PDA

View Full Version : Possible to get this view on xbox version?

Mmahockey
12-08-2015, 00:54
I recently saw this video and was wondering if it's possible to set the camera to this view?
http://youtu.be/eJKuIQttUxE

Del Zotto x82x
12-08-2015, 01:43
If you go into settings and change the field of view, eventually you could probably get it up that close.. I'm guessing

Mmahockey
12-08-2015, 04:19
I moved the fov way up close and it isn't the same view as what I'm looking for. When I did this, it lost the sense of speed.

madmax2069
12-08-2015, 04:54
That looks like a dash cam, like one of the view modes you get in the lmp cars.

I thought there was a way to move the camera around in the cockpit view.

STEELJOCKEY
12-08-2015, 05:47
That will most likely be cockpit view, from the driver's seat, pulled the seat right up close, maybe even tilted it forward. I've tried it and couldn't get that close on the Xbox from memory. You might be able to try bonnet view and back it up instead.

You'll need to go to controller settings, on the far right tab, remap some buttons so you can move your seat up/down/left/right/forward/back/tilt forward and back. Hit menu button to bring up top menu, scroll down to options, select a, then back out to your practice session. Reset your view, then you'll have to remap your buttons back to what you need to race with.

MrLiister
12-08-2015, 11:56
That must be an external view since it's got the external HUD element, bottom centre. I tried the bonnet cam but couldn't pull back anywhere near that. I got somewhat close to the view by changing the cockpit cam FoV to 35 but there is the trade off of sense of speed. I'm guessing you get more control on PC.

xsomnivmx
12-08-2015, 12:00
Top Comment: Hit Ctrl+K on the keyboard and you can freely move your camera with WASD.

So - no freely movable cam and x1, right? So i think it's not possible.

Raven403
12-08-2015, 12:10
I see he got magnetized off track....

Mmahockey
12-08-2015, 14:57
Top Comment: Hit Ctrl+K on the keyboard and you can freely move your camera with WASD.

So - no freely movable cam and x1, right? So i think it's not possible.

I was hoping there was a was to move freely on the xbox version. �� thanks guys

OpticalHercules
12-08-2015, 17:54
That must be an external view since it's got the external HUD element, bottom centre. I tried the bonnet cam but couldn't pull back anywhere near that. I got somewhat close to the view by changing the cockpit cam FoV to 35 but there is the trade off of sense of speed. I'm guessing you get more control on PC.

Definitely not an external cam. That's the Aston Martin GT3. That car has a single center Windshield Wiper, so it can't be the backseat cam either.

Maybe a helmet cam with helmet effects, steering wheel and gauge cluster turned off? Then play with FOV and seat angles as others have said?

TAGS Battfink
12-08-2015, 18:47
Thats helmet cam i would say, doesnt even need a narrow fov. To get this view but keep some sense of speed personally i would remove the helmet and motion effects, move the seat forward max, then up or down to get the height right, then increase the fov as much as possible without the speedo and so on showing up. In fact im going to try this now. ;)

Mmahockey
12-08-2015, 19:11
Thats helmet cam i would say, doesnt even need a narrow fov. To get this view but keep some sense of speed personally i would remove the helmet and motion effects, move the seat forward max, then up or down to get the height right, then increase the fov as much as possible without the speedo and so on showing up. In fact im going to try this now. ;)

Let me know if you have any success and what settings you used please.

John Hargreaves
12-08-2015, 23:06
That view is certainly fairly easy to achieve on PC with the ctrl-k and wasd keys, but the hardest thing to do would be to keep the exposure correct actually. He's got world movement quite high there, and it looks like he might have started with the roof cam and then moved the view inside the cockpit. That will bypass the HDR exposure and keep the view bright.
Sorry I have no idea if you can work the ctrl-k magic on xbox, but the normal wasd/seat position keys will definitely get you close, and at least that view is saved whereas the ctrl-k views get reset every time you change cars.

Mmahockey
13-08-2015, 01:34
I set the fov to 60 and moved the seat all the way forward. It's close but not the same.

TAGS Battfink
13-08-2015, 12:47
Same here, got similar results but not like his. It does look like hes modified an external cam.

Tbh i prefer to see the speedo so mines a litte further back, unless hes using his own displays seperate in a cockpit or something.

Mine matches up to my wheel perfect ;)

Ill try that again lol

Mmahockey
13-08-2015, 13:45
Same here, got similar results but not like his. It does look like hes modified an external cam.

Tbh i prefer to see the speedo so mines a litte further back, unless hes using his own displays seperate in a cockpit or something.

Ill try that again lol

Haha! What's your FOV?

TAGS Battfink
13-08-2015, 16:20
Max in this helmet view. Just needed to move seat forward max, up max, and then adjust tilt until the speedo was at bottom of screen, better sense of speed that way

TAGS Battfink
13-08-2015, 16:21
Actually i think the seat is back max not forward

OverHaased
13-08-2015, 17:09
Pretty decent view, I could almost drive that.

My default is hood/bonnet cam.

Del Zotto x82x
13-08-2015, 22:26
Haha! What's your FOV?

Wow, can really read the Motec.. Love it, might use myself

Del Zotto x82x
13-08-2015, 22:27

Ill try that again lol

oops, meant to replie to you... Nice pic btw