PDA

View Full Version : Switching cars in replay cam

AB_Attack
15-08-2015, 15:46
When I click back or forth it jumps to a random car, not the immediate one behind or ahead. How was this thing programmed to work?

KeVnWo
18-08-2015, 07:27
When I click back or forth it jumps to a random car, not the immediate one behind or ahead. How was this thing programmed to work?
My impression thus far is that it works fine during the race, but during qualifying it does not skip to the car immediately in front or behind. Haven't figured out what criterium it does use to skip (qualifying position? purely random?).

Related to the replay: does anyone know if it is possible to switch camera and cars using the keyboard rather than the mouse-controlled interface?

pigsy
18-08-2015, 07:41
Would be good during race replay to show the AI Name and position and maybe their last lap time.

KeVnWo
18-08-2015, 08:22
Related to the replay: does anyone know if it is possible to switch camera and cars using the keyboard rather than the mouse-controlled interface?
I fiddled around with this a bit more and it is possible, using the left and right arrow keys. 'F' allows you to switch the camera position, 'U' is rewind and 'I' is fast forward. However, this only works when the replay menu is visible (you can show/hide it using the right shift key). So even though switching cars and camera positions using the keys is possible, it does not seem to work without the menu showing, unfortunately (this does not look very good when you're video capturing your race)...

Mahjik
18-08-2015, 13:36
My impression thus far is that it works fine during the race, but during qualifying it does not skip to the car immediately in front or behind. Haven't figured out what criterium it does use to skip (qualifying position? purely random?).

It should cycle based on grid/qualifying position.

Tronch1
18-08-2015, 13:39
Best addition ever. It is great to see what happened with others in online race.