PDA

View Full Version : No Audi R18 e-tron quattro in Endurance series?!?!

Wildcat270
14-08-2015, 14:01
Just got the patch 3.0 and I had a career in which I'm in the Endurance series driving the old Audi R18 TDI and no Audi R18 e-tron quattro. So I start a new game in the endurance series with a lmp2 team to see if maybe it was the save game and to my surprise NO AUDI! What good is to have the endurance series where you run the 24hr of le mans and your still using a dated audi against modern spec lmp1?! It's in the lmp1 series but not in the endurance series. I'm grateful for the patch but I though SMS would not have done this. Replace the old audi at HSM with new or is it more complicated than that? Explanation to this would be nice.

Wildcat270
14-08-2015, 19:10
Bump

Machinist90
14-08-2015, 19:23
maybe you have to unlock the contract...? not a clue

Wildcat270
14-08-2015, 19:26
I would think that if the new Audi R18 e-tron quattro was in the endurance series but it isnt. It's still the same teams with the same cars. 4 RWD lmp1 and the 2 old Audis. It's like the endurance series was just forgot about

LM24z
14-08-2015, 20:10
I just noticed this too. Hugely disappointing for me. I hope the endurance series contract for the R18 Quattro can somehow be unlocked.

Wildcat270
14-08-2015, 20:24
Yea I'm about to go to my backup save game and atleast drive the bentley in the gt3 series

LM24z
14-08-2015, 23:37
Is somebody able to confirm if the R18 e-tron endurance series contract is even in the game?

Wildcat270
15-08-2015, 04:33
I agree LM24z. Need some confirmation. Till then I'm using a different save and driving the Bentley Continental GT3. I feel that leaving the new Audi out of the endurance series makes me not even want to drive the endurance series

Yuyuko
15-08-2015, 05:46
LMP1 and Endurance!LMP1 are two different things. The patch adds in the new R18 for the single-class LMP1 series, not the multi-class championship. Doesn't mean it's not a disappointment though :/

Wildcat270
15-08-2015, 08:07
Yea it is a disappointment when lmp1 run in multi class endurance racing. Also, it's a disappointment due to the fact that in the endurance series you're using a 4 year old audi against modern spec cars and the other 4 in the lmp1 category in the Endurance Series are the same manufacturer. So yes I will call that a disappointment. I'm enjoying the rest if the patch but that there really burns Mr considering this is one of the first games in a long time to do multi class endurance racing. How hard would it be to re code the game and have the HSM team that uses the old audi use the new one instead.

Machinist90
15-08-2015, 13:40
guess they looked over it,pretty sure they'll add it in one of the upcoming patches

miagi
15-08-2015, 13:50
LMP1 and Endurance!LMP1 are two different things. The patch adds in the new R18 for the single-class LMP1 series, not the multi-class championship. Doesn't mean it's not a disappointment though :/

guess they looked over it,pretty sure they'll add it in one of the upcoming patches

What are you guys talking about, nothing was overlooked you just don't get it, also the word "disappointment" is highly overused in this thread. The class with the Marek, RWD and the older Audi is set up to be in balance, kinda. Everyone that knows something about Endurance racing resp. the WEC, should know that the spec 2014+ LMP1 cars got quite a good bit quicker. There is no point in putting a faster car in a class with other that can't match the performance.

Wildcat270
15-08-2015, 14:45
Idk Miami that RWD P30 is pretty damn quick. Turn up the difficulty in the esurance series and that thing was hauling compared to the old audi

Machinist90
15-08-2015, 15:17
What are you guys talking about, nothing was overlooked you just don't get it, also the word "disappointment" is highly overused in this thread. The class with the Marek, RWD and the older Audi is set up to be in balance, kinda. Everyone that knows something about Endurance racing resp. the WEC, should know that the spec 2014+ LMP1 cars got quite a good bit quicker. There is no point in putting a faster car in a class with other that can't match the performance.

yet in LMP1 career it's "balanced" then? your argument makes no sense

LM24z
15-08-2015, 17:05
What are you guys talking about, nothing was overlooked you just don't get it, also the word "disappointment" is highly overused in this thread. The class with the Marek, RWD and the older Audi is set up to be in balance, kinda. Everyone that knows something about Endurance racing resp. the WEC, should know that the spec 2014+ LMP1 cars got quite a good bit quicker. There is no point in putting a faster car in a class with other that can't match the performance. I'd say it's disappointing because I can't drive my favorite car in my favorite series :(

Maybe I'm the minority, but one of the biggest things I was looking forward to in the game was to be able to do proper multi class endurance events with newer spec cars.

Wildcat270
15-08-2015, 22:03
No you are right LM24z. I agree with you 110%. I looked forward to same thing. But they guy who is defending it is a WMD member so there ya go

Bealdor
16-08-2015, 08:47
Notified devs. Let's see if it's intended or it just got overlooked.

deadly
16-08-2015, 10:24
Is somebody able to confirm if the R18 e-tron endurance series contract is even in the game?

just finished the lmp rookie series (if this is the right name, the series where you can drive the palmer jaguar). afterwards, i got 3 offers:

one for repeating the same series, one for the lmp1 with the audi e - tron (which i accepted:)) and another one for gt 3 with the bentley. so yes, there are dlc cars in career mode. did start my career about one week after game came out, so it obviously does not matter after which patch you started your career.

24Lemons
16-08-2015, 11:50
I really wish that something will be done to make the most of the DLC cars within single player mode. There is a great range of real life LMP machinery now available and it would be fantastic to have them racing together yet whenever I set up a race using, say the BMW V12 LMR, I get a grid made up predominantly of the fictional cars, yet there are numerous AUDI R8's and the Bentleys that could be there instead. Even if you threw in the more modern cars, like the R18's and the Alpines, it would feel that bit more authentic.

Then there's the whole multi class mess that wont allow you to simulate proper LMP/GT multi class endurance races outside of career mode, which has grids limited to 30 and full of made up cars.

It comes back to the often mentioned custom grids feature that many of us want. For a game that places such a heavy emphasis on Sportscar racing, which has all of the elements present to create an really authentic experience, to not be able to bring them together in a sensible fashion is particularly galling.

If we could pick our own grids, with LMP1, LMP2 and GT classes and set time limited races, the game would take a massive leap further towards being the game I hoped it would be.

Wildcat270
16-08-2015, 12:37
Thanks for letting them know Bealdor. Also I agree with you 24lemons. Time limit and proper mixed class would be great

Machinist90
16-08-2015, 13:51
to miagi who messaged me/took away reputation "just because you don't understand it, doesn mean it makes no sense"
it doesn't make sense since the LMP1 career are the same cars as endurance just without multiclass racing....nice move there...think before you react please

DJBLITZKRIEG
16-08-2015, 15:46
I used it last night in the LMP1 series, I don't know if it was a one off bug, but the steering was way off. Overly sensitive, I checked the settings, everything was ok. I used the t500 F1 add on. As soon as I moved the wheel even a centimeter to the left the car would go into full lock. This only happened in the career mode. When I exited the game and went into single player to test it, the problem disappeared.

Has this happened to anyone else?

LM24z
16-08-2015, 18:43
Notified devs. Let's see if it's intended or it just got overlooked.
Thanks!

Wildcat270
17-08-2015, 12:52
Any word from the devs on this?

DonDalle
17-08-2015, 17:15
Thanks for connecting to the devs. I'd also like to drive the new Audi in the Endurance Series

Wildcat270
18-08-2015, 14:00
Any word yet from the devs on this topic?

DanBeats90
20-08-2015, 15:25
Hi guys. Just wondering whether the Audi R18 etron quattro is in the World Endurance Championship, either as a contract offer (when you earn it) or just AI controlled? I noticed it is now a contract offer for LMP1 Championship which is ace, but I'd rather race it in the WEC! It wasn't being used by the AI in the European Endurance Championship when I looked, hence why I'm asking.

Also, on a separate issue, does anybody know if and when Le Man's 24 Hours will be playable from Quick Race Weekend mode? At present all you can establish are number of laps, not time. Thanks in advance!

DanBeats90
21-08-2015, 12:28
Anyone? Thanks in advance for your help.

Bealdor
21-08-2015, 12:33
Threads merged.

As of now, the 2014 Audi R18 e-tron quattro is only competing in the LMP1 series.

valdzor
21-08-2015, 12:49
Sadly the R18 etron isn"t, dunno why but it's stupid. They coudl've done an alt WEC with the marek LMP1/2, the audi R18-etron, the Alpine etc...

For the quick race , you can set the number of laps done by an LMP1 to matcb 24hrs

Machinist90
21-08-2015, 18:18
Sadly the R18 etron isn"t, dunno why but it's stupid. They coudl've done an alt WEC with the marek LMP1/2, the audi R18-etron, the Alpine etc...

For the quick race , you can set the number of laps done by an LMP1 to matcb 24hrs

true but it's such a hassle to get it right,you'd have to match the amount of laps to your average lap speed,not saying it's impossible but I'd rather just have an option to switch between laps-racelength

Wildcat270
24-08-2015, 03:09
Kinda feel like this is being ignored

Sasquatch
24-08-2015, 04:07
it's there though, I got a contract featuring the R18 etron from Final Drive in the LMP1 champ. :)

MitchR32
24-08-2015, 04:53
It's not in the endurance series tho, that's what people are asking about....

Sasquatch
24-08-2015, 05:48
Oh. That's uhhh, kind of weak.