PDA

View Full Version : Changing weather race help

andyrog10
10-08-2015, 19:45
I am having problems and i dont know what i am doing wrong, i will qualify 1st be leading in a 3 lap race and then it rains, well i might as well retire because the car is undriveable and everyone goes past me, this happens on every track whatever car i drive, i dont have time to go into the pits and change tyres so how can i possible win these races.

Any help much appreciated

rgds
Andy

KK78
10-08-2015, 19:49
Known issue mate, some cars turn into hippos on a frozen lake in the wet and the Ai often go on as if it's still sunny- the next patch is supposed to address it, I actually found it had improved since the last patch but only in the open wheel and higher GT cars, the Clios, Ginettas and stuff still go west when the heavens open

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 19:50
DO you have the tyres set to automatic by weather? If not my guess is that it rains in the first 2 laps, the AI will then start on rain tires and destroy you once it starts.

andyrog10
11-08-2015, 18:31
Known issue mate, some cars turn into hippos on a frozen lake in the wet and the Ai often go on as if it's still sunny- the next patch is supposed to address it, I actually found it had improved since the last patch but only in the open wheel and higher GT cars, the Clios, Ginettas and stuff still go west when the heavens open

much appreciated for the feedback

andyrog10
11-08-2015, 18:32
much appreciated i will check, thank you for your help

Nats
13-08-2015, 11:59

I find I can drive the Clios perfectly well in dry or rain but then my set up always has the brake balance moved to the front to make the cars slightly better balanced (I hate the default brake balance) and I have softer tyre pressures etc than the default. I see only a little change when in wet tyres compared to slicks when in light rain, obviously standing water becomes an issue eventually. I think its all about making the car a little softer than default so it doesnt respond too sharply. You just need to find your personal setup. Cant beat driving round and round in the same car on the same track trying out different weather conditions to get a setup that works for you. Dont leave it on default though.

And to prove my point I tried a completely new car with the default set up around Watkins Glen in light rain yesterday - an Audi GT car - and I found it completely uncontrollable. The default set up is pretty rubbish especially in the wet.

andyrog10
13-08-2015, 17:54
Thank you for the advice

PFalcon
13-08-2015, 18:47
In a 3 lap race, why not just start with rain tires, since tire wear is not really an issue on such a short stint. That way, if it rains you will be prepared and no real harm if it stays dry... In longer races, you can afford to change tires in the pits as the weather changes (along with the AI).

Raven403
13-08-2015, 18:50
As was said, best thing to do is use Auto by Weather that way you get the same tires AI does

Plage
13-08-2015, 20:25
I find I can drive the Clios perfectly well in dry or rain but then my set up always has the brake balance moved to the front to make the cars slightly better balanced (I hate the default brake balance) and I have softer tyre pressures etc than the default. I see only a little change when in wet tyres compared to slicks when in light rain, obviously standing water becomes an issue eventually. I think its all about making the car a little softer than default so it doesnt respond too sharply. You just need to find your personal setup. Cant beat driving round and round in the same car on the same track trying out different weather conditions to get a setup that works for you. Dont leave it on default though.

And to prove my point I tried a completely new car with the default set up around Watkins Glen in light rain yesterday - an Audi GT car - and I found it completely uncontrollable. The default set up is pretty rubbish especially in the wet.

With cars like Clios maybe but try this in a historical Lotus F1 and then come back and tell us how it went.

In a 3 lap race, why not just start with rain tires, since tire wear is not really an issue on such a short stint. That way, if it rains you will be prepared and no real harm if it stays dry... In longer races, you can afford to change tires in the pits as the weather changes (along with the AI).

Tried that in career mode in a 3 lap race at Zolder with historical F1s where it started to rain at the end of the first lap. The rain tyres are not an option there as they'll overheat within half a lap already and the handling is generally subpar (car will be all over the place if you try to reach the limits) so you can't keep the other cars with slicks at bay (in the dry).
If you instead start with slicks the last lap becomes a game of (Russian) roulette with the AI overtaking you like they're driving on rails (on slicks mind you).

I don't get how this could have been overlooked during the development and during the time the game is out and will only get adressed with the next patch (hopefully).