PDA

View Full Version : Will there be yellow flags in solo race mode after patch 3.0?

J4M35_R
08-08-2015, 09:00
I still haven't had a yellow flag when in solo races since the game was released. Am I unlucky or is it a known issue?

Mr Akina
08-08-2015, 10:13
Doesn't say anything about the flags, maybe they don't think there's a problem.

I've hit plenty of debris and seen plenty of accidents, but never had a yellow either.

Psychomatrix
08-08-2015, 11:31
I think to improve the flags system other AI elements should been fixed. They said at release that the pitstop feature get a upgrade and maybe this includes improved yellow and blue flags. When this upgrade been finish for release is unknown. But they work on it as much as I know.

robdok
03-09-2015, 12:52
When will update this error. AI does not pass the faster cars when it is mirrored and you have to fight every time. When the flag will be visible on the track?

fideco
03-09-2015, 13:52
When will update this error. AI does not pass the faster cars when it is mirrored and you have to fight every time. When the flag will be visible on the track?

Yes, i agree.
Small issues (along with others) that are breaking a realistic driving experience
I hope that they are quickly addressed in the next patch.

Cheesenium
03-09-2015, 15:35
I had experienced yellow before.

Once is a Marek spun out and hit a barrier, that car was DNF where it was yellow for a while

The second time was, I made a huge pile up at Monza Club, there were a few formula rookies stuck at the tire walls. They couldn't get out as there were constantly cars passing them and it was full course yellow for 3 laps.

Mahjik
03-09-2015, 15:41
I had experienced yellow before.

Once is a Marek spun out and hit a barrier, that car was DNF where it was yellow for a while

The second time was, I made a huge pile up at Monza Club, there were a few formula rookies stuck at the tire walls. They couldn't get out as there were constantly cars passing them and it was full course yellow for 3 laps.

Yes, they do happen but are pretty rare in single player. I've only seen then with the main two use cases which seem to fit Cheesenium's reports:

1. Multi-class race where the AI's bump either other off in a corner
2. Some of the tighter tracks where the AI sometimes has an issue navigating and causes a pile up

Cheesenium
03-09-2015, 15:47
Yes, they do happen but are pretty rare in single player. I've only seen then with the main two use cases which seem to fit Cheesenium's reports:

1. Multi-class race where the AI's bump either other off in a corner
2. Some of the tighter tracks where the AI sometimes has an issue navigating and causes a pile up

I should had made it clearer, it happens very rarely. Twice out of 108 hours.

I am not exactly sure what happened to the Marek one as it was LMP1 race but some how I saw an opponent skid out of the track and the map had a yellow box indicating yellow flag.

The second one at Monza, I brake too late and rear end a few cars in front of me, which caused a few cars to be stick at the tire barriers as there are other cars constantly passing behind them. They could not reverse out from the pile up to drive to pits for repairs. The whole track was yellow for 3 laps.

Yellow flags, blue flags and black flags are largely working in my experience. I do a free that yellow flag is too rare though

Cholton82
03-09-2015, 16:15
I'm on ps4 , 6-7 seasons completed and one yellow flag which was me facing the wrong way . I've come across a car straddling the racing line side on and not a yellow in sight .

A working flag system is a must in a racing game like this and for me so are random AI spin outs / crashes breakdowns .
Maybe pcars2 !

robdok
03-09-2015, 16:28
I'm on ps4 , 6-7 seasons completed and one yellow flag which was me facing the wrong way . I've come across a car straddling the racing line side on and not a yellow in sight .

A working flag system is a must in a racing game like this and for me so are random AI spin outs / crashes breakdowns .
Maybe pcars2 !

If pCars the simulator, I hope that it will improve in this edition and not pCars2 !!!

Cholton82
03-09-2015, 16:38
If pCars the simulator, I hope that it will improve in this edition and not pCars2 !!!

You and me both !

robdok
04-09-2015, 05:33
AI drives aggressively all the time and in every race, there are occasions when yellow flags. And while mirroring other drivers can not see blue flags. In endurance races is a very important thing to overtake slower cars having a lap behind the leader.

robdok
09-09-2015, 08:20
In my opinion, flag system does not work at all !!! Spa endurance race 6 hour in the Audi LMS Ultra. Yellow flag did not see any. In contrast, the blue flag appeared for me during duplication by the leader of the race in the LMP1 car. The flag was the whole race on the monitor. Even as duplicating the GT3 class. Is this normal? This is the racing simulator?

Cheesenium
09-09-2015, 09:09
In my opinion, flag system does not work at all !!!

I had seen flags quite a few times recently.

On top of both incidents in the previous pages,there was a ruf got stuck at a hairpin that left a yellow flag for half a lap. It just the AI rarely makes mistakes which is why you didnt see it much.

Just because you do not see it, it doesnt mean it does not work.

Blue flags wise, most of the time it works fine but there was once or twice that it bugged out when the car from the same class is overtaking me.

Akra
09-09-2015, 10:28
I had seen flags quite a few times recently.

On top of both incidents in the previous pages,there was a ruf got stuck at a hairpin that left a yellow flag for half a lap. It just the AI rarely makes mistakes which is why you didnt see it much.

Just because you do not see it, it doesnt mean it does not work.

Blue flags wise, most of the time it works fine but there was once or twice that it bugged out when the car from the same class is overtaking me.

Blue flags do not work in qualifying. You get blue flagged for cars on a pit exit lap, whilst you're on a fast lap. You also get blue flagged after you overtake a faster car, until you pull away from it.

I've done lots of career races and never seen a yellow flag. Whilst that doesn't mean they do not work, what it does mean is they do not always work properly.

Cheesenium
09-09-2015, 11:10
Blue flags do not work in qualifying. You get blue flagged for cars on a pit exit lap, whilst you're on a fast lap. You also get blue flagged after you overtake a faster car, until you pull away from it.

I've done lots of career races and never seen a yellow flag. Whilst that doesn't mean they do not work, what it does mean is they do not always work properly.

Blue flags works fine for me most of the time, not as bad as what you are saying.

The AI rarely makes any mistakes that will even stop their car for more than a few seconds which is why you never seen a yellow flag. I had 120 hours in the game so far, I only seen yellow flag on the track 4 times where 3 out of 4 times, I caused the pile up.

Find a track like the short Monza layout, then, go cause a huge pile up at the chicanes with tire barriers until the AI got stuck, you'll see plenty of yellow flags.

Just because you never seen it before, it doesnt mean it is buggy. It just mean that no incident had happened with the AI.

Akra
09-09-2015, 11:19
The blue flags might work in the race (haven't been lapped, so I don't know), but they've never ever worked in qualifying for me. They blue flag me when I'm on a fast lap and a car exits the pit lane. That's incorrect. They blue flag me when I pass a slower car. That's incorrect. And they blue flag me when an AI car is pitting. That's incorrect. I'm yet to find one example of them working during qualifying.

During races I had a McLaren stop at the side of the track before disappearing - no yellow flags. I had an accident at Oschershlaben where an AI car got stuck in the barrier at Turn 1, no yellow flags. So I'm yet to see the yellow flags working at all during a race.

So just because you've seen it work, doesn't mean it does. I've never had a CTD/Crash, but I don't deny these exist. Sorry, the flags are broken in the current form, as confirmed by many people. There many be situations where they work, but theres also lots of times they don't. Same as the setup saving bugs - when they work, they work. But for a lot of people it's very very broken. And the sooner this community gets away from the attitude of "It's not broken for me, therefore it isn't a problem" the better.

Angst1974
09-09-2015, 12:02
Azure Circuit LMP will get you some yellow , with the whole course blocked :/

J4M35_R
09-09-2015, 12:34
Never seen a yellow flag yet. I've even tried deliberately and jammed the whole field up on about 10 occasions and not one flag.

robdok
09-09-2015, 15:34
I had a blue flag throughout the race. Yellow flag should be even as I fall out of the track because it is a warning about the danger on the track. The game requires a few more amendments but it is great!