PDA

View Full Version : Noticed that ALL reflections on third person view where removed....

zacmaccraken
15-08-2015, 15:58
Yeah, its seems like I'm the only one who noticed that all reflections when using third person view or chasecam were removed.... Is this also on ps4? It was to gain some fps?

I think I've made a bad choice with project cars on xbox one.... should have gotten the ps4 version...

Glitchy shadows on xbox one, acting weird on car shadows (I've posted some videos about it) and on the road too..

Rearview mirror is downgraded BIG TIME on xbox one (in ps4 even reflects rain spray from cars)

No skidmarks on tarmac in xbox one version (I've seen it in ps4 footage)

Ps4 version has some kind of "smooth" filter that make the xbox one version look all choppy and jaggies everywhere.

And, last but not least, ps4 version gets updates sooner.

Sorry about the sorta rant post, I needed to release some stress.

OpticalHercules
15-08-2015, 16:34
nono, last but first in importance, there's no bug on PS4 wiping out people's game progress and tune saves whenever the game feels like... every 20 days in my case.

bodyshop
15-08-2015, 16:46
So let me get this right, your suggesting that SMS have released a worse version of PCars on xbox1? So your happy to say that SMS would do that and just throw it out there yes? screw the xbox1 sort of thing? Just rip off the xbox1 owners and tell them all platforms are the same...
Lets see what Ian and the team think of that then shall we....

bodyshop
15-08-2015, 16:51
BTW i have reflections in my game thanks.

zacmaccraken
15-08-2015, 17:06
So let me get this right, your suggesting that SMS have released a worse version of PCars on xbox1? So your happy to say that SMS would do that and just throw it out there yes? screw the xbox1 sort of thing? Just rip off the xbox1 owners and tell them all platforms are the same...
Lets see what Ian and the team think of that then shall we....

Sorry, but personal experience with pcars on xbox one was like a rollercoaster ride.... I truly wish the game to be perfect.....but unfortunately every time I play there are glitches everywhere, that I feel like I'm the only one getting them!! (Could it possibly be that my console is faulty too.... it's another valid option)

And about reflections on third person view, I'm not lying, back in 1.1 patch the ferris wheel at sakito circuit reflected some pretty cool lights at cars, specially in rainy nights! Now, those reflections are gone.

bodyshop
15-08-2015, 17:08
OK but you do know the 'glitches everywhere' are not just an xbox issue right?

zacmaccraken
15-08-2015, 17:10
nono, last but first in importance, there's no bug on PS4 wiping out people's game progress and tune saves whenever the game feels like... every 20 days in my case.

I wasn't aware of that bug at all..... don't use any tuning setup at all though, sorry!

zacmaccraken
15-08-2015, 17:13
OK but you do know the 'glitches everywhere' are not just an xbox issue right?

To be honest, didn't know that! Thought that the ps4 version was almost "perfect".

AdM1
15-08-2015, 18:09
To be honest, didn't know that! Thought that the ps4 version was almost "perfect".

No that's just what the people that have moved from Xbox to a PS4 want you to believe to justify it to themselves that they may have wasted their time and money.

OpticalHercules
15-08-2015, 18:22
I wasn't aware of that bug at all..... don't use any tuning setup at all though, sorry!

Instead of "Game Progress" I should have said "Career Progress". I don't know if it's one bug or various bugs, but something causes the Cloud save file to become corrupted or otherwise unusable, and the game with either not load past a certain screen or will load but will crash every time you exit pits or control is handed over to you. The only fix for such a bug is to delete your local and cloud save files and start over from Day 1 without the game recognizing any of your achievements or accolades. You do not lose your actual achievements since those are saved as part of your Live Profile, but the game does not remember your Zero-To-Hero or Reigning Champion (whatever it's called, the 3 consecutive championships one). But your car tunes for all modes are also saved in the same file and you lose all of those as well.

If I were just an MP Player or hot lapper, I wouldn't mind so much. When I bought this game I had zero intention of ever playing MP. The sole reason I pre-ordered this game was because it had a career endurance mode... Something I have only earned my way through the career mode to get to legitimately once, only completed the first career endurance race for LMP class on Road America, and then lost that Game save. I have yet to get through the career mode again to that point before the save file goes bad again.

Sasquatch
15-08-2015, 18:35

Far from it. But really, there isn't a game out right now that doesn't have it's extreme case of bugs/glitchs. They're going to exist.

Unless it's a Nintendo game.

SuperTidosho
16-08-2015, 22:54
No that's just what the people that have moved from Xbox to a PS4 want you to believe to justify it to themselves that they may have wasted their time and money.

Yeah, because from the mentality of PS owners, Sony can do no wrong. When the reality is all they do is promise stuff, then remove features, still use the crappy build quality style from the PS3 Slim, and PS4 is now suffering from BLoD, there's tons of the things on eBay at any one time. It's the RLoD fiasco except on the other foot, and all the PS guys thought they were invincible until 3 years into the PS3 lifecycle and they started dropping dead like flies, while MS had sorted the problem out by then.

A slightly more powerful GPU is nothing. Horsepower isn't everything. Torque matters more, and on a console like the Xbox One with MS doing so much for us, the torque is the momentum at which updates and features come at us. Wait till DX12 and Windows 10 come to Xbox one, we'll see how many PS guys are laughing then. And we all know faster RAM and GPU equals more heat, and with the PS4's crappy cramped cooling system blowing hot air out of an already hot PSU (shit build quality taken from the PS3), we'll see ;)

Liquid7394
16-08-2015, 23:01
Yeah, because from the mentality of PS owners, Sony can do no wrong. When the reality is all they do is promise stuff, then remove features, still use the crappy build quality style from the PS3 Slim, and PS4 is now suffering from BLoD, there's tons of the things on eBay at any one time. It's the RLoD fiasco except on the other foot, and all the PS guys thought they were invincible until 3 years into the PS3 lifecycle and they started dropping dead like flies, while MS had sorted the problem out by then.

A slightly more powerful GPU is nothing. Horsepower isn't everything. Torque matters more, and on a console like the Xbox One with MS doing so much for us, the torque is the momentum at which updates and features come at us. Wait till DX12 and Windows 10 come to Xbox one, we'll see how many PS guys are laughing then. And we all know faster RAM and GPU equals more heat, and with the PS4's crappy cramped cooling system blowing hot air out of an already hot PSU (shit build quality taken from the PS3), we'll see ;)
I've never seen more nonsense in a single post on this forum. Pretty clear you're a brainwashed kid.

madmax2069
17-08-2015, 00:01
Yeah, because from the mentality of PS owners, Sony can do no wrong.

Thats the mentality of a fanboy in general regardless of what platform they fanboy over. Xbox/Microsoft fanboys are just as ignorant as the PlayStation/SONY fanboys.

And I hate to brake it to you but your post reads a little bit like a fanboy post.

Yes DX12 will give the xbox a slight performance boost, but nothing like it will on a PC. The reason why is due to the version of DX11 thats being used on the xbox one (the version of DX11 on xbox is already low level) already has a lot of functions that DX12 is going to give performamce wize on the PC. DX12 on the xbox one is not going to be the game changer you're thinking it going to be, Phil already stated this but people wont listen. DX12 isn't going to change the hardware thats already there in the xbox, its not going to magically grow extra hardware because of windows 10 and DX12.

bodyshop
17-08-2015, 05:39
I've never seen more nonsense in a single post on this forum. Pretty clear you're a brainwashed kid.

And here they come.....why are you in xbox1 section anyway child?

jason
17-08-2015, 05:43

Oh dear are you serious bud !

bodyshop
17-08-2015, 05:44
Thats the mentality of a fanboy in general regardless of what platform they fanboy over. Xbox/Microsoft fanboys are just as ignorant as the PlayStation/SONY fanboys.

And I hate to brake it to you but your post reads a little bit like a fanboy post.

Yes DX12 will give the xbox a slight performance boost, but nothing like it will on a PC. The reason why is due to the version of DX11 thats being used on the xbox one (the version of DX11 on xbox is already low level) already has a lot of functions that DX12 is going to give performamce wize on the PC. DX12 on the xbox one is not going to be the game changer you're thinking it going to be, Phil already stated this but people wont listen. DX12 isn't going to change the hardware thats already there in the xbox, its not going to magically grow extra hardware because of windows 10 and DX12.

No one cares but PS fanbois, makes my blood boil, seriously find a true cause and put this passion into that, not spending your time finding any chance to shout how your 'winning' because you own a PS4.... I like xbox had them since the first one, that is all, i like the design and i refuse to have more than one console as i have a life.
If PCars runs worse on xbox1 then so be it, its a 1st world problem at most and its with a game that does have its issues regardless anyway even on PC... move on enjoy life and honestly your not a 'winner' in life by choosing PS4 over XBOX1 your just a consumer...

bodyshop
17-08-2015, 05:49
Look at all the PS4 bots in this thread now!!

I'm posting in the correct section...why aren't you? Trolls??

jason
17-08-2015, 05:53
No one cares but PS fanbois, makes my blood boil, seriously find a true cause and put this passion into that, not spending your time finding any chance to shout how your 'winning' because you own a PS4.... I like xbox had them since the first one, that is all, i like the design and i refuse to have more than one console as i have a life.
If PCars runs worse on xbox1 then so be it, its a 1st world problem at most and its with a game that does have its issues regardless anyway even on PC... move on enjoy life and honestly your not a 'winner' in life by choosing PS4 over XBOX1 your just a consumer...

I'm not a fan boy in anyway as I did my research and wanted the best console I could by , the cards were on the table with the specs along time before the consoles hit the market.

Ive had Xbox and playstation , I'm no fan boy ...... I just wanted the best graphics and processing power I could get and that's what I got for my $$$'s..............I think the proof is there for all to see with this game and many of the games that come out on the two consoles....... Pretty obvious with the resolution's that ps4 gets compared to xbox one , same frame rate better resolution in most cases.

jason
17-08-2015, 05:54
Look at all the PS4 bots in this thread now!!

I'm posting in the correct section...why aren't you? Trolls??

Why are getting so angry do you regret your purchase ?
Last but not least , you sir are a MUPPET.

Bealdor
17-08-2015, 05:59
And another (possible) bug report quickly turned into a console war thread. Well done folks!

Closed.

Bealdor
17-08-2015, 07:16
To those guys that believe it's ok to sneakily insult other members via reputation comment (you know who you are!), you're wrong.

We will not tolerate any kind of abuse on this forum, be it via post, PM or profile comments. I handed out infractions this time but I'm going to ban you if you won't stop this behaviour.