PDA

View Full Version : STOP turning full damage on in open FA races

GeneralPancake
10-08-2015, 19:13
Seriously, STOP IT. You KNOW that 75% of the racers can't start the FA car off the line without putting it nose into a wall, and on the grid that translates to running right into the car next to you, causing a pile up, and destroying any clean racers on the grid who actually know what they are doing.

Because unless you are in the top 5, maybe, it's impossible to get off the grid unscathed you gotta drive the first lap at 70-20% of your undamaged speed (with the car virtually uncontrollable), pit in, and by that time the race is ruined for you.

STOP IT. Do whatever you want for private races, but STOP TURNING ON FULL DAMAGE IN PUBLIC FA RACES, YOU ARE JUST RUINING THE RACE FOR EVERYONE. SERIOUSLY. CUT IT OUT.

LANCER1975
12-08-2015, 12:04
I echo this. And this is coming from a player (me) who is at best average, but I do try to race as clean as possible. I occasionally cause contact not because I'm a rammer, but because I make some honest mistakes. When it happens, I always make sure to cede the position to the guy I hit. However off the start grid, I see myself always getting hit. Every single time. (Usually cause I start in the middle of the grid because my qualis are mediocre) I do everything I can not to hit anyone, and my times suffer, but it's better than being hated for ramming.
At least for those of us who are not that great yet, it would make us feel a bit less guilty for ruining someone's race if we have a rough start....I just started using a wheel for the first time and realized I need to re-learn from scratch....no way I'm going into a public lobby until I can put the car exactly where I want it...But I sure would like to be able to use this as a racing simulator, not a pit simulator....cause that is what it is for me right now.

NutsMammoth
12-08-2015, 12:53
You hope you can have clean races with invincible cars in public lobbies?

http://img.pandawhale.com/80451-goodfellas-laughing-gif-Imgur-mWjs.gif

In this case, no need to be fairplay and clean, just push other cars on the grass to overtake, driving in the wrong direction in order to crash the race, etc...

Anyway, don't ask people hosting to turn off full damage, just create your own lobby with your own settings, problem solved (or join a clean drivers club playing in private lobbies).

CopperySinger5
13-08-2015, 11:21
I echo this. And this is coming from a player (me) who is at best average, but I do try to race as clean as possible. I occasionally cause contact not because I'm a rammer, but because I make some honest mistakes. When it happens, I always make sure to cede the position to the guy I hit. However off the start grid, I see myself always getting hit. Every single time. (Usually cause I start in the middle of the grid because my qualis are mediocre) I do everything I can not to hit anyone, and my times suffer, but it's better than being hated for ramming.
At least for those of us who are not that great yet, it would make us feel a bit less guilty for ruining someone's race if we have a rough start....I just started using a wheel for the first time and realized I need to re-learn from scratch....no way I'm going into a public lobby until I can put the car exactly where I want it...But I sure would like to be able to use this as a racing simulator, not a pit simulator....cause that is what it is for me right now.

Qualify last, grab some popcorn wait and watch the fireworks at the green light. About 5 seconds later carefully drive past the debris.

CopperySinger5
13-08-2015, 11:22
champion racers in the making... I'd say practice, practice, practice; things will get better, trust me.

I know it can be a pain, and also just as painful to find a decent lobby
If the 75% practice with the "Bad AI" (with damage on) and gradually increase difficulty settings, this will improve your online racing experience. I know the AI may have a questionable behavior but this will prepare racers to survive online, so in a sense this makes the AI good for that reason.

Struggling off the line: be sure to qualify first or second tier, if not then qualify last place in order to avoid the pile-up.
The host more than likely set damage on so that the 75% that haven't put practice in would disqualify themselves before they forget to use their brakes at the first corner lol. Because if they stomp on the accelerator at the green light, chances are they will also forget to brake early at the very first corner.

satco1066
17-08-2015, 09:07
champion racers in the making... I'd say practice, practice, practice; things will get better, trust me.

I know it can be a pain, and also just as painful to find a decent lobby
If the 75% practice with the "Bad AI" (with damage on) and gradually increase difficulty settings, this will improve your online racing experience. I know the AI may have a questionable behavior but this will prepare racers to survive online, so in a sense this makes the AI good for that reason.

Struggling off the line: be sure to qualify first or second tier, if not then qualify last place in order to avoid the pile-up.
The host more than likely set damage on so that the 75% that haven't put practice in would disqualify themselves before they forget to use their brakes at the first corner lol. Because if they stomp on the accelerator at the green light, chances are they will also forget to brake early at the very first corner.

That does not help, if you go to a public lobby and a dumb idiot crashes you after 10 seconds. Youre out and the other guy can possibly end the race.

Henrique Clausing
17-08-2015, 12:06
Seriously, STOP IT. You KNOW that 75% of the racers can't start the FA car off the line without putting it nose into a wall, and on the grid that translates to running right into the car next to you, causing a pile up, and destroying any clean racers on the grid who actually know what they are doing.

Because unless you are in the top 5, maybe, it's impossible to get off the grid unscathed you gotta drive the first lap at 70-20% of your undamaged speed (with the car virtually uncontrollable), pit in, and by that time the race is ruined for you.

STOP IT. Do whatever you want for private races, but STOP TURNING ON FULL DAMAGE IN PUBLIC FA RACES, YOU ARE JUST RUINING THE RACE FOR EVERYONE. SERIOUSLY. CUT IT OUT.

Why you didn't create your own lobby without damage instead of crying for not complete a lap without crashes?

N0body Of The Goat
17-08-2015, 15:43
I would dearly love to be able to filter "pro" servers where...

Damage is full
Mechanical damage is on
Assists are real
Tyre wear can be anything except off or slow (I like setting wear according to how much of the real race we are doing eg. 11 laps of Spa (25% of real race) gets x4 wear

You then enter a "pro" server knowing what the consequences are and you take care at the race start etc.

bc525
19-08-2015, 20:08
I agree with the OP ... but for a different reason. I've had reasonably good experiences with open lobbies in FA and damage turned on. Usually the players that were struggling with the FA cars couldn't qualify very good and were at the back of the grid. Of course there was the occasional contact that ended someone's race, but hey, that happens and it is part of motorsports.

The disaster that I encountered was a lobby of FA cars with damage turned on just attracted the rammers, wreckers, parkers, trolls, etc. They flocked to that room because they could have a grand time intentionally ruining everyone else's race. After a couple of races of that the lobby host turned damage to "visual only" and like a nice cool breeze, the trolls all immediately left the room.