PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Driving Force GT compatibility

akstirling
10-08-2015, 15:04
Can someone confirm this hardware compatible with the sim in Win 10???

thanks

Namron
10-08-2015, 15:20
Yup!!! Mine works fine & did pretty much straight out the box :)..... I actually just bought this wheel a week ago now or so purposely for this Sim & it's worked very well, Great FFB responses & no complaints from me at all with this wheel & it's Pedals :eagerness:....

Nam....

akstirling
10-08-2015, 18:56
Yup!!! Mine works fine & did pretty much straight out the box :)..... I actually just bought this wheel a week ago now or so purposely for this Sim & it's worked very well, Great FFB responses & no complaints from me at all with this wheel & it's Pedals :eagerness:....

Nam....

Hi Nam ...

thanks for the reply ... good to hear your positive comments ... in my situation 'any' wheel has to be an improvement (using a joystick at the moment) but I like the look of this one ... and the price ...

Alan

Denco
10-08-2015, 18:59
This wheel works great and feels great, for its price. Another happy owner here :)

P.S: Don't think about it anymore just buy it.

xxTheGoDxx
10-08-2015, 19:23
Works great on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (x64). Make sure to add Pcars in the Logitech Profiler before starting the game. I used this settings 214785 from this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE) (didn't changed anything ingame besides FFB) in combination with Jack Spades excelent FFB settings (forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files).

Test that your wheel correctly locks at 270 at Formula cars, I needed to calibrate two times for get it working correct.

akstirling
10-08-2015, 21:54
Works great on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (x64). Make sure to add Pcars in the Logitech Profiler before starting the game. I used this settings 214785 from this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE) (didn't changed anything ingame besides FFB) in combination with Jack Spades excelent FFB settings (forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files).

Test that your wheel correctly locks at 270 at Formula cars, I needed to calibrate two times for get it working correct.

want to thank you all for what reads like 'an easy ease-in guide' to get me up and running with what looks like a great wheel .... ordered one from amazon market place and a stand for good measure ... with these 2 bits of kit i can kiss goodbye to the joystick once and for all ....

cheers guys ....

alan

Namron
11-08-2015, 00:06
Nice one Alan :encouragement:... You'll not regret it that's for sure... Especially after trying to play the game using a Joystick ;).... I love the response & feeling I get from this GT Wheel... It just works & works a treat :)....

Let us know how you get on...

Nam....

Invincible
11-08-2015, 10:01
Hey that's great to see that you guys have no issues with the DFGT on Win10. I was reluctant to take the step to Win10 until now, because I've seen some people where the DFGT would not work anymore on Win 10...

Denco
11-08-2015, 10:53
I'm still on win 7.

Stevesixty7
12-08-2015, 21:29
How annoying to see you PC guys using this wheel ;) I still have one in perfect working order, but had to buy a T100 for PS4 :mad: Prefer the DFGT any day. I'm going to hang on to it though, just in case.

Namron
12-08-2015, 21:53
How annoying to see you PC guys using this wheel ;) I still have one in perfect working order, but had to buy a T100 for PS4 :mad: Prefer the DFGT any day. I'm going to hang on to it though, just in case.

Got to say I'm really well impressed with how the DFGT Wheel performs with PCars... I Very nearly went for the g27 or 29 is it, But so glad I in the end picked the DFGT. Not only because it just worked straight out the box, But so glad I didn't spend nigh on double for one of the other Logi wheels I mentioned above. So am well stocked & chuffed I didn't need to spend more Beer Tokens & got a fantastic feeling & response Wheel that just works with very minimal input needed from me at all.
Also love the amount of buttons & switches that you can map out for your own, I have my red rotational switch to adjust my brake balance for example, Still got a lot more mapping out that I want to do, The problem is remembering which button & switch I put for what lol (I feel a list coming on & maybe some small sticker notes on the wheel until I get my memory around it), So... Yeh.. Do also like the amount of mapping options this wheel gives on top of everything else the wheel gives you :encouragement:...

I'm sure (Know) there are still tweaks from within the Game Settings Screen that I can probably make to make it even better but to be honest I haven't yet looked into that side of things. I'm sure there will be people that have this wheel & have played around with the settings e.t.c & have maybe managed to make it even better, But for now I'm a very Happy Chappie with my Less expensive Logi Wheel & well pleased I went for the DFGT :D....

Nam.....

Stevesixty7
12-08-2015, 22:50
Got to say I'm really well impressed with how the DFGT Wheel performs with PCars... I Very nearly went for the g27 or 29 is it, But so glad I in the end picked the DFGT. Not only because it just worked straight out the box, But so glad I didn't spend nigh on double for one of the other Logi wheels I mentioned above. So am well stocked & chuffed I didn't need to spend more Beer Tokens & got a fantastic feeling & response Wheel that just works with very minimal input needed from me at all.
Also love the amount of buttons & switches that you can map out for your own, I have my red rotational switch to adjust my brake balance for example, Still got a lot more mapping out that I want to do, The problem is remembering which button & switch I put for what lol (I feel a list coming on & maybe some small sticker notes on the wheel until I get my memory around it), So... Yeh.. Do also like the amount of mapping options this wheel gives on top of everything else the wheel gives you :encouragement:...

I'm sure (Know) there are still tweaks from within the Game Settings Screen that I can probably make to make it even better but to be honest I haven't yet looked into that side of things. I'm sure there will be people that have this wheel & have played around with the settings e.t.c & have maybe managed to make it even better, But for now I'm a very Happy Chappie with my Less expensive Logi Wheel & well pleased I went for the DFGT :D....

Nam.....

Glad you're happy with it mate. I found it faultless, great feel, wheel and pedals, ffb was excellent too. Gutted I can't use it on PS4.

killerquagmire
19-08-2015, 00:48

Nam....

Can you tell me what version of Logitech profiler you are using? I'm having no luck at all with my gt driving force after installing windows 10. I'm trying to install the latest version which was released earlier this month but it hangs and locks up my computer during the detection process.Thanks.

Namron
19-08-2015, 03:12
Can you tell me what version of Logitech profiler you are using? I'm having no luck at all with my gt driving force after installing windows 10. I'm trying to install the latest version which was released earlier this month but it hangs and locks up my computer during the detection process.Thanks.

Ello Killerquagmire........ I'm using the old drivers Ver# 5.10.127 (dated 06/14/10 This is an old driver, although I only purchased this wheel 27/07/2015)... I didn't update my Profiler as it was working fine & didn't see a need to update as yet. I nearly just went ahead & updated as a matter of course but then decided not too because as I said everything was/is working fine with the 5.10.127 build version...

I am also running Win 10 update... Hope your able to get it sorted or at least get to be able to use the older drivers if no joy with the newer driver?..

Nam...

killerquagmire
20-08-2015, 01:35
Ello Killerquagmire........ I'm using the old drivers Ver# 5.10.127 (dated 06/14/10 This is an old driver, although I only purchased this wheel 27/07/2015)... I didn't update my Profiler as it was working fine & didn't see a need to update as yet. I nearly just went ahead & updated as a matter of course but then decided not too because as I said everything was/is working fine with the 5.10.127 build version...

I am also running Win 10 update... Hope your able to get it sorted or at least get to be able to use the older drivers if no joy with the newer driver?..

Nam...

Thanks for the quick reply. I will have to scour the web and see if I can locate the old drivers for the logitech profiler because the latest driver locks up my pc during install. You made the right move by not updating. I hope to get back on the road soon with my driving Force GT because I can't play a racing game without it! lol

killerquagmire
20-08-2015, 02:22
Thanks for the quick reply. I will have to scour the web and see if I can locate the old drivers for the logitech profiler because the latest driver locks up my pc during install. You made the right move by not updating. I hope to get back on the road soon with my driving Force GT because I can't play a racing game without it! lol

Found the driver- works perfectly now. Thanks!

Namron
20-08-2015, 02:24

I hope your able to find that driver version Killer.... But if not...... I think I may have it saved on my PC along with some other versions, So if you can't find it maybe I could send you the driver EXE file as, like I said I think it's the one I'm using at present....

I think if memory serves me right (which is not very often... I have a real crap terrible memory :o) I got this Logitech Profile driver direct from the CD I had come with my G940 flight system from years ago & just never bothered to update the profiler with any new updates....

Anyway... Let me know how you get on & if your still stuck we can try this driver I have saved here, I THINK it's the one your after, seeing as I have it saved as the lgs 510, but I do have the 504 version one as well & not sure how Logitech go about naming their game profiler drivers.

I'm assuming the 510 one I have is the 510 that pops up when I click on the profiler about link & it list the driver there as the ver 5.10.127 & so I think the 510 exe file I have might be the one, although not certain it is the right one... I'll see if I can find the old CD for my G940 flight stick & check the version on there....... If I can find it??.... It's been many years since I actually used the CD & that was when I installed & connected up the G940...

Good luck & may the force be with you ;)...

Nam...

Namron
20-08-2015, 02:31
Found the driver- works perfectly now. Thanks!

HaHa..... You just Ninja'd me :D..... That's great you got it & it's working good for you.... Nice one :victorious::encouragement:....

Looking like I won't be updating my Logitech profile drivers as you were having a bad time with the latest drivers???.... You'd think new drivers would make things better not worse :p... Hopefully...... Either Logitech or SMS can come up with a fix for the newer drivers??....

All the best..

Nam.....