PDA

View Full Version : No Backfire on personal Car?

JewCareBear
13-08-2015, 04:21
Hello,

I am wondering if there's an issue with my game or this goes for everyone.

I noticed there's NO backfire on the cars I drive. No matter what car I drive.
The AI cars they all Backfire.

On top of that, when I go to pit stop and the AI takes control of my car, it starts to backfire a lot. As soon as I leave the pit stop and I take over the controls, the backfire is completely gone.

Is it something wrong with my setup or it's a general issue for everyone?

Thank you,

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
13-08-2015, 04:27
I've noticed a lot of backfires from my car, so it definitely should happen at times.

JewCareBear
13-08-2015, 04:47
I've noticed a lot of backfires from my car, so it definitely should happen at times.

All the cars around me backfire, and my car backfires on the pit lane when AI takes control. Just not when I'm driving it.

Is there a graphics option I unticked?

Faston
13-08-2015, 11:44
I have noticed that there is no backfire in the lotus 49. (Don't know if is my issue or wrong settings with the car)
there's usually backfire on all other cars...

danowat
13-08-2015, 11:54
Am I the only one who finds the OP's username offensive?

ElectricBlues85
13-08-2015, 11:56
I never notice it when I'm driving as I use cockpit view. When I've looked back in replay mode my car is back firing on a regular basis and not just in the pits.

It would be nice if the backfires were more audible.

MrFlibble81
13-08-2015, 12:03
Well it's not a backfire per se. It's actually the anti lag system for a turbo which squirts fuel directly into the exhaust manifold before the turbo to keep the turbo spinning so it cuts down or stops any turbo lag.

So it should really only be seeing/hearing it if you're driving a car with a turbo.

Course I don't know why you only hear it when the AI takes over but maybe it's because it's a slower speed so it's quieter? What view do you drive with?

Plage
13-08-2015, 12:57
^That's not right AFAIK. It's just unused/unburnt fuel that gets ignited by the hot exhaust. I never heard of such an "anti lag system".

/edit: Ok, read about the "Bang-Bang" and it can be a reason for backfires, too.

MrFlibble81
13-08-2015, 13:30
^That's not right AFAIK. It's just unused/unburnt fuel that gets ignited by the hot exhaust. I never heard of such an "anti lag system".

/edit: Ok, read about the "Bang-Bang" and it can be a reason for backfires, too.

yeah I think if it's just flames out the exhaust it's just going to be excess fuel ignited by hot exhaust but if it's popping than I think that's the anti lag system.

Mahjik
13-08-2015, 13:41
I noticed there's NO backfire on the cars I drive. No matter what car I drive.

Are you checking this during replays?

KK78
13-08-2015, 14:13
Am I the only one who finds the OP's username offensive?

Yep, Care Bears are awful ;)