PDA

View Full Version : Missing the Bentley GT3 in GT3 AI race.

SharpEyez
15-08-2015, 15:29
As the title says.

I just did a GT3 race against the AI and noticed that all cars are on the grid except for the Bentley Continental GT3.
Is this a bug, or is it something that still needs to be implemented when selecting "Same Class" ?

BTW, the new weather effects are amazing!!

Machinist90
15-08-2015, 15:35
weird,I've seen it in my races driven by Ai,how much ai are you driving against?

Mudman
15-08-2015, 16:26
I had one in each of my last 3 AI races in single player. I raced with 23 opponents. They are there, but not in the quantities like the other GT3s.

SharpEyez
15-08-2015, 17:35
weird,I've seen it in my races driven by Ai,how much ai are you driving against?

I was driving with 15 AI's..

N0body Of The Goat
15-08-2015, 17:39
Just raced at Monza GP with "real weather" x30, against 53 AI, I had a Bentley and so did one AI.

Could this be related to Bentley GT3s having a small number of different liveries, compared to other GT3 cars?

Elmo
15-08-2015, 17:52
Could this be related to Bentley GT3s having a small number of different liveries, compared to other GT3 cars?

You hit the nail on the head. The current system tries to avoid having duplicate cars (=same livery). Since currently the Bentley only has 4 (I think) liveries it is less likely to appear than the Z4 for example, which has a full set of 20+ liveries.

We are already looking into changes to the system as well as getting more liveries for the Bentley.

TMoney
15-08-2015, 23:09
Not too long ago in my GT3 career with the Z4 I noticed my team mate was driving my identical car. Thought this was a bit strange.

Had me wondering about when racing the Audi 90 with same class AI and only having 2 Audi's on the track due to the 2 available cars, rest are Mustangs. So are duplicates supposed to be allowed? Would be nice to see more than 2 of the Audi's, but tell my team mate to stay outta my Z!

doyley101
16-08-2015, 07:24
Not too long ago in my GT3 career with the Z4 I noticed my team mate was driving my identical car. Thought this was a bit strange.

Your team are has the same car as you because you're teammates? Don't see what the problem is tbh.

Kroegtijgertje
16-08-2015, 07:34
Your team are has the same car as you because you're teammates? Don't see what the problem is tbh.

The problem is, they're both having the same number on their car (27).
That's weird and not realistic.

maurice-pascale
16-08-2015, 13:58
Same problem with the Audi IMSA 90 GTO....

i drive against 25 AI and just one Audi 90 driven by a AI.....the other 23 are all mustang trans am......hope it gets fixed

Machinist90
16-08-2015, 14:01
You hit the nail on the head. The current system tries to avoid having duplicate cars (=same livery). Since currently the Bentley only has 4 (I think) liveries it is less likely to appear than the Z4 for example, which has a full set of 20+ liveries.

We are already looking into changes to the system as well as getting more liveries for the Bentley.

do the AI make use of the custom skin? that would help a bit (or at least +1 livery on track for the moment)

SharpEyez
17-08-2015, 17:22

Would be nice to see the Bentley more often:)
Keep up the good work!

Paceman
17-08-2015, 20:48
do the AI make use of the custom skin? that would help a bit (or at least +1 livery on track for the moment)

You can set a AI custom skin, e.g. "AM_VAN_GT3_LIVERY_AI.dds". You just copy the *_PLAYER.dds and rename it *_AI.dds

Sasquatch
17-08-2015, 21:01
Same problem with the Audi IMSA 90 GTO....

i drive against 25 AI and just one Audi 90 driven by a AI.....the other 23 are all mustang trans am......hope it gets fixed

Might be accurate. There was only two Audi's entered in the IMSA GTO, in a field mostly consisted of Mazda RX7's. :D

Cheesenium
18-08-2015, 01:18

Thank you. Hopefully Bentley will get more liveries in the future.

It is a very good looking car while it is always a challenge to overtake one because it is much wider than other GT3s. I remember I had a lengthy battle with a Bentley because there isnt enough space to overtake it with my equally wide Bentley.