PDA

View Full Version : When are they going to fix the GUI?

Jweaver
14-08-2015, 17:47
I cant believe that 3 patches in, the movement around the GUI is still all over the place.. You move left right, and the select box jumps up/down as you do.

Its a minor issue for sure, but its so annoying and just prevents the game from feeling "polisehd". Its such a simple issue, i am surprised it hasnt beenfixed during the general,evolution of the product and gradual tidy up of th code...

It such a shame that minor issues like this (which are so easy to fix) are still present in th game after so many months.

Roll on 4.0 i guess....

Scuderia Paul
15-08-2015, 20:29
They are minor issues as you said but they are frustrating nonetheless. I don't think the UI is particularly user-friendly and is more suited to mouse movement. The UI screens for selecting a car is a little slow and having the liveries not save is ridiculous too.

Photo Mode needs to be scrapped and rebuilt from scratch also.

Gameplay is sorted and is the most enjoyable racing title I've ever used, but the package round it needs work and refinement.

MK153
19-08-2015, 18:22
You move left right, and the select box jumps up/down as you do.

I'll just throw out a quick "second" on this one - there have been many times that I get back to Race Central and press X - only to find out I was on the Abandon Season button. I know there is a saftey net of the "Are you sure?" modal but none-the-less I've almost accidentally done this so many times its a bit un-nerving.

See "Error Prevention":

http://www.nngroup.com/articles/ten-usability-heuristics/

JohnSchoonsBeard
19-08-2015, 18:35
I cant believe that 3 patches in, the movement around the GUI is still all over the place.. You move left right, and the select box jumps up/down as you do.

Its a minor issue for sure, but its so annoying and just prevents the game from feeling "polisehd". Its such a simple issue, i am surprised it hasnt beenfixed during the general,evolution of the product and gradual tidy up of th code...

It such a shame that minor issues like this (which are so easy to fix) are still present in th game after so many months.

Roll on 4.0 i guess....

I think it's done on purpose. As you move left or right on the main screen it remembers the last option you chose in each column. It seems to work for me. Once I worked out what it was doing I liked it as it can save time.

Jweaver
19-08-2015, 21:15
I think it's done on purpose. As you move left or right on the main screen it remembers the last option you chose in each column. It seems to work for me. Once I worked out what it was doing I liked it as it can save time.

Your arnt wrong. Never notcied that. I thought it was random. Now i know. Perhaps its a bonus?