PDA

View Full Version : Can I just say...

DidNotFinish
14-08-2015, 22:31
Wow. This game. I've been into racing games since GT4 (really not that long lol) and have been a Gran Turismo fan ever since. I don't have a PC to play racing sims like Asseto Corsa and the like so I get my racing fix on the PS. All I can really say is that I'm sorry I ever called Gran Turismo a simulator. I just jumped into a Mercedes with a honking 6.something liter engine and I pretty much immediately crashed...but that's good...because this game isn't letting me get away with all the cramp I was able to easily do in GT. You can't just stomp the accelerator lest you want to spin and you have to finesse your car's weight around (cars in GT are virtually weightless, or at least that's how it seemed. And the sounds...my god the sounds. GT had my believing that race cars sounded like my Dyson...but this...you hear everything - cabin rattles, gear changes, gear whine, that lopey idle in the higher-cylinder cars. It's beautiful. This game is great. What else is there to say?

Also, I just joined here! Anyone have any interesting cars in real life worth sharing? I like car shows and going to the strip just as much as I like gaming (maybe more). I've attached a picture of mine. I'm hopefully installing upper and lower control arms with poly bushings soon which should be sweet.

Mr.Smoke
14-08-2015, 23:36
Glad you are enjoying the game! Used to be a big GT fan myself, but this game makes it look like a generic arcade racing game. If you havent yet, i highly suggest getting a wheel. Makes it so much more enjoyable.

As for personal cars, here is my mechanical pride & joy.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/MrSmoke420/FB_IMG_1438657542864.jpg (http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/MrSmoke420/media/FB_IMG_1438657542864.jpg.html)

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/MrSmoke420/FB_IMG_1438657481527_1.jpg (http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/MrSmoke420/media/FB_IMG_1438657481527_1.jpg.html)

TrevorAustin
15-08-2015, 01:12
Wow. This game. I've been into racing games since GT4 (really not that long lol) and have been a Gran Turismo fan ever since. I don't have a PC to play racing sims like Asseto Corsa and the like so I get my racing fix on the PS. All I can really say is that I'm sorry I ever called Gran Turismo a simulator. I just jumped into a Mercedes with a honking 6.something liter engine and I pretty much immediately crashed...but that's good...because this game isn't letting me get away with all the cramp I was able to easily do in GT. You can't just stomp the accelerator lest you want to spin and you have to finesse your car's weight around (cars in GT are virtually weightless, or at least that's how it seemed. And the sounds...my god the sounds. GT had my believing that race cars sounded like my Dyson...but this...you hear everything - cabin rattles, gear changes, gear whine, that lopey idle in the higher-cylinder cars. It's beautiful. This game is great. What else is there to say?

Also, I just joined here! Anyone have any interesting cars in real life worth sharing? I like car shows and going to the strip just as much as I like gaming (maybe more). I've attached a picture of mine. I'm hopefully installing upper and lower control arms with poly bushings soon which should be sweet.

I was about to say another boring saloon and zoom in ro find onw of my top 5 car wants, damn you!

DidNotFinish
15-08-2015, 13:15
@Mr.Smoke:

GT just feels too easy in comparison. The tracks aren't bumpy and don't jostle your car around and you can stomp the gas in an 800HP car and shoot off in a straight line no problem. And your car is awesome! I can see we have the same taste in colors. Lol I really wish Mazda would just turbocharge the current 3/6 and I would really consider buying it in the future. (Can you hear me Mazda?) The only aesthetic things I've added since the picture of my car above was 35% tint and white letter tires which do look pretty good on her. If I can find a pic I'll share it.

@TrevorAustin:

Lol Thanks! But, you know, you've got to love the one you're with. Make your car yours and be proud of it! I used to daily a '98 Accord sedan with '100-and-who cares' horsepower, a terrible patina, and a sun-faded blue cloth interior accented with coffee stains...but I slapped a steering wheel cover on and thought I was Ayrton Senna reincarnated. :D

Mr.Smoke
15-08-2015, 13:52
@Mr.Smoke:

GT just feels too easy in comparison. The tracks aren't bumpy and don't jostle your car around and you can stomp the gas in an 800HP car and shoot off in a straight line no problem. And your car is awesome! I can see we have the same taste in colors. Lol I really wish Mazda would just turbocharge the current 3/6 and I would really consider buying it in the future. (Can you hear me Mazda?) The only aesthetic things I've added since the picture of my car above was 35% tint and white letter tires which do look pretty good on her. If I can find a pic I'll share it.

Feeling bumps is right. Racing on tracks like Monza and Oulton park you can really feel it. GT just feels so bland in comparison.

Thank you! Compliments are always nice to hear. While im not a bi Ford fan, (i know, my car is mostly Ford parts) i like your Mustang. Id certainly like to see the pic.

Mazda really needs to bring back the"speed" verions, but they really need to properly market & advertise it if/when they do. Especially now that they have cut ties with Ford. The new Miata would be killer with a turbo! Im actually toying with the idea of trading in for a speed3, but would have troubles parting with my 6. I will be staying in the Mazda family of vehicles though.

DidNotFinish
15-08-2015, 15:44
I did consider Mazda when I was shopping around but I found the Mustang to be a performance bargain for what I got. It's the base with cloth seats and no nav but does have Ford's SYNC system which is nice because Maryland is a hands-free state and I like the Bluetooth capabilities. Here's a pic with the the tires/tint.

John Hargreaves
15-08-2015, 20:10
Nice one, most of us round here like our petrol whichever flavour it comes in, welcome to the (slightly) Madhouse

Mr.Smoke
15-08-2015, 21:39
I did consider Mazda when I was shopping around but I found the Mustang to be a performance bargain for what I got. It's the base with cloth seats and no nav but does have Ford's SYNC system which is nice because Maryland is a hands-free state and I like the Bluetooth capabilities. Here's a pic with the the tires/tint.

That looks awesome!! The white lettering really sets it off. Ive actually got MSD ignition coils in my 6 that are intended for 4.6 and 5.4 Ford engines. They work for the duratec 3.0 with some slight modification. Bluetooth & SYNC would be great.

Bluedice
15-08-2015, 22:12
People seem to forget that we are yet to see how GT7 will be like. Comparing GT5/6 a PS3 game with a game of the current generation isn't fair. The hardware is pretty different so the limitations are way too different.

Personally I would say that GT6 is pretty exceptional for a game that runs on 256MB of RAM and 256MB of GDDR3 VRAM. So let's just wait and see what Polyphony will manage to squeeze from the 8GB of GDDR5 memory and superior hardware overall the PS4 has. Then we can compare AI, physics, graphics, etc.

Project Cars is indeed a pretty good game, but currently it lives on its on without much or any competition when it comes to consoles. At least when it comes to the PS4.

Mr.Smoke
15-08-2015, 22:30
By the time GT7 actually comes to fruition, we will likely be pitting it against pCARS2 and AC.

Old Hippie
15-08-2015, 23:14
People seem to forget that we are yet to see how GT7 will be like. Comparing GT5/6 a PS3 game with a game of the current generation isn't fair. The hardware is pretty different so the limitations are way too different.

Personally I would say that GT6 is pretty exceptional for a game that runs on 256MB of RAM and 256MB of GDDR3 VRAM. So let's just wait and see what Polyphony will manage to squeeze from the 8GB of GDDR5 memory and superior hardware overall the PS4 has. Then we can compare AI, physics, graphics, etc.

Project Cars is indeed a pretty good game, but currently it lives on its on without much or any completion when it comes to consoles. At least when it comes to the PS4.

I have to agree with you there Dice, I was playing GT6 just the other night and was thinking that to be on PS3, the graphics on that game are pretty awesome !

DidNotFinish
16-08-2015, 03:30
Well we all have are opinions but I didn't mean to steer this in the direction of GT-bashing. If GT7 looks like a winner I'll play it too. The gaming market isn't exactly saturated in racing sims so for any new ones to be released is a good thing for all of us. But I can say - Polyphony has its hands full if they want to keep up!

Anyways, I final got into playing some career. Started with the Clio Cup. Just finished the first round in first which came as a surprise. I'm keeping ABS on and the AI difficulty set to 70 for now. If I keep winning I'll crank up the heat. But even in the two races that I've completed, my palms were sweating and I was sitting up in my seat. Lol I love the guy who comes over the DS4 speaker keeping you updated on the other racers and what strategy you should take. I found that I started out each race pretty good, overtaking 3-4 opponents within the first lap, but after a series of laps I'd get a little sloppier and start losing the lead. Never had a spin or major contact with another car in either race though. I did run out of gas in qualifying...but what are you gonna do. Haha

Bluedice
16-08-2015, 03:50
By the time GT7 actually comes to fruition, we will likely be pitting it against pCARS2 and AC.

Ha! True, but to be honest I don't actually care and I doubt it will make much of a difference.

AC on the PS4 will be the same as the current PC version with a new menu and probably a few added limitations. Project Cars 2 is still far away from release and I doubt we will see any ground breaking major advancements in it.

The GT series for me is a staple when it comes to racing games on consoles and I'm pretty certain that they will deliver a pretty polished game that is at least thrice the size of most racing games available or yet to be released.

Let's wait and see. I'm betting my chips that we will see GT7 being released around Project Morpheus release which according to rumors will be on Q1 or Q2 next year.