PDA

View Full Version : Career races AI on out laps

Fidge376
14-08-2015, 17:14
Is anyone else getting that the Ai on out laps are fast and they have cold tyres and brakes as with anyone exiting the pits without tyre blankets. Like it's pretty annoying when trying to warm the car on the out lap.

D1rty Duck UK
14-08-2015, 17:27
Is anyone else getting that the Ai on out laps are fast and they have cold tyres and brakes as with anyone exiting the pits without tyre blankets. Like it's pretty annoying when trying to warm the car on the out lap.

Yep always been like this, don't see it being fixed either

Fidge376
14-08-2015, 17:42
Not just me then.. oh well hope they fix soon

Nivracer
14-08-2015, 18:22
I really hope they fix this too. I've been racing Renault Clio cup cars. On Qualifying and practice they act like they come out with preheated tiers. It takes me 2-4 laps to get the rear tiers warm.

bc525
14-08-2015, 18:29
Yes, this is very frustrating especially during qualifying. Part of the reason why I just don't stay committed to the career mode for very long. And I wish the AI weren't always in 'race' mode, I wish they had a setting/scripting to make them follow typical practice and qualifying etiquette (meaning pull over for cars on a fast lap or just taking it easy during practice).

Career with its always aggressive AI and scripted weather (for a while there every session had rain at some point) kind of gets boring after a while and I just stay exclusively with quick solo races and online racing. But I do go back and spend a little time advancing my career a little more.

Schnizz58
14-08-2015, 20:11
Supposedly they already did fix it but I haven't noticed a difference.

tpw
15-08-2015, 08:15
Supposedly they already did fix it but I haven't noticed a difference.
Yeah I think Doug changed things so that AI drove a little slower for their first 1000m or something like that, which is better than nothing. But I'd be happier with something like bc525's suggestion of qualifying vs racing AI behaviour modes.

D1rty Duck UK
15-08-2015, 12:21
Yeah I think Doug changed things so that AI drove a little slower for their first 1000m or something like that, which is better than nothing. But I'd be happier with something like bc525's suggestion of qualifying vs racing AI behaviour modes.

If thats the case it hasn't worked.

They are way to quick on cold tyres, they leave me for dead

fitzsteve
15-08-2015, 13:22
It's a shame these issues have not been addressed in patches, I'd rather the AI fixed instead of water trails on the windscreen

Schnizz58
15-08-2015, 16:57
I seem to remember that too but I don't think 1km is enough. In any case I don't think it's a massive issue. It's annoying for sure but it really only affects you during qualifying. The main problem is that on your out lap 1 or 2 AI cars will pass you and then once your tires warm up, you'll be stuck behind them (because they won't let you by even in qualy). My solution is to leave the pits last and go just fast enough on the out lap to get the tires warm. That leaves a big gap between you and the last AI so you have room to turn a good couple of hot laps before you catch him.

KkDrummer
15-08-2015, 19:47

yep..I remember reading that as well, but I thought it was coming in 3.0???