PDA

View Full Version : How can I add more steering lock?

dizralph
11-08-2015, 06:17
Is there a setting where i can adjust the steering lock, i noticed i have a large steering radius on most cars and it doesnt help with counter steering. Any advice?

TheReaper GT
11-08-2015, 06:21
Controller or wheel?

Neil Bateman
11-08-2015, 06:25
Reduce Steering ratio, do you use a wheel or controller?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
11-08-2015, 06:55
All cars have a maximum steering lock that depends on the car (how quickly the suspension binds up, when the wheels hit the wheel well, etc.), which isn't something you can adjust. Your controller needs to be set up correctly for you to reach it though, and the steering ratio set to quick enough as well. If your controllers are set up correctly, you're getting the realistic amount of steering lock out of the cars.

danowat
11-08-2015, 08:46
Reduce Steering ratio, do you use a wheel or controller?

Steering ratio doesn't change the amount of lock, just the amount of turns of the wheel from lock to lock.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
11-08-2015, 09:04
Steering ratio doesn't change the amount of lock, just the amount of turns of the wheel from lock to lock.Exactly, though admittedly if you use a slow enough steering ratio (for example a car that has 30 degrees of steering lock and a 20:1 steering ratio = 1200 degrees of rotation on the wheel for the whole range) you might only be able to access a portion of the steering lock on the car.