PDA

View Full Version : Console photo mode sliders

klorptar
15-08-2015, 00:51
Is there a way to move the slider values faster in photo mode? Trying to move one of the values from right to left takes an enormous amount of time using a controller. Does anyone know if there's a way to change that? As it is, it's not worth sitting there for a minute or more just to adjust one element to take a photo.

Oddbob
15-08-2015, 07:41
Yeah, no kidding, who has the time to sit there all day, trying to move those settings half an inch?

Mr Akina
15-08-2015, 07:59
3:30 to sharpen an image! It's a joke.

danowat
15-08-2015, 09:30
It's a problem, that's for sure.

I also wish the sliders stayed where you put them, rather than resetting back everytime.

Mr Akina
15-08-2015, 17:09
How can anyone think this is acceptable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GihAvrKhEgE

BCFCBristolRed
15-08-2015, 17:19
How can anyone think this is acceptable?

Wow!!!! I've not actually used photo mode (or at least not that I can remember), that is crazy!!

TheReaper GT
15-08-2015, 17:23
Besides that, I would like to have an option to hide the photomode UI just like the replay does. So I can use the xbox native screenshot to capture the shot. After take the photo in photo mode, the final image in the highlights is always too dark compared with the photo taken... The native screenshot does a better job on the save side of the task

KiMika
15-08-2015, 17:38
You are right.
It is very difficult to make a photo changing the values of sliders.
A good option is that for example the first 2 or 3 seconds you have pressed the button, the slider were moving slowly, and from those 2 or 3 seconds that moved faster.

And would not be bad a little more freedom of movement, not only turn around the car. Free Camera.

danowat
15-08-2015, 18:31
Or hold a button for faster slider movement.

madmav
16-10-2015, 22:38
Hey guys this is a real Joke. I cannot wait 10 min to go to the other side of the slider to see that i need to come back at the beginning. We have the touchpad on the PS4 Controller, how can you not use it to move faster. Just slide left / right and that will be enough to go fast. There is no point in loosing 20 mins for a photo, where you have the same thing done on a PC for 1min. SMS this cannot be left like that. Take Driveclub for an example, super easy and very fast..... again on a controller ....

Chiraq
16-10-2015, 22:59
The stick moves it fast, and with the D-pad you make it slow

madmav
18-10-2015, 11:33
The stick moves it fast, and with the D-pad you make it slow

The sticks and the D-pad have the same max speed when moving the sliders. It takes ages to adjust the Focus Distance. They actually do the same ... on the PS4

TheReaper GT
18-10-2015, 11:37
The sticks and the D-pad have the same max speed when moving the sliders. It takes ages to adjust the Focus Distance. They actually do the same ... on the PS4

Same on xbox, I have no idea what he is on about...

maurice-pascale
18-10-2015, 13:26
Thats why i dont use the photo mode...at driveclub i always used it...it was brilliant and great........

and i also hope for a automatic help for the photo mode, which explains the things which i can use there......for now i really dont see much different when i scale some things there......i really hope for a fix to get it faster, and some tip's for the mode......nothing is more importand then a photi mode in a racing game^^

Machinist90
18-10-2015, 13:29
let's just be honest,the photomode is rubbish

Sergi01978
18-10-2015, 14:56
Have to agree ▲▲▲▲▲
Having spent a lot of time taking photos within forza for the last year, I was really looking forward to doing the same in this game.
It was clear from the start that the photo mode has a few issues.

Such a shame:(

Racing rocks though:)

mjemec11
18-10-2015, 15:02
Wouldn't it be great if they at least let us use the PS4's touch pad as a computer mouse?

madmav
18-10-2015, 16:44
The Touchpad will be the best option to faster scroll the sliders. Even without a cursor you can just slide left right and the slider will move at that speed. Than using the other controls you can be precise. I cannot understand how one so crippled function passed internal testing and is accepted as OK ??

flybikes
19-10-2015, 08:01
Sorry but...

KAKKAKAKAKAKAKKAKAKAKAKAKKAKAKAKA

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

JEJEJEJEJEJEJEJEJEJEJEJEJE

That problem really seems a funny joke from the SMS. I was with friends and we laught really hard the first time we tried to take a photo in the game.

madmav
19-10-2015, 09:40
It will be great to hear some information from SMS. The problem is not Game breaking but the feature is there, let's make it work ...

madmav
20-10-2015, 18:50
Hey SMS i have and really cool and esy idea how fix the slider problem - like in all other games / programs - when you hold the button for longer it will slide faster !? I know i am a real genius but please - this is several lines of code. Take 10 mins and fix it so we can use the Photomode on consoles .......

hdh
20-10-2015, 19:30
There's lots more than just the awfully slow sliders to fix in photo mode. For instance, as far as I can tell, the f-value slider does absolutely nothing to the image. No difference between f5.0 and 2.0. Focus area stays just as wide regardless. Variable shutter speeds would be welcome as well, considering an at times underwhelming sense of speed.

mjemec11
21-10-2015, 06:50
The ability to tilt the photo and have a true free cam would help as well. At the moment all controls feel clunky and I haven't used the photo mode in ages. Where in contrast I used it all the time in The Last Of Us, which had a brilliant photo mode.

TopAirspace
21-10-2015, 06:54
I literally was just thinking about this yesterday, the photo mode is incredibly painfull to use lol,
Hopefully they can get it to function similar to Forza's photomode

STEELJOCKEY
21-10-2015, 06:56
What annoys me is once you've got the photo looking right and capture, once I go to view what I've taken it looks real dark, what you take is not what you get.

TopAirspace
21-10-2015, 09:33
Yeah you are right!
I just checked and they are very dark and of poor quality

Scuderia Paul
21-10-2015, 12:42
Photo Mode was obviously a complete afterthought. It is a huge shame as it's a gorgeous game and not being able to capture some of the beautiful and wonderful moments with any real freedom is a huge pity.

The slider increments need replacing, or at the very least, to be significantly quicker to adjust. A free cam is a must too. These would transform Photo Mode for me. Being able to hide the UI so we can use PS4 .png screen capture as opposed to the ingame capture would give us far higher quality photos too. Ingame capture noticeably drops the quality, changes the colours tones and is prone to corruption.

Your beautiful game deserves to be captured properly like many of us love to do with DRIVECLUB. Just copy what Evolution has done there.

hdh
21-10-2015, 13:08
The slider increments need replacing, or at the very least, to be significantly quicker to adjust. A free cam is a must too. These would transform Photo Mode for me. Being able to hide the UI so we can use PS4 .png screen capture as opposed to the ingame capture would give us far higher quality photos too. Ingame capture noticeably drops the quality, changes the colours tones and is prone to corruption.

I would just bin all the current sliders and replace them with parameters actually used in real life photography. Like we have in Gran Turismo.

madmav
23-10-2015, 08:35
I really would like to hear some info from the devs on that topic. It is pointless after 5 Updates to still have it like that....

rik19
27-12-2015, 22:28
Hoping for an updated photomode..please..:) pretty please :) :)

Liquid7394
27-12-2015, 23:13
Probably in Pcars 2.

Roger Prynne
28-12-2015, 11:19
Hoping for an updated photomode..please..:) pretty please :) :)

There won't be anymore additions to pCARS1 just bug fixes..... sorry.