PDA

View Full Version : ESL Playstation Plus Club, anyone have an idea how the race set-up works?

HiSpeeder
09-08-2015, 10:16
Hi,

I have signed up for the ESL PlayStation Plus Cup (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/sign-up-for-the-project-cars-playstation-plus-cup-europe-today) which was advertised on the Project Cars homepage. I have no clue how the race setup works (e.g. how do I actually get into the race I'm supposed to race), and there's no info in the FAQ on the ESL website. Basically I know where I have to race but the name of my opponent hasn't been announced yet.

Do I have to set up the race myself and then try to find my opponent (if I would know the name) or is there going to be an ESL-specific lobby or something? I also contacted ESL support, but thought maybe someone on the forum here might know?

Thanks.

Fuburubu
09-08-2015, 17:48
I need to know this too. Any one?

HiSpeeder
09-08-2015, 18:13
I received a reply from Support, this is what they sent:

"You or your opponent needs to create a private lobby. There'll be a match chat on the ESL page to talk with your opponent."

Earlier, when I asked how to find out about my opponent, I received: "The matches will be generated very soon (before 20:00 CEST)."

However, it is 20.13 CEST now and I still don't see any opponent - it still says 'HiSpeeder vs to be determined', so I think I'll quit waiting in a few minutes. Something must have gone wrong on the match set-up.

HiSpeeder
09-08-2015, 18:18
Hmm, at 20.15 CEST I suddenly was given a 'default win' and now a new race is scheduled for this Wednesday, this time I did get an opponent assigned. I wonder if they failed to make the matches or if I just got lucky? In any case, I still have the private race lobby open, Fuburubu feel like doing the race on Willow Springs against me? I'll send you an invite.

Fuburubu
09-08-2015, 18:25
I'm still waiting. Not sure how it works as the person I was matched against hasn't turned up

HiSpeeder
09-08-2015, 18:27
Then you get an automatic win after 15 mins.

2.2. No show
If a contestant is not ready to play, 15 minutes after the scheduled match time, then they should be reported as a no show to an admin.

http://play.eslgaming.com/new-games/playstation/projectcars-ps4/open/playstation-plus-cup-europe/rules

Fuburubu
09-08-2015, 18:31
Thanks. Just reported it. I waited over 15 mins, sent invites etc and nothing. Lets see what happens now.

I hope that I get the win credited.