PDA

View Full Version : [TGC-MCE] The Gentlemen's Club - MultiClass Experience

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Yeratel84
03-09-2015, 01:15
Incredibly entertaining race for me... had a solid podium locked until lap 32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utc1jMAFAGM

And here I was thinking I was somehow immune to the whole D&F ordeal...

falcon2081
03-09-2015, 01:40
Incredibly entertaining race for me... had a solid podium locked until lap 32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utc1jMAFAGM

And here I was thinking I was somehow immune to the whole D&F ordeal...

I'm sorry this ruined your race. We've all been there...but holy shit was that hilarious. Dip&Flip's sure are funny.

t0daY
03-09-2015, 15:12
*Reserved*

Didnt expect that comment from you... falcon, falcon... :D :D :D

Will Fly
03-09-2015, 16:37
Sorry to Will for the small contact in turn 5-6, I suppose I was hot headed after losing a load of my positions because I had to tab out of the game to change to Push to Talk.

no problem Jakeyy
sorry also in the heat of the moment my mouths not connected to my brain
been trying to control it since i was 17, but also people need to understand when lapping to have some consideration for other drivers
as they are in a race as well and its just as important to them as to the drivers lapping.

and yes t0day i will try tomorrow and the day after.

t0daY
03-09-2015, 16:45
no problem Jakeyy
sorry also in the heat of the moment my mouths not connected to my brain
been trying to control it since i was 17, but also people need to understand when lapping to have some consideration for other drivers
as they are in a race as well and its just as important to them as to the drivers lapping.

and yes t0day i will try tomorrow and the day after.

and the day after tomorrow please :p

*edit* The new "Advanced Training Session" short ATS is not only for the new start procedure. Also we can improve their the racecraft of everybody and the awareness on track :)

So see ya all tonight :)

falcon2081
03-09-2015, 16:55
Race video is finally up. I forgot to turn on shadow play before the race so I had to use the replay file :dejection: but thanks to Miagi I used his video as a second perspective which I think adds to the intense battle we had for 33 laps! I think the logo pic looks pretty menacing too.:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVSneesfxvk

falcon2081
03-09-2015, 16:58
Didnt expect that comment from you... falcon, falcon... :D :D :D

What comment? There's nothing there lol. Actually I was going to post my video right underneath miagi's but too much time has passed.

t0daY
03-09-2015, 17:03
What comment? There's nothing there lol. Actually I was going to post my video right underneath miagi's but too much time has passed.

that was the joke xDD anyway, really nice idea to add miagis view... looks rlly amazing... Also interesting that in your screen the suns rising again earlier than for miagi

Will Fly
03-09-2015, 17:11
why were there cars standing on start finish towards the end of the race?
don't remember seeing them.

falcon2081
03-09-2015, 17:16
that was the joke xDD anyway, really nice idea to add miagis view... looks rlly amazing... Also interesting that in your screen the suns rising again earlier than for miagi

why were there cars standing on start finish towards the end of the race?
don't remember seeing them.

My point of view is from the saved replay which we all know is broken. So those standing cars in the replay were actually in the race but not showing in the replay for some reason. Let's hope SMS fixes this because its annoying to all hell. Same thing with showing different liveries and the wrong cars. As for the sun rising earlier that must be a replay issue too. Maybe its not syncing correctly with the server. Lots of work to do on those replays.

t0day glad you liked the second perspective. You have no idea how time consuming it was to match both videos correctly lol. I pretty much got it down to the frame.

t0daY
03-09-2015, 18:00
My point of view is from the saved replay which we all know is broken. So those standing cars in the replay were actually in the race but not showing in the replay for some reason. Let's hope SMS fixes this because its annoying to all hell. Same thing with showing different liveries and the wrong cars. As for the sun rising earlier that must be a replay issue too. Maybe its not syncing correctly with the server. Lots of work to do on those replays.

t0day glad you liked the second perspective. You have no idea how time consuming it was to match both videos correctly lol. I pretty much got it down to the frame.

I have got a good idea because I did the same thing with my videos. Top left corner the TV cam with replay and the mainscreen my point of view with shadowplay :p :p Looking forward to more videos of you, maybe I find the pleasure to take place in it :)

t0daY
03-09-2015, 18:18

Hello Gentlemen,

We hope you’ll enjoy our fifth race as we are going to Brno.

Team Alpha: Renault Clio
Team Bravo: Gr. 5
Team Charlie: Gr. A

Date: 9th September 2015
Practice Start: 18:30 UTC
Qualifying Start: 18:45 UTC
Race Start: 19:00 UTC

Race: 1+31 laps (Rolling Start with Formation Lap)
Ingame Time: 14:00
Time progression: 1x
Weather Forecast: Practice and qualifying are expected to be rain affected, the early stages of the race may be dry but visibility will be
limited and rain is expected to affect the later stages of the race with the conditions deteriorating as time moves on
Weather progression: 2x

Driving Aids: Real

The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. We are going to make the 2x2 formation after Turn 13.

Greetings,

ZiggyUK & Hobbs & Pamellaaa & Photonenbert & FlyingKman & t0daY

falcon2081
03-09-2015, 18:20
Ugh Brno...Hate this track with a passion. No BMW for me I guess as the Merc will outclass it in this track surely.

Yeratel84
03-09-2015, 18:34
Rain! :D Too bad I'll be driving a Clio...

Tricky
03-09-2015, 20:28
On the topic of arguments about incidences during the race, can I add that outbursts of swearing to tell people to be quiet are not helpful either. Not only is it embarrassing to hear back in my race video, but it could also make the situation worse if a frustrated person gets abuse rather than a calm response.

Anyway, on to my video for last night;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXNrYJIcR-A

0:20 About a week later I get the throttle on and drop to 3rd
2:10 Alex goes a bit hot into the corner and I get past
3:12 Go up the inside of Pamellaa for 1st in class
5:00 Fastest lap of the race on lap 4 (2:17.2)
41:30 Pit
55:55 Things get a bit close Miagi lapping and we touch. The normal line for the Clio is tight, and the normal line for the Grp5 is wide so the whole few corners were awkward.
56:55 Crash with SillySausage, not sure what happened... think he rejoined and put his car on my outside but that's a closing space with the understeery Clio.
58:40 Wow hellva rejoin in front
1:04.02 My biggest moment of the race on the last lap! Car went unstable at the rear before I was off the throttle. Clearly the kerb played a part but my line wasn't much different to any other lap.
Fin

t0daY
03-09-2015, 20:56
On the topic of arguments about incidences during the race, can I add that outbursts of swearing to tell people to be quiet are not helpful either. Not only is it embarrassing to hear back in my race video, but it could also make the situation worse if a frustrated person gets abuse rather than a calm response.

Anyway, on to my video for last night;

0:20 About a week later I get the throttle on and drop to 3rd
2:10 Alex goes a bit hot into the corner and I get past
3:12 Go up the inside of Pamellaa for 1st in class
5:00 Fastest lap of the race on lap 4 (2:17.2)
41:30 Pit
55:55 Things get a big close Miagi lapping and we touch. The normal line for the Clio is tight, and the normal line for the Grp5 is wide so the whole few corners were awkward.
56:55 Crash with SillySausage, not sure what happened... think he rejoined and put his car on my outside but that's a closing space with the understeery Clio.
58:40 Wow hellva rejoin in front
1:04.02 My biggest moment of the race on the last lap! Car went unstable at the rear before I was off the throttle. Clearly the kerb played a part but my line wasn't much different to any other lap.
Fin

To be honest, they shouldnt discuss on first place. There are 26 people driving and if 2 people want to argue about one incident its disturbing 24 other people. That some of the other 24 people gettin upset about it and talking in a rude way is understandable but beeing in a way rude to the 2 discussion people isnt the right way either... So I kinda agree and disagree at the same time^^

Tricky
03-09-2015, 21:31
To be honest, they shouldnt discuss on first place. There are 26 people driving and if 2 people want to argue about one incident its disturbing 24 other people. That some of the other 24 people gettin upset about it and talking in a rude way is understandable but beeing in a way rude to the 2 discussion people isnt the right way either... So I kinda agree and disagree at the same time^^

That might have been lost in translation, I was only commenting on the people telling them to shut up.

t0daY
03-09-2015, 21:37
That might have been lost in translation, I was only commenting on the people telling them to shut up.

okay^^ wanted only to say that it is in a way understandable because we are mention it every race to take the discussions after the race. But still I agree its not okay to react in this rude way to discussing people. Its late and I am tired, sorry for misreading :/

miagi
03-09-2015, 21:41
55:55 Things get a big close Miagi lapping and we touch. The normal line for the Clio is tight, and the normal line for the Grp5 is wide so the whole few corners were awkward.

Sorry for the contact, I wished you left me bit more room on the inside of the left turn before, that was tight. Then I thought I'm further ahead on you and pulled in, sorry.

Pamellaaa
03-09-2015, 21:59

I agree, someone saying "shut the F%&? up" or similar after a few words from others about an incident looks bad and shouldn't be tolerated, it reflects poorly on the race and is simply unnecessary, with that in mind we still need to reduce the chatter during a race to simple information or apologies, Sorry XXX or, XXX Lapping/Passing Left/Right/Inside/Outside whatever is fine, long drawn out discussions aren't and there are really no reasons for anything other than the previously mentioned, if there is an incident you wish to review later either make a mental note or at most say "Driver X & Driver Y, Incident on Lap Z (sector/corner J) needs looking at" and then leave it, there will be enough replays or videos later to piece it together.

We are all guilty of it, I will hold my hands up to say that I have done this too but we need to practice this now and get it right in preparation for leagues where this sort of thing simply will not be tolerated, it will become a lot easier when everyone is doing it.

Gopher04
04-09-2015, 06:13

Totally agree Tricky, these sort of out burst show no respect for anyone on track & and are very embarrassing, but it doesn't just happen during the racing, I have sat on TS and heard the same sort of behavior, and what bothers me more on both situations I have listened too, they have come from the Admin and above, which is very disappointing.

Tricky
04-09-2015, 07:39
Sorry for the contact, I wished you left me bit more room on the inside of the left turn before, that was tight. Then I thought I'm further ahead on you and pulled in, sorry.

In hindsight if I had known you were going to be that close I would have gone tighter and given you the outside and neither of us would have lost much time.

t0daY
04-09-2015, 10:28
Totally agree Tricky, these sort of out burst show no respect for anyone on track & and are very embarrassing, but it doesn't just happen during the racing, I have sat on TS and heard the same sort of behavior, and what bothers me more on both situations I have listened too, they have come from the Admin and above, which is very disappointing.

I think there is a difference between behaviour on a race and your behaviour just relaxing in the teamspeak and playing also maybe another game. Kman and me for example calling us all night long "Arschgeige" which is a joke with the german language (wont translate it here in english :D) Of course there should be a more serious and concentrated attitude while our races/leagues.

And if you are disappointed why not come directly to us and talk with us about it and your problem, instead of just writing it here down in the forums? Everybody can come to us and tell us his concerns and we can try to work it out.

Iceman07
04-09-2015, 13:52
Date: 9th August 2015

Just wanted to mention a small mistake with the date. It should say 9th September in the text not August.

XiondrapoS
04-09-2015, 14:13
Was that "Shut up" of me really that big of a deal? I apologize should I have offended someone, but honestly I had no idea it would be taken as such a rude or disrespectful comment, while I admit it was not exactly polite. In general there are a lot of things about the British language I don't quite seem to get. Even if I thought of myself as a rather decent at speaking English there are still so many small things that are absolutely impossible to be picked up without having someone explain them, which of course no native speaker would ever think to do because it's the most natural, easily understood thing in the world to them. I am absolutely certain it's like this when I'm talking to a non German native speaker as well, it's just the nature of the beast.

I'm just asking you native English people to cut us, without a higher education in English, some slack because most of the time we accidentally insult you with our uncivilized words we don't even realize we have done so. I really think sometimes it's easy to forget that not everyone is as adept in the language we're using to talk to each other as you who grew up using it.

AlexOki
04-09-2015, 14:29
Regarding the talk while racing, well I take no offence to the odd chirp or incident, Wednesday was a bit over done and it was actually distracting. Even the people asking them to be quite was also but this is life on the normal level and can be expected. I was in a league a few years ago and even then this happened on the odd occasion. The beauty of that league was we always had a race director overseeing everything. He very seldom raced and was the judge jury and executioner. If there was an incident then he would review it on the fly and would decide what needed to be done. Although PCars does deal out more than its fair share of penalty's RFactor that we used then did not. It would be nice to have such a person overseeing the races we do but to me not necessary if everyone raced to our name TGC. I am not complaining and if I were I would not be in this club. Some incidents happen and can cause problems for some while not for other people. We are still in a learning curve regarding league racing so until we learn each others quirks while racing these things are still going to happen. Even when we are in league racing this will happen in the heat of the moment. It is how we deal with those issues is what is going to separate us from just league racing or being the league everyone wants to be in. I hope I have not offended anyone as this was not my intention.

Gopher04
04-09-2015, 15:37
I think there is a difference between behaviour on a race and your behaviour just relaxing in the teamspeak and playing also maybe another game. Kman and me for example calling us all night long "Arschgeige" which is a joke with the german language (wont translate it here in english :D) Of course there should be a more serious and concentrated attitude while our races/leagues.

And if you are disappointed why not come directly to us and talk with us about it and your problem, instead of just writing it here down in the forums? Everybody can come to us and tell us his concerns and we can try to work it out.

Actually t0day my concerns have already been noted in the relevant places, but hopefully it might of been a one off, but trust me when I say the comments were not jokes..

But as for the racing side screaming like a banshee at people should never happen, and should never have the need to happen in the first place, especially when we all know vids are being made which is also helping promote TGC.

t0daY
04-09-2015, 16:06
Actually t0day my concerns have already been noted in the relevant places, but hopefully it might of been a one off, but trust me when I say the comments were not jokes..

But as for the racing side screaming like a banshee at people should never happen, and should never have the need to happen in the first place, especially when we all know vids are being made which is also helping promote TGC.

Why are we (Kman, photo and me) no "relevant place" for you? We are organizing the GEN and the MCE section and if anything is happening, you have any concerns, suggestions or want to help in any form you should come directly to us on first place. Of course Ziggy is another place you can go to but its landing again to us so I can not understand that...

Maybe you are meaning it another way and I just misunderstand it *Language Barrier :O*

t0daY
04-09-2015, 16:18
Just wanted to mention a small mistake with the date. It should say 9th September in the text not August.

It was a test. You passed it! ;) :D :D

Gopher04
04-09-2015, 16:25
Why are we (Kman, photo and me) no "relevant place" for you?

Who said you weren't? not me, your making assumption to where I went, I just answered the question from you earlier that's all..end off now..;)

Tricky
04-09-2015, 16:48
Was that "Shut up" of me really that big of a deal? I apologize should I have offended someone, but honestly I had no idea it would be taken as such a rude or disrespectful comment, while I admit it was not exactly polite. In general there are a lot of things about the British language I don't quite seem to get. Even if I thought of myself as a rather decent at speaking English there are still so many small things that are absolutely impossible to be picked up without having someone explain them, which of course no native speaker would ever think to do because it's the most natural, easily understood thing in the world to them. I am absolutely certain it's like this when I'm talking to a non German native speaker as well, it's just the nature of the beast.

I'm just asking you native English people to cut us, without a higher education in English, some slack because most of the time we accidentally insult you with our uncivilized words we don't even realize we have done so. I really think sometimes it's easy to forget that not everyone is as adept in the language we're using to talk to each other as you who grew up using it.

Don't worry about it Xion, it's not that bigger deal and I wasn't looking to pick on individuals. I didn't even know who it was, or whether English was their first language or not. It was just if concerns were being made about discussing incidents during the race, then *shouting* 'shut up' is just as bad.

Anyone that can speak multiple languages has my respect (I cannot). In terms of the language barrier, if it were a casual environment with people I knew quite well, shouting 'shut the f up' could be seen as amusingly blunt. However we don't all know each other well, and clearly the organisers are trying to make it a focused, respectful environment so it's not so appropriate.

For me nothing else needs to be said, lets more on...

falcon2081
04-09-2015, 17:09
I think this is getting blown out of proportion. Was the comment a bit overboard? Probably but it was corrected on the spot and we had no issues afterwards for the entirety of the race. People will always have outbursts or react in their specific way in a given situation. These things happen and will continue to happen. We just have to make sure to correct them on the spot that's all. Everyone is still learning out there. My only request is that we have to cut the chatter down during the beginning of the race. Those first few laps are pretty important to everyone vying for a position. I personally don't have a issue with it as I generally can tune out what everyone is saying but other people might not be able to do that. The other thing is that if you have an incident we don't need to hear a drawn out story about it. Apologize say your peace and move on. After the race talk with that person. Heck this last race myself and Miagi talked about the entire race for almost 2 hours after we were done racing. We reviewed how we lapped cars, our own incidents and things that we could have done differently in an effort to learn more.

MikeyTT
04-09-2015, 21:06
Seems a timely point in.., well time, to post up my video of the race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPP1egK2ias

Race Highlights:
01:30 - Passing mccarver
03:30 - Incident with t0day dropping me back a few places
05:20 - Underneath mccarver
05:35 - Good exit and pass Hobnob
05:50 - Inside SillySausage as he runs a smidge wide
07:10 - On the back of the leading Grp.A trio
07:55 - Demon late braking move to overtake BumperCarrot (thanks for not turning in on me). t0day - That's how you do it ;)
08:00 - Looks like Iceman ran wide too, so I gain another place
11:15 - Putting the pressure on Mark
12:15 - Looks like Mark had too much right foot and steered off track
26:00 - Not sure what I did there, but after pulling out over a 12 sec lead I dropped it in the last turn. Bit of frantic 18 point turning, so I didn't get in anyone else's way, and back on it with over 30% aero damage and 10% suspension damage :(
45:50 - Nearly lose the back and take miagi out
52:15 - Dip 'n Flip resulting in about 25% suspension damage and more aero damage
52:40 - Pit to repair damage and switch tyres (which weren't that bad; 25% wear after 25 laps
1:00:35 - catch mccarver and BumperCarrot. mccarver has a moment and on fresh tyres I get a great exit and power past BumperCarrot on the straight

I didn't get around to posting the Sakitto race in the Clio so here is that too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGxQyB_Qt34

Marek Haase
04-09-2015, 21:51
What a shame that I might not be able to attend Brno race. Like the track and wet weather will be so much fun but going cycling to Wales next week, hoping to have some fun as well :)

The Dubai race was quite all right up until last laps. My tires got so much temperature by the end that they felt more like made of Haribo than any known tires compound. My mistake was to try to survive last few laps on them instead of pitting straight away, I lost so much time that I lost a lot of positions due to unavoidable pitstop.
BTW pace of front runners was just on the other level than me. Have to think seriously about setups and put some more practice laps in.

The video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIN_vxdTi2c

Bagaz
05-09-2015, 16:57
[QUOTE=MikeyTT;1109885]Seems a timely point in.., well time, to post up my video of the race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPP1egK2ias

Race Highlights:
01:30 - Passing mccarver
03:30 - Incident with t0day dropping me back a few places
05:20 - Underneath mccarver
05:35 - Good exit and pass Hobnob
05:50 - Inside SillySausage as he runs a smidge wide
07:10 - On the back of the leading Grp.A trio
07:55 - Demon late braking move to overtake BumperCarrot (thanks for not turning in on me). t0day - That's how you do it ;)
08:00 - Looks like Iceman ran wide too, so I gain another place
11:15 - Putting the pressure on Mark
12:15 - Looks like Mark had too much right foot and steered off track

Always good to see from another pov. Really need to work on my nervousness when being chased down.

MikeyTT
06-09-2015, 10:33
Always good to see from another pov. Really need to work on my nervousness when being chased down.

I'm sure we all feel a little extra heart beat or two when being chased down. You've just got to think that the one chasing has all the pressure. They want your position, they have to deal with aero understeer, they have to make a clean pass, they want to avoid contact. All you have to do is drive your lines and keep consistent.

It's not that simple in reality, but if you keep in your head that the pressure is on them, it should ease things for you.

MikeyTT
07-09-2015, 13:36
Not a happy bunny here. I've just had a week off and found I now have to be in St Albans for 8:30 on Thu morning, which means I'll have to stay over and miss the Brno event! :(

If anyone is live streaming, please announce it, and I'll see if the hotel wifi can take it and just watch instead.

Tricky
07-09-2015, 14:05
Not a happy bunny here. I've just had a week off and found I now have to be in St Albans for 8:30 on Thu morning, which means I'll have to stay over and miss the Brno event! :(

If anyone is live streaming, please announce it, and I'll see if the hotel wifi can take it and just watch instead.

Hopefully my stream works this time, last Wednesday it cut out when I started ShadowPlay recording as well. That's worked in the past, so will have to test.

Yeratel84
08-09-2015, 12:49
Pertinent question for us setup illiterates... anyone has any sort of a base wet setup for the Clio?

BumperCarrotNL
08-09-2015, 19:39
did anyone do some laps in the Gr.5 cars?

what times are you reaching in dry and wet?

i am doing 2:04's in dry
and 2:13's in wet

cluck
08-09-2015, 21:46
Just a small tip for the Clio, decrease the front left tyre pressure as that takes a big hit on this circuit. Best I got was a 2m20.8s time in the dry in time trial, but I'm pretty sure the quick guys will be sub 2m20s.

Pamellaaa
08-09-2015, 22:41
Evening guys, a quick note to say that tomorrows race will be the final MCE event in the current run, as of next week we have our first post-release league starting. I would like to invite you all to sign up to join the [TGC-G40] (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38836-Under-Construction-Please-do-not-reply&p=1113280&viewfull=1#post1113280)

See you on track Gents :)

ZiggyUK
08-09-2015, 22:54
[TGC-G40] Ginetta G40 League for PNC & TGC drivers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LKNIQKG5AQ

video by Tricky

or in New Window HD

217713 (http://www.youtube.com/embed/0LKNIQKG5AQ?vq=hd1080)

video by Tricky

MelBonkers
09-09-2015, 06:40
That's fantastic! Although I'm still not sure I will make it this evening (son has got a football tournament till 20:30 and I will go to the dentist today and hopefully that won't have an affect on my function the rest of the day ;-) ) I will definitely sign up for the G40 league. I totally suck in right handside driven cars, but I like a challenge ;-)

MelBonkers
09-09-2015, 06:41
Bumpercarrot, I did a 2m03 something in TT yesterday. Didn't do any practice in the wet.......soooooo....... ;-)

Iceman07
09-09-2015, 13:43
I'm doing 2:04s with full fuel load in dry with the capri and hight 2:14 to low 2:15 in wet with full fuel.

I'm not sure if I can make it tonight, but I hope so and will try to make it in time.

Edit: My car is eating the front tires in wet, maybe I need to stop another time for a new rain tire

Tricky
09-09-2015, 13:48
Are we going to go for one lobby tonight and split if needed? As that seems the most likely scenario and would save t0day/Pam the hassle of merging post-qually.

falcon2081
09-09-2015, 14:23
Are we going to go for one lobby tonight and split if needed? As that seems the most likely scenario and would save t0day/Pam the hassle of merging post-qually.

Most likely. We are doing separate lobbies for prac and quali. Then resetting the lobby and going straight to race. We are using the MCE race to confirm a few theories we have about the replay system.

Pamellaaa
09-09-2015, 14:31

I will unfortunately not be around tonight, I have too much else to do and I have downloads that I need to get done which will cripple my connection anyway, I may be around in TS sporadically but probably not for the whole night.

That said I think your plan makes sense, and as Falcon says things are a little bit different tonight as a couple of theorys will be tested while we have the opportunity with a reasonably full lobby.

Timmynator
09-09-2015, 15:09
Don't think I'll participate either. Been working overtime again lately and I don't think it's the best idea to try and participate as a green driver wrt the car in the rain - I'd most probably spin out and spend my race alone on default setup or end up wrecking someone else's race by not being able to judge my car.

So have fun guys :)

Neil Bateman
09-09-2015, 15:16
Is anyone else having problems changing tyres during the pit stops?

Just been doing some testing and no matter what i do with the strategy it will not change from mediums to wets, according to the hud anyway, started in dry conditions and called for pit as soon as i saw a few drops of rain on window, if it only just started raining does the game let you put wets on, can you put wets on if its not raining or not raining enough?

I have had the wet tyre strategy active and just closed the box on pit entry, i had the default active then view saved, make wet active exit and close box, had default active then view saved, made wet active, opened it and checked settings, saved exited and close box and no wets fitted.

Can someone test this and if it works can you post exactly what you did, hope this does not mess up peoples races.

t0daY
09-09-2015, 15:38

Just been doing some testing and no matter what i do with the strategy it will not change from mediums to wets, according to the hud anyway, started in dry conditions and called for pit as soon as i saw a few drops of rain on window, if it only just started raining does the game let you put wets on, can you put wets on if its not raining or not raining enough?

I have had the wet tyre strategy active and just closed the box on pit entry, i had the default active then view saved, make wet active exit and close box, had default active then view saved, made wet active, opened it and checked settings, saved exited and close box and no wets fitted.

Can someone test this and if it works can you post exactly what you did, hope this does not mess up peoples races.

Yes this bug is known. You get everytime "Automatic by weather" tires instead of ur asked tires. Did some testvideos about it, I will have a look if I can find the thread to it uno momento! :D

*edit* http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38119-3-0-Pits-Bugs&p=1105853&viewfull=1#post1105853 (Post 124 & 125)

Pamellaaa
09-09-2015, 15:41

Do the strategies 100% specify change tyres : Yes (or symetrical or asymetrical or whatever is shows now). I have lost track of how many times I have spent ages choosing the compounds and pressures and then forgotten to check whether or not I actually requested a tyre change.

Edit: Partially ignore the above, Manu has a better answer than me in the post before this one, I will leave this here as its still useful and can be the cause of frustrations.

Neil Bateman
09-09-2015, 16:02
Yes this bug is known. You get everytime "Automatic by weather" tires instead of ur asked tires. Did some testvideos about it, I will have a look if I can find the thread to it uno momento! :D

*edit* http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38119-3-0-Pits-Bugs&p=1105853&viewfull=1#post1105853 (Post 124 & 125)

So you need to ignore what the hud says?

Surely if your tyres are changed even if automatic by weather it should show this on the hud, the hud should always show what tyres are fitted to the car, or is the incorrect hud info a bug.

Going back to the point i made about if there has to be so much rain before the pit crew recognise this, i literally saw spots of rain in the 2nd to last corner and called for pits, maybe that was not enough rain for automatic by weather to work and put wets on, could have been seen as still dry.

t0daY
09-09-2015, 16:15
So you need to ignore what the hud says?

Surely if your tyres are changed even if automatic by weather it should show this on the hud, the hud should always show what tyres are fitted to the car, or is the incorrect hud info a bug.

Going back to the point i made about if there has to be so much rain before the pit crew recognise this, i literally saw spots of rain in the 2nd to last corner and called for pits, maybe that was not enough rain for automatic by weather to work and put wets on, could have been seen as still dry.

No... you wont get the right tire.... If the race has clear conditions you always get the "soft slick"... If it rains you always get the "rain tire"... It is not a HUD bug...

You can ask for any tire you want, even if you would ask for slicks in the rain you will end up with rain tires... It is pretty frustrating -.-'

Neil Bateman
09-09-2015, 16:34
No... you wont get the right tire.... If the race has clear conditions you always get the "soft slick"... If it rains you always get the "rain tire"... It is not a HUD bug...

You can ask for any tire you want, even if you would ask for slicks in the rain you will end up with rain tires... It is pretty frustrating -.-'

I understand this t0day but as i said it started to rain and i pitted, if it was automatic by weather according to your tests regardless of what i asked for i should have had wets fitted but the hud still showed mediums and as it was a struggle to drive after pit stop i thought i must have mediums on, which is what the hud was telling me, so if you are correct and in dry conditions you always get slicks and in wet conditions you always get wets, then either the hud was wrong or i did not get wets.

What a mess!!!!

falcon2081
09-09-2015, 16:36
Hey guys if possible I need 10 people to test a couple of things with the replay system. If you all can log in 30-40min earlier than normal and help me test that would be great. Thanks.

t0daY
09-09-2015, 16:36
I understand this t0day but as i said it started to rain and i pitted, if it was automatic by weather according to your tests regardless of what i asked for i should have had wets fitted but the hud still showed mediums and as it was a struggle to drive after pit stop i thought i must have mediums on, which is what the hud was telling me, so if you are correct and in dry conditions you always get slicks and in wet conditions you always get wets, then either the hud was wrong or i did not get wets.

What a mess!!!!

Maybe it wasnt wet enough for giving you by automatic rain tires? I am not sure... Its just taking you the strategy thing away and yes... Annoying... :( :(

Hey guys if possible I need 10 people to test a couple of things with the replay system. If you all can log in 30-40min earlier than normal and help me test that would be great. Thanks.

I try to be there :) Thanks for your effort! :)

Marek Haase
09-09-2015, 16:43
I managed to earn a nasty cut to my right foot so no cycling in Wales nor racing with you gents tonight. Hopefully my foot will be good enough by next week.

t0daY
09-09-2015, 16:44
I managed to earn a nasty cut to my right foot so no cycling in Wales nor racing with you gents tonight. Hopefully my foot will be good enough by next week.

Sounds not good :( Get well soon!

Timmynator
09-09-2015, 17:09
Got home early today, I'll see if I can hammer out a decent setup and join you guys...

Alex Hobbs
09-09-2015, 17:21
Gonna have to bow out of this one, normally I'm fine racing with no practice time but a group 5 in the wet is a recipe for disaster, not to mention I have other bits that need doing as well. Have fun guys :)

BumperCarrotNL
09-09-2015, 18:01
Gonna have to bow out of this one, normally I'm fine racing with no practice time but a group 5 in the wet is a recipe for disaster, not to mention I have other bits that need doing as well. Have fun guys :)
i thought it was really bad as well.... turns out that it's not really, i even put my wastegate up.... if you're just a bit more careful with the accelerator you're fine :P

Bagaz
09-09-2015, 18:20
I'm out tonight too guys. Nothing to do with group 5 and wet combo. I was actually quite comfortable with this after a few laps of practice.
Hopefully I will be able to commit to the new G40 League soon :)

Giovtec
09-09-2015, 18:24
anyone streaming tonight? :D Tricky?

Tricky
09-09-2015, 18:24
Here is my live stream...

http://youtu.be/zYzrFm1gbZ8

cluck
09-09-2015, 20:21
Sorry, I retired through sheer boredom :(. After 18 utterly joyless laps I called it a day.

Tricky
09-09-2015, 20:23
Here is my live stream...

Unfortunately my game crashed, just after my headphones ran out of battery so might be connected.... urg

Giovtec
09-09-2015, 20:28
Unfortunately my game crashed, just after my headphones ran out of battery so might be connected.... urg

yess, i watched when your game crash on the live stream, bad luck. :(

Iceman07
09-09-2015, 20:52
Race Results

I've had a perfect race, no spinns no problems with the pitstop or lapping. Thanks guys for this not very thrilling but still demanding race ;)

miagi
09-09-2015, 21:34
The game tried to troll me with the wrong preselected pit strat, but I didn't fall for that completely...
But the strat I wanted had trie change set to NO what I know I havn't done... So needed two pit stops :/

http://youtu.be/A050rJaNE-g

DrKabel
09-09-2015, 23:37
I've had a perfect race, no spinns no problems with the pitstop or lapping. Thanks guys for this not very thrilling but still demanding race ;)

I really felt your pressure for the last laps, my concentration was gone and I spun all the time :p

Great race! Brno is an awesome track, especially under these conditions.

See (some of) you guys tomorrow for the ATS training :)

Timmynator
10-09-2015, 09:11
Apart from a cut track and two or three hairy moments, the most eventful part of the race was lapping the other classes. That was a nice challenge in the rain, though.

Had to let DrKabel go from the start, he was at least 1 sec/lap faster than me and Iceman was steadily catching up. I got a 5 sec cut track (which was bull since I slid out the previous corner and that sliding put me off-track inside the apex of the next corner) which allowed Iceman to pass early, something that would've happened sooner or later since he was a tad quicker in the first half of the race, the second half our distance was around a steady 25 seconds.

Good clean racing and passing from what I saw of the other classes and yay, P3 in one of the monster cars :)

Battenberg
10-09-2015, 10:33
My connection to the street's exchange pooed itself last night, sometime during the practice session. Still no internet as of this morning. Hopefully It'll be back working by the time I get home from work.

*Chef excellence tune* :D

Tricky
10-09-2015, 16:10
Here is the video from my stream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRu5Crpf__E

Starts with qually, had some scruffy laps and traffic at the start then near the end I luckily get a clean one in for pole in class.

24:40 - Start of pole lap
56:40 - Start of the race, mess of a start not sure why those in front were so slow away. Give myself minor aero damage.
57:25 - Pass Twisted, then some awkward racing with the Gr5's
1:09:28 - I know Neil is closing in the BMW, and I'm struggling with locking wheels then properly lock up and run wide. Could have been worse but Neil is within a second. Interesting battle follows as Neil is far more confident on the brakes.
1:19:27 - Something happens to Neil in my mirrors, dip'n'flip?
1:22:30 - Spin out of the final chicane, drop to 3rd behind Will and Neil. Checked my telemetry after the race and my tyres never recovered from around this time in the race, constantly slowly cooling over the remaining laps.
1:26:50 - Catch Neil and he goes a bit wide on the next corner so get closer. Unfortunately in the next chicane he then dip'n'flips, only minor damage for me.
1:42.00 - The next laps the gap remains a fairly static 3.5-4s to Will infront, until this moment when he also dip'n'flips
1:46:16 - Catch Twister as a backmarker, not sure what he was doing here going so far off line but not letting me past. I pass on the exit of the chicane but twisted spins and hits me and I start spinning until a Grp 5 rather aggressively straightens me up lol.
Decide to pit and while that is going on I'm in TS muting myself because I know my headset is about to run out of power and that will turn me into an echo machine in TS. Then I leave the pits, interesting right behind Will... then the graphics freeze but you can hear the audio carry on and after a bit of alt-tabbing and trying to get it back I force close pcars.

Iceman07
10-09-2015, 16:27

56:40 - Start of the race, mess of a start not sure why those in front were so slow away. Give myself minor aero damage.

Yeah the start was a bit of a mess, and it was my fault as I braked when the car in front of me didn't accelerate as soon as I did. Sorry guys.

Will Fly
10-09-2015, 16:57
would have been really close Tricky if Twisted didn't hit ya
close for the under cut

Tricky
10-09-2015, 17:33
would have been really close Tricky if Twisted didn't hit ya
close for the under cut

True although I probably wouldn't have pitted if he hadn't, and I guess you wouldn't have it not for the dip'n'flip...:rolleyes:

Neil Bateman
10-09-2015, 21:54

Starts with qually, had some scruffy laps and traffic at the start then near the end I luckily get a clean one in for pole in class.

24:40 - Start of pole lap
57:25 - Pass Twisted, then some awkward racing with the Gr5's
1:09:28 - I know Neil is closing in the BMW, and I'm struggling with locking wheels then properly lock up and run wide. Could have been worse but Neil is within a second. Interesting battle follows as Neil is far more confident on the brakes.
1:19:27 - Something happens to Neil in my mirrors, dip'n'flip?
1:22:30 - Spin out of the final chicane, drop to 3rd behind Will and Neil. Checked my telemetry after the race and my tyres never recovered from around this time in the race, constantly slowly cooling over the remaining laps.
1:26:50 - Catch Neil and he goes a bit wide on the next corner so get closer. Unfortunately in the next chicane he then dip'n'flips, only minor damage for me.
1:42.00 - The next laps the gap remains a fairly static 3.5-4s to Will infront, until this moment when he also dip'n'flips
1:46:16 - Catch Twister as a backmarker, not sure what he was doing here going so far off line but not letting me past. I pass on the exit of the chicane but twisted spins and hits me and I start spinning until a Grp 5 rather aggressively straightens me up lol.
Decide to pit and while that is going on I'm in TS muting myself because I know my headset is about to run out of power and that will turn me into an echo machine in TS. Then I leave the pits, interesting right behind Will... then the graphics freeze but you can hear the audio carry on and after a bit of alt-tabbing and trying to get it back I force close pcars.

Enjoyed the battle tricky, i was good on the brakes but struggled on acceleration a little.

I messed up by trying a no stop race, should have done 1 stop, not sure on the dip n flip as its never happened to me before, i just thought i spun it although it did snap on me really quickly, could use it as an excuse i suppose.

Btw, whoever it was lapping me at the end i am sorry if i got in your way but i did not have trackmap on, could not see you in my mirror, did not hear you say anything and did not see you flash headlights.

TwistedNav
11-09-2015, 08:22
My apologies for messing you up at the end there Tricky. I was having a nightmare race and from what I remember was recovering from an off when you came across me. I must admit to suffering a rage quit moment after that final spin, and am just thankful that my headphones withstood being thrown at the wall.

This was not a good time to quite smoking!