PDA

View Full Version : Endurance/Le Man 24 hour game crashes- Race underway!

KK78
09-08-2015, 16:21
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere but obviously there have been reported issues with the longer Endurance races such as the Le Mans 24 hour crashing at random points (happened to me in the Endurance Champs 5 times :() But the issue seems not to be reported much recently.

So my question is has this problem already been sorted but I missed that news or does the upcoming patch address this at all and if not is this something SMS are looking into? I'm desperate to have another go as I've pretty much done every other Championship but don't want my PS4 to melt :p

It would be interesting to hear from people who have successfully completed the Endurance Champ. or Le Mans to get an idea of the success rate.

Thanks

LM24z
09-08-2015, 18:35
I think they fixed all the crashing issues in one of the first updates. Since then I've done probably a hundred endurance races no problem. Usually I race between 2 to 6 hours per race and have had no issues. Before the update it seemed like every other race was crashing randomnly.

KK78
10-08-2015, 08:31
I think they fixed all the crashing issues in one of the first updates. Since then I've done probably a hundred endurance races no problem. Usually I race between 2 to 6 hours per race and have had no issues. Before the update it seemed like every other race was crashing randomnly.

Thanks, that's good news, have you done Le Mans full 24 hour?

gormanio
10-08-2015, 11:30
ive had a crash 3 hours into a 6 hour race recently, if we could just save the races mid race then this would definitely help with this issue, even had a power cut during a race.

KK78
10-08-2015, 15:07
ive had a crash 3 hours into a 6 hour race recently, if we could just save the races mid race then this would definitely help with this issue, even had a power cut during a race.

That would be really useful, perhaps an option SMS?

LM24z
11-08-2015, 04:31
Thanks, that's good news, have you done Le Mans full 24 hour?

Haven't done the full 24 yet. Not able to dedicate the time with work, kids, wife etc.... I really hope they implement mid race saves or stabilize the suspend/resume feature on the PS4.

KK78
11-08-2015, 12:10
@LM24z yep, agreed. I'm gonna give the 24 hour a go this weekend- wish me luck!

Mahjik
11-08-2015, 13:39
That would be really useful, perhaps an option SMS?

Ian put it on his list for his team look at.

KK78
11-08-2015, 16:49
Ian put it on his list for his team look at.

Great to know, thanks :)

mister dog
11-08-2015, 17:33
Great to know, thanks :)

Latest news is that would mean a lot of coding and a huge save file (but i wouldn't mind):

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36775-Not-in-patch-3-0&p=1080244&viewfull=1#post1080244

LM24z
13-08-2015, 05:00
@LM24z yep, agreed. I'm gonna give the 24 hour a go this weekend- wish me luck!Good luck bro!

KK78
13-08-2015, 09:25
Good luck bro!

Cheers mate, did the qualifying this morning all set to start late afternoon after work, will do 5-6 hours and then let Ai Bob do the night shift :)

mister dog
13-08-2015, 12:31
Latest news is that would mean a lot of coding and a huge save file (but i wouldn't mind):

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36775-Not-in-patch-3-0&p=1080244&viewfull=1#post1080244

Correction; latest news is that this was referring to saving the game during gameplay, during pit stops it would be a lot less difficult to implement as the physics are paused at that moment, and less data needs to be stored :):

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36775-Not-in-patch-3-0&p=1081184&viewfull=1#post1081184

KK78
14-08-2015, 10:34
Good luck bro!

So an update, I picked a LMP2 Marek raced for 11 straight hours yesterday late afternoon into the early morning building a big lead and with 244 laps gone,a 7 minute lead, two fans aimed squarely at the PS4 and 5 hours left to go the Ai Driver has been at it for a few hours now and continues to build a lead :) (albeit not at the pace I was) I did have to make some adjustments to limit the possibility of it crashing so refuelling is gone as is tire wear so no pit stops and I dropped the Ai to 70 for this run, if all goes to plan I may do it again with all the settings at realistic.

BUT I did make one major boob! Any one doing this who wants the Ai to cover some of the racing needs to map the 'call into pits' feature to the controller because it is not there by default, does not mention it anywhere in the game and cannot (for some utterly bizarre reason) be selected or adjusted from the pause menu so basically I cannot call Ai Bob back into the pits!!!!!! Aaaaaaggggrrhhh!

So fingers crossed for Bob because if he screws this up he's dead meat!

altid6
14-08-2015, 11:06
Last weekend I did a 250 lap race at Spa with GT3 cars, 35 opponents (more than 10 hours).
Before race start there were 1 hour practice and 30 min qual. Used PC with 3 screens, AI at 80%, full damage, real weather, tire wear, fuel consumption, time x2.
Drove 2 hour stints and changed with the AI driver.

Absolut no problems and bugs with pit stop.

The only problem was the race result when the race finished.
Some cars with 245 laps were higher up on the leaderboard than cars with 247 laps at the finish of the race!!!!
And when the leader crosses the finish line the race just stops and you are not able to finish your current lap.
A bit annoying when you are in a good fight for position on the very last lap (the AI driver automatically finishes the lap, as you a presented with the race result screen).

KK78
14-08-2015, 11:11
Last weekend I did a 250 lap race at Spa with GT3 cars, 35 opponents (more than 10 hours).
Before race start there were 1 hour practice and 30 min qual. Used PC with 3 screens, AI at 80%, full damage, real weather, tire wear, fuel consumption, time x2.
Drove 2 hour stints and changed with the AI driver.

Absolut no problems and bugs with pit stop.

The only problem was the race result when the race finished.
Some cars with 245 laps were higher up on the leaderboard than cars with 247 laps at the finish of the race!!!!
And when the leader crosses the finish line the race just stops and you are not able to finish your current lap.
A bit annoying when you are in a good fight for position on the very last lap (the AI driver automatically finishes the lap, as you a presented with the race result screen).

I just wanted to get one 24 hour race under my belt hence why I limited certain things on this occassion, I had previously 5 crashes in the Endurance Championship and 1 was in the pits at Le Sarthe so I didn't want to risk it. Hope my leaderboard does not get jumbled, IF the race reaches a conclusion.

I love Spa, might give that a go :)

KK78
14-08-2015, 15:03
Into the final hour of 24, 307 laps done, still in the lead!

KK78
14-08-2015, 16:21
2700 miles, 318 laps, 24 hours & 3 Trophies later we have a winner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2TuiBU6mt4