PDA

View Full Version : Patch 3.0

L4velle
10-08-2015, 18:59
http://www.isrtv.com/project-cars/project-cars-patch-3-0-release-notes/

The notes suggest all patches to release simultaneously so no waiting an extra 2 weeks for xb1 players hopefully. Heaps of fixes. Sounds promising.

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 19:06
http://www.isrtv.com/project-cars/project-cars-patch-3-0-release-notes/

The notes suggest all patches to release simultaneously so no waiting an extra 2 weeks for xb1 players hopefully. Heaps of fixes. Sounds promising.

I'm afraid they don't not sure how you read that:) however I do hope the console delays, especially the xbox, aren't as bad as they have been.

GForce
10-08-2015, 19:32
I'm afraid they don't not sure how you read that:) however I do hope the console delays, especially the xbox, aren't as bad as they have been.

They should come all at the same time this time...crossing fingers!

MAARTEN
10-08-2015, 19:35
What iv'e read it hasn't been released from SMS yet as they test it in it's final stage so there isn't any bad issues with it. And because of the simultaneously release i bet there will be a delay of like 2 weeks from now. Microsoft was very slow to approve Xbox-version on the earlier release so it looks like we all have to wait now.

I really hope that i'm wrong.

GForce
10-08-2015, 19:38
What iv'e read it hasn't been released from SMS yet as they test it in it's final stage so there isn't any bad issues with it. And because of the simultaneously release i bet there will be a delay of like 2 weeks from now. Microsoft was very slow to approve Xbox-version on the earlier release so now all of us have to wait.

??? see this thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36676-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Patch-3-0-Release-notes

MAARTEN
10-08-2015, 19:41
??? see this thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36676-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Patch-3-0-Release-notes

Well, that's the release notes yes. But the patch itself hasn't been released yet. Or have i missed something in that thread?

GForce
10-08-2015, 19:43
Well, that's the release notes yes. But the patch hasn't been released. Or have i missed something in that thread?

True, I was just wondering why you wrote 2 weeks from now, as the original SMS Thread is saying:
"Finally, please be aware that this patch is not yet in submission with Microsoft and Sony, so we are most likely looking at a few weeks before it will be released. We will post the final release dates as soon as we have them."

But maybe 2 weeks would be better than a few ;)

MAARTEN
10-08-2015, 19:45
True, I was just wondering why you wrote 2 weeks from now, as the original SMS Thread is saying:
"Finally, please be aware that this patch is not yet in submission with Microsoft and Sony, so we are most likely looking at a few weeks before it will be released. We will post the final release dates as soon as we have them."

But maybe 2 weeks would be better than a few ;)

Ah yes, that was what i recalled i've read. So it will not be released tomorrow, not likely this week either :)

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 19:45
They should come all at the same time this time...crossing fingers!

Really, why should they?

PC has very simple namco approval

PS4 has Namco approval then Sony approval, normally pretty smooth

Xbox has Namco approval then MS approval, often extremely thorough and difficult.

Just how it is, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just the way things are done for the different markets.

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 19:47
What iv'e read it hasn't been released from SMS yet as they test it in it's final stage so there isn't any bad issues with it. And because of the simultaneously release i bet there will be a delay of like 2 weeks from now. Microsoft was very slow to approve Xbox-version on the earlier release so it looks like we all have to wait now.

I really hope that i'm wrong.

I would guess that is still the case.

My guess would be that when SMS/Namco have approved all 3 platforms together (that should be very imminent unless something came up in that testing), that PC will then be released and PS4 and xbox forwarded to Sony/MS for their approval. Fingers crossed no issues.

MAARTEN
10-08-2015, 19:49
SMS choose to release patch 3.0 at the same time on all platforms because Xbox-guys had to wait much longer with the earlier patch. I don't like it as i'm on PC but at the same time i understand SMS that they want everybody to have the patch at the same time regardless of platform. Probably to create less irritation.

OpticalHercules
10-08-2015, 19:55
Apart from patch 2.5 which was PC only, I think SMS has always released all three patches simultaneously. The reason Xbox has always been slower is because Microsoft has found fault with the last two major patches (1.4 & 2.0) for various reasons that didn't apply to PS4 or PC versions, and then MS sent it back to SMS for review. IIRC, patch 1.4 was held up because of a crash bug with the HORI Racing Wheel (which no right thinking person should use anyway... opinion here) and the bug existed prior to that patch being released. It was just caught when they went through that patch. Don't remember why 2.0 got sent back.

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 19:55
SMS choose to release patch 3.0 at the same time on all platforms because Xbox-guys had to wait much longer with the earlier patch. I don't like it as i'm on PC but i at the same time understand SMS that they want everybody to have the patch at the same time regardless of platform. Probably to create less irritation.

Yes but where has this idea come from? hasn't even been hinted at except by one non-sms non-wmd user who suggested it:)

Ian has specifically said he will NOT be holding patches back from 1 platform to wait for another. A single word statement that could not be misinterpreted, there has never been anything to contradict that since, looks like yet another forum rumour from somebody reading a non authoratative post and that then becoming the gospel.

Personally I don't understand it at all, everybody chose their own platform and the accompanying rules and restrictions that go with it. When I was an Xbox user I completely understood PC stuff would get done quicker and easier and more regularly.

Do you honestly see SMS, and Ian in particular, running scared of a bit of forum irritation and hate posts? Not like that is anything new:)

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 19:57
Apart from patch 2.5 which was PC only, I think SMS has always released all three patches simultaneously. The reason Xbox has always been slower is because Microsoft has found fault with the last two major patches (1.4 & 2.0) for various reasons that didn't apply to PS4 or PC versions, and then MS sent it back to SMS for review. IIRC, patch 1.4 was held up because of a crash bug with the HORI Racing Wheel (which no right thinking person should use anyway... opinion here) and the bug existed prior to that patch being released. It was just caught when they went through that patch. Don't remember why 2.0 got sent back.

Agreed they release them to Steam, Sony and MS simultaneously, after that it is up to the 3 providers, Steam take hours at most.

MAARTEN
10-08-2015, 20:04
Yes but where has this idea come from? hasn't even been hinted at except by one non sms non wmd user who suggested it:)

Ian has specifically said he will NOT be holding patches back from 1 platform to wait for another. A single word statement that could not be misinterpreted, there has never been anything to contradict that since, looks like yet another forum rumour from somebody reading a non authoratative post and that then becoming the gospel.

Can't find the quote but i'm pretty sure that it actually was Ian that declared that patch 3.0 will be sync-released.

Schnizz58
10-08-2015, 20:06
SMS choose to release patch 3.0 at the same time on all platforms because Xbox-guys had to wait much longer with the earlier patch. I don't like it as i'm on PC but at the same time i understand SMS that they want everybody to have the patch at the same time regardless of platform. Probably to create less irritation.
I don't see why the PC guys should be penalized just because we were dumb enough to buy an Xbox.

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 20:10
Can't find the quote but i'm pretty sure that it actually was Ian that declared that patch 3.0 will be sync-released.

Oh well we'll see, I think/hope you're right about release to Steam/Sony/MS and will be disappointed if it is synched beyond that. A completely artificial delay for the majority of the users to satisfy a single smaller group, political correctness in game release, lol. Just can't see it.

MAARTEN
10-08-2015, 20:12
I searched all over for the quote but can't find it. Maybe the post was edited because they changed their minds :) so don't take my word on this :)

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 20:16
I searched all over for the quote but can't find it. Maybe the post was edited because they changed their minds :) so don't take my word on this :)

I'm not, lol, either it was a user suggesting it, but nobody agreed with him or it would have been to the 3 dists as I mentioned earlier, that makes perfect sense. Out of SMS hands then, unless they asked Sony and Steam to hold back.

MAARTEN
10-08-2015, 20:18
Yeah i don't think its an easy task to get it synced on the same date for Sony, MS and Steam. So hopefully VERY soon on the PC :D

Psychomatrix
10-08-2015, 20:19
Finally it's in the hand of sony and microsoft when the patch going online. I think what they mean is that the give the patch same time out to bandai/namco. So I think pc will come first. Otherwise they must give an order to steam not to release the patch before sony and microsoft release theirs.

nissan4ever
10-08-2015, 20:56
Don't remember why 2.0 got sent back.

Patch 2.0 got sent back because of the upcoming logitech wheel for Xbox One. Made game crash. Stated by Ian Bell.

Umer Ahmad
10-08-2015, 21:02
There is an official patch 3.0 thread, use it please.

SMS will give us distribution information when it is ready, no need to invent ideas and spread confusion. If nothing is said by SMS directly then the information is not ready.