PDA

View Full Version : The best pedal set?

k.merse
08-08-2015, 06:15
I bought a T300RS recently. I thought that the pedals can't be that bad. My previous set was a MOMO Racing and the T30RS pedals must be at least on the same level of quality... But I was wrong, these pedals are horrible. For one, if I try to push either pedal too hard, the whole thing wants to capsize. It's basically useless without a wheelstand. Plus it's much smaller in general and not so comfortable.
It seems that I need a new set of pedals, but which one? I don't want to spend more than $150 on this, preferably less, but I just can't decide which set would be the best choice.

Is the Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO so much better than T3PA for example?
Or a Fanatec Clubsport CSR is better?
Or are there some other pedals I don't even know about and worth buying?

Thanks for your help in advance ;)

J4M35_R
08-08-2015, 06:35
I have the t3pa pro peddles and they are heavy and don't move at all. I have a wooden floor so the stock peddles were driving me nuts.

They are excellent peddles, the brake mod is another reason to upgrade aswell.

Wreckluse68
08-08-2015, 09:06
I use the G27 pedals with the pedal mods from nixim.com and I am very pleased with them for what I paid...you might be able to get some G27 pedals cheap on ebay or whatever now that the G29 is out...cheers

townnet
08-08-2015, 10:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B56KdGiBYZU

chig88
08-08-2015, 12:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B56KdGiBYZU

Haha, love the guy's t-shirt :)

Fight-Test
08-08-2015, 14:13
I have the t3pa pros with a load cell and its amazing. I would just get the t3pa unless u really wanna invert pedals which makes no real difference in driving and save 50 bucks. The load cell is expensive though.

Robhd
08-08-2015, 14:55
How much is a load cell for standard t3pa pedals and where can you get them from?

bomarfield
08-08-2015, 16:16
If not considering modding then I would suggest CSR Elite for this budget. It has load cell for brake pedal.
I've used Momo and G27 pedals too - well they're not good in my opinion. Fanatec CSP v2 are decent (but throttle/brake pedal springs are way too weak for my liking).
Have no experience with Thrustmaster products.

PureMalt77
08-08-2015, 16:23
I got the T3PA and they damaged after 4 weeks. Brake pedal gone, gas pedal huge deadzone. TM fixed it, but in the way for support, return etc. I ended up buying the T3PA-Pro. I find them better, so far no problems after a month. I use them inverted.
T3PA for sale now, which I just got back from TM.

E30_Hntsvl
08-08-2015, 20:11
I've had the best luck with the standard CSR pedals. My CSP set did not even last 13 months. Load cell fell apart, replaced the throttle sensor, now it looks like the main board is dead.

k.merse
12-08-2015, 15:12
It is said that the load cell falls apart very quickly. But Thrustmaster products are scarce as mammoths in Europe :(

Mahjik
12-08-2015, 15:17
I would wait and spend a little more on a pedal set. A good quality pedal set is just as important (if not more) than a qualify wheel. I would highly recommend upping your budget or waiting until you can up the budget for something like:

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3-usa.html

spinkick
12-08-2015, 17:40
HPP Prx on the way. 4--6 month waiting list folks.

AB_Attack
12-08-2015, 21:46
I got the T3PA and they damaged after 4 weeks. Brake pedal gone, gas pedal huge deadzone. TM fixed it, but in the way for support, return etc. I ended up buying the T3PA-Pro. I find them better, so far no problems after a month. I use them inverted.
T3PA for sale now, which I just got back from TM.

Hm, I just returned my T3PA since I belive the throttle was not lubricated enough and during very gradual movement it would get sort of stuck a little and go like ka-ka-ka when pushing or letting go slowly. It was terribly annoying. And this after less than a week. So I'm thinking do I get another one and hope for the best or do I really pay for the pro?

AB_Attack
13-08-2015, 07:48
I also experienced some deadzone on the brake with T3PA that I didn't have with my Logitech DFP pedals, and those are considered "shit" by some. Was that unlucky or do you think there is a quality difference between T3PA and the pro set? As in functionality, not inversion or material.

k.merse
14-08-2015, 16:20
According to my sources of various Internet sites the Pro is basically a T3PA with more quality casing and the possibility to invert the pedals. What really concerns me is the T3PAs base. It just doesn't seem big enough. Does your foot even fit on that small thing? And what is that thing on the base before/under the pedals? Is that some kind of rubber, or is it just a pattern to make it look more fancy? Does that have any grip?

Fight-Test
14-08-2015, 17:02
load cell is from Ricmotech. Its around 180.00 us I think. I have had no issues in the 2 months I have had it and I run from 2 to 6 hours a day on avg. Depends on quality of load cell.

Fight-Test
14-08-2015, 17:09
Hm, I just returned my T3PA since I belive the throttle was not lubricated enough and during very gradual movement it would get sort of stuck a little and go like ka-ka-ka when pushing or letting go slowly. It was terribly annoying. And this after less than a week. So I'm thinking do I get another one and hope for the best or do I really pay for the pro?

My guess would be to open the pedals and see where the brake pedals tab is in the pentometer (spelling?). It could be that its in the last groove and its giving you slack in pedal. Try and google something with it and you should find some post about it.

Fight-Test
14-08-2015, 17:23
According to my sources of various Internet sites the Pro is basically a T3PA with more quality casing and the possibility to invert the pedals. What really concerns me is the T3PAs base. It just doesn't seem big enough. Does your foot even fit on that small thing? And what is that thing on the base before/under the pedals? Is that some kind of rubber, or is it just a pattern to make it look more fancy? Does that have any grip?

These are my pro pedals. Plenty of room. Those are some size 12's I have. I removed the clutch pedal also, can easily be put back in. The brake pedal is where the clutch would be and i put a larger pedal but you can see there is plenty of room in between. The silver grid iron should be same size as the regular t3pa's which i think is just a copy of it in black rubber or plastic. Plenty big enough. It hung off both sides of my old playseat pedal mount by about 3 inches a side.

sorry about the mess. Just got the 80/20 rig together.