PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Leaderboards design question

Anub1s
15-08-2015, 12:32
please fix the leaderboards per class...it's really useless to put formula A with B, C , gulf etc etc.. there is no competion with the fastest A car...same for the other category ( road , gt etc etc). At this moment there are only5 cars that can be used to set times into the leaderboards, it's a big mess IMHO.

Please fix it asap.

Thank you.

miagi
15-08-2015, 12:35
Can't be fixed, it is not SMS fault, there is a very limited amount of lists. And every track needs lists, that's why cars a packed together in groups.

Pink_650S
15-08-2015, 14:06
Can't be fixed, it is not SMS fault, there is a very limited amount of lists. And every track needs lists, that's why cars a packed together in groups.

I dont understand.
They cant make it so that there are leaderboards for the different classes? (LMP1 its own, LMP2 its own)

Invincible
15-08-2015, 14:15
The number of total lists is limited by MS and Sony. As far as I know SMS already requested to be allowed to have more lists.

Neil Hopwood
15-08-2015, 14:17
psn and Xbox live only give a limit amount of leaderboards. Hence why the consoles have consolidated leaderboards. Steam does not have this limitation so PC has full leaderboards.

Psychomatrix
15-08-2015, 14:18

Who say that? Microsoft, steam and sony have all the same rules? And if so then how the rules for this in detail. Why it's for a app possible to list the leaderboards per car? So that means for me that the information goes online. Please give us details that whe can understand it.

Ok thanks for the information. I didn't know that on steam there's no limitation.

Umer Ahmad
15-08-2015, 14:21
Thread title updated

Haiden
15-08-2015, 14:25
Makes sense, because it would explain why Forza 5 grouped the two different cars in the X-class. The Lotus was clearly way faster than the other cars in that class, but they were on the board for each track.

Psychomatrix
15-08-2015, 14:32
Make sense but it's a stupid limitation. They give tons of gb for free on cloud and emailspace. To save that extra leaderboards will coast not that lot space.
A nba game for example has way more statistics or fifa than a racing game. But that all doesn't matter me if whe have offline leaderboard where I can save my besttimes per car. Like in gtr2 or gtr evo. So whe most make our on tabs what cost so much time.

Pink_650S
15-08-2015, 14:41
The number of total lists is limited by MS and Sony. As far as I know SMS already requested to be allowed to have more lists.

Oh! Didnt know.
Do you guys know why that is?

AdM1
15-08-2015, 14:45
Foza 5 etc have more leaderboard lists, why is that? Microsoft allow them more?

FLX81
15-08-2015, 14:55
Even if the number of lists is fixed, that could be balanced out with a clever filtering system. Just like you can switch between overall and friends leaderboards now, it should be possible to filter out different groups of cars. Say for example you have the Formula leaderboard at a certain track and then you can filter it out by switching between Formula A, B, C, FG, FR, vintage 80s, vintage 70s, vintage 60s.

The only problem I see with that method is that the leaderboards would probably need to be extended. Some cars are just too slow to make the top 3000.

miagi
15-08-2015, 15:24
Make sense but it's a stupid limitation. They give tons of gb for free on cloud and emailspace. To save that extra leaderboards will coast not that lot space.
A nba game for example has way more statistics or fifa than a racing game. But that all doesn't matter me if whe have offline leaderboard where I can save my besttimes per car. Like in gtr2 or gtr evo. So whe most make our on tabs what cost so much time.
What statics are those? Just as an example
89 tracks&layouts * 89 cars = 7921 leaderboards
7921 leaderboards * 3000 entries = 23.76 million entries

BulletEyeDK
15-08-2015, 15:35
I really don't understand why this is a issue at all ?

I reckon all LAP times most likely are stored in a database ? if so this is probably just a SQL database, and if this is the case, then it all comes down to having a groups table that stores information on each car in the given group.

So what it all comes down to is the GUI, if the data is stored in a database the opportuniy is there... but i could be wrong :)

But im running an pCARS community on xboxlife.dk - and here it sure works ok...
Top image showing all set times on Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short, and the bottom image showing all times on the same track in a Formula Gulf...

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/njrjnwuzyja3ntgwyjayztc5mgvizwmxmtm1yteyzgy.jpg

Titomane
15-08-2015, 16:43
I really don't understand why this is a issue at all ?

I reckon all LAP times most likely are stored in a database ? if so this is probably just a SQL database, and if this is the case, then it all comes down to having a groups table that stores information on each car in the given group.

So what it all comes down to is the GUI, if the data is stored in a database the opportuniy is there... but i could be wrong :)

But im running an pCARS community on xboxlife.dk - and here it sure works ok...
Top image showing all set times on Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short, and the bottom image showing all times on the same track in a Formula Gulf...

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/njrjnwuzyja3ntgwyjayztc5mgvizwmxmtm1yteyzgy.jpg

Can you share link?

Thanks

Psychomatrix
15-08-2015, 17:00
What statics are those? Just as an example
89 tracks&layouts * 89 cars = 7921 leaderboards
7921 leaderboards * 3000 entries = 23.76 million entries

Btw You don't need 7921 leaderboards. You can work with filters.

BulletEyeDK
15-08-2015, 17:37
Sorry i can't it still is a closed BETA webpage in development, access is only for danish members of xboxlife.dk's pCARS community ;)
And LAP times are only "practice" laps updated by the user manually, but stored in the database for comparing to other in the xboxlife.dk pCARS community...

And then it's a great tool for comparing times against each other before races :)

EMW Simmo
15-08-2015, 17:47
Even if the number of lists is fixed, that could be balanced out with a clever filtering system. Just like you can switch between overall and friends leaderboards now, it should be possible to filter out different groups of cars. Say for example you have the Formula leaderboard at a certain track and then you can filter it out by switching between Formula A, B, C, FG, FR, vintage 80s, vintage 70s, vintage 60s.

The only problem I see with that method is that the leaderboards would probably need to be extended. Some cars are just too slow to make the top 3000.

This is the best solution, just give us filters for each car/class and we can then decide which car we want to drive/view in each class.
I dont even drive the FA so i would like to race/TT the formula rookie or gulf 1000, so having a filter would solve me scrolling down for 6 weeks and also provide a sort of mini Lb for people who wish to drive a certain car, whilst still retaining the overall Lb.... :)

Haiden
16-08-2015, 00:19

Oh, I agree it's a stupid restriction, especially considering how much they make off the games. Even if storage wasn't cheap, they could splurge. :) I meant it made sense as the reason PCars doesn't have more. I didn't know there was a limit, but when he mentioned it, I remembered the dumb class grouping in Forza 5.

Wizards ZA
16-08-2015, 05:08

Would be realy good if they could have this. Would like to see what the Dev's have to say about it.