PDA

View Full Version : Oroblems I have identified

justin time
08-08-2015, 16:15
After playing this game on XBOX One (using controller) for over 100 hours, here are a few issues that should be fixed:

[LIST=1]
AI seem unaffected by tire wear or rain. Would be nice if the different tires has different colour markings.

Race engineer gives no message to the driver as to tire degradation
Playing in career mode, up to Formula A. At Brands hatch, where the 100% length is 57 laps, there is only ebough fuel for about 30 laps. you cannot refuel in Formula A, but this is clearly a bug.
Above problem also affects a 100% race at hockenheim, where I ran out of fuel on the last lap.
Numerous other quirks with the game freezing, dropping the sound, failing to start on the first try.
Some cars seem undriveable at some tracks, then all of a sudden begin to work normally. And it's more than just the tires coming up to temperature.
Many other minor things but not worth mentionning. Overall a good game. Lags seriously behind F1 2015 in realism and licensing and Forza series in variety, but still a good game.
[/
I am not an experienced racing gamer - use some aids and AI difficulty at 60%

justin time
08-08-2015, 16:42
Same issue with Barcelona. Get 99 units of fuel to start. You need 200 to complete a 100% length race!

OpticalHercules
08-08-2015, 16:55
Can't you adjust the formula A fuel level up to something like 220L? Sure it's a problem if you have no interest in tuning at all and want to run exactly what the game sets you up with. While I do enjoy running stock on occasion for some of the invitational stuff, adjusting fuel level to match the race seems like good preparation instead of tuning. Maybe I'm wrong on the 220L though. Been a while since I've played with those cars at all. If you do only get 99L max, that seems a tremendous oversight for the 100% event durations...

justin time
08-08-2015, 20:37
Can't you adjust the formula A fuel level up to something like 220L? Sure it's a problem if you have no interest in tuning at all and want to run exactly what the game sets you up with. While I do enjoy running stock on occasion for some of the invitational stuff, adjusting fuel level to match the race seems like good preparation instead of tuning. Maybe I'm wrong on the 220L though. Been a while since I've played with those cars at all. If you do only get 99L max, that seems a tremendous oversight for the 100% event durations...

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have not found a way to adjust the starting fuel amount. You can turn off fuel usage in the gameplay options (the options are realistic, low, and none). Interestingly, when you do that you start with 142.6 instead of 99. But you can run a full race, so you are compensating for one unrealistic feature by using another one. And in some tracks you get enough to run a 100% race. All these issues make me think it is one of the ever-increasing number of bugs I am finding in this game.

OpticalHercules
08-08-2015, 20:55
You can either change the tune in My Garage from the main menu, or when you're in a practice/qualifier session and you are in the Pit Box, click on "Edit Tuning Setup" and then click Left/Right Triggers (or brake/gas pedals for wheel users) to cycle through the different tuning menus. From the first menu showing Tire and Brake Pressure settings, clicking Left Trigger once will bring you to the page letting you adjust Fuel Level/Qualification Fuel, along with Brake Mapping and Restricter/Turbo Wastegate pressures. The top fuel settings adjusts your fuel load for Practice and Race, while the Qualification fuel load adjusts fuel level just for Qualifiers. That's handy so you can use only the minimum fuel necessary to run on qual and increase your qual times by having a lighter car.

Figure out your fuel usage either by cycling through the MoTeC display (on cars that have them in the cockpit view only) to see average fuel usage, or just note your fuel level each lap you pass the finish line for a few laps and average out the differences, and then multiply the average by the number of laps of the race +1. If you are setting your fuel low enough to have as little fuel as possible at the end of the race, always add one extra lap's worth of fuel because in some classes if you do not have enough fuel to go around the track and into the pits after finishing the race, you can be disqualified after the race is completed.

madmax2069
08-08-2015, 20:56
While in the main game menu press the right bumper to go to my home, highlight and select my garage, you can either create a new setup or edit a current setup (select one). Press R2 until it shows Engine and below are two fuel settings, one for race, and one for qualifying. And save the setup, you can save either for all tracks, or individual tracks.

justin time
09-08-2015, 14:37
While in the main game menu press the right bumper to go to my home, highlight and select my garage, you can either create a new setup or edit a current setup (select one). Press R2 until it shows Engine and below are two fuel settings, one for race, and one for qualifying. And save the setup, you can save either for all tracks, or individual tracks.

Thank you very much to all who replied for those detailed suggestions.