PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble keeping the F1 tyres at optimal temperatures.

slovoflud
08-08-2015, 16:58
Usually it takes about half a lap, say 3-4km, for then to go cold (blue indicators).
No matter how hard I push the car. I'm not the fastest driver out there my a mile but still, keeping up with AI at 80 and can't bring the temperatures into the tyres..

TrevorAustin
08-08-2015, 19:18
Usually it takes about half a lap, say 3-4km, for then to go cold (blue indicators).
No matter how hard I push the car. I'm not the fastest driver out there my a mile but still, keeping up with AI at 80 and can't bring the temperatures into the tyres..

not read the forum much then? :)

fa-racing
09-08-2015, 05:20

Deflate them. Don't Deflate too much or you will lose speed.
Soften your suspension.

Robert
09-08-2015, 07:03
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think that blue means normal and green optimum?

madmax2069
09-08-2015, 07:15
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think that blue means normal and green optimum?
blue = cold
green = race temp
Red = too hot

slovoflud
09-08-2015, 07:19
Deflate them. Don't Deflate too much or you will lose speed.
Soften your suspension.

Thanks! I did try that, still the rear is cold. Probably not pushing hard enough then..

slovoflud
09-08-2015, 08:34
not read the forum much then? :)

Meaning the setups have been discussed or is it a known bug? :)

tigerpaw11
09-08-2015, 09:00
Meaning the setups have been discussed or is it a known bug? :)

Yes, with the 3.0 patch coming up, the problems with tyres going cold in fa car has been fixed. A new medium tire is coming as well so there will be two dry compounds for fa cars. For PC users the issues has already been solved with their last patch.

Happy racing!

slovoflud
09-08-2015, 09:36
Yes, with the 3.0 patch coming up, the problems with tyres going cold in fa car has been fixed. A new medium tire is coming as well so there will be two dry compounds for fa cars. For PC users the issues has already been solved with their last patch.

Happy racing!

Jesus crist, how did I miss that?
Well, there goes my 15 hours of tuning the car. :D

tigerpaw11
09-08-2015, 12:52
If it makes you feel any better - i missed that too :-)

But... the changes will come in effect with the patch which is 3-4 weeks away as i understood it.

fa-racing
09-08-2015, 22:05
Thanks! I did try that, still the rear is cold. Probably not pushing hard enough then..

The rear f1 tire temps are broken at the moment. Meaning they never really go above 102c at the moment.

As Doug has said before. "the f1 tire temps will changed in 3.0"