enough time into preparations. I though I had my pace almost sorted but didn't make any longer runs so tires situation was an unpleasant surprise for me. Had short battle with Cluck and it was incredible how much faster his Capri was in a straight line but I could keep my composure in turns a bit better.
Tires situation forced me to head to the box and imagine my surprise when I realised that my wheels remained unchanged during first visit. In the end, three visits to pits I had to make and finished on the lead lap only because the leader was a bit too eager to lap me on his last lap :)

Nevertheless, it was fun race and I am eagerly anticipating the next one :)

ZiggyUK
13-08-2015, 23:41
Without going hunting again some others and myself noticed the other opponent engine stuttering sound as the race progressed.

I had noticed often it still existed in the replays but it was unusual to hear during the live race. Seemed to be the Capri's but I am assuming it was because of their engine volume.

TwistedNav
14-08-2015, 08:12
Definitely noticed the Capri sound stutter myself, too. Wasn't until very late in the race though.

Timmy, what are you using to get that telemetry data? Looks really useful. I keep wondering where people are getting tyre wear data.

By the by, I'm loving the 190 - what a car! The handling is epic. Anyone else finding it at least 2 seconds quicker than the BMW?

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 08:20
Hi Gents, I have a quick favour to ask of any of you who use Tom Shane's Profiler, I have just re-installed Windows and have lost my custom layout (which I wasn't that happy with anyway) so will need to setup a new one, I have created a thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37057-Share-your-Tom-Shane-s-Profiler-Layouts&p=1083061#post1083061) over in general discussion for people to share their custom layouts and it would be good to see what the TGC guys are using too.

The thread is here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37057-Share-your-Tom-Shane-s-Profiler-Layouts&p=1083061#post1083061), if you could put a quick screenshot of your Profiler layout in there it would be a big help to me and I am sure many others.

ZiggyUK
14-08-2015, 12:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gI-bms3htE

Timmynator
14-08-2015, 12:33
Timmy, what are you using to get that telemetry data? Looks really useful. I keep wondering where people are getting tyre wear data.

Haven't had the chance to say it, great to have you back. About time we revived our glorious TwistedNator Team ;)
That's an exerpt from Tom Shanes pCARS Profiler: http://www.tomshane.cz/profiler/
It also offers a server you can run on your game machine to access from another device, in my Case it's a Surface 3 Pro running Profiler since I don't have space or money for another screen.
My entire Dashboard then looks like this (although as mentioned above, you can pretty much customize the heck out of it ;) ):

By the by, I'm loving the 190 - what a car! The handling is epic. Anyone else finding it at least 2 seconds quicker than the BMW?

Yes, another sideways soul :) Why do you think the only 190 in our race won it? Just kidding, there was more than a bit of luck involved. But I do find it suits my driving style more...and that sound.

€dit: Patch 3.0 is currently dropping onto my system via Steam. Looks like we'll be able to run Bathurst after all :)
Anyone like fast download rates? :D

Yeratel84
14-08-2015, 13:07
Without going hunting again some others and myself noticed the other opponent engine stuttering sound as the race progressed.

I had noticed often it still existed in the replays but it was unusual to hear during the live race. Seemed to be the Capri's but I am assuming it was because of their engine volume.

I noticed some engine stutter myself, but only with Clios (I was in a Capri). As for engine volume, I have to say that Group A cars sounded almost as loud as Group 5 cars (at least to me when I was lapping them, to the point of drowning my own engine noise when directly behind them)

ironik
14-08-2015, 13:31
€dit: Patch 3.0 is currently dropping onto my system via Steam. Looks like we'll be able to run Bathurst after all :)
Anyone like fast download rates? :D

How big is it ? :D

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 13:33
How big is it ? :D

2.1GB

ironik
14-08-2015, 13:34
Thanks ;)

ZiggyUK
14-08-2015, 15:07
I noticed some engine stutter myself, but only with Clios (I was in a Capri). As for engine volume, I have to say that Group A cars sounded almost as loud as Group 5 cars (at least to me when I was lapping them, to the point of drowning my own engine noise when directly behind them)

Whereas it was the Capri's that were stuttering from my Clio .... take a listen the Capri on my video here (https://youtu.be/2gI-bms3htE?t=55m43s)

Now I have heard this in replays before but this was the first time I had heard it during a live race inside the cabin.

Pamellaaa
14-08-2015, 15:20
Whereas it was the Capri's that were stuttering from my Clio .... take a listen the Capri on my video here (https://youtu.be/2gI-bms3htE?t=55m43s)

Now I have heard this in replays before but this was the first time I had heard it during a live race inside the cabin.

I have experienced this before in races but it was by far the most severe I have heard it on Sunday.

Giovtec
14-08-2015, 15:24

i guess you were waiting to see the machine gun! ;)

No but seriously i only get to hear that while in reply mode or watching someone on board live multiplayer, but never from my car while i am driving.

TwistedNav
14-08-2015, 16:03
Hello Timmy, look forward to catching up with you - we really should reincarnate the TwistedNator team when we get a chance. I seem to remember the first iteration never really left the pits :-)

Thanks for the suggestion on the profiler. Have just realised that MikeyTT spent a huge amount of time and effort on one - I'll give that one a go.

Timmynator
14-08-2015, 16:20
Sure, if there's a way, we'll do that.

Profiler isn't by MikeyTT, though, he's got a different app iirc.

checamon
14-08-2015, 16:53
Good fun race. Had excellent battle for lap after lap with checamon. Lots of tapping going on in the corners but all in the right way (reminded me of BTCC to be honest). Looking forward to the next phase and driving the Gr.A car next week.

As long as it saved okay I will create and upload a replay video as I am sure checamon would love to see it.

Loved the battle we had!

A couple of bugs I don't understand, in the save video it seems as if i have a broken bonnet, I remember seeing YOUR bonnet broken during the race but in the video is completely fine. At some point in your video I appear to go off and then reappear magically behind you, and I remember seeing the opposite during the race you appearing magically in front. And can't forget our "merge" running through you with no apparent effect on neither of us ;)

Really good fun, I can't even count the times we pass each other.

Unfortunately I have a work trip for the next three weeks and won't be joining the races...

See you soon!

MikeyTT
14-08-2015, 17:12
Hello Timmy, look forward to catching up with you - we really should reincarnate the TwistedNator team when we get a chance. I seem to remember the first iteration never really left the pits :-)

Thanks for the suggestion on the profiler. Have just realised that MikeyTT spent a huge amount of time and effort on one - I'll give that one a go.

Sure, if there's a way, we'll do that.

Profiler isn't by MikeyTT, though, he's got a different app iirc.

You're right I do have an app. vrHive is mine. Does a fair bit of what Toms does, just not as flexible in the analysis side at present, but I have the dash views and Arduino support, if you're into that. I've also added support so you can export your "uber laps" and share them with others. I have a twitter feed embedded that links to the laps I publish.

Have a look at www.vrhive.co.uk for the download and http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33881-vrHive-Dashes-Telemetry-Live-Data-Arduino-Client-Server-etc for any support.

If you try it out I'd be interested in your experiences.

ZiggyUK
14-08-2015, 18:17
Loved the battle we had!

A couple of bugs I don't understand, in the save video it seems as if i have a broken bonnet, I remember seeing YOUR bonnet broken during the race but in the video is completely fine. At some point in your video I appear to go off and then reappear magically behind you, and I remember seeing the opposite during the race you appearing magically in front. And can't forget our "merge" running through you with no apparent effect on neither of us ;)

Really good fun, I can't even count the times we pass each other.

Unfortunately I have a work trip for the next three weeks and won't be joining the races...

See you soon!

Interesting about the bonnet as I did not hit anything hard enough to distort the bonnet ... you definitely did > I have 8 buttkickers on my setup so I get feel it when I get rear ended (now doesn't that sound just so wrong)

Great fun though and I loved the knocks we had, like I said earlier it felt like being in a BTCC race :)

Shame you are not going to be around as I was looking forward to more rematches and position battles.

Tricky
14-08-2015, 18:29

It was a shame about the bad timing with which Alex and I caught you, and the Group 5 car caught all of us. At about 57 mins (https://youtu.be/2gI-bms3htE?t=3437) in your video I was right behind Alex trying to challenge for the lead and by Hanger straight I was miles behind (in Clio terms) :( Them's the breaks, was some pretty clumsy lapping by the Group 5 car.

Tricky
14-08-2015, 20:39
Here is my video from Lobby 2. I accidentally muted the audio track, so it's currently re-processing the video with some Youtube music over it so it isn't just silence :p

http://youtu.be/SSazZN0uHuU

Thought I'd try combining a replay recording with my live recording. Unfortunately it's rather spoiled by Stevie being missing from the replay video, and a number of the cars are wrong which looks a bit daft too. I'm not really racing a Grp 5 :|

- close battle for the Clio lead for the first few laps, until...
11:48 - Crash with Stevie (bit weird to watch as his car is invisible in the tv view)
40:00 - Pass Stevie in the pits
54:28 - Stevie passes me
58:00 - Kept well within a second of Stevie but bad timing with back markers loses me several seconds
1:02:15 - Think I'm +20l compared to Stevie but slowly get closer until completely fluffing Copse and getting a 5 second penalty.
1:03:10 Stevie's win almost gets ruined by a lapping Group 5 car

The post finish replay is amusing in that you can see the missing cars :)

Stevie_F
14-08-2015, 21:13
Here is my video from Lobby 2. I accidentally muted the audio track, so it's currently re-processing the video with some Youtube music over it so it isn't just silence :p

http://youtu.be/SSazZN0uHuU

Thought I'd try combining a replay recording with my live recording. Unfortunately it's rather spoiled by Stevie being missing from the replay video, and a number of the cars are wrong which looks a bit daft too. I'm not really racing a Grp 5 :|

- close battle for the Clio lead for the first few laps, until...
11:48 - Crash with Stevie (bit weird to watch as his car is invisible in the tv view)
40:00 - Pass Stevie in the pits
54:28 - Stevie passes me
58:00 - Kept well within a second of Stevie but bad timing with back markers loses me several seconds
1:02:15 - Think I'm +20l compared to Stevie but slowly get closer until completely fluffing Copse and getting a 5 second penalty.
1:03:10 Stevie's win almost gets ruined by a lapping Group 5 car

The post finish replay is amusing in that you can see the missing cars :)

I apologise for the crash Tricky, I did try and brake and pull off you when we were together :( and I have no idea why I'm not in your replay!? Actually, maybe it's because I was DQ'd?

ZiggyUK
15-08-2015, 01:32
Just to remind those members following this thread but who did not initially register that we still have plenty of room as we are running two lobbies simultaneously.

There is still room for 5 more drivers on each lobby and of course the odd relief driver. Post #2 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1077335&viewfull=1#post1077335) is what you are looking for

falcon2081
15-08-2015, 01:40
I re-registered again for next Wednesday's race.

ZiggyUK
15-08-2015, 04:13
I re-registered again for next Wednesday's race.

You only need to register once :)

ZiggyUK
15-08-2015, 04:14
Here you go, the on-board from my race last Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1uyvdb3L8s

Tricky
15-08-2015, 09:48
I apologise for the crash Tricky, I did try and brake and pull off you when we were together :( and I have no idea why I'm not in your replay!? Actually, maybe it's because I was DQ'd?

No worries Stevie. With the replay, did you leave before we got back to the lobby screen?

Stevie_F
15-08-2015, 18:52
No worries Stevie. With the replay, did you leave before we got back to the lobby screen?

No I stayed until the session was over and ported us back to the lobby

Tricky
15-08-2015, 19:31
No I stayed until the session was over and ported us back to the lobby

Odd, I thought the whole point of us not leaving early was to stop this, but clearly it can happen anyway. (at least pre-patch)

BumperCarrotNL
17-08-2015, 10:15
what waste gapte pressure did the guys run in the G5 cars last wednesday?

i did some testing and i got a 2 min flat in but that was with full wastegate and it gives me engine demage so i can't do more than 7 laps :P then i tried it with half wastegate pressure and i could do 10-12 laps i think maybe a bit more. so it seems like i need at least 1 stop.

so i was wondering what you guys did last race

ironik
17-08-2015, 10:29
First, don't take the BMW 320 ;)

Regarding the wastegate pressure, I bet that the default one is a safe choice.

EDIT : You should try to make a "long" session. Let say 15 laps and see how is your engine after that. :)

sp1kegrw
17-08-2015, 11:20
Looks like i will be racing this wednesday and not happy that i have got to have time off work under doctors orders :(

i am looking forward to wednesdays race

Will Fly
17-08-2015, 16:36
help
my names not in the second group did send email to Ziggy why i couldn't attend last Wednesday race

falcon2081
17-08-2015, 16:40
help
my names not in the second group did send email to Ziggy why i couldn't attend last Wednesday race

Your name is inscribed there Will. You belong in Charlie 1 group.

Alex011
17-08-2015, 16:48
i have some time to race again!

Neil Bateman
17-08-2015, 22:23
Just done some tests for pit stops and my pit strategy in the merc for Wednesday, can only speak for myself but I had my set up loaded for the race, when I get on the grid the tyre pressures are wrong, do a couple of laps and request a pit stop.

Now whether I use the current active strategy or view saved, select one and make that active the pit stop goes ahead and it gives me the correct fuel and correct tyres and pressures, that is until I leave the pits, when I regain control of the car the tyre pressures change back to the pressures that were showing while on the grid, the wrong pressures.

Now not sure if its just the info on screen that is wrong and the pressures are indeed correct, or if the pressures are wrong, can anyone else test this out and see if the same happens to them, I am not even sure where it gets those pressures from as they are not the default pressures and i have never set those pressures during any testing i have done.

See if anyone can duplicate this.

Elmo
18-08-2015, 05:17
This is not a bug, let me explain what you see:

In the setup you set cold tire pressures (the pressure when the tire has ambient temperature). This is also the pressure you get displayed when the car is under AI control (e.g. in the pits).

When a tire heats up the pressure rises. That is what you see on the grid and leaving the pits, because you get pre-heated tires.

Umer Ahmad
18-08-2015, 09:06
Think Casey mentioned a while ago at WMD when the AI is in control of your car the game switches to the (simplified) "AI physics" code for the player vehicle. Essentially STM is suspended and HUD values have less meaning. When the player is given back control the full STM physics is resumed.

MikeyTT
18-08-2015, 09:32
what waste gapte pressure did the guys run in the G5 cars last wednesday?

i did some testing and i got a 2 min flat in but that was with full wastegate and it gives me engine demage so i can't do more than 7 laps :P then i tried it with half wastegate pressure and i could do 10-12 laps i think maybe a bit more. so it seems like i need at least 1 stop.

so i was wondering what you guys did last race

Was wondering the same thing. On full beans the engine won't last long at all. Backing off to 2.5 on the wastegate (Capri) then it seems to run for over 10 laps with minimal damage, but I'm about 2-3 secs a lap slower. I'm going to see if 2.6 is a fair compromise tonight.

Also need to see what extra time it takes on a pitstop to repair the engine damage, to see if it's worth collecting the damage in the first place ;)

Any other thoughts from you G5-ers??

Pamellaaa
18-08-2015, 09:35
Also need to see what extra time it takes on a pitstop to repair the engine damage, to see if it's worth collecting the damage in the first place ;)

I am not a G5-er this week but for damage repair you are normally looking at a minimal amount of time, I think in the recent Lotus F1 race people where repairing from about 80% damaged in around 5 seconds so I would suggest its well worth taking the damage and factoring in a repair assuming you will definitely have to stop for either Tyres or Fuel!

ironik
18-08-2015, 10:04
Well I think you have much more time to gain in other area of the setup / driving.
Having more power is not necessarily a good thing IMO.

t0daY
18-08-2015, 11:21
Was wondering the same thing. On full beans the engine won't last long at all. Backing off to 2.5 on the wastegate (Capri) then it seems to run for over 10 laps with minimal damage, but I'm about 2-3 secs a lap slower. I'm going to see if 2.6 is a fair compromise tonight.

I am not a G5-er this week but for damage repair you are normally looking at a minimal amount of time, I think in the recent Lotus F1 race people where repairing from about 80% damaged in around 5 seconds so I would suggest its well worth taking the damage and factoring in a repair assuming you will definitely have to stop for either Tyres or Fuel!

Well I think you have much more time to gain in other area of the setup / driving.

I am still not a big fan to take damage and use the advantage that you can repair your enginge fully in 5 seconds (which is very very very unlikely in real races). Its up to everybody but I personally wont do it because it is unrealistic and not fair to other drivers who are running on lower wgp. I also disable "repair engine" in my pit strategy because there is no way to repair an engine during the race.

Maybe for the future a wish from me to sms/elmo :p If someone want to repair his engine/gearbox or sth like that... Let him stay in the pits for 1 or 2 minutes. Still maybe not realistic enough but then it would be non-sense to drive with higher wastegatepressure and just simple repair it in a normal pitstop where you are getting normally new tires + refuel.

Cheers^^

Yeratel84
18-08-2015, 11:56
Last week, I decided to race with default pressure (Capri), as that meant I was able to make it to the end on a single tank (that and my pace was good among my group in lobby 2)

MikeyTT
18-08-2015, 12:03

True, but I need to stack the deck in my favour with those aliens about somehow ;)

I am still not a big fan to take damage and use the advantage that you can repair your enginge fully in 5 seconds (which is very very very unlikely in real races). Its up to everybody but I personally wont do it because it is unrealistic and not fair to other drivers who are running on lower wgp. I also disable "repair engine" in my pit strategy because there is no way to repair an engine during the race.

Maybe for the future a wish from me to sms/elmo :p If someone want to repair his engine/gearbox or sth like that... Let him stay in the pits for 1 or 2 minutes. Still maybe not realistic enough but then it would be non-sense to drive with higher wastegatepressure and just simple repair it in a normal pitstop where you are getting normally new tires + refuel.

Cheers^^

I don't disagree. Maybe you can just imagine it's a loose hose and not actual turbo/block damage ;)

Actually it would be nice to add as a lobby option to disable certain repair options. Maybe one for pCars2.

Last week, I decided to race with default pressure (Capri), as that meant I was able to make it to the end on a single tank (that and my pace was good among my group in lobby 2)

With my lead foot, I'm looking at 27/8 laps max, on an average over 10 laps, even if I lift and coast a little. So I'll need to factor in a stop somewhere. Might try a high downforce/ tall gearing setup tonight and see if the lower revs reduces the fuel usage.

BumperCarrotNL
18-08-2015, 14:15
Wastegate Pressure = WP

at what damage will you notice your engine damage and what is the max i want to get?

did a practice race with 15 laps(half race lenght) and i got 16% damage, my engine temp was about 98 degrees celcius. that was with the ford with a WP at 2.4

fastest lap with 2.4 WP was a 2:01:15
fastest lap with 2.9 WP was a 2:00:012

i have to refuel in the race. also i could use new front tires

javoresku
18-08-2015, 15:56
Finally had the time to do some test laps in the 190 and the E30. I am more comfortable in the Bimmer, but faster in the Merc. Hopefully with my race pace in the high 2:10s to low 2:11s I am not slower that the faster Clios.

TheDoctor46
18-08-2015, 19:10
Hi guys, Im still a bit iffy about what car Ill use tomorrow...the BMW drives very safe, yet it feels a bit slow. The Merc on the other hand is vice versa :dejection: However, for those who decided to use the BMW, I uploaded a hotlap video that gives a good grip of the racing line. Unfortunatly the driving itself is NOT SO GOOD :no: Still used to the gamepad, thats why my pedals inputs looks more digital than analog :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYeC79Tv4PE&feature=youtu.be

MelBonkers
18-08-2015, 19:14
Videos post updated with videos from race 01 at Silverstone (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1078149&viewfull=1#post1078149)

Tricky
18-08-2015, 20:06
Videos post updated with videos from race 01 at Silverstone (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1078149&viewfull=1#post1078149)

I was in the Clio not the M3.

mcarver2000
18-08-2015, 21:16
With patch 3.0 I have done some testing. With tire wear set at 3x, pCars Profiler will show 50+% tire wear. However, the onboard HUD shows that the tires are totally worn at 50%. It seems that the API is more correct, but the tire wear model in-game is generating 6x tire wear. My FB starts to rumble at 50+% wear (according to pCars Profiler) but the onboard HUD telemetry shows totally worn tires.

In the CLK-LM pretty consitently after 19-20 laps around Hockenheim GP on my setup (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/51504132), the wheel start vibrate very bad at higher speeds. While tire wear reached 60% on front left, FR 28, RL 33 and RR 22.

On the BMW 320 T it was different, different effect, it made the car sway left and right at higher speeds. The car was only picking up ~2% wear per lap and it started at lap 8. Changing tire did fix it.

mcarver2000
18-08-2015, 21:19
Elmo, I also experienced the D&F at Silverstone. Would the pcp file from pCars Profiler be of help ID'ing where on the track this happened? If so, PM me and I will provide the file.

I'm afraid my Profiler telemetry doesn't yield a lot of info. It split my dip'n'flip lap into two laps, the original lap it looks like a massive traction loss on the Front Left which might've caused the car to rotate "into" the right front tire which then went through the track. The "went through the track" is pure speculation on my part, but that's the way it feels, similar to when in development we caught those spots where the car would dip its tires through the track.
Second "lap" (it's really only a weird sector that doesn't comply with the known ones for this track) shows something interesting, though: absolutely constant values for each tire while in "D'n'F"-mode with this time the Front Right (!) having absolutely no grip. The normal values at the end seem to be from when I reset the car.

Don't know how much it helps, but here are the screens in question:

€dit: Sorry for the humongousness, I keep forgetting that my Surface has such a high resolution...

MikeyTT
18-08-2015, 22:22
Just a quick question on tomorrows race. What's the tyre wear set to?

I've re-read the regs, and looked at the flyer, but I couldn't find anything that stated what the rate will be. Ta...

Stevie_F
19-08-2015, 01:02
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to tomorrow's race. I won't be home from work in time so have a great race chaps.

Pamellaaa
19-08-2015, 08:08
Well my pedals are finally fully operational again but I haven't had a lot of time for testing yet, has anyone got a decent setup for a Group A? So far I have been limited to about 4 laps and my best time was a 2:10.3 on a mostly default setup and a full tank, I did make some tweaks to the rear suspension after this but it just introduced all the under steer!

Puffpirat
19-08-2015, 09:42
I have setups for both cars but it will be about 16 UTC till I can post them as I'm still at work. But you can check the LB for what times they are worth ;)

Pamellaaa
19-08-2015, 09:58
I have setups for both cars but it will be about 16 UTC till I can post them as I'm still at work. But you can check the LB for what times they are worth ;)

Sounds good, I won't be home until after then anyway so it would be cool to see them!

Which are you taking for the race?

Puffpirat
19-08-2015, 10:01
I wanted to take the Bimmer but I'll go with the Merc. It just suits the track better, drives nicer, if a bit on the nervous side and is faster :)

t0daY
19-08-2015, 12:04
Just a quick question on tomorrows race. What's the tyre wear set to?

I've re-read the regs, and looked at the flyer, but I couldn't find anything that stated what the rate will be. Ta...

It will be Real. The same for the fuel usage and the driving aids :) Yeah we know, the anouncement vanishs after few comments of you guys :( :p

ironik
19-08-2015, 12:20
It will be Real. The same for the fuel usage and the driving aids :) Yeah we know, the anouncement vanishs after few comments of you guys :( :p

Quoted for not loosing the info ^^

I'm gonna be here this evening even though I didn't practice at all. :p

MikeyTT
19-08-2015, 12:52

Thanks.

I did find the announcement and see the "real" for the Aids, hadn't appreciated it also applied to fuel.

On the announcement vanishing, how about on the calendar post linking the track name to the announcement post. The date is already linked to the countdown site. That would help a great deal in not having to search for it page by page.

r3dm15t
19-08-2015, 12:53
Looking forward to the Battle of the Clio tonight, should be fun..:D

Not sure what is considered a good time for this car ?

Averaging 2:18:00 ish

Pamellaaa
19-08-2015, 12:55
Thanks.

I did find the announcement and see the "real" for the Aids, hadn't appreciated it also applied to fuel.

On the announcement vanishing, how about on the calendar post linking the track name to the announcement post. The date is already linked to the countdown site. That would help a great deal in not having to search for it page by page.

We are looking into solutions for this, expect the next poster to be much easier to locate :)

t0daY
19-08-2015, 12:55
Thanks.

We had something different in mind on first place but we are working on it at the moment (really at the moment xD). Your idea sounds really good to me. Lets see what we can do :p

Thanks MikeyTT :)

Ninja'd again by Pam.... this is getting booooring! :D

MelBonkers
19-08-2015, 12:58
Guys, I won't have time to practise, so after my son's football game I'll just jump into the Capri and try to make the best out of it on default setup. See you this evening!

TheDoctor46
19-08-2015, 13:04
But you can check the LB for what times they are worth ;)
I dont want to live on this planet anymore :distant:

javoresku
19-08-2015, 14:14
Downloading Project CARS again, hope that solves my constant crashing problem. ~500KB/s - says 5 hours remaining.

Hellbringer
19-08-2015, 15:17
Should be here for tonights race, Clio's this week for my group. Should be good fun!

t0daY
19-08-2015, 15:28
True, but I need to stack the deck in my favour with those aliens about somehow ;)

I don't disagree. Maybe you can just imagine it's a loose hose and not actual turbo/block damage ;)

Actually it would be nice to add as a lobby option to disable certain repair options. Maybe one for pCars2.

With my lead foot, I'm looking at 27/8 laps max, on an average over 10 laps, even if I lift and coast a little. So I'll need to factor in a stop somewhere. Might try a high downforce/ tall gearing setup tonight and see if the lower revs reduces the fuel usage.

Wastegate Pressure = WP

at what damage will you notice your engine damage and what is the max i want to get?

did a practice race with 15 laps(half race lenght) and i got 16% damage, my engine temp was about 98 degrees celcius. that was with the ford with a WP at 2.4

fastest lap with 2.4 WP was a 2:01:15
fastest lap with 2.9 WP was a 2:00:012

i have to refuel in the race. also i could use new front tires

Alienattack! :p with standart WP around 1:58:xxx and with max WP around high 1:55:xx :D But I think I stay with normal WP or even reduce it to 2,3 or 2,2... Im spinning a lot :D

MikeyTT
19-08-2015, 15:58
Alienattack! :p with standart WP around 1:58:xxx and with max WP around high 1:55:xx :D But I think I stay with normal WP or even reduce it to 2,3 or 2,2... Im spinning a lot :D

So I'm in the slightly non-human camp, but not quite alien, then. Last night I was running low 1:59s (default WP) with full fuel and actually consistent, which is unusual for me ;)

I'm really happy with my set-up tho, it's very, very stable and chuckable if I need it to be. Just can't get the fuel usage down enough to not have to stop, which I'm sure will hurt me.

t0daY
19-08-2015, 16:01
So I'm in the slightly non-human camp, but not quite alien, then. Last night I was running low 1:59s (default WP) with full fuel and actually consistent, which is unusual for me ;)

I'm really happy with my set-up tho, it's very, very stable and chuckable if I need it to be. Just can't get the fuel usage down enough to not have to stop, which I'm sure will hurt me.

And you are not in my Bravo group :O :O meeeeeh :( :(

Battenberg
19-08-2015, 16:07
I'm looking forward to tonight. I've tried both group a cars, and I think I'm going with the Merc. I spent an hour cobbling together a setup for the BMW, only to go 1 second faster with the Mercedes immediately with only a few tweaks to tame the Diff :p I should be able to find some more time with further fiddling, but It looks like my race pace will be mid-high 1:08's.

...Yeah we know, the announcement vanishs after few comments of you guys :( :p

On the announcement vanishing, how about on the calendar post linking the track name to the announcement post...

Also, what if the opening post was updated every week with the next upcoming race's poster (linked to the announcement post) riiight at the top of the thread? So when you click on the thread link from the forum, it'll be the first thing everyone will see - super quick access for a glance, and only 1 click away for more info. This can be applied to GEN & NCC threads too.

Puffpirat
19-08-2015, 16:17
So here goes, my setups for the BMW (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/324319440) and the Merc (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/202735290) :) Have fun!

Pamellaaa
19-08-2015, 16:20
So here goes, my setups for the BMW (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/324319440) and the Merc (http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/202735290) :) Have fun!

Thanks Puff, will try them out.

MikeyTT
19-08-2015, 16:26
And you are not in my Bravo group :O :O meeeeeh :( :(

?? I am a Bravo child. Or are we having to run 2 servers? In which case :( that'll be a shame.

x ImJakeyy
19-08-2015, 16:59
Just working out a setup for the Clio, trying to see how low to go with the tyre pressures.

https://gyazo.com/20358165c1a687eb3e1814324a6e337e.png

ZiggyUK
19-08-2015, 17:15
?? I am a Bravo child. Or are we having to run 2 servers? In which case :( that'll be a shame.

Oh dear Mikey :D http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1077337&viewfull=1#post1077337

Zsolt Benczedi
19-08-2015, 17:20
My internet conection died on me, due to heavy rain fallen last couple of days on Budapest probably the guys working on maintanance are on the case and will be able to join till race starts.
In case it's not back in time have fun and looking forward to the recordings

ironik
19-08-2015, 17:21
Just working out a setup for the Clio, trying to see how low to go with the tyre pressures.

https://gyazo.com/20358165c1a687eb3e1814324a6e337e.png

How do you manage to keep your tyre temp in the optimal range?
Mine are already around 107 with 1.80 :hopelessness:

LOL @ the forecast informations :D

cluck
19-08-2015, 17:27
Got my dual-boot into Windows 7 up and running (had a minor blip with the PSU, which I thought had died :o) so I can use my Oculus Rift again, which means Cluck is a happy Cluck :D. Running default setup on the Clio meant I was getting a very low 2m18 time (2m18.1s) in free practice after 5 laps of driving from a fuel tank. It's not a car I'm very familiar with so I'll be learning the car as I go this evening :o.

Anyhoo, see you all on the track later :yes:.

EDIT : Oh and I've also got some new headphones so I might be able to hear what's going on properly now - Kingston HyperX jobbies (I got them because they only cost me £40).

TheDoctor46
19-08-2015, 17:29
Oh dear Mikey :D http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1077337&viewfull=1#post1077337
Well to be fair I read 'group' as Alpha, Beta or Charlie :p

@Puffpirat: tried your M3 setup but unfortunatly its way too sensible on the backend for my driving style. Will stick to the setup I had before...its seconds slower but keeps me from spinning :D

Iceman07
19-08-2015, 17:51
How do you manage to keep your tyre temp in the optimal range?
Mine are already around 107 with 1.80 :hopelessness:

LOL @ the forecast informations :D

Yes Zombies an heavy snowfall tonight :congratulatory:

BTW I'm joining in the Capri tonight. Best time so far 1:59.9

MikeyTT
19-08-2015, 17:55
Well to be fair I read 'group' as Alpha, Beta or Charlie :p

I indeed read the groupings as singular, Alpha, Bravo and Charlie. I had assumed, obviously wrongly, and I wasn't around last week to experience it, that if the numbers required it that we would split out to multiple servers, and the groups would then stick together, but that it wasn't a dead cert from the get go.

I stand corrected with your, not condescending in the slightest, "Oh Dear", British sarcasm then ;)

I shall be in Bravo #2 then rocking that joint instead. I see you're Charlie #2 too, so I'll take great pleasure in lapping your under-powered Grp.A car too Ziggy. Every time I'll pass you I'll mutter "Oh Dear to that!" and hope I don't spin out, embarrass myself and ruin the moment :)

ctd
19-08-2015, 18:01
Sry guys, I'will not make it tonight either. Work and other commitments are bitching me at the moment. :(

MelBonkers
19-08-2015, 18:21
Guys, I won't make it. My son's game is half way and after that they still need to shower. Have fun all! Twiggy looks like our battle will be postponed to the next race.

MikeyTT
19-08-2015, 18:37
For those interested I'll be streaming twitch again tonight: www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Neil Bateman
19-08-2015, 20:10
Guys sorry for the sudden exit but something blew up in my pc, really not sure what it was but the burning smell seemed to be coming from the PSU, if it was that is it possible its fried everything along with it?

Man i am really on the verge of tears right now as everything in there is brand new and cost over £1000, no way on this planet i can even think about being able to replace it all.:heart-borken:

MelBonkers
19-08-2015, 20:17
Guys sorry for the sudden exit but something blew up in my pc, really not sure what it was but the burning smell seemed to be coming from the PSU, if it was that is it possible its fried everything along with it?

Man i am really on the verge of tears right now as everything in there is brand new and cost over £1000, no way on this planet i can even think about being able to replace it all.:heart-borken:

Very sorry to hear that Neil. If things are brand new, you sure have warranty on parts. Hope you get it sorted!

For those interested I'll be streaming twitch again tonight: www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Mikey, thanx for the stream! And congratulations with the win!

MikeyTT
19-08-2015, 20:30
Twitch stream of the race now highlighted. Mega chuffed. First win I think.

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt/v/11751627

I'm exporting to Youtube now, so will post that later on.

Mikey, thanx for the stream! And congratulations with the win!

Thanks. Not too many incidents thankfully. Just one cockup from me...

TheDoctor46
19-08-2015, 20:32
Wow what a race, I knew I was the underdog with the M3 and just within the race noticed the BMW got ABS :stupid: Unfortunatly I did a lot mistakes at the beginning and found myself on the end of the GrpA field...unlike some others, I kept driving and was able to improve my laptime from lap to lap (while shrudding my tires). This hard that I had a great last laps with Alex who seemed to struggle with his tires, but there were not enough laps to take a chance to overtake him :p Thanks all for the very gentlemen like race today, looking forward to the next one :yes:

Race results from group 2 :rolleyes:

Zsolt Benczedi
19-08-2015, 21:46
Managed to make a screenshot of first 14 from server1

Pamellaaa
19-08-2015, 22:07
I believe that I should have taken the BMW, I was a lot more comfortable in it and although it may not have been as quick I would have got to the end I think. The start was excellent, Group A was tightly bunched for 3 or 4 laps and there was lots of clean but very close racing, very good fun, after that I made a small mistake, got a track cut penalty and started to fall back, the car I was in was just too much of a handful for me and really didn't suit my driving style - on a hooked up lap I was reasonably competitive but I simply couldn't keep that pace up and started making silly mistake after silly mistake. In short I hadn't prepared well enough, hadn't done enough testing and it showed! around half race distance, after my second pit stop and with a splitting headache I parked it in the garage and spectated until the end.

What I saw as a spectator was very good, I was watching on TV cams and flicking from car to car and there was generally good awareness from all, people were staying on the racing line when being lapped and no-one jumped out to me as abusing track limits - a good show all around.

Thanks to all who attended, my apologies for sitting the latter part of the race out, I will dedicate more time to preparation the next time round in a bid to ensure this doesn't happen again!

cluck
19-08-2015, 22:19
Not sure why I was lagging, there were no other PCs on in the house and there was nothing running in the background on the PC (it's a fresh W7 build and only has essential drivers and Project CARS installed), but my apologies for any problems it caused. It did mean I had a bit of a chase on my hands as I dropped to the back and worked my way back up as best I could. I didn't get much time to drive the car so I had no idea it ate tyres for breakfast :o. 10 laps and my front left tyre was gone, with almost all the front-right gone too. Was a good race though, I enjoyed it despite not really liking the car very much :D.

falcon2081
20-08-2015, 00:54
Not sure why I was lagging, there were no other PCs on in the house and there was nothing running in the background on the PC (it's a fresh W7 build and only has essential drivers and Project CARS installed), but my apologies for any problems it caused. It did mean I had a bit of a chase on my hands as I dropped to the back and worked my way back up as best I could. I didn't get much time to drive the car so I had no idea it ate tyres for breakfast :o. 10 laps and my front left tyre was gone, with almost all the front-right gone too. Was a good race though, I enjoyed it despite not really liking the car very much :D.

When I post my video you will clearly see the time warping your car was doing lol.

ZiggyUK
20-08-2015, 02:38
Well that just about sums up my life right now ... didn't even get to do the formation lap. It appears my router decided to disconnect my PC's network to the internet. No idea why it should do that.

Anyway all I remember of the race was ..... the excitement on the grid, the cars moving off in front of me, starting to move forward to join the formation lap and hearing FlyingKman talk about me disconnecting or something :( I am assuming as my disconnect happened at the grid then it did not cause anyone any trouble.

As you see I am back up and running again so roll on Sunday for a GEN race

edit: for those of you that know me well then you know I always look for the silver lining in everything ... well I found it from todays problems ..

I stand corrected with your, not condescending in the slightest, "Oh Dear", British sarcasm then ;)

I shall be in Bravo #2 then rocking that joint instead. I see you're Charlie #2 too, so I'll take great pleasure in lapping your under-powered Grp.A car too Ziggy. Every time I'll pass you I'll mutter "Oh Dear to that!" and hope I don't spin out, embarrass myself and ruin the moment :)

Next Wednesday I shall be in Gr.5 and Mikey will be in the Clio Cup, beep-beep :highly_amused:

There is nothing like getting one over on your old team mates.

TwistedNav
20-08-2015, 08:20
Bit of a damp squib for me last night in Lobby 1. Was really enjoying the 190 in the practice sessions and was happily doing 2'10''s with stock setup. Then come the race and for some reason it felt like the car was completely down on power. I was a good 5 secs slower, and could barely get to 130mph on either the back or start/finish straights, so I retired rather than be a moving roadblock. Very puzzling as I was really looking forward to that race - love that car, but on my final lap I was further away from the Group A ahead of me than the first Clio was behind me!

Hopefully the Group 5s will prove somewhat more fruitful.

Tricky
20-08-2015, 09:01
Was a pretty good race, strangely Alex_Salmon and I seemed to alternate who was faster at different points of the race.

I hope we have more people next race, only seemed to be three of us racing to the end? (lobby 2, grp A)

MikeyTT
20-08-2015, 09:41
Next Wednesday I shall be in Gr.5 and Mikey will be in the Clio Cup, beep-beep :highly_amused:

There is nothing like getting one over on your old team mates.

Real shame about your disconnect, not the end to the night either of us was hoping for, I'm sure.

I shall spend every waking minute from now till next Wed, tuning the bahjeebers out of that Clio, so it's as fast as the Grp5, or certainly the way you'll drive the Grp5. So actually I won't need to tune it at all, I can just roll it out of the garage stock ;)

Will you be in the Zonda on Sun perchance? I seem to recall we put together a pretty good set-up for that same car on that same track, some time back. Just need to dig out that spreadsheet :)

Battenberg
20-08-2015, 10:47
It was a bit lonely in the Group A cars after the initial battles at the start. Everyone spread out after a few laps, so it turned into an exercise in robotic consistency. I feel I'm getting better at piling away the laps without error now, I used to have at least 2 unforced spins in a race this length - so that's something positive to take away from yesterday. The traffic was good too, no issues here.

I guess not every race can be a barrel of excitement - I've had quite a few good ones lately, so it only seems right to have a quiet one to balance it all out. I put together this sweet ass video showing off the only lively bits from last night.

https://youtu.be/D575dxZSjUA

My favourite bit is at 5:10 (https://youtu.be/D575dxZSjUA?t=318). Me and Pam must have been Siamese twins born at the hip, we always end up side by side sooner or later...

Photonenbert
20-08-2015, 11:00

There will be a link on the 1st page that links to the race posts from now on so you dont waste your time searching for the post :)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1077336&viewfull=1#post1077336

Hello Gentlemen,

We hope you’ll enjoy our third race as we are going to Sakitto GP.

Team Alpha: Gr. A
Team Bravo: Renault Clio
Team Charlie: Gr. 5

Date: 26th August 2015
Practice Start: 18:30 UTC
Qualifying Start: 18:45 UTC
Race Start: 19:00 UTC

Race: 1+34 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)
Ingame Time: 15:00
Time progression: 1x
Weather Forecast: A dry afternoon is expected with patchy cloud interspersed with sunny spells throughout the race.
Weather progression: 1x

Driving Aids: Real

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation after Turn 13.

Watch out for the pit entry!

Greetings,

ZiggyUK & Hobbs & Pamellaaa & Photonenbert & FlyingKman & t0daY

Battenberg
20-08-2015, 11:04
Oh gawd, I have to be in the Group 5's around HERE. :eek:

Martin G Webb
20-08-2015, 11:12
Oh gawd, I have to be in the Group 5's around HERE. :eek:

It's a total blast from memory in the Capri, not sure about the beemer I've never driven it around this circuit. You should all be in for a good laugh, even the clio's are lively in Japan.

Pamellaaa
20-08-2015, 11:22
My favourite bit is at 5:10 (https://youtu.be/D575dxZSjUA?t=318). Me and Pam must have been Siamese twins born at the hip, we always end up side by side sooner or later...

Nice vid mate, it was a close battle for the first few laps, I really didn't have a handle on my car though, and although the pace I had was half decent I was so inconsistent and kept spinning, sorry for dropping out of that battle!

Its also apparent in that video that I was appalling on the brakes, quite how I managed to combine very little retardation with such massive brake wear I have no idea, something must have been very wrong with the setup I was using!

We do seem to be somewhat inseperable on track, Group 5s are going to be fun next week, I will make a point to do more setup and practice next week. FWIW in the very brief bit of driving I have done in the GR.5 I actually find them easier to drive than the GR.A. We will see!

MikeyTT
20-08-2015, 14:20
Replay view of the Nurburgring GP race from the Zakspeed Capri's view. If you have paint drying or grass growing, you might want to watch that instead TBH. It's not the most riveting replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMbsoOMuXWU

That's one mighty quick Clio in 3rd ;)

Tricky
20-08-2015, 14:45
Here is my lobby 2 Gp5 video.

http://youtu.be/3mqXXgPte7g

2:30 Doc overshoots T1
3:20 Did see some warping from Alex_Salmon at various points of the race, that or his car just had a boogie in my rear view mirror.
3:49 Doc spins behind?
4:09 Overshoot the chicane and Alex gets along side
5:29 Overshoot the hairpin, urg
7:50 Catch Alex back up
9:53 Papa makes a meal of getting past me :)
11:00 Give sp1ke the inside but he overshoots in T1
12:40 Rear steps out on chicane exit and I spin, over 8 seconds behind Alex now
20:20 I don't make life all that easy for sp1ke looking to pass, but then it is for position and I don't want to lose any more ground to Alex
24:08 All getting busy ahead, 24:27 Don't want to hinder Hellbringer and Jakeys race (but see above)
25:30 Alex cuts the chicane and gets a penalty "I didn't do anything" HA! We saw, we saw :)
36:08 I fluff the chicane and Alex is, literally on my tail. Passes into T1
38:38 Bit of contact with Xiondraps Clio, think he thought all the cars passing were past and we got in each others blind spot
42:20 Get side-by-side with Alex
43:05 Contact with Alex in T2, not sue if he really slowed that much or a bit of warping... just about avoid a spin
43:18 Alex loses control of his car and goes off
47:45 Probably my worst moment, may look under control but I crapped myself :)
Pretty much if I think.

MikeyTT
20-08-2015, 15:42
Some of you might have seen from the GEN thread that I've set up live event streaming in YouTube now. It gives you the ability to set reminders for the event here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSEGHoIDaA6Pg76rm09mtJA

I'll be trying this out on Sunday, but if all works out ok, I'll carry on doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QEfs8tHgng

Iceman07
20-08-2015, 15:47
Congrats to Mikey and the other winners.

I had a strange bug where my wheel started to vibrate and lost all feedback when I turned it more than 90 degrees. I had this bug already in singleplayer some time ago and returning to pits solved the problem. Did anyone have ever had a similar bug? I'm using a Thrustmaster T300.
My race was not so good, but still funny and the position is also not bad. The bug did not help either and so I spun 3 times :(
It's not easy to drive when you lose the whole feedback and only feel vibration when driving through corners.

Puffpirat
20-08-2015, 16:15
I believe that I should have taken the BMW, I was a lot more comfortable in it and although it may not have been as quick I would have got to the end I think... ...the car I was in was just too much of a handful for me and really didn't suit my driving style

Its also apparent in that video that I was appalling on the brakes, quite how I managed to combine very little retardation with such massive brake wear I have no idea, something must have been very wrong with the setup I was using!

Was that with my setup or did you end up using your own?

My race was not very eventful but it was a tough fight in itself to keep the Merc on track for 30 laps. One of the Group 5 cars didn't get going at the start which caused some trouble for the Group As and I lost some positions. In the end I beat a Group 5 car :p

Pamellaaa
20-08-2015, 16:23
Was that with my setup or did you end up using your own?

My race was not very eventful but it was a tough fight in itself to keep the Merc on track for 30 laps. One of the Group 5 cars didn't get going at the start which caused some trouble for the Group As and I lost some positions. In the end I beat a Group 5 car :p

I started with your setup and adjusted from there, from memory I added downforce (as I was still nearly hitting the redline in 6th) then I softened the rear to try to and keep it in check a bit, then I softened the front as I had introduced too much understeer. I have always struggled in oversteery cars and this setup just didn't work for me, I didn't have enough time to test over more than about 4 laps either which didn't help.

I am not sure why I couldn't get the car stopped though, I was getting to 100% on the brake input on my telemetry and I had my brake pressure at 100% as per yours, I had moved the bias back a little to try and keep some temp in the rear brakes but other than that I don't know what was wrong, it just didn't want to stop and was very nervous on the brakes, no idea what caused that but it was noticeable that I was braking earlier than Will and still running on further than him - possibly I am just not used to a Load Cell pedal yet and wasn't hitting 100% with enough regularity or for long enough - who knows. Also brake wear was huge, over 2% a lap!? was this what others were seeing and if so how bad must the cars have been at the end with ~60% brake wear?

Either way I think I would have done a lot better in the Beemer, I was much happier in it in early testing and only went with the Merc as I had had limited time in both cars and everyone was saying it was quickest. Either way, I will be back next week in a car that I am familiar with and will hopefully put up more of a fight :)

Puffpirat
20-08-2015, 16:38
I started with your setup and adjusted from there, from memory I added downforce (as I was still nearly hitting the redline in 6th) then I softened the rear to try to and keep it in check a bit, then I softened the front as I had introduced too much understeer. I have always struggled in oversteery cars and this setup just didn't work for me, I didn't have enough time to test over more than about 4 laps either which didn't help.

I am not sure why I couldn't get the car stopped though, I was getting to 100% on the brake input on my telemetry and I had my brake pressure at 100% as per yours, I had moved the bias back a little to try and keep some temp in the rear brakes but other than that I don't know what was wrong, it just didn't want to stop and was very nervous on the brakes, no idea what caused that but it was noticeable that I was braking earlier than Will and still running on further than him - possibly I am just not used to a Load Cell pedal yet and wasn't hitting 100% with enough regularity or for long enough - who knows. Also brake wear was huge, over 2% a lap!? was this what others were seeing and if so how bad must the cars have been at the end with ~60% brake wear?

Either way I think I would have done a lot better in the Beemer, I was much happier in it in early testing and only went with the Merc as I had had limited time in both cars and everyone was saying it was quickest. Either way, I will be back next week in a car that I am familiar with and will hopefully put up more of a fight :)
Yeah the Bimmer is the easier car to push hard but the Merc was faster on the last few tracks. Tbh I didn't have a lot of preparation time so didn't even check the profiler for break wear. But I probably had similar problems as I had to shift my brake points forward even tough the car was getting lighter.

Throttle control seems to be key in the group a cars. Without throttle input it still felt understeery to me. I seem to have a strange driving style tough ;)

You'll love the load cell when you get used to it. It becomes second nature to brake by pressure, bleeding of into the corners and so on :)

Neil Bateman
20-08-2015, 18:46
A quick update on my pc problem from last night, it was indeed my PSU that blew up in a big way and gave me a virtual heart attack.

The good news, no the GREAT news is it looks like it did not take anything with it which is very very lucky and such a massive relief because that would have been the end for me, it took 18 months of saving every penny to replace every component, all except the PSU which was going to be the last thing.

Have yet to find out the cause and even though it was a 750W PSU which i though was more than adequate it was 2 years old and apparently a non branded cheapo model.

Anyway see you all on sunday.:cheerful:

cluck
20-08-2015, 19:42
A quick update on my pc problem from last night, it was indeed my PSU that blew up in a big way and gave me a virtual heart attack.

The good news, no the GREAT news is it looks like it did not take anything with it which is very very lucky and such a massive relief because that would have been the end for me, it took 18 months of saving every penny to replace every component, all except the PSU which was going to be the last thing.

Have yet to find out the cause and even though it was a 750W PSU which i though was more than adequate it was 2 years old and apparently a non branded cheapo model.

Anyway see you all on sunday.:cheerful:I wonder why it blew up?

Sarcasm aside, glad it didn't take anything with it :)

Neil Bateman
20-08-2015, 20:07
I wonder why it blew up?

Sarcasm aside, glad it didn't take anything with it :)

Lesson learnt, you get what you pay for.

I guess there are some things you should never buy on the cheap, always best to wait and save a little extra.

XiondrapoS
20-08-2015, 20:18
38:38 Bit of contact with Xiondraps Clio, think he thought all the cars passing were past and we got in each others blind spot

I knew you were behind me, just didn't quite expect you to be that quick to dive down the inside. I even took a wider line than usual to leave some space but I guess you just ran a bit wider than expected.

Cleps
21-08-2015, 08:15
Is it still ok for taking part of the MCE? (i've been quite absent from last TGC events but I'd enjoy to join for few more races =) )

Pamellaaa
21-08-2015, 08:19
Is it still ok for taking part of the MCE? (i've been quite absent from last TGC events but I'd enjoy to join for few more races =) )

Absolutely, complete the sign up form and you will be added to a group :)

Cleps
21-08-2015, 09:52
Absolutely, complete the sign up form and you will be added to a group :)

Thanks! Done, I'll try to be there for the race on the 26th August.

ironik
21-08-2015, 10:24
Congrats to Mikey and the other winners.

I had a strange bug where my wheel started to vibrate and lost all feedback when I turned it more than 90 degrees. I had this bug already in singleplayer some time ago and returning to pits solved the problem. Did anyone have ever had a similar bug? I'm using a Thrustmaster T300.
My race was not so good, but still funny and the position is also not bad. The bug did not help either and so I spun 3 times :(
It's not easy to drive when you lose the whole feedback and only feel vibration when driving through corners.

Yeah I had this problem with my new TX300 !
I have no idea where it could come from... I didn't have that bug again in the last two races I made.
I changed the FFB Profile to the old one (1.4 IIRC), maybe you could give it a try ?

By the way, I had a great race.
The start was a bit clumsy as we didn't have the "Go go go". I lost something like 3 or 4 places.
I had some great battles and I've been rear ended once by a "lapping" car (with not much damages though)
I came back to 2nd position and started a nice ascent to catch FlyingKman back.
Eventually, I manage to reduce the gap to 5s.
I then had to pit and... well... I screw up. My pit stop strategy was wrong although I'm quite sure I did create one in FP.
I lost many seconds while waiting in the pit when I finally realized that I had to close the pit strategy screen to make it happen :dejection: :hopelessness:
After that the gap between FlyingKman, me and Yera stayed almost the same until the end.

I'm gonna try to make a vid of the race.

PS: The replay is totally bugged by the way.

falcon2081
21-08-2015, 16:13
Alright guys here you go. The glorious Clio battle between Elmo and myself. No need for time stamps as we were neck and neck pretty much all race. Oddly enough we collided a couple of times and I never got the achievement for bumping a dev car. Bug?......Kidding lol.

PS: Cluck buddy you can see yourself warping in the beginning of the video. Also video is still processing. So no HD yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZl0VJwZ31c

cluck
21-08-2015, 16:57
woah, that was bad :( . Like I said, I have no idea why other than to blame my crap ADSL service (although, to my knowledge, it hasn't been a problem before) - my PC was the only internet-connected device switched on at the time of the race (my phone turns its wireless off when the screen is off) and nothing was running except the essentials as it was a brand new W7 install with all the updates installed prior to the race starting (precisely to avoid this sort of thing cropping up). My apologies to anybody I hit or appeared to hit :o.

falcon2081
21-08-2015, 17:46
woah, that was bad :( . Like I said, I have no idea why other than to blame my crap ADSL service (although, to my knowledge, it hasn't been a problem before) - my PC was the only internet-connected device switched on at the time of the race (my phone turns its wireless off when the screen is off) and nothing was running except the essentials as it was a brand new W7 install with all the updates installed prior to the race starting (precisely to avoid this sort of thing cropping up). My apologies to anybody I hit or appeared to hit :o.

It might not have been your connection per se but the way your ISP routed your connection to the DS server. If there was a hiccup along the way it could cause problems.

Zsolt Benczedi
21-08-2015, 19:36
Sorry Elmo and falcon for the incident between turn 3 and 4 on lap 8 but from my pov the overtake wasn't that risky although it still happened:(. Thanks everyone for the race, it was really a joy driving the Capri even i had my moments in the later stages on used tyres. Thanks t0daY and DrKabel for close racing and Twiggy for dragging me through the finish line:cool:.
It was a pleasure recing with you all, see ya Sunday...

TheDoctor46
23-08-2015, 17:48
3:49 Doc spins behind?
Havent watched the video yet but most likely yes! :very_drunk:

Marek Haase
24-08-2015, 15:29
Finally got some time to cut and render last Wednesday video.

Fairly interesting race it was though I still don't understand why I have decided to "tweak" the setup after the qualifying which I finished fastest in my class.
Once two leading cars broke the slipstream I couldn't get close and I was slowly losing ground to the to finish more than 20s behind Elmo.
At least battle with Delilah was interesting and he was keeping me on my toes (I was worried on penultimate lap).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hupZ-FmX38

falcon2081
24-08-2015, 18:38
Great video there Marek. Crazy seeing myself and Elmo battle it out from another person's perspective.

Photonenbert
24-08-2015, 18:56
I edited my post about the next MCE race as the lap count was wrong.

It is 1+34 Laps of course :)

Marek Haase
24-08-2015, 22:12
Great video there Marek. Crazy seeing myself and Elmo battle it out from another person's perspective.

Wasn't long until I got the "cut track" penalty (lost time because I ran wide and slowdown on top of that... sweet) so haven't had such a good view after that.

cluck
25-08-2015, 20:50
Just wondering if anybody has put some laps in with the BMW M3 Group A and, if so, what times are you setting? Just curious as to whether or not I stand a chance tomorrow night :D. With the date set to tomorrow and weather set to sunny/light cloud, with about 85L of fuel I managed to set a time just under 1m53s. I've not done much to the setup, just dropped the rear wing to 2 and upped the gearing slightly to stop it redlining for half of the s/f straight :o.

Oh and fuel use seems to be about 3L per lap, which means a pit stop is an almost odds-on necessity (doubt the tyres would last the distance either).

Timmynator
25-08-2015, 20:58
Now, the Clio won't last at all on its tires. Managed 11 laps @ 20ish tire wear before the front right gave out and sent me into the wall at 200 kph...

Looks like triple stinting the Clio is the way to go.

falcon2081
25-08-2015, 21:43
Just wondering if anybody has put some laps in with the BMW M3 Group A and, if so, what times are you setting? Just curious as to whether or not I stand a chance tomorrow night :D. With the date set to tomorrow and weather set to sunny/light cloud, with about 85L of fuel I managed to set a time just under 1m53s. I've not done much to the setup, just dropped the rear wing to 2 and upped the gearing slightly to stop it redlining for half of the s/f straight :o.

Oh and fuel use seems to be about 3L per lap, which means a pit stop is an almost odds-on necessity (doubt the tyres would last the distance either).

Miagi did a 1:51.0 with the Mercedes. Dunno how much fuel he had. I did a 1:51.191 with about 25L of fuel. The Merc is definitely faster though but I still think I will go with the BMW still. I'll have to do some stint runs with both cars and choose whichever one for tomorrow. Hopefully my Clubsport V3 pedals get in on time tomorrow.

Giovtec
26-08-2015, 00:52
1:51's on the grA? :dejection: i feel like i am driving another track, just did few laps and i am getting 1:56 *ish* on TT.. yes, i know i'm AM driver, but dammmmnnnnn!! you guys are flying. i will check some of your ghost, maybe i can try to follow your race line.. :D

falcon2081
26-08-2015, 01:46
1:51's on the grA? :dejection: i feel like i am driving another track, just did few laps and i am getting 1:56 *ish* on TT.. yes, i know i'm AM driver, but dammmmnnnnn!! you guys are flying. i will check some of your ghost, maybe i can try to follow your race line.. :D

I haven't done a time trial with the BMW. But i can sneak one in tonight when I do my tests so if you have time in the morning you can check out.

Giovtec
26-08-2015, 01:52
I haven't done a time trial with the BMW. But i can sneak one in tonight when I do my tests so if you have time in the morning you can check out.

Pleaseeee!! i will try tonight here too, cuz tomorrow i want to decide what car to take :D

falcon2081
26-08-2015, 03:15
Pleaseeee!! i will try tonight here too, cuz tomorrow i want to decide what car to take :D

I'm going to get on for a little bit. Add me on steam if you want to practice together. I'll make sure to run through a TT in the BMW.

MelBonkers
26-08-2015, 09:06
I'm back! Modem is revived and I'm back on the internet. So I'll attend this evenings last race! Will be fun racing the Clio at Suzuka :D

Pamellaaa
26-08-2015, 09:30
I am also back! 2 re-installs later and an internet cookie to Jakey who first suggested it might be a failing hard drive causing Project CARS tracks to regularly corrupt - its hard to be sure but when the MFT on a less than 24 hour old Windows installation is corrupting I am no longer willing to trust that SSD with anything and it would explain all of my previous problems! A quick trip to Maplins to return it and I now have a 480GB Sandisk instead of a likely knackered 240GB OCZ. Windows is installed and up to date, pCARS is downloading and is due to be done a few hours before the race starts :).

I did manage to do a few laps on a previous installation in the Group 5, I was seeing 1:46 but I don't really know if this is any good as there were only 5 times on the whole leaderboard when I set mine. What are other people seeing? This was at standard wastegate pressure because the engine wear on anything higher was just ludicrous. I did also have quite a nice setup that stopped the car bottoming out and had the gearing set nicely for the end of the straight but this has been lost with the SSD, anyone posting something for the Capri would be greatly appreciated although I do have a rough idea of what I did so should be able to get back to something usable within an hour or so of testing. I was unable to do any long runs either, does anyone know if the Capri will be ok for the full race distance on Engine and Tyre wear? I am assuming that the fuel won't be a problem but haven't tested this!

Its worth noting that the classes are going to be closer together here than at previous tracks, its much more of a handling track so the additional power of the faster classes is less of an advantage, I think there will be about 5 seconds per lap between classes rather than the 10 or so we have been seeing.

SillySausage
26-08-2015, 09:40
Anyone have a Clio setup they can share with me for tonight's race? I don't think I'll have the time to conduct my usual extensive tuning.

Tricky
26-08-2015, 09:53

Going by the leaderboard (with not many times set yet);

Clio - 2:04.569
Grp A - 1:52.332
Grp 5 - 1:44.226

Neil Bateman
26-08-2015, 10:11
Cant make tonight or sunday night guys sorry, working till 10PM.

See you all next Wednesday.

miagi
26-08-2015, 10:19
Miagi did a 1:51.0 with the Mercedes. Dunno how much fuel he had. I did a 1:51.191 with about 25L of fuel. The Merc is definitely faster though but I still think I will go with the BMW still. I'll have to do some stint runs with both cars and choose whichever one for tomorrow. Hopefully my Clubsport V3 pedals get in on time tomorrow.

I think I had about 20 liters. 1:50.5 could be possible and might be seen towards the end of the race if needed ;)

Well I already won a race on this track with the GT3s where we even drove in the night, so I have a bit more practice. :P

Btw. Sakitto GP is dip&flip territory, the only advice I have give is, stay on track and don't run the kerbs too hard, imo that provokes the dip & flip.

MikeyTT
26-08-2015, 10:37
Anyone have a Clio setup they can share with me for tonight's race? I don't think I'll have the time to conduct my usual extensive tuning.

I'm in the same boat as you. Unfortunately I've had some family issues and I won't be doing any running of the track/car until tonight.

From what I've read, you need to drop the camber down and make the steering ratio lower, so the car is more responsive. I've read this, but have no actual experience, so take that with a cellar full of salt.

I don't recall ever driving the Clio, so it will be a bit of a baptism by fire for me I think. And FWD, Yuck!!

Cleps
26-08-2015, 10:39
Hello everyone, long time I've not driven with you and unfortunately today won't change that situation, I have something scheduled for tonight so I won't be able to join you.

I'm really looking forward to come back as it's been weeks that I didn't enjoy a PCars session. I hope to be there for next event. Joining whichever class of the three as I like all of them.

Have fun guys!

AlexOki
26-08-2015, 11:29
Interesting the Clio and like someone it does look like a 3 stint on tyres. The fronts get eaten away profusely. Although fuel will not last that might just be a second filling. Time wise I cannot gauge at this point in time as there are no times posted here except mine and the slower ones. 2.04.5 looks average for me
but did do a 2.03.9 once and still have not being able to get there again. Very difficult to gauge my pace to anyone here if there are no times posted (hmm looks you guys maybe SANDBAGGING it) :highly_amused:;)

Elmo
26-08-2015, 11:36
The Nürburgring race last week munched a lot on the front left tire too. I managed it by making the suspension for that particular tire a bit softer, which led to evenly balanced tire wear in the front and one pitstop being enough to make the distance.

MelBonkers
26-08-2015, 13:23
Just did a couple of practise laps in TT. My best with the Clio is a 2m02s1xx. I'm sure there's still a second or so to gain, but I can't get more speed out of the car. The combo is just brilliant and I think the race this evening will be a blast.

Pay attention however as the cut track penalties leave you with very little margin to set a valid time!

ironik
26-08-2015, 14:34

Hey! That's me ! :P

I didn't do much regarding the setup... I tuned the final gear, the diffs just a little bit (more accel, less decel, more slip), brake ducts (around 15%) and radiator (around 50%). That's it for now ...
I didn't practice much @sakitto but the 1:50 seems unreachable for me.
I'll try to change some things like aero and camber before the race but I bet I'm gonna loose more than what I may gain ^^
The track detection is really sensitive by the way, watch your line :P

EDIT: i forgot, I tuned the front tires pressure too. (1.55 vs 1.60)

t0daY
26-08-2015, 14:52
Just did a couple of practise laps in TT. My best with the Clio is a 2m02s1xx. I'm sure there's still a second or so to gain, but I can't get more speed out of the car. The combo is just brilliant and I think the race this evening will be a blast.

Pay attention however as the cut track penalties leave you with very little margin to set a valid time!

The time sounds promising :) With full tank or just some litres? Managing a mid 2:01:xxx with full tank but the tire wear is critical. Thinking about 2 stops :O

Iceman07
26-08-2015, 15:16
I did a 2:03:5 in the clio yesterday (with 30l fuel and in practice mode). I didn't change much on the setup, only brake pressure and balance.

I will do some tire wear and fuel test now, and maybe some time trial :)

See you tonight.

MelBonkers
26-08-2015, 15:22
The time sounds promising :) With full tank or just some litres? Managing a mid 2:01:xxx with full tank but the tire wear is critical. Thinking about 2 stops :O

Don't worry t0day ;-). That was in TT, so 5 iters of fuel constantly. The tire wear will be the key to this race. I managed to do about 15 laps with the tires in TT. Will do a test run with fuel and tire wear in practice mode. You'll be faster than me anyway ;-)

falcon2081
26-08-2015, 15:26
I think I had about 20 liters. 1:50.5 could be possible and might be seen towards the end of the race if needed ;)

I doubt it can be possible unless your going over the curbs. Best I did in the Merc was 1:50.8 and that was almost over the limit. With the Bimmer I did 1.51.0.

t0daY
26-08-2015, 15:33
Don't worry t0day ;-). That was in TT, so 5 iters of fuel constantly. The tire wear will be the key to this race. I managed to do about 15 laps with the tires in TT. Will do a test run with fuel and tire wear in practice mode. You'll be faster than me anyway ;-)

Wouldnt say that. Consistency is the key and I got some problems with some corners :D :D Also the tire wear is crucial. I think about 2 stop maybe because the track is just eating my tires :O :O

Giovtec
26-08-2015, 15:34
I doubt it can be possible unless your going over the curbs. Best I did in the Merc was 1:50.8 and that was almost over the limit. With the Bimmer I did 1.51.0.

yeahh and i can back up your statement. ;)

BTW, it was helpful watch your drive line, style and tips, it's giving me ideas to practice and improve.

Cheers! :cool:

Edit: ohh one thing, are we running tyre wear real?

t0daY
26-08-2015, 16:10
yeahh and i can back up your statement. ;)

BTW, it was helpful watch your drive line, style and tips, it's giving me ideas to practice and improve.

Cheers! :cool:

Edit: ohh one thing, are we running tyre wear real?

Tire wear as always real :P

ironik
26-08-2015, 16:49
1:50,8 :eek:
Man, I need to train hard :sorrow:

Iceman07
26-08-2015, 17:06
Ok I just did some test with the clio.
The car seems to change a lot with weight, did my best time (2:02:7) in lap 17 with 43% tire wear and about 10l fuel left. It seems like I can make the race with one stop for fuel and new tires.

In lap 13 I had something that looked like a dip'n'flip. But I could drive on normaly and didn't feel anything when it happended.
(if it is the bug I can provide files from the profiler, but I didn't see anything odd).

Here is the bug on video:

http://youtu.be/wyFkFwBSap4

Giovtec
26-08-2015, 17:08
noooo!!! last minute call,, have to go out, hopefully get back on time before the race, and i guess i will start from the back in case no qualy session.

wheel- check
pedals- check
game running-check
telemetry app running- check.

ok,, going fast like a dacia sandero!! ;)

Tricky
26-08-2015, 19:27
Unfortunately I had some technical problems and had to drop out.

No disrespect meant to AlexS and Love Story but if there is only three next week I think I'll pass.

Gopher04
26-08-2015, 20:01
Ok I just did some test with the clio.
The car seems to change a lot with weight, did my best time (2:02:7) in lap 17 with 43% tire wear and about 10l fuel left. It seems like I can make the race with one stop for fuel and new tires.

In lap 13 I had something that looked like a dip'n'flip. But I could drive on normaly and didn't feel anything when it happended.
(if it is the bug I can provide files from the profiler, but I didn't see anything odd).

Hmm not sure on that one, but it's the closest we have had for awhile, so any info you have Iceman please hand over to Elmo, he is collecting the data, would be much appreciated..;)

Wojciech Siek
26-08-2015, 20:13
I was half a lap away from winning Gr.5(being in a class of my own :highly_amused:) and this happened216268

miagi
26-08-2015, 20:14
Btw. Sakitto GP is dip&flip territory, the only advice I have give is, stay on track and don't run the kerbs too hard, imo that provokes the dip & flip.

I stayed on track nicely, only 1-2 laps before my dip and flip I did 2 mistakes where I run wider than I wanted and than it happened at the known place under the bridge.

Well probably not right on that, was just hitting the kerbs hard in the test session, but it didn't happen :/

MelBonkers
26-08-2015, 20:57
Well, that was a seriously exciting race! It all started when lighting struck REAL CLOSE to our house three minutes before the end of the free practice session. I can tell you it was a very loud bang! It blew up my settopbox and a Velux electric curtain from our roof window. But my pc survived ;-). Then we went into qualifying and I couldn't get a good lap.....until the last lap where I got pole with a 2m01s5xx. I didn't have a good start as I thought we can only start accelerating AFTER passing the S/F line. So I settled behind t0day and got first place back in first couple of laps. We were side-by-side and exchanged the leading position a couple of times, but we were never more than 1 second seperated from each other. Man man man what a race! I lost the lead when I had a moment with Nevil going through Spoon curve, but we both could continue our way. And then I closed up to t0day again until from my pov it looked like his car lost traction at the rear and the rear end just stepped out going into the S-curves. I regained the and was about 10 seconds in front of t0day. We both pitted in lap 17 or 18 and left the pits with a gap of 3 to 4 seconds. And then the second part of the race started.......which took a LOOOONG time ;-). t0day closed the gap in the penultimate lap and overtook me on the straight going into 130R (great move man!). And then......the server crashed :-(. It's a real pitty this fantastic race ended like this. A pitty I didn't record the race as I had some issues with Action! before the race. Wow.........what a race! Thanx t0day for a very competitive race! The Clio-Sakitto combo is just awesome!

EDIT: To all the people that have recordings/replays: please share them in this thread so I can gather them in the VIDEOS post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1078149&viewfull=1#post1078149).

Battenberg
26-08-2015, 21:33
Here's what happened to me, Twisted Nav appeared to be parked from my POV, even though he was lapping normally elsewhere. When I hit him, there was a lot of commotion on the other side of the circuit as he hit an invisible wall.

http://youtu.be/veTsKX13UtU

Pamellaaa
26-08-2015, 22:28
Well an incident packed but otherwise excellent race, first things first my apologies:

Falcon sorry I ruined your first Quali lap, I underestimated your speed and by the time I realised it was too late to back out of it!
Silly Sausage sorry for the minor contact when lapping in the S section, my fault and I should have been more patient
AlexOki (I think it was) Sorry for lapping at 130R, again I misjudged things but this time I arrived earlier than I intended and had to take the corner and hope for the best, thank you for being alert to this and leaving the room, you saved a big accident that would have been entirely my fault.

Aside from the above I was very happy with my race, I was reasonably consistent with my laptimes, only spun once and managed the pit stop well, my pace was decent by the middle to the end of the race when I had settled down into the car and got to grips with it after a slightly rushed pre-race setup.

For the 2nd time in 3 weeks I have a slightly hollow victory though, at Silverstone Battenberg would probably have held me off had he not had the Dip and Flip and in this race I think I was on for 4th behind Will, TwistedNav and Battenberg had they not all come across incidents in the track that was none of their doing. Once again mine and Battenbergs pace was similar, we were never on track together but always lapping at roughly the same time and holding a consistent gap to one another that only seemed to fluctuate when one or other of us encountered traffic, back in the Clios next week so lets hope we can pick up where we left off at Silverstone!

Shame about the disconnect at the end, and the various Dip and Flip adventures during the race, I mentioned it in TS but I will put it here as well, DnF seemed to not affect the group-5s, the issue with Will, Twisted and Battenberg seemed to me to be a different bug, I know the other race encountered it with almost every Clio at the same time whilst in our race it probably happened more to the Group As than it did to the Clios, very weird. Lets hope that the next track doesn't suffer from these issues.

All in all a good race guys just a shame about some of the issues.

t0daY
26-08-2015, 22:34
Well an incident packed but otherwise excellent race, first things first my apologies:

Falcon sorry I ruined your first Quali lap, I underestimated your speed and by the time I realised it was too late to back out of it!
Silly Sausage sorry for the minor contact when lapping in the S section, my fault and I should have been more patient
AlexOki (I think it was) Sorry for lapping at 130R, again I misjudged things but this time I arrived earlier than I intended and had to take the corner and hope for the best, thank you for being alert to this and leaving the room, you saved a big accident that would have been entirely my fault.

Aside from the above I was very happy with my race, I was reasonably consistent with my laptimes, only spun once and managed the pit stop well, my pace was decent by the middle to the end of the race when I had settled down into the car and got to grips with it after a slightly rushed pre-race setup.

For the 2nd time in 3 weeks I have a slightly hollow victory though, at Silverstone Battenberg would probably have held me off had he not had the Dip and Flip and in this race I think I was on for 4th behind Will, TwistedNav and Battenberg had they not all come across incidents in the track that was none of their doing. Once again mine and Battenbergs pace was similar, we were never on track together but always lapping at roughly the same time and holding a consistent gap to one another that only seemed to fluctuate when one or other of us encountered traffic, back in the Clios next week so lets hope we can pick up where we left off at Silverstone!

Shame about the disconnect at the end, and the various Dip and Flip adventures during the race, I mentioned it in TS but I will put it here as well, DnF seemed to not affect the group-5s, the issue with Will, Twisted and Battenberg seemed to me to be a different bug, I know the other race encountered it with almost every Clio at the same time whilst in our race it probably happened more to the Group As than it did to the Clios, very weird. Lets hope that the next track doesn't suffer from these issues.

All in all a good race guys just a shame about some of the issues.

In the other lobby also group 5 cars had some DnF issues. We did another testsession and thats what we got so far :P

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37995-Dip-amp-Flip-Bug-(recorded-with-Telemetry-HUD)

Giovtec
26-08-2015, 22:35
3rd place? hell yeah!! i'll take it and my first podium on the TGC, i know gr5 got disconnected and some grA too (i think).

At lap 15 i got no steering (then D&F)and went straight to the wall on the exit of the last corner so, i did have the bad luck of having to do a whole complete lap with serious damage, but i took those 50 seconds back to take 3rd place from mcarver in the last 3 corners of the final lap. it was close ending.

And thanks Falcon2081 big help your tips from last night! :cool:

t0daY
26-08-2015, 22:36
Well, that was a seriously exciting race! It all started when lighting struck REAL CLOSE to our house three minutes before the end of the free practice session. I can tell you it was a very loud bang! It blew up my settopbox and a Velux electric curtain from our roof window. But my pc survived ;-). Then we went into qualifying and I couldn't get a good lap.....until the last lap where I got pole with a 2m01s5xx. I didn't have a good start as I thought we can only start accelerating AFTER passing the S/F line. So I settled behind t0day and got first place back in first couple of laps. We were side-by-side and exchanged the leading position a couple of times, but we were never more than 1 second seperated from each other. Man man man what a race! I lost the lead when I had a moment with Nevil going through Spoon curve, but we both could continue our way. And then I closed up to t0day again until from my pov it looked like his car lost traction at the rear and the rear end just stepped out going into the S-curves. I regained the and was about 10 seconds in front of t0day. We both pitted in lap 17 or 18 and left the pits with a gap of 3 to 4 seconds. And then the second part of the race started.......which took a LOOOONG time ;-). t0day closed the gap in the penultimate lap and overtook me on the straight going into 130R (great move man!). And then......the server crashed :-(. It's a real pitty this fantastic race ended like this. A pitty I didn't record the race as I had some issues with Action! before the race. Wow.........what a race! Thanx t0day for a very competitive race! The Clio-Sakitto combo is just awesome!

EDIT: To all the people that have recordings/replays: please share them in this thread so I can gather them in the VIDEOS post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1078149&viewfull=1#post1078149).

CouldnT explain it better. I really enjoyed every second of our Clio battle besides my 5 second penalty for literally nothing and my Dip & Flip bug on the s-curves. But still it was so much fun to fight with you, just amazing!! :)

I pitted at the same lap as you but I refueled less fuel. I wasnt sure if its enough for the race but thats why I gained about 8 seconds in the pits :P :P Looking forward for next wednesday event on Dubai GP :)

falcon2081
26-08-2015, 22:45
3rd place? hell yeah!! i'll take it and my first podium on the TGC, i know gr5 got disconnected and some grA too (i think).

At lap 15 i got no steering (then D&F)and went straight to the wall on the exit of the last corner so, i did have the bad luck of having to do a whole complete lap with serious damage, but i took those 50 seconds back to take 3rd place from mcarver in the last 3 corners of the final lap. it was close ending.

And thanks Falcon2081 big help your tips from last night! :cool:

No problem! Thanks for the help last night. Glad to see you did well and finished on the podium.:cool:

Topsie
27-08-2015, 06:31
Well that would have been a sweet, sweet victory in L1 under different circumstances. Kept my lap times in the 1:44's pretty much each lap, pitted when planned on lap 18, but then two laps later...smash! Straight into a car suffering the infamous *dip n' flip* under the bridge.

Had to pit next lap again to fix aero:(

Then I was back at it, managed to get into second place, 5 secs behind Pam going into the last lap and poof, we all get disco'd.

Other then peoples issues, it was a great race and loved driving that Capri:)

TwistedNav
27-08-2015, 08:08
Very strange incident that affected me, being both parked up on the start/finish and racing at the same time, and such a shame that it proved so catastrophic for a number of people in circulation.

Went for a no-stop strategy, and was very surprised that I appeared to be the only one to do so. I wouldda got away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky bugs!

Was looking forward to trying to foil WillFly's overtake on me, but I know it wouldn't have lasted very long. Very enjoyable race while it lasted, and that Capri really is a wonderful car to drive on that track. Excellent awareness by cars being lapped, and once again TGC proves that it's the place to be for hard, clean fun!

Nevil Wigbels
27-08-2015, 08:23
Well, that was a seriously exciting race! It all started when lighting struck REAL CLOSE to our house three minutes before the end of the free practice session.

Yeah that was a serious thunderstorm. When quali started I had to leave my seat to check the house for open windows first ;)

Man man man what a race! I lost the lead when I had a moment with Nevil going through Spoon curve, but we both could continue our way...

Sorry about that Mo, I guess I misjudged the situation thinking I could overtake both Clio's in one pass :o I was punished by landing in the gravel. My race was not so good, I had a bad start (wrong gear), spun after a couple laps and had a hard time getting the Capri on track. Went off again with overtaking Mo. Default :sleeping: pitstop in lap 20 took ages, got bleu flags after that and after letting Twisted lap me I thought Will Fly was close behind, but let my contender overtake me :P Some laps later Twisted and Will both crashed and then the server did... even though it was an exciting, fun and educational event for me ;)

ironik
27-08-2015, 08:45
Well, that was not a too bad race for me.
I made the pole for group A.
I didn't screw my start too much and managed to have a 45s lead.
Then, on lap 19, I had my first D&F ever.
I then went into pit but screwed it again => refuel but no repair & no tires change.
I exited the pit 7s behind Yera.
I went to pit again and when I exited I was third. 10s behind the second and something like 45s behind Yera.
I did my best to come back to Yera. Around the last lap I was something like 10s behind Yera and then... The group5 survivor disconnected !
Yera then made an error in the first corner and I flew away to the finish line.

That was quite intense despite all the bugs we encoutered.

Will Fly
27-08-2015, 10:55
w@nker.
me that is.

Will Fly
27-08-2015, 10:59
despite the bug issues had a great race and some great battles
was looking forward to see how twisted was going to keep me behind him
but alas never got to find out.
thank you all.

twisted cant see a like under your name. can see it on other peoples posts
can anyone else not see a like box under twisted post.

Nevil Wigbels
27-08-2015, 11:07
Nope, Twisted can't be liked :P

x ImJakeyy
27-08-2015, 11:10
Very strange incident that affected me, being both parked up on the start/finish and racing at the same time, and such a shame that it proved so catastrophic for a number of people in circulation.

Went for a no-stop strategy, and was very surprised that I appeared to be the only one to do so. I wouldda got away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky bugs!

Was looking forward to trying to foil WillFly's overtake on me, but I know it wouldn't have lasted very long. Very enjoyable race while it lasted, and that Capri really is a wonderful car to drive on that track. Excellent awareness by cars being lapped, and once again TGC proves that it's the place to be for hard, clean fun!

By any chance did your game crash in the 15 minute practice or Quali session?

We had the same issue in Lobby 2 at the Silverstone race, when my game crashes from a Unhandled Exception issue in the practice, and my car was always in the pits during the practice and quali session, then stuck at the back of the grid on the race.

t0daY
27-08-2015, 14:52

Hello Gentlemen,

we hope you’ll enjoy our fourth race as we are going to Dubai GP.

Team Alpha: Gr. 5
Team Bravo: Gr. A
Team Charlie: Renault Clio

Date: 2nd September 2015

Race: 1+32 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)
Ingame Time: 17:00
Time progression: 5x
Weather Forecast: A clear evening and night is anticipated with good visibility expected throughout

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation after Turn 14.

Greetings,

Pamellaaa
27-08-2015, 15:10
Heads up gents, DLC is up, if you cant find it just search Steam for Old vs New and it will appear.

TwistedNav
27-08-2015, 15:20
By any chance did your game crash in the 15 minute practice or Quali session?

We had the same issue in Lobby 2 at the Silverstone race, when my game crashes from a Unhandled Exception issue in the practice, and my car was always in the pits during the practice and quali session, then stuck at the back of the grid on the race.

No, had no such issues. I was getting quite a lot of stuttering, which I'll use as the excuse for my slow race pace :-) Both practice and quali were very smooth from my POV though.

Sadly, I can neither like nor be liked - I guess it's a legacy of my youth as a goth!

Will, it would very much have gone like this: I see you in my mirrors, and think, 'right, let's do this', I look back at the road ahead and you've already overtaken me :-)

falcon2081
27-08-2015, 15:22
Nice! Finally a afternoon to night race. Should be fun.

As for my race well I was in group A. I knew from testing Miagi was the one I had to look out for as he was the quickest Mercedes. I took my little BMW to within .200 of his best time in testing. My race pace arguably was just as good as his except that I always had to be on the limit as the Bimmer is unfortunately slower than the Mercedes. I could have taken the Mercedes too but where's the fun in that.

I qualified first which was perfect because I needed to stay in front of Miagi in the race no matter what. It's funny because his strategy was to stay behind me for the race and wait to attack later in the race. We stayed together for about 10 laps. Lap 11 I got a cut track penalty on the corner before the straight. Miagi passed me but I immediately caught up as he himself got caught up in traffic from 2 Clio's. The kink before the bridge I had a better exit than him that made me decide to do a somewhat aggressive pass as he left it open as I knew the Clio's would drift out wide on that left hander after the bridge. The move worked except I got the dip and flip there and Miagi almost crashed into me. Made it back to pits and they decided my clutch was gone so I had to stay in a little longer.

Worked my way back to get close to Miagi at around lap 27 as he was pitted and I would have passed him except again in the second to last corner I had the dip and flip again which made my car go wide incurring severe damage and a 30 cut track penalty. So I said screw it and retired to the pits as I was just too pist off about what happened. So that was my race.

Marek Haase
27-08-2015, 16:26
Dubai in the evening... seems like fun idea :)

As for the race yesterday; just before the ball started rolling I though that I am fatally out of pace and my only conciliation was presence of bunch Clios :)
It turned out to be not as bad as I though as I could keep my boat from hitting things and tire wear wasn't too bad.
Cut track penalties on this track are real pain in the bottom, not only you loose time because you run wide but game is stuffing you with slow down as well.

The video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u205dfCRVQw

Just the end wasn't too exciting, as catching up Potonebert was quite good, dip'n'flip in Degnar 2 was not. Feel bad for the Capri driver that got into my crippled car obstructing the track.

miagi
27-08-2015, 16:57
Nice sum up falcon.

Worked my way back to get close to Miagi at around lap 27 as he was pitted and I would have passed him ...
Pitted? Haemm? I wasn't in the pits and I wasn't planing to pit :P

falcon2081
27-08-2015, 17:21
Nice sum up falcon.

Pitted? Haemm? I wasn't in the pits and I wasn't planing to pit :P

Odd. I remember your "red" dot being inside the pits. Could be a bug...

falcon2081
27-08-2015, 17:35
Dubai in the evening... seems like fun idea :)

As for the race yesterday; just before the ball started rolling I though that I am fatally out of pace and my only conciliation was presence of bunch Clios :)
It turned out to be not as bad as I though as I could keep my boat from hitting things and tire wear wasn't too bad.
Cut track penalties on this track are real pain in the bottom, not only you loose time because you run wide but game is stuffing you with slow down as well.
Just the end wasn't too exciting, as catching up Potonebert was quite good, dip'n'flip in Degnar 2 was not. Feel bad for the Capri driver that got into my crippled car obstructing the track.

Great video Marek. Jesus, how me and Miagi took off at the beginning of the race was insane. Couple corners and we were gone.

Iceman07
27-08-2015, 17:56
I had a good race, was on p3 with the clio, but then the dip'n'flip happened in lap 15 and I had to go back to the pits with only three wheels.
When I came out of pits I was nearly a lap behind the rest of the field. I raced on until the second dip'n'flip happened in lap 29.
I lost a wheel again, so I decided to retire to the pits for the last few minutes.

Thats my car after the bug :p

XiondrapoS
27-08-2015, 18:46
Stupid work :(
I had to take a shift for a coworker last minute and had to miss the race, and I wont be able to make it on Sunday either. I'm itching for some racing so hopefully I'll be able to make next Wednesday.

Timmynator
27-08-2015, 19:49
Sorry I couldn't make it guys, some short-notice family related business came up. Hope I can make Sunday, no promises yet.

And fingers crossed the MCE schedule gets extended, I'd like to have taken part in more than one of these races ;)

quelus
27-08-2015, 22:21
The race was shit for me.

I'll also miss the Dubai cuz of business trip.
You guys have fun and I'll catch ya on next one!

t0daY
27-08-2015, 23:10
Sorry I couldn't make it guys, some short-notice family related business came up. Hope I can make Sunday, no promises yet.

And fingers crossed the MCE schedule gets extended, I'd like to have taken part in more than one of these races ;)

*hust* http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1100274&viewfull=1#post1100274 *hust* :D :D :D :D

See ya on next wednesday :p :p

Giovtec
27-08-2015, 23:12
Oh well, back to work :dejection: and because a work area adjustment i will be able to join Sundays races only, maybe and just a maybe i can make it on Thursdays or Fridays sessions :confused:, but not so sure.

The highs and lows of being a freelancer :cool:

Have fun racing everyone and see you on Sunday!

Timmynator
28-08-2015, 21:15
*hust* http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36723-TGC-MCE-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-MultiClass-Experience&p=1100274&viewfull=1#post1100274 *hust* :D :D :D :D

See ya on next wednesday :p :p

Yeah, yeah, saw that right after I posted ;)

ironik
01-09-2015, 09:24
Hey guys !
I won't be here this wednesday and probably won't be until the 23th.

Have fun guys ! ;)

Zsolt Benczedi
01-09-2015, 12:25
I'll have to skip wednesday's race as well. Have fun see ya next time

Timmynator
01-09-2015, 19:43
Anyone feel like sharing lap times? I'm running anywhere around 2:11 in the Merc DTM in Group A...

MelBonkers
01-09-2015, 20:22
Guys, I won't be online tomorrow evening. It's my wife's birthday......and I don't want to die ;-)

Timmynator
01-09-2015, 21:10
Why don't you make her present some front row seats to a multi-class race in a faraway land? ;) We have culture and everything! :D

Tricky
02-09-2015, 07:06
Could we have a Charlie2 head count for tonight?
(Ziggy UK, Stevie_F, Checamon, Tricky, Neil Bateman, thedoctor46, Love Story, alex_salmon281, Keithb23, madmuffin12341)

Perhaps if we are low again we could just merge into other groups?

Neil Bateman
02-09-2015, 07:31
Not sure i can make it, depends on if i can leave work before 7 and even then its a mad rush to get back and set up.

Will do my best.

Nevil Wigbels
02-09-2015, 07:33
Add me to the list of dropouts :sorrow: (Charlie1), because of a BBQ tonight :very_drunk: :fat:

AlexOki
02-09-2015, 08:17
Count me in for tonight I will be there even though my front left on the BMW E30 is running hot and degrading at a rate worse than the Audi in Sundays Race. Not sure how to combat this or how to work around it

Iceman07
02-09-2015, 09:59
I'll join tonight in the Mercedes Group A. Already did some test laps in Time Trial mode with a 2:08:0..

TwistedNav
02-09-2015, 10:42
I'm out tonight too, I'm afraid (Charlie 1) - work do. Have a good race everyone.

t0daY
02-09-2015, 10:52
Could we have a Charlie2 head count for tonight?
(Ziggy UK, Stevie_F, Checamon, Tricky, Neil Bateman, thedoctor46, Love Story, alex_salmon281, Keithb23, madmuffin12341)

Perhaps if we are low again we could just merge into other groups?

Everybody should stay in his normal group. But many people quitted out for todays race, so we could maybe merge both lobbies to one big one. Lets see how many people will show up this evening :)

miagi
02-09-2015, 10:57
I hope falcon will be in tonight an can give me a good race :>

Tricky
02-09-2015, 11:03
Everybody should stay in his normal group. But many people quitted out for todays race, so we could maybe merge both lobbies to one big one. Lets see how many people will show up this evening :)

Will be hoping for one big lobby then, as if you won't considered group merging options then I probably won't race.

t0daY
02-09-2015, 11:08
Will be hoping for one big lobby then, as if you won't considered group merging options then I probably won't race.

Sorry to hear that... Group merging making for me no sense because it would destroy the aspect of 3 different cars in our MultiClass Experience... Anyway we got a calendar with which group will run which car on which track. If we are merging the groups this will mix things up and that is nothing what I want personally.

Pamellaaa
02-09-2015, 11:15
It would also potentially cause problems for people who have practiced their particular car, hopefully we will either have a nice turnout for both lobbies or 30-32 drivers giving us a full grid :)

x ImJakeyy
02-09-2015, 11:44
Hopefully will just be one big 30 car lobby, we need these 60 car servers active soon :p

miagi
02-09-2015, 12:08
group merging? The purpose of this events is multi class, please don't forget that.

NemethR
02-09-2015, 12:09
I'm Game :)

Tricky
02-09-2015, 12:18
group merging? The purpose of this events is multi class, please don't forget that.

Makes more sense than running a group with only 3 cars again, but clearly I'm in the minority.

Giovtec
02-09-2015, 12:27
Makes more sense than running a group with only 3 cars again, but clearly I'm in the minority.

I can understand that part as the last time in the lobby 2 we finished the race with no grp 5 Cars, the only good thing that can happen is to have the exactly amount of drivers for one lobby or separate the 2 lobbies and try to even the groups for each lobby.

Neil Bateman
02-09-2015, 13:28

I understand this but you also want to race with others in your class, with only a couple of cars in one class nobody particularly wants to drive round just for the sake of it, if there is no one to race with and there are no other options why would you want to turn up at all.

STINGER_LP
02-09-2015, 13:37
I'm up for anything that is in plans for tonight, if it's not the Clio race :D What is it, btw?

x ImJakeyy
02-09-2015, 13:45
I'm up for anything that is in plans for tonight, if it's not the Clio race :D What is it, btw?

It will be the Dubai GP MCE race, just unsure yet if we will be running 1 or 2 lobbies, all depends on numbers that turn up to race.

STINGER_LP
02-09-2015, 14:48
It will be the Dubai GP MCE race, just unsure yet if we will be running 1 or 2 lobbies, all depends on numbers that turn up to race.
Alright, thanks, and which team in which class?

TEAM ALPHA Gr.5
TEAM BRAVO Gr.A
TEAM CHARLIE Clio

?

x ImJakeyy
02-09-2015, 14:56
Alright, thanks, and which team in which class?

?

I don't get what you mean which team in which class?

Lobby 1 & 2 will just merge if the numbers are around 30 in total.

Everyone will stick to their assigned class

STINGER_LP
02-09-2015, 15:10
Everyone will stick to their assigned class
Well, what class? This is what I want to know (since we rotate class assignments between groups) - cars from which class (Gr.5, Gr.A, Clio) members of each driver group (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie) should be driving tonight?
I don't know how else I should explain my question.

Alex Hobbs
02-09-2015, 15:13

Hello Gentlemen,

we hope you’ll enjoy our fourth race as we are going to Dubai GP.

Team Alpha: Gr. 5
Team Bravo: Gr. A
Team Charlie: Renault Clio

Date: 2nd September 2015

Race: 1+32 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)
Ingame Time: 17:00
Time progression: 5x
Weather Forecast: A clear evening and night is anticipated with good visibility expected throughout

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation after Turn 14.

Greetings,

The race post will always include the class assignments

falcon2081
02-09-2015, 15:18
Stinger you were in the group 5's last time which means you will now be in the Group A's for this race.

falcon2081
02-09-2015, 15:19

Wow I'm so honored you would consider me like that lol. Of course I'll be there to race ya.

t0daY
02-09-2015, 15:33

Wow I'm so honored you would consider me like that lol. Of course I'll be there to race ya.

Guys... take a hotel room... :D :D :D :D

falcon2081
02-09-2015, 15:45

You're just jealous lol ;)

Yeratel84
02-09-2015, 15:49
Well, what class? This is what I want to know (since we rotate class assignments between groups) - cars from which class (Gr.5, Gr.A, Clio) members of each driver group (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie) should be driving tonight?
I don't know how else I should explain my question.

Stinger you were in the group 5's last time which means you will now be in the Group A's for this race.

Stinger, you'll actually be racing the Clio tonight, given you're in team Charlie...

SillySausage
02-09-2015, 15:52
I'll be there tonight in the Group A Merc! :)

t0daY
02-09-2015, 15:59

And I thought this between us is something special!!! :( :(

STINGER_LP
02-09-2015, 16:06
The race post will always include the class assignments

Stinger, you'll actually be racing the Clio tonight, given you're in team Charlie...
Just like I thought, thank you guys, I've searched through a few pages earlier, don't know how I missed that.

Damn, that Clios again... :D I have won the Clio championship in Career mode (2 times, I guess), I've raced a bunch of races in this "car" with you guys, but still, I don't know, the last Clio race finally proved to me that I actually hate that "little bug" with all my heart! :D:D:D OK, more suffer tonight :D

t0daY
02-09-2015, 16:19
Just like I thought, thank you guys, I've searched through a few pages earlier, don't know how I missed that.

Damn, that Clios again... :D I have won the Clio championship in Career mode (2 times, I guess), I've raced a bunch of races in this "car" with you guys, but still, I don't know, the last Clio race finally proved to me that I actually hate that "little bug" with all my heart! :D:D:D OK, more suffer tonight :D

go to the 3rd post of this thread... there is a "Click here" button which leads you to the right post :)

cluck
02-09-2015, 16:37
I'll be driving tonight, although I'm only just about to start my first lap in the Capri at this track. I suspect the word 'competitive' will be removed from my dictionary for this evening :D.

miagi
02-09-2015, 17:44

You're just jealous lol ;)

Yep, pure jealousy :>

PS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDTzxC6dfdc

Tricky
02-09-2015, 19:07
Live stream up : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYzrFm1gbZ8

Giovtec
02-09-2015, 19:30
Live stream up : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYzrFm1gbZ8

live stream is offline. :<

Timmynator
02-09-2015, 19:30
Darn it, missed it again. I really need to get a real-life-interferometer...

spides
02-09-2015, 20:20
Well I showed up after a long time, enjoyed it until my Grp A BMW hit an invisible wall while exiting the corner right before the mid track straight. I was rather disappointed since all I wanted to do was finish the race and it was looking good until that incident. I'm rather disappointed also that the game still has these problems after 2 major patches.

I retired to pits and forgot I could marshall, apologies for that guys, not sure if I read it when I read the rules and it slipped my mind or just didn't know.For next time I guess.

Tricky
02-09-2015, 20:44
live stream is offline. :<

Weird, it randomly stopped, sorry. Will upload my video tomorrow probably.

EDIT: Actually it looks like the stream stopped the moment I started my ShadowPlay recording, that wasn't an issue last time.

Tricky
02-09-2015, 20:55
Oh the irony of spending most of the race on my own having complained about the number of people to race with. :o

miagi
02-09-2015, 20:57
Results Emirates GP Round 2 Race 1:

Congratulations to falcon, very good performance! Recording coming up soon.

Iceman07
02-09-2015, 20:57
Well, what a race :p

I think I just had my first Pole Position ever after Quali, where I just got faster and faster.

The race started not that good. I when back the field after the start, but could catch up to the first of Group A cars soon. We had good an close fights at the front, until I lost my car the first time :(.
I fell back again, and didn't get on with the car anymore. Mabey my tires got too cold. After some more spins and some fast laps between I had a light version of the dip'n'flip in lap 24, where my car spun on the straight but didn't flip. So I went to the pits and did some fast laps till the end of the race.

Thanks guys for the fun and see you next time ;)

Pamellaaa
02-09-2015, 21:00
Results:

Congratulations to falcon, very good performance! Recording coming up soon.

Will Fly actually beat by over a second, he got the third in class after a very close race!

Alex Hobbs
02-09-2015, 21:10
This about sums my race up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFue3I27GFg&feature=youtu.be

cluck
02-09-2015, 21:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFue3I27GFg&feature=youtu.beWas that a factory-fit option?:p

I had a great race. Started 2nd, went straight into 1st and held that for a few laps. Then I think I ran slightly wide at the last corner and got a 5s "cut track" penalty, which allowed falcon and miagi through. I quickly hunted them down and passed them again. All seemed right with the world....until I spun. Straight into a wall :rolleyes: . I kept going but I was now losing time each lap to those 2 guys and not getting anything like full power. Combined with my tyres starting to go off, I came into the pits around lap 17 or 18. I thought I'd selected to have 30L of fuel added. For some reason I got nearer 60L, which seemed to take an age to go in. By the time I left the pits I was down to 8th position. I pulled up my boot-straps and hit the loud pedal, slowly working my way back through the pack. I was about 39s behind 3rd place when he retired, gifting me the podium.

I'm going to watch the replay back because I had the briefest of battles with Jake that culminated in us both passing slower Clios, with me then taking the outside of the corner that leads onto the long back straight, whilst Jake was on the left. It felt absolutely epic at the time.

My apologies for a few lacks of call-outs, I have a switch on my headset for the mic and I tend to switch it off when I'm not talking (I'm really not sure how sensitive the 'voice detect' is in TeamSpeak). In the heat of a battle, it is easy for me to forget to switch it on before talking, so I often find myself talking to, er, myself. I will leave the mic enabled for the next race and will rely on TeamSpeak's voice detection and, as such, I would be grateful if people could let me know if that causes a problem :).

Also, to clarify, my Zakspeed Capri setup consisted of stock settings other than :-

Radiator : 25
Brake Duct : 25
Wastegate : 2.7

It was quite a bit of fun to drive :D. I had driven just 5 laps earlier this evening before I joined the qualifying session, in daytime free practice, so I really had no idea how that setup was going to pan out. I also had no idea whether the tyres and/or a full fuel tank would get me to the end of the race without a pit-stop. All in all, I don't think I did too badly considering :).

mcarver2000
02-09-2015, 21:32
I would say you should consider taking up ballet! Was that an Arabesque?

mcarver2000
02-09-2015, 21:39
My apologies, for my small-rant in TS during the race. However, the driver in question had demonstrated they were running wide off track and were not in control of their car. I did not at the time, nor do I, after reviewing the replay, feel that they were in control when contact was made. Again, I will try to be more discrete with my comments during the race.

http://youtu.be/2Qm1ALdTHAU

x ImJakeyy
02-09-2015, 21:59
Sorry to Will for the small contact in turn 5-6, I suppose I was hot headed after losing a load of my positions because I had to tab out of the game to change to Push to Talk.

I thought their was enough room for me to pass before the turn.

Had a good battle with Cluck for a few seconds haha, he just had way more pace than me though, I think Pam ran wide at turn 6, I went to give room for Pam to come back on and Cluck was right there next to me, so again sorry about that tap.

falcon2081
02-09-2015, 22:10
My apologies, for my small-rant in TS during the race. However, the driver in question had demonstrated they were running wide off track and were not in control of their car. I did not at the time, nor do I, after reviewing the replay, feel that they were in control when contact was made. Again, I will try to be more discrete with my comments during the race.

He may have been out of control except that you went a little wide mid-corner and that caused you to hit him.

falcon2081
02-09-2015, 22:11
Wastegate : 2.7

Well that explains everything lol....

NemethR
02-09-2015, 22:46

I think, he just did not see you.
He was on the side of the track, and was concerned to get back.
In onboard view, he would not have seen you, I am pretty sure.

NemethR
02-09-2015, 22:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFue3I27GFg&feature=youtu.be

Come on, Alex...

First a Hybrid Clio, then an AWD Clio, and now a flying BMW...
What is next, a Delorean?! :D

miagi
02-09-2015, 23:04
http://youtu.be/jQ71bekhDXw

4:30 - Clucks penalty
7:20 - Cluck overtakes me and falcon makes a mistake
13:03 - Clio stepping out
17:15 - Bye Cluck :P
18:28 - Lapping Hobbs and improving in S3, perfect lapping
23:05 - Lapping to Gr. A
25:39 - Crowded track
35:30 - falcon on the right
38:47 - Braking late for the lapping, went better than expected
39:36 - overtaking falcon back
40:29 - falcon going for the inside
47:40 - That was close :D
54:47 - Probably my biggest driving error in the race, nearly spun
56:13 - Closer than expected :X
57:41 - Lapping and suddenly Photonenbert
1:00.10 - falcon nearly spun and lapping
1:02:48 - Last lap, I go for it
1:03:45 - Fighting for the first place overall, while a Gr. A and Gr. 5 are busy with each other
1:03:50 - And they even touch as the Capri steers into the 190E
1:04:10 - I feel too confident and falcon takes his chance

Nice race overall, had a lot of fun!!!

miagi
03-09-2015, 00:00

I don't think you can judge if someone is in control by what you saw there. Yes he made a mistake as you caught up to him, but that can happen to anyone. At 0:35 in that recording he maybe runs wide to make sure you have enough space on the inside, so maybe not a out of control case either.
However then in the left turn where you touch, I have a different opinion about it. Not sure if he saw you or not, but anyway he leaves you enough space on the inside to life, while you can't hold your line, run wide and cross his line.

mcarver2000
03-09-2015, 00:32
Sorry, but I had followed them for several laps, and they certainly were not in control of their car. I feel that if one knows they aren't capable of controlling their car, one should not attempt to race in close quarters. Get control back and then attack. But then I'm a Gentleman racer. Our rules are that you stay within the track boundaries. If one isn't following this rule, they are not in control of their car and shouldn't be in attack (or recovery) mode. But it would appear that I'm wrong in this assumption.

mcarver2000
03-09-2015, 00:39
Yes, I didn't hug the curb. I didn't want to hit it and bounce out in to them. I was however in the racing groove and wanted to get away from them based on my observations of their car control laps before. I had already held back as I was worried about the erratic car control.

However then in the left turn where you touch, I have a different opinion about it. Not sure if he saw you or not, but anyway he leaves you enough space on the inside to life, while you can't hold your line, run wide and cross his line.