PDA

View Full Version : Maybe more light in night races?

Iwanchek
14-08-2015, 10:43
Ive drove few night races, Nordschleife, Barcelona..Monza...and oohhh my, that light what we got now is just to weak... When i drove the Nordschleife my eyes were almost out of my head coming out....Monza for example as well..hard to see the Apexes, really really hard to drive and it goes on the eyes pretty hard tho!

What yall think about this one?

NemethR
14-08-2015, 11:17
Its realistic.

When you drive your street car at 200km/h in the night, thrust me, its also very scary. (Not talking about the Highway).

Let say, the high beams illuminate a 100m area in front of your car.
At 200km/h you travel 55meters every second, so the area you see in front of you, is where you will be in less then 2 seconds.
In Project Cars you drive mostly above 200km/h, that means its even less.

At 300km/h you travel 84meters every sec, so thats basicly "1 sec" of road, that you see in front of the car.

TheReaper GT
14-08-2015, 11:19
Its realistic.

When you drive your street car at 200km/h in the night, thrust me, its also very scary. (Not talking about the Highway).

Let say, the high beams illuminate a 100m area in front of your car.
At 200km/h you travel 55meters every second, so the area you see in front of you, is where you will be in less then 2 seconds.
In Project Cars you drive mostly above 200km/h, that means its even less.

At 300km/h you travel 84meters every sec, so thats basicly "1 sec" of road, that you see in front of the car.

Agreed, racing at night needs more attention and care from the driver. You can't go as fast as you do in day light...

KK78
14-08-2015, 11:29
If there are no lights around the Green Hell, which I'm pretty sure there isn't, then there should be no lights in the game, having done 170mph down an Autobahn in my younger years I can say you definitely need to concentrate :D:eek:

Invincible
14-08-2015, 11:33
The Green Hell at night is as dark as my ex-gf's heart. Unless it is a VLN race, then you might have some areas where it is a bit less dark due to campfires and RV's and other lights from the audience.

barmydoughnut
14-08-2015, 17:02
I'd say the realism is fine but I guess if you haven't already you could improve he brightness. I'm not big on the technical side so this is something hat I would probably change if I wanted to.

senn
14-08-2015, 17:19
I think in real life a lot of the cars run extra lighting for night endurance racing (see the corvettes with the centre mounted massive spot/flood lights) But obviously at this stage that isn't a thing in pCars.

TECH_SMITH
14-08-2015, 20:42
Yes, it's the brightness/Intensity in the immediate front area of the vehicle +/-100-300Ft. Should light up & reflect off objects a good degree more. But dark as black ink after.

NebuCD
14-08-2015, 21:56
Do the AI have slower laptimes in the dark? Personally have only done the Formula races and so I haven't had a chance to see it.