PDA

View Full Version : Not a racing simulator after patch 3.0

marcioindau
14-08-2015, 20:12
I bought this "simulator" as were sold to me and I posted about 10 topics about AI MECHANICAL DAMAGES and DNF

And you still "forgot" ??? Give me a break Iīm felling really disapointed with you guys.

Bealdor
14-08-2015, 20:15
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29025-Confirmed-Post-44-AI-mechanical-failures-and-DNFs&p=981690&viewfull=1#post981690

They didn't "forget". They just fixed more important/real bugs instead of adding this feature.

k.merse
15-08-2015, 04:07
In other words, it most likely won't be finished till PCars2 :P

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
15-08-2015, 04:27
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29025-Confirmed-Post-44-AI-mechanical-failures-and-DNFs&p=981690&viewfull=1#post981690

They didn't "forget". They just fixed more important/real bugs instead of adding this feature.

I don't want to say this is more important than other fixes, but it would be a great feature. I've always hated being the only one capable of experiencing race-ending difficulties in games.

nhitrac
15-08-2015, 08:30
I don't get it, I had a race today where I dived in the inside of an AI. They bounced off me into a barrier and lost a front wheel. Showed up as a DNF at the end of the race.

Isn't that what you're asking for?

Dutchmountains
15-08-2015, 15:22
Put tire wear on 3 x.
Then see what happens.

ports
15-08-2015, 15:28
I don't get it, I had a race today where I dived in the inside of an AI. They bounced off me into a barrier and lost a front wheel. Showed up as a DNF at the end of the race.

Isn't that what you're asking for?

No i think he's on about engine failures not crashing and losing parts.

marcioindau
16-08-2015, 00:42

AI DNF is not a feature. Its part of a propper race, and this game as were sold as a racing simulator.

RTA nOsKiLlS
16-08-2015, 00:58
I bought this "simulator" as were sold to me and I posted about 10 topics about AI MECHANICAL DAMAGES and DNF

And you still "forgot" ??? Give me a break Iīm felling really disapointed with you guys.

You bought a "simulator" to race the A.I? A.I should only be being raced against, when your internet connection is down, or XBL/PSN/STEAM.

Just go to multiplayer, and "simulate" your race with real people. How many races have you seen in real life, that have A.I in them????

:)

leithnow
16-08-2015, 02:58
Oh so people who prefer single player can't have a simulator experience cuz you just can't have good enough AI? That's silly. Unless your multiplayer session consists exclusively of professional racers, it could be argued that multiplayer gets you no closer to simulation than single should.

AdM1
16-08-2015, 03:04
I'll be honest AI I didn't mind at first when I got the game not sure what patch messed it up but now they are always trying to dive up the inside (even using the grass in some cases) just to get past.

Chicanes is where it gets me, it seems I brake earlier but accelerate earlier than ai so into the corner they are trying to get past (not very tidily) and then out the corner I'm leaving them behind.

It doesn't bother me too much just thought I'd point out I preferred AI on release.

RTA nOsKiLlS
16-08-2015, 03:48
Oh so people who prefer single player can't have a simulator experience cuz you just can't have good enough AI? That's silly. Unless your multiplayer session consists exclusively of professional racers, it could be argued that multiplayer gets you no closer to simulation than single should.

I just don't understand why anyone would choose to play against A.I, over a human opponent. It was enough for me, in the days before high speed internet, but when that came, its been all about the multiplayer.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. You enjoy playing with yourself.

;)

nhitrac
16-08-2015, 03:57
I just don't understand why anyone would choose to play against A.I, over a human opponent.

;)

For me the sole reason was because pCars had that weird STEAM region matching thing and I'd only get 1 or 2 lobbies to choose from. Havent tried multiplayer since then...

Gravit8
16-08-2015, 04:27

I'd agree the AI provides a much more consistent competitive experience.
You ever seen how many people quit once they realize they are not fast enough to win. Not a problem with AI.
Finding actual humans worth racing against requires an effort or league to join. The AI does not.

leithnow
16-08-2015, 04:56
I just don't understand why anyone would choose to play against A.I, over a human opponent. It was enough for me, in the days before high speed internet, but when that came, its been all about the multiplayer.

;)

You enjoy being ignorant and arrogant. ;)

Dutchmountains
16-08-2015, 06:18

;)

On this planet with so many people is not everybody thinking like you.
Accept and respect that!

RTA nOsKiLlS
16-08-2015, 11:55
Most people buy games for the multiplayer.

I'd much rather race real people, even if they do quit because they cant win.

Twice I've smoked a MUFC fan, and he has quit when he realises he cannot win. You just can't do that to an A.I. ;)

MrFlibble81
16-08-2015, 12:02

Not sure where you're getting that from but okay. Think you'll find that with the exception of CoDand BF most AAA games are single player experiences with multiplayer tacked on as to extend the life of the game.

Roger Prynne
16-08-2015, 12:08

Twice I've smoked a MUFC fan, and he has quit when he realises he cannot win. You just can't do that to an A.I. ;)

Where did you get that info from, or are you just referring to yourself?

TrevorAustin
16-08-2015, 12:19

Absolute nonsense. No idea what the actual stats are, i have no real interest in multiplayer. My real friends are pwoplewi physically see and go out with, not faceless internet people.

Attempting to interact at a normal level in this forum alone proves the difficulties of that, all the aggression and fake personalities. we don't need to play multiplayer games to live a fantasy life, but if people want to fine, just don't assume everybody wants the same as you.

maurice-pascale
16-08-2015, 12:24

Yeah, i think you speak for yourself.....there are some people which buy only a game for multiplayer, always the BF and COD gamer, which only want to mess with each other.....

but for me is multiplayer so damn unimportand and i never play multiplayer......i enjoy it more to play a game singleplayer, also at Pcars, but i hope the AI get better in the future.....and on multiplayer (all games) there are almost always just people which do S*** and destroy playing together....with good friends it can be a nice thing, but i am still the opinion only multiplayer games for the future will destroy the games and the expirience with them

And when i hear here all those talking about the online crash driver, i better play singleplayer and have my fun......to much crazy guy's out there in the online gaming!

rams1de
16-08-2015, 12:58
Where did you get that info from, or are you just referring to yourself?

He's trolling. Again.

Namron
16-08-2015, 13:18
I only ever play single player, I have no interest in the online Multi player at all :).... I made sure when I first looked at PCars that there was the single Play option in the advertising blurb that then led me to buy the game.... & Damnnnned!!!!.... Pleased I did too :encouragement:...

This certainly seems like a Racing Sim to me...... To get the best out the car & yourself you have to spend some time setting various things up & PCars gives you OOODLES of various settings that you can manipulate & try out before you find the sweet spot.... Very similar to what real teams do at EACH race meeting they go to to get the best quali & race times for that track for that particular day or weekends Racing....... Isn't It??....

I know there are still the odd thing that needs sorting for some people, But for the most part I think this Update has been Chuffing Brilliant & shows that SMS & Crew are behind this all the way, So we can surely expect more of the same improvements as we go.... Just means some are going to need to be a bit more Patient than others before certain things are tackled... IT CAN'T ALL BE DONE IN ONE HIT!!!..... Just my tuppance worth you understand ;)....

Nam....

one1two
16-08-2015, 13:53
When Titanfall was being released Respawn did say they were doing multiplayer only because data showed how much higher the rate of multiplayer was vs single player. EA was behind Titanfall and now they're going the same route with the new Star Wars. I don't have any figures and I don't care personally either way just figured I'd throw that out there. Also for the record I know both games I mentioned fall inline with the COD Battlefield side of things.

NutsMammoth
16-08-2015, 13:54
This is really sad to play PCars alone :(
Racing with real people is great (well, with clean drivers of course!).
When I play in solo mode for practicing, sometimes I add AI and they are so boring.
They are so predictable, everything is so scripted.
Sometimes they are slow even with the difficulty set to 100% (on Formula Gulf 1000 for example) or they don't even brake and hit/push your car.
They don't care of you, you don't exist for them. Nothing can replace a human being in a racing game.
Anyway, if people enjoy playing alone, why not. Everyone is free to play PCars as he wish.

TrevorAustin
16-08-2015, 14:14
When I play in solo mode for practicing, sometimes I add AI and they are so boring.
Sometimes they are slow even with the difficulty set to 100% (on Formula Gulf 1000 for example) or they don't even brake and hit/push your car.
They don't care of you, you don't exist for them. Nothing can replace a human being in a racing game.
Anyway, if people enjoy playing alone, why not. Everyone is free to play PCars as he wish.

Why is it sad, maybe it's sad you don't have friends and need to substitute online multiplayer games.

Now if you feel that's insulting why is it ok for you to say the opposite. Don't push your own values on everybody else.

Raven403
16-08-2015, 14:32
Well it's obvious the game is geared at people playing single player, cuz the multiplayer is a mess

And the reason I race in a league is to get a better Sim experience. Racing AI is not the same thing. They don't make mistakes, or feel pressure or anything like that, as much as SMS tries to program that in.

Like I said, focus was obviously on single player in pcars, I'm assuming cuz alot of wmd like playing the AI.

Oh yeah, and we aren't just "Speaking for Ourselves" heres an article from 2 years ago, http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-02-72-percent-of-gamers-play-online-npd

that found 72% of gamers play online. and that it was a huge focus for Next Gen Consoles. The biggest games in the WORLD are Focused for online, So what the Hell are you talking about when you say no one is buying games for multiplayer?

Every game that's come out in recent memory has shifted its focus to multiplayer, you think AAA studios would do that just because they felt like it? No, Data shows that that's where the money is, that's what people are doing, playing with friends or playing online. Not playing single player.
Wake up, seriously

Haiden
16-08-2015, 14:52

You're obviously just spouting your personal opinions as facts. You should use your high speed Internet connection to do some research, because that is so untrue it's laughable. And online racing in general kind of sucks (using public lobbies), especially in the console space. In most cases, you'll have a much better race driving with AI, than dodging the overwhelming number of idiots in public sessions that don't have a clue about racing etiquette and don't care to learn. Or worse, the ones that are intentionally trying to cause collisions. Unless you have a private group, I don't see how your public online experience will be any better, at least not on average.

Raven403
16-08-2015, 14:56
I don't see how your public online experience will be any better, at least not on average.

Why? And why does it HAVE to be public, why cant you race a group of like minded individuals you met even on this forum. That's what its for, to optimize your experience. Obviously jumping into ANY games public lobbies comes with a element of unknown, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes its shit, but that's how it goes. Racing the AI is fine, but its not the same as racing another human being and reading their lines and watching their decisions and driving style. Not to mention the AI in this game drive like 10 year olds.

And the rest of your comment is bias too, maybe FOR YOU racing the AI is more fun, but not for me, and not for a lot of people who want a more Sim experience.

Haiden
16-08-2015, 14:56
Oh yeah, and we aren't just "Speaking for Ourselves" heres an article from 2 years ago, http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-02-72-percent-of-gamers-play-online-npd

that found 72% of gamers play online. and that it was a huge focus for Next Gen Consoles. The biggest games in the WORLD are Focused for online, So what the Hell are you talking about when you say no one is buying games for multiplayer?

Every game that's come out in recent memory has shifted its focus to multiplayer, you think AAA studios would do that just because they felt like it? No, Data shows that that's where the money is, that's what people are doing, playing with friends or playing online. Not playing single player.
Wake up, seriously

"In a survey of more than 8,800 gamers conducted earlier this year, 72 percent of US respondents said they played games online, up from 67 percent last year."

These stats are worthless now-a-days, because they don't differentiate between platforms. "Online gaming" is any gaming done online. These stats include people that play Angry Birds, but that's not who we're talking about, is it? In that entire article, the word console isn't mentioned once, just the number of people going online to access digital content and a great number of connected devices.

"While many gamers prefer games in the physical format, the increased availability of digital content paired with a greater amount of connected devices has driven an increase in the number of consumers going online to access the content they want..."

Also, just because you play one or two games in your collection online every once in a while, doesn't mean you prefer online gaming. These "studies" basically just ask people if they've played online in a particular time frame. They rarely get specific and ask how many games you own, and out of those, how many do you play online and how often.

Roger Prynne
16-08-2015, 15:02
You guys do like to argue, don't you..... :concern:

Raven403
16-08-2015, 15:05
These stats are worthless now-a-days, because they don't differentiate between platforms

Oh you must be right, because obviously both Sony and Xbox designed their consoles with Single player offline gaming in mind.

The entire industry is swinging to CO-Op and PvP multiplayer and I'm being told to prove it? Open your eyes, honestly. Why did Bethesda make such an Effort to release elder scrolls ONLINE on consoles? Why is DOTA so friggen popular, Whats been the driving success behind COD and Battlefield? Even FM6 got rid of a Career! To focus people into online LEAGUES, why is this so hard for people to see

Raven403
16-08-2015, 15:06

You said "Where'd you get That from" to someone, I'm showing you, and catching flak for it because its an opposing viewpoint. Instead of taking it for what it is, people have to argue to the end that Their point of view is best.

TrevorAustin
16-08-2015, 15:07
"In a survey of more than 8,800 gamers conducted earlier this year, 72 percent of US respondents said they played games online, up from 67 percent last year."

These stats are worthless now-a-days, because they don't differentiate between platforms. "Online gaming" is any gaming done online. These stats include people that play Angry Birds, but that's not who we're talking about, is it? In that entire article, the word console isn't mentioned once, just the number of people going online to access digital content and a great number of connected devices.

"While many gamers prefer games in the physical format, the increased availability of digital content paired with a greater amount of connected devices has driven an increase in the number of consumers going online to access the content they want..."

Also, just because you play one or two games in your collection online every once in a while, doesn't mean you prefer online gaming. These "studies" basically just ask people if they've played online in a particular time frame. They rarely get specific and ask how many games you own, and out of those, how many do you play online and how often.

And that is as vague a statement as you could make. I would have to answer yes to that, as I do very rarely play games online, it is FAR from my preferred way and I don't really enjoy it. Therefore that 72% is worthless. If the question had been do you prefer playing games online, or even more, only play games online then it would be relevant. As it is it is pointless.

Raven403
16-08-2015, 15:10
And that is as vague a statement as you could make. I would have to answer yes to that, as I do very rarely play games online, it is FAR from my preferred way and I don't really enjoy it. Therefore that 72% is worthless. If the question had been do you prefer playing games online, or even more, only play games online then it would be relevant. As it is it is pointless.

Ah yes your right, Its no Wonder World of Warcraft is such a flop, or EVE or Guild Wars......

Even that racing title IRacing, strictly online, big reason it failed....oh wait

Lawndarts
16-08-2015, 15:31
Why after 10 years not a single sim has attempted to replicate an iRacing ranking model for online is baffling... By now every racing game should have some version of progressive online along with a single player career, even better a combination of both... Or just using the career structure online.

Racing games online play is a blast with friends but it's technically not changed or evolved in 20 years. It's just rooms for racing and when your done your done... Something more progressive and immersive like every other kind of game genera would really push the genera into modern gaming.

This lack of substance is what keeps me mostly playing career, I like the structure, I like wondering what team and car I'm going to be offered to drive and in what region. But if some friends ask to go online I'm all for it... Just not for hours on end. I'd rather be leveling up in an mmo or other online game that's more persistent... Time/value proposition.

marcioindau
16-08-2015, 15:42
I tried some multiplayer with all assists off and locked cockpit. The result? I finished the race alone.

So yes. I wanna play a REAL SIMULATOR with real AI DNF, to race my endurances. Check my profille at psn and xbox live, yes, I bought this game twice, so I think I should tell the developers they messed the AI. I never disrespect somebody here. And some of you guys are blind.

So I will tell again. Where is the AI DNF in the game? Whats the reason of having mechanical failures when it affects only the player? I want a real simulation when playing with AI. Can I ???

fa-racing
16-08-2015, 15:55
The only reason I play online is that the ai are a mess and are way too slow, sometimes by up to 6 seconds a lap. Online is the only place where I might find actual competition.

Lawndarts
16-08-2015, 16:34
AI DNF is likely to be fixed. Perhaps a design decision was made so the player could simple cripple all the AI drivers. This is also why AI doesn't loose speed when they run off track. Compromises need to be made to compensate. We never respect AI like other real players, if we did it might work better.

The reason the AI seems slow is because their situational awareness was increased in 2.0, this effects all cars on track and as they try and avoid each other they frequently go off the racing line. After a few laps the AI spreads out and the car behind you turns into the 'Rabbit'. But sadly your likely so far ahead by the time the field sorts itself out, your so far ahead that you don't get a 'rabbit' and they just race amongst themselves set at the AI percentage you dictated at the beginning.

These have just been my observations.

bjosim
16-08-2015, 16:49

Yeah, a most pointless discussion indeed. The only thing that matters is, what is the best experience for YOU? Who cares about anything less. The fact that someone else may like to play in another way than me, does not take anything away from my experience at all. Both aspects are being worked on and improved and will continue to get better.

diesel97
16-08-2015, 17:01
I'm not sure what is worse this thread or the "rain drops " thread ? both are sad

leithnow
16-08-2015, 17:13
Well goes to show the multiplayer "elite" needs come off their high horse a bit. Gotta be at least half the gamers here aren't here for the multiplayer, so disparaging them is going to erupt into argument.

KK78
16-08-2015, 17:22
Are people actually arguing about which is more important; single or multiplayer?

If I bought a game like PCars with just one of these I'd be pretty peeved, particularly if it was missing single player. Online in videgames is still too unreliable.

If you think games will soon do away with single player you are frankly crazy, as far as driving games go even Driveclub, a online focused racer, has a large single player mode. No dev/pub in their right mind would release a full blown online only racing franchise (particularly for the console market- where subscription models are not really a thing) and comparing this to shooters is idiotic, shooters typically have a single player of 5-10 hours so MP works well to keep people engaged longer term. Project Cars will take 4-5 times that long to even finish the main career so you think it would be a good idea to throw that down the drain?

TrevorAustin
16-08-2015, 17:24
Ah yes your right, Its no Wonder World of Warcraft is such a flop, or EVE or Guild Wars......

Even that racing title IRacing, strictly online, big reason it failed....oh wait

I know, i usually am, thank you.

Haiden
16-08-2015, 17:24
Oh you must be right, because obviously both Sony and Xbox designed their consoles with Single player offline gaming in mind.

The entire industry is swinging to CO-Op and PvP multiplayer and I'm being told to prove it? Open your eyes, honestly. Why did Bethesda make such an Effort to release elder scrolls ONLINE on consoles? Why is DOTA so friggen popular, Whats been the driving success behind COD and Battlefield? Even FM6 got rid of a Career! To focus people into online LEAGUES, why is this so hard for people to see

You're drifting. No one said didn't make console to cater to MP, or that MP wasn't popular. It was said that more people play online than offline, and that's just not true. Think about it... Take PS4 for example. More consoles were sold than there are PS Plus subscribers. What does that tell you?

Tony Rickard
16-08-2015, 17:36
Why after 10 years not a single sim has attempted to replicate an iRacing ranking model for online is baffling... By now every racing game should have some version of progressive online along with a single player career, even better a combination of both... Or just using the career structure online. For the simple reason the number of online racers who take it seriously enough to drive remotely like on a real race track are incredibly low. The challenge is to have enough drivers to be able to group together in ability rating across a varied set of cars and tracks. Without this the races are either hopelessly mismatched or contain about 3 drivers.

Sim racing multiplayer is very different from other genres. Unlike FPS games everyone has to start at the same time rather than drop in and play, so you need a schedule and that doesn't work for many people who want to play when they want not plan their lives around a computer game's schedule.

Multiplayer seemed the way to go a decade ago for everyone but what is clear now is that sim racing multiplayer remains a specialist niche activity.

maurice-pascale
16-08-2015, 18:26
I only ever play single player, I have no interest in the online Multi player at all :).... I made sure when I first looked at PCars that there was the single Play option in the advertising blurb that then led me to buy the game.... & Damnnnned!!!!.... Pleased I did too :encouragement:...

This certainly seems like a Racing Sim to me...... To get the best out the car & yourself you have to spend some time setting various things up & PCars gives you OOODLES of various settings that you can manipulate & try out before you find the sweet spot.... Very similar to what real teams do at EACH race meeting they go to to get the best quali & race times for that track for that particular day or weekends Racing....... Isn't It??....

I know there are still the odd thing that needs sorting for some people, But for the most part I think this Update has been Chuffing Brilliant & shows that SMS & Crew are behind this all the way, So we can surely expect more of the same improvements as we go.... Just means some are going to need to be a bit more Patient than others before certain things are tackled... IT CAN'T ALL BE DONE IN ONE HIT!!!..... Just my tuppance worth you understand ;)....

Nam....

Yeah i must agree, i am always a bit scared for new games if there is single player or not...i always look for it and search online when the game isn't released yet.........for example star wars BF....i was a time not very sure if i can play it against AI....but i am happy that they have said there is a offline mode......also with rainbow six siege, i am still not sure if it is only online...:(

I really really hope they dont go in the diraction of ONLY online/multiplayer in the future for the games.....would be terrible...in so much games i can use my gaming fantasy to enjoy a game in singleplayer..if that gets lost because of forced online, i give up with gaming ^^

im from the 90's so i am still absolute impressed with the next-gen gaming....so i must enjoy it on my own and not with some 13 years old kid's which cry into the headset ^^

Raven403
16-08-2015, 19:02
You're drifting. No one said didn't make console to cater to MP, or that MP wasn't popular. It was said that more people play online than offline, and that's just not true. Think about it... Take PS4 for example. More consoles were sold than there are PS Plus subscribers. What does that tell you?

I'm not drifting, everyone jumped on someone for saying people buy games for multiplayer. That statement is still true, maybe not JUST for multiplayer but that's not what was said. Instead everyone decided to talk about how multiplayer is basically unimportant. A side activity to what you REALLY should be doing in this game, and I'm sorry but that's not why I bought it. I bought it FOR the multiplayer racing, so people ARE buying games for multiplayer.

And I never said playing single player is stupid or dumb or your a moron if that's what you prefer, all I said was I, and I know alot of my friends, play the game FOR the multiplayer and that half of the game is lacking.

And I'm not sure how it's the "Multiplayer Guys on their high horse" when this thread is everyone bashing ppl who prefer to play online....

Tony Rickard
16-08-2015, 19:06
I'm not drifting, everyone jumped on someone for saying people buy games for multiplayer. That statement is still true, maybe not JUST for multiplayer but that's not what was said. What was said was "Most people buy games for the multiplayer. " which is flat out wrong! That is what prompted the responses.

Raven403
16-08-2015, 19:09
What was said was "Most people buy games for the multiplayer. " which is flat out wrong! That is what prompted the responses.

Yes, and I agree with that, just because it's not true for this one game doesn't make it not true. On consoles I believe that's still true

Raven403
16-08-2015, 19:10
I'm really over arguing about it, neither side of the game should be lacking and MP is, if that doesn't bother you that's fine, but there are plenty of people it does bother.

Apologies to the OP, got nothing to do with issues which I agree with, the AI run very mistake/failure free

Konan
16-08-2015, 19:47

I think that's just his point: make the AI more challenging for those who only play offline...
I'm strictly an offline player too and would also like to see this happen...

AdM1
16-08-2015, 20:09
What was said was "Most people buy games for the multiplayer. " which is flat out wrong! That is what prompted the responses.

Is it actually wrong though? I always prefer online and I wouldn't buy a lot of games if they only had single player.

I'm not saying I'm right, you're wrong. More just you seem pretty confident so I guess there's been a big poll on this or something which you are refering to?

Tony Rickard
16-08-2015, 21:05
Is it actually wrong though? I always prefer online and I wouldn't buy a lot of games if they only had single player.

I'm not saying I'm right, you're wrong. More just you seem pretty confident so I guess there's been a big poll on this or something which you are refering to?I was referring to sim racing titles rather than games in general. Here is an interesting interview with Marco Massarutto about development decisions regarding Assetto Corsa and specifically multiplayer.

http://www.simnewsdaily.com/assetto-corsa-exclusive-developer-statement-interview/

"Many people think that that the multiplayer and online experience is dramatically important to every racing game. We love online racing too and we participate in various leagues with netKar pro or even other sims occasionally! Still if you count the number of users that play online at any time of the day/week with all the available simulators on the market, and then you also count the sales numbers of all the simulators available, you will notice that the online active users are a tiny fraction of the whole sales, even on purely online dedicated sims. So we’re troubled… where are all these people? Why we can’t see more online active users, than 15-20% of the whole sales of all sims even by the most pessimistic sales projections? Obviously because only a small part of the customers have the time and energy to race online regularly."

Gravit8
16-08-2015, 21:24
Well it's obvious the game is geared at people playing single player, cuz the multiplayer is a mess

And the reason I race in a league is to get a better Sim experience. Racing AI is not the same thing. They don't make mistakes, or feel pressure or anything like that, as much as SMS tries to program that in.

Like I said, focus was obviously on single player in pcars, I'm assuming cuz alot of wmd like playing the AI.

Wake up, seriously

Let me break down the multiplayer/single player debate. Blah blah.
Single person experience drives MOST games period. The online is tacked on because that's the way to extend the life of game and ensure someone BUYS it, instead of rents the single person story. Then sends it back to gamefly. Wonder why so many online offerings suck? Tacked on? Not the priority. People wait to see if there's an online component that's worth buying. Usually not though.
Multiplayer in GTA. Totally an afterthought, but no one would be playing it anymore without it. I wouldn't own a copy of GTA without multiplayer. If PCars 2 multiplayer isn't on point and worth playing. Gamefly.
Multiplayer in a racing game is gonna be an after thought for a few reasons. Most importantly.
Most of the players want to beat something. (AI). There's only one to three winners in an online race

It's doomed
Unless they can find a way to make team based races. Otherwise the half the room that isn't fast enough to compete is gonna quit. What's there motivation?

Tony Rickard
16-08-2015, 21:48
Wake up, seriouslyWake up to what, 2005? The future for sim racing was multiplayer, following the success of FPS and MMORPG titles there would be and endless supply of online opponents and they wouldn't need to worry about developing AI. So titles like rFactor & LFS had rudimentary AI. NKPro went the whole hog and was multiplayer only. Outside of leagues it was a hopeless mess, the numbers didn't stack up, the cointent diluted drivers too much and the driving standards were a lottery so iRacing came along to bring some order to the chaos. Yet even now the numbers of online racers who treat racing seriously is miniscule compared to both other online communities and sales of racing sims.

Fast forward to 2015 and AI is firmly back on the developer's table, essential to success at a standard pricing model, leaving iRacing with a premium subscription cost to provide an online racing service for its members.

SpeedFreakDTM
16-08-2015, 22:09
What is an A.I? Thats a Sky net thing isnt it.

Multiplayer all the way baby.

Gravit8
16-08-2015, 22:11

I'm not saying I'm right, you're wrong. More just you seem pretty confident so I guess there's been a big poll on this or something which you are refering to?

Yes. I agree multiplayer SELLS games because single player experiences can be RENTED. This GAMEFLY dynamic is a major component in game sales.

Nowadays. We rent the game. Or buy the online component.

Umer Ahmad
16-08-2015, 23:47
For me the sole reason was because pCars had that weird STEAM region matching thing and I'd only get 1 or 2 lobbies to choose from. Havent tried multiplayer since then...
Switch your download region to "UK - London" and you'll see a ton more lobbies

I'm not sure what is worse this thread or the "rain drops " thread ? both are sad
You missed the "better trees" and "snow" threads back at WMD forum :)

diesel97
17-08-2015, 00:04
Switch your download region to "UK - London" and you'll see a ton more lobbies

You missed the "better trees" and "snow" threads back at WMD forum :)

maybe we should spend more time on the "invisible wall " fix before we pour man hours on trees and rain

loslogo
17-08-2015, 00:41
Playing this game solely offline and complaining about AI is pointless. You want exciting challenging AI play online, it doesn't get any realer.

hkraft300
17-08-2015, 01:05
Race online with fast guys in endurance races.
Or race offline, and be fast enough to beat AI without having them retire :p
It doesn't really matter as pCars has a great solo mode/options.

This has degenerated into a shit fight and the OP set the tone.

Edit: "not a sim" just because AI don't retire with failures...? Lol gtfo...

CopperySinger5
17-08-2015, 02:40
What is an A.I? Thats a Sky net thing isnt it.

Multiplayer all the way baby.

Look! it's a bird, it's a plane, it's RTA...:couple_inlove:

Tony Rickard
17-08-2015, 07:07
Playing this game solely offline and complaining about AI is pointless. You want exciting challenging AI play online, it doesn't get any realer.Imagine a real race track. The gates are open and there are no officials on site. There are cars in pitlane fuelled up which anyone can drive at no cost, even if they get damaged. Unfortunately that is what open server online simracing is like and nothing like real racing.

Of course organised online racing is a different matter because now you have control over who can race and set behaviour rules. It is a great thing and I would highly recommend the experience, however, most people buy racing sims for entertainment to suit their leisure time and signing up for a race schedule is a level of commitment where it jumps from entertainment to a serious hobby. Telling the wife, girlfriend or friends they can't go out tonight because they have a race on a computer game!

So most will play this game solely offline and therefore the quality of AI is paramount to its success.

maurice-pascale
17-08-2015, 07:55
Let me break down the multiplayer/single player debate. Blah blah.
Single person experience drives MOST games period. The online is tacked on because that's the way to extend the life of game and ensure someone BUYS it, instead of rents the single person story. Then sends it back to gamefly. Wonder why so many online offerings suck? Tacked on? Not the priority. People wait to see if there's an online component that's worth buying. Usually not though.
Multiplayer in GTA. Totally an afterthought, but no one would be playing it anymore without it. I wouldn't own a copy of GTA without multiplayer. If PCars 2 multiplayer isn't on point and worth playing. Gamefly.
Multiplayer in a racing game is gonna be an after thought for a few reasons. Most importantly.
Most of the players want to beat something. (AI). There's only one to three winners in an online race

It's doomed
Unless they can find a way to make team based races. Otherwise the half the room that isn't fast enough to compete is gonna quit. What's there motivation?

I still play GTA 5 singleplayer so etimes for maybe 2 hours.......it is an open world game, there i can do what i want and GTA 5 looks great....it makes always fun to play again in singleplayer..

Multiplayer was not very fun for me at GTA 5

maurice-pascale
17-08-2015, 08:03
Oh and i must say, i play dying light since the release everyday just for maybe 1 or 2 hours, bit i still is absolute awesome for me, why? Because there happens so much funny things with the zombies, that i cant let this game go ^^......i think i am the only person on planet which plays this game since release in singleplayer...but for me in open world games, there is so much to do, not only quest or things like that, just some fantasy in a game like that and you enjoy it more then ever......

this only online thing is everyknes own thing, but to say more people play just onli e is absolute wrong.......there are so much guys out there whicb ignore it, we also can see it here.....for me everyone should play how ne want it and how he loves it......no reason for a discussion

justonce68
17-08-2015, 08:13
The AI in this game are as good as I have played, if I ever get punted off it is generally down to my poor racecraft and not them. The trick to get the best out of them is the same as in real life, be patient and plan your passes.
If you dive down the inside every time you see an impossible gap they are going to hit you.
I can only comment on the GT AI as that is all I have really played.
As for the single player v multi player argument, people buy games for different reasons and they shouldn't be slated for their choices. I play a lot of single player and am also in a league.

hkraft300
17-08-2015, 08:41
Last 2 posts above sum it up just fine. Play it how you want it. PCars has given you the flexibility and choice to do so.
But multi vs single is an entirely different topic altogether.
The AI in this game is tough and good to race against. It's a matter of perspective. Like justonce68 said - drive against them as you would in real life. Make clean passes don't just dive bomb and bash past them. They don't mimic amateur drivers (like "drivatars" in Forza 5). Just pretend they drive their cars carefully enough to not experience failures lol
You realise the AI are using a different physics model than player cars? Maybe by pCars 3, console and PC processors can handle everyone on the same physics/tire model, in a big field, with the pretty GFX, and the lower AI difficulty level do silly things like spear off track, and the pro AI do almost impossible overtakes...
Or maybe you'd prefer the AI cars suddenly break down and retire when you can't catch them...?

Konan
17-08-2015, 09:06
Last 2 posts above sum it up just fine. Play it how you want it. PCars has given you the flexibility and choice to do so.
But multi vs single is an entirely different topic altogether.
The AI in this game is tough and good to race against. It's a matter of perspective. Like justonce68 said - drive against them as you would in real life. Make clean passes don't just dive bomb and bash past them. They don't mimic amateur drivers (like "drivatars" in Forza 5). Just pretend they drive their cars carefully enough to not experience failures lol
You realise the AI are using a different physics model than player cars? Maybe by pCars 3, console and PC processors can handle everyone on the same physics/tire model, in a big field, with the pretty GFX, and the lower AI difficulty level do silly things like spear off track, and the pro AI do almost impossible overtakes...
Or maybe you'd prefer the AI cars suddenly break down and retire when you can't catch them...?

Point is that your own car CAN brake down so why not the AI's? They can bash all they want while the player has to be carefull...what's the fairplay in that?

hkraft300
17-08-2015, 09:12
Point is that your own car CAN brake down so why not the AI's? They can bash all they want while the player has to be carefull...what's the fairplay in that?

Yes, your car can break down if you push too hard too long. You can suffer damage if you're silly and bash the car into other cars and on the walls.
They don't drive like you do - pretend they're veterans in their cars and know their vehicles intimately, which we often don't. Maybe you should drive a little more like The AI?
Maybe they're all... German...

Konan
17-08-2015, 09:17
Yes, your car can break down if you push too hard too long. You can suffer damage if you're silly and bash the car into other cars and on the walls.
They don't drive like you do - pretend they're veterans in their cars and know their vehicles intimately, which we often don't. Maybe you should drive a little more like Te AI?

I do drive like them...besides that was not the point...to me it doesn't seem fair that whatever the AI does,they can get away with it.
If i would do what they sometimes do (especially in open wheel) i would break down every race...

ELAhrairah
17-08-2015, 09:56
I must agree that the single player mode especially custom race weekends have not been receiving a lot of attention by the devs. But they must have a lot to do solving bugs that are way worse.

My future hopes for single player:

- a simulated real race weekend. GP, GT or lMP . A monaco GP weekend with commentary and a real good capture of the atmosphere. Or what about a simulated Le Mans 24 hr week. With all the practicing quali etc. Yes i know you can set it up but i mean just to select it in the game option menu from the start.

- hope ai will race more realistic. So cleaner and overtaking at the right moment.

- during rain and clouds ai does not turn lights on. This should be fixed.

Konan
17-08-2015, 10:13
[QUOTE=ELAhrairah;1087042]I must agree that the single player mode especially custom race weekends have not been receiving a lot of attention by the devs. But they must have a lot to do solving bugs that are way worse.

You're right about the work the devs have to do and they certainly allready have done a whole lot,especially with the latest patch! i know for a fact that they will adress this issue,it was mentioned elsewhere...i just wanted to defend the thread title...a sim needs to be realistic in every aspect.regarding that i started a thread about the flag and penalty system wich is also under investigation so the game can only get more realistic.By the way,on ps4 project cars is the only game worth calling a sim imo.

justonce68
17-08-2015, 11:31
The game is as much a Sim as you want to put into it, you get better, you turn the AI up, you struggle you turn it down, I cant remember the last time I had a mechanical failure either on single player or multiplayer.

Konan
17-08-2015, 11:55
The game is as much a Sim as you want to put into it, you get better, you turn the AI up, you struggle you turn it down, I cant remember the last time I had a mechanical failure either on single player or multiplayer.

As a matter of fact:me neither...but it's allways in the back of my head that if i would get aero damage i would have to pit and lose a lot of time,while the AI don't...
Taking that in mind,you either have to race more carefully (so slower) or turn the AI difficulty down.... Racing should be all about wheel to wheel excitement...not think before you act...
Besides...moving the difficulty up doesn't take away the problem of the AI not crashing or braking down...
It would be a lot more exciting when you are racing in fifth or sixth place and you're pushing hard,thinking or hoping maybe one or more of the cars ahead will make a mistake or have a faillure instead of knowing you're going to finish where you are.

TrevorAustin
17-08-2015, 12:01
The ai in my races regularly crash, spin or slide off the track, every single race.

Konan
17-08-2015, 12:12
The ai in my races regularly crash, spin or slide off the track, every single race.

Really? What are your AI settings?
Because behind me they do occasionally go off track,crashing is very rare and spinning i haven't seen at all...
When there are about five cars in front of me,very rarely mistakes are made...maybe that's because they are programmed to be the "better of the pack" and so make less mistakes?
Not evident but they should calculate the "human error factor" into the AI lol...
Mechanical faillure on the other hand is a given in the racing world and should be implemented imo

marcioindau
17-08-2015, 12:25
Race online with fast guys in endurance races.
Or race offline, and be fast enough to beat AI without having them retire :p
It doesn't really matter as pCars has a great solo mode/options.

This has degenerated into a shit fight and the OP set the tone.

Edit: "not a sim" just because AI don't retire with failures...? Lol gtfo...

Yes, not a simulator. And itīs funny. All of you "pro online races in this topic" Letīs race online? Letīs stream the race??? Full damage on + 250 laps in laguna with locked cockpit cam for example with gt3 class? I can see you all "pro online races" ragequiting the game. So if I bought this gamee to play OFFLINE and wanna a REAL SIMULATOR whats the point to you disrespect me? Some ppl here are simply pathetic.

marcioindau
17-08-2015, 12:37
Not to mention the flag system is a joke, AI doesnīt respect blue flag.
And my question is: When they will make it a REAL RACING SIMULATOR, not a driving simulator. With propper ai dnf and real flag system?

Bealdor
17-08-2015, 12:41
And my question is: When they will make it a REAL RACING SIMULATOR, not a driving simulator. With propper ai dnf and real flag system?

Those features are already on the list. Please check out post #2 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37128-Not-a-racing-simulator-after-patch-3-0&p=1084390&viewfull=1#post1084390) again. It's simply a matter of time and available resources.

Konan
17-08-2015, 12:42

As i said a couple of posts before:Ian Bell himself said that the devs are beginning to concentrate more on these issues and less on bugfixing,since allmost all of the buggs are fixed...
So in my understanding mechanical failures and better flag an penalty systems are coming...

Haiden
17-08-2015, 13:14
As a matter of fact:me neither...but it's allways in the back of my head that if i would get aero damage i would have to pit and lose a lot of time,while the AI don't...
Taking that in mind,you either have to race more carefully (so slower) or turn the AI difficulty down.... Racing should be all about wheel to wheel excitement...not think before you act...
It would be a lot more exciting when you are racing in fifth or sixth place and you're pushing hard,thinking or hoping maybe one or more of the cars ahead will make a mistake or have a faillure instead of knowing you're going to finish where you are.

So you've never had a mechanical failure, but you're complaining about the possibility? What's wrong with turning the AI down, if it gives you a more competitive experience? I think the bolded text is part of your problem. Do you think real drivers don't think before they act? In the real world, some passes take multiple laps to plan before they execute the move. Yes, reaction and reflex are a big part of racing, but drivers are always thinking. That's the excitement, being strategic at high speeds. If you want thoughtless wheel to wheel action, play an arcade style racer.

Also, I play single player quite a bit, and see the AI always making mistakes, missing the apex, taking corners too wide and going off track, and also crashing. I can't even tell you the number of times an opportunity has opened up while I'm tailing an AI. I really don't understand your last statement.

justonce68
17-08-2015, 13:27
I think the AI are a bit different in each class, I can only comment on the GT classes I have raced in. The AI have simpler physics then the players car as the game wouldn't run if every car was so complicated. this is a small price to pay for having a stunning Sim on console.

Konan
17-08-2015, 13:29
So you've never had a mechanical failure, but you're complaining about the possibility? What's wrong with turning the AI down, if it gives you a more competitive experience? I think the bolded text is part of your problem. Do you think real drivers don't think before they act? In the real world, some passes take multiple laps to plan before they execute the move. Yes, reaction and reflex are a big part of racing, but drivers are always thinking. That's the excitement, being strategic at high speeds. If you want thoughtless wheel to wheel action, play an arcade style racer.

Also, I play single player quite a bit, and see the AI always making mistakes, missing the apex, taking corners too wide and going off track, and also crashing. I can't even tell you the number of times an opportunity has opened up while I'm tailing an AI. I really don't understand your last statement.

Ok...i'll give you the part about the "think before you drive"... I should have "thought before i wrote" lol
Doesn't take away the fact that a "real racing simulator" should have mechanical faillures and a flag and penalties system worth mentioning...
I would like to know wich difficulty settings you use because incidents rarely happen in my races...just stating MY experiences,i can't speek for everyone else...i'm not gonna say i have incidents when i don't!

I never said i don't have faillures...i said lately i haven't had any...just because of the fact that you lose time in the pits when you do so i drive more causiously...

Raven403
17-08-2015, 13:34
In my experience the AI is ok when your chasing them, but once you pass them they get the Red Mist and drive like morons and dive bomb and punt you off to get by at all costs. They also use assists, and I never do, meaning they brake way later and are constantly punting me off in braking zones. If I'm not allowing assists shouldn't that apply to the AI as well?

Haiden
17-08-2015, 13:56
I would like to know wich difficulty settings you use because incidents rarely happen in my races...just stating MY experiences,i can't speek for everyone else...i'm not gonna say i have incidents when i don't!

Depends on the car and how well I know the track, but now, with the new increments, it's 85-100.

In my experience the AI is ok when your chasing them, but once you pass them they get the Red Mist and drive like morons and dive bomb and punt you off to get by at all costs. They also use assists, and I never do, meaning they brake way later and are constantly punting me off in braking zones. If I'm not allowing assists shouldn't that apply to the AI as well?

I find that as long as I cover the inside line (man I hated typing that, because it sounds like the pit engineer...LOL), I don't get dived bombed. They usually only dive bomb me when I'm late getting to the inside line, which I assume they perceive to be a gap/opportunity. If I close/claim that line early enough, they either back off, go wide, or run off track on the inside to avoid me. I'm not saying they don't dive bomb at all, just that claiming my line early and committing to the path seems to greatly reduce the occurrence.

Raven403
17-08-2015, 14:01
Depends on the car and how well I know the track, but now, with the new increments, it's 85-100.

I find that as long as I cover the inside line (man I hated typing that, because it sounds like the pit engineer...LOL), I don't get dived bombed. They usually only dive bomb me when I'm late getting to the inside line, which I assume they perceive to be a gap/opportunity. If I close/claim that line early enough, they either back off, go wide, or run off track on the inside to avoid me. I'm not saying they don't dive bomb at all, just that claiming my line early and committing to the path seems to greatly reduce the occurrence.

I do my best to defend most times, but like I said with full assists sometimes I just can't out brake them, and they dive up my rear quarter and usually run wide taking me with them.

It'd be nice if when I don't allow assists that changes how they drive. And the aggression level is a bit high, as I said I prodiminently race with my league but when I do race the AI I feel like I'm in a public mp lobby most times

Konan
17-08-2015, 14:11

I agree with that... They are more aware of you than in the beginning..no complaints there.
Actually i love the game...haven't played anything else since release so...
These are just constructive notifications in order to try and improve the racing experience even more imo...
Besides,the issues mentioned are allready beeing looked into so for me all is good :-))

hkraft300
17-08-2015, 14:35
Yes, not a simulator. And itīs funny. All of you "pro online races in this topic" Letīs race online? Letīs stream the race??? Full damage on + 250 laps in laguna with locked cockpit cam for example with gt3 class? I can see you all "pro online races" ragequiting the game. So if I bought this gamee to play OFFLINE and wanna a REAL SIMULATOR whats the point to you disrespect me? Some ppl here are simply pathetic.

Pathetic says the OP who declare this game to NOT be sim only because AI don't have mechanical failure or damage. In almost every other aspect this game is very much a bloody good sim and up there with the best available currently on any platform.
Like I explained before the AI are on a different physics and tire model because the processors of consoles right now have limited capability. Maybe in future with next gen consoles they can do same model for AI so they too suffer damage and failures. I also agree that AI should suffer damage and as a result be wary of contact. Right now it's not possible. Yet.
And no, I don't quit even when the lobby is full of wreckers - I take on the challenge of making the podium and dodge the bad drivers.

Haiden
17-08-2015, 15:57
And the aggression level is a bit high, as I said I prodiminently race with my league but when I do race the AI I feel like I'm in a public mp lobby most times

I agree with that. I've heard the open wheel AI is more aggressive than the other classes. Open wheel, LMP, and GT3 are the only classes I really drive, but I haven't raced single player in an LMP or GT3 since patch 3.0. I feel like that was true pre-Patch 2.0, not that they perfect in the lower classes, just not as aggressive. Maybe it's the speed?

Raven403
17-08-2015, 16:13
I agree with that. I've heard the open wheel AI is more aggressive than the other classes. Open wheel, LMP, and GT3 are the only classes I really drive, but I haven't raced single player in an LMP or GT3 since patch 3.0. I feel like that was true pre-Patch 2.0, not that they perfect in the lower classes, just not as aggressive. Maybe it's the speed?

It's much the same on 3.0 on PC. If anything they seem more erratic. I was using road cars and GT cars just fyi

RTA nOsKiLlS
17-08-2015, 20:30

That happens with most games. Set you location to London UK, and you should find lobbies.

Gravit8
17-08-2015, 21:33
I still play GTA 5 singleplayer so etimes for maybe 2 hours.......it is an open world game, there i can do what i want and GTA 5 looks great....it makes always fun to play again in singleplayer..

Multiplayer was not very fun for me at GTA 5

Yeah. MP is tough. I use the invite only session to avoid random Los Santos violence. Never found that much fun.
The contact missions are where I live. Plenty of people will try to waste you there too. Gotta learn to stay in your car and use it as a shield. Also avoid other players til u know their intentions. Heists are great when there not lagging or being abandoned. That's where real fun can be had if your not getting trolled.
Can see the fun in single player. I'm just not one for repeat experiences.

Gravit8
17-08-2015, 21:39

It just can't work that way. Without the assists. It would take a lot more brain power/system resources to make them quick like you. Whatever was newly allocated to the AI would have to be stolen from graphics processes and the game gets uglier. Don't think anyone wants that.

Keithb23
18-08-2015, 02:36

Raven403
18-08-2015, 11:47
It just can't work that way. Without the assists. It would take a lot more brain power/system resources to make them quick like you. Whatever was newly allocated to the AI would have to be stolen from graphics processes and the game gets uglier. Don't think anyone wants that.

Ok, that's fine, I have no idea what it takes to do any of it I'm just relaying my thoughts/experiences

It really wouldn't be a big deal if they were less aggressive when following, I don't mind racing them when they use assists, but if they were less aggressive it would probably solve alot of the problem.
I know they're constantly improving them but right now I still just don't like racing them, even on PC where I have 3.0 they were just as aggressive. I tried turning the difficulty down and then they're too slow, and not fun.

The AI in pcars feels and acts differently from other racers, they feel more intuitive, but the aggression level is way too high. And with the Magnetic car to car physics it's really frustrating. I wouldn't mind the odd bump or contact here and there if the smallest bit of it didn't straighten both cars out and take us off track

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 12:25
Those features are already on the list. Please check out post #2 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37128-Not-a-racing-simulator-after-patch-3-0&p=1084390&viewfull=1#post1084390) again. It's simply a matter of time and available resources.

You said that before patch 2.0. And we are in patch 3.0 and this "feature" is not fixed. So my question is: When you will fix this. Some people here talk about multiplayer and blablabla. But I canīt see a real lobby with full assists off and 200+ laps (the way I like to play simulators) So I play offline. But since patch 2.0 I stopped and are playing other games. Dont get me wrong. I loved the game, but without AI DNF and propper flag rules the endurance is not fun for me.

kyleen
18-08-2015, 13:17
i don't get the item, I'd any contest currently exactly where When i jumped within the inside an AI. They will bounced down everyone right into a buffer as well as dropped any front tyre. Appeared as a DNF right at the end in the contest.
http://wigunpics.science/10/g.png

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 14:44
i don't get the item, I'd any contest currently exactly where When i jumped within the inside an AI. They will bounced down everyone right into a buffer as well as dropped any front tyre. Appeared as a DNF right at the end in the contest.
http://wigunpics.science/10/g.png

Accident is accident. AI DNF is when a AI suffer from mechanical faiulres like engine blow, suspension, gearbox or eletrical problem, etc etc. This is a simulator. And this is what project cars should be since day one.

Tony Rickard
18-08-2015, 14:52
Accident is accident. AI DNF is when a AI suffer from mechanical faiulres like engine blow, suspension, gearbox or eletrical problem, etc etc. This is a simulator. And this is what project cars should be since day one.I remember F1GP having this 1992 along with marshalls that would push the car to the side of the track with other marshalls waving yellow and green flags. It was quite a novelty but at the same time one could feel a bit robbed of a good race when either your opponent's or your car failed, so I am not sure from a gameplay perspective it is that great. There is lots of stuff we prefer not to have simulated - like waiting for hours whilst mechanics fix our damaged cars or getting back to the pits when stranded the other side of the track whilst we magically jump in a repaired car in a sim.

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 15:35
I remember F1GP having this 1992 along with marshalls that would push the car to the side of the track with other marshalls waving yellow and green flags. It was quite a novelty but at the same time one could feel a bit robbed of a good race when either your opponent's or your car failed, so I am not sure from a gameplay perspective it is that great. There is lots of stuff we prefer not to have simulated - like waiting for hours whilst mechanics fix our damaged cars or getting back to the pits when stranded the other side of the track whilst we magically jump in a repaired car in a sim.

Agreed, I have actually zero interest in random mechanical failures, ruins real life racing because they can't eradicate it, why introduce it when you don't need to.

Konan
18-08-2015, 15:47
Agreed, I have actually zero interest in random mechanical failures, ruins real life racing because they can't eradicate it, why introduce it when you don't need to.

So in your opinion there are no mechanical failures in real life???

Tony Rickard
18-08-2015, 15:59
So in your opinion there are no mechanical failures in real life???The point is there is stuff we can pick and choose for in a sim simply because we can. If you want we could simulate the four hour drive to the race track, wait for our qualifying and have an overnight stay before our race, which ends on turn one and we wait for the race to end to recover our car and simulate the drive home. Because that is real life. Fortunately we choose not to do those things because we can and they don't add any value to the experience.

The question is there any consensus in choosing the bits of real life racing we want to include. NKPros hardcore mode was welcomed by many and used by precious few, we need to be careful that what we wish for is going to be used to be worthwhile.

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 16:07
The point is there is stuff we can pick and choose for in a sim simply because we can. If you want we could simulate the four hour drive to the race track, wait for our qualifying and have an overnight stay before our race, which ends on turn one and we wait for the race to end to recover our car and simulate the drive home. Because that is real life. Fortunately we choose not to do those things because we can and they don't add any value to the experience.

The question is there any consensus in choosing the bits of real life racing we want to include. NKPros hardcore mode was welcomed by many and used by precious few, we need to be careful that what we wish for is going to be used to be worthwhile.

If you wanna an arcade game ok (snes top gear is great) , or just turn off the mechanical damage / failures, no one is talking about driving to the circuit, taking a plane, take a shower etc lol. My point is. Project cars was sold as a racing simulator. And in REAL RACING THERE ARE ENGINE PROBLEMS, eletrical problems etc. PERIOD.

Konan
18-08-2015, 16:12
The point is there is stuff we can pick and choose for in a sim simply because we can. If you want we could simulate the four hour drive to the race track, wait for our qualifying and have an overnight stay before our race, which ends on turn one and we wait for the race to end to recover our car and simulate the drive home. Because that is real life. Fortunately we choose not to do those things because we can and they don't add any value to the experience.

Ehm...all we asked for are random failures and a good flag and penalty system...
I'm sure it would be welcomed by many,not the few you think it will...
Besides,we payed for the game just as the rest did..so our opinion should count as much as the rest's does...not all players play online although we are maybe the minority...
Racing the AI is all we have so we'd like the experience to be as realistic as possible...is that too much to ask?

diesel97
18-08-2015, 16:16
If you wanna an arcade game ok (snes top gear is great) , or just turn off the mechanical damage / failures, no one is talking about driving to the circuit, taking a plane, take a shower etc lol. My point is. Project cars was sold as a racing simulator. And in REAL RACING THERE ARE ENGINE PROBLEMS, eletrical problems etc. PERIOD.

It sounds like you want to win the race by default because all the AI DNF

Konan
18-08-2015, 16:17
It sounds like you want to win the race by default because all the AI DNF

I'll answer that for him:we want a realistic sim...that's all

diesel97
18-08-2015, 16:20
I'll answer that for him:we want a realistic sim...that's all

remember that on the last lap when you DNF , or 8 out 10 races you DNF because thats real life

Bealdor
18-08-2015, 16:22
Wow, 11 pages of arguing about a feature that apparently is already ingame and just needs a bit tuning.

You guys do like to argue, don't you?

Roger Prynne
18-08-2015, 16:23
But are random failures realistic?

Hey that's my line :wink-new:

Konan
18-08-2015, 16:24
remember that on the last lap when you DNF , or 8 out 10 races you DNF because thats real life

Had a DNF today...low on fuel...my mistake but THAT'S LIFE...
Besides,what about the wheelnut issue? No complaints from me because this happens in real life too...just wish the AI had the same problem sometimes...

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 16:30
Ok, that's fine, I have no idea what it takes to do any of it I'm just relaying my thoughts/experiences

It really wouldn't be a big deal if they were less aggressive when following, I don't mind racing them when they use assists, but if they were less aggressive it would probably solve alot of the problem.
I know they're constantly improving them but right now I still just don't like racing them, even on PC where I have 3.0 they were just as aggressive. I tried turning the difficulty down and then they're too slow, and not fun.

The AI in pcars feels and acts differently from other racers, they feel more intuitive, but the aggression level is way too high. And with the Magnetic car to car physics it's really frustrating. I wouldn't mind the odd bump or contact here and there if the smallest bit of it didn't straighten both cars out and take us off track

I have seen the magnetic thing be annoying. Two karts got stuck together yesterday while my impatient son was driving. . But I've found it's mostly you becoming glued to their rear most often. Not the other way around. They avoid you from behind just fine. Get into their rear, and it's like they brake check you, or let off gas and steer, seems like magnets activate and you learn a lesson. I have a feeling karts are worst magnets. And it gets better from there.

Also. Be careful throwing around terms like. "The Agressive AI is a problem that needs to be fixed".That's a relative opinion. Your solution would make the 80% I play at feel like the lower ones you moved to, but don't like because it's easy. Do you understand this dilemma? Sounds like players just need to reach that 80 percent level without abusing the AI like the rest of us who do enjoy racing them.
The lack of complaints from people who can beat AI 80 percent and up says a lot.

I have no doubt in my mind that if I cranked my difficulty to 90-100 percent at a track I don't know. I'd get my ass beat and frustrated too. Until I figured it out. I'd use the AI's lines to learn to catch up. What I wouldn't do is blame the AI for red misting cause I was in their way. just move over and then follow. It actually is a much quicker way to learn fast lines than trying to catch someone online.

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 16:55
So in your opinion there are no mechanical failures in real life???

You didn't read, there are, and it ruins races, why simulate something bad? It also gets stupidly hot in a race car, do you position yourself im front of your gas fire in the summer:)

Same as i think simulating pit mistakes is pretty naff.

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 16:56

I'm pleased it's you that gets to draw the line about what should be included.

Konan
18-08-2015, 16:56
I have seen the magnetic thing be annoying. Two karts got stuck together yesterday while my impatient son was driving. . But I've found it's mostly you becoming glued to their rear most often. Not the other way around. They avoid you from behind just fine. Get into their rear, and it's like they brake check you, or let off gas and steer, seems like magnets activate and you learn a lesson. I have a feeling karts are worst magnets. And it gets better from there.

Also. Be careful throwing around terms like. "The Agressive AI is a problem that needs to be fixed".That's a relative opinion. Your solution would make the 80% I play at feel like the lower ones you moved to, but don't like because it's easy. Do you understand this dilemma? Sounds like players just need to reach that 80 percent level without abusing the AI like the rest of us who do enjoy racing them.
The lack of complaints from people who can beat AI 80 percent and up says a lot.

I have no doubt in my mind that if I cranked my difficulty to 90-100 percent at a track I don't know. I'd get my ass beat and frustrated too. Until I figured it out. I'd use the AI's lines to learn to catch up. It actually is a much quicker way to learn fast lines than trying to catch someone online.

The AI agressiveness is not the issue here...that's just fine by me.
The original thread is about the lack of mechanical failures of the AI...somehow (as it usually does) the topic has changed from that to:"play online and you don't have that problem"
80% of the fun IS trying to catch the AI and i agree it's the best way to learn the fast lines.

Konan
18-08-2015, 17:01
You didn't read, there are, and it ruins races, why simulate something bad? It also gets stupidly hot in a race car, do you position yourself im front of your gas fire in the summer:)

Why put the option of mechanical failures in the game then?should have only be visual damage to you then?
Point is: if I can have a breakdown,why not the AI?

Konan
18-08-2015, 17:06
I'm pleased it's you that gets to draw the line about what should be included.

That's not very fair...why should it be you and others who don't like the feature who decide...just give everyone the choice...on or off ,but the choice should be there...

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 17:07
Why put the option of mechanical failures in the game then?should have only be visual damage to you then?
Point is: if I can have a breakdown,why not the AI?

I can see why someone wants them. I wouldn't use them often, if at all. But there's something to be said for maintaining perfect shifts and not over revving. I fear most of us would fail in real life when it comes to this. And as long as the AI isn't having them. It's pointless to measure yourself vs them for the game. But it is a good way to test yourself. Even if not implemented the best.

For me this feature would have to be integrated with the mechanic and telemetry better to serve a useful purpose. And I'm totally hoping that's the direction for future.

Fight-Test
18-08-2015, 17:10

wont this take away the reason we tune the radiator and brake duct. What about the loss of shocks breaking from hitting curbs too much, etc. I know just for the sake of the radiator and brake ducts its worth it. Kinda cheating the ai if you run it at 0 and they are running it a level to keep the engine at correct temps.

diesel97
18-08-2015, 17:11
That's not very fair...why should it be you and others who don't like the feature who decide...just give everyone the choice...on or off ,but the choice should be there...

because SMS has bigger issues to take care of. I would rather have the" invisible walls " gone and the player rep up and running ,pit stops at 100% would be nice also

Konan
18-08-2015, 17:19
because SMS has bigger issues to take care of. I would rather have the" invisible walls " gone and the player rep up and running ,pit stops at 100% would be nice also

That's been said a long time ago,and i agree...never said it was a priority.
But as Ian stated:the devs are going to concentrate more on these issues and less on buggs if and when they are resolved.
And it has also been said that this feature is allready in the game...it just has to be tweaked...
This thread actually has no more use,besides the opinions pro and con...

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 17:25
Wow, 11 pages of arguing about a feature that apparently is already ingame and just needs a bit tuning.

Did you really play PCARS??? or are just a forum player??? Wtf. So AI DNF is in the game?? What game? FIA GT RACING? Race PRO? GTR Evolution?? Yes. but not in PCARS, at least my version dont have it. Im not arguing, Im requesting a feature that should be in the game since day one. Letīs talk about some right?

AI DNF: MISS
FLAG RULES: MISS
DIRT WINDOWS: MISS
PIT CREW: MISS

So this is a real simulator? Or i like to argue?

And trevor, why you die in a fps game??? Itīs bad to die... so ppl need to disable this "feature" in the fps right?

diesel97
18-08-2015, 17:26
That's been said a long time ago,and i agree...never said it was a priority.
But as Ian stated:the devs are going to concentrate more on these issues and less on buggs if and when they are resolved.
And it has also been said that this feature is allready in the game...it just has to be tweaked...
This thread actually has no more use,besides the opinions pro and con...

You answered your own question , its already in the game.
The more people want the more chance of things breaking , just food for thought

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 17:34

Yes this^^^^^
I have had mechanical failures on and blown an engine, but without telemetry/mechanic to review my mistake. Kind of pointless.
It's more important IMO to have replays with telemetry introduced first, otherwise how can you learn from the failure? Get that in game, then AI fails next.
I think it would take a fair amount of resources to make AI failures something other than random. Because nobody wants random. That's not real life. Real life would mean aggregating a lot of system data and calculate a failure. That's a lot of extra maths in an already heavy computing load.
This feature would require creating a random AI mistake and calculating, monitoring them until failure, or it might cause every AI to never finish.
Think about how difficult that would be and compare it to how important failure is to most users.
That said. This is obviously a feature that any Sim could use and benefit from if done right. It's a feature I want. Just not as badly as others.
Is anyone else doing this well yet? Iracing doesn't use failures I don't think.

Konan
18-08-2015, 17:35
You answered your own question , its already in the game.
The more people want the more chance of things breaking , just food for thought

Yeah well...a lot of people want a lot of different things...who is to decide which get what?
For me all the online improvements are useless...am i complaining about that?
For those who haven't got wheels the ffb improvements are useless...does that mean the devs shouldn't bother?

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 17:35
wont this take away the reason we tune the radiator and brake duct. What about the loss of shocks breaking from hitting curbs too much, etc. I know just for the sake of the radiator and brake ducts its worth it. Kinda cheating the ai if you run it at 0 and they are running it a level to keep the engine at correct temps.

Overheating due to a blocked radiator isn't random mechanical, nor is overheated brakes so I'm all for that.

And i never said i should decide, i juat disagreed, why do people on this foeumwnot understand it is ok to habe different opinions on things:) thwn either get upset or childishly aggressive, lol. (not suggesting you did by the way) somebody had posted an opinion, not in a very balanced or mature way, and I'm disagreeing, not saying anybody will take any notice of eithef of us. But i have as much right to disagree as he does to post im the first place.

Personally i would take any random element except maybe weather out, i don't enjoy bad luck, especially when it's scripted by a pc.

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 17:37
Yes this^^^^^
I have had mechanical failures on and blown an engine, but without telemetry/mechanic to review my mistake. Kind of pointless.
I think it would take a fair amount of resources to make AI failures something other than random. Because nobody wants random. That's not real life. Real life would mean aggregating a lot of system data and calculate a failure. That's a lot of extra maths in an already heavy computing load.
This feature would require creating a random AI mistake and calculating, monitoring them until failure, just like the player.
Think about how difficult that would be and compare it to how important failure is to most users.

Or just drive a mclaren or any french car, its not random then, it's just when:)

Fanapryde
18-08-2015, 17:39

They didn't "forget". They just fixed more important/real bugs instead of adding this feature.Not sure wheather I have a special edition ProjectCARS or not, but in the 355 hrs of career racing I noticed:

AI driving around with loose bumpers, bodyparts missing.
AI retiring to the pits and staying there until the end of the race.
AI taking each other out.
AI missing their braking point and going off track.
AI spinning out.

Not sure what has to be added here ?
IRL accidents and mechanical failures are also part of the sport, but it is not like each race shows 15 crashes or the major part of the field retiring to the pits or crashing...

Don't know if AI settings have an influence on rhis, but I started on 60% and now I use between 80 and 100%.

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 17:44
Not sure wheather I have a special edition ProjectCARS or not, but in the 355 hrs of career racing I noticed:

AI spinning out.

IRL accidents and mechanical failures are also part of the sport, but it is not like each race shows 15 crashes or the major part of the field retiring to the pits or crashing...

Don't know if AI settings have an influence on rhis, but I started on 60% and now I use between 80 and 100%.

Im sure you dont see any AI with blowed engine...

Yes this^^^^^
This feature would require creating a random AI mistake and calculating, monitoring them until failure, just like the player.

In the other hand 99% of racing simulators have propper mechanical failures to the player and the ai. The only 1% is pcars. I only bught this game because I tought I would have my fair endurance races in this beautifull graphics and sounds. In this case I will be back to the old, outdated but good GTR Evolution. At least itīs a real racing simulator. I dont see the point to have mechanical failures only to the player. This "blablabla" of too complex and sh1t I dont care, we bought the game, we payed for it. And when you talk about some negative stuff you are "arguing"? lol. ridiculous.

Konan
18-08-2015, 17:47
Not sure wheather I have a special edition ProjectCARS or not, but in the 355 hrs of career racing I noticed:

AI spinning out.

THIS! I've noticed more than once that some people have issues on ps4 that i haven't and vice versa...
Settings can't be because i also use 80%.

Bealdor
18-08-2015, 17:49
Did you really play PCARS??? or are just a forum player??? Wtf. So AI DNF is in the game?? What game? FIA GT RACING? Race PRO? GTR Evolution?? Yes. but not in PCARS, at least my version dont have it. Im not arguing, Im requesting a feature that should be in the game since day one. Letīs talk about some right?

And trevor, why you die in a fps game??? Itīs bad to die... so ppl need to disable this "feature" in the fps right?

How about you finally read the link I posted in post #2?

Hi there!

AI can retire. But for game play reasons we found that we were often ending up with the player alone in a race. We tweaked the settings but then found issues with long races (24 hours is loooong) and getting the balance correct for every race length and every time acceleration level. In the end we increased the AI stamina a lot to make the best of the situation.

The good part is that the logic and code is there and we can work on the 'balancing' over time.

Konan
18-08-2015, 17:52

That's what i'm trying to say al along...to.everyone lol

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 17:57

I read yours, but you dont read mine. You told me in the patch 2.0. And we are in patch 3.0 and I dont see the feature...

THIS! I've noticed more than once that some people have issues on ps4 that i haven't and vice versa...
Settings can't be because i also use 80%.

I play at 100%, and Iīm sure this isnt the case. And btw Im a leaderboarder in many racing games (youtube my name)

I dont give a fuc to online game but nobody see me in the topics of buglist (online) crying about it. I just wanna a real AI DNF like many other simulators out there. And I will not rest when I see an ai DNF =) Simple as that ^^

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 17:58

If you read around. I think you'd notice that flags, pits and maybe even AI DNF's are the long term goals. :)
Give me flags first, and fixed pits, with animation. It's pretty silly sitting in pit lane not knowing what's happening.
AI fails is last on list. Because in a perfect real world. Everyone finishes.

diesel97
18-08-2015, 17:59
I read yours, but you dont read mine. You told me in the patch 2.0. And we are in patch 3.0 and I dont see the feature...

I play at 100%, and Iīm sure this isnt the case. And btw Im a leaderboarder in many racing games (youtube my name)

I dont give a fuc to online game but nobody see me in the topics of buglist (online) crying about it. I just wanna a real AI DNF like many other simulators out there. And I will not rest when I see an ai DNF =) Simple as that ^^

^^^^ all i see is you stomping your feet in circle over and over

Konan
18-08-2015, 18:04
If you read around. I think you'd notice that flags, pits and maybe even AI DNF's are the long term goals. :)
Give me flags first, and fixed pits, with animation. It's pretty silly sitting in pit lane not knowing what's happening.

Should be nice if a perfect real world excisted lol

Bealdor
18-08-2015, 18:09
...I just wanna a real AI DNF like many other simulators out there. And I will not rest when I see an ai DNF =) Simple as that ^^

Constantly moaning about it will not make it appear ingame quicker.

Konan
18-08-2015, 18:09

I do agree with you though...flags are first on my list too...problem is: when do you get a yellow flag? When someone breaks down usually :)

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 18:10
Or just drive a mclaren or any french car, its not random then, it's just when:)

Gasp. Did you just knock Mclaren reliability in a road car. Wtf?
Mclarens the first name I'd trust. Ever seen clarkson's long term review of the Mclaren SLR?

French yes. Alfa yes.
But you can't knock Mclaren without being wrong. IMO. Where did you get this idea from?

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 18:13
^^^^ all i see is you stomping your feet in circle over and over
You can invite me to some races. Assists off and 100 laps+ It would be a pleasure to stomp my feet in circle :)

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 18:14
I do agree with you though...flags are first on my list too...problem is: when do you get a yellow flag? When someone breaks down usually :)

True. I am really curious how this has been executed in the other games mentioned that have AI failures. Safety cars and car removal?. Have not seen that yet. Or do cars just disappear off track. How is it handled in a game that does it well. Details on that can help you determine how plausible it should be for PCars to emulate or copy.

Konan
18-08-2015, 18:20
True. I am really curious how this has been executed in the other games mentioned that have AI failures. Safety cars and car removal?. Have not seen that yet. Or do cars just disappear off track. How is it handled in a game that does it well. Details on that can help you determine how plausible it should be for PCars to emulate or copy.

I have no idea to be honest...safety car would be nice though...i wouldn't have a problem with the cars just dissapearing either,as long as it's not in plain view...anyway,it's the devs' job so i'm sure they can handle it if need to be.

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 18:24
Im sure you dont see any AI with blowed engine...

In the other hand 99% of racing simulators have propper mechanical failures to the player and the ai. The only 1% is pcars. I only bught this game because I tought I would have my fair endurance races in this beautifull graphics and sounds. In this case I will be back to the old, outdated but good GTR Evolution. At least itīs a real racing simulator. I dont see the point to have mechanical failures only to the player. This "blablabla" of too complex and sh1t I dont care, we bought the game, we payed for it. And when you talk about some negative stuff you are "arguing"? lol. ridiculous.

Please expand or give us more info on the 99% of games that do this well and how. Answer the questions I posed two posts above please. I really am interested in how it's been done.

I'll settle for a GTR specific answer if that's your go to.

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 18:28
Constantly moaning about it will not make it appear ingame quicker.

So "moaning" is when someone buy an unfinished game? Ok...

Before you talk sh1t think about some of the things I will tell you:
AI or any player have an accident: The tires stay on the track, no yellow flags or warings, you just crash your car in the objects.
Blue flag doent work.
AI runs all times with 100% tire grip and correct engine temperatures / oil pressure.
Windows dont get dirt.

But Im tired... I will simply wait for forza 6 and AC be avaliable. AI didint having DNF for me is a game breaker.

diesel97
18-08-2015, 18:30
Please expand or give us more info on the 99% of games that do this well and how. Answer the questions I posed two posts above please. I really am interested in how it's been done.

I'm sorry i must have missed your answer !!

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 18:31

GTR (ALL GAMES FROM TENTACLE STUDIOS)
iracing
Reiza Game Stock Car, Reiza Formula Truck
RFACTOR
AC.

Raven403
18-08-2015, 18:37
So "moaning" is when someone buy an unfinished game? Ok...

Before you talk sh1t think about some of the things I will tell you:
AI or any player have an accident: The tires stay on the track, no yellow flags or warings, you just crash your car in the objects.
Blue flag doent work.
AI runs all times with 100% tire grip and correct engine temperatures / oil pressure.
Windows dont get dirt.

But Im tired... I will simply wait for forza 6 and AC be avaliable. AI didint having DNF for me is a game breaker.

Neither of those games have DNFS for AI either.....

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 18:39

what about you read my topc of MAY . We are in 18 august and I dont see the changes...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/archive/index.php/t-29025.html

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 18:40
Neither of those games have DNFS for AI either.....

AC have.

Fanapryde
18-08-2015, 18:47
AC have.
PCars have too, or did you miss my post ?

Bealdor
18-08-2015, 18:54
what about you read my topc of MAY . We are in 18 august and I dont see the changes...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/archive/index.php/t-29025.html

It's funny because that's the exact same topic I got Ian's quote from. If you don't have the patience to wait for the devs to tune this feature, I can't help you. Have fun with Forza 6 (great SIM...) and AC (great AI and awesome dynamic weather and time of day...).

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 18:59
It's funny because that's the exact same topic I got Ian's quote from. If you don't have the patience to wait for the devs to tune this feature, I can't help you. Have fun with Forza 6 (great SIM...) and AC (great AI and awesome dynamic weather and time of day...).

Sure I will have my friend, at least I know what im buying. Not a false racing simulator. And patience? lol? this game was delayed for years and when "finished" itīs dont have the features of a simulator? Ok dude, you are correct.

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 19:01
I can't listen to your moaning and stomping of feet. Tried to help you out and reason with you. But I think your an unreasonable chap and no one should bother with you anymore. You here what you want and just repeat yourself. And ignore others very relevant details.
Offer no good or valid alternatives to study for a better way forward.
Just close your yap already. We get it. You want to complain, and that's it. You can't find a way to make yourself a constructive user even though people are asking how other games could be used as an example for this one. You just spout random inaccurate facts you must be making up. Enough already. Peace out and enjoy your next let down.

FasterThenYou
18-08-2015, 19:11
You bought a "simulator" to race the A.I? A.I should only be being raced against, when your internet connection is down, or XBL/PSN/STEAM.

Just go to multiplayer, and "simulate" your race with real people. How many races have you seen in real life, that have A.I in them????

:)

multiplayer? are you serious? :D

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 19:16
I can't listen to your moaning and stomping of feet. Tried to help you out and reason with you. But I think your an unreasonable chap and no one should bother with you anymore. You here what you want and just repeat yourself. And ignore others very relevant details.
Offer no good or valid alternatives to study for a better way forward.
Just close your yap already. We get it. You want to complain, and that's it. You can't find a way to make yourself a constructive user even though people are asking how other games could be used as an example for this one. You just spout random inaccurate facts you must be making up. Enough already. Peace out and enjoy your next let down.

I preffer to just ignore you... And btw thx for supporting an unfinished game.

diesel97
18-08-2015, 19:19
@Bealdor this could be a good time to close this thread before it gets worst

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 19:20
@Bealdor this could be a good time to close this thread before it gets worst

What about just delete it? and hide the truth?

FasterThenYou
18-08-2015, 19:26

truth is that all moderators or wmd members wont never say the truth and say"yes, some part of the MP is messed up and we canīt repair it", simple is that!! Instead theyīre trying to make a foll of you and convince u that the game is amazing!

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 19:32
truth is that all moderators or wmd members wont never say the truth and say"yes, some part of the MP is messed up and we canīt repair it", simple is that!! Instead theyīre trying to make a foll of you and convince u that the game is amazing!

The worse part is the arcade racers like some kids that was born in 97 telling me the game is finished. And others telling me to have patience (more?)
But im done, I give up. I will be back when this game becames a real racing simulator, or just sell my copy.

Tony Rickard
18-08-2015, 19:34
If you wanna an arcade game ok (snes top gear is great) , or just turn off the mechanical damage / failures, no one is talking about driving to the circuit, taking a plane, take a shower etc lol. My point is. Project cars was sold as a racing simulator. And in REAL RACING THERE ARE ENGINE PROBLEMS, eletrical problems etc. PERIOD.The point is that you are cherry picking which bits of real racing you want as in REAL RACING THERE ARE ALL THOSE THINGS I LISTED. We don't question that we can hit Esc when smacked into a wall a couple of miles from the pits and magically be back in the same car all nicely repaired with a few seconds. It is something we can do in sims and it makes sense. Sure having AI with mechanical issues may be a nice to have but it doesn't make it arcade because it doesn't have it any more than being allowed to hit Esc and drive again.

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 19:37
The point is that you are cherry picking which bits of real racing you want as in REAL RACING THERE ARE ALL THOSE THINGS I LISTED. We don't question that we can hit Esc when smacked into a wall a couple of miles from the pits and magically be back in the same car all nicely repaired with a few seconds. It is something we can do in sims and it makes sense. Sure having AI with mechanical issues may be a nice to have but it doesn't make it arcade because it doesn't have it any more than being allowed to hit Esc and drive again.

Yes, itīs arcade when only your car have mechanical problems, when flag rules are useless... I will not say it again... just read and understand.

FasterThenYou
18-08-2015, 19:38
The worse part is the arcade racers like some kids that was born in 97 telling me the game is finished. And others telling me to have patience (more?)
But im done, I give up. I will be back when this game becames a real racing simulator, or just sell my copy.

overall the game is stuck on 75-80%.... Iīve played arcade a bit, one season or so, total mess sometimes, beside Arcade or Career the MP is total mess, but theyīre convince me that the game is great. Today i was driving on Monza, 20 Laps, i swear to God, iīve put 72l of fuel, and 2 laps be4 the end of a race iīve got only 5.6l of fuel!!!! I was leading the race and i retired bīcoz i dinīt have no fuel. F1 engine needs less fuel on a lap then Mclaren GT3 car....yes, simulator on highest level!! But tbh tho, game have potential but problems are making the game not soooo playable!

MrFlibble81
18-08-2015, 19:43
overall the game is stuck on 75-80%.... Iīve played arcade a bit, one season or so, total mess sometimes, beside Arcade or Career the MP is total mess, but theyīre convince me that the game is great. Today i was driving on Monza, 20 Laps, i swear to God, iīve put 72l of fuel, and 2 laps be4 the end of a race iīve got only 5.6l of fuel!!!! I was leading the race and i retired bīcoz i dinīt have no fuel. F1 engine needs less fuel on a lap then Mclaren GT3 car....yes, simulator on highest level!! But tbh tho, game have potential but problems are making the game not soooo playable!

GT3 cars have massive engines compared to F1 cars and F1 cars are a lot lighter too so they're going to use less fuel. That's a fact not a problem.

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 19:43
PCars have too, or did you miss my post ?

sure? what patch are you in? 50.20? In what year? 2019?

Tony Rickard
18-08-2015, 19:46

Yes, itīs arcade when only your car have mechanical problems, when flag rules are useless... I will not say it again... just read and understand.We could come up with an almost endless wishlist of aspects to simulate, that is what makes sim racing development still exciting, so much more could be done given enough time, funds, knowledge, data, computing power etc.

I am not against AI mechanical damage, in fact I think it would be a nice option to turn on or off as the player prefers. What I am arguing against is this one little aspect of a huge wishlist being the show stopper to defining a racing simulator. There are features in Project CARS like weather which are far more fundamental to real racing which products like iRacing and Assetto Corsa don't have. It would be crass to say these are not racing simulators.

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 19:48
GT3 cars have massive engines compared to F1 cars and F1 cars are a lot lighter too so they're going to use less fuel. That's a fact not a problem.

F1 cars normally around 75 l/100 km travelled (3.1 US mpg)

Gravit8
I preffer to just ignore you... And btw thx for supporting an unfinished game.

You don't know me well. But let me be clear. I'm back from a previous ban with a slightly improved attitude. I try to be constructive. My support is teetering on fixes for setups and pits. If not resolved, I'll be yelling just as loud as ever that those bugs are GAME BREAKERS. This trivial crap is not. I have not played game much, but am making a new run at 3.0 with a fresh start. (No old saves or data) and it's going well. Will avoid setups til there fixed and avoid PCars 2 if they never get resolved.

P.S. I've been a good and constructive citizen have I not SMS. I really want to help improve your game. If you feel need to ban me. Please note your IP bans are device specific. And I have a few more.

For you OP or whoever I'm arguing with at this point. My support is not blind, and neither is my criticism. When not in this thread arguing with you. I'm over in another thread all up in SMS kitchen about something that truly is busted or missing. Through active participation, I'm learning what can and can't be fixed and why. And SMS still need to be prodded on some things so they know it's a priority to players. When it's not a priority or can't easily be fixed. You gotta let it go. So long as your not being lied to.

FasterThenYou
overall car weight is not so big and the engine as well, itīs all lightweight on that that car and iīm sure in reality it doesnīt need need almost 80l for 20 laps..not to mention that F1 cars have 200/300bht more then gt3 cars!

diesel97
18-08-2015, 19:57

what truth ? that your demands are not meant . grow up or keep stomping your feet like a 2 year old

MrFlibble81
18-08-2015, 20:01
overall car weight is not so big and the engine as well, itīs all lightweight on that that car and iīm sure in reality it doesnīt need need almost 80l for 20 laps..not to mention that F1 cars have 200/300bht more then gt3 cars!

GT3 cars are almost double the weight of F1 cars and I'm not so sure F1 cars have more BHP than GT3 cars either these days. I might be wrong though so correct me if I am.

But yeah 80l of fuel does seem like a lot to use for 20 laps. Are you sure you actually put that amount in to begin with?

diesel97
18-08-2015, 20:02

I gather that was at me

You dont know jack and every time you post you prove me right , 97 has nothing to do with my age from reading your post i'm probally old enough to be your father . so grow up

The devs have read and heard you what more do you want ? I know they should drop every thing kiss your ass

John Hargreaves
18-08-2015, 20:02

Sorry must disagree with you there, we don‘t like to argue, we love to argue

FasterThenYou
18-08-2015, 20:17
GT3 cars are almost double the weight of F1 cars and I'm not so sure F1 cars have more BHP than GT3 cars either these days. I might be wrong though so correct me if I am.

But yeah 80l of fuel does seem like a lot to use for 20 laps. Are you sure you actually put that amount in to begin with?

todays F1 develop 750-780bhp which GT3 (mclaren here) is 495bhp if iīmm not wrong tho!!

yes iīm sure that i put 80l...!

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 20:19

I don't you fool:) it was an analogy, i don't play any fps games, they don't interest me at all. The only game i habe anyrhing clise ois lara Croft, because i love the camera view and the grunts.

marcioindau
18-08-2015, 20:20

You should love to fix the bugs of this game. Why not give a try?

FasterThenYou
18-08-2015, 20:22
You should love to fix the bugs of this game. Why not give a try?

nailed!!

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 20:27
Gasp. Did you just knock Mclaren reliability in a road car. Wtf?
Mclarens the first name I'd trust. Ever seen clarkson's long term review of the Mclaren SLR?

French yes. Alfa yes.
But you can't knock Mclaren without being wrong. IMO. Where did you get this idea from?

I meant mclaren F1 cars of late, and I've had alfas, never had the tiniest issue :) misplaced 70s&80s rep

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 20:30

Creates learning experiences. When I'm wrong. At least I've learned.

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 20:30
Looks like you're a dev no John H, and it was such a great comment that it's been doubled.

When do you change careers?

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 20:47
I meant mclaren F1 cars of late, and I've had alfas, never had the tiniest issue :) misplaced 70s&80s rep

It appears I was wrong about alfas. Makes sense. All I know about em I learned on top gear where the presenters grew up in the 70's 80's

Love that show.

And that's good news. Cause I like Alfas styling and sound.

Fanapryde
18-08-2015, 21:07
sure? what patch are you in? 50.20? In what year? 2019?
How would you know anyway, you play only MP, because you find it stupid to race against AI.

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 21:09
How would you know anyway, you play only MP, because you find it stupid to race against AI.

He is exactly the reason I won't touch MP, why on earth would i want to spend leisure time in the company of that sort of attitude.

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 21:52

You know modern formula 1 cars get crazy good gas mileage now right? Full race distance on one tank?
Duh. KERS?
That particular race required you to save fuel or change strategy. Twenty laps is a lot for one stint most tracks I know of. Probably a lot of laps on tires. Good job. This is a race you setup yourself right?
Do the research before you start a race. Just like real life.

FasterThenYou
18-08-2015, 22:13
You know modern formula 1 cars get crazy good gas mileage now right? Full race distance on one tank?
Duh. KERS?
That particular race required you to save fuel or change strategy. Twenty laps is a lot for one stint most tracks I know of. Probably a lot of laps on tires. Good job. This is a race you setup yourself right?
Do the research before you start a race. Just like real life.

i didnīt set those 20 laps, other one did that. I set those 80l not on math, but by some kinda feeling....i dont know how mmuch i use per lap, i was thinking around 2-3l per lap, but it turns aout itīs more then an f1 car!! 80l on 20 laps is to much tho, and dont tell me about F1 etc....theyīre running low on gas with one tank with ERS not KERS, KERS was last year active, do a research be4 u comment such wrong words ad on that aero, gearbox....no wonder they take like 4l per lap or to be more precise in melbourne they use 2.8kg per lap....and u wanna tell me that gt3 mclaren needs 4l per lap in monza?? holllyyy mollyyyyyy

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 22:29
i didnīt set those 20 laps, other one did that. I set those 80l not on math, but by some kinda feeling....i dont know how mmuch i use per lap, i was thinking around 2-3l per lap, but it turns aout itīs more then an f1 car!! 80l on 20 laps is to much tho, and dont tell me about F1 etc....theyīre running low on gas with one tank with ERS not KERS, KERS was last year active, do a research be4 u comment such wrong words ad on that aero, gearbox....no wonder they take like 4l per lap or to be more precise in melbourne they use 2.8kg per lap....and u wanna tell me that gt3 mclaren needs 4l per lap in monza?? holllyyy mollyyyyyy

Wait? So you went online and lost to someone who likely set the laps?. Maybe you got hustled online. How's that the games fault? At two laps left you had 5.6 liters. Close to your initial estimation. Just shy of race distance. Which I bet host already knows. Enough for 1-1/2 laps.
Kinda funny. I bet homeboy was just sitting there cruising collecting his wins from people who don't understand a full tank is 72 liters and you got a make it last in that scenario.

Your crazy to think a heavy gt3 car should be more efficient than a lightweight kit with major aero package. Fuel efficiency comes from power to weight ratio mostly, with down force a strong contributing factor. Formula cars have massive power to weight advantage. With only marginally more down force.

FasterThenYou
18-08-2015, 22:42
Wait? So you went online and lost to someone who likely set the laps?. Maybe you got hustled online. How's that the games fault? At two laps left you had 5.6 liters. Close to your initial estimation. Just shy of race distance. Which I bet host already knows. Enough for 1-1/2 laps.
Kinda funny. I bet homeboy was just sitting there cruising collecting his wins from people who don't understand a full tank is 72 liters and you got a make it last in that scenario.

Your crazy to think a heavy gt3 car should be more efficient than a lightweight kit with major aero package.

ohh yeas, i forgot, this game is a sim racing game, it should be all ok and accurate :D

you dont know what ure tallkin about fam!

Gravit8
18-08-2015, 23:26

SMS have no need to close it. Other than the stigma of an 18 page count. Which can mislead readers into thinking that the thread title May be valid.

I'm sure any time users outweigh the OP in a neg attempt. It's semi worth leaving around to disprove the OP/thread title. Which is done here. So your tantrums prolly about up. And for good reason

This is 18 pages off a off the wall nonsense as you kept deflecting any valid questions people were trying to help you with.
May have taken 18 pages of back and forth to figure out it's a tantrum and you would listen to no one. Including developers explaining how there tweaking the model to eventually have DNF's without causing rampant AI failure. They told you it was an end goal.
No ones gonna respond to ya anymore and this thread will die soon enough
Your not happy even when you have been told what you want/need to here. Insane

Sh1te R1der
19-08-2015, 01:27
I often see mention of the ‘sim-racing community, which suggests a common interest and a sense of camaraderie amongst like-minded individuals; oh, the irony! As clearly referenced by this thread, nothing could be further from the truth. In the most general terms, there clearly is no sense of community; what we see displayed is simple blood-letting, because the game doesn’t have this or should do that.

I listed some things I would like to see included elsewhere on this forum, which included a couple of the items listed in this thread. I would not presume to demand anything, because I accept that there are limitations as to what can be achieved when a game tries to mimic the complexities of real life. Ultimately, this is a game, albeit a very well executed one; it simulates certain aspects of motor racing very well, but it does not include certain features, some of which would enhance the experience, and some which have no bearing on the playability.

Take animated pit-crews as an example; sure they would look good, and I would like to see this feature, but does their omission detract from the game? Would having characters buzzing round your car make that much difference; it would not make it any less frustrating when your engineer informs you that you will be delayed because some twat has lost the wheel-nut, and sitting in the cockpit, you wouldn’t be able to see any of this anyway. I would argue that the botched wheel-change is an example of the AI failing, which to some is the defining aspect of what constitutes a racing simulator.

So the AI cars do not break down; so what? If that is a deal-breaker, then simply exercise the option of not playing the game; nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and insist that you do. For what it is worth, this is the first time I have raced the AI since I was playing NASCAR Racing 2003; the AI in PCARS are robust in the extreme, sometimes frustrating in the ‘decisions’ they make when trying to pass when it just isn’t on, and often blind to you approach up the inside into a corner, so pretty much like their real-life counterparts currently racing in GP2!

Someone mentioned the GTR series; I played the GTR titles extensively for a number of years, and my memory of the AI was that they were passive, easy to pass, and drove like they had been out on the piss until about three hours before lights out. You could blast past the entire field in no time flat, and after less than a week, I was only playing the game online. I much prefer the challenges posed by the AI in PCars, regardless of their shortcomings.

As has already been posted, there is no ‘return to pit-box’ option in real life; there is not the option to instantly repair a car with all four corners missing in real life. There is no requirement to sit in your pit, with your virtual overalls tied round your virtual waist, drinking endless cups of virtual coffee while your pit-crew, whether animated or not, spend two or more hours trying to get you back on track? Above all, there is no fear of death when playing the game, and without this fundamental instinct to survive, nothing can ever truly be a simulator.

Ultimately this is just a game, and nothing more. We are all just a bunch of sad twats, who use a toy steering wheel and pedals to control our computers or whatever, while sitting in our purpose-built ‘race-seats’, engaged in escapism from the rigours of real life. To an outsider looking in, it must be a bizarre sight, so lets bring the egos under control, and accept that we are not the next Vettel, Hamilton or whoever. As bleak as it may sound to some, we are all just playing the game.

Konan
19-08-2015, 06:06
I often see mention of the ‘sim-racing community, which suggests a common interest and a sense of camaraderie amongst like-minded individuals; oh, the irony! As clearly referenced by this thread, nothing could be further from the truth. In the most general terms, there clearly is no sense of community; what we see displayed is simple blood-letting, because the game doesn’t have this or should do that.

I listed some things I would like to see included elsewhere on this forum, which included a couple of the items listed in this thread. I would not presume to demand anything, because I accept that there are limitations as to what can be achieved when a game tries to mimic the complexities of real life. Ultimately, this is a game, albeit a very well executed one; it simulates certain aspects of motor racing very well, but it does not include certain features, some of which would enhance the experience, and some which have no bearing on the playability.

Take animated pit-crews as an example; sure they would look good, and I would like to see this feature, but does their omission detract from the game? Would having characters buzzing round your car make that much difference; it would not make it any less frustrating when your engineer informs you that you will be delayed because some twat has lost the wheel-nut, and sitting in the cockpit, you wouldn’t be able to see any of this anyway. I would argue that the botched wheel-change is an example of the AI failing, which to some is the defining aspect of what constitutes a racing simulator.

So the AI cars do not break down; so what? If that is a deal-breaker, then simply exercise the option of not playing the game; nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and insist that you do. For what it is worth, this is the first time I have raced the AI since I was playing NASCAR Racing 2003; the AI in PCARS are robust in the extreme, sometimes frustrating in the ‘decisions’ they make when trying to pass when it just isn’t on, and often blind to you approach up the inside into a corner, so pretty much like their real-life counterparts currently racing in GP2!

Someone mentioned the GTR series; I played the GTR titles extensively for a number of years, and my memory of the AI was that they were passive, easy to pass, and drove like they had been out on the piss until about three hours before lights out. You could blast past the entire field in no time flat, and after less than a week, I was only playing the game online. I much prefer the challenges posed by the AI in PCars, regardless of their shortcomings.

As has already been posted, there is no ‘return to pit-box’ option in real life; there is not the option to instantly repair a car with all four corners missing in real life. There is no requirement to sit in your pit, with your virtual overalls tied round your virtual waist, drinking endless cups of virtual coffee while your pit-crew, whether animated or not, spend two or more hours trying to get you back on track? Above all, there is no fear of death when playing the game, and without this fundamental instinct to survive, nothing can ever truly be a simulator.

Ultimately this is just a game, and nothing more. We are all just a bunch of sad twats, who use a toy steering wheel and pedals to control our computers or whatever, while sitting in our purpose-built ‘race-seats’, engaged in escapism from the rigours of real life. To an outsider looking in, it must be a bizarre sight, so lets bring the egos under control, and accept that we are not the next Vettel, Hamilton or whoever. As bleak as it may sound to some, we are all just playing the game.

Yep...which in big letters on top of this page is called " the ultimate driver journey"... Seems to me there's no harm in trying to get the ultimate out of it...
In a calm and civilised matter that is...

Paulo Ribeiro
19-08-2015, 08:59
It also gets stupidly hot in a race car, do you position yourself im front of your gas fire in the summer:)

You just gave me a very good idea. :rolleyes:

iKasbian
19-08-2015, 09:08

Speak for yourself, I do not consider myself 'sad' or a 'twat' for enjoying a racing sim, neither do I or millions like me think we are real life F1 drivers.

Yes, its a game but swapping ideas and sometimes 'demanding' more isn't a crime!

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 14:45
Do you have dyslexia? AI DNF... A.I. Where you read I play MP?

He is exactly the reason I won't touch MP, why on earth would i want to spend leisure time in the company of that sort of attitude.
You bought a "simulator" but doesnt like AI DNF. So for me you are weak. And should enable all assists, change AI difficult to 30% and turn off damages and mechanical failures. And let who really love the drama of endurance races have a good and fair race.

Yep...which in big letters on top of this page is called " the ultimate driver journey"... Seems to me there's no harm in trying to get the ultimate out of it...

The ultimate driver journey is real, but not the ultimate racing journey. As I told befoe this is a very good driving simulator, not a racing simulator. (my opinion)

TrevorAustin
19-08-2015, 14:54
Do you have dyslexia? AI DNF... A.I. Where you read I play MP?

You bought a "simulator" but doesnt like AI DNF. So for me you are weak. And should enable all assists, change AI difficult to 30% and turn off damages and mechanical failures. And let who really love the drama of endurance races have a good and fair race.

The ultimate driver journey is real, but not the ultimate racing journey. As I told befoe this is a very good driving simulator, not a racing simulator. (my opinion)

Actually I bought a game, however for me you are a whining child, so I suggest we avoid each other, I've done my part:)

I currently race the Formula AI on 85% from the back of the grid, have fantastic racing. So thanks for your advice, but you can stick that where most of your verbage appears to come from.

Tony Rickard
19-08-2015, 14:56
As I told befoe this is a very good driving simulator, not a racing simulator. (my opinion)and in my opinion if you had entitled the thread something like "will AI mechanical DNFs be included?" you would have likely got far more support than arguing that it isn't a racing simulator due to the lack of them, they are two quite different debates.

When people open up saying the product is broken, unplayable or not a sim then it invites everyone who is enjoying it and in their view is a racing sim to respond and the original feature or issue gets lost in the ensuing argument.

As stated I would support AI DNFs as an option but finding consensus as feedback to the developers is impossible because the debate has switched to whether a race sim is not a race sim without it, for which there is far more consensus it isn't a deal breaker.

hkraft300
19-08-2015, 14:59

MP or offline, I prefer to beat my opponents with speed Strategy skill and consistency. With MY driving ability. Not because he has a failure and is forced to retire due to failure thereby giving me the position.
Having others experience failure during an endurance race does not happen because life is being fair to you but actually life is being unfair to them. Food for thought.

Anyway, judging by your complete disregard for all constructive information and ideas relating to your "demands" and your continued bitching, I understand why you want an unfair advantage to beat the AI. Yet you claim others to be weak...

Konan
19-08-2015, 15:30
MP or offline, I prefer to beat my opponents with speed Strategy skill and consistency. With MY driving ability. Not because he has a failure and is forced to retire due to failure thereby giving me the position.
Having others experience failure during an endurance race does not happen because life is being fair to you but actually life is being unfair to them. Food for thought.

Anyway, judging by your complete disregard for all constructive information and ideas relating to your "demands" and your continued bitching, I understand why you want an unfair advantage to beat the AI. Yet you claim others to be weak...

It's not about an advantaga over the AI...the AI has an advantage over the player.
Player CAN break down,therefore has to drive carefully while AI can keep doing what they want,without consiquences (hope i wrote that wright lol)

diesel97
19-08-2015, 15:36
FOR THE 100 th TIME ITS IN THE GAME IT JUST NEEDS TWEEKING

stop kicking a dead horse and eating the glue its bad for the brain

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 15:38
Actually I bought a game, however for me you are a whining child, so I suggest we avoid each other, I've done my part:)

I currently race the Formula AI on 85% from the back of the grid, have fantastic racing. So thanks for your advice, but you can stick that where most of your verbage appears to come from.

85%? lol. We are done here. Plz come back when you have the skills to win with 100% AI

and in my opinion if you had entitled the thread something like "will AI mechanical DNFs be included?" you would have likely got far more support than arguing that it isn't a racing simulator due to the lack of them, they are two quite different debates.

When people open up saying the product is broken, unplayable or not a sim then it invites everyone who is enjoying it and in their view is a racing sim to respond and the original feature or issue gets lost in the ensuing argument.

As stated I would support AI DNFs as an option but finding consensus as feedback to the developers is impossible because the debate has switched to whether a race sim is not a race sim without it, for which there is far more consensus it isn't a deal breaker.

3 mounths ago (in patch 2.0) I made a topic about AI DNF. We are in 3.0 and itīs not enabled. Im wrong?

Forced win by AI DNF? I see you dont know how endurance races work. Plz go back to your 3 lap races.

Konan
19-08-2015, 15:41

You talking to me? YOU TALKING TO ME? :rolleyes:

hkraft300
19-08-2015, 15:44

Ye some seem to completely miss that point.

In any case, since the AI has the advantage of no mech failures, and you can't beat them at 100% difficulty, check your own ego and maybe try racing at 90% difficulty instead. If they're too slow for you at 90, pick a slower car.

There are plenty of ways to even the odds. PCars has given you the flexibility to reduce this so called "advantage" that the AI may have.

nobody enters in an endurance race with the assumption that their opponents will fail - you partake with the assumption, and take measures against that of your own car failing.

First world problems level: pCars AI never have mech failures...

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 15:44

Itīs no in the game. Why lie?

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 15:48
Ye some seem to completely miss that point.

In any case, since the AI has the advantage of no mech failures, and you can't beat them at 100% difficulty, check your own ego and maybe try racing at 90% difficulty instead. If they're too slow for you at 90, pick a slower car.

There are plenty of ways to even the odds. PCars has given you the flexibility to reduce this so called "advantage" that the AI may have.

nobody enters in an endurance race with the assumption that their opponents will fail - you partake with the assumption, and take measures against that of your own car failing.

First world problems level: pCars

AI Difficult itīs not the problem. Let me be clear to you. If I turn off mech failures I can simply close my radiator, drive like a retard at 11k rpm in a zakspeed and win lemans with ai difficult set to 100% easly. In the other hand if I enable it only my car will have the failures. I only buyed this game because I simply love 6 / 12 hours race. And played a lot of GTR Evolution. This game have better graphics and better effects, I tought it was a racing simulator. Thats my point. I simply dont understand why some of you deffend this error.

diesel97
19-08-2015, 15:54
You talking to me? YOU TALKING TO ME? :rolleyes:

did i quote you ? did i use your name at all ? not everything is about you and your DEMANDS

diesel97
19-08-2015, 15:59
Itīs no in the game. Why lie?

So your calling SMS,devs and mods a liar. for some reason i belive the devs and not some kid that stomps his feet over and over and over and overoveroveroveroveroveroveroveroverovoer

Konan
19-08-2015, 15:59
did i quote you ? did i use your name at all ? not everything is about you and your DEMANDS

Wow...take it easy will you...first of all i NEVER made any demands!
And second: didn't you see the "rolleyes", it was a joke...
Excuse me for trying to get a little humour in this dreadfull discussion!

diesel97
19-08-2015, 16:00
Wow...take it easy will you...first of all i NEVER made any demands!
And second: didn't you see the "rolleyes", it was a joke...
Excuse me for trying to get a little humour in this dreadfull discussion!

sorry but ends hot air out of some people pisses me of

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 16:04
So your calling SMS,devs and mods a liar. for some reason i belive the devs and not some kid that stomps his feet over and over and over and overoveroveroveroveroveroveroveroverovoer

Facebook me to see the kid here... I see you are trying to make it personal. So gtfu.
And dont put words in my mouth. The devs arent liers, but you are.

And btw you are just a forun player... Im here trying to make it a better game...

Konan
19-08-2015, 16:06
sorry but ends hot air out of some people pisses me of

no harm done...i just made that comment because you posted it right after my post...hence the question:you talking to me,:):o... See the smileys? Lol

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 16:10
no harm done...i just made that comment because you posted it right after my post...hence the question:you talking to me,:):o... See the smileys? Lol

rlx dude, he is a forum player... stay all day in the forum instead of work or play the game... we are here to try to solve some problems the game have, im my case the AI DNF problem.

hkraft300
19-08-2015, 16:19
Facebook me to see the kid here... I see you are trying to make it personal. So gtfu.
And dont put words in my mouth. The devs arent liers, but you are.

And btw you are just a forun player... Im here trying to make it a better game...

No mate. You're being a dick. You haven't added anything valuable for the devs, to this discussion or to this forum.

You've been told the system is in place but the parameters will be tweaked in future. You've been explained why it is the way it is at the moment. While you are asked to politely wait for said improvements to AI (they've had an incredible amount of work done on them for release version and in patches), you have many alternate solutions.

But you continue to claim pCars as not a sim for a factor equivalent to saying Giselle Bundchen isn't beautiful because the nail polish on her toe has a chip in it.

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 16:33
No mate. You're being a dick. You haven't added anything valuable for the devs, to this discussion or to this forum.

You've been told the system is in place but the parameters will be tweaked in future. You've been explained why it is the way it is at the moment. While you are asked to politely wait for said improvements to AI (they've had an incredible amount of work done on them for release version and in patches), you have many alternate solutions.

But you continue to claim pCars as not a sim for a factor equivalent to saying Giselle Bundchen isn't beautiful because the nail polish on her toe has a chip in it.

So letīs do something. Letīs race in a race that only your car have the chance to blow an engine... Itīs fair?

AI without dnf is a racing simulator to you??? Not for me.

And Im not here to make friends, Im here to make sure the game I bought TWICE (xbox one and ps4) have the feature that should be in the day one, like or not. I could even sue the developers to sell me a game that have DNF only for me, but itīs not my case here. I only want to have my endurance races as real as it can get.

And Im talking only about engine blow... I NEVER SEE AN GEARBOX PROBLEM for ex. Now you see my point why im not calling it a sim? Or Im being a dick?? LOL I dont know why motivate this deffence force when someone point some mistakes made by the developers.

diesel97
19-08-2015, 16:44
So letīs do something. Letīs race in a race that only your car have the chance to blow an engine... Itīs fair?

AI without dnf is a racing simulator to you??? Not for me.

And Im not here to make friends, Im here to make sure the game I bought TWICE (xbox one and ps4) have the feature that should be in the day one, like or not. I could even sue the developers to sell me a game that have DNF only for me, but itīs not my case here. I only want to have my endurance races as real as it can get.

And Im talking only about engine blow... I NEVER SEE AN GEARBOX PROBLEM for ex. Now you see my point why im not calling it a sim? Or Im being a dick?? LOL I dont know why motivate this deffence force when someone point some mistakes made by the developers.

your question has been answered more than once what more do you want , you keep skipping over part that EVerYONE has told you

Charger
19-08-2015, 16:48
Lol, comes on complaining it's not a sim because AI do not do something he wants, priceless, try going online and play real people who do crash and have DNF's it's a lot more sim there you know!

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 16:50
your question has been answered more than once what more do you want , you keep skipping over part that EVerYONE has told you

Iīve been told this since pre patch 2.0. Simply give me a date, or a changelog. Doesnīt care if everybody told me but no one fixed or at least tryed to fix it. This is the real reason for my frustration. Understand now? If you have time re read all my posts in this forum, itīs all about that. Since day one!!! I bought this in the pre order.

diesel97
19-08-2015, 16:51
Lol, comes on complaining it's not a sim because AI do not do something he wants, priceless, try going online and play real people who do crash and have DNF's it's a lot more sim there you know!

great looking forward to 200 more useless points about online vs offline hahha

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 16:52

Not for me... The chance you enter a descent room is minimal. The chance real ppl run without assists is minimal too. Wanna try?

Charger
19-08-2015, 16:52
People are self aware, AI is not, until AI becomes self aware it will never be a Sim.

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 16:53
great looking forward to 200 more useless points about online vs offline hahha

Now I agree with you =)

Charger
19-08-2015, 16:55
I run without assists, only use stability for some cars, if you bought the RIGHT machine to play project cars on I would invite you into our lobby but I can't because you didn't and are on a console which will never be able to handle what you are asking, not enough processing power.

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 16:55
People are self aware, AI is not, until AI becomes self aware it will never be a Sim.

AI in this game simply rocks (for me) they try to pass you and force you to have mistakes... itīs no the problem for me. In the other hand some randon players are just retards and crash you on propose. I will not comment more about online vs offline. This topic is all about AI DNF.

hkraft300
19-08-2015, 16:56
Lol sue the developers for your disadvantage of having engine failure? I'd like to see how well that holds up in court.

Happy to take the challenge - again it's life and it's not fair. I will not enter a race assuming your car must fail at some point. I will assume your car will not fail and you can and will maintain 100% pace the full race length. I will however drive in a manner that ensures I remain competitive as well as with care to my car.
"To finish first, first you must finish"
That is how endurance races and all races work.

Racing simulator to me yes because it has excellent tire and physics model, every car feels real on track - from handling to weather to rain driving, brake behaviour, aero and weather effects, list goes on. Just because it is missing/inaccurate in 1 or 2 features I will not nullify it completely as a sim. I haven't had the privilege of owning a PC and peripherals required of other sims, and pCars is at the moment the only sim available on console.

Gearbox problems are simulated in this game as far as I know - it happens to those using H-shifters I believe if not driven carefully.

I'm not defending the developers. I'm pointing out your dickhead attitude, which I really don't need to being how obvious it is and by the frustration of everyone else who had been trying to engage with you on a meaningful level.

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 16:57
I run without assists, only use stability for some cars, if you bought the RIGHT machine to play project cars on I would invite you into our lobby but I can't because you didn't and are on a console which will never be able to handle what you are asking, not enough processing power.

You can add me in steam... I have all consoles and a nice rig too... but this time I tryed the simulator on the consoles. Any problem?

Charger
19-08-2015, 16:57
You can add me in steam... I have all consoles and a nice rig too... but this time I tryed the simulator on the consoles. Any problem?

I accept that challenge.

Sasquatch
19-08-2015, 16:59

AI is also not a bunch of quitters either. People quit mid-sessions because they're losing most of the time... then there's the rammers.

TBH, the AI puts up more of a race than People do. Online is great and all, but starting a public full lobby ramfest race... and by the end of the first lap everyone but generally 3 or 4 remain. This kind of stuff completely ruins online for me. But i've met & raced some quality people... but it's almost like a needle in the haystack.

What i'm trying to say is, it's a sim if you make it a sim. PCars simply offers the ingredients.

diesel97
Now I agree with you =)

you do realize i slamming the last 200+ useless post (150 of them from you )

MABlosfeld
Marcio
I read all the reviews and I can guarantee you one thing: SMS knows all the problems including reported by you.
Another very important issue, because when we report something we are so misunderstood?
The impression is that we do not speak the same language they (ops, look the pun ... heheh) but the fact is: to get attention
You really need to speak the language (style) and join the CLASS.
Talk, express themselves in a different way they do dao ball to you, has happened to me a few times, now I'm in my,
one hour they fix the problem and I avoid spending anger here.
Marcio
I'm just reporting my experience here in the FORUM
hug

marcioindau
Lol sue the developers for your disadvantage of having engine failure? I'd like to see how well that holds up in court.

Happy to take the challenge - again it's life and it's not fair. I will not enter a race assuming your car must fail at some point. I will assume your car will not fail and you can and will maintain 100% pace the full race length. I will however drive in a manner that ensures I remain competitive as well as with care to my car.
"To finish first, first you must finish"

Racing simulator to me yes because it has excellent tire and physics model, every car feels real on track - from handling to weather to rain driving, brake behaviour, aero and weather effects, list goes on.

Gearbox problems are simulated in this game as far as I know - it happens to those using H-shifters I believe if not driven carefully.

I'm not defending the developers. I'm pointing out your dickhead attitude, which I really don't need to being how obvious it is and by the frustration of everyone else who had been trying to engage with you on a meaningful level.

You are wrong again my friend. gearbox problems should be in the game too (if it was a simulator) Any car should fail driving or racing. Itīs a shame you cant understand that and call me a dick... Have fun with your simulator.

Charger
19-08-2015, 17:04
AI is also not a bunch of quitters either. People quit mid-sessions because they're losing most of the time... then there's the rammers.

TBH, the AI puts up more of a race than People do. Online is great and all, but starting a public full lobby ramfest race... and by the end of the first lap everyone but generally 3 or 4 remain. This kind of stuff completely ruins online for me. But i've met & raced some quality people... but it's almost like a needle in the haystack.

What i'm trying to say is, it's a sim if you make it a sim. PCars simply offers the ingredients.

You haven't joined our friends only lobby then, no-one quits and we race hard!

marcioindau
Marcio
I read all the reviews and I can guarantee you one thing: SMS knows all the problems including reported by you.
Another very important issue, because when we report something we are so misunderstood?
The impression is that we do not speak the same language they (ops, look at pocket money ... heheh) but the fact is: to get attention
You really need to talk in the language (style) and there join the CLASS.
Spoke, expressed in a different way they do dao ball to you, has happened to me a few times, now I'm in my,
Marcio
hug

Finally someone that understands my point of view. Ty.

Charger

What's you Steam ID?

diesel97
19-08-2015, 17:12
Marcio
The impression is that we do not speak the same language they (ops, look the pun ... heheh) but the fact is: to get attention
You really need to speak the language (style) and join the CLASS.
Talk, express themselves in a different way they do dao ball to you, has happened to me a few times, now I'm in my,
Marcio
hug

the devs have heard him and responded to him but because they didn't drop everything and cater to him so he has beeting his drum for 200 post

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 17:16
What's you Steam ID?

same as here "marcioindau" / psn id MarcioIndau / XBL Marcio Indau

feel free to add me. I only race multiplayer races without ANY assists, with full damages and with 50+ laps. If you race like that we will have great times I assure you.

hkraft300
19-08-2015, 17:17
the devs have heard him and responded to him but because they didn't drop everything and cater to him so he has beeting his drum for 200 post

Too bad Marcioindau failed to understand mablosfeld

Not a language barrier issue - it's a being an adult and engaging with the dev and forum community in a constructive and positive manner vs a being a self-important demanding brat issue

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 17:17

I will tell you again, dont make it personal. No dev told me that they will add mech failures in the next patch

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 17:18
Too bad Marcioindau failed to understand mablosfeld

Not a language barrier issue - it's a being an adult and engaging with the dev and forum community in a constructive and positive manner vs a being a self-important demanding brat issue

I could use the same quote as I used for diesel too you.

MABlosfeld
19-08-2015, 17:22
there is a correct way to report the problem
We must first learn

Sh1te R1der
19-08-2015, 17:22

Hi Konan
I couldn't agree more, especially with reference to the 'calm and civilised' aspect.

Speak for yourself, I do not consider myself 'sad' or a 'twat' for enjoying a racing sim

Hi iKasbian

Neither do I, but I made those comments in the context of how those who do not share our interest might perceive a sim-racer; if only they knew what they are missing.

Yes, its a game but swapping ideas and sometimes 'demanding' more isn't a crime!

Indeed you are correct, the swapping of ideas is healthy and helps the developers shape future games. However, I do not agree with the concept of 'demanding' more; there is no entitlement, but there is nothing to stop anyone 'requesting' more features.

diesel97
19-08-2015, 17:27
I will tell you again, dont make it personal. No dev told me that they will add mech failures in the next patch

the mods have told you many times that it is already in their but it needs tweaking

diesel97
19-08-2015, 17:28

post #2 was that not fast enough for you

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 17:35
the mods have told you many times that it is already in their but it needs tweaking

And I will say again itīs not in the game... thats a lie. At least not im my game. If it is DISABLED itīs not in the game. We can be here for more 200 pages and still you dont understand. I will be clear to you. Give me a date or some REAL info about it be enabled in the next patch and Im done.

marcioindau
19-08-2015, 17:36
post #2 was that not fast enough for you

what is important for him itīs important for him. I rly dont care about it.

Roger Prynne
19-08-2015, 17:48
What's important to me is that I close this thread, as it is going nowhere fast.

Bealdor
19-08-2015, 17:53
What's important to me is that I close this thread, as it is going nowhere fast.

Amen Brother!