PDA

View Full Version : Player gets unfair advantage in qualifying.

pigsy
11-08-2015, 03:21
I just won the Historic Group 5 Pan-Euro Cup by unfair means on 2 occasions over the AI that was set at 99%.
The final race was at Imola and quallifying started out with light rain. I was doing laps at the back of the field in 16th, when the track started to dry. I immediately hit the ESC to deliver me back into the pits (xbox and ps4 would have a similar function). Beating the AI back into the pit allowed me to get onto dry weather tyres and do a dry lap that got me into 5th grid position. I only got 1 lap because it soon started to rain again then the session ended. If the AI wanted to change tyres which many did they had to drive back into the pits whilst I was able to magically transport there.
IMO the ESC to pit function should be disabled in qualifying.
The second way I had an unfair advantage was being able to screw the boost pressure up on the BMW to 2.7 bar in setup prior to the race. So whilst I had 483hp at my disposal the AI had 417hp. Blasting off the line from 5th position I was first going into the first corner. Race over.
I do wish the AI could screw up the boost like the player can and incur the inherited risks of doing so. Or have the player boost restricted on turbo cars so it's an even playing field.

bodyshop
11-08-2015, 06:49
I just won the Historic Group 5 Pan-Euro Cup by unfair means on 2 occasions over the AI that was set at 99%.
The final race was at Imola and quallifying started out with light rain. I was doing laps at the back of the field in 16th, when the track started to dry. I immediately hit the ESC to deliver me back into the pits (xbox and ps4 would have a similar function). Beating the AI back into the pit allowed me to get onto dry weather tyres and do a dry lap that got me into 5th grid position. I only got 1 lap because it soon started to rain again then the session ended. If the AI wanted to change tyres which many did they had to drive back into the pits whilst I was able to magically transport there.
The second way I had an unfair advantage was being able to screw the boost pressure up on the BMW to 2.7 bar in setup prior to the race. So whilst I had 483hp at my disposal the AI had 417hp. Blasting off the line from 5th position I was first going into the first corner. Race over.
I do wish the AI could screw up the boost like the player can and incur the inherited risks of doing so. Or have the player boost restricted on turbo cars so it's an even playing field.

Well its in yours hands, you didn't HAVE to up the boost, you don't HAVE to cheat fast way to the pits (drive around to pits then press ESC)... like people who moan about assists or the rewind button on games...JUST DONT USE IT!:)

TrevorAustin
11-08-2015, 09:49

Just don't cheat. I honestly don't get your post, just because you can cheat doesn't mean you have to or even should. Seriously, what a very strange post.

Bealdor
11-08-2015, 09:54

AFAIK player and AI always use the same boost pressures. At least that's what I read at WMD. I'll ask the devs about this.

pigsy
11-08-2015, 13:49
My point is if someone is looking for the most realistic racing experience possible dare say it a simulation you shouldn't be able to teleport into the pits to gain an advantage. You should be forced to abide by the rules of the AI.
Similarly the engine performance of the AI and player car should be the same.

Lagoa
11-08-2015, 14:33
what's a boost pressure?

MrFlibble81
11-08-2015, 14:43
what's a boost pressure?

I'm guessing something to do with a turbo. I wasn't aware you could change this though.

PFalcon
11-08-2015, 15:10
My point is if someone is looking for the most realistic racing experience possible dare say it a simulation you shouldn't be able to teleport into the pits to gain an advantage. You should be forced to abide by the rules of the AI.
Similarly the engine performance of the AI and player car should be the same.

I would restate as... "if someone is looking for the most realistic racing experience possible dare say it a simulation you shouldn't use "cheats" like teleport into the pits to gain an advantage"

Having the option to teleport doesn't force you to use it. For those people looking for a bit less "simulation", those cheats are there, just like driving assists... Just because you don't use them (and I don't either) doesn't mean they have no place in the GAME.

MXR SMILER
11-08-2015, 15:26
just a note to no-one in particular - Cheat - To violate the rules of a game or competition Dishonestly - to deceive or swindle - to deprive (somebody) of something by deceit or fraud.
I know how I want to play - How about you? Does it feel GOOD to be one of these people? If it does I think u need professional help......

Grijo
11-08-2015, 16:04
I'm guessing something to do with a turbo. I wasn't aware you could change this though.

In some cars you can change the turbo wastegate pressure (higher or lower value) like in Zakspeed Capri for example.

Bouyo
11-08-2015, 23:44
I think the OP has some interesting points. I don't agree with the people who suggest that he's just cheating. We all know full well that this game can be tailored to suit different drivers abilities via the AI slider and driver assists, however these settings are quite realistic and have real-life equivalents like such as traction control and poor competitions. What isn't realistic is being able to 'jump' back to the pits when real-time effects such as weather are in place.

pigsy
12-08-2015, 00:41
Wastegate pressure, has the same effect to adjust turbo boost pressure. Some cars's it's fixed like the Ruf CTR3, some are adjustable like the BMW 320 Group 5. In both cases the Player car produces more horsepower than the AI. See http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36640-Ruf-CTR3-too-much-power-compared-to-AI
With the BMW you have to turn up the pressure in setup though.
Haven't tested all turbo cars but the last time I looked the Lotus 86T had the same problem.

Psychomatrix
12-08-2015, 07:30
You can't drive a race with full wastegate pressure because the turbo fails after a couple of laps. It's a strategic element that you can use in multiplayer. When you drive with high wastegate pressure than you have more fuel consumption and more tyre wear. So in endurance races this can be very interesting. To remove this feature would be ridiculous. Nobody have to use it. If you set the Ai Slider to 0 you have an advantage against the ai too.

In reality you can change the pressure while you on the circuit. Examples are the renault 98t or the zackspeed capri. I think the sauber c9 has this option too.

pigsy
12-08-2015, 07:43
No reliability problems on the invitational events at 100% distance in the BMW320 G5. Pretty sure I won the Lotus 98T trophy too running big boost pressure. They're only between 6-10 laps anyway. Are there even any endurance events for the historic cars in career? But yes longer races would be a problem.
Would be nice if the AI could use high boost too when needed. Maybe Pcars2.

bodyshop
12-08-2015, 08:05
This never seems to bother Hamilton or Roseburg......

TrevorAustin
12-08-2015, 08:15
You can't drive a race with full wastegate pressure because the turbo fails after a couple of laps. It's a strategic element that you can use in multiplayer. When you drive with high wastegate pressure than you have more fuel consumption and more tyre wear. So in endurance races this can be very interesting. To remove this feature would be ridiculous. Nobody have to use it. If you set the Ai Slider to 0 you have an advantage against the ai too.

In reality you can change the pressure while you on the circuit. Examples are the renault 98t or the zackspeed capri. I think the sauber c9 has this option too.

That will only work if you have damage and mechanical failures on though I think.

Paulo Ribeiro
12-08-2015, 08:24
This never seems to bother Hamilton or Roseburg......

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6_VLQrF_Y4s/VTFTThgYPaI/AAAAAAAAC9E/3zfK07Tww1Y/s1600/USHB_slide_roseburg.jpg