PDA

View Full Version : AI for karts in career much too easy

Mattze
08-08-2015, 16:37
Hi all together,

yesterday I started a new career in tier 8 with karts. Now I reached tier 7 with superkarts and I wonder, that it's much too easy to win the races. Today, I won in Snetterton (10 laps) with 13(!) seconds ahead of the second at 100% difficulty. Yes, it's the beginning of the career, but races in tier 7 and 8 are only boring, cause the AI is much too slow.

Carinis
09-08-2015, 13:36
The ai on setterton have major issues going round turn 1, they are so slow I make up a second every lap on them there

bomarfield
09-08-2015, 13:50
Just few minutes ago completed 125cc karts season 1. Last race (don't remember which location) 15 laps, 90% AI, started 7th. Didn't practice since I didn't care very much about results (champioship lead was 30 or 40 points).
So I gained few positions and then crashed into AI (lap 3) which resulted in last place. Climbed back to 7 and crashed into AI again after late braking but this time on last corner which sent me to pits :D So lap 5 or 6 I was dead last and several seconds behind 11.
Finished 3rd. Basically late braking in some corners gets big advantage over AI.

Dutchmountains
09-08-2015, 13:59
Just wait till you get further in your career.
its getting slowly difficult.
keep it on 100% and you shall find out.

Mattze
13-08-2015, 17:07
But I want close races at the beginning of career too. I won every race in Superkart World Championship with 5 - 10 seconds ahead of the second (over 10 or 15 laps) and full fuel. Also the AI is driving very inconsistently. It's great that, career becomes harder with the time, but this is ridiculous. No more kart driving in career for me until the difficulty is adjusted.

falm
13-08-2015, 19:05
But I want close races at the beginning of career too. I won every race in Superkart World Championship with 5 - 10 seconds ahead of the second (over 10 or 15 laps) and full fuel. Also the AI is driving very inconsistently. It's great that, career becomes harder with the time, but this is ridiculous. No more kart driving in career for me until the difficulty is adjusted.

Maybe it's your fault 'cause your to fast? ;-)
For me 80% is a challenge an I struggle to get podium on 90% - started with 70% in my first season. Balancing for 1Mio plus users is for sure not that easy.

AI is driving very inconsistently
Yup, they have problems with some car / track combinations.

Still I think that "slower" AI in lower classes is quit realistic. And as Dutchmountains said: they will get faster in higher classes.

Mattze
13-08-2015, 22:35
Maybe it's your fault 'cause your to fast? ;-)
For me 80% is a challenge an I struggle to get podium on 90% - started with 70% in my first season. Balancing for 1Mio plus users is for sure not that easy.

Still I think that "slower" AI in lower classes is quit realistic. And as Dutchmountains said: they will get faster in higher classes.

Haha, I wish ;)
I've driven race simulations for circa 1 year, but I don't think I'm a natural. The superkarts have so much grip, I find they're not hard to drive. Maybe SMS balances it on gamepad users who drives 5 laps at maximum. I take my G27 wheel on 100 % length and the 100 % difficulty is much too easy for me. Sorry!
But the solution could be easy. Simply, extends the difficulty on 120 %.