PDA

View Full Version : And so another loss on panorama

Dominator52
14-08-2015, 03:02
This time it was the 24 hour supercar free fall, I went from third to first in the beginning and remained there for several laps then the opponents caught up to me (which usually happens in races like this) and I only managed to get back to 16th place after passing some cars in the pit.

It just feels like no matter what I do or what car I pick, Panorama seems like an unwinnable track.

Unless you guys have a winning strategy you would like to share, I think I will just retire to the pit every time I'm on that track.

Gravit8
14-08-2015, 05:39
Hard to help you if you don't leave details. How many laps.just one stop? How'd you lose 15 spots?
Are you saying you lost them all in the pits somehow and they are required for this race?
Confusing post.

Goofball Antics
14-08-2015, 05:53
Mate if you're Australian then you should know better. Any V8 Supercar driver who gets a win at that track knows its something special to do well there. I'd suggest dropping the AI difficulty a little at that track if you're finding it too difficult to maintain or gain positions. Thats the only advice I've got sorry.

Noxrai
14-08-2015, 06:31
First thing I did when I got this game was go to Bathurst in free practice and I spent the whole night just doing laps around there in the Mclaren gt3. Why? Because I had never driven at Bathurst in a racing game before.
Oh boy did I get a shock. What a challenging track. Might have been a bad idea in hindsight while I was still trying to learn how to simply drive in a straight line lol. But I kept going going and going. Trying to learn the right lines and lower my times.
Now it's one of my favorite tracks, because it is just so fun and rewarding when you nail a lap.

So my advice. Practice practice practice.
Some more advice: Use a low downforce setting on the car, as it's a fast track and you can gain a lot of time because of the two long straights. Nail the corners that lead into the straights and you will be shedding those lap times. All the other corners you can make up time on as well, but learn em slowly and one at a time. Don't overflow your mind with things that you want it to do. Slowly but surely you'll see positive results.

Hope that helps.

Grijo
14-08-2015, 12:50
I think fuel consumption and consistency is the key to do races like that. Less brake mapping, less fuel consumption, less pit stops...and try to do consistent laps and not hit the barriers.

Dominator52
14-08-2015, 14:17
I made two Pit stops for fuel I waited halfway to refuel instead of waiting till the last minute.

The loss of laps was the result of being overtaken after being knocked off the track.

Dominator52
14-08-2015, 14:19
I think fuel consumption and consistency is the key to do races like that. Less brake mapping, less fuel consumption, less pit stops...and try to do consistent laps and not hit the barriers.

I upped my fuel level to max for the P1, maybe that will give me a better chance next time.

TAGS Battfink
14-08-2015, 14:43
First thing I did when I got this game was go to Bathurst in free practice and I spent the whole night just doing laps around there in the Mclaren gt3. Why? Because I had never driven at Bathurst in a racing game before.
Oh boy did I get a shock. What a challenging track. Might have been a bad idea in hindsight while I was still trying to learn how to simply drive in a straight line lol. But I kept going going and going. Trying to learn the right lines and lower my times.
Now it's one of my favorite tracks, because it is just so fun and rewarding when you nail a lap.

So my advice. Practice practice practice.
Some more advice: Use a low downforce setting on the car, as it's a fast track and you can gain a lot of time because of the two long straights. Nail the corners that lead into the straights and you will be shedding those lap times. All the other corners you can make up time on as well, but learn em slowly and one at a time. Don't overflow your mind with things that you want it to do. Slowly but surely you'll see positive results.

Hope that helps.

Bathurst is my fav track hands down, its my test track lol.

Just yesterday i was doing some 20 lap races there in the rain (4 weather slots, light rain, rain, storm, thunder storm) in the bmw gt4 z4 and i love it ;)

Schnizz58
14-08-2015, 15:03
Here's a good guide for how to drive Bathurst. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36327-Advanced-Track-Guide-BATHURST-%28EvoM3%29

Two corners are key: both of the ones leading onto the long straights. Brake early on these corners and get back on the gas before the apex so that you get a good drive out onto the straights. Also up on the hill you have to drive like there are no walls there. Easier said than done for sure.

TheReaper GT
14-08-2015, 15:06
After the main straight, the open right hander and the second left hander are crucial too, one can lose precious tenths there. The firt right can throw the car to the wall if a little faster than usual. The left has a bump at the middle, I saw a lot of people spining out of that turn.

Schnizz58
14-08-2015, 15:14
After the main straight, the open right hander and the second left hander are crucial too, one can lose precious tenths there. The firt right can throw the car to the wall if a little faster than usual. The left has a bump at the middle, I saw a lot of people spining out of that turn.
Yes, and the same is true of the last corner before the long back straight (Forrest's Elbow). There's a dip on the left side at the apex and if you get your left wheel into it and steer too much, you will spin out to the left. Of course if you don't steer enough, you're into the wall on the right. Challenging track...if you turn a good lap at this place you should be proud.

Grijo
14-08-2015, 15:16
With less brake mapping, the Mclaren F1 saved enough fuel to 1 more lap in Nordschleife when i did Green Hell invitational.

TheReaper GT
14-08-2015, 15:19
Yes, and the same is true of the last corner before the long back straight (Forrest's Elbow). There's a dip on the left side at the apex and if you get your left wheel into it and steer too much, you will spin out to the left. Of course if you don't steer enough, you're into the wall on the right. Challenging track...if you turn a good lap at this place you should be proud.

Sure thing.. I love it. I played one entire evening with the Bentley until I got the 2:07 that I wanted with it. :D:D

Jezza819
14-08-2015, 17:04

Correct. You almost have to know where the bumps are more severe at because the car can loose contact with the ground then if your wheel is turned slightly too much when it comes back down it can shoot you into a wall. I also try to stick as close to the wall at The Cutting as I can. That way I'm already on the left side of the track and can apply more power heading up towards Skyline as opposed to having to move over there after taking The Cutting too wide.

It's a challenging track, no doubt. I love it though. The mountain is like driving down a bobsled track but the lower parts are nice and open.

Kruleworld
14-08-2015, 23:54
Having played bathurst in every game that had it, i have a pretty good level of familiarity at Panorama. I'm usually quicker across the top of the mountain and slower on the rest. Getting good lines across the top is key and keeping the car off the walls is the trick to winning (assuming you have damage turned on).

nhitrac
15-08-2015, 01:35
Whoa just had an awesome battle with AI on a 20 lap GT4 race. Starting in 10th and worked my way up to 3rd by the 17th lap when the girlfriend called. Quickly glanced at her and BAM! Into the wall at The Cutting, fell back to 4th and spent the last few laps driving with the wheel offset by 30 degrees :mad:

Question: On a 20 lap race, shouldn't the race be over on lap 21? As I crossed the finish line on lap 20 it just went straight to the summary page...

Dresden
15-08-2015, 03:49
We should all just consider ourselves lucky. In the 'old' days before barriers the cars would just fly off Skyline and end up in the paddocks with the cows and sheep. And not to mention the days before pace cars when a truck would just drive to the top of the Mountain and pick up the broken down vehicles. Try charging across the top in a Group C race car and finding a slow moving tray truck doing 40 kph in front of you. That was a real test of courage!

321Respawn
15-08-2015, 04:50
If you want help on how to win on a track you need to give full details of how you are doing the race .
What car ,what assists if any ,abs,traction control etc ,what AI strength ,how many laps .
As mentioned earlier despite the many tight turns on the track a low downforce setup is a must and set your gears for top speed .I run the McLaren down the final straight hitting the rev limiter by the time I am into the braking zone .

Bloodwave
28-08-2015, 14:08
This time it was the 24 hour supercar free fall, .

Hi,

Could you tell me how did you manage to compete in this event ? as it seems tied to "Win X constructor Championships" trigger, which is still glitched for me.