PDA

View Full Version : Cold Tires Throughout The Race

Denco
14-08-2015, 12:29
So I was racing the main GT3 race in the career mode when I noticed something very strange. I went for my mandatory pit stop at lap 12 to change my tyres. As I've exited the pit my tires were all green meaning they had the right temperature. But 3 laps later all of the turned blue except for the first left one. Now this caused me to loose time by 3 second making it impossible to stay competitive so I ended up on the 9th place from my 1st place because of the lack of grip.

Does anyone have any idea why the hell my tires wen't cold?

Grijo
14-08-2015, 12:44
Can you describe it better? What track, time of day and weather when race started, what type of tyres you were using when race started, time of day and weather when you entered in pits and what type of tyres you put after pits...

Denco
14-08-2015, 12:47
The track was Road America. I think that the time that the main race started was 1800 but sadly I don't know the time at which I was getting into the pits. And I also don't know the tires I was using since I didn't change anything. The same when leaving the pit.

danowat
14-08-2015, 12:47
If they were fine up till your pitstop, then it must have been a setting you chose in your pit strategy, maybe to much tyre pressure, or the wrong tyre compound.

Denco
14-08-2015, 12:52
I didn't change anything at the pit stop. I didn't even went into the options.

danowat
14-08-2015, 12:56
I didn't change anything at the pit stop. I didn't even went into the options.

That might be the problem, it's bugged at the moment, and the game can stick spurious settings in, fixed in 3.0 though I believe.

Always pays to check it once you enter pit lane.

Grijo
14-08-2015, 12:57
The track was Road America. I think that the time that the main race started was 1800 but sadly I don't know the time at which I was getting into the pits. And I also don't know the tires I was using since I didn't change anything. The same when leaving the pit.

The only thing i can think right now is that you started with tyres in auto selection (sometimes can work to select the best tyre to the moment). So, when you entered the pits to change them, the selected type was different than when you started...you have to pay attention to that kind of things or all of your races are going to be ruined. Hope that could help

Denco
14-08-2015, 13:00
I was kind of hoping that my mechanics know what they're doing.

Grijo
14-08-2015, 13:06

Not at the moment but will be fixed. Trust me, learn to pick your own tyre, feel the difference between them, maybe you feel more confortable with a different type of tire than what is chosen by auto select

Denco
14-08-2015, 13:08
Ok, I'll be more careful with what tires I'm having. Also I've fired all of the mechanics :)

Grijo
14-08-2015, 13:13
Ok, I'll be more careful with what tires I'm having. Also I've fired all of the mechanics :)

LOL, well done!!! ;)

Denco
17-08-2015, 18:11
It happened again. Went to my mandatory pit stop while my tires were changed I was not refueled. I personally went into the settings and set the custom amount of fuel and made sure that the right tires were selected. This is post patch 3.0.

Had to exit from the race. Sadly I can't continue with my career until this issues are resolved.

Bealdor
17-08-2015, 18:15
It happened again. Went to my mandatory pit stop while my tires were changed I was not refueled. I personally went into the settings and set the custom amount of fuel and made sure that the right tires were selected. This is post patch 3.0.

Had to exit from the race. Sadly I can't continue with my career until this issues are resolved.

What series where you racing?

Denco
17-08-2015, 18:23
What series where you racing?

Same as in my first post. GT 3.

Bealdor
17-08-2015, 18:26
Same as in my first post. GT 3.

I'm giving you the same answer I gave you here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36911-Pit-stop-not-applying&p=1081006&viewfull=1#post1081006

GT3 series are not allowing refuelling. That's not a bug, it's how this series is designed ingame.

Denco
17-08-2015, 18:30
I'm giving you the same answer I gave you here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36911-Pit-stop-not-applying&p=1081006&viewfull=1#post1081006

GT3 series are not allowing refuelling. That's not a bug, it's how this series is designed ingame.

Didn't realized that. Thx bud.

Jon r43
17-08-2015, 18:45
I fell foul of that one..... 3.0 is supposed to indicate with a red line somewhere if you don't put enough fuel in pre race to get to the end..... But I don't remember seeing that and run out on Watkens Glen with about .5 of a lap to go in my GT3.... I'm guessing my driving style is Wasteful which won't be a surprise to me!!

Bealdor
17-08-2015, 18:52
I fell foul of that one..... 3.0 is supposed to indicate with a red line somewhere if you don't put enough fuel in pre race to get to the end..... But I don't remember seeing that and run out on Watkens Glen with about .5 of a lap to go in my GT3.... I'm guessing my driving style is Wasteful which won't be a surprise to me!!

The arrow only turns red in the pit strategy screen during the race, not pre race.

Jon r43
17-08-2015, 21:06
So how do I make sure I have enough fuel? Check at the start of the race?

Schnizz58
17-08-2015, 21:08
Use your practice session to find out what your fuel consumption is per lap. Then just multiply by the length of the race and add a couple of laps worth to be safe.

Jon r43
17-08-2015, 21:14
Thanks or over fill it but that comes with a penalty..... I guess it's something you have to do in real life ;)

3800racingfool
17-08-2015, 21:28

Use your practice session to find out what your fuel consumption is per lap. Then just multiply by the length of the race and add a couple of laps worth to be safe.

As of patch 3.0 it should tell you in the setup screen roughly how many laps you'll make off your selected amount of fuel. I'm not sure if that estimated number changes after you've run laps in practice but I've found it generally leaves me with a little bit more fuel than needed. (ie: I put in what's calculated as 16 laps of fuel, I get nearly 20 out of it)

hkraft300
18-08-2015, 03:18

Haha I wish! Even engineer Ben has little idea what's going on lol
No mate you'll have to be specific and vigilant with what you need in your pit stop.
They're better at tire pressures now, but I still have multiple strategies saved eg fuel only, wet/hard/soft tires, damage only etc

Patch 3.0 gives fuel estimate but I find it a little conservative as yet. Not entirely a bad thing, but I've already run dry on the "parade" lap