PDA

View Full Version : [PS4 FANS] I now its been discussed ...

jezza599
14-08-2015, 20:25
So my problem is when im playing pcars as soon as i go out on track the ps4 fan accelerates alot i mean ALOT and im concerned about my ps4.
Now if other people experience the same as me than i guess its the system responding to the cpu load ive seen this hapen with my pc once the cpu was at 99% load the fan went crazy although the pc was cold.
My ps4 is clean, in a vertical position with space to breathe.
By the way ive seen similar behavior playing far cry 4.
Thanks for your time and for those who replay with constructive answers.

Fight-Test
14-08-2015, 20:47
I know some guys had this issue and they did something like a reconfig or something like that to the ps4 and it helped. For some it did not help this issue though. Maybe someone can chime in to tell you exact steps.

Liquid7394
14-08-2015, 20:53
Unless your PS4 is extremely hot then I wouldn't worry about it. The fan goes crazy for me sometimes in a few games, but it's usually due to intense effects and stuff in game. For example, during rainy weather and foggy conditions in The Witcher 3 the fans will speed up.

Photonmonkey
14-08-2015, 21:41
they have clearly got close to maxing out the PS4 with this title so the fans will kick in a lot. My PS4 is barely 4 months old (bought it specifically for PCARS) and it sounds like a Plane coming in to land most of the time when PCARS is running. Not a lot you can do, just try to keep your console in an open environment as you have said so it gets lots of air flow. Time to worry is when you cannot hear the fans (that's when it is cooking itself) ;) but as others have said I wouldn't worry too much.

Umer Ahmad
14-08-2015, 22:04
Give it room to breathe and some good cool airflow.

thegt500
14-08-2015, 22:26
My PS4 fan goes crazy when I'm just adjusting settings in my garage !! If I then carry out any individual FFB settings, it sounds like it'll explode out of the casing. How much CPU or GPU usage is being used in a virtually static image to cause that ?

Fanapryde
14-08-2015, 22:32
My PS4 is either a pretty cool specimen, or they forgot to put the fans in :cool:

It is very quiet. I have it placed horizontally, on a aluminium "diamond" plate (like the foot rest of Thrustmaster T500RS pedals) and lots of free space around it.

Roger Prynne
14-08-2015, 22:50
They must have put cheap fans into the PS4 (the noisy ones)
I've got 8 fans in my PC, and I can hardly hear any of them, but they are the ultra quiet ones though.
But obviously they will go flat out as the components get hot when playing pCARS.

PS4 fans are noisy when flat out, but doesn't mean there is anything wrong though.

madmax2069
15-08-2015, 00:45
They must have put cheap fans into the PS4 (the noisy ones)
I've got 8 fans in my PC, and I can hardly hear any of them, but they are the ultra quiet ones though.
But obviously they will go flat out as the components get hot when playing pCARS.

PS4 fans are noisy when flat out, but doesn't mean there is anything wrong though.

There is only one fan in the PS4 to cool the entire system off. So it has to ramp up quite a bit to do its job, but yes its perfectly normal. The cooler the room it the less it ramps up, if your room is pretty hot it ramps up quite a lot but still perfectly normal.

If the PS4 had multiple fans they wouldn't have to work as hard to do the work one does. The more fans the less they have to work to move the air.

arthurino
15-08-2015, 01:08
You may want to try rebuilding the database...seems to help in this regard based on others' posts.

Turn off PS4
Press and HOLD power button until you hear the SECOND beep
Connect the DS4 with cable
Select rebuild database option
Wait
Done

I recently had to do this due to another game crashing immediately after starting. It took less than five minutes and I must have at least twenty digital titles on the console (take the initial message that you have 7 houurs left with a grain of salt...more like 7 minutes).

Hope that helps.

jezza599
15-08-2015, 02:52
Thanks everyone for the replies i think its just a case of a noisy fan combined with the ps4 pushed to the max.

bodyshop
15-08-2015, 06:47
ON xbox here and its as quite as a mouse..

Raikku
15-08-2015, 07:07
ON xbox here and its as quite as a mouse..

Well, that's because XOne is quiet. There's no game or program that could make X1 noisy. I guess they had to do something
after X360 which was nightmarishly noisy.

But yeah, PS4 makes lot of noise when pCars is running, "jet engine" is sometimes good point of reference.

FoxMulder
15-08-2015, 09:08
With 90 and up in my room it gets quite loud, but otherwise I don't hear a damn thing.

Pappa_Stig
15-08-2015, 10:23
My ps4 hardly makes a noise now. I'd have to have the volume of the game muted to hear it.

You said you had it standing vertically, is it on a stand? The sides of the system are where the main intake vents are, so standing it vertically will block a significant amount of air flow from getting into the system. The official stand has small vents in it to help reduce this problem, but it's not perfect. You can get some stands that have fans built into them that feed this vent, they are the go. I had a cheap 3rd earth stand, with built in usb hub, but I found that it completely blocked off that whole side vent when I used it. I took it off and sat it horizontally. Sitting on two bars in my entertainment unit. It gets tons of airflow how it is now, and the fans never crank like they used to.

ports
15-08-2015, 11:35
I've had my ps4 since release and all i do once a month is restore licence and rebuild database and i never hear my fan when playing pcars or any other game.

angelfood
15-08-2015, 12:13
The only times that I hear the fans in PCars is in the car setup menus.

jezza599
15-08-2015, 16:33
Sorry i meant horizontal got my positions mixed up

jezza599
15-08-2015, 16:40
I should sai that the fan noise started after an update of the game im not sure witch one (between the first and the second updates tath came out) at the time a thought it was a fix because of performance issues the game had at the time but then the doubts started to immerse.

Sasquatch
15-08-2015, 18:13
My PS4 is a launch console, I can't say I remember hearing the fans go nuts while playing PCARS.

I did rebuild the database recently with it, although.

madmax2069
15-08-2015, 18:20
My PS4 is a launch console, I can't say I remember hearing the fans go nuts while playing PCARS.

I did rebuild the database recently with it, although.

Well I have to ask is it cool or warm/hot in the room the PS4 is in. Because room temperature will play a huge factor on how hard the fan runs in the PS4. Before we have AC the fan in my PS4 ran pretty hard, with AC it is hardly noticeable.

Sasquatch
15-08-2015, 18:31
Well I have to ask is it cool or warm/hot in the room the PS4 is in. Because room temperature will play a huge factor on how hard the fan runs in the PS4. Before we have AC the fan in my PS4 ran pretty hard, with AC it is hardly noticeable.

What's up Max!

Aye, there is a AC vent about 5 feet above my system, pointing right at it. :cool: