PDA

View Full Version : To anybody on the fence about switching to PS4, PLEASE READ!

skye
13-08-2015, 22:56
before I start, let me say that I am in no way a Playstation fanboy. If anything its the other way around. I have been partial to Xbox since the 360 and still prefer the Box overall. Ive been using a TX wheel on XBone to play Pcars since it came out. I have about 85 hours logged. I recently made the decision to get a PS4 and returned my TX for a T300 and picked up a copy of Pcars for the PS4.
I knew that it was supposed to be better on PS4, but im honestly shocked at how much better it is. Not only are the graphics buttery smooth, the menu's and loading also seem to run smoother. The big surprise though was how much better the FFB seems to work. It just seems to be accurate alot more of the time. Just a more overall solid feeling feed back. Nice that the T300 comes with the equivalent to the GTE wheel as well.
I normally wouldnt spend the time to give my opinion like this, i was just shocked at what a better overall performance P cars seems to give on the PS4.
Ive spent well over 1k on a playseat, T8HA shifter, pro pedals, etc. No nmatter how good or not so good I am at the game, I want the best experience.
If you take P cars as serious as I do you might consider the jump. All im sayin'.

jason
13-08-2015, 23:15
Good advice, I must say from what I read and hear about the 2 formats is that the one you mention is a far superior product.

I guess if you want the best out of the experience you need to get the best hardware all be it ps4 or pc . I'm enjoying the game immensely also.

Mbondracing
13-08-2015, 23:30
Will hold off from making that leap I think and see if windows 10/dx12 bring any improvements on the Xbox. Graphically I'm not phased but if the performance leaps forward then overall I prefer the Xbox anyway. Plus it runs my whole entertainment system!

Racer Pro
13-08-2015, 23:36
yes the ps4 version is way better in every way

widcard
13-08-2015, 23:51
This thread isn't going to be a troll magnet......nope.

AdM1
13-08-2015, 23:55
Why not get a PC if you want the best from Project Cars?

I'll stick with my Xbox I think.

jason
13-08-2015, 23:56
A person that has experienced the 2 consoles would have the best input . But I guess your right it will go that way , this is the internet :)

nissan4ever
14-08-2015, 00:52
If I was to get another version of Project CARS, it wouldn't be for the PS4. I would build me a rather stout gaming PC & enjoy Project CARS in 60+ fps all the time (regardless of grid size or weather). While still using my Thrustmaster TX. That's what I plan on doing by the time Project CARS 2 comes out. I'll probably play it on PC only.

If I want to play the absolute best version of Project CARS. I'll need to play it on a rather stout gaming PC. The same will be true for Project CARS 2. This is the route I'll take if I decide to make a switch in regards to Project CARS.

Haiden
14-08-2015, 01:42
Funny, because I've been thinking the exact same thing. I think I'm gonna make the switch. DX12 might help the Xb1, but who know how long it'll be before SMS works in the improvements. And there's still no guarantee it will result in a significant performance boost for the Xb1.

As far as PC goes, sure...that would be the best experience. But one of the reasons I stopped PC gaming was because I was tired of chasing the hardware upgrades. The Xb1 and PS4 will run today's games and tomorrow's for 10+ years without any need for a new graphics card. For me, it's just easier. And the console graphics aren't in any way bad to begin with, so it's fine to me. To each his own, though. But I'm pretty sure I'm switching to PS4. Not sure if I'll get rid of my TX, though. I don't have much faith in Forza 6, but with my luck, if I sell my TX, Forza 7 will be the most kick arse ever, and I'll be pissed. :)

Now I'm kind of excited. I might order that T300 this weekend. :)

Does anyone know if the T300 will work with the standard TX pedal set? Every other add-on (wheels, shifter, and T3PA pedals) are universal. I installed the mini-shock mod on my TX pedal set, but the brake on the T300 pedal set looks a little thinner, and I'm not sure I can fit two shocks on it. If I could just use the TX set, that would be great.

jason
14-08-2015, 01:46
Funny, because I've been thinking the exact same thing. I think I'm gonna make the switch. DX12 might help the Xb1, but who know how long it'll be before SMS works in the improvements. And there's still no guarantee it will result in a significant performance boost for the Xb1.

As far as PC goes, sure...that would be the best experience. But one of the reasons I stopped PC gaming was because I was tired of chasing the hardware upgrades. The Xb1 and PS4 will run today's games and tomorrow's for 10+ years without any need for a new graphics card. For me, it's just easier. And the console graphics aren't in any way bad to begin with, so it's fine to me. To each his own, though. But I'm pretty sure I'm switching to PS4. Not sure if I'll get rid of my TX, though. I don't have much faith in Forza 6, but with my luck, if I sell my TX, Forza 7 will be the most kick arse ever, and I'll be pissed. :)

Now I'm kind of excited. I might order that T300 this weekend. :)

Does anyone know if the T300 will work with the standard TX pedal set? Every other add-on (wheels, shifter, and T3PA pedals) are universal. I installed the mini-shock mod on my TX pedal set, but the brake on the T300 pedal set looks a little thinner, and I'm not sure I can fit two shocks on it. If I could just use the TX set, that would be great.

I would like to have the two console , I just cant bring myself to get another wheel and cockpit ............... :( game options would open up a lot .

nissan4ever
14-08-2015, 01:52

The TX stock pedals will work with the T300RS base.

OpticalHercules
14-08-2015, 03:16
I was part of the conversation Haiden had in our forums maybe a week ago.

As I said in that thread, I regret my xbox one purchase. PCars has absolutely nothing to do with that regret, as I wished I had bought the PS4 before PCars even came out. Only bought it because of some RL friends playing other games who themselves have fallen away from playing the One and spend most time back on their 360's. PS4 is known to be the better gaming machine of the current console generation. It's graphics are more powerful, and personally the game lineup appeals to me much more than the Xbox. Xbox is known to be the better entertainment system of the current generation. I suppose that's great if you actually use your xbox to it's full potential, but for me it's just a game box. Don't misunderstand me thinking I'm bashing the Xbox, it is a good system for what it was marketed as: the all in one.

The problem I have now is that I've already invested $350 for the console, $220+ for games, $100 for wheel that's XbOne only. My headset will work with anything so that's not a consideration. I suppose I could trade in my XbOne and games and leave the store with a PS4 and few games for a relatively small amount, but even that much is more than my better half is willing to tolerate...

So until next year rolls around and the wifey hits her reset button, I must make do with what I have now. What I have now is nothing to really complain about it. Issues exist, but since I have what I have, why not make the best of it and enjoy it as much as I can until I'm allowed to go on a spending spree again.

Haiden
14-08-2015, 03:28
The TX stock pedals will work with the T300RS base.

Awesome! Thanks much!!

The problem I have now is that I've already invested $350 for the console, $220+ for games, $100 for wheel that's XbOne only. My headset will work with anything so that's not a consideration. I suppose I could trade in my XbOne and games and leave the store with a PS4 and few games for a relatively small amount, but even that much is more than my better half is willing to tolerate...

I hear ya. Lucky for me, girlfriends don't get that much say. :) I also save quite a bit, because I spend most of free time writing. I'm also gonna trade in my Xb360, which I probably should have done a while back. I do like the Xb1, though. It's my entertainment center, and I like the exclusive titles a little bit better. Games like Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Halo, I really want to play. I was probably always inline to get both consoles. My only regret is buying the wheel and pedal set for the Xb1. If Forza 6's FFB is like Forza 5, I wouldn't be missing anything.

Pcars Driver 44
14-08-2015, 08:03
I think SMS has been getting a lot of stick over this game but MS have a lot to do with it. My work colleague had no issue with the steering but I did!!! Like SMS have said some people have issues some don't with Xbox 1 I don't regret getting the Xbox but think MS do have some issues let's hope the updates help us out. Fingers crossed :)

KkDrummer
14-08-2015, 08:28
There is no way I would swap my xbox one with a ps4. So many great games are coming to the MS platform from Sept 2015 to Dec 2016 (pretty much one exclusive a month) that I would be kicking myself if I did. So far Pcars do not deliver the full experience I was expecting when the game came out 3 months ago. I was tired of playing Forza 5 cuz of the lack of long races, pit stops, weather conditions etc....PCars offers such features, but I cannot do long races because of pitstop bugs and tire issues. Performance has been greatly improved on the Xbox One, but it is still poor when weather conditions change (game gets a bit sluggish as if the processing of the incoming weather conditions is too much for the console to handle).
Patch 3.0 looks promising and could fix these bugs, but I don't think SMS will re-code Pcars for DX12, therefore performance will remain the same on the Xbox One.
If 3.0 doesn't get the job done I will stop playing PCars and have another go in a couple of months. In fact I've enjoying myself quite a lot with Halo MCC lately. I don't think I have played PCars much the past month.

Now it is pretty sad that SMS did not manage to deliver a great experience on the Xbox One cuz Forza is coming and PCars will be done.

Pcars is 33% cheaper for the Xbox One with gold. I went to the IGN article that talked about this week's deals, went through ALL of the comments in that article to see if people were excited to buy Pcars a bit cheaper, result: NO comments whatsoever on Pcars...like nothing..then I post something like: should I get pcars or Forza 6? I get replies from 10 different people saying PCars is rubbish.
PCars official twitter posts the game is 30% off. I read the comments on that tweet...surprise, more negative comments saying the game is rubbish, broken, disappointment etc...I then go to Gamestop, again same type of article and there is ONE comment asking if Pcars was any good and I think to myself: should I answer this question and how would I answer it? Would they buy Pcars based on my personal comments? I don't think they would, even if I still have faith SMS will get most of these bugs fixed.....

skye
14-08-2015, 09:09
My original post was not intended to brag about one console over the other and def.. not meant to bash.. I would never involve myself in such trollish behavior.. If anything, I have always been partial to the xbox, if anything, just for the comfort of the controller. I just wanted to give my experience with both after spending 80+ hours with PCars on the one. I knew the graphics were supposed to be better and or was supposed to run a little smoother on the PS4 but the main intention of my post was to say how pleasantly surprised I was to get night and day better force feedback as well.. Even though im still not very good yet, I still take PCars pretty seriously and just wanted to share my opinions for others who do the same,, and might be considering the same jump.
Just trying to be informative. No fanboy here.

Lagoa
14-08-2015, 09:30
Well.. Seems to me that you have too much money.. So you're no good at the game but take it 'seriously'? And spend 1000 dollar just to have a little bit of smoother frame rate and less loading time? Lol. And you advice is to do the same. I'll stick with my Xbox. I haven't played it on ps4. But I think after the latest patch my game was actually running quite smooth.. Didn't have too many issues. Off course the issues are less or more from person to person. Anyway. If indeed it is soooo much better on ps4 then it is sms its fault for the main reason. And not xbox. As all games run as smooth on Xbox as they do on ps4. Except for maybe a higher resolution. So no, I won't switch for one racing game and then have to play the coming years with a small retarted controller and less interesting games. But do have fun! Am quite curious now to test it out on ps4. As I like the way it runs now to be honest. And to be fair I haven't had many issues with the game.. Unlike others I guess..

Machinist90
14-08-2015, 09:34
Switched from xbox to PC....it's like a whole new game,I can see the love others had now,love it to death while i was "meh" about it on xbox

Psychomatrix
14-08-2015, 09:40
Only real alternative is a gamer pc...nothing more and nothing less. Ps4 is not that much stronger and for 600 euro you can build a gamer pc and when you look at the prices for steam gamecodes it's the pc much better FOR ME. The x1 exclusive games are the games I like and thats the reason why I stay by ms. If I need play on ps4 I visit a friend and thats enough for me :)

BCFCBristolRed
14-08-2015, 09:41
For me, I've been with Xbox since my big old PS3 died years back. I think I will probably pick up a ps4 when the Final Fantasy VII reboot is released but it won't be at the expense of my one.

Can I also say, how utterly refreshing it is to have a console based thread which hasn't turned into a bashing thread. Seriously, both consoles are great in what they do. Gamers just don't know how good they have it these days! :)

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 09:46
This thread isn't going to be a troll magnet......nope.

Obviously you dont know this forum.
All 3 platforms respect and help each other. There's rarely someone dropping fanboy bs.

Robert Dibley
14-08-2015, 10:03
Will hold off from making that leap I think and see if windows 10/dx12 bring any improvements on the Xbox. Graphically I'm not phased but if the performance leaps forward then overall I prefer the Xbox anyway. Plus it runs my whole entertainment system!
I don't like to disappoint anyone, but I suspect the XB1 won't gain much from Windows 10 / DX12.
The XB1 is not like a PC where there is a massive layer of driver code between us and the hardware, and so we already have the benefits associated on PCs with switching to DX12.

MrLiister
14-08-2015, 10:26
If I want to play the absolute best version of Project CARS. I'll need to play it on a rather stout gaming PC. The same will be true for Project CARS 2. This is the route I'll take if I decide to make a switch in regards to Project CARS.

Same, i'm actually considering getting Project CARS 2 on PC and slowly building my current rig up to speed for launch. If we could get the Xbox achievements on the PC Version like Minecraft Windows 10 Beta it would a done deal! Meanwhile i'm very happy with my Xbox One version.

justonce68
14-08-2015, 10:34
I have been an Xboxer since the beginning and not really played PS since the early days either. Xbox has always been my preferred choice and I certainly wouldn't change system based upon one single game. I have a large community of friends I have built up over the years and that's is what binds me to my Xbox. I have ne desire to leave, but appreciate that the PS4 is a very good machine
I use mine as an entertainment system not just a games console.
I would if push come to shove build a PC for PCARS and keep my xbone.

MrLiister
14-08-2015, 10:43
I don't like to disappoint anyone, but I suspect the XB1 won't gain much from Windows 10 / DX12.

I don't think we will see any difference certainly not with PCARS1, ever hopeful for a good improvement when coded for in PCARS2. Saying that though, everything seems to run better on the PC with Windows 10 so maybe the Xbox One will get some improvements when Windows 10 hits the console.

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 11:08
...so maybe the Xbox One will get some improvements when Windows 10 hits the console.

A developer literally just negated that.

Robert Dibley
14-08-2015, 11:09
I don't think we will see any difference certainly not with PCARS1, ever hopeful for a good improvement when coded for in PCARS2. Saying that though, everything seems to run better on the PC with Windows 10 so maybe the Xbox One will get some improvements when Windows 10 hits the console.
Not likely really.
On PC when you change the OS you get a whole load of differences at every level.
On XB1, there is an OS, but it's not Windows like on a PC, and it's not doing most of the work, so when you replace it the impact is minimal.
The main things that will change are in the XB1 user interface - not in the games.

MAARTEN
14-08-2015, 11:15
I knew that it was supposed to be better on PS4, but im honestly shocked at how much better it is. Not only are the graphics buttery smooth, the menu's and loading also seem to run smoother.

I made the choice to jump from PS4 to PC instead and i was chocked of the graphical difference between the PS4 and PC :) (Ultra graphic settings with a GTX 980ti card). But i enjoyed playing at the PS4 as well so it's nice to hear that you are pleased :)

Beltoon
14-08-2015, 11:26
A developer literally just negated that.

Ian Bell did say that the new DirectX was gonna be a massive improvement (up to 17%), couple weeks later they said it was too much work and they were busy counting money.

Apoc112
14-08-2015, 11:31
Not likely really.
On PC when you change the OS you get a whole load of differences at every level.
On XB1, there is an OS, but it's not Windows like on a PC, and it's not doing most of the work, so when you replace it the impact is minimal.
The main things that will change are in the XB1 user interface - not in the games.

Forgive my crude understanding of how this works, but aren't the OS and apps dedicated to the same processing core that you are using for audio processing? If they make improvements to their efficiency or restructure things - whatever they're doing to speed up the OS and app responsiveness - couldn't you expect to see a knock-on benefit?

Quite honestly, the audio problem is the single biggest problem I have with the game. Most of the stuttering and slow-downs I experienced at launch have been fixed with the patches.

The only other thing I would like to see improved is the MP, but that's not a problem specific to the xbox platform. I also play on PC, and aside from the server browser, it's really no different.

KkDrummer
14-08-2015, 12:43
Ian Bell did say that the new DirectX was gonna be a massive improvement (up to 17%), couple weeks later they said it was too much work and they were busy counting money.

yep, I remember this...I guess Ian misinformed us then....

Haiden
14-08-2015, 12:50
Well.. Seems to me that you have too much money.. So you're no good at the game but take it 'seriously'? And spend 1000 dollar just to have a little bit of smoother frame rate and less loading time? Lol. And you advice is to do the same. I'll stick with my Xbox. I haven't played it on ps4. But I think after the latest patch my game was actually running quite smooth.. Didn't have too many issues. Off course the issues are less or more from person to person. Anyway. If indeed it is soooo much better on ps4 then it is sms its fault for the main reason. And not xbox. As all games run as smooth on Xbox as they do on ps4. Except for maybe a higher resolution. So no, I won't switch for one racing game and then have to play the coming years with a small retarted controller and less interesting games. But do have fun! Am quite curious now to test it out on ps4. As I like the way it runs now to be honest. And to be fair I haven't had many issues with the game.. Unlike others I guess..

Who said anything about not being good at the game? I'm fine. This isn't my first sim-style racer, and PCars isn't the singular reason why I'm buying a PS4. I LOVE Xbox's exclusives titles and have no intention of getting rid of the console. Nor do I regret purchasing my Xb1. What I regret is buying a wheel and pedal set for the Xb1, instead of building a racing platform on the PS4. Every multi-platform racing title that's come out is running better on the PS4. Your statement that games run as smooth on Xb1 as PS4 is just wrong, because it's not just racing titles. PS4 outperforms Xb1 in almost every multi-platform title. If you spend 10 minutes on YouTube, you can see it for yourself. I could build a PC (I'm an IT Director, so I do know how). I just don't game on PC anymore. Now-a-days, I don't have as much free time as I did when I was younger and prefer the ease and convenience of console gaming. And your comment about my money is irrelevant and immature. A lot of people have two consoles, some even play PC, Xb1, and PS4. What do you care what other people spend their money on?

Again, I'm not bashing Xb1. Given two products, they'll both be better than the other at certain things. I honestly don't think I'll use the PS4 for anything but racing and PS exclusive titles, because the performance differences aren't that big of a deal for me in other genres, especially games with little replayability that I know I'm going to finish and trade in. I also like the Xb1 controller and multiplayer environment better than PS. And then there's Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Halo--games that, IMO, deliver and experience the PS4 library can't come close to matching. :)

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 12:54
Who said anything about not being good at the game? I'm fine. This isn't my first sim-style racer, and PCars isn't the singular reason why I'm buying a PS4. I LOVE Xbox's exclusives titles and have no intention of getting rid of the console. Nor do I regret purchasing my Xb1. What I regret is buying a wheel and pedal set for the Xb1, instead of building a racing platform on the PS4. Every multi-platform racing title that's come out is running better on the PS4. Your statement that games run as smooth on Xb1 as PS4 is just wrong, because it's not just racing titles. PS4 outperforms Xb1 in almost every multi-platform title. If you spend 10 minutes on YouTube, you can see it for yourself. I could build a PC (I'm an IT Director, so I do know how). I just don't game on PC anymore. Now-a-days, I don't have as much free time as I did when I was younger and prefer the ease and convenience of console gaming. And your comment about my money is irrelevant and immature. A lot of people have two consoles, some even play PC, Xb1, and PS4. What do you care what other people spend their money on?

+1 for great XB1 exclusives.
Wish l had one for this holiday season :)

But hey, at least Fallout 4 is multiplat ;)

Raven403
14-08-2015, 13:01
This pissing match is still happening?

If you want the best quality for Any Game you might as well take that ps4 money an put it towards a PC. Both consoles have their highs and lows, always will.

KK78
14-08-2015, 13:01
Having been a 360 owner all of last gen (I do have a PS3 but hated the bloody thing) I switched to PS4 after the unveils, MS's poor launch and the main fact that most of my mates got one and I play with them a lot. I do now have a XOne for downstairs so I can keep up with the exclusives and all that. I play probably 80% on the PS4 though that will change when the likes of Tomb Raider, Crackdown, Forza 6 (maybe) and Gears arrive- as systems go the PS4 is just easier to use (hate the XOne UI but that is changing) smaller, arguably has better deals and more free games on PS+ that appeal to me so far. While the PS4 Project Cars version is not perfect it does seem to work better generally so if you can afford it I'd definitely recommend one.

As a former PC gamer I don't even see that as an option, too much initial outlay, too many updates, too much faffing about for largely marginal differences, less convenience and let's not pretend that platform does not have plenty of it's own issues- but each to their own, we know the master race love to tell console gamers how much better and wonderful it all is even though the vast majority of console gamers will never, ever consider it ;)

skye
14-08-2015, 13:21
Like i said, not trying to convince anybody to go sell all their stuff and buy a PS4. I just know there are a few others on this forum who were already considering the move. Jusr wanted to note the improved FFB because I hadnt heard that before. Last thing I wanted was to incite any kind of fanboy discussion.

Raven403
14-08-2015, 13:23
Like i said, not trying to convince anybody to go sell all their stuff and buy a PS4. I just know there are a few others on this forum who were already considering the move. Jusr wanted to note the improved FFB because I hadnt heard that before. Last thing I wanted was to incite any kind of fanboy discussion.

Ha, honestly? This thread is the equivalent of walking into a room filled with people and telling them to talk about politics...

Lagoa
14-08-2015, 13:38

Again, I'm not bashing Xb1. Given two products, they'll both be better than the other at certain things. I honestly don't think I'll use the PS4 for anything but racing and PS exclusive titles, because the performance differences aren't that big of a deal for me in other genres, especially games with little replayability that I know I'm going to finish and trade in. I also like the Xb1 controller and multiplayer environment better than PS. And then there's Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Halo--games that, IMO, deliver and experience the PS4 library can't come close to matching. :)

I wasn't talking to you :). Was for "skye". Anyway, on your post, I have seen many ps4/xbone comparison videos, and honestly, the difference is most of the time SO SMALL it is not even noticable while you're playing... Maybe I don't know enough about all that stuff but honestly... I don't see the differences.. I ussually even prefer the xbox because of the nicer colers.. I do see a diff between pc and consoles as it is much sharper and detailed.

Edit: I mean comparisons in general (not talking about pcars), and as for money, again, was talking about skye that bought not only a new console, but also a new wheel and the game again just for a small improvement..

Benja190782
14-08-2015, 13:57
OP: I've been thinking alot about doing the switch also, but will my TH8A shifter and T3PA-PRO pedals work on the PS4 also??

One last thing.... Is there not ONE single thing that is better on the Xbox One version at all?? Not one??

(To Ian Bell - could you help me trade the Xbox One version to the PS4 version, as I feel kind of let down by this big difference between the console versions. Could I somehow switch them for free?)

Haiden
14-08-2015, 14:02
Ha, honestly? This thread is the equivalent of walking into a room filled with people and telling them to talk about politics...

And yet, you keep walking through the door.

Edit: I mean comparisons in general (not talking about pcars), and as for money, again, was talking about skye that bought not only a new console, but also a new wheel and the game again just for a small improvement..

I'm doing the same. I have a TX, which doesn't work with the PS4. Thing is, I was probably going to buy a PS4 eventually, anyway. I'm just doing it sooner. I'm sure I'll end up selling the TX, but the upgrade is for improvements in all my racing games--current and future. :) Typically, in other genres, I agree with you. The performances differences don't matter much. But for racing, I'd like to get the higher, smoother frame rates.

As a former PC gamer I don't even see that as an option, too much initial outlay, too many updates, too much faffing about for largely marginal differences, less convenience and let's not pretend that platform does not have plenty of it's own issues- but each to their own, we know the master race love to tell console gamers how much better and wonderful it all is even though the vast majority of console gamers will never, ever consider it ;)

I couldn't agree with you more. Whenever I think about going back, it takes all of five minutes of looking at cards and processors, to make me remember how much I hated fiddling and staying current with that platform. Sure it looks better--when it's working, and you've got the latest tech. I just don't have the time or patience for it anymore.

Racer Pro
14-08-2015, 14:02
OP: I've been thinking alot about doing the switch also, but will my TH8A shifter and T3PA-PRO pedals work on the PS4 also??

One last thing.... Is there not ONE single thing that is better on the Xbox One version at all?? Not one??

(To Ian Bell - could you help me trade the Xbox One version to the PS4 version, as I feel kind of let down by this big difference between the console versions?)the th8a and t3pa pro work on ps4 only the tx not work you need a t300rs or a t500

TAGS Battfink
14-08-2015, 14:06

Actually yes there is. Remember this is just one guys opinion, outside factors couldve come into play, such as his wheel couldve had a defect.

Ian bell said something along the lines of the xbone version having better AA and post proccessing since patch 2.0, and regarding the actual physics both versions are identical.

I regularly stream full grid races in the rain and have no issues, of course the frame rate isnt locked but it only drops a few since the last patch, its barely noticable.

And the feel of the wheel should only differentiate depending on how the wheel itself is powered between both consoles.

Lagoa
14-08-2015, 14:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZtUai5FsM

Yes, the differences are huge..... :/. And this was before patch 2.0

Besided the number in the corner above displaying the FPS I just don't see it.. Maybe it's me.

I smell a little bit of fanboyisme ;)

Schnizz58
14-08-2015, 14:31
Why not get a PC if you want the best from Project Cars?

I'll stick with my Xbox I think.
Agreed. If I'm going to move away from the Xbox, I'll go to PC and be able to continue using my TX wheel.

Haiden
14-08-2015, 14:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZtUai5FsM

Yes, the differences are huge..... :/. And this was before patch 2.0

Besided the number in the corner above displaying the FPS I just don't see it.. Maybe it's me.

I smell a little bit of fanboyisme ;)

Funny... If anything, I'm an Xbox fanboy. I just don't have a problem with being honest. :) I see a difference in the shadows, the reflections, the spray, and the anti-aliasing around object edges, particularly the cars, which you can clearly see when they enter the tunnel. The PS4 also has a more stable frame rate and rarely drops into the low 40s. The Xb1 fluctuates more and runs mostly in the 30s, often dropping into the low 30s. I'm sure I could find a few more differences if I watched it longer. Also, I believe the PS4 is displaying 1080p, while the Xb1 only gets 900p. I'll judge the FFB when I get mine setup.

TAGS Battfink
14-08-2015, 15:05
The PS4 also has a more stable frame rate and rarely drops into the low 40s. The Xb1 fluctuates more and runs mostly in the 30s, often dropping into the low 30s.

This was pre patch 2.0, not anymore

AdM1
14-08-2015, 15:30
Agreed. If I'm going to move away from the Xbox, I'll go to PC and be able to continue using my TX wheel.

Anything else just seems stupid to me.

A fool and his money are easily parted they say.

Robert Dibley
14-08-2015, 15:32
Forgive my crude understanding of how this works, but aren't the OS and apps dedicated to the same processing core that you are using for audio processing? If they make improvements to their efficiency or restructure things - whatever they're doing to speed up the OS and app responsiveness - couldn't you expect to see a knock-on benefit?

Yes, but the majority of performance is dependent on graphics and physics, so the overall impact on frame rate will be negligible.
By comparison on PC there is a major gain in performance when switching to DX12 on AMD based machines because of the driver overhead.

KK78
14-08-2015, 15:44

Or ignorance is bliss, some others may say.

Haiden
14-08-2015, 15:47
This was pre patch 2.0, not anymore

There are still so many glitches and bugs with the Xb1 version that, even if the frame rate has stabilized, it really doesn't matter.

True. How much more money do you think PC players will be parted with over a 10+ year period chasing tech upgrades for new games? The whole PC vs console argument is a fool's debate, because most people don't make the choice based on technical specs. Only an idiot would argue that consoles are better in that regard. Just like only a fool would judge people for choosing console over PC, because technical specs usually has nothing to do with the choice. Personally, I think constantly replacing graphics cards and hardware to stay current is foolish (I did it for years, so that isn't an external judgement--just got tired of it). Obviously, some people don't mind it. No biggie. It's a personal preference. As for the money side of it... For me, it's not a concern. But like I said, ten years from now, I will have spent less on two consoles than most PC players have spent chasing the tech to stay current. If you're okay with that, then fine. But if you're only thinking about the short-term costs and didn't realize the differences in long term expense, well...then that type of fool isn't just easily parted from his cash, he's completely unaware he's been duped.

AdM1
14-08-2015, 15:54
OP spent over £1k on a rig I'm sure he can afford a PC set up lol! Like I said a fool and his money is easily parted.

TAGS Battfink
14-08-2015, 15:58
Go visit the ps4 forum, it has most the same issues as the xbone version. Apart from the audio bug what exactly does the xbone version suffer from that the ps4 one doesnt?

KK78
14-08-2015, 15:59
OP spent over £1k on a rig I'm sure he can afford a PC set up lol! Like I said a fool and his money is easily parted.

Hmmm, imagine if he'd bought the rig AND a PC!!!!

Would he be foolish then?

Schnizz58
There are still so many glitches and bugs with the Xb1 version that, even if the frame rate has stabilized, it really doesn't matter.

True. How much more money do you think PC players will be parted with over a 10+ year period chasing tech upgrades for new games? The whole PC vs console argument is a fool's debate, because most people don't make the choice based on technical specs. Only an idiot would argue that consoles are better in that regard. Just like only a fool would judge people for choosing console over PC, because technical specs usually has nothing to do with the choice. Personally, I think constantly replacing graphics cards and hardware to stay current is foolish (I did it for years, so that isn't an external judgement--just got tired of it). Obviously, some people don't mind it. No biggie. It's a personal preference. As for the money side of it. Like I said, ten years from now, I will have spent less on two consoles than most PC players have spent chasing the tech to stay current. If you're okay with that, then fine. But if you're only thinking about the short-term costs and didn't realize the differences in long term expense, well...then that type of fool isn't just easily parted from his cash, he's completely unaware he's been duped.
Valid points. All I'm saying is that if I'm going to throw more money at this game, then I'm going all in and get stuff like triple screen, telemetry analysis, second screen apps and just overall better performance.

AdM1
Hmmm, imagine if he'd bought the rig AND a PC!!!!

Would he be foolish then?

Nope because why half arse a top quality rig with a little ps4? Seems foolish.

Do it proper and get a PC, OP claims to want the best expierence etc etc so why has he bought a decent set up and then a poxy ps4? Lol.

justonce68
14-08-2015, 16:00
The thing is if you only saw this game played on xbox you would say the graphics were stunning, just as you would on PS4 or PC.
You don't miss what you ain't got.

AdM1
14-08-2015, 16:03
Go visit the ps4 forum, it has most the same issues as the xbone version. Apart from the audio bug what exactly does the xbone version suffer from that the ps4 one doesnt?

Yup a few months and more patches and then what? They going to be selling their ps4 for xbox? Baffling.

TAGS Battfink
14-08-2015, 16:16
It just think that this thread is misleading. Firstly its title PLEASE READ!! like its a factual revelation on the ps4 version being superior. It should have a disclaimer of sorts in there somewhere stating that this thread is purely opinion based, because it certainly isnt factual.

I would suggest to anyone seriously thinking about parting with a 3 figure sum to swap their xbone and wheel for the ps4 variants should go check out the FACTS first, as apart from an audio bug (im not sure that this isnt in the ps4 version) and maybe a few extra frames in the rain with a big grid, there is no difference.

Patch 2.0 gave the xbone version big gains in performace, the ps4 didnt recieve any, bringing the versions on line.

And patch 3 is around the corner, adding more visual improvements to tracks and rain effects, so on.

These are the facts.

bodyshop
14-08-2015, 16:17
Pathetic, I'm having a blast on xbox1 and no ps4 fanboi is going to make a jot of difference to me . your just bored waiting for forza 6 soyou cazn light up gtplanet with trolling how great Gran Turismo is.....div is a div

AdM1
14-08-2015, 16:25
Hehe I think I upset one of the PS4 Fan boys? ;).

Liquid7394
14-08-2015, 16:25
Nope because why half arse a top quality rig with a little ps4? Seems foolish.

Do it proper and get a PC, OP claims to want the best expierence etc etc so why has he bought a decent set up and then a poxy ps4? Lol.
You seem upset that the OP switched to a PS4? It's his money, he can spend it on what he wants. There's no need to start calling him a fool.

AdM1
14-08-2015, 16:26
You seem upset that the OP switched to a PS4?

You seem upset that I have an opinion?

I just think it's a bit foolish, and stated a fool and his money are easily parted, which they are.

Schnizz58
14-08-2015, 16:26
LOL

Liquid7394
14-08-2015, 16:29
You seem upset that the OP has an opinion.

AdM1
14-08-2015, 16:29
You seem upset that the OP has an opinion.

You seem upset that I have an opinion about the ops opinion?

Roger Prynne
14-08-2015, 16:32
OK guys enough is enough, calm it down please.

Sankyo
14-08-2015, 16:32

I just think it's a bit foolish, and stated a fool and his money are easily parted, which they are.

The fact that you have an opinion doesn't mean you have to voice it if it means calling someone a fool. It doesn't add anything constructive to the discussion at all, especially as you haven't given any convincing arguments why the OP should not have bought a PS4.

AdM1
14-08-2015, 16:33
The fact that you have an opinion doesn't mean you have to voice it if it means calling someone a fool. It doesn't add anything constructive to the discussion at all, especially as you haven't given any convincing arguments why the OP should not have bought a PS4.

I did actually..

He said he wants the best he can get, so I said why not a PC instead of a PS4, did you read all my posts or just the reported ones?

tonypbeck
14-08-2015, 16:34
I'm currently using Xbox One and seriously considering going the PC route.

Simply because you have far more options to configure the experience.

Triple screens, Occulus Rift, Transducers, Button Boxes, Motion Platforms, basically whatever you want as long as its software driven.

Yes you need the spare cash but if your like me you want it all and your willing to sell the wife to get it . . . is that you dear? Your tea is nearly ready I will bring it to you, just sending an email lol

Liquid7394
14-08-2015, 16:34
I did actually..

He said he wants the best he can get, so I said why not a PC instead of a PS4, did you read all my posts or just the reported ones?
He doesn't want a PC, simple.

AdM1
14-08-2015, 16:46
He doesn't want a PC, simple.

"I want the best experience. If you take P cars as serious as I do you might consider the jump"

Taken from the OP, he wants the best experience.. That is on the PC, that is all I was merely pointing out before the PS4 fan boys got a chip on their shoulder over my comments :).

TAGS Battfink
14-08-2015, 16:49
I'm currently using Xbox One and seriously considering going the PC route.

Simply because you have far more options to configure the experience.

Triple screens, Occulus Rift, Transducers, Button Boxes, Motion Platforms, basically whatever you want as long as its software driven.

Yes you need the spare cash but if your like me you want it all and your willing to sell the wife to get it . . . is that you dear? Your tea is nearly ready I will bring it to you, just sending an email lol

Lol. Now THESE are reasons to change format.

Well transducers work on console (and button boxes when keyboard support arrives) but yeah, this is how to experience pcars ;)

Malcstar
14-08-2015, 16:53
Good laughs!!

Man, this is crazy. Xbox has alot of problems and I like the 360's interface more better, but to change your whole system for a slightly better machine on paper? Absurd! Project cars is solid at the core which is ofcourse the gameplay, thats where it ends. Strengths and weaknesses, thats the developers job to balance the experience, if that makes sense. It's their name on the line. Project cars isn't the end of the world, there's always something that's going to come out and I'm not talking about Forza 6.

Let's get a grip guys.

TAGS Battfink
14-08-2015, 16:55
And who knows we may even get pcars 2 earlier now that we have an early access programme like steam.

*COUGH COUGH WINK WINK AHEM AHEM* lol

Haiden
14-08-2015, 16:56
Yup a few months and more patches and then what? They going to be selling their ps4 for xbox? Baffling.

Try paying attention. I'm not selling my Xb1 for a PS4. I'm just adding a PS4 to my entertainment center. And I can't speak for anyone else, but... I am not buying a PS4 just for Pcars. As I've already said, I was probably always inline to get a PS4, I'm just doing it sooner. I want both consoles. I have the money. I'm not a fool. I just have enough disposable income that I can afford to buy two consoles. I'm not ignorant of the differences between PC and console. I just do not want to go back to the PC platform. I don't see this as an upgrade. I want an Xb1 and a PS4, and while I'm at, I'll take advantage of the performance differences--however slight--since I'm gonna have both consoles, anyway. If you want a PC, fine. If you'd rather have an Xb1 and a PC, fine.

Why other people's gaming choices bother you, I don't know. You have absolutely no idea why he made this choice. It seems like you're just pissed because some people aren't batting an eye at buying two consoles. Am I a fool? No. Am I'm easily parted with my money? No. It just seems that I don't have to hold on to mine as tight as you do. The $800 I just spent on the PS4 and new wheel will not be missed, because it's within my budget, and I was planning on buying a PS4 anyway. In fact, come Monday, my CC balance will back to zero. Which is why I simply don't give a shit. Not because I'm a fool, but because I'm fortunate enough to not have to. I'm grateful for that, but not apologetic in way. I work hard and enjoy the freedom it provides, just like I'm gonna enjoy my new PS4, as well as all the kickass titles coming out for Xb1 this holiday season. :)

Haiden
14-08-2015, 16:59
"I want the best experience. If you take P cars as serious as I do you might consider the jump"

Taken from the OP, he wants the best experience.. That is on the PC, that is all I was merely pointing out before the PS4 fan boys got a chip on their shoulder over my comments :).

Then why are you playing on XB1?????

And for the love of god, will you please read? Most of the people talking about getting a PS4 have specifically said they prefer Xbox, overall. I for one am an Xbox fanboy. Have been since the first console launched.

Liquid7394
14-08-2015, 17:03

And that doesn't mean he wants a PC. Did it ever occur to you that he prefers consoles to PC? And don't talk about fanboys when it's clear you have a hard on for Microsoft. Corporate slaves like you are truly sad, the way you attack and insult anyone who doesn't share your love for a plastic box is pathetic.

Anyway, you're going on my ignore list so I don't have to see anymore idiotic posts from you, have fun talking to yourself.

AdM1
14-08-2015, 17:04
Then why are you playing on XB1?????

And for the love of god, will you please read? Most of the people talking about getting a PS4 have specifically said they prefer Xbox, overall. I for one am an Xbox fanboy. Have been since the first console launched.

Eh? I don't want the best experience the OP does, are you starting the drink early this Friday or something? None of my posts have been directed at you directly so why you getting into a big rant about it, calm down :).

Lagoa
14-08-2015, 17:05
PLEASE READ

This entire thread and the meaning of it is useless. Trying to convince himself it was a good deal.

As for Haiden summing up al the differences he saw in that video I posted I can only say this: You must have the world's most perfect eyes.

As for AdM1: I must agree, buying all that stuff again and spending all that money for such a small difference (if any) is foolish.

But @ OP, thanks for this interesting info. I will think of it next time I play pcars on xbox one..

TAGS Battfink
14-08-2015, 17:09
O.P, if your just adding a ps4 to your gaming collection and you have the cash to fund all of your tastes then why did you take your tx back and swap instead of just getting both wheel bases?

I have a ps4 also, and a rig, t3pa pro, tx, th8a and so on, i wouldve kept both wheels, then, when a new GT comes out and forza 6, you could play all exclusive racers too, you would just need to swap the wheel base on your rig.

Of course there's horizon 2 and drive club aswell. Spending the amount of cash we have we should be making sure we have access to as many racers as possible to get our money's worth

baz00ka
14-08-2015, 17:18
looks like ps4 is worth getting on patch turnaround time alone ;) in hindsight i would get ps4 but having invested in xbox and tx already i dont have wads of cash burning holes in my pockets and there is no killer feature on ps4 or major stopper on xbox for me to really justify the spending. pc is even more money upfront and then in upgrade and maintenance costs (pretty much the same pos windows system as xbox end of the day which is probably responsible for most problems this game has and resolved on pc simply by more cpu and gpu power available).

Haiden
14-08-2015, 17:28
PLEASE READ
As for Haiden summing up al the differences he saw in that video I posted I can only say this: You must have the world's most perfect eyes.

Not even. I'm just observant. Or maybe my screen just renders things more clearly. I don't know, but I didn't even have to squint to see it.

O.P, if your just adding a ps4 to your gaming collection and you have the cash to fund all of your tastes then why did you take your tx back and swap instead of just getting both wheel bases?

I have a ps4 also, and a rig, t3pa pro, tx, th8a and so on, i wouldve kept both wheels, then, when a new GT comes out and forza 6, you could play all exclusive racers too, you would just need to swap the wheel base on your rig.

Of course there's horizon 2 and drive club aswell. Spending the amount of cash we have we should be making sure we have access to as many racers as possible to get our money's worth

I think you're confusing me and OP. I am keeping both wheel sets, for now at least. If it turns out the TX is just collecting dust, I might get rid of it. But it'll be a long while before I do that. The OP never said he was adding it to his collection.

Eh? I don't want the best experience the OP does, are you starting the drink early this Friday or something? None of my posts have been directed at you directly so why you getting into a big rant about it, calm down :).

Sorry, I misunderstood that one. But no, I'm not drinking, nor do I drink like that, anyway. I just get irritated with people that feel the need to bash someone else's choices, even though they don't have so much as a clue as to what the other person values or why they made the decision. The OP addressed his thread to "To anybody on the fence about switching to PS4, PLEASE READ!" I read that and said, "Funny... I am thinking about that." So I clicked into it and commented. You read it, and, even though it obviously didn't pertain to you, clicked through, and then, for some reason, decided to tell him and anyone else considering making the switch that they were fools, easily parted with their money. You honestly think anyone in this forum doesn't already know that PC is better than console? Of course they know, which should have been your first hint that there were other reasons for people making this choice. But no, they're all fools, because you don't understand why they're doing it, because it doesn't make sense to you. Who cares what you think? If you're not on the fence about switching, why are you in this thread in the first place? Just felt like give people shit, huh?

Umer Ahmad
14-08-2015, 17:34
We will all stop insulting each other now. we can discuss ps4 v xb1 w/o making personal remarks

Thanks

AdM1
14-08-2015, 17:40
Who insulted who?

Umer Ahmad
14-08-2015, 17:49
Who insulted who?
Ok since you asked....let me see...ok how about your's?

"are you starting the drink early this Friday or something?"

Dont do this anymore. It takes the conversation in a negative direction unneccesarily

zacmaccraken
14-08-2015, 17:59
Yeah... Prob. Make the jump....i hate how awful shadows looks on XBOX one, specially at night. Rain at night looks horrible too.. Spray is black, there's some weird black shadows on tarmac and cars cast bizarre square shadows below them.

ermo
14-08-2015, 18:01
Yes, but the majority of performance is dependent on graphics and physics, so the overall impact on frame rate will be negligible.
By comparison on PC there is a major gain in performance when switching to DX12 on AMD based machines because of the driver overhead.

Robert, can you share anything concrete wrt. the difference in performance between WDDM 1.x (Win 7/8.x) and WDDM 2.x (Win 10+) when it comes to AMD's DX11 driver implementation? I haven't upgraded to Win 10 yet as I'm waiting for the early adopters to shake out the worst of the as-of-yet 'undocumented features'. Ahem.

I was under the impression that existing DX11 titles will also benefit from the change in driver architecture (even if nothing is actually changed on their end) purely because WDDM 2.x allows for (mandates?) a more efficient Direct3D driver implementation? Wouldn't AMD stand to gain relatively more from that change given their, er, supposedly suboptimal WDDM 1.x driver implementation?

Also, are you guys already working on a full-on DX12 renderer for the PC version of Project CARS? If so, you must've been awfully busy! :onthego:

AdM1
14-08-2015, 18:04
Ok since you asked....let me see...ok how about your's?

"are you starting the drink early this Friday or something?"

Dont do this anymore. It takes the conversation in a negative direction unneccesarily

That's not an insult imo but okay.

I'll be sure to spot similar posts on the forum and actively report them.

bc525
14-08-2015, 18:32
You seem upset that I have an opinion about the ops opinion?

I'm upset that the Chicago Bears are gonna suck again this year. We just can't get rid of Cutler!

bodyshop
14-08-2015, 18:39
PS4 owners need constant approval that they are on the best system, its utterly pathetic, i blame in part the advertising of PS4 "this is for the players" or whatever crap they say.... i like xbox and thats that, more to life than consoles anyway, it sits there and its great for me, if project cars runs a bit better on PS4 then so what? even if it does then as if i'd go buy a PS4 for that? you people are nuts. Maybe achieve something yourself in your life then you wont need your console choice to be the 'win' in your world.....lol..

Haiden
14-08-2015, 19:42
PS4 owners need constant approval that they are on the best system, its utterly pathetic, i blame in part the advertising of PS4 "this is for the players" or whatever crap they say.... i like xbox and thats that, more to life than consoles anyway, it sits there and its great for me, if project cars runs a bit better on PS4 then so what? even if it does then as if i'd go buy a PS4 for that? you people are nuts. Maybe achieve something yourself in your life then you wont need your console choice to be the 'win' in your world.....lol..

Can't speak for others, but I'm not buying a PS4 just for PCars, nor am I looking for approval. In fact, I don't think anyone commenting on making a switch is looking for approval. It does, however, seem that all of the Xb1 owners who are not thinking of switching, but still feel the need to comment on a thread that isn't relevant to, or directed at, them--as the title makes perfectly clear--are actually the ones trying to justify or prove something. Abandonment issues, maybe? I don't know. But if you weren't feeling slighted in some way, then why are you commenting on this? What do you have to offer this topic of conversation? Why are you even interested in it? If you're happy, and not on the fence, then why are you here? Why did you click into a thread, and then feel the need to poked your chest out about where you've planted your flag and chastise others for not taking the same stance? Nuts? Nuts is commenting on a thread that doesn't pertain to you. And then making stupid, immature, and totally irrelevant comments about what people have achieve in life. Maybe if you had achieved more, you wouldn't feel the need to take cheap--completely uninformed--shots and criticize people for simply making different choices. Talk about utterly pathetic.

Benja190782
14-08-2015, 19:45
And PS4 always get the new patch first! Don't forget that...

bc525
14-08-2015, 19:50
Can't speak for others, but I'm not buying a PS4 just for PCars, ...

Simply put, that's it right there. I won't be switching to PC or PS4 solely for one game. It would have to be an overall decision for me, and generally I'm very happy with the Xbox One.

AdM1
14-08-2015, 19:50
Can't speak for others, but I'm not buying a PS4 just for PCars, nor am I looking for approval. In fact, I don't think anyone commenting on making a switch is looking for approval. It does, however, seem that all of the Xb1 owners who are not thinking of switching, but still feel the need to comment on a thread that isn't relevant to, or directed at, them--as the title makes perfectly clear--are actually the ones trying to justify or prove something. Abandonment issues, maybe? I don't know. But if you weren't feeling slighted in some way, then why are you commenting on this? What do you have to offer this topic of conversation? Why are you even interested in it? If you're happy, and not on the fence, then why are you here? Why did you click into a thread, and then feel the need to poked your chest out about where you've planted your flag and chastise others for not taking the same stance? Nuts? Nuts is commenting on a thread that doesn't pertain to you. And then making stupid, immature, and totally irrelevant comments about what people have achieve in life. Maybe if you had achieved more, you wouldn't feel the need to take cheap--completely uninformed--shots and criticize people for simply making different choices. Talk about utterly pathetic.

I'll be honest in that I clicked the thread title thinking the OP would be explaining about how it's a silly idea and pointless and there's not really much logic to doing so.

You seem to be getting way too defensive about this though.

(disclaimer - I hope me using the word silly didn't offend you in anyway)

bodyshop
14-08-2015, 19:57

Why not post it in PS4 section then?????

Oh yeah..because its click bait trolling at its finest......

KK78
14-08-2015, 20:02

That first line reads like someone who really does care about a 'win' otherwise you'd have just said you prefer the Xbox.

Which would have made more sense.

But at least you are not someone without a PC trying to persuade the OP he needs to buy a PC (instead of a PS4) when he clearly doesn't want one.

For page after page after page of the thread.

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 20:03

Clickbait does not remotely fit here.

Obvious fanboy.
What exactly is 'nuts' about owning two consoles?
l could own a PS4, XB1, WiiU, Vita, 3DS and a PC, and still l wouldnt be nuts.
Some people just love games - people have different hobbies and passions. Maybe you like hiking, does that make you nuts? No.

Haiden
14-08-2015, 20:10
I'll be honest in that I clicked the thread title thinking the OP would be explaining about how it's a silly idea and pointless and there's not really much logic to doing so.

You seem to be getting way too defensive about this though.

(disclaimer - I hope me using the word silly didn't offend you in anyway)

And then when you realized it wasn't what you thought, you just had to comment anyway, right? LOL And you really shouldn't assume. I'm not being defensive. I'm simply bored. It's Friday, and I'm running a bunch of queries and procedures that basically just need a babysitter. In between checking screens, and watching the Blue Angels outside my window practicing for this weekend's airshow, I've been entertaining myself reading you and a few others rush to bash people for leaving a platform you seem freakishly vested in. Yeah, I love my Xb, but that doesn't stop me from liking the PS4, as well. Or admitting that, spec-wise, it's a better gaming system. The Xb1 is my favorite, because it's the cornerstone of my media center, which I rely even more than the cable box for non-game related media, but I've always wanted to add a PS4. So there.

Because, as the title says, he's talking to current Xb1 owners who are on the fence about switching. What possible sense would it make to post this in the PS4 section? Are PS4 owners on the fence about switching to PS4? Should I add a few more question marks to that to communicate my utter confusion regarding your comment? :)

But at least you are not someone without a PC trying to persuade the OP he needs to buy a PC (instead of a PS4) when he clearly doesn't want one.

^^^^ Yes, this! Right here! Seriously, what the hell? Like the OP doesn't know about the performance power of PCs...LOL

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 20:13
Should I add a few more question marks to that to communicate my utter confusion regarding your comment? :)

Ouch!

AdM1
14-08-2015, 20:15
But at least you are not someone without a PC trying to persuade the OP he needs to buy a PC when he clearly doesn't want one.

Please feel free to point out where OP expresses this opinion to make it so clear?

You just don't like me expressing a different opinion to your own.

KK78
14-08-2015, 20:19
Please feel free to point out where OP expresses this opinion to make it so clear?

You've been expressing an opinion?

Which is?

AdM1
14-08-2015, 20:19
And then when you realized it wasn't what you thought, you just had to comment anyway, right? LOL

Yes I did because in the OP he stated he wanted the best he could get basically and then bought a PS4 so I felt I should point out the PC is the best platform to play it on.. Didn't expect a bunch of begrudged PS4 fanboys to jump on my back about it tbh.

AdM1
14-08-2015, 20:21

You've been expressing an opinion?

Which is?

Still waiting..

Haiden
14-08-2015, 20:22

What? Do you honestly think he doesn't know that PCs are better? Do you really think he's buying a PS4, because he just didn't realize the PC was a more powerful platform? I mean really Who here doesn't already know that? That's been the case for about two decades. You really think you're being informative? LOL

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 20:23
Yes I did because in the OP he stated he wanted the best he could get basically and then bought a PS4 so I felt I should point out the PC is the best platform to play it on.. Didn't expect a bunch of begrudged PS4 fanboys to jump on my back about it tbh.

Where are these fanboys? l must've missed them.
Only fanboy l've seen so far was that one guy with the fleshed out arguments - and hes on XBOX.

bodyshop
14-08-2015, 20:25
Lol, trot off to ps4 section foir your group reach around..

Haiden
14-08-2015, 20:25

And it never occurred to you that by "best he could get" he probably meant for what he was willing to pay for or deal with, huh? You just assumed it meant he had never heard of PC gaming, or knew PCs were faster--never saw a YouTube video or article mentioning PCs while he was comparing Xb1 and PS4 performance. Yeah...that's a smart assumption on your part....LOL No really, it makes a lot of sense.

AdM1
14-08-2015, 20:26
What? Do you honestly think he doesn't know that PCs are better? Do you really think he's buying a PS4, because he just didn't realize the PC was a more powerful platform? I mean really Who here doesn't already know that? That's been the case for about two decades. You really think you're being informative? LOL

Yes that should be the case but, and I quote again.. He said this.. "I want the best experience. If you take P cars as serious as I do you might consider the jump"

That information is wrong. PS4 is not where the best experience of Project Cars lies, are you really gunna argue against hard facts? LOL.

KK78
14-08-2015, 20:26
Still waiting..

Because he bought a PS4, not a PC or did you not even read that bit?

Oh and I own an XBox One or had you not read about that too.

A one man crusade to prove, well, nothing really, do please continue.... maybe tell us how you know the PC experience* is better if you don't
own one

* It's a trap; subjectivity.

bodyshop
14-08-2015, 20:27
To add buying a ps4 and an Xbox is one thing, doing so then trying to wind up xbox owners that pcars is better on it, THE SAME GAME!! Is NUTS...

AdM1
14-08-2015, 20:27
And it never occurred to you that by "best he could get" he probably meant for what he was willing to pay for or deal with, huh? You just assumed it meant he had never heard of PC gaming, or knew PCs were faster--never saw a YouTube video or article mentioning PCs while he was comparing Xb1 and PS4 performance. Yeah...that's a smart assumption on your part....LOL No really, it makes a lot of sense.

If he's willing to pay £1k+ for a rig and only buy a PS4 I'll say his priorities are in the wrong order.. IMO.

bodyshop
14-08-2015, 20:28
"GT is betterer than Forza and Pcars is betterer than Pcars..." Lol at you

Pink_650S
14-08-2015, 20:29
To add buying a ps4 and an Xbox is one thing, doing so then trying to wind up xbox owners that pcars is better on it, THE SAME GAME!! Is NUTS...

You dont make sense, sorry.

"GT is betterer than Forza and Pcars is betterer than Pcars..." Lol at you

Who said that?

Haiden
14-08-2015, 20:30

Dude, honestly... I don't even own a PS4 yet. I'm a huge Xb1 fanboy, which is one of the reasons it's taken me so long to finally get the PS4. I begrudgingly came to terms with the fact that it's a better gaming system, and that I'd be better off owning both of them. Again, that's just my opinion. No need to tell me you disagree. I only mention it because, if anything, I'm an Xb1 fanboy. However, after chatting with you, I'm not quite sure I'm fanatic enough to call myself one.

bodyshop
14-08-2015, 20:30
And you do? Why are you in Xbox section?? To troll!!

ermo
14-08-2015, 20:32
Let me preface this by stating that I've never owned a game console in my life. I've played other peoples Nintendo/PS/XBox/Sega/whatever consoles and always wondered what the big deal was.

I also like tinkering and programming, which is probably why my gaming is mostly done on the PC where I can modify the parts of the games I care about to be more in line what I want/expect.

And to be honest, the very idea that a title can be exclusive to one platform boggles my mind -- why would you intentionally limit your target audience of your exquisitely crafted piece of gaming art to one single platform? And why would you try to cram every game into a format where you are severely limited by the design of the One True Controllerô?

For me, the tradeoff between a console (pros: well optimized for a specific format -- cons: exclusive titles, limited controller, little or no modding w/high barrier to entry) and a PC (pros: flexibility, programmability, multiple input devices, upgradeability -- cons: flexibility, programmability, multiple input devices, upgradeability) is worth it because PC hardware, Operating Systems and programming happen to be hobbies of mine.

To others, the console is the obvious choice. But for some reason, some people get stuck in the false dichotomy that you have to pick a 'side' and stick with that. In my view, that is an inflexible and ultimately flawed way of thinking. If you must get a console, why not get them all so you don't lose out on the games offered for the other consoles only?

I'm not sure I get what all the fuss is about really...

P.S. I'm here because Robert Dibley from SMS mentioned DX12 on the PC, that's all.

AdM1
14-08-2015, 20:32
Because he bought a PS4, not a PC or did you not even read that bit?

Oh and I own an XBox One or had you not read about that too.

A one man crusade to prove, well, nothing really, do please continue.... maybe tell us how you know the PC experience* is better if you don't
own one

* It's a trap; subjectivity.

Still waiting for you to point it out though.. LOL!

bodyshop
14-08-2015, 20:34
I don't get why if its so much better on ps4 why waste time posting in xbox1 section? I don't go in there, its weird...

Roger Prynne
14-08-2015, 20:37
This is getting pointless guys.... thread closed.