PDA

View Full Version : Career Mode a Little Confusing

Oxter
14-08-2015, 06:34
I find career mode a little confusing.

1) Is there a way to see what Tier the offer is for? So far I've done Kart, Super Kart and Clio which I assume are tier 8,7 and 6 respectively. I've also done Formula Gulf but I've no idea what tier that is. How do I know what is in tier 5 so that I can progress one tier at a time?
2) When I receive offers from teams is there a way to see what car the team is driving? For instance I just accepted a GT4 offer and to my dismay found out I'm driving a bloody Mustang, one of the worst cars ever! It would be nice to review more details about the offer before accepting it.
3) When I finish a race I'd like to be able to go back and compare all my lap times and perhaps compare them to the race leaders lap times. Is there a way to look at your lap times after a race?

Cheers

Steve

danowat
14-08-2015, 08:04
1) Not sure.

2) It generally tells you on the offer email, FWIW, I found the GT4 Stang pretty competitive..........

3) No.

freddo26
14-08-2015, 09:49
With point 2,

If you read your contract offers carefully, they say;

"I'm so and so from this team, and we would like the pleasure of you driving our (insert car name here) in the GT# category."

At least that what i saw anyways.

KK78
14-08-2015, 10:59
For the 1st one;

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/galleries/1679/Freedom.jpg

For the rest, the others chaps have covered them, some contracts don't mention the car but most do and you should get several offers for each class not just one.

Bealdor
14-08-2015, 11:01
For the rest, the others chaps have covered them, some contracts don't mention the car but most do and you should get several offers for each class not just one.

AFAIK this does only happen in invitational events where you can choose your car.

pigsy
14-08-2015, 11:03
Point 3. +1

KK78
14-08-2015, 11:15
AFAIK this does only happen in invitational events where you can choose your car.

I definitely recall when selecting new contracts that most of them mention the car, this is a recent one when I got a drive in the RUF RGT-8

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLqU2WyWsAAT-fC.jpg:large

So you don't get to choose the car but should have several offers so you can choose the contract with the car you prefer. So it's kinda a choice, just not a comprehensive one for each class.

NemethR
14-08-2015, 11:37
I find career mode a little confusing.

1) Is there a way to see what Tier the offer is for? So far I've done Kart, Super Kart and Clio which I assume are tier 8,7 and 6 respectively. I've also done Formula Gulf but I've no idea what tier that is. How do I know what is in tier 5 so that I can progress one tier at a time?
2) When I receive offers from teams is there a way to see what car the team is driving? For instance I just accepted a GT4 offer and to my dismay found out I'm driving a bloody Mustang, one of the worst cars ever! It would be nice to review more details about the offer before accepting it.
3) When I finish a race I'd like to be able to go back and compare all my lap times and perhaps compare them to the race leaders lap times. Is there a way to look at your lap times after a race?

Cheers

Steve

#1. No, you don't see.
Maybe this is a little help:

Tier 8: 125cc Kart
Tier 7: 250cc Superkart
Tier 6: Formula Rookie, Renault Clio
Tier 5: Formula Gulf, Ginetta G40
Tier 4: Formula C, GT4, Prototype 1(?)
Tier 3: Formula B, GT3, Prototype 2
Tier 2: Formula A, Endurance, LMP2
Tier 1: LMP 1

#2.
If you read the contract offer, you will see the car mentioned in the text.

#3.
Sadly not (yet) possible.

Oxter
14-08-2015, 16:40
Thanks everyone,

KK78 that graphic is the one I was trying to find. I guess you only get to see it when you start a new contract.

I love the driving part of the game I just wish there was more ability to look at and analyze lap times and compare that to the telemetry by saving the telemetry to a file so I can see what is going on with the car around the whole track.

Oxter

TheReaper GT
14-08-2015, 16:42
One silly question, you advance from a lower tier to a higher one or you keep playing season after season in the same tier? (didn't play much of career yet).

Schnizz58
14-08-2015, 16:54
Thanks everyone,

KK78 that graphic is the one I was trying to find. I guess you only get to see it when you start a new contract.

I love the driving part of the game I just wish there was more ability to look at and analyze lap times and compare that to the telemetry by saving the telemetry to a file so I can see what is going on with the car around the whole track.

Oxter
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23284-pCARS-Profiler-%28Telemetry-amp-Analysis%29-PC-ONLY-v1-6