PDA

View Full Version : Lost everything and now I am losing my patience!

WRT IVORBIGUN
11-08-2015, 21:53
So far this week playing Project Cars has been a nightmare. During Sunday night/Monday night only managed to complete 2 online races due to being disconnected from the sessions. So that equals around 4hrs of gaming totally wasted.

Tonight it just gets worse. After a spell of hotlapping in time trials I was constantly experiencing the game freezing upon exiting from the time trial. After loading Project Cars once again I discover my gamesave would not load. Tried to recover from cloud but that was also corrupted. So I have now lost everything, all my career and tuning set ups and have to start again.

Just to make matters worse I still haven't heard anything from SMS with regards to my prize after obtaining No1 in the "Wind Rider" community event!

So you could say I am far from happy and despite often defending Project Cars and the SMS development team, I am now beginning to lost my patience!!!

Schnizz58
11-08-2015, 22:42
I've lost my setups twice now so I feel for you. It might not help much but you're not alone.

OpticalHercules
11-08-2015, 22:52
I've lost it 4 times now... Definitely feel for you.

OverHaased
12-08-2015, 00:43
Calm yourself, this will all be worked out.

in Project Cars 2

OpticalHercules
12-08-2015, 01:27
Edit: See post #13.

Rockefelluh
12-08-2015, 02:39
Anyone who sits around the forum knows he was joking from the start hah. It was sorta funny.

OP, you're feelings of the game are shared by many.

one1two
12-08-2015, 03:23
Anyone who sits around the forum knows he was joking from the start hah. It was sorta funny.

OP, you're feelings of the game are shared by many.

Does get old when it's a modified version of the same "joke" again and again.

Brent G
12-08-2015, 06:45
Does get old when it's a modified version of the same "joke" again and again.

People are pissed off though mate, should they not be allowed to have a dig here and there?

MysterG
12-08-2015, 07:26
People are pissed off though mate, should they not be allowed to have a dig here and there?

Not if it disrupts the forum for others, no.

Psychomatrix
12-08-2015, 07:54
Why this major bug is not listed in the known issues on xb1???? I've lost my gamesave too after 120 hrs. This is one of the bugs that should be on the top of the list that should be fixed. I've reported that many times and others too. Same is with the skipped gears while downshifting on the controller. That issue isn't fixed and not listed anymore in known issues list on xb1. When I lose my gamesave again, then after 180+ hrs, I'm really stop playing the game. It's really unacceptable after 3 months.

Brent G
12-08-2015, 08:21
Not if it disrupts the forum for others, no.

Disruptive, come on it was a little joke are we not supposed be unhappy at the multitude of issues this title brings to the table? Is only praise allowed? If people are abusive or troublesome then yes that's disruptive but to call someone's light hearted dig disruptive is a tad OTT don't you think?

birel
12-08-2015, 08:32
Is this problem being looked at or even acknowledged by the team? Or is it just another xbox problem that you can't do anything about?

OpticalHercules
12-08-2015, 08:35
It's really not listed in the known issues?! I'm sure I'm not the only poster who's never even seen/looked at that thread as I fear it's just another long running rant about the problems in this game. But seriously, the cloud corruption issue isn't even listed?

Christ, I just looked and with most recent update being Aug.1, HOW THE HELL HAS THIS NOT BEEN ELEVATED, MODS?! It's been a well known issue since before it was thought that saving many replays corrupted the cloud file, but myself and several others have PROVEN that it is not solely related to replay saves. There have probably been more distinct threads on this one issue alone in the entire tech support subforum than any other single issue.

I'm sorry, Overhaased. I incorrectly assumed that some mod or SMS employee might have noticed at least ONE of the multitude of posts on this issue.

Just went to the beginning of the of Tech Support forum, and the earliest reference I've found that could possibly be save file corruption (based on his resolution) was May 11, 2015.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23969-im-still-stuck-at-the-start-screen-i-have-the-digital-edition

1 day over 3 months since this issue first appeared, and it's not even mentioned in the official Known Issues thread. Has no official of this forum EVER put two and two together and realized how many people/issues are having to delete their cloud data to get their game working again?!

I'm trying so hard not to go into an expletive filled rant at the moment... Going to turn the PC off now, and have faith that when I wake up in the morning there will be some answer of substance on this issue from someone who matters over at SMS.

MysterG
12-08-2015, 09:01
I highlighted this thread internally earlier, before your new post.

AFAIK this issues is wrapped up in the last item on the Known issues list. Game Stops Saving which includes in the link references to load/saving/cloud corruption.

I can't speak for the other MODs but I don't recall coming across this issues overly other than reading posts where someone solved it by deleting their save.

I do understand your frustration, but I hope that you can also see that posts, like that from Overhaased, only serve to make this forum really hard to read and detract from being able to see the real issues.
There is only so much crap we can wade through before the important stuff starts to get lost.

ciderman9000000
12-08-2015, 09:03
Project Cars is a failure.

Bealdor
12-08-2015, 09:05

Why do you care? You were refunded (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33667-AI-in-Rain-So-glad-its-getting-fixed-Blooming-fuming!!!&p=1027292#post1027292) anyway.

TrevorAustin
12-08-2015, 09:20

So you got a refund for your game, don't play it any more, but care enough to carry on trying to disrupt and be negative. says a lot about you doesn't it.

ciderman9000000
12-08-2015, 09:33
I always cared about the game and I continue to do so. I'm a lifelong gamer, of course I care about games.

Being negative doesn't equate to being disruptive, you're wrong about that. Take a look around this Xbox Sub-Forum and you'll see very little except abject negativity towards the game, a wave of negativity that's increasing in veracity all the time as more and more pCars players come to terms with the fact that the game has been an absolute letdown. It's important that this message gets across to SMS. People are not happy at all and SMS need to learn from their mistakes or else the series will soon be completely dead. If anything it's the game itself that's been disruptive, so it's some cheek to then label those complaining about it as such themselves.

MysterG
12-08-2015, 09:38
I always cared about the game and I continue to do so. I'm a lifelong gamer, of course I care about games.

Being negative doesn't equate to being disruptive, you're wrong about that.

It does when your post consists of "Project Cars is a failure. " exactly the crap that diverts attention and ruins this place.

TrevorAustin
12-08-2015, 09:49

Being negative doesn't equate to being disruptive, you're wrong about that. Take a look around this Xbox Sub-Forum and you'll see very little except abject negativity towards the game, a wave of negativity that's increasing in veracity all the time as more and more pCars players come to terms with the fact that the game has been an absolute letdown. It's important that this message gets across to SMS. People are not happy at all and SMS need to learn from their mistakes or else the series will soon be completely dead. If anything it's the game itself that's been disruptive, so it's some cheek to then label those complaining about it as such themselves.

You tried the game, wasn't good enough for you and got a refund, at least you claimed you had. So none of your post explains what you're doing here, other than being a negative disruptive ****.

I'm a gamer but I'm not posting on the codemasters forum because I wasted my money on F1 2015, it will never be what I want so consigned to the electronic dustbin. Just get over it.

Edit: oh! bye.

Pink_650S
12-08-2015, 10:13
Any chance that this is MS' or the console's fault?
Cant think of any of these threads in the PS4 or PC section.
Just a thought... So might not be an issue entirely on SMS' end.

KK78
12-08-2015, 10:50
You're not looking hard enough in the PS4 section Pink ;)

The Xbox One very similar to the PS4 so I doubt it lies at MS's door.

Raven403
12-08-2015, 10:54
Any chance that this is MS' or the console's fault?
Cant think of any of these threads in the PS4 or PC section.
Just a thought... So might not be an issue entirely on SMS' end.

It COULD be, just like alot of things could be. It seems no one really optimized the game for Xbox1, like at all. It's been a mess every step of the way.

I haven't done career in a long time, because my game save got corrupted, twice. Then I lost EVERYTHING because the game tried to save a half hour replay 15 times......resulting in my entire game save being lost, so no more tunes.

Now all I do is practice for league races in free practice and race on Sunday nights. Not exactly a vast wide reaching gaming experience. I still haven't seen anyone take any sort of blame or accept responsibility for just HOW bad it's been, continues to be on Xbox. But I guess it could be worse, I could have a WiiU

And before I get a bunch of responses telling me to be patient and it's only been 3 months blah blah blah. Keep it to yourself, I'm plenty patient and am still waiting and playing the game, but it's getting more and more difficult to contain my growing frustration with the list of problems. I'm a member for Pcars2 I don't want Pcars to fail and want nothing but success for the franchise, but I really find it hard to be endlessly optimistic about shit. When I have no reason to be.

Also, and this is my biggest spot of contention, there has been NO communication about why multiplayer is so terrible, or when if at all it will get better. A lobby browser won't help stability and THAT'S what's killing multiplayer. But I won't derail this thread with that because there are two already that continue to go unanswered.

birel
12-08-2015, 11:01
Piss off ciderman stop trolling problem threads, your a twat!!

So because one person solved he's issue by deleting the cloud save or whatever then that's as far as it got? It hasn't worked for me and have had to start from the beginning four or five times now and is getting a bit of a drag to start another career. hope its being looked into?

Roger Prynne
12-08-2015, 11:09

So because one person solved he's issue by deleting the cloud save or whatever then that's as far as it got? It hasn't worked for me and have had to start from the beginning four or five times now and is getting a bit of a drag to start another career. hope its being looked into?

No need for that birel, keep it clean please.

FA RACING 01
12-08-2015, 11:18
It COULD be, just like alot of things could be. It seems no one really optimized the game for Xbox1, like at all.

I tend to agree with that. Problem is who's at fault. Let's say a software programmer writes a security app for three different cellphone service providers, let's say provider A, provider B and provider C who each use different software on their phones. Now if the security app works very well on phones for A and B, but not at all on C's phones, who's fault is it. Is it C who's phones are just not on level standard with A and B or is it the software programmer that struggles to get it to work on the specific nature of C's phones.

So yes it might or might not be a Xbox problem [as in the case of provider C in my hypothetic], but that per se does not say who's at fault. I think we will never know, so each one his own and just carry on or away.

Raven403
12-08-2015, 11:23
I tend to agree with that. Problem is who's at fault. Let's say a software programmer writes a security app for three different cellphone service providers, let's say provider A, provider B and provider C who each use different software on their phones. Now if the security app works very well on phones for A and B, but not at all on C's phones, who's fault is it. Is it C who's phones are just not on level standard with A and B or is it the software programmer that struggles to get it to work on the specific nature of C's phones.

So yes it might or might not be a Xbox problem [as in the case of provider C in my hypothetic], but that per se does not say who's at fault. I think we will never know, so each one his own and just carry on or away.

I'll tell you.

Microsoft and Sony provide platforms and structure to build with, it's up to the person using those things to make them work with each. We were told the game wasn't 'ported' to each console, but built from the ground up. So it's SMS'S fault, sorry it just is. What is MS supposed to do, change their structure because one studio couldn't optimize their game on it? Nope. It's up to devs to use the tools provided

FA RACING 01
12-08-2015, 11:35
I'll tell you.

Microsoft and Sony provide platforms and structure to build with, it's up to the person using those things to make them work with each. We were told the game wasn't 'ported' to each console, but built from the ground up. So it's SMS'S fault, sorry it just is. What is MS supposed to do, change their structure because one studio couldn't optimize their game on it? Nope. It's up to devs to use the tools provided

That was kinda exactly my thoughts too.

Psychomatrix
12-08-2015, 11:39
I highlighted this thread internally earlier, before your new post.

AFAIK this issues is wrapped up in the last item on the Known issues list. Game Stops Saving which includes in the link references to load/saving/cloud corruption.

I can't speak for the other MODs but I don't recall coming across this issues overly other than reading posts where someone solved it by deleting their save.

I do understand your frustration, but I hope that you can also see that posts, like that from Overhaased, only serve to make this forum really hard to read and detract from being able to see the real issues.
There is only so much crap we can wade through before the important stuff starts to get lost.

Game stops saving describe not gamesave corrupted. So everyone who had that issue opening a new thread and the discussion starts from new. How should I know that more than one issue is collected behind game stops saving. Maybe the structure of the forum and how bugs been collected are bring much more confusion than a guy who make a joke. Sometimes this much more helpful than too see everything from the serious side.

EMW Grogan
12-08-2015, 11:59
Hard to argue against that Raven.

But I'm sure the usual suspects will have a go.....

OverHaased
12-08-2015, 14:21
Seriously? I received an infraction for my post above?

I quit posting with bug reports or complaints about how difficult this game has been to use. I have devolved to just making snarky funny comments at a rate of what? 2 a week. The rest of the time I just participate in conversations.

This overhanded slap of handing out an infraction for having a small gentle jab......

It would be acceptable if the Moderators were even close to fair, yet when another member blatantly breaks a forum rule like this;

he receives no "infraction" just a posted warning?

Am I the only person that sees the heavily biased and one-sided administration of this forums rule by the moderators?

If I become a fanboy and attack viciously every person that posts negative comments about this game could I then have unlimited editorial liberties??

Geesh this is what I wake up too.

MysterG
12-08-2015, 14:27
You have been banned before and have been asked to behave with this new ID. If you choose not to then fine.
Random snide gentle jabs posting across multiple threads (3 in the past 24 hrs is not 2 a week) do nothing to improve this place but just serve to derail every thread from it's intended course, and are far more damaging to the forum than random outbursts.

You have made it quite clear you don't like the mods here. I wonder why you choose to stay.

OverHaased
12-08-2015, 14:39
You have been banned before and have been asked to behave with this new ID. If you choose not to then fine.
Random snide gentle jabs posting across multiple threads (3 in the past 24 hrs is not 2 a week) do nothing to improve this place but just serve to derail every thread from it's intended course, and are far more damaging to the forum than random outbursts.

You have made it quite clear you don't like the mods here. I wonder why you choose to stay.

I stay because I have an active interest in this game, I have friends I have met here and play this game with in my home on my console using the game I bought.

You are wrong about me disliking moderators.

Moderators have a difficult tasks. I am a moderator on a SCCA drivers forum.

You don't like me, fine I understand this. You get very hostile if anyone suggest you might possibly be a bit biased. Fine that is your nature.

So you have very little empathy for us "less-satisfied users" again fine. However if I get an infraction without so much as a polite PM ever,.. you can't see how it might seem a tad overhanded from my side of the equation?

OverHaased
12-08-2015, 14:45
FYI I only found the post in this thread and one other that was remotely a jab in the last 48 hours.

yesterday

It will be worked out completely in P Cars 2

What did I miss?

Is my pet hamster using this PC again without logging me out?

o2R Dsquared 07
12-08-2015, 15:37
For those saying the game is a failure, that's only an opinion and it differs from my opinion. The game is a hell of a lot better than I ever expected. I love driving in this game and tuning my car. It's an absolute blast. I've had the game crash/freeze a few more times than I'd like and the fact that the "drive" feature doesn't work when you join an already in progress lobby is a pain, but I guess I'm more easy going as it doesn't bother me too much. The bits I love far outweighs these problems.

EMW Grogan
12-08-2015, 16:59
For those saying the game is a failure, that's only an opinion and it differs from my opinion. The game is a hell of a lot better than I ever expected. I love driving in this game and tuning my car. It's an absolute blast. I've had the game crash/freeze a few more times than I'd like and the fact that the "drive" feature doesn't work when you join an already in progress lobby is a pain, but I guess I'm more easy going as it doesn't bother me too much. The bits I love far outweighs these problems.

O2R, While i wish to take nothing away from your enjoyment of the game and im glad you like it, but to say its 'a hell of a lot better than i expected' boggles my mind.

Just how bad did you think it was going to be? In your mind how shocking could it have been? I dread to think.

Out of curiosity, did you purchase it......oh wait your on PC. Ive heard its not so bad on PC

OpticalHercules
12-08-2015, 17:48
O2R, While i wish to take nothing away from your enjoyment of the game and im glad you like it, but to say its 'a hell of a lot better than i expected' boggles my mind.

Out of curiosity, did you purchase it......oh wait your on PC. Ive heard its not so bad on PC

I agree with his statement, even as an Xbox Only player. The GAMEPLAY is much more than I expected, and I really do enjoy playing this game. I have no complaints at all with the gameplay, only with the issues that impact that gameplay. Those issues will be worked out at one point or another.

I have wished I could switch to PC, but I made a dumb choice and bought the 458 Spider Wheel which doesn't work with pc. I do love the wheel for what it does, but it unfortunately doesn't do that...

TrevorAustin
12-08-2015, 20:00
I agree with his statement, even as an Xbox Only player. The GAMEPLAY is much more than I expected, and I really do enjoy playing this game. I have no complaints at all with the gameplay, only with the issues that impact that gameplay. Those issues will be worked out at one point or another.

I have wished I could switch to PC, but I made a dumb choice and bought the 458 Spider Wheel which doesn't work with pc. I do love the wheel for what it does, but it unfortunately doesn't do that...

Agreed, there have been frustrations but overall a better experience than I'd hoped for, an experiment has become a serious long term hobby.
The frustrations are easing, and i think about to take a great battering, but even the first week was so much better than any of the half dozen racing games I'd purchased waiting for it to come out.

WRT IVORBIGUN
12-08-2015, 22:49
Well another day passes and my irritation becomes ever greater because I still haven't recieved any word from SMS with regards to prize for the "Wind Rider" event.

May I ask the community to do me a favour.

If you look back at the "Wind Rider" community event you will see the description of Thrustmaster Gear prizes and also note its says for more info see facebook/projectcars events. Now I have looked and cannot see this event mentioned anywhere! I don't often use Facebook and would appreciate if the community could help me find any info on this?

I do need another favour from the community and I shall explain why. Obtaining No1 on the XB1 was an incredible challenge and if you look back at the event leadeboard you will see how close it was. What made this an even greater challenge is using a controller resulted in me overheating my tyres and if I had used a wheel it would of been much easier. Infact the last 1 min of the lap was done with all 4 tyres being red! To keep the lap clean and fast towards the end was very challenging.

So my favour is this. Please keep this thread alive and support me in getting a response from SMS. Just imagine if you were in my position and recieved no news, I am sure you would find it equally annoying. All I want to know is have I won a prize? If not what was the criteria for winning the Thrustmaster gear. Any reply is better than being left dangling like this considering this event finished over 2 weeks ago!

EMW Grogan
13-08-2015, 07:55
Agreed, there have been frustrations but overall a better experience than I'd hoped for, an experiment has become a serious long term hobby.
The frustrations are easing, and i think about to take a great battering, but even the first week was so much better than any of the half dozen racing games I'd purchased waiting for it to come out.

Can't see what has eased. In fact things have got worse ( tune saving )

The only noticeable thing I have really seen improve (xbox) is that the frame rate is improved. Tracks still cuttable, the stutter, landmines, sound glitch, lobby lock, can't find online lobbies, tune saves, pit issues, dashboard crashes...The list is endless

Patch 3.0 at this time is theoretical, until it drops who knows what really will stay fixed, and what new issues it could throw up.

o2R Dsquared 07
13-08-2015, 10:40

Just how bad did you think it was going to be? In your mind how shocking could it have been? I dread to think.

Actually I play on Xbox 1 with a controller. I don't have a PC. I expected the handling of the cars to be more arcadey, but I was very wrong. I love it.

Psychomatrix
13-08-2015, 10:56
Actually I play on Xbox 1 with a controller. I don't have a PC. I expected the handling of the cars to be more arcadey, but I was very wrong. I love it.

Then you should add xbox instead pc as plattform to prevent misunderstandings ;)

Roger Prynne
13-08-2015, 13:06
Well another day passes and my irritation becomes ever greater because I still haven't recieved any word from SMS with regards to prize for the "Wind Rider" event.

May I ask the community to do me a favour.

If you look back at the "Wind Rider" community event you will see the description of Thrustmaster Gear prizes and also note its says for more info see facebook/projectcars events. Now I have looked and cannot see this event mentioned anywhere! I don't often use Facebook and would appreciate if the community could help me find any info on this?

I do need another favour from the community and I shall explain why. Obtaining No1 on the XB1 was an incredible challenge and if you look back at the event leadeboard you will see how close it was. What made this an even greater challenge is using a controller resulted in me overheating my tyres and if I had used a wheel it would of been much easier. Infact the last 1 min of the lap was done with all 4 tyres being red! To keep the lap clean and fast towards the end was very challenging.

So my favour is this. Please keep this thread alive and support me in getting a response from SMS. Just imagine if you were in my position and recieved no news, I am sure you would find it equally annoying. All I want to know is have I won a prize? If not what was the criteria for winning the Thrustmaster gear. Any reply is better than being left dangling like this considering this event finished over 2 weeks ago!

I've raised the subject internally and hopefully you will get some sort of response soon.

Rob Prange
13-08-2015, 15:18
This is being investigated as we speak..

Liquid7394
13-08-2015, 15:48
Really Mods? No infraction for that? Unbelievable, double standards much?

Umer Ahmad
13-08-2015, 15:57
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36927-Lost-everything-and-now-I-am-losing-my-patience!&p=1081200&viewfull=1#post1081200

OverHaased
13-08-2015, 16:59
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36927-Lost-everything-and-now-I-am-losing-my-patience!&p=1081200&viewfull=1#post1081200

yea I make a joking comment without attacking a single human being and received an infraction. This guy got a verbal warning..

Roger Prynne
13-08-2015, 18:11
Get over it and move on please.

OverHaased
13-08-2015, 18:24
Get over it and move on please.

Fair enough, I have.

D1rty Duck UK
14-08-2015, 13:14
i got an infraction for saying the music in the game is poop

Raven403
14-08-2015, 13:16
i got an infraction for saying the music in the game is poop

Isn't there one song? I've only ever heard 1

That reminds me I'd the Audio on the Ginetta GT3 bugged? Cuz it sounds it

D1rty Duck UK
14-08-2015, 17:26
Isn't there one song? I've only ever heard 1

That reminds me I'd the Audio on the Ginetta GT3 bugged? Cuz it sounds it

That was my reason for saying its poop, but as it's written/preformed by someone's wife at SMS I'm not allowed to say it's poop. That got me an infraction for being honest.

Iantugmaster
16-12-2015, 03:11
I lost my save too mate. I hear SMS has been working on this for 7 months or so...

RacerPaul65
16-12-2015, 10:17
as I've said many times...

for me personally, losing my save isn't an issue because there are no unlockables in the game

the game is very, very wonky at times lol

that said, the actual driving experience in pCARS is the best on console at this point in time