PDA

View Full Version : NEW 3.0 UPDATE REVIEW

HILLBILLY GAMING
15-08-2015, 05:24
Checking out the new 3.0 update driving LMP1 using PS4 controller. Feel free to check out video or just leave a comment on your own thoughts of the new update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb082lJLdXE

Shaun1984
15-08-2015, 08:10
You need a wheel :)

John Hargreaves
15-08-2015, 08:39
You need a wheel :)

He's right, you'd love playing pCars with a wheel. Go on, you deserve it. Nice video though, love your commentary.

HILLBILLY GAMING
15-08-2015, 10:58
Thanks!Yeah I need to get a good wheel. It would make cornering a lot easier.

HILLBILLY GAMING
15-08-2015, 15:29
What Is the best wheel for the best buy out there?

John Hargreaves
15-08-2015, 16:50
Depends what you plan to do. Probably the best value for money right now would be Logitech G27, but that is quite an old wheel and will only work on PC and PS3. Works great though and is very well made so is likely to last you. Lots of guys on here have had theirs for years and the one before it, the G25, is still going strong 6-8 years on.

Moving up a bit, the choices are G29 (newly released updated version of G27, but not dramatically different) or T300RS (best FFB feel when it's working, but question marks over long term build quality, pedals not as good), which are compatible with PS3/4 also. There are lots of threads in this forum that will help you make a choice.

There are plenty more higher end wheels if you have found a bag of gold buried in the back yard.

Apoc112
15-08-2015, 19:55
I think the best value is in the thrustmaster lineup. I own the TX, myself, which is basically identical to the T300RS. Its MSRP is $400 but it can usually be found under $300 and it has the best FFB feel in the under-$1000 range. You'll pay about the same for a logitech wheel, which are still very good, but the FFB system just has not aged well since others started using brushless motors.

HILLBILLY GAMING
15-08-2015, 23:20
Thanks! John

HILLBILLY GAMING
15-08-2015, 23:21
Thanks! Apoc112

2stains
15-08-2015, 23:52
Im happy with my Fanatec GT2 wheel.

Umer Ahmad
16-08-2015, 00:36
G27, Watch microcenter, tigerdirect, newegg and amazon for sales and anything near $200 is an insta-buy

Namron
16-08-2015, 08:49
Using the LOGITECH DRIVING FORCE GT here & it works straight out the box brilliantly (130 UK) Loads of buttons to map out to your liking if you please, Real excellent FFB forces e.t.c. I can't fault it for the money & am well pleased with how PCars feels with it :encouragement:.....

Nam....

Ian Bell
16-08-2015, 08:57
Checking out the new 3.0 update driving LMP1 using PS4 controller. Feel free to check out video or just leave a comment on your own thoughts of the new update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb082lJLdXE

Ha! 'And I don't mean prisoner style'.

Excellent Hillbilly. That got a good old genuine laugh out loud from me.

justonce68
16-08-2015, 10:24
Great commentary Hillybilly made my day.
Keep it up fella

cmch15
16-08-2015, 11:04
Thought I'd add my two cents on 3.0.

Played for about 4hrs or so last night and the new info in the telemetry, setup screens is great. Tyre deg and temp graphics are much better.

Run my final Caterham classic race at Snetterton. Car feels so much better and have lowered tyre pressure from before and the tyres warm up nicely. Before the car seemed to run better when the tyres showed cold. Haven't driven any other road cars since 3.0 but Caterham feels much more connected, as was a little bit wallowy before.

Had a great Focus ST race at Sonoma in the wet, new weather effects are great to have. I was going to skip this race but as it was wet decided to take a look and turned out to be a great race.

Great job SMS!:) ��

Nats
16-08-2015, 14:12
Reasonable priced one is the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel.

Francorchamps
16-08-2015, 15:20
I'm sorry but I don't understand a word you are saying in that video. I don't want to sound insulting but is it so hard to speak like proper english or "american"? I'm not from the states but I do get that this is some kind of cow boy language. My native language is not english but even in movies I can understand the cowboys or the people casted as from Texas.

Next time please provide subtitles :roll eyes:

EDIT: Oops after reading the comments I realize it is meant as a joke. Sorry!

Knightfall
16-08-2015, 15:30
Ha! 'And I don't mean prisoner style'.

Excellent Hillbilly. That got a good old genuine laugh out loud from me.

I had the same reaction! Honorable mention to "You could hang somebody with a brand new rope and they'll still bitch..."

I hope he keeps doing these.. a great watch!

HILLBILLY GAMING
16-08-2015, 15:40
Thanks! Umer.

HILLBILLY GAMING
16-08-2015, 15:42
No problem!Just how they talk where I'm from.

poirqc
16-08-2015, 15:43
G27, Watch microcenter, tigerdirect, newegg and amazon for sales and anything near $200 is an insta-buy

Bought a G27 for 230 CAD, Taxes and S&H included in June, thru Canada Direct. Should be even less for you south of the border!

HILLBILLY GAMING
16-08-2015, 15:43
Thanks! guys glad you enjoyed it.

Umer Ahmad
16-08-2015, 18:01
Reasonable priced one is the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel.
I'm gonna advise agains the DGFT. I convinced my buddy to oick up a DFGT from tigerdirect when it was on sale a year ago ($100) and although the wheel felt decent the pedals were disappointing. I'd really save up for the g27.

The thing with these wheels is they last a while so dont buy the cheapest one because you'll be using it for 4-5years. I got my g27 in 2010. Still working good.

leithnow
16-08-2015, 19:08
It's probably better with a wheel...but is it really worth hundreds of dollars? So much more you can do with the money. And it plays just fine with a regular xbox one controller.

Apoc112
16-08-2015, 19:27
Hundreds of dollars has relative value for everyone. I would not advocate for anyone to let their children or pets starve to play a video game with a wheel, but if you have the disposable income, it's certainly not a bad way to spend it. It improves the experience pretty dramatically.

leithnow
16-08-2015, 19:40
If I had the disposable income to buy a wheel, first i'd prioritize a bad ass gaming pc, a 4k monitor or TV and/or an Oculus rift. Then there's the non game related things to want to spend money on...like your actual vehicle...

The point is, hundreds of dollars for the experience of racing with a wheel in a video game seems a bit overpriced objectively speaking.

Plato99
16-08-2015, 21:25
If my real car wasn't going in for a cambelt and service next week I wouldn't think twice about buying a wheel, pedals, and stand!! ��

Ryzza5
17-08-2015, 02:08
If you play all sorts of games, then a wheel may not be for you. If 90% of your games are of the racing/driving genre then it is a must-have. That's assuming most of your games are wheel friendly (cough, recent NFS titles).

The only sad thing is that the more disposable income you get, the less time you seem to have to enjoy it.

jason
17-08-2015, 03:13
If you play all sorts of games, then a wheel may not be for you. If 90% of your games are of the racing/driving genre then it is a must-have. That's assuming most of your games are wheel friendly (cough, recent NFS titles).

The only sad thing is that the more disposable income you get, the less time you seem to have to enjoy it.

Ain't that the truth :(

Apoc112
17-08-2015, 09:29
If I had the disposable income to buy a wheel, first i'd prioritize a bad ass gaming pc, a 4k monitor or TV and/or an Oculus rift. Then there's the non game related things to want to spend money on...like your actual vehicle...

The point is, hundreds of dollars for the experience of racing with a wheel in a video game seems a bit overpriced objectively speaking.

To me, a wheel has more impact on the experience than a high res monitor or a Rift. I don't see the point in prioritizing a VR headset for an incredible level of immersion if you're still going to use it to drive a car with a controller. That would totally break the illusion. And there are many of us who would rather play on a console, where we don't have to worry about sinking as much into upgrades, leaving us with a little extra entertainment budget to put toward peripherals like wheels, stands, and surround sound setups. To each his own, of course... my point is that you can hardly "objectively" critique how another person decides to spend their disposable income. The value of all of this stuff is entirely subjective.

HILLBILLY GAMING
17-08-2015, 13:42
Thanks for all the suggestions on a wheel guys.but first gotta save a little money to afford a good one.

iKasbian
17-08-2015, 15:15
Thanks for all the suggestions on a wheel guys.but first gotta save a little money to afford a good one.

you could get paid well for voice overs.

when is this patch for Xbox users?

AngelBrow
17-08-2015, 15:42
I keep choosing Bentley gt3 online but its giving me the Aston Martin. I even did the qualifing with the Bentley but when the race started I was in the Aston.

Apart from that its amazing